Reviews of Village Inn 1 stars

69 Old Mill Bottom Road North, Annapolis, MD 21409, USA

#25 of 25 hotels in Annapolis

6.2

5.7

I will probably select this as a suitable place to stay for other events where what I want is a clea
    • Non-Smoking - King Room

Wish the office served hot coffee into the evening, say until 8 PM. Morning coffee and muffins were available.

Modest amenities but lovely, large room with beautiful furnishings, comfortable bed, microwave, small refrigerator, cable tv (with HBO), radio-clock-alarm, and wifi. AC worked well. Very close to 301, Bay Bridge, and US Naval Academy. Brought my own hair dryer, shampoo, etc. Plenty of towels (towels were refreshed daily), and tissues. No coffee maker. Brought my own frozen breakfast and teabags for breakfast rather than go out.

We had a lovely time in Annapolis. We were celebrating our anniversary.
    • Non-Smoking - King Room

The room was moldy and smelly. I had to buy gel Air Fresheners and Charcoal Dehumidifiers to mask the smell of mold and cleanse the air that was stagnant and moldy smelling. We had a good time though and the staff was very nice. No amenities were given; only two very small bars of facial soap, nothing else. Despite the minor setback at the hotel, we were determined to have a good time celebrating our anniversary.

One of the cheapest overnight stays in Annapolis, and for...
    • King Room - Smoking

One of the cheapest overnight stays in Annapolis, and for that it was ok. Clean bed and towels! Most important. A bit worn, not the big comfort, but this will do when only there to sleep!

What we need at the price we want!
    • King Room - Smoking

For a king size bed we had travel pillows. We asked for more and they promptly gave them to us. Also the tub could have been cleaner. Looks like hard water stains.

I enjoyed the peace and quiet. Service was friendly and I did not encounter any problems. Basic hotel room and was well rested when we were there. This Inn is very close to everything. Bed was very comfy. We had a great stay. Wi-Fi works well

Clean and quiet
    • Non-Smoking - King Room

This motel is under renovation and the management is making wise decisions in their renovations. No wood surfaces that can be damaged, new secure and expensive locks for the doiors. Nice bathroom with hot shower. Nice firm bed. We enjoyed our 3 night stay and will stay again.

The location was great.
    • King Room - Smoking

The room was not inviting. The place was runned down. It seemed like a old building. I guess you get what you paid for. When I went on line it said it was only 1 room left and I paid 90 dollars if I would have waited it would only have been 80.00. It was convenient to where I was visiting and the location was great. I couldn't find anyplace else to stay.

The location was great.

The renovations being made are very nice.
    • Non-Smoking Double Room with Two Double Beds

I have made it clear that I love the place but as it's easy to see the price continues to increase to fast.

The renovations being made are very nice.

Poor

The room smelled like old smelly wood. Shower curtain smelled so bad I went to the corner store and got bleach to disinfect the smell. Room wasn’t cleaned everyday and when it was the carpet wasn’t vacuumed.

Great stay
    • Non-Smoking Double Room with Two Double Beds

Great clean rooms an alot of space. Very clean and well looked after. A comfortable stay. Staff was really friendly and helpful. Good for parking and access to surrounding areas by car

Work Weekend getaway
    • Non-Smoking - King Room

I loved the fact that they have Jacuzzi type tubs, but it was not clean. Hair and soap scum made it unusable. I also like that all the rooms are ground floor because I hate stairs.

Nice big bed, refrigerator and a microwave was very convenient. Nice big area for working on a laptop and even more room with the extendable table underneath.

This is a plain, no frills type of place BUT that’s what we were expecting for the price.
    • King Room - Smoking

The cops do a drive by in the parking lot every so often, so it made me wonder if the location is known for illegal activity.

The bed was huuuuuge and comfy, but i like a firm mattress. Hubby thought it was a little stiff.

Simple but clean motel.
    • King Room - Smoking

Breakfast wasn't good. Only muffins and coffee/tea. Can't go anywhere from the motel by foot.

