Reviews of University Inn 2 stars

5.2

4.5

6.2

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Dirty towels folded on th shelf. Flying insects everywhere, dirty floors and drapes. Open electrical wires in the extremely loud bathroom fan. Food on the floor from prior customers.

I think University Inn used to be the local Motel 6. Good location and pricing for a weekend stay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The bathroom sink appeared to have a leak; when entering the bathroom in the morning there was water on the floor surrounding the sink area. I notified management and they said that they would contact maintenance to check it out.

The location was ideal for my time in Chico. Walkable to downtown and the University. The front desk manager was very friendly and welcoming.

Stay Away From University Inn, Chico, California

Above-Stated.

Bedbug's, Manager was very rude, disredpectful. The University Inn, Chic,California Requires $ 100.00 Dollar deposit, per night, plus nightly rate's, they DO NOT State this anywhere on booking.com

Wouldn’t stay here again

It was very grimy, dirty, and seemed to have some “residents.” The carpet was stained, the walls had funky streaks of “touch up paint” and our “non smoking room” reiked of cigarettes. The property has signes stating it is all non smoking... however the people who appeared to be “residents” were smoking right outside their rooms where they hung out in plastic lawn chairs. The bathroom was gross. The fan that should circulate air in the bathroom needs to be replaced or at least, cleaned. It had so much dust spread over the walls and mirror in the bathroom ... and the baseboard by the bathroom was rotting off the wall. The sink also had issues draining water. I often stay in hotels where I can pay less than $100, I’m never expecting perfection. I can understand scratchy sheets and towels, funky smells and strange people outside. But this did not meet my expectations in value.

The bed was surprisingly comfortable.

Stay Away From University Inn-Chico, Ca.

Bed Bug's at the Property. University Inn, use's booking.com, to Aquire an $ 100.00 Dollar Deposit on the room's, Each Night, plus the room rate , Intentionally, NOT STATING THIS IN THE BOOKING.COM'S WEBSITE FOR THIER PROPERTY. The management was Rude, Dis-courteous, disrespectful. Don't Go There.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

We clucked like chickens with the tweaker neighbor next door in the a.m. lol. Interesting stay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The tv wouldn't work, handle popped off the shower faucet, sink was hard to turn on, creeps n tweaks all around. Not great but could be worse.

The girl at the front desk was awesome! Room was pretty clean and the beds were comfortable.

It will probably be better after the reno 😟

The floor was slightly sticky and super dirty! Our feet were actally black just walking from the shower to the chair to put on shoes. The bathroom sink drained so slowly it filled up with dirty water everytime we washed up or brushed our teeth. The pool was didnt seem to be filtered... Just standing water with chlorine in it. It had a slimy feel and was gross. The hairdriers dont work and the refrigerator dripped water and made the carpet around it damp! Continental breakfast consists of instant oatmeal, top ramen and cheap packaged danish. There were some good oranges.

We liked Alora! She works there and she was so kind and professional. She moved us to a different room and discounted our stay by 20 dollars. We couldnt change motels because it was a holiday weekend. She was so gracious even tho there was sooo much wrong with the place.

Cheap dirty motel that overcharges your card

Didn't tell me pool was broke and it was 104° that day, also said room had large jacuzzi tub, it did not, tv was a dinosaur u had to use 2 different remotes for, think they got it off craigslist for free

Location that's it, motel is junk, they overcharged my card, took well over a week to fix, and was never compensated

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

It was close to the university.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The pool was down.the air conditioning unit was to close to the bed.the outlet in the bathroom didn't work.only have of the rooms were available.

It was close to the university.

Great location. Needs updating.

This place is pretty run down inside the rooms. It appears that it's been a very long time since it's been remodeled.

Some of tools are undergoing renovations and the manager told they were all going to be redone. The management was great and the location is probably the best of anywhere you can stay in Chico being a very short walk right to the campus and downtown area.

Worst motel in Chico California

Our overall stay was very bad the staff was rude inconsiderate and racist. Said that he would take my whole country over. No hot water in the motel room. No ice at the facility I do not advise this place to anyone not even a dog

There was nothing about this place that I like it all sucked period and at checkout time the manager threatened me

Bad Gross Horrible and creepy.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

They told me I couldn't talk to other guest,as well as my son got nose bleeds from mold my room flooded with all my cloths I didn't get my deposit back they call my room at 1am to ask if i have a black guy in my room.went 3day without a.c. just a fan.cuo of noodles for breakfast.and I watched then sell bed bug rooms to guest when they didn't have other rooms..cheap yes housekeepers great. They have 5 different families staying in rooms Pool dirty with foam no circulating water at all ....Run....spend your money were people appreciate it at.

Housekeepers are very friendly

The furniture and decor was very nice, it had nice flat...

