Reviews of Motel 6 Union City 2 stars

#3 of 8 hotels in Union City

6.2

6.1

6.1

Front Desk was very rude when I asked for a refund after walking into a dirty room. Drug residue on the table, Dirty used towels behind the door, floor sticky and the bathroom OMG filthy.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was not cleaned properly, the floor was very dirt.. Spider in the sink, hair in the tub, sheets stained, it was not a pleasant stay. Walls were paper thin, and the bed was uncomfortable.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Customer service was horrible. The older Indian gentleman was very rude at check in. Bugs in the bathroom, dirty linen, Sinking areas in flooring, and dirty towels..

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The roof leaked over the bed. The bed was as hard as a rock. There was molds in the shower. The only place to walk the dog was trashed literally with broken bottles, garbage and poo.

The room was basically clean. It was a fifty dollar place to get some sleep.

All I was expecting was a clean place to sleep overnight during a long drive with my family. Instead we got yelled at and told there was no room for us. The staff/manager was terribly rude!!! We called around 10pm to let him know we had a reservation but we’d be checking in late..we were 30 minuets out. He said he would get the room ready and then hung up on me. I called right back and asked if he would please leave a couple extra blankets for the kids while he was getting the room ready. He told me no, that it was too late to get anything we might need. I guess he was upset because we would be checking in after 10 pm. I could barely understand what he was saying because it sounded like he was having a children’s slumber party or something in the background. All I could hear was lots of children whining and fussing in the background as he fussed back at them...I wasn’t sure if he was talking to me or to the kids as he kept yelling “no”! Then as I told him I didn’t understand and asked him what he said, he hung up on me again. My husband called back a little while later to figure out what was going on... he inquired about the blankets again and the man said “You! You are with the lady who called earlier... I already told you, you don’t get any blankets!” Appalled by the way he was treating us, he asked the man if he was the owner or the manager or what... then the man became irate and started screaming at him! He told us there was no room for us and that he was canceling our reservation and hung up on us again. What the ??? At that point, all we could do was find a different place to stay!

Price was good, pics online looked clean, reviews sounded ok... but staff was so rude as we tried to check in that we had to find a different place to stay.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The towels and linen were filthy.. Trash was under the beds. The floor had years-old filth on it. The toilet, tub, and shower curtain had MOLD growing on them. None of the surfaces had ever been wiped down. The room reeked!!

• Double Room - Smoking

the shower head wasn't in the wall, I did get a smoking but there was cigarette burns in the blankets, wifi connection suck and the front told me that's not their problem.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I was in room 112 on my first night and when my family and I woke up to go to church the next day, it was raining in the room with a very bad leak in the roof. I called the front to let them know and the older gentleman was very nice and apologetic. As I went to check out a day early expecting to get my refund, the same older gentleman offered me a room that he said his nephews were sleeping in waiting to go the the airport to catch a flight. This was now room 103. This room was a lot nicer than the other one. You can tell they keep this one available for their family.

The ability to park right in front of the door. The shower was nice....

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Towels could have been softer.

I love the wooden floors, no carpet smells. What I value most was the quietness. How close it was to stores, gas, and places to eat.

• Double Room - Smoking

The bathroom was dirty. The shower didnt drain fast enough during a shower.

The bed was comfy. The room size was big. Close to airport and gas stations.

The linens were stained and they dont change the blankets. The floors were very dirty. The plumming is bad. Rooms have roaches. Prostitutes on property. Front desk staff extremely rude especially night shift and owner. They do nothing to accomodate the customer and ignore complaints. The price is not bad but it is still not worth the terrible customer service.

Price was not bad.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Great place to take a hooker or do some blow, not such a great place to take your family. Floors were sticky, tabletops had strange film, beds stained yellow, tv even had spots that looked like spit. You could hear the guests next door having a regular conversation and even though the website said they offered breakfast, all they offered was coffee. I guess you get what you pay for though.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

This is my 3rd or 4th stay at this location and the front desk attendee was not welcoming or nice at all. I was really disappointed because I expected more.

The room was clean, Bed was comfy parking convenient and close proximity to friends and family.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The dip where you first come in at by the gas station

The check in person was pretty cool he was a vegetarian and he taught me a little bit about it more

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The people staying next to us which I know isn't the motels fault. They were outside yelling, swearing, and car music playing extrememly loud from 3:00-4:30 A.M.!!

The woman that cleaned the rooms was very nice and offered extra towels and toilet paper. I was traveling with four teenage girls so I guess she just knew!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

My WI-fi wouldn't connect and when it did it was a poor connection.

