Reviews of Vagabond Inn Bakersfield North 2 stars

6100 Knudson Drive, Bakersfield, CA 93308, USA

#49 of 54 hotels in Bakersfield

6.2

• Standard Queen Handicapped Smoking

I didn’t like the fact there were homeless around the hotel, made me feel unsafe. I didn’t like the breakfast, it wasn’t enough room for everyone and the tables that weren’t occupied were dirty.

Clean

• Standard Queen Non-Smoking

When I got into the parking lot there were police at the facility. This facility is off the freeway so my expectations were not high to begin with. Then I found out they use the hotel as a halfway house

The staff was nice and accommodating.

• Standard Two Queen Non-Smoking

The bed was very hard and uncomfortable, people were very loud and noisy right outside our room all night.

The staff let us drive the U-haul truck to the back by our room to unload & load the next day, so we could keep the tow car hooked up. They had a large place to park out front. My husband loved the breakfast of biscuits & gravy, something I don't make him.

• Deluxe Two Queen Kitchenette Non-Smoking

Everything. The first room they gave us smell like weed. The second one Was full of roaches, dirty, uncomfortable.

If you like the smell of weed, bathrooms full of roaches and the crappyest continental breakfast, then this is your place. The feeling of having to check your car every 15 minutes to make sure it’s still there.

• Standard Queen Handicapped Non-Smoking

Parking lot and surrounding property has a lot of non-customers walking around pandering and looking inside vehicles. Be sure to lock vehicle. To be expected when next to freeway. Mills cafe is really good.

Housekeeping very polite, front desk polite and professional

• Standard Two Queen Smoking

Housekeeper could have done a better job. Some trash was left between dresser and refrigerator. Beds were poorly made. Guests in rooms next to ours were very loud, fighting, and I never heard security or staff ask them to respect other guests.

Staff was friendly and gladly granted a late checkout.

• Standard Queen Non-Smoking

Location is right on the freeway, so a bit noisy.

Security guard found a safe place to park my large moving truck in view of my room. Waffles and biscuits with gravy for breakfast. Lots of inexpensive dining options within walking distance.

• Standard Queen Non-Smoking

Rude staff, one girl wasn’t even assisting people she would just watch over the other girl. Line was huge & took long to check in.

Best price to compete with other locations near by.

• Standard Queen Smoking

Roaches, no lock on door , dirty, fighting out side my door all night, no internet falsley advertised. ! not enough breakfast for everyone. Only allowed one cup of milk or coffee and only cold cerial that was stale and only allowed one serving. Complete nightmare. Will never stay there again. Thinking about contacting my lawyer and ask for a partial refund because someone walked into my room at 3 am because the lock was missing on the door.

nothiing.

• Standard Queen Non-Smoking

Wi-fi didn't work at our room, only in the lobby.

Typical american road motel - nice bed, air conditioning worked fine, good for one night. Reasonably clean. Big plus for a long availability of breakfast, which was decent.

• Standard King Non-Smoking

Front desk staff treated me like I was a scumbag when I checked in. I had booked a King room for 7 days. When I approached the front desk, I wasn't greeted like a paying guest, didn't even get a hello. Then I was informed that "They do not rent King rooms for 7 days", but that she would do it "Just this once". I informed her not to worry, I won't be coming back! You pay $425 for a room, that should at least net you a hello or perhaps a THANK YOU!

Air conditioner worked great!

• Standard Queen Handicapped Non-Smoking

I didn’t Ike the fact that there many locals hanging around in the back rooms, many druggies and drunks who were banging on doors from one to the other at 4am, security was nowhere to be found. We didn’t feel safe sleeping there but we were very tired and couldn’t make it to our reserved stay for the night another 100 miles away

Location just off the freeway

• Standard Queen Handicapped Smoking

Not being able to bring the contenntal breakfast back to my room,With a small child with possible ADHD it's had enough to get her to eat anything with all the people in And out of an office it was impossible for us to be able to eat and have enjoyed that offers service.

The staff was very accommodating to my circumstance.

• Standard Two Queen Smoking

The roaches, and will not stay there agian

First room had roaches, and then they moved up and then there were police going up and down the stairs and then the security guard said we were not supposed to be in this room. Was giving no reciept for the room.

