Reviews of Rodeway Inn University 2 stars

#172 of 193 hotels in Austin

6.1

Location to DT.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Loud next to highway, sheets and towels were dirty as well as the carpet, a bug was found on one of the beds. Did not match the pictures viewed prior to booking property.

Location to DT.

Wouldn't recommend unless only place available: extra charges, dirty, cramped facility, no pet areas
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Deposits charged!, $50.00 for stay, $50.00 pets, was refunded (incorrectly), $10.00 per day/pet; fairly dirty room, hard to cool, bad pet walking area, old facility, fenced in stark feel. Staff Ok but fumbled charges.

Location close to center of town. Had microwave, fridge, OK beds.

Super near by the event we were going to.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The sink was dripping all night. The hot water took a while to kick in. The “breakfast” wasn’t worth it.

Super near by the event we were going to. Staff was cool. Swimming pool closed late so my family could have fun till forever. Price was ok. But I’ve had worst.

If u want a good nights rest this is definitely NOT the place to stay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

bathtub drain was stopped-up and very slow to drain, carpets were old and stale- smelly. beds were uncomfortable. Lights didn't work,a/c was really loud.

location. proximity to place where I was going for business

My daughter is going to attend UT Austin, this will be my go to place to stay for sure!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was hot and took a long time to cool down. That was the only problem at all. I expected some less than desirable guests because of the price but I was pleasantly satisfied and felt safe, being in a big city by myself with three children.

The beds were extremely comfortable. The lady at the desk was friendly and helpful. The pool was nice for the kids. Soda machine was at a reasonable cost. Actually, all the personal at this location were friendly and approachable.

Well my stay on the parking lot was not so bad until the owner started screaming at me for graving a
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

This seems to be going around alot

I waited for my room for four hours,the front desk said i had the room already paid for.and four hours later the new front desk lady said my credit card was denied but i had taken care of all that four hours earlier. I made sure of that before hand with the previous clerk.unbeleaveble.

In general, I liked the staff and the location near UT...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The only thing I did not like was the deposit of $50, which was not returned back. It was a bit strange, because when made the reservation via booking.com I was not informed about that.

In general, I liked the staff and the location near UT Austin. Also, everything was working properly inside the room.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

A/C was off in the room when we arrived at 9pm and the room was close to 100 degrees. Took till 3am to cool off enough to lay down comfortably.

No, I won't stay again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was a disturb next around 3:45 am and this couple were drunk and arguing very laud and nobody of the staff member came to stop so We have to leave earlier.. Poor quality of security and the room was not clean . I won't ever stay again .

I guess when I checked in.

Looks nothing like pictures posted

Bathroom Housekeeping

Looks nothing like pictures posted Room was not as bad as you'd expect from seeing the outside, beds were small but fine Shower and sink did not drain, but instead filled up with rusty water Housekeeping never came during two night stay

For a relatively inexpensive motel with clean facilities, this was a good place to stay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The parking lot is quite small, so you need to be a skilled at parking your vehicle.

The staff was friendly. The room was very clean, and the beds were very comfortable.

Great value for price. Nothing fancy whatsoever, but met and surprisingly exceeded expectations.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Fruit, peanut butter and jam would be great. 1 broken and 1 empty soda machine. Bed a little too soft. Food delivery website info in the room was outdated-- the company was apparently closed or unavailable. Not enough electrical outlets to charge my phone, computer, and tablet without unplugging alarm clock or moving the TV stand/dresser. Kind of dark in parking lot. Lots of interstate traffic noise. Please note that the address is confusing as there is another (bigger/nicer) Rodeway with a similar address AAAALLLLL the way on the other side of own but on the same road. Lyft/Uber got lost a few times, costing me more $$. A little sketchy that they were conducting a working interview for housekeeping and sent her off, seemingly unvetted, do rooms unsupervised while carrying her GIANT purse. I heard her say she only had 1 month's worth of prior experience, also with Rodeway, as housekeeping and that seemed to be both the beginning and the end of the formal interview process. I have to say I actually felt a little uncomfortable leaving my stuff in the room that morning, but everything was fine.