The breakfast was very poor. The carpet was not vacuumed, I found toe nail clippings all over and food crumbs. The toilet had a ring around it. And the floor in bathroom needed to be mopped more carefully (hair). I hope this was an isolated incidence because the price is good with plenty of parking.

The furniture and decor was very nice, it had nice flat screen and great block out sun light curtains! The hotel is close to stores/Resturants. Good calm area.

The hotel staff were awesome as when we arrived booking.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The property could do with a little upgrading but great location.

The hotel staff were awesome as when we arrived booking.com had cancelled our reservation without any notification it was graduation weekend but they went out of their way to get us a room. They gave us a complimentary basket to recognize us as parents of a graduate. Thank you

Never again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Location was perfect. Right in the center of town.

My family needed a place to sleep during a graduation weekend in Chico. Even though I booked two rooms months in advance I was still gouged terribly. What should have been $60 was $280 each room.

Bad experience

The staff blamed us for trash cans missing and a head board that was already broken in room 115 , blood on the walls toilet was missing lid, writing on TV stand and a bed bug in the mattress , that was all done before we checked in by previous guests , that isn't fair to us that they blamed us for something we didn't do and now in order to rent from them again they want a non refundable 200 deposit I reported them already to booking. Com and action news

Completely over priced and facilities in poor condition
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room in extremely poor condition. Many items in bathroom broken and towels are small and paper thin. Absolutely no counter space and only one mirror in room.

Location and welcome gift

Filthy, smelly, it would have been better to sleep in my car.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Building had a tarp over one end of the roof. Funky smell. Nasty. I wouldn't send anyone there! There was trick to get the door open!

It was a place to rest on my trip.

Nice staff, sagging beds, great location.

Yikes the beds sag in both the room I stayed in and that of a friend. Didn’t sleep well.

We got a room there on a busy week end. Very friendly staff at front desk, helpful. Fresh fruit and pastries.

The location was great for what we went for.

Didnt like much. The room was absolutely filthy, baseboard falling off, dead bugs on floor, dirty handprints on doors,smelled horrible, and the list goes on..

The location was great for what we went for.

There where holes in the wall, covered by cardboard that went into another unknown room!...peep hole looking out side had toilet paper in to keep people from looking in...disgustingly filthy..would never recommend this place and for 110$ that was crazy...breakfast consisted of cold cereal and Luke warm milk, and apples and oranges. This place has so many code violations it should be shut down

Disgusting
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room was filthy, no tiwels, no toilet paper, no coffee. Could not use fan in bathroom. I have never stayed in a place as disgusting as this one was. Would have checked out if we could have stayed somewhere else. However all hotels were already booked. Will NEVER stay there again

Did not like anything. The room was so dirty.

You get what you pay for
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Not clean, did not take my socks off since I was afraid of what could be on the floor. Dirty walls, cockroaches, possible blood stains, and uncomfortable bed/ pillows. You definitely get what you paid for.

Easy access to Downtown Chico. The TV was also very nice considering how not nice the rest of the room is. Bed was clean and shower was too, we checked since the rest of the room wasn’t. CHEAP!

Unpleasant evening at the university inn chico ca.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

They gave us the worst room they had on the property because we couldnt afford the 100 deposit even after i told the front desk clerk i had been driving for hours and just wanted to sleep thats when the manager or owner stepped in and said he would take care of me and they really took care of me by giving me the worst room on the property. Very unpleasant evening. I would never recomend this place to anyone.

Somewhere to sleep for the night, that’s it left early morning
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room smelled like cigarettes, shower was very dirty, towels smelled, there was even cigarette burns on the blankets. Bathroom was dirty and had a hole in the ceiling, not worth the money, should of stayed somewhere else.didnt even take a shower, it was that bad wish I I could score a 0!

Nothing, it was a little better than sleeping outside

I won’t be staying here again.

The room smells like urine. There was gross garbage (used feminine products) in the trash in the bathroom that makes me believe that they don’t clean very well. The toilet ran all night. I booked a room with a king size bed and got a room that had two small doubles.

Not what I expected shocked. By. The help Amy was helpful to book the room

Hooker in room next to me had people banging on door all night people jump up and down above my head. Room had mold in shower an shower flood floor Rug was old. Breakfast was not what I expected front desk attendant was dressed like a bumb pants hanging below his ass pick up his pants and keep filling bengals with his bair hands no gloves whe touching food

Bed ok pillows soft

It is not a good place to stay, except for the location.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

It is dirty, minimal cleaning daily. Heater didn’t work. Shower curtain was too short and hung outside of tub,so water went onto floor. One bed had serious low spots. Ceiling showed water stains, and drywall was nailed up to hide the fact. This place is seriously dirty and unloved.