• Standard Queen Handicapped Non-Smoking

It is really close to the highway and you hear everything. The whole night with the traffic and also your neighbors. If you have the chance, ask for a room as far as possible from the highway.

They serve breakfast from 2 o'clock.

SEE ABOVE NOTE.

The bed was hard. But it is ok. Not like my bed at home. The first night we stayed everything was good. The second time we stayed on Saturday night, we were given a room with roaches, and I asked to have another room. Which we got the same room as on Tuesday night. But we found out that the police where called to the room down from us. Then later, the Security Guard came knocking on our door, said we were not down for this room. Explained to him, about the roaches and we got moved to this room. He wanted to see a receipt, in which was not given to me, at either time. I told him that the lady wrote in the book about this. Didn't heard from him again. I WILL NEVER STAY IN THIS MOTEL AGAIN.

• Standard Queen Smoking

My room was not cleaned properly before I got it, I had to ask for new blankets when I get in because mine were not clean, also had to ask for toilet paper because there wasn’t any in the room.

The bed was comfy

• Standard Queen Non-Smoking

Everyroom I was in it was like unsecure with me being a single female and also the ice machine you have to pay for ice and the price I was suppose to get a deal thru booking and they charge me the same amount for a Saturday 50and then Sunday regular rate like 45 bit they had to me a young lady that's going thru the struggle homeless battery and I left fourty two twenty I was given a room I could not handle everything was broken or not there no microwave they always put me in the back by wierdoa but in a quick flash of an eye. Little repairs and upgrade would do wonder

The security he did his job and there Mexican young clerk rude as who knows what and then she should worry about meeting a man off work expecaiky my man

• Standard Queen Handicapped Smoking

The bed was very hard.I didn't sleep well at all. If they could get softer beds I would rate them higher. Because of the bed I don't know if I will stay again.

The breakfast was very good. Most places provide danishes and cereal but they provided waffles cereal biscuits and gravy coffee cappuccino milk and juice.from 2a.m. To 9 am. Everything was great food was fresh.

• Standard Two Queen Non-Smoking

All three rooms that we got had problems. One of the rooms had bed bugs so some of us had to look for a different hotel to stay at. Another room had a leak from the ceiling, which we later found out that it was due to the upstairs tub overflowing. And the third rooms tub was so clogged that as soon a the water was turned on, the water began to rise.

I liked that there was a Starbucks, Burger King, Taco Bell, and 7 eleven at walking. There were other stores also near by.

• Standard Queen Smoking

Room 175 was awful. Smelled horrible. Bed was broken on one side. The room was infested with cockroaches and the maids come too early.

I like that breakfast is served from 2am to 9am.

• Standard Queen Non-Smoking

Do not accept rooms with "highway view" - rooms are far from soundproof and you "enjoy" noise for the whole night. Heating too noisy, too. Breakfast really basic.

Probably the only advantage is the price.

• Standard Queen Non-Smoking

Beds and linens really old. Very run down property. Exterior dirty. Advertised as 89.00 a night. Sign said 49.00. It was a 49.00 a night room. I wouldn't have stayed if I had know what it was really like. For 89.00 I would expect more.

It was fairly clean in the room.

• Standard Queen Handicapped Non-Smoking

Yuck... two steps below Motel 6. The bedspread was old and outdated from 1975, the sheets were stained, dingy and not fitted, I turned over and was laying on the bare mattress. This place is great if you are a migrant farm worker, a meth head on a dirt bike or just don't want to sleep in your car.

The staff were courteous, and the breakfast was heavy carb laden, they had biscuits with gravy, cereals, drinks and waffles. It was good!

• Standard Queen Smoking

The first place I had to ask for a non smoking room. They were quick to accommodate me and even up grade the room to make up for it.

Security for vehicles

• Standard Queen Smoking

The surrounding area was sketchy, the bathroom was old. The bed was uncomfortable. Had to pay for ice, seriously? Bed was uncomfortable. The remote control didn't work very well.

Friendly staff, the room looked like it had been remodeled

• Standard Queen Handicapped Smoking

The fawset to the shower needed to be replaced looked like it had seen better days.

Easy back on to the freeway, the staff was very nice and friendly. Breakfast was great also!