Bonus breakfast with cereal, milk, yogurt, bagels, danish, muffins, juice, coffee and make-your-own waffles! The waffle iron was so adorable! In-room coffee machine, mini-fridge and microwave, as well as hair dryer and iron/ironing board. Sturdy double locks on doors. Lots of lighting in the room. Many TV stations although a bit tricky to navigate through them. Reliable free Wi-Fi in room. Comfy pillows. Good shower pressure and nice warm water temperature, although head does not swivel/move to adjust for taller/shorter people. Heat/air unit in room. Plentiful free parking. Clean pool.

The personnel were friendly
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was a huge rusty hole in our sink. Little pieces of rust were all over the sink. It was literally just feet away from interstate. Terribly loud.

Close to many things we wanted to do

This was a decent room for the price.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The cream cheese was all crusted over at breakfast time.

This was a decent room for the price. The neighborhood wasn't that great but I still felt safe.

Will not stay here ever again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Rude staff put do not disturb sign on door due to testing times and tgey decided to xall the room and wake us up and saud oops we called the wrong room funny when tge hotel wasnt even half full.

Didnt really like anything nasty rooms rude staff

NEVER staying at this establishment again! Count your pillows because they’ll charge you for them.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The location and cleanliness was not what I was expecting. The whole place was sketchy. In order for us to upgrade from a full size bed to a king we had to pay $20 cash but our deposit had to be on the card which I booked the room with! There was used soap left in the tub (obviously from the person who was there before us!) I was charged $30 for a bed pillow I supposedly stole after being checked out a few hours. (Which I DID NOT take nor would I ever steal something from an establishment). If the room had been properly cleaned and proper pillow count had been checked I wouldn’t be accused and charged for something I didn’t take or have. I won’t recommend this establishment to any of my friends or family.

Absolutely terrible
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was a booger on the wall, The toilet didn’t work, and the nonsmoking room smelled of musty mildew old cigarettes. The second room smelled better but the sheets had hairs on them which did not belong to us. Overall it was gross.

Leaving

Comfortable bed.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

A little bit of road noise, but the air conditioner helped down it out. The fridge didn’t get as cold as I’d like it.

Comfortable bed. Friendly staff. Cleaner than I expected.

There are waffle maker, boiled eggs, small bagels, cream...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Some equipments in the room are old and can be fixed. Such as leaking faucet, etc.

There are waffle maker, boiled eggs, small bagels, cream cheese, organic tea bag etc. More than what I saw on the web. The bed is very comfortable. The location to visit UT-Austin is very good. Whin 30 minutes, you can walk to administration building and other colleague buildings.

The staff that greeted us were very friendly.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Our lights didnt work properly in our room. The location was ok if you have a car but is about a 40minute walk if you dont.

The staff that greeted us were very friendly. The breakfast was fulfilling and our room was clean and spacious.

WON'T DO IT AGAIN OR RECOMMEND
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room wasn't that clean the refrigerator didn't work the iron board had brown stuff all over it didn't iron my clothes for my meeting because of it... the A.C. unit was hanging like someone had been pulling on it.. just a horrible night stay

I like the fact that rodeway was conveniently located..

THIEVES... SEND BATMAN
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The mgr. Owner ..whatever.. Tried TAKE MY PAID FOR BOOKING . RAN MY CREFIT CARD Without my approval. . tried to lie and say a 3 towels were missing to take my $50 deposit. Went up to room ..all towels were there per his quoted number .. I am sure this is his main source of income. TECHNICALITUES PAYS THE BILLS HERE. NOT CUSTOMER SERVICE OR FACILITIES. BEWARE THIEVES APPROACHING

Has electricity

Clean, good value.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Staff could not find booking at check-in. After showing him the reservation, he finally gave us a room. Lightbulb was missing for the light switch by door.

Very much noise
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It Was extremly noisy from all the interstate highways! The swimmingpool, wich my kids Was looking forward to, Was allmost unsusuable because of all the noise and dirt from the cars. The rooms where old, dirty and everything Was broken (cofeemachine, zink, lights and more).

Staff and breakfast Was ok

Straightforward motel with the basics for a short stay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It was hard to find the front of the building using Google Maps. Pool of water from the fridge but that was clearly not usually a problem.

The room was neat and fairly cool when we arrived. Service was fine and breakfast was easy.