Simple but clean motel. Good for one night if you are traveling by car.

This property is what it is, a place to sleep
    • Non-Smoking - King Room

Pulled back covers first night and found two head hairs greeting me. New(to them) furnishings being installed however outlets in lamp bases don't work, half of the lights on the headboard are not even wired, toilet seat bolts not tight, toilet not properly bolted to the floor. Called front desk at 6:30 am and requested no service,(don't need people going through my things) Came back to room after working all day and my request was ignored things that had been on the bed were all moved.

Not much to like about the property. You can tell they are trying to make upgrades but the still have a way to go. . Owner nice and pleasant and gave a great dinner recommendation.

I will never stay here again.
    • King Room - Smoking

A couple showed up at 2 a.m. and made a huge racket. When I called the front desk I was told they don't prioritize one customer over another. Maybe if the walls weren't paper thin I wouldn't have heard them. It was gross. The pillows were like rocks. It was not clean. The whole place is a dump. Spend the extra $20 a night to stay anywhere but here.

Annapolis Inn February 20th
    • Non-Smoking Double Room with Two Double Beds

The remote control of the new Vizio TV in the bedrooms with 2 beds and the bathroom is a little bit smaller and the bathtub .

Great as always been my newest and most favorite place to stay in Annapolis MD , and I can't wait to hear from you looking forward to having a good time the next time we have a few days to get away

Awesome N Annapolis
    • Non-Smoking Double Room with Two Double Beds

Nice property for an older property and we seen renovation taking place

It reminded me of the motels my father and I would stay at in the early 80s and I the entire staff are totally awesome

If you like dirty hotel rooms, this is your hotel.
    • King Room - Smoking

Room was very filthy. There were streaks of liquid all over the walls, just like no attempt was made to clean the walls. Bathroom was also filthy. It seems that there is no emphasis on cleanliness at this establishment.

Nothing really. Room was filthy with evidence that this establishment does not put cleaning on their list of priorities.

Terrible. Should not be booked by by anyone in their right mind.
    • Non-Smoking - King Room

Everything. Bugs in a very depressing room. Terrible breakfast of 1 cake. I couldn't wait to get out of this hotel.

Nothing. The room was grotty, there was a cockroach in the bathroom (dead!) on arrival and the next day there was another, so obviously live ones as well.

Good accommodations, great price, good location 10 minutes from the heart of Annapolis.
    • Non-Smoking - King Room

Very clean, comfortable room. No frills, but all that I needed. Staff was very helpful. I got in at about midnight and they helped me find an open pizza place that I could order takeout from.

Overall the room was bigger than I expected it to be however I will not stay here again.
    • Non-Smoking Double Room with Two Double Beds

The bathroom needs repair so that it doesn't squeal when you turn the water on, the heater needs repair so that it doesn't stink when you turn it on or burn dust or smell like a dead rodent.

There is no breakfast on site. It was within a reasonable distance to where I was going.

We didn't spend much time there, so it worked fine for us.
    • Non-Smoking - King Room

The motel was dated. Old but clean. It would've been nice to have a table and chairs to sit at to eat or drink.

The staff was very accommodating......we arrived a day early and they arranged us so we didn't have to move into a different room the next day.

Good value for adequate place to stay.
    • Non-Smoking - King Room

The continental breakfast just included coffee and packaged muffins. When we arrived, the room smelled of stale cigarette smoke although it had a sign saying it was a nonsmoking room. However, the staff came in and sprayed some smoke neutralizer and within a few minutes of that and the air conditioner, it was fine. We were only there 1 night.

The bed was comfortable, shower was good. This isn't a luxury place, but it was good value. We only stayed 1 night, but it was certainly adequate and comfortable.

