Reviews of Vagabond Inn Executive SFO 3 stars

1640 Bayshore Highway, Burlingame, CA 94010, USA

#10 of 11 hotels in Burlingame

Nothing!!

Everything worked; your "long term parking" and Airport shuttle was unexpectedly excellent!!!!!! Also, on the 3rd floor it was easy to walk around to an unobtrusive spot for a smoke. I haven't stayed here in years but it was better than ever!!!

Room needs updating and dusted properly. Bathroom extractor fan ran all night. Sliding window was easy to open from the outside by just pushing it. They did have a stopper to prevent the window from sliding open if you attach it to the rail on the inside - think security. Bath tub drainage was so poor you end up standing in an inch of water while showering.

Proximity to SFO and their free shuttle service (every 30 minutes). Breakfast included. Situated right on the water so lots of opportunity to go for a walk or run.

Builders working in room next door caused dust on our balcony handrails and we had to stay inside the door while drilling going on to avoiding breathing it in !

Comfortable beds and great restaurant right next door

• King Bed Bay View Room

Paid extra for the bay view and at check in was told only one room available on first floor but still charged me the bay view price. My reservation was made two months in advance for bay view room

Close to the airport

Only down side was fan in bathroom ran continuously and was noisy, but with door shut, not too much of a problem.

Very comfy bed/pillows-great location—bayside walking path at rear of property-nice hot breakfast

Waiting to see if $100 deposit will be returned.

Ear plugs were nice amenity. Close to front desk and breakfast area. Shuttle to airport. Breakfast was quite good.

• King Bed Bay View Room

Directions with how to operate the TV. Especially important for visitors from other countries who are not used to the remote

Convenience to airport, friendliness of staff, breakfast was good. Location is pretty and there is a jogging track along the Bay.

1) Loud bathroom fan that constantly works to ventilate all rooms (no button to turn off😖) 2) No room temperature control (it was cold 😰) 3) White powedery stuff on the wall & floor between bed & night stand (😳)

• King Bed Bay View Room

Arrived early and not allowed access to room. Room was chilly - needed portable heater, which was provided on request. Rooms a little tired.

Great location on the bayside and easy complimentary shuttle to the airport.

Rooms were very warm at night, there’s no AC. The fan unit in the room only blows out warm air. We discussed with front desk and they did provide a small fan. It was so warm we kept outlet door open in the evenings to air room out before bed. Front desk girl who works evening is pretty rude. Both my husband and I talked to her on different occasions, and every time she acted as if our questions were an inconvenience to her....sitting there.

Property was perfect for a family, with small kids. They had laundry on site, breakfast in the morning and were only a couple miles from the airport.

AC/Heating control. Very old carpet and shower areas are 40 Plus years it appears but it seemed clean and functioning....

Air System is in heat mode or cool mode for while facility, it was hot at night due to.it being January... I would prefer to have it much cooler... I couldn't i actuall had to open door to outside for 10 mins to cool the room down.... Rooms open to outside not a hallway.

Location of our room. Close to street and very noisy. Breakfast could use a little Improving. Nearby hotels have full breakfast, such as scramble eggs and sausages etc.

Friendly staff and cleanliness and size of room.

Initial check in was disappointing as Booking.com said my credit card details were only required to verify and confirm my booking i.e. I could pay by some other means at check-in time. When we arrived Vagabond had physically debited the card details I had provided to Booking.com - and it was "too late to do anything about it". In hindsight I think this is more the fault of Booking.com for not researching the Vagabond's payment process. I had intended to pay with cash as the funds in my prepaid US$ debit card were earmarked for something else.

Comfortable bed and excellent hot breakfast included.

If you stay on the north side, there’s very little airplane noise. Unlike the south side, where you hear a lot of planes taking off. That’s ok, since I enjoy airports!

Very close to SFO!!!

A little noisy but that is to be expected being near the airport. They provide earplugs.

Clean and comfortable stay. Breakfast was nice and the staff helpful and pleasant.

1. The air-con didn't work really in our room as we checked in in the afternoon and the outside temp was about 25oC but our room was really hot even when we turned on the cooling fan. It turned out the hotel used centralised air-condition system and couldn't do anything about it. So they provided us with a tiny table fan, which helped a little bit. So i dont know if you happen to check in the hotel in extreme weather condition that it might get worse. 2. The whole area seemed a bit shabby to us, as we expected it to be better with what we paid for a room with one king-size bed.

