Reviews of Vagabond Inn Chula Vista 2 stars

230 Broadway, Chula Vista, CA 91901, USA

#13 of 21 hotels in Chula Vista

• Standard King Room

this was the scariest place I have ever stayed, the bathroom was not clean, people live at that hotel, the bed coverlet was stained, the 1st room we went in was reeking of smoke. we only stayed 1 night because of the condition so we left san diego and cut our vacation but 2 days. very disappointing

The front desk person was nice

• Standard King Room

The regular lights in bathroom didn't work, had to use the heat lamp. Also, the air conditioner was located high out of reach, no remote to be found; fortunately the weather was cool enough to keep the room at a comfortable temperature.

Asked for a 2nd story room and got it and was able to do a same day reservation at a value rate on a Saturday. King bed was comfy.

• Standard King Room

Room lights were the sensor ones but all were broken someone poked them. My room carpet looked ro have blood stains or some other red stains on in bed wasn't comfortable

Had clean pool and hot tub. Staff was nice. Had a small

• Standard King Room

The new clerk was slow, poor on knowledge, unable to understand problems about confirmations not on the computer, or caring the client was ill, straight from the hospital and needed to get to the bed. It was obvious he was impressed with himself.

• Standard King Room

The staff kicked us off the property with all our bags when we were waiting for pur ride to get there. We still let her know and she still told us we couldnt wait there. It was very rude on her behalf i will never want to stay there again.

Fluffy pillows.

• Standard King Room

No elevator. If you have a lot of stuff to carry you have to walk up stairs.

I love the pool and hot tub. The staff is very friendly and accommodating.

• Standard King Room

Weird clock made hi pitched noise, had to put it under the bed as couldn't reach the outlet to unplug. A little black around the tub rim.

Loved the cereal, milk for breakfast. Cable excellent. Refrigerator w freezer. Good location for travel. Good heater, not too noisy.

• Standard King Room

Some outlets didn't work... bathroom could have been re-done was kinda old. Not the best area but it turned out to not be too bad because was close to many areas we visited.

For the price it was a good place to sleep and hot tub ;)

• Standard King Room

I was charged three times unnecessarily, it was a pain to get my last night stay refunded because I checked out a day early. They refunded me half the charge for the day which is understandable, I have no qualms about that, but the fact that they charged me three times was absurd.

I didnt really like anything about it. I will explain more in the next box. It was honestly a little upsetting because I expected so much more.

• Standard King Room

Room was all ready use blanket on the bathtub a lot of hair coffee all ready made like wth so after that I was waiting for someone else come and open my door I was very unsecured

Not to much

Nothing to mention

As a many time repeat guest, I love this place. We have to travel up from Baja (where we live) 2-3 times a month for medical, shopping, etc. We always try to stay here. Our only complaint is that there are 9 of us regular travelers and they do not offer us a frequent guest discount year round. But, we still remain loyal as long as it's in our best interest.

• Standard King Room

We always have to ask for a extra face towel because they only provide you with one.

The bed was very comfortable and it was very quite and enjoyable. We sat outside & enjoyed the peace & quiet. The jacuzzi was very inviting

• Standard King Room

The unfortunate fact of booking on line are situations like this, booking without being able to see the place for yourself. We found many places once we were in the area which were MUCH nicer for about the same money. Woman at the front desk was not so nice,our room had a serious ant problem, we were moved to a different room which also had a serious ant issue. The laundry room here was filthy. We left and went to an off property laundry mat. Very 'sketchy' looking people hanging around the parking lot especially at night. Older property, repairs are done poorly. Dirty this and ripped that...I'll never stay here again.

Located near food and shopping.

• Standard King Room

I believe that I was charged twice. I booked through booking.com and cancelled it that same day. Because the room was already booked in my Fiancee's name(Dearing). I just paid it under her name with my credit card. However, I noticed two charges on my account! Can you look into that please? Thank you

It was wonderful as always.

• Standard King Room

Tree trimming scheduled for 11am but started earlier so there was noise and tree particles floating around. Good thing I was checking out but not soon enough.

Convenience. Close to everything.

There was nothing.

The staff was extra helpful and friendly. It is exceptionally clean. The price was very reasonable Would definitely stay there again.

• Standard King Room

I didn't encounter anything that I didn't like

The staff was very cordial & had the room I requested ready when I got to the property. The jacuzzi was very nice & relaxing & inviting especially after working all week long. The breakfast was good and readily available

• Standard King Room

The location was okay. The facilities are dated but the room had everything a family could want. I would recommend that when it is hot, the lobby uses it's aircon if not it is a bit stuffy.. The motel needs sprucing up but when it was new it was probably cutting edge. It was a bit high priced for the location was convenient for where we were going.