This was the perfect stay for me. No complaints. Having a fridge and microwave in the room was exactly what I needed. The staff was super sweet and the room was great for the price. It was close to the freeway and there is a Waffle House next door.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

I end up not stayong and getting my money back!! This was THE nastiest place I have ever seen!! No carpet on floors..dirt and dust caked on floor...bedding was very soiled with stains n dirty! Room needs painted...it was just triffling! The clerk however was nice and immediately gave my money back n apologized...

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Every thing. Poor customer service. No tv service or internet access. When I voiced my trouble I was told I had to fixed it. Received no help with either service

Absolutely nothing

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Everything. The bathroom was AWFUL, the toilet was AWFUL! There were old underwear on the floor and cock roaches. It was one of the worst experiences in my life. There were bed bugs that I am still itching from. I'm really thinking about bringing fox 5 up there to see the room and how nasty it is. They are ripping people off. I really want my money back because of the mental distress that I have encountered by staying at your motel for 1 awful night in Union City Georgia!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Beds were so hard we woke up sore. No microwaves or refrigerators. No room service while we stayed.They were out of fitted sheets when a drink was spilled so we had to keep our same sheets.

The pool was good for the kids. The AC was nice and cold.

• Double Room - Smoking

The bed sheets had stains i asked for some clean sheets to put on top they refused to give any and said there's nothing they can do. Walls were very dirty. Fridge wasn't working. As soon as you walk into the room it smelled like someone had a smoke out. The whole area where the rooms were smelled like a smoke out. Definitely hard to breathe there considering i have asthma. There were also holes in the sheets as if someone was smoking and accidentally forgot they were smoking leaving burnt wholes in the sheets. Overall i wouldn't recommend anyone to come here its a dump.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Staff at front desk rude and very slow processing accommodation

They gave me same room as last time I was happy about that because that was the best room I've had there...room 215

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I booked two rooms for this motel during Memorial Day weekend (2017), to attend a graduation in Atlanta. Prior to arriving, there was no record of my room being booked, because my legal name appears differently on my social media account that booking.com linked my reservation to. The representative from booking.com did provide speedy assistance with calling the hotel and clearing up the difference in my name. The clerk at the motel called me twice before arriving to confirm that he had my booking. Due to traffic and distance traveled, we ended up checking in around midnight. Our family in town came to the motel to visit with us and an off-duty cop, riding a golf cart proceeded to ask my 16-year-old nephew why he was at the motel, after seeing him exit the car with his parents. The officer said that there is frequent drug activity at the location and questions most all guests. Following our first stay, the clerk called my room to tell me that we had not paid for the next day to stay. I went directly to the clerk to clear up the matter and realized that they only charged our credit card for the first night. When we went to pay for the remaining two nights, the clerk insisted that we had to pay the increased weekend rate, which would have been $50.00 over the original booking.com quote. When I insisted that we booked all three nights at one set rate, the clerk said that the reservation that we made online with booking.com was irrelevant. I asked the clerk to pull up my booking reservation and instead of doing so, agreed to bill me for the original cost of the room. This option was only given to me because two patrons came in during my dispute and both were charged two different rates for the same types of rooms. The power ended up going out in the room for 30 minutes, which prevented us from getting ready for our event. The towels were changed each day, but smelled of cigarette smoke. The shower had to be ran for 5 minutes before getting hot enough to use.

Leaving my hotel in the morning.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

• Double Room - Smoking

Had no hot water for shower when I woke up to get ready. Car alarms went off all night. Police and ambulances we're there half the night with sirens blaring and light flashing through the window. People walking the parking lot all night. The pillows we're flat and the bed was very uncomfortable and loud every time you rolled over. O was very tired when had to go to the meeting for work cause I tossed and turned all night. Will never go back to that place.

• Double Room - Smoking

BEDS WAS OLD AND SINKING AND THEY WAS NOT THE SIZE THE BOOKING SAID THEY WOULD BE,FLOORS WAS COMING UP,SHOWER WASN'T GREAT, TOWELS NEED TO BE UPDATED

NOTHING...I WANT STAY THERE AGAIN

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

My only complaint is the bathroom tile on the floor you had to really be careful because the tiles were really unstable to the point you might fall through the floor. I stayed in room 238.

I was in and out for many business meetings throughout the days of my stay.There were many days I came in very late. I really appreciate the motel accomodating my late check-in due to my flight came in at 11:00pm. Thank you

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Rooms were dirty....Filthy...And made my skin crawl.....People hanging outside...Not upgraded and what they tried to upgrade looks like they got their furniture from a second hand store and that was tearing apart or water damaged.

