Reviews of Vagabond Inn Long Beach 2 stars

6.2

5.7

6.1

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

I would not stay there again.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

The parking lot is ridiculously small and they kept packing in cars so much so that our car was immovable for a night. The hallway smelled like weed. There was hairs in the bathroom.

Will not stay at this place again. Felt very uncomfortable here.

They place is very old. Bed and pillows were not comfortable. Seemed like they were very old. Carpet very dirty. No ice machine. No hair dryer or coffee Machine in room. Shower head gave very little water just did not feel comfortable in the room.

Had a good tv. Other wise Not much. Very uncomfortable stay

Deceitful

Staff was great. They were the saving grace for this place. For the amount we paid, it so wasn't worth it. Now when I first booked the hotel. Private parking was one of the amenities. But when we arrived, we were told that they changed it 2wks prior to our check in. The right thing to do was for them to honor the contract from our first initial reservation. To charge an extra $48 dollars was devious on their part as they knew that at that moment they still would have been able to charge us if we decided to go somewhere else. That was totally deviant on their part.

Like I said. Their staff saved them.

The second floor area by the elevator smells like mildew...the room was terrible, stained chairs, drapes not hung properly, bathroom has one electrical plug right next to the toilet, not a good place for it especially if you have to dry your hair...the bath tub is terrible with the slip pads not good, started to slip in the shower as well as my 5 yr old granddaughter...there is a lotion bottle wedged in between the tile and the shower curtain rod. Parking area is terrible and they charge $20 a night to park...outrageous for the area and the small spaces they have. The pictures are from the room...none from outside or lobby.

Not much, breakfast was ok.

Great Location in Long Beach

The rooms need to be updated. Although they were clean, the bathroom fixtures were very worn. The walls should be repainted also. The TV reception was poor. I had was also confirmed for an early check in, but my room was not ready when I arrived at the confirmed time. Although courteous, the front desk staff was not as friendly as one would hope they would be.

It is in a great location! My room was very clean and had everything I needed. The AC worked great. The water pressure in the shower was excellent.

I have no complaints it was very nice and clean

I have no complaints it would be nice if they had a refrigerator or microwave in the room but no problem

Was clean and all staff was very nice I will come back in 3 months my husband has a doctor's appointment in at st. Mary's every 3 months and we live in Perris California

I really think the price for the room was not worth it at all.

Hot breakfast, deep cleaning with product that smells clean. Put real truth pictures on the website of how the hotel really looks like! The Price for the room is not worth the stay. That it doesn't have a refrigerator. Pictures on the website are a lie and very deceiving. Very very small. The breakfast was a joke, No hot breakfast! Cereal toast homemade muffins. Smelt not cleaning at all. The family pool is for babies. Front desk worker's were rude at front desk.The Free WiFi did not work. Tv n cable box ran iff two different connections making it very difficult needs upgrade really bad.

There were no fluffy eggs no eggs at all! The bed was bed bug free and really comfortable. Air conditioning was great, shower worked great.

Other then my issues visit was fun and very close to the beach.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Parking sucked! No microwave or fridge in room. Was charged for a safe I never asked for nor was it noted on booking. Ice machine did not work considering the temperature when we got there. Poor circulation of the air in the building. Card keys were a pain in the butt as well never wanted to work.

The staff was great! Was clean.

Hookers and popcorn

Unclean no ice sketchy

Moved the night stand over filthy floors had at least 3 months of skin dust also room wasnt cleaned properly trash was left in the dang bins ... really 288.00 for two nights in Acceptable

Not certain if I would stay again.
    • King Room - Smoking

Curtains in my Rm were filthy. Color in Hotel hallways were awful, the restroom had horrible color, & toilet had ugly spackle on base of toilet.not certain of i

I will be back🤗
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

the rooms were clean but half the sockets in the room didn’t work the bathroom needs a good remodeling grout was dirty and showers werent sealed on properly

The staff was very friendly and welcoming the b said were like sleeping on a pillow lol I slept really good ,the breakfast was minimum but healthy ,overall it was a good experience,I would definitely stay there again the location is perfect to the beach and train lines to get everywhere

The front desk personnel were very kind, and went above and beyond to make my one night stay great!

I would say the facility could be a bit cleaner. I don't like the change the sheets when needed policy. People go on vacation, they engage in fun activities, they naturally sweat, and sleep there...it should be a daily thing. Again, I just threw in my own blanket in the back of my car...no biggy!