We decided to skip breakfast.

• Standard King Room

See the last above statement!!! Dissatisfied Dissappointed Distraught & Ripped Off!!!!

Nothing!!! A/C kept shutting off,not cooling off the room!!! Miserable!!! No breakfast as advertised/promised!!! We will never ever stay there again!!! We are letting the world know about "vagabond motel".!!! I paid and I got ripped off by vagabond!!!!

• Standard King Room

The door was hard to lock sometimes. The lock wouldn't catch close all of the time. They shouldn't really call it a breakfast that they offer. They had a couple of dry cereals and a few dry pastries. I asked for butter and they didn't have any.

They staff was friendly. The room seemed clean. The housekeeping staff brought fresh towels and were helpful.

• Standard King Room

Old and worn out carpets, dirty and smelly even if it was a non-smoking room. Noisy people, loudly arguing day and night.

Swimming pools, comfortable beds and clean linens and towels. Walking distance to the blue line trolley to San Diego city center and the Mexican border. Close to Aunts Emma pancake house, which is a must!

• Standard King Room

I honestly had no complaints. you can pay a lot more for a place but as I stated above I was there only to shower and sleep. I didn"t need the breakfast or pool

I felt very safe. I requested and got a room close to the office and was able to park in front of my unit. the complex was well lit so I had no fear of coming in at night. its an older unit but for the time I spent there it was fine. I also liked the traffic pattern for where I was going.Anything I needed the staff was right there and extremely helpful. You need to use common sense in the down town area and not walk around there at night.. I will definitely stay there again

• Standard King Room

There was nothing bad about this.

Everything! There is nothing bad about this spot. This is my first time at a motel with my girlfriend and we loved it. The pool was probably the best feature! We would get in at night and it would be fresh but warm at the same time. And it closes at 11pm! The room was really clean. Would definitely stay here every time i come to san diego!

• Standard King Room

We put the Do Not Disturb sign while we were away but still cleaned our room. All our personal items were on the counter that is why we did not want our room cleaned. It's a short trip so we kept our room pretty neat. We came to attend a funeral. Then, the morning before we left, my daughter and I wanted to swim so the man opened the gate at 9:30 am. Two minutes after we got in the pool, he tells us to leave so they can clean the pool and add chlorine! Amazing!

• Standard King Room

It wasn't in a very good area at all. The Holiday inn, although in the same vicinity, was a lot nicer and wasn't that much more. They seemed to keep the bums and questionable people away and was only about $50 more a night. If the holiday inn hadn't been booked, we would have definitely made that move.

The cost was cheap...about $110 a night, but I guess you get what you pay for. The dressers were sticky, the metal bars in the 'closet area' were rusty and the sink had stains. I thought for sure we were going to discover bed bugs or roaches. But we did not. All other hotels/inns were booked, so we made the best of it.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

• Standard King Room

No issues at all place was full everything was still rather quiet staff was quiet and polite not a bunch of housekeeping carts running up and down the hallway in the early morning waking me up everything was wonderful.

Actually the nice Green Lawn that was out front really gave it a homey feel

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

Well there were things that didn't work in our rooms and on the property. The phone in our room didn't work and they never tried to fix it. Our air conditioner / heater didn't work and they only kinda fixed it. They have a guest washer and dryer on site that didn't work and they weren't trying to fix it! The continental breaskfast was a little blah. For the price I believed I paid to much!

The staff were very nice and tried to be helpful. Oh and I liked the locations, it was close to a lot of things, post office, grocery stores, liquor stores and Laundromats, etc

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

• Standard King Room

Had a very bad odor when you walk in the office as well as the rooms lots of traffic not safe drugs no place where I will ever stay again and then they ask you to put $100 deposit on top of your stay if you do not have a credit card I will never use my credit card they also tell you they offer you complimentary breakfast Varian sanitize for that I wouldn't have even ate it all

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

The woman behind the counter was rude and pretentious. Rolled her eyes several times in her first few words to me. When I came to the front counter to check in I said "hi, I have a reservation" she just stared at me till I said "would you like a confirmation code? My name? What do you need to know?" then she rolled her eyes and told me shed see if she had anything available.the conversation only got worse following that.

Pretty, and close to shopping and restaurants.

• Standard King Room

I don't have any complaints or improvements that I can think of...