1. Location is super close to the SFO airport as well as handy airport shuttles that could accommodate lots of luggage (for those who are concerned about excessive luggage like us) 2. There is a convenient restaurant literally next door to the hotel that serves fusion food, which we found ok for the price and atmosphere. 3. Service was great and hotel allowed us to check in 1.5 hour prior to 3pm which we appreciated. They even let you choose where you want to stay. 4. Free fast WIFI which was a huge bonus. Coming from a country where wifi is such a gimmick, I was so surprised that some premium US hotels didn't have wifi in your room. But this hotel does and it's much appreciated.

Nothing. I LIKED EVERYTHING!

I loved everything at this hotel. The room was big and clean. The beds are very comfy I slept like a baby. But what I loved the most ia the location next to the San Francisco Airport with a view next to the water and seeing planes come and go was so fun. And there is also a park just a few steps down.

the staff lied to me. I called while driving on the road for 7 hours, to request a room looking at bay , I was told that would be fine we are not busy tonight no problem, then when I arrived , I was told she never said I could have a room facing the Bay, she lied. then the room had no heat and it was raining and cold, then there was a roach in the bathroom floor, freak out. then the vending machine had no water and kept y money.

nothing was good

Heater in room 312, 103 did not work at all during the evening just cold air NUT in the morning when i wanted A/C HOT 85.00 and i couldnt use HEAT when i needed

The breakfast room is VERY small and difficult to navigate. There are only two small indoor tables to sit at.

The free parking and free breakfast make this a better deal than any other property in the vicinity.

Breakfast service (see review).

Good location very close to the airport (view over the bay and runway from the back of the hotel) with easy freeway access. Our room was comfortable, well soundproofed and well equipped. My ONLY issue was probably a one-off in that the staff member who was supposed to set up breakfast failed to show resulting in an hours delay to start breakfast and a crowd of guests waiting, some impatiently. I'd happily use this hotel again.

Good for a stay before long hauls overseas as an intermediate stop. Allows jogging and plane watching at the shore. Flexible management as we first had a room next to the hotel's laundry facilities.

I had invited my friends to stay while visiting from France. The front desk could not find the reservation even though I had a confirmation number and name she said it was not in the books and that she didn't trust booking.com to make reservations. Needless to say I was getting anxious as were my guests... by this time there were others waiting to checked in. After insisting that I had reserved with the confirmation letter finally after at least 25 minutes she accepted the reservation. She didn't apologize for the inconvenience was quite rude. I will not have my guests stay there in the future.

Nothing...it is perfect place to stay for rest between long flights.

The beds are very comfortable with excellent bedding material. The closeness to SFO airport is a plus. Providing outside food delivery is nice.

Airport shuttle pick up and drop off time.

Airport shuttle should be every 15 mins. Not every 30 minutes. Too long to wait at airport for shuttle pick up.

Older property, outside was a little sketchy and rooms have large windows in front which don't seem that secure. Breakfast was very crowded Sunday morning, no room to sit.

Bed was comfortable, shower was good and very clean. Free breakfast. OK for a place to sleep after arriving on a late night flight.

The room was clean and comfortable. Dining area too small. Good selection of food but every time I tried to get a piece of bacon, it was all gone!It must have been good bacon!

Not clean, not updated, dark room, VERY loud next door guests, no a/c, windows don’t open, room door not sealed!

The location is convenient, nice big TV, I would recommend paying extra for the Bayview room

I would have loved a pool!

The room was big and very clean. The bed was super comfortable. There was a microwave and fridge in the room, which was great. The shuttle to the airport was right on time and saved us lots of time and hassle.

Breakfast area is small for this size hotel; they need more tables and chairs. Breakfast area is too small in general. Room next to laundry room can prevent you from sleeping at night; try to avoid it. Airport runaway is very close and regular engine noise during takeoff and landing. Rooms generally need a remodeling. Bed sheets can be improved.

Bed was comfortable. Bathroom was clean. Hotel is close to the freeway; only 15-20 minutes to downtown San Francisco. Free WiFi is a plus.

Everyone was super friendly guests and staff. There was a nice walking trail around the bay i loved watching the planes land and take off. Breakfast was always hot. The person who cleaned our room folded our personal blankets for our baby very nice!