• Standard Queen Non-Smoking

First room I was given look as if someone had just left the room. All the lights were on, heater was left on high so the room was hot, the tv was broken and it looked like someone had been on the bed and there were roaches!. The office was quick to give me another room, this one was a little better except! For the old mattress that had a hole in it with a spring coming through. Again the front desk gave me another room much better room. Hated all the moving around I had to do to finally get a half descent room. Better have your ticket or your not allowed to have the continental breakfast.

Close to where I needed to be

• Standard Two Queen Smoking

Litterally EVERTHING.. it was all a lie..

The pics on the website we're amazing but the actual pics I sent of my room looked like a crack head motel. Nasty. Loud music blaring at 6am drugs being smoked outside my window. The lady was crazy rude and they refused to give me my money back and madee stay one night and I still had to fight for my money the next morning until she said.. baby please let me show you another room and I said I want the room in the pic and she was rude. I stood in line for 44 mins while she was on her cell and she was hanging up on the hotel phone.she made no eye contact or smiles or anything to say she would be right with us and when I told her I reserved a room with a fridge and microwave she said she can't promise that this early and then the cleaning lady said the 144 was clean while she passed the lady a note saying that there was a man who kept pooping all over the bathroom... Yes. And I am dying and I'm homeless for the first time in my kids life and it's the holidays and this is where I stayed bc of your website and I don't think I should've had to stay the one night. But people don't care. We are all just a number.

• Standard Queen Handicapped Non-Smoking

You cant fix simi a lil loud but not tour fault. Give your stafe a small raise or end of summer bounis your lucky tohave thwm

Ive paid $200.at larger chain motels and they didnt come close this hotel.Breakfast started at 2am on a Tue.Biscuits and country gravey pluss all the other standard foods. This hotel should get 15 out of 10

• Standard Queen Smoking

The room was dirty, in poor repair, found a roach on the wall. There were druggies hanging out on the south side of property, where I was staying, one approached my car for Money, so I was stuck in my car until I was able to get a hold of the front desk to send security. The other side had the police over all the time. Bed was hard and bedding were not soft, pretty rough actually.

Most of the staff was amazing, one was very short and seemed to be angry all the time, though she was helpful. Room was spacious, especially the bathroom. They had breakfast every morning, though very meager pickings. The orange juice was of the powder variety, a shock to my taste buds when I tried it. 😝 Bread was always fresh, as was the milk. I wish they had some sort of protein, but it is what it is for free breakfast. Parking lot was very well lite up, good for safety when coming in super late at night.

• Standard Queen Non-Smoking

Workers have an ugly attitude including manager

The person working the front desk double booked my room and strangers walked in on me and my children while we were in the room, staff called my room and said "my bad", no Curtis was shown at all, all workers have attitudes and they have favoritism towards certain customers

• Standard Queen Smoking

The restroom sink leaked water all the room ruin my luggage.

The room had a bad odor, broken ,leaking water pipe in the restroom...I would never book here again.

• Standard Queen Non-Smoking

Clean the bed more.. itched all night. Bed had mites! From either a pet or mice.. terrible night sleep. Terrible location..tweekers everywhere.

Breakfast was ok..

• Standard Queen Non-Smoking

Too much noise from the highway all the night and especially in the morning the place was very noisy. The breakfast was very simple and not good.

Cheap with comfy bed. Parking lot was near to our room.

• Standard Queen Handicapped Smoking

I didn't like really anything. Drug dealers, prostitutes and filthy and mean staff. Kudos to security at least they were very nice.

There were no eggs.....the rooms were now infested with cockroaches. The staff are miserable anare the same time. I d the same time. I am a beautiful person. I am a beautiful person. I am the hotel is full of homeless peoplewho are you a lot of people who are you a lot of people who , prostitutes and truck drivers.

• Standard Queen Handicapped Smoking

I asked for non smoking room I have never smoked in my life and the room was saturated with the smell of cigaretts that it was so hard to sleep I had my own blanket so I wrapped my face with it tough night please make sure if people ask for not smoking they get that or at least put some airfreshener

I liked the it was easy parking and easy access

I wasn't expecting too much from a 2 star but that was seriously horrible. Fine with the old room and forniture, but the sheets had cigarette burns and were dirty with hair on them. It is not safe st all, we were told not to use the laundry as our things may be stolen. Breakfast was included so we joined but left after 2 minutes as everything was dirty and we didn't feel safe for the people that were there Even if you are stopping for just one night do not do the same mistake! Stay safe and clean and go somewhere else!