Excruciatingly Terrible!!
    • Non-Smoking Double Room with Two Double Beds

I specifically made mention that I would arrive late, after the Seafood Festival ended. At about 8pm I received a call from the hotel asking if I was still coming. The outside the room is completely worn down and unkempt. Upon entering the room we noticed a bad smell comming from the bathroom. It smelled of urine. We found out that the toilet gets stopped up, and figured it must overflow. The bathroom had dirt around the floor and hadn't been properly cleaned for a long time. The walls in the room were dirty and stained. The bed covers and sheets were very badly stained, and so was the nasty carpet. We took off the bad covers and covered the sheets with our own sheets we brought and slept with no cover. My 13 year old daughter refused to sleep on the beds or nasty cloth chair. She attempted to slept on the leather work chair all night. The beds were terribly uncomfortable as well. The was the absolute worst hotel I've ever stayed in!

Absolutely Nothin!

You will be wowed by the friendly staff but definitely not by the outdated accommodations.
    • King Room - Smoking

Being a more affordable hotel, you get what you pay for. It is not a modern, updated property but that didn't bother me at all. The room itself needed a little love: could have been a little cleaner, a few insects here and there, and some maintenance things that could be addressed (e.g. small hole in the wall).

For a quick one night stay this place is fine. It's affordable and fairly easy distance from BWI and Annapolis. Staff is VERY friendly. You can tell that they take pride in their property.

Overall stay was okay.
    • Non-Smoking - King Room

Room had a stagnant odor. We requested non smoking but seemed to be given a smoking room.

Nearby store with in a mile to make it convenient. Layout of hotel makes it easy to find your room. Staff is friendly.

Clean except for tub;
    • Non-Smoking Double Room with Two Double Beds

Hard to find even with GPS. There was only cofee and muffin. This property was double the amount that is normally outside of the weekend and I don't think it was worth amount and I paid. Walls so thin I could hear next door conversation. Tub had no bath matte so dangerous to stand when wet and get out of tub.

Clean except for tub; has stains where one stands so didn't look clean.

N/a
    • King Room - Smoking

Very dirty rooms, spiders, hole in walls, broken toilet seat, cigarette holes in bed sheets, marks on walls, cleaning staff bangs on doors and walls in, broken ice machine for a few days, staff didn't seem to really care

N/a

Terrible
    • Non-Smoking Double Room with Two Double Beds

There was cobwebs on the ceiling. the floor had not been vacuum. Found some socks from the last people that had stayed in the Room. the Room had a musty smell. the paint in the bathroom with peeling. Mold around the tub. Hair in the tub and on the shower walls. The floor of the tub was very soft almost to the point I thought it may break on me. Only 2 towels and wash rags in the room. Would never recommend this place to anyone and would never stay again.

When it was time to leave.

minimally adequate

see above

place served thepurpose. Facilities in very poor repair. Their idea of a continental breakfast was pastry in the lobby. No employee mentioned not to have door card come into contact w/ my sell phone--cards were inactivated! And guess what--if you check out earlier than planned--no refunds!

BRING YOUR OWN HAIR DRYER/IRON/SHAMPOO
    • Non-Smoking - King Room

This place was sorta clean, cold AC, kinda what you'd expect from a roadside type hotel, however, there weren't any sort of amenities, such as an ironing board, hair dryer, etc. I bring my own toiletries however I bet most people would expect shampoo/conditioner. The owners were very nice. There were several unsightly shipping containers on site with things falling out of them. Also, the cover photo clearly shows a 3+ story building with the sign in front - that is NOT THE VILLAGE INN, that is the Dermatology office building next door. C'mon guys.

Owners were nice. AC was cold. That was about it.

Gave appearance of a Flea-bag hotel
    • Non-Smoking Double Room with Two Double Beds

Vending machines all were in poor shape, had limited items and would not accept dollar bills. Not just one machine but all the machines I tried to use. Had fair at best TV service, not good picture and limited channels. Place advertised free breakfast, to find out was only a muffin and cup of stale coffee. There was trash or debree, out on curbside by the rooms, made place appear not like a quality motel.