I couldn't get wifi and the older Hispanic lady at the desk couldn't help me connect. Another lady had th e same problem the next morning and the young Hispanic lady immediately said she would call tech support!

Very clean room, comfy mattress, direct tv, clean bathroom, make your own waffles, Airport shuttle on time, elevator

the AC was down and it was a hot day/night

The location of the hotel (right next to airport), the room was very clean and the mattress was incredibly comfortable.

• King Bed Bay View Room

I had made a reservation with special request for a room with balcony and patio on the second or third floor, but when we got there they told us that all the rooms with balcony were already taken. I was real disappointed cause we had agree to pay extra for those amenities that I wanted so bad, so that kind off ruined the whole purpose of staying at the motel.

The free breakfast, the bed and pillows were great.

Nice, clean place to stay for a good price. The breakfast included had healthy, yummy options. Easy access to the airport and local offices along the bay.

• King Bed Bay View Room

Very clean very quite very nice to get away and relax. Room was nice we had a balcony room very nice and relaxing looking over at the water. Will be coming back for sure.

I was in room 302 above the office and breakfast bar. I Kelly hearing the loud horn of the waffle maker. Also I would have liked a later checkout, the best they did was 1pm.

The place was clean and appreciate having the fridge and microwave.

I think for $250.- you should be able to expect clean carpets, and a more updated room. They say executive, but there is absolutely nothing executive about it. They take advantage of the fact that it is close to the airport. We only booked it because every other hotel was booked for the night we needed. They can't even store your bags for you until your flight leaves, for that price. The receptionist also wasn't the friendliest....poor all up.

The location...close to the airport

Place doesn't look inviting at all. Carpets were dirty, elevator is small and it required a long walk to the room so I used steps to carry out my bags from second floor at checkout time. The breakfast room is a joke: two or three two-person tables with a few more outside! Hence, we ate there. Kinda feels goofy to have breakfast outdoor near the highway.

Location, close to the airport.

• Two Queen Beds Bay View Room

Cleanliness, Rooms were musky smelling, Dusty especially under beds, Both myself and partner are now covered in bites from either fleas or bed bugs. Staff indifferent definately will not stay there again. Far to expensive.

Near to the airport

Not much, floors sticky, screen had large holes in them, sheets had not been changed, not night light in the bathroom, sliding door would not lock. Not much I can say good about this place.

Was not ready when we were to leave,

We were located on the top floor. We had 3 cases a pushchair. A car seat and a baby. A bit difficult juggling late at night.

Near to the airport... late arrival. Great room. Great Breakfast. Staff very accommodating and helpful.

The staff was very basic, not uniformed or very professional. Air conditioning did not work in the room so they sent a 12inch fan... The carpet in the room was filthy (My kids' feet were black after walking bare feet) The coffee area was closed when I checked out at 10am (even though it was supposed to serve coffee and tea all day long... very poor hotel... I would recommend if the night costed 85usd.. not 200usd.

The place was well located, near the airport.

Dirty room with broken fixtures. The bedside lighting was broken. The walls had pealing wall paper and many holes and stains. Fixtures not fixed when staff were notified after two days.

Lobby staff was nice and helpful. Our room was comfy. At the back of the hotel, they have a superb view over the airport runway that you can watch from benches along the footpath. The Elephant bar and restaurant close by was a winner! They've got very good service and a menu to please all palates!

The air conditioning was really not air conditioning. I was at this hotel in the middle of a heat wave in northern California and the room was quite warm. It was actually cooler outside later in the afternoon, so I left the door open!

Adequate towels.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

• Two Queen Beds Bay View Room

Rooms did not have individual air and heat so it was extremely stuffy and a bit stinky. The bathrooms were very outdated and bit dirty.

The breakfast offered was great. Our room was bayside so we got to watch the planes land and take off but there was not a ton of noise which was great. Parking was not extra, thank goodness. We ate at the Elephant Bar next door which was fantastic.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

My balcony slider wouldn't lock and the drawers on the dresser wouldn't close so they were open several inches all the time. Even though I had the air on cool, hot air was coming out.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

• King Bed Bay View Room

Within its class, the hotel delivers honourably.

Being close to transportation was important to me, as well as the central location. The hotel staff is making the effort to be helpful. Loved the lobby. The elevator has security features for registered guests.