• Standard Queen Non-Smoking

Desk staff shouldn't smoke outside the office and be more welcoming. Get rid of broken equipment around walkways.

Breakfast was fresh waffles, biscuits and gravy, cereal, oj and coffee from 2am-9am😀 Off the freeway but a/c squelched the noise. Sink and bathroom dated and old but other part of room was nice. Building needs cleanup and update, but good value for the cost. Would use again.

The freeway

Definitely got my money's worth. The room was great. Free WiFi and continental breakfast. The front desk clerk Chrissy, was very sweet and helpful. The housekeeper was awesome as well.

• Standard Queen Handicapped Non-Smoking

I had an overall good experience while I stayed at Vagabond. I was greeted by Kristi and she was very polite and helpful. The room was clean and got cool very quickly. Also they have security that walks the property all night. Breakfast was simple but good.

• Standard Two Queen Smoking

The fact that the front office person woke us up saying we were making a lot of noise and tried to move us to a different room. Then housekeeping keep knocking on our door 2 times while kids were napping

Not much

• Standard Queen Handicapped Non-Smoking

Too many things ! It was filthy ! Smelled disgusting , looks like it isn't ever cleaned . Sheets were dirty asked for new ones and they were just handed to us like ummm ok . Knocking all night to the room next door.(looked like they were dealing drugs ). Was thankful to get up in the morning and take off, was picking all my things up when somehow from under the bed I kicked out a syringe!!! Thank god it was closed ! Thankful to god! This is hands down the worst place ever ! Plz don't stay here ! We were totally lied to ! Never again ! Booking do us all a favor and don't advertise for them! I do not know how they are still in business !!

Nothing !! IT WAS OVERALL HORRIBLE EXPIERENCE!

• Standard Queen Smoking

As soon as I walked in I was greeted by a smiling desk clerk named Kristy. She found my reservation and had me checked in quickly. I was impressed with my room as well. With all the amenities...free WiFi, continental breakfast, the pool and near by reastraunts...my money was well spent. I will definitely stay here on my next trip to Bakersfield.

• Standard Queen Non-Smoking

Dirty, staff was rude, bad area other guests were sketchy and scary. Killed a bed bug, Roach, and 2 spiders during my weekend stay. I'm disabled and requested downstairs in advance, they gave me upstairs, had problems from point of check in with broken sink n shower, flickering lights and TV. Went through 5 keycards that kept not working, upon checking out, was locked out, had maintenance open a window made my son crawl through to finish getting our stuff. Was yelled at by main MOD while nursing my 6 month old. Due to an emergency with my ride, I asked for a bit more time to check out, was then yelled at and made to sit out in the heat with my 6m old baby ended up needing a breathing treatment due to bad air quality and stress.

Local

• Standard Two Queen Non-Smoking

Very comfortable and clean room. Staff very helpful and friendly. Enough options you can walk to in the evening. Nice breakfast. Great mid point location for an overnight stay if travelling from San Francisco to Las Vegas.

• Standard Queen Handicapped Non-Smoking

See above - typed into wrong box and I am NOT redoing this revue...

No eggs at breakfast. Bed was not comfortable. For some unknown reason, I was placed in handicapped accessible room 131...did NOT request it and did not like it. All kinds of drama with hotel occupants/woman died in her room and all kinds of people in and out of it. Hotel mgmt running them out. Drama city. No clock in room. Poorly lit. Bathroom sink dirty. Will never ever stay there again...

• Standard Two Queen Smoking

Not that the Hotel can do much about it, But it is located in a rougher part of town. I feared for my family's safety a bit. The parking lot was well lighted thankfully.

The room was very clean and the Beds were nice and comfortable. The front desk was very accommodating.

• Standard Two Queen Non-Smoking

It was obvious that there were some lower income people who lived onsite that may or may not have been intoxicated or high. They had many people coming and going and they made us feel incomfortable while doing laundry. They just never shut their room door and would stand around staring at people. The laundry area was very dirty and needed a good cleaning. Had to pay for ice at the ice machine which we thought was strange. At breakfast (which is in the small lobby) a homeless man ate breakfast and then attempted to get a key into someones room. The staff and him got into an argument because he couldnt produce an ID and he started to swear and got kicked out. My kids thought that was interesting to watch. Room was small, the furniture was way too big for the room so it was a tight fit for our fam.