Room was clean

The room was dusty,carpet needed cleaning as well as the...
    • King Room - Smoking

The room was dusty,carpet needed cleaning as well as the bathroom. The spider webs were thick in the ceilings and all over the lamps. The front door underneath you could see the outside and something could crawl in . The furniture needs to be upgraded especially the (TV)

Overall a good value
    • Non-Smoking Double Room with Two Double Beds

Boxes of stuff piled outside of three rooms. Why. Were the rooms new and that stuff went into them ? Curious.

Loved the plaid bedspreads! Very clean! Owner was good about recommending a seafood restaurant. Little store with ice and snacks on premises.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

The Breakfast is served in the front office which is very...
    • Non-Smoking - King Room

The Hotel has an old section and in the back a new section. For 1 night it is OK to sleep there because you walk the day in Annapolis and will be tired but for a longer stay NO..... It is about 5-6 miles to Annapolis and easy to go there....no Restaurant or anything to walk to.....price for this Hotel is too high for what you get......

The Breakfast is served in the front office which is very clustered with paper and consist of 2 chairs and a table...very small and not very inviting. I asked what the breakfast consists of and she said Coffee and some sweets.....no eggs, bread, or anything like that. We left early in the morning and did not get breakfast because it is served from 7-11.....

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Do not stay here.
    • Non-Smoking Double Room with Two Double Beds

Sorry. See above. The room window looked out on a busy Rt 50. the bathroom door stuck and I had to really plush it hard to get in. Clean towels but no toiletries or a hair dryer. I was in such a hurry to leave,I was unable to take any photos.

Nothing. While It was acceptably clean, it was gloomy and for some reason the cold water did not work and I have very sore feetadd also I was got and sweaty. I tried to take a, shower but it was very painful. I called the front desk but he said he had had a'full house' recently with no complaints. There is a no cancellation policy which I, knew but my husband had emergency surgery and I was desperate and went for a less expensive motel. The traffic getting there was horrendous so I checked out and slept on the uncomfortable sofa in the hospital room. I need to file an claim with my credit card in order to get my money back possibly.

They advertising BREAKFAST , but really coffee and mini...
    • Non-Smoking - King Room

Noise from other room every few minutes like something fouling on the floor or slamming the door but no one occupied this room

They advertising BREAKFAST , but really coffee and mini muffin. ?

Stay Away from the Village Inn!!!!
    • Non-Smoking - King Room

Room was filthy. Room & bathroom had bugs. Continental Breakfast was just coffee & a muffin. Terrible location for the hotel since it is a 15 minute drive to downtown Annapolis, MD.

Cheap price for a weekend room in Annapolis, MD.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

This place is a dump.
    • Non-Smoking Double Room with Two Double Beds

Very unkept and outdated. The room was dark and dank. Horrible old TV and no wifi. Bathroom floor had an unfinished 1/2 inch gap between it and the base of the wall. Also bathroom incredibly small. Non-smoking room smelled of smoke.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

Motel not hotel in Annapolis
    • Non-Smoking - King Room

It is also a short stay motel. More of a motel than hotel. Rooms are very old n need upgrading. One bar of soap in the bathroom no shampoo or conditioner. Tv are old 27 inch

Value for the money and the staff was very friendly

Never again

Dirty, no breakfast as promised.

Dirty, cockroaches, holes in the bed. Disgusting. Will never return. I will be putting all the pics on other social sites. Worst hotel we've ever stayed in.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

A walk back in time!
    • King Room - Smoking

Could/should have been cleaner. No hangers in the open closet.

A Motel right out of the 50's. I stayed there as they offered "Smoking" rooms. A little worn but good shower, comfortable bed, large room. The remoteness and old world feel appealed to me. no pretense, I left my door open and felt comfortable and safe. The owners are genuinely trying to please their guests.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

They Steal and Copy my Credit card after 2 days, My credit card used in the same area.
    • Non-Smoking - King Room

the girl who work at reception take your credit card and copy with a machine. I mostly dont use my credit card in USA. But I saved my card booking.com, and at check in the girl want to see my card, I showed her and she got a copy of my card with a machine. When she was aware of that I saw her, I asked her what she is doing. She said they will just take for secure purpose, and get rid of as soon as possible. It's a big lie, they are robber and they use your cards after you stay 2 days.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

Will never stay again.
    • Non-Smoking - King Room

No plug in tub. Locks not sufficient on door. Blacketvon bed was dirty. Tub/shower dirty- I cleaned before use. Below basic. Says they offer free breakfast: a roll and coffee. Felt like a housing project.