Location! Location! Location! I needed to be close to the Long Beach Convention Center for a show. It was within walking distance! I know others have given this place not-so-great reviews, but I hope that management notices and makes necessary changes. My stay was great. Traveling solo, even if the facilities were not in perfect clean condition, I appreciated entering into my hotel room from inside the building, as oppose to having an outside facing door. You also need your room key to get inside the door to enter the hotel, to get to your room door, where you again, use your door key. I felt secure, safe and slept comfortably. But I did throw in my own blanket, just for good measure.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

Our room was big and nicely decorated.

The breakfast was very basic. Bread with butter and jam. It would have been nice if there were something hearty like peanut butter or cheese.

Our room was big and nicely decorated. The staff were helpful with an extra blanket and a map on request.

Skip the Vagabond.

Smelled like mildew, noisy, outdated, not enough parking, rooms need sound proofing, you can hear walking, shouting, and traffic all night long.

Close and convenient to downtown area.

That it was close to spots that I could relax.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

I was not there that long but in the night around bed time people like smoking weed. I don't think that is good for the kids that are staying.

That it was close to spots that I could relax. As a motel it was what you paid for.

Night time desk was horrible, didn't know the job, or...
    • King Room - Smoking

Night time desk was horrible, didn't know the job, or the rooms. Day time Latina lady was very sweet, helpful, and accomodating. Outdated rooms were horribbllleeee!!!!!! Hotel smells, and pool is DISGUSTING!! Finally ended up in a a renovated room, but will never stay here again.

It was not great and will never book there again a motel would've been better than this

I didn't like that when i arrived to the hotel tiered and exhausted from driving I asked a staff Memeber in the parking lot to help me out to find someone for the front desk he ignored me and i called him several times, only to find out he was the guy from the front desk then i asked about where to park my car and he said one spot in the garage left so i park and its so tight I couldn't get out and of my car and to top it off when i opened the door there was fresh pee from someone right there! So then I go about 15 min looking for a parking spot outside on the street and everything is full so finally i come back and i get to park by the pool where its not actually a parking spot and it was just not right because there was a car behind me and I didn't want to be in the way soooo then after i get all that figured out i finally check in and get my stuff together to go in the room and its just ugly the door was broken you couldn't close it the carpet looked old and it smelled weird and then the first thing i went to do is lay in bed and it was hard and uncomfortable and not to mention it smelled like weed too. It was pretty hot when we walked in as well so my boyfriend goes to close the window and its broken and really thin so air from out side was still coming and the decor was just outdated and even the sheets i took off didn't smell like they had been washed, i was just really disappointed and then when i got to the bathroom the bath was not a good look the cocking to cover cracks was messy and looked like a half assed job I didn't look clean but maybe its also because everything is just old and cracking but this place needs a big time remodeling job. I just feel like what i paid for was not worth it. The pictures i saw online before i booked were probably from like 20 years ago I don't know but it was like a catfish.

I liked that I found one place to stay

A horrible experience. I stayed there because I pre-paid for it.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Everything. Carpets dirty. Floor was uneven and warped secondary to water damage. Walls dirty. Cigarette smoke. No parking. Area not safe.

Rating should be 0.0! The property was dirty, did not feel comfortable in bare feet. Do not stay here. Cigarette smoke filled the property. Gross.

Its ok
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

The beds could be a little bit better they were a little firm. Also the sink is in a weird shape that I would bump into it every time I would use the restroom

The staff was very friendly. And it was close to the beach

Good place to stay walking distance to the beach about 2 blocks down
    • King Suite with Spa Bath

Road construction going on outside.... looks like they are fixing the road. Other then that we found a Mexican restaurant catty corner from the hotel that was great! & a gas station behind the property that was convenient.

First time I stayed in a hotel room that had a hot tub inside! I'm definitely going to want that on my next hotel booking.

Vagabond Long Beach is a Roach Motel

The Vagabond Inn in Long Beach is absolutely horrible. It is old, dirty, smelly, noisy, and attracts a criminal looking element. The front desk staff are outright rude and incompetent. I specifically requested a quiet room and then they put me in a room facing a very busy street that had lots of traffic as well as lots of loud people outside walking around in the middle of the night. After 2 - 3 sleepless hours, I requested to be moved to a quieter room. They moved me to a new room, and as soon as I turned on the lights, cockroaches ran back to their hiding spots. I complained (they admitted many rooms have roaches) and was moved again. The 3rd room, which faced a high crime alleyway, was still very load, but they assured me there were no cockroaches. The Vagabon Long Beach needs to be demolished now. Long Beach City Health Inspectors - start doing your damn jobs now and condemn this place.

Nothing other than the fact that I only had to survive one horrible night.

Really enjoyed the hotel
    • King Room - Smoking

After dinner I could not get in the door so I went to the office a young guy was working I explained that I can't get in. He took my key card typed bunch turned around gave me the key card and NEVER spoke to me he just gave me a dirty look the whole time.