The rooms were clean but issues at check-in put a dampener...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The manager was extremely rude and unhelpful having been charged twice for the room. We then had to wait over a week for a refund and at no point was an apology offered. It is not difficult to say sorry when you have clearly made an error in processing our check in. I also overheard how the manager spoke with the staff following the error, totally inappropriate. We will not be returning and would not recommend.

The rooms were clean but issues at check-in put a dampener on our entire stay.

We stayed there because it is close to UT Austin.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

We arrived in the early morning and would like to leave our luggage there but the staff could not decide. We had to wait for more than an hour until the manager came and he let us leave our stuff in the laundry room.

We stayed there because it is close to UT Austin. The neighborhood is quiet so we could get good sleep at night. Breakfast was included so we didn't have to bother getting food in the morning.

For $100 a night you could find better spots available near downtown.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Staff charged me twice so I was short on funds after the stay. Also, the fact that they charge $100 upfront for deposit and takes up to 10 business days to refund. Iron didn't work. Room smells funky and it isn't in the best condition.

Food was ok.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Could of had more on the breakfast line

Food was ok. Location was my main reason to closeness of UT. Parking at school is terrible so this hotel was great

Bed bugs, Clogged Sink/Tub, Hot Room!

Cleanliness.

The room was extremely hot when we arrived and to top it off, one of the beds had bed bugs!!! My husband was bitten all over his back, abdomen, and arms. We had to pick the bugs off of the bed sheet with a tissue and flush them down the toilet. Management was notified, but they didn't seem to care at all. Also, the tub and sink were clogged. My family and I took turns showering 30 minutes apart; it was a extremely tedious process. I did not like this hotel at all. Very unsanitary for my taste.

Good value for money.

No complaints.

Good value for money. Location is good (initially we were hesitant because it's next to a freeway) however we were never bothered by noise. Short drive to every thing and plenty of parking. The pool was a plus, we used it every day. The breakfast wasn't anything fancy but it was sufficient (two types of cereal, mini bagels, pastries, waffle batter, yoghurt, apples, mandarins, juice & coffee).

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

I would stay there again
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Update the rooms & showers.

That it was close to the hospital . The staff was very accommodating, Left a couple of items, they found them, and they are mailing them back to us.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

Not bad at all!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The Manager and front desk both were super nice, the parking is free and there is actually a lot of room to park your car!!! Great breakfast. You get way more than what you pay for! Plus it is super near downtown (car 6 min / public transportation 15 min). It is definitely the cheapest option, it is not a 5 star hotel yes, but all I was looking for was a nice bed, hot water, and a safe place to park my car...The mini fridge and microwave were definitively a plus! Thumps up for sure!

Not as expected
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Was extremely filthy, I not even feel like using the shower or bed, mainly just parked there and sit, in the room; As you can see in the pics, it was obvious I had NOT use the coffee pot, curtains were stained, I didn't feel safe to even touch them, and sink, tub, fridge, etc. all dusty, stained, unusable; took pictures as soon as I got there, because I was surprised they charged and ADDITIONAL $50.00 DLS Deposit, in case we leave the room "filthy" out of normal

Guests arrived about 1030 pm to find the front desk could...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

See above. Would like to have someone at the hotel that speaks better English.

Guests arrived about 1030 pm to find the front desk could not find the reservation. I had checked that afternoon and everything was ok with it. I had locked in a $103 rate and the property found them a room and wanted to charge them $129. The front desk manager was rude and said that there was no reservation but they found them a room so everything was ok, but it wasn't. When he looked again for my reservation, they had my named spelled incorrectly. After driving for 5 and 1/2 hours, this was NOT what the guests wanted to deal with. After all that, the front desk gave then an acceptable room rate of $99.00. I was notified that the motel bill was almost $170. They were charged a deposit of $50. I don't understand why when they were paid with a CC. When will their deposit be refunded? Nothing on the website said that a deposit was required that I could find

Pass on this one
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The property is directly off the highway, does not appear to be well cared for from the outside.

The attendant was very friendly and encouraging. Suggested bus routes to make travel downtown easier.