I fo not like anything
    • Non-Smoking Double Room with Two Double Beds

Please do not put including breakfast on your note There was a only muffin and coffee There were not shampoo air dryers and could not get shower

I fo not like anything

• Reviewed: 7 April 2017

It was convenient for where I needed to be.
    • Non-Smoking - King Room

I personally did not like the feel of this hotel. For myself, it was not inviting or cozy. I was so nervous about noises I was hearing outside my room that I had a hard time sleeping.

It was convenient for where I needed to be. It was not dirty.

Great room for the price.
    • Non-Smoking Double Room with Two Double Beds

No coffee maker in the room, and breakfast was only muffins.

This is a budget motel, and as such, met every expectation. There is no good reason for other low ratings. You can't expect to pay this little in and around Annapolis and get a luxury room. Get over it! Okay, having said that, the rooms are large, safe, and clean, the water is hot, the beds are comfortable.

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

Bugs, dirty blankets, dirty room
    • King Room - Smoking

Room was disgusting. The blankets were dirty and had coffee spilled all over them. The baseboards are peeling off, my boyfriend, our daughter and I left with bug bites all over, so I'm assuming this place has bed bugs.

Bed was comfy

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

Do not go
    • Non-Smoking Double Room with Two Double Beds

We got in town late. We went to get towels since we booked a double bed room for 4 adults. Only 2 sets of towels were provided. We went there at 1 and was told no laundry mat or towels available until 6am. He offered to leave them outside the door in a bag since it was pouring down rain.

Nothing. It was terrible

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

Don't stay here, you'll be unhappy
    • Non-Smoking - King Room

The bathroom was gross, the toilet and sink were fine, the shower/tub was stained and discolored, the tiles on the floor didn't reach around the floor. Large gaps showing the cement floor. I couldn't bring myself to step in the shower.Would never recommend this motel.

The bed was comfortable and the sheets were clean. The rug was also clean.

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

Drive past this section 8 establishment as fast as you can
    • King Room - Smoking

Everything I actually looked under the bed for a dead prostitute. The staff were Indian and barely spoke english. No coffee, food etc. I wouldn't put my dog up in that place!

That I wasn't robbed or killed

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

Very disappointing that there was no breakfast as promised.
    • Non-Smoking - King Room

In the morning, we walked down to the breakfast area only to find that there was NO breakfast. We had reserved our room with the clear understanding, in print, that breakfast was included. No refund was offered but said they would "speak to the manager"! This wound up costing us another $20 and wasting extra time finding a place that served breakfast. The first one we found was 40 miles away! I feel that we had a contract and they did not live up to the agreement.

Ice was readily available

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

Although apprehensive about our stay, good value for the money.
    • Non-Smoking - King Room

The floor of the bathtub didn't look clean so we used a towel to put dowm in the tub.

The room was clean and the bed comfortable. There were also clean towels and washcloths in the bathroom.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Location was good but other than that did not enjoy stay.
    • Non-Smoking Double Room with Two Double Beds

Breakfast was just coffee and muffins; we thought it would be more. Room needed definite upgrades//furniture old. Blood spot on sheet. Loud music next door until after midnight. When I told staff not much response.

I did like the location and that was about it. Staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Not worth it
    • King Room - Smoking

The room smelled and looked disgusting! I got a new room thru the booking.com website but when I went to the front office to get my key they said that they didn't have any left even though the website had plenty.