I liked the do it yourself waffles during breakfast. I was also please to discover a nice walk path behind the hotel.. with a really nice panoramic view of the water.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

The air conditioning was not working in the rooms. We had to have our room changed because of the heat and awful odour from the ventilation system. The new room (on the opposite side of the hotel) was a little better in that there was no bad smell. However the room was still very hot and did not cool down at all! My party had another 2 rooms booked the same night and we all experienced the same heat and stuffiness.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

• Two Queen Beds Bay View Room

Poor location if you want to go in to SF. Basic breakfast.

Room was convenient for airport and my meeting just down the road. View over the bay was pleasant from a room described as such but with an additional cost. Price is reasonable for Bay Area SF, by all other sensible measures in just about every other part of the world it was high.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

My room was next to the busy laundry room. Although it seemed well insulated, it was a lot of activity it including talking even at night. I was too tired to ask to be moved. No table or comfort chair in the room, despite a hanging lamp where a table would have been located.

Easily accessible large room. Easy freeway access. Close to restaurants and shopping. Lots of bathroom counter space and rain shower head

• Two Queen Beds Bay View Room

Room wasn't cleaned during out two night stay for my moms birthday. Went to front office for toilet paper and the guy couldnt find any so we had to go to the store to purchase some.had to put down a deposit to top it off. Expensive stay and couldn't even get a roll of toilet paper or our room cleaned.

Bayview room, random happy hour, comfortable bed

• Reviewed: 2 April 2017

The breakfast room is way to small, if it's not warm enough to sit outside, The room looks pretty used and dark, but it's alright, if you just stay there one night. If you have bad luck, your room heads to the airport and that's loud.

The free Coffee was good

• Reviewed: 26 March 2017

Please replace the horrible furniture in the lobby! It's old and looks very dirty and scratched. Need to make a better first impression.

Great bed, shower, TV, staff, happy hour, breakfast, free airport shuttle, location, convenient good restaurant next door. Especially impressed that we were able to get early check in after arriving on long overseas flight at 7a. Got a room at 1030a, excellent service! Thank you.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

Paid cash 1st of all Booking.come said pay when you arrive again paid cash didn't get a receipt after the 1st night we wanted to check out I was told they showed no record of me paying cash that I paid with credit card then I get a call that the manager finds my cash.we end up staying when we get back to our room to get ready to go have dinner we find no shower curtain we call front desk girls says well wasn't there one before we say yes then she says I'll call house keeping after waiting 15 minutes my wife goes to the office only 1 girl there says it will be a minute then she goes to another room to take 1 off of that room she comes to our room and puts it on later I hope to ask about switching rooms cause it's hot in our she says 35.00 to up grade wth for remaining 2 nights wow very poor experience

• King Bed Bay View Room

The room smelled like Carpet Fresh - so overwhelming. One of the dresser drawers kept opening. The room could use an update/remodel (carpet was kind of icky).

The view from the room was fabulous, and despite being so near the airport, the noise was blocked well and did not disturb our sleep.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

Staff was less than inviting and everything you asked of them seemed like it was a real imposition. My comforter was horrid, all lumpy and bumpy, I asked for a blanket and the girl actually replied that she didn't think they had any. Eventually I got a duvet after much huffing and puffing and rolling of eyes. I bought the hotel a cork screw as I was told that they didn't have one and that it was probably in the missing drawer. So unhelpful.

Location right along a lovely footpath alongside the ocean. Beautiful bird sanctuary. Breakfast was great with scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles cereal and toast and bagels. Real orange juice along with other fruit juices was available. Price was reasonable. Even though close to the airport, we didn't notice much noise when we were in our room.

The sound of people walking can be heard. And the ceiling feels like people are all over

The inn is accessible to almost all places- airport, restaurants etc

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

I don't know how this could be fixed, but the noise was terrible. I could hear the person in the room above us thumping around while just walking. Maybe if the windows were replaced it would help with the noise outside. I was woken by people talking and dragging luggage by our room, by what sounded like a garbage truck a couple of times, and someone's car alarm. Just seemed like I could hear everything as if the window was open, which it wasn't. It made for a rough night's sleep during what would otherwise have been a very nice stay. IF I stayed there again, I would ask for a top floor, inner room.