Location, location, location.

It's ok to stay for one night if you're out getting you party on.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Toilet constantly ran, bathroom fan was unacceptable and had to be plugged in while standing on the toilet. The toilet seat itself was missing a bolt, so it was dangerous. could use fresh paint on walls, and clean the stained tub and shower.

It's nice it's in the middle of town square and close to night life action

Close to Downtown Chico

Rooms were outdated and need repairs. Bathroom was had a bud infestation. Toilet tank wouldn't seal properly so the toilet made continual noise to the point I personally had to shut the supply line off to the toilet. Room smelled of smoke (reserved a non smoking room). Facility was dirty, with cigarette butts all over. I would not recommend staying here.

Close to Downtown Chico

Sad place
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

10 minutes wait to get a person to check in, non smoking room smelled like a fully smoking one, holes, cracks and bare wires in the room, breakfast was gone 15 minutes before the end time.

We were. Very. Fustrated but made the best of our events in town.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Made month in advance reservations,no room available or Knowledge of reservation saved email, and Had roaches in room had to wait a day for new room and we are deaf so communication hard.

Location of hotel

I would not choose to stay there again. I felt like the on-line photo of the room was deceiving
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The bathroom had many flaws, such as the door didn't close all the way. The flooring was old and in bad shape. The shower curtain was not an adequate length. Therefore, it was difficult to not allow water to spill on the floor. The mirror in the bathroom was in poor condition. Overall the bathroom needed a major overhaul.

The air conditioner seem to work efficiently. Bed linens were clean and comfortable. Was not bothered by outside noises.

6.0
    Cheap, convenient, and comfy, but really rough around the edges.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Property was showing major signs of wear and inadequate maintenance - for example, paint splatters on the bathroom mirror, signs of a leaky roof, etc. Ice machine was broken. Motel is supposedly non-smoking, but guests smoked just outside their doors and cigarette butts littered the stairs. And our card keys quit working after only 1 night when we'd booked 2.

Excellent location, easy walking distance from downtown, restaurants and cafes very close. Bed was very comfortable.

My car would of been more comfortable

That I even paid for this.

Not offered breakfast wouldn't of touched it if it was offered. They couldn't make change from $100 for room nor 4 quarters from a dollar for coke machine that doesn't except dollar bills Second floor guests playing loud music from car stereo in parking lot below their room

Fun in downtown Chico CA

Traffic was heavy.

The central location made seeing the city easy-going. A wide variety of businesses made shopping easier. The park was close as was the campus, wonderful sites to see.traffic

Stay in your car, avoid this dump, pee in the woods and shower at a YMCA

Shorter list would be easier, location was the ONLY decent thing this dump had going for it.Stay in your

Weak at best, should've stayed in my car and save the wasted money I spent on this dump. Never ever will I stay here again. Like I said, my car would've been a better option for three days.

Don't expect to use pool. Call first.

Pool has obviously not been open for a long time. Closet but no pole!? Bath fan cover off and unplugged. quite dirty/poor maintenance.

Not a good experience. But, we knew we were lucky to get a room at all, as we did not plan ahead.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Carpet was filthy. Oblong toilet had a round toilet seat! Veneer was pealing off of the bathroom door. Whole in the carpet by the bathroom. The whole thing was rather comical actually. The room just needed a LOT of tender loving care!

Listed as a two-star. That was generous.

Price

Location downtown, a lot of young adults coming and going. Bathroom door falling off hinges. Toilet paper holder broken. TP on counter. Breakfast not great. Sweet rolls in one package NOT individually wrapped so others touching other rolls while trying to peel up one for themselves, yuck.

Price

Decent for what you pay

I'm 6'2", and the height of the shower was at my chin and there was no soap dish. Not a huge deal, but annoying nonetheless. The toilet looked like it was bought at baby gap. I'm pretty skinny, so it wasn't too bad, but if you're a really large/wide person, sitting on it will be an adventure. This place obviously isn't a resort, so you get what you pay for. Don't expect decent TV, either- you get 13 local channels.

The bed was comfortable and clean, and the mini-fridge was nice. The A/C worked well. Everything was cleaner than I expected. When I looked at the other reviews of this place, I saw some that mentioned roaches, but I suppose I was fortunate because I never saw any. The staff were courteous and helpful.

Felt disappointed not worth 68$

Everything is old, rooms are stinky, fan in bathrooms don't work. Even some of the counters in the bathrooms were loose looked like it was only hanging on with a thick line on caulking.

I don't like it because i ask for a no smoking room and...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The only thing that i like it it was the parking they have a lot of spaces.

I don't like it because i ask for a no smoking room and the one that they suppose to give me the persons from next door were 🚬 in from of my door and they were talking to laud.