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

Horrible
    • Non-Smoking - King Room

The fact I had to sleep in my car all night because I had bed bugs in my bed call front desk he said there were no more rooms available and that I couldn't get my money back until 930 am when manager came in so conveniently he had a family emergency and didn't come in they took my info for him to call me he never did so I called him and again so conveniently he had emergency and won't be back in town until end of December I just don't believe that it was poor business and something will be done I'm going to email him and give him 24 hours before I have news involved with the pictures of my bites from the bed bugs and the bugs in the bed with the hotel name no one should have to go through this much for the return of there money when it was clearly the hotel fault and no one showed concern just constantly giving me the run around and I'm fearious about it

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

The place was good over all bathroom clean, needs a luggage rack for the room.
    • Non-Smoking - King Room

A Q-tip was behind chair ewwwww

The guys at the front desk were very helpful.The grounds were spotless.The room is dated but mostly clean. Quietest room I have ever stayed in (we slept till 10am ).

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

That we were able to park the car right outside the door
    • King Room - Smoking

Stuff in the hotel was missing/broken. Dingy and dirty looking. Gave off a Bates Motel creepy vibe

That we were able to park the car right outside the door

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

Worst place EVER
    • King Room - Smoking

The hotel room smelled of Marijuana, there was a bug in the room, the bathroom looked like someone had been massacred in the tub. Lots of illegal drug activity as well as prostitution.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

We were lucky to get the room for the price we paid. Good value!
    • Non-Smoking - King Room

Breakfast was minimal, coffee not great. It would have been nice to have had coffee in our room. We'd stay there again, but would bring our own coffee and coffeemaker.

The room was spacious, lighting good, everything clean. Bath towels were great! The location was awkward but excellent for where we wanted to go.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

A fair value; a clean room with no extras, at a good price.
    • Non-Smoking - King Room

It looks from the outside to be a scary roadside motel, but it is not. Microwave was very small, and TV was older and static-y.

The room was clean, linens clean, hot shower. enough outlets for your gadgets. Despite being close to the highway, very little road noise. Not crowded and no strange persons hanging about. Very close to USNA.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Clean and quiet
    • Non-Smoking Double Room with Two Double Beds

When I arrived at 9pm the employee was behind a locked door and we made our transaction through a small window. The presentation made me feel it was unsafe to stay at this motel. The employee assured me it was safe to stay. It was very quiet, but I never felt totally safe. I will spend the extra money for a nicer place where there are more people next time.

This is a bare bones place, but is good value for the money.
    • Non-Smoking - King Room

This is a bare bones place, but is good value for the money. It's right off the expressway, but is quiet.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Friendly staff. Comfortable room. Breakfast was ok.
    • Non-Smoking - King Room

The breakfast was better than some but still, not many choices.

The staff was very helpful. All of the staff that we met, were friendly.

2 min

Like the size room quite place

Liezured at its best
    • King Room - Smoking

Room its self is pretty clean

Need cleaner sheets, also bathroom

Smoked out
    • King Room - Smoking

The room was dirty and wreaked of smoke on everything. After 5 minutes of being in the room out clothes smelled.

Close to location

It was ok
    • Non-Smoking Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room was very damp. Took all night to dry it out. Bed was not very comfortable

Needed a shower when I left
    • King Room - Smoking

Smelled like cigarette smoke. White trash

Convenient to concert.

OK
    • King Room - Smoking

Breakfast lacking Faucets loose in shower. Tub slippy with no bath mat

We were pleased
    • Non-Smoking - King Room

We wanted to stay in the area. It is near Route 301 and 50 so there is a lot around the area for eating and shopping

noisy......they do suppy clock/radios, home people hanging around, many "long term" renters; etc.etc
    • Non-Smoking - King Room

Manager was friendly and courteous.

only stayed 1 night

Manager was friendly and courteous. Also, very helpful with dining recommendations.

Check-in and check-out were prompt and hassle-free.

Bed linens not changed.

Check-in and check-out were prompt and hassle-free.

Decent
    • Non-Smoking - King Room

Check in at a window, cold out, unfriendly.

Clean