I enjoyed my entire stay there for the 2 days that I rented the room; I will definitely return in the near future.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

• Standard King Room

I didn't like how it was in a neighborhood known for a lot of gang member activity, in my opinion I think there should be Security Around the Clock protecting the cars and the Tenants. ⛔The Television Setup was poor 📡📺📉📉♨〽〽〽〽 ⛔ And No DVD player? Come On it's 2016🆖💿📀📉📺📼📉📉📉 ❌And honestly the WiFi was terrible📶⛔📵📶🚫📶🚫❌📶〽 A place like this should be running over 20 MBPS🚀🚀🚀🚆🚆🚆 I have you down at 4.1 MBPS...🐢🐢🐌🐌 ⛔THAT'S A TERRIBLE SPEED WIFI SPEED FOR A NICE PLACE LIKE THIS.❌

I like that it was close to the freeway and the facility was clean and comfortable. The pool was in miraculous shape, there was plenty of parking and the suurounding people that shared the complex with you we're respectable and great. The Bed was absolutely comfortable and the AC WAS 🆒✳🆒 And Worked Great!!👍👌 🇺🇸 All around an amazing experience for a great Low Price!! 🇺🇸 💲💰💰💲

The air conditioner didn't cool down very much.

The breakfast, cereal, juice and coffee.

• Standard King Room

walls seamed a little dirty.

the size and price of the room

• Standard King Room

It's an old place but clean and offers refrig, microwave, coffeemaker, cable and dish TV.

• Standard King Room

A warm blanket would have been nice, the bed just has a thin bedspread

The housekeeping and front desk workers were nice and efficient.

Little flies in room.

• Standard King Room

I like the hot tub and pool area. Compared to other hotels in the same price range it is by far one of the nicest.

• Standard King Room

Room smelled,room was clean but run down

Location is good

Front desk cleanliness.

Easy access to business location.

The check out.

The bed was great

• Standard King Room

Not clean, windows were left open and no locks on Windows

Not much

I have no dislike at all

Yes everthing was A ok

• Standard King Room

Staff was friendly as always. This is why I chose this property. Especially, Josefina.

• Standard King Room

Location kind of a bad area of Chula Vista but no problems

Free breakfast , the staff

• Standard King Room

Everything was wonderful. The staff was very kind.

• Standard King Room

U can hear everything in rms around u and also outside

I love the location and everything is so close to get to.

• Standard King Room

Not enough towels or washcloths. Carpet was worn and room smelled musky...

Service was excellent.

The continental breakfast had an excellent selection. Clean.

• Standard King Room

Please have one of your staff stay there for one day .. rather than having a survey.

None really !

• Standard King Room

The front receptionist was not very nice, and there were ants in the sick of the restroom

The bed was comfortable!

Everything...

• Standard King Room

Its an older property. Seems maintained well. Some guests looked a little sketchy.

The convenience of the location.

Bad bed ants everywhere

• Standard King Room

Ants developed in our bathroom

Bed was so comfy & A/C kept us cool throughout our visit

• Standard King Room

There were ants in the room. Also the room is dying for a paint job.

• Standard King Room

Did they KNOW the AC didn't work and let us spend a SWELTERING, DANTE-ESQUE night there anyway?

The workers seemed like decent people.

nicer furniture

nice bed

• Standard King Room

They don't accept AARP or AAA discount.They only offer active duty military discount.

• Standard King Room

The walls were a little dirty

The staff is very friendly & cordial. The bed is very comfortable

• Standard King Room

The furnishing upgrades were very nice

• Standard King Room

Properly kept in reference to cleanlyness .

• Standard King Room

The room everything else was good

The room I had was decent

Roomo223 has bed bugs

Stuff was really nice

• Standard King Room

more maintenance lights, air conditioner temperature control, refrigerator.

was the bed comfortable.

The staff was great,

• Standard King Room

The place is old, breakfast horrible, old furnitures, need some remodeling.

The place is fine, i liked the pool.

Change carpet fumigation

I didn't like it was the worst hotel I've ever stay at!!!! Not worth your money

no comments

nope

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

• Standard King Room

Dirty bed dirty room dirty bathroom. Thin walls you can hear your neighbor snoring

• Standard King Room

Some nois from the neighbors.

Room was so clean and had a nice smells.

• Standard King Room

not really sure because everything was pretty good

Its been a while since I had breakfast at a hotel so it was a real treat for me

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

Property is right next to a mobile home park and was a bit noisy at night.

Did the job for a decent price.

I didn't it.was dirty..