Nothing at all.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The area is a bit sketchy, but that is a given by how cheap the stay is.

The staff was very nice, and you could tell they actually cared about making sure you were satisfied with your stay

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Where to start... This was the worst motel we stayed at on our entire 30 day trip in the USA. First we were given a 'Non-smoking room', which we immediately found smelled strong of smoke. I noticed the smoke detector had a plastic bag taped over it, and the guests next door looked like gangsters. Our guess is the previous guests had ignored the no-smoking rule and staff had failed to check the room properly. We returned to reception to request another room. The next room smelled a bit better, but was the dirtiest room I've had in all my life of travelling, even in south Asia. The floor was so dirty, our feet were black within minutes, and you could feel grit underfoot. See photos of towel we used to wipe a 12sq" section of floor The handbasin had toothpaste and soap scum on the faucet and taps. The shower had soap scum on the walls. The bed comforters had large dark stains all over them. In the fridge, was a packet of expired baking soda that had began going mouldy, and the fridge smelled nasty, the packet was stuck to the shelf. The main front door was mouldy inside and had black stains on it. Beside the toilet was a brown splatter stain. We stayed the night in this room because we were tired and it was late. Hoping to get a refund. Am currently in discussion with Booking staff.

Close to i85. That's about all it had in favour.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The cleanliness of the room. I had to change rooms because the sink was leaking and the showercurtain needed to be washed. The mildew smell was awful.

Nothing really did I like that was worth $70

• Reviewed: 3 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bathroom and floors of my room were dirty. Some of the staff are lazy. The beds were hard and very uncomfortable. The fact that the motel doubles as business and a government assisted homeless shelter!!... yes that took the cake! And the reason for the sad face on the bonus question.

The location was more than convenient for my needs and the only reason why I didn't go to another motel in the area!

• Reviewed: 21 June 2016

• Double Room - Smoking

for the money i guess it wasn't too bad. just the bed covering looked very worn and the AC was leaking inside the room. but i would like to say that maintenance came and took care of the issue. i guess i was comparing this to the one in columbia, s.c off of two notch. that one was a lot nicer.

i liked the staff, everyone was courteous and cool.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The clerk was ru in had an attitude and then when I got the room the room was dirty the tub was filthy.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Nice hotel for the price enjoyed my stay...

The check in process

The price

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Sheets had stains, hair in shower, floor felt as if it was sinking in.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The staff was rude, and the housekeeper didn't clean any of the rooms. I found hair all in the bed and in the tub

Very unsafe

The people hanging outside

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Wasn't clean unlike previous times I was there.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Everything has been great so far. Would recommend to others

• Double Room - Disability Access/Smoking

TV and we had clean towels

My room was very dirty the bed was so low to the floor

Bed size and comfort

Cleanliness

Everything was great

The room

?

?

Free night stay...lol

The room was very clean..staff was professional..location was perfect

I liked everything

I liked the room and service

it was clean

Everything was good

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The location was around everything

Television hard to connect

The staff was very service oriented

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

How Rude and filthy they are there.

• Double Room - Disability Access/Smoking

The staff were nice as always even the housekeepers

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The room was old. The beds were old. Its needs a remodel. The floors were hardwood and not carpet.

The water pressure

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

There were cigarette burns on the bedding and the rim of the bathtub.

Upgrade

Customer Service.

Upgrading

The place is older but very clean. The front desk staff is nice but the super star front desk person is there in the afternoon.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I didn't like everything. Only staff

I don't think it was nothing I sector liked at the hotel besides the staff.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The room was barely clean. Windows and mirrors were dirty. Bed cover wasn’t clean.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bed should be softer, blankets should be thicker for the cold weather. Pillows were nice.

Bed was hard.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The people next door too loud

The comfort of the room

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It was soooooo loud outside that I could not get comfortable therefore I checked out early.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Too many people hanging outside

The staff was very nice,housekeeping was nice and they we're very helpful

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The locations was not good.the room was not that great.

The price was not that bad.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Staff was mean housekeeper an old man rude asf

Quite

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Hard beds, unclean room, especially bathroom, drugs and noise all night just outside my door

It was near where I needed to be

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The little light behind the bed just above your head is way too close for comfort.

There was enough towels. Some places are stingy.

Pool was outside...no breakfast

The fact that they had a pool

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The other clientele left a lot to be desired

Convenient and rooms were clean enough and no charge for dogs

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Good clean rooms well maintained

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Tub filled up with water when showering, did not drain well

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Not safe at all. Someone broke in from the roof while we were in our room.