Not worth it

Cockroaches in the bathroom. The bathroom was unfinished. Holes and stains on the curtains. Blow dryer was broken. Breakfast was coffee and fruit. All the rooms around us were either fighting with their partners or doing drugs. The staff did nothing for either situations.

The price was great! But I would have rather have rented a box van for the same price and stayed in it.

not in good shape.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

dirty and in very poor condition. the first room had a open burned up air conditioner and the second room had a bathroom sink that was detaching from the wall and leaked all over the floor when you ran the water. we checked in very quickly then left for our event when we returned at 1am there were bugs all over the bathroom floor and we had to stomp all over them just to use the room. super disgusting would have moved if it wasn't so late on a holiday weekend.

location.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

It was adequate accommodations but I would not stay there more than one night.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The heating / air unit was noisy and it was hard to get a temp that was comfortable. The bathroom toilet seemed to have a leak at the base which surprised the bare feet.

To be able to park just outside your door and because being handicapped to be on the street level.

The price included a continental breakfast.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Wifi was very bad. Loud and weird guests in the motel and in the neighbourhood.

The price included a continental breakfast. The room was relatively well equipped/furnished.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

University Inn should be renamed no-tell motel
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Hard to compress what I didn't like into 2 or 3 sentences. The toilet ran all night, the bathroom countertop was busted off the wall, there's a major algae bloom in the pool and will be attracting every mosquito in Chico as soon as it warms up, the dumpsters in the parking lot were completely overflowing but to their credit, a lot of room furniture was in them, $80 was about twice what it should have cost.....

We booked at the last second and they were one of the only places in Chico with a room available. Now I know why

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

They need remodeling updating and cleaning

Room smelled durty and need it cleaning bathroom smell like peeh bathroom ceiling is falling furniture broken lamps old.

I liked the fact that they had continental breakfast

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

Spend more money and stay somewhere less shady

Red stains on the floor. Non smoking room obviously had been smoked in. The lost my reservation so checkin took a longtime. Shower only had two setting freezing and melt your face. Makeshift smoking area right outside my room which looked terrible.

Good price for a hotel in the area

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

4.0
    Our stay at University Inn
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

There were holes on the wall, the carpet was stained throughout the room and the toilet wouldn't flush. Apparently someone came into our room to fix a hole in the wall, but no one notified us that they were coming in.

The bed was ok, no breakfast continental or otherwise provided. It was walking distance to pretty much everything in town.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Never again
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The continental breakfast was oatmeal packets with no hot water to cook it. There were roaches in our room & the towels were still dirty. To top it off the inside of the hotel room was tagged with graffiti. I'm not usually one to complain too much about hotels but this was by far the worst place I've ever stayed.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Do not stay here!!! It was the worst experience I have ever had.

I found four types of bugs, 20 total. I took pictures of all of them. The room smelled like cigarette smoke and was filthy! There was a weird white goo on the floor by the bed when we got there and dirty boot prints on the floor in the bathroom.

Nothing. Horrible.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

My stay

Noisy people up all night. Not really clean

Decent affordable

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

Wonderful staff, good breakfast, good location.

The staff is always so friendly and the location is perfect.

Very friendly staff

Very friendly staff

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Great value for the price

Hard beds and small showers

The area and price

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Just.

Mmoyhing

Just. Service great,!!!

Everthing

Basic but great location.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Pool was out of action which was a shame and the breakfast was not great.

Basic but great location and free parking.

Staff, blood stains, headboard fell off,

Very good. Had a big family and they didn't get upset

Beds were way to small

The owners were amazing.

Thanks for the great stay!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

It was close to everything

Close to Everything Downtown

I love the staff and the employees . Great location with Breakfast . I recommend...

Staff & Location

Would not recommend this motel to anyone.

Accommodations or staff

Would not recommend this motel to anyone.

NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN.

Room smelled like Bleach. Towels were like sand paper.

Friendly staff
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Mold in the bathroom. Questionable stains on every surface. Needs a major facelift in order to charge 280 for one night

Friendly staff

Just kicking it in chico

It's a great location, and the price was very fair

So low end - stay here only if it’s ultra cheap
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Really old and low end place. Laughable really. So much was bad that I don’t know where to begin.

Chico was sold out so this was last room

The area

Dirty an smelled

The area

Bed comfy

Don't charge my card with out permission ,

Bed comfy

Could be better

Don't charge my card with out permission , don't let people break into my car ,

It is very close to the university so that is awesome, the whole town has a HUGE vagrant problem

Seems to be vagrants and drug addicts everywhere, very noisy from 6pm to 6 am!

The price

Cheap and centrally located

Run down

Downtown

Ok

The breakfast was horrible!!!!!!!

The beds were comfortable.