Easy access off freeway. Security gaurd walks around all nite to keep people away from your car. Our 17, 14 and 11 yr old kids swam in the outdoor smaller pool onsite while we used onsite washer and dryer (which was also outside so we could see kids). Breakfast in the morning was enough to get us on the road to our destination which was a couple hours away and we could have a sit down meal. Waffle maker is always a hit with our kids.

• Standard Queen Handicapped Non-Smoking

It was sort of poorish and I couldn't get the shower to work.

It was a place to sleep for that night. There was a restaurant right across the parking lot from the motel.

• Standard Two Queen Non-Smoking

Terriable customer service. Dirty ice makers with mold in them. Better be careful with the hot water in the showers ! They then hot on there own. No microwave in room, even when page advertised it, we got out into a room where housekeeping didn't finish cleaning the room, there was cleaning stuff all over the shower, we traveled with two small children and microwave was needed but our room didn't have one! Breakfast hours are from 2am-9am, not family friendly

Gas station and freeway near by.

• Standard King Non-Smoking

Took 20 minutes to check in! 2 people working front desk but one was to busy counting the drawer. Breakfast had no fruit. Out of juice and biscuits but clerk was to busy counting her drawer to restock items!

Everything was great

The desk clerk was super helpful and very sweet. She answered all my questions and made me feel very welcomed. Her name was Christy. I will definitely stay here again!!!

• Standard Two Queen Smoking

Office staff not very service friendly when communicating to any/all patrons checking in or out and pool was locked on several days and weather was over 100° for our entire stay!!!

The kitchenette was really great bcuz we had our grandchildren with us and the beds were very comfortable too!!!

• Standard Queen Non-Smoking

I was visiting my boyfriends family, we choose to stay here because of his brother and his girlfriend we going to stay here. This was a motel off the side of the freeway, so they had a lot of truckers. It looked liked some people were living at this motel. When we got to out room, it smelled so bad that i was glad that I left my 2 year old behind with some family while i check in. the room was small, even though i paid for a king size bed. we were booked for 4 night but to make a long story short we checked out the next day but regretted the whole stay....

the price

• Standard Two Queen Non-Smoking

Everything the picture do to much justice for this property not a place to take your children rather spend a little extra money than ever go there again

• Standard Two Queen Non-Smoking

I did not like that it wasn't that clean. The bathroom was nasty I didn't want to shower or even go to the bathroom in there. The bed was super hard; it felt like the floor with a couple blankets. Even though your check out is at 11am and you can ask for a later time (12:30pm) housekeeping will come around 9am and knock nonstop until you answer then apologize and say she'll come back around 11am. Even though my check out was 12:30pm I wanted to leave before then because I did not feel wanted.

I liked the price of the room and the AC was pretty good.

• Standard Queen Non-Smoking

lots of homeless around. Room was close to highway, a lot of noise at night. noisey guests and creepy people lurking around.

Was close to where i needed to be, and had great resturaunts near by. Easy on a d off of Highway 99.

• Standard Queen Handicapped Non-Smoking

The ice machines aren't free.

We had a problem with the AC and when we went and told the front desk they immediately moved us to a nicer room for no extra charge.

• Standard Two Queen Smoking

The closest ice machine was out of ice and it was a quarter for a bucket of ice

We arrived very late and the front desk lady was very nice a welcoming.

Smoky smell in one of our rooms. Sheets were crumpled but clean

Good value for money. Air conditioning was difficult to calibrate but otherwise it was fair.

• Standard Two Queen Smoking

Housekeeping knock on the door early wanted know if wanted service even though the door was secured

Morning breakfast excellent biscuits and gravy good arrived at 1:00in morning no problem lady wa nice politely

The guy checking in before us got a filthy room that had not been cleaned yet, Which made us concerned about the cleanliness of our own room . The staff had continual small talk behind the desk about other guests. The parking lot was constantly filled with suspicious folk, and we were concerned of a break in to our vehicle most of the night. Breakfast was minimal, and nonexistent for those of us with food allergies.