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

Sleep with earplugs hotel
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room was very, very loud, even at night, because the interstate is basically next to the hotel. Couldn't open the window because of it. Earplugs defintively needed for sleeping, also because the aircondition is old and super loud. The sanitary equipment was old and rusty and the shower faucet almost fell apart when touching it. So called breakfast consisted of two cereals, milk and some defrost-pastries, no fruit or bread at all like in the pictures!! Thankfully there is a nice diner nearby, that offers good breakfast.

Bedroom was okay, the fridge and microwave a nice extra. Bed was comfy. Staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

The mattress under the sheets was lined in plastic making...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The mattress under the sheets was lined in plastic making the bed extremely noisy and impacted my sleep. Cheap compared to how expensive the other hotels were during ACL, but that was the only highlight. Also I had to get a new room key several times because it wouldn't work from the start or after a few uses. I wasn't the only one. Really just a place to pass out in and spend as little time as possible.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Just my honest opinion.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

That i had to pay a hundred dollars safety deposit and I never received the hundred back. Which I'm supposed to

All in all. Me and my friends enjoyed it the beds were nice. shower head nice warm water. Not to mention the staff was major cool. I can dig it

Nice stay for short time traveler
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Shower could have been better.

Bed and pillows were good. AC too!

Fair
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The shower needs to be re caulked and I couldn't move the shower head.

Location was perfect for what I went for. Staff was really friendly.

Staff was friendly

Whole venue seemed unkept

Staff was friendly

bugs...
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Dead bugs everywhere. Probably the staff used some chemical product, but several corpses were laying in the floor at check in

Stay was very comfortable.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Everything was very satisfactory. Good value for my stay.

best location for campus access but disappointing in overall apperance
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

the male supervisor was rude, the female trainer was kinder, bathroom wasn't as clean as it should have been

Beds were not comfy but overall location and staff were...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Beds were not comfy but overall location and staff were awesome

We felt unsafe.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

we felt unsafe there. the place is run down and very pricey for what is offered.

the bed was ok

Noisy.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The place was totally misrepresented in the pictures.

There was an effort to make the place clean inside.

Affordable, great location
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bathroom door didn’t close all the way

Check out time was at noon

Affordable and comfortable

I liked everything

Quietness

it's pretty central!

it's pretty central!

Easy to find, the bus stop location was very close
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Swimming pool is almost invisible despite the fact that it's right in front.

Easy to find, the bus stop location was very close

Check in was oddly long and complicated.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Check in was oddly long and complicated.

Grear beds to sleep in.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Clean and comfortable beds. Good air conditioning. Room smell clean.

Good size rooms and beds.

You can make waffle by yourself.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

You can make waffle by yourself.

overall it was good since it was close to where I needed to be.

right next to IH35.

close to where i needed to be.

It was all good

The bathroom

It was convenient

They take your money even before you show up and refuse to do cancellations

Location to library

Small overlooked housekeeping items

Location to library

Pleasant
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

To noisy, is to close to the highway and needs a noise barrier.

Confortable and clean beds.

Room was clean.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Highway traffic. Too noisy.

Room was clean.

Horrible
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

They charged me twice on my card and now Im overdrafted on my bank account... huge factor. NOT SATISFIED

Great sleep

To be walking distance to the stadium it was great if you are looking for fancy you will pay a lot m
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Great place to stay for the Longhorn football game

nice and cozy

can't think of anything

free breakfast was nice

Fine
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Traffic noise and I have a 3/4 ton truck got trapped in the parking lot because it’s so small

Close to DKR stadium

Near to UT campus.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Near to UT campus. walk in distance.

Overall good

Next to freeway

Good area for where I needed to be

Everything Was Good 👍🏻

Everything Was Good 👍🏻

The price
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It said no deposit but when we got there she charged me for deposit

The price

Wonderful
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Everyone was so nice ,rooms clean,quiet,great pool for kids I would stay there again

newer facilities

newer facilities

Very limited food options within walking distance.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Very limited food options within walking distance.

Nice staff
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The air con was too noisy

The staff are amazing

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

Wouldn't recommend this to my friends or family

Dimly lit room. Very drab

Bed was covered in plastic, but comfortable

Wasn't worth the price we paid which was a lot more...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Wasn't worth the price we paid which was a lot more Thani usually spend.