The staff was very pleasant, the room spacious and clean, with mini fridge, microwave, and comfortable beds. The lobby had coffee, tea, and apples available at all hours. We left on the 6am shuttle to SFO, but were still able to grab a few things from the continental breakfast before we boarded, even though breakfast wasn't slated to be available until 6am.

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

It was more a motel than a hotel in my opinion. No indoor hallways, entrance direct from walkway or parking lot. Not a plus. Less safety feeling

good wifi,

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

Dated lobby and room décor, with outside elevator, but matches the name. Flies and gnats in the room when I entered, so had to take care of that issue with a towel upon my arrival. Just like being at home.

Very cozy and comfortable room with microwave and fridge. Was able to do some work and relax. The room was clean and tidy.

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

• King Bed Bay View Room

No heat; wake up call didn't happen. This property needs to be completely refurbished including doors and all fixtures.

Wonderful view. Friendly staff. Great shuttle to the airport.

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

• Two Queen Beds Bay View Room

Desk staff was unfriendly facility/lobby was dirty Lobby furniture was sticky and unclean. Vending machines did not work.

Room was ok and clean but the overall facility needed matinance and a clean up.

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

One restaurant next door was expensive but good food. No others within walking distance.

The breakfast was just what we needed to start off our day. Shuttle service was always on time and took us to our airport. For overnight stays on travel days to and from the airport this is a good place to stay for under a C-note.

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

Place needs some serious updating overall but is workable.

The morning buffet breakfast was better than expected. Most of front desk staff was very friendly.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

Carpets were old and smelly. Also, I am a senior citizen and forgot to ask if there were any discounts for Seniors or AAA members when I booked. At the time of checking out I asked the front desk person and she said I should have asked at the time of booking. I agree, however, it would have gone a long way for good public relations if she had given me the discount. It's not a large some but with someone on a fixed income it would have helped. Thank you.

I wanted something reasonably priced and close to the airport so picked this facility. Facility was clean, breakfast was good and so was the location. Unlike the larger hotels, this facility had free parking and free Wi-Fi, besides free breakfast.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

our room was ready for fresh paint and carpet but was otherwise fine.

got a good night's sleep, enjoyed the breakfast offerings, and a quick ride to the airport. staff was efficient and friendly. it's fine for the purpose - it's not where you'd vacation.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2016

Some of the rooms need major attention and they all need a facelift. We made them change our room and the second one was not too bad.

Great location next to our favorite restaurant, the Elephant Bar. The grounds are well kept.

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

checked out on Sunday, 12/11 at 10:30 AM, the front desk female was not very pleasant when I requested for the same room upon returning back to the property.

Did not like the ground floor room, we upgraded to the bay view which was beautiful. Rooms are clean. Breakfast was awesome.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Nothing all was great

Yes it is a older building but great location to airport very clean. Plus the best complementary breakfast. In short you could not get better value

• Reviewed: 2 December 2016

• King Bed Bay View Room

The wind and planes made sleeping extremely difficult. (Bringing ear plugs or buds with music to drown it out next time because the view was worth it)

The view in the bay view rooms was amazing!

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

Carpet dirty, stained. The room needed a face lift - a good paint job would do wonders - felt old and shabby and uncared for. No room to eat breakfast in the breakfast room. Smelled musty. Very expensive for what I got. Last year stayed at a hotel 100 metres from this place - no comparison between the two - like night and day.

Staff very nice, helpful.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

Plumbing needed a little attention in my room you cant fill the tub with water.. so showers only. Dresser Drawers stick closed and are very hard to open I think the cleaning staff turns the AC/heat off when they clean the room, I don't like returning to a room that is too hot/cold, Breakfast area very small- nothing you can do about that. CNN on constantly in lobby/breakfast area. Maybe it's just me, but something "non political " would be nice, or just leave it off. I've had all the TV politics I can stomach for the next 50 years Courtesy shuttle good most of the time , However, from Airport to Hotel on Sunday evening (11/13) it never showed up. I had to take a taxi after waiting for an hour. vending machines have been broken for the last month

The nighttime desk staff was good: the young man who does the shift (evenings until around 7 am) was always helpful and courteous.( sadly, day time staff less friendly, seem distracted, no eye contact, ) Beds/pillows were comfortable and the rooms were kept very clean. Hotel is very close to Airport and walking distance from a couple decent places to eat. Best price I could find close to Airport and train.