The bed was soft

• Standard King Non-Smoking

Manager is extremely rude, horrible customer service.. Not satisfied at all.. They need yo get rid of her definitely, and place might be OK.. Was very offended as a customer..

Breakfast was good..

• Standard Queen Non-Smoking

We got a room at the back end of the hotel which was extremely noisy due to the highway. "Fortunately", when we turned on the air conditioner, it was even louder so it was not the traffic disturbing us. Quite bad faces in the motel yard, be sure to close the door securely and not go out until the morning!!!

At least we had a bed for that night. Lots of fast food restaurants near the motel.

• Standard Two Queen Non-Smoking

The water pressure was null, no matter what time it was. Also during my shower one day, maintenance shut the water off. No notification was given or apoligies for that matter. I was left with a soaped up body and conditioner in my hair for thirty minutes!

That breakfast was from 2am to 9am daily.

• Standard Queen Handicapped Non-Smoking

Room smell, breakfast was awful, staff unfair.

Breakfast was gross. Cereal was stale, and overall breakfast setup was messy. No one was cleaning up. Staff took forever to check me in. Gave person in front of me a discount for waiting in line but we waited the same time.

• Standard Two Queen Smoking

There was garbage stuck to the pillow cases the shower knob was broke and scalded two people in my group, everyone on the property smoked including the desk clerk and security guard. the grounds were dirty and had cigarette buts thrown all over the driveway was full of pot holes. The free breakfast was some burned bisquits and stale cereal.

• Standard Queen Handicapped Non-Smoking

the blanket had holes in it, apparently burned thru by cigarettes. the toilet took several times to flush. the continental breakfast had no fruits, only waffles, cereal, and a variety of coffees.

Nice staff, big flatscreen TV, great pressure in the shower, fridge and microwave in the room.

• Standard Two Queen Non-Smoking

We were there to take refuge from the sweltering heat of the afternoon - 104 degrees - and stayed until 4 a.m. We love the room - spacious and comfortable beds. Pool was awesome! Made a few friends while swimming.

• Standard Queen Non-Smoking

We could not open the first room we got (lock jammed). In the second one the air conditioning was so dirty we did not dare to turn it on - with 28 degrees Celsius outside and motorway 50 metres away we had an almost sleepless night and were happy to leave.

Free parking and breakfast (since 2am).

• Standard Two Queen Smoking

The room furniture was not even descent, the bed covers looked worn and old, the towels weren't even soft; more scratchy to the skin. And last thing to top it off was to see roaches.

It was a one night stay, but I will not stay at a Vagabond Inn, again.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

• Standard Queen Non-Smoking

Bed wasn't the comfiest but for one night stop over it's fine.

Great location and value for money. Clean and spacious room with coffee maker and fridge facilities. Breakfast also included had a range of options and staff very friendly.

• Standard Queen Handicapped Non-Smoking

Room was dirty and very dingy looking. It was supposedly non smoking but absolutely reeked off cigarettes there were even singe marks on the desk. spiderwebs in every corner. the white sheets were stained and disgusting. I went to walmart and bought disinfectant, airfreshener, and my own sheet and blanket to toss over the bed so that I could even feel vaguely comfortable staying in the room. The door had a one and a half to two inch gap under it letting in tons of light, sounds, smells, and a few bugs. The door didn't lock right away when you walked out of it( which I found out the day I was checking out). My do not disturb sign was stolen off my door handle. There were cracks and chips in the baseboards. The tub had some sort of a patch in the bottom. The chair provided was incredibly stained, I couldn't bring myself to sit in it.

There was a mini fridge and microwave as advertised. Breakfast wasn't bad, biscuits and gravy, waffles, cherrios, rasain bran coffee and orange juice. Available from 2am to 9am. Staff was mostly polite and nice. AC worked great.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

• Standard Queen Handicapped Non-Smoking

The location was bad; people were fighting next door and asking to do drug deals. There needs to be more security guards. It was a non smoking room but it smelled like smoke. There was no microwave, when they said there would be one. The fridge didn't get very cold. The AC was humid. The wifi cut out half way through my stay there. The wifi was outdated, so I couldn't link my devices to it.

Browse Vagabond Inn Bakersfield North traveller photo gallery