The lady that checked Me in couldn't have been nicer or more welcoming.The pool was nice, very clean property inside and outside. Comfortable bed in a large room

Problems but they addressed them!

Why were there bugs to begin with? The internet gave me some trouble for the first day or so. There were noisy neighbors. No fridge in room.

I got bed bugs in my room on my first night. I was bitten and had a reaction which took a day of my trip to deal with. NOT COOL. They moved me to a new room when I asked which was bugless. They also refunded me my first night. The hotel is near the beach though the area is a little rough. Downtown is a few blocks away.

Convenient area for me to visit my son.

The room I stayed in didn't have a vanity anywhere. It will be nice to have one at the batroom area. It would have been useful when getting ready in the morning.

The hotel location is perfect when I visit my son who lives behind the hotel building.

Room was perfect with new Carpet, Drapes and Bedspread. Bathroom and shower were very clean.

The Breakfast was continental which is fine, but could have added more fruit.

The room was excellent. The Carpet, Drapes, Bedspread were all in perfect condition. The Bathroom was clean and the shower was great. I have no complaints for the room. The staff had the room in excellent condition.

Would never stay there again. Would NOT recommend.

The building smelled weird, the bathroom door frame was broken so the door wouldn't completely shut, the water pressure in the shower was too soft to enjoy a shower, the outside windows are dirty so we couldn't enjoy the view, there were cockroaches on the first floor by the ice machine, the only ice machine was on the first floor, and the shower was gross with the dark grout along with black spots around the bath.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

never again.

when i told the manager that mice were in the room he just asked me the no of my room, that was it,

beds were very good , nothing else. curtins filthy ,no place to put your undies no drawers, no shelves in bathroom, had to sleep in a room with mice ,] never had that problem before in all the hotels we stayed in , realy needs to be updated ,

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Lovely stay

The breakfast was monotonous and poor...carbohydrates throughout! Some protein would serve prevent kwashiorkor and diabetes, especially for long stays. There should be refrigerators in rooms for that price. Bibles should be provided in every room. We all cannot be Buddhists in the US!

Toiletries were adequately provided, rooms were cleaned thoroughly everyday, ample space and seating arrangements in the room, adequate lighting, lift to ease transport of luggage, close to my event venue and assistance by staff to make local phone calls free of charge. Varieties of fruit juice, cold water and sweets provided are commendable.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

The place is kept very clean.

There wasn't coming too much water out of the shower. But that's just a detail.

The place is kept very clean. Staff is friendly. Beds are surprisingly good.

Good location and value for money

The halls/corridors could use some maintenance. Wi-fi is unstable. Breakfast could have more variety. There is constant smell of "smoking"

Good value for money. Central location and free wi-fi My room was spacious and comfortable (though other rooms were smaller).

Great location, free wifi, friendly staff, very clean :-)

Although the room and bathroom were very clean, the bathroom could do with a little refresh maybe.

Perfect location, friendly helpful guy on reception, very clean, comfy bed, fast free wifi.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

Less than what you pay for, but if you stay one night it's not sooo bad.
    • King Room - Smoking

For $90, I would expect a microwave in the room. I would have liked more than a 3/4 of toilet paper on the roll. It would have been nice to have enough towels, bathroom is kinda small. or the sink is too big to that close to the toilet

The rooms looked like the pictures, and this property offers smoking rooms.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Spend the extra money if you want comfort
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

They were using the parking as event parking, wanted me to leave my Keyes with front desk, did not have a designated parking spot , room they gave us was a smokers room and room are extremely run down!!!!

Nothing !!!

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

I saw a cockroach in the elevator and the towels in the...

I saw a cockroach in the elevator and the towels in the bathroom had dirty brown spots on them. They would not allow me early check in. Bathroom shower backing had a clear plastic top portion of the wall that was completely dirty. Would not stay here again.

Noisy neibourhood and room

The room is clean but out dated. Close to beach and stores. But there was no staff at the middle of the night when we need to call someone to take care of the noisy room from 3 to 5 am. We had to do something ourselves and argue with the noisy room people. couldnt sleep at all which ruined my vecation.

Horrible
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

It was horrible, no parking, had to move cars to get out. Toilet overflowed, staff speaks very poor English. Phone was broke, carpet was dirty. Will not stay there, questioning if I will use booking.com again

Quality/Price was good. Staff was nice. Neighborhood to be checked more closely.

Noise during the night suggesting some neighborhood issues which prevented me from sleeping completely. I did not feel 100% safe yet nothing happened.

It was close to the convention center at a better rate.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

Don't Go!

There were socks in room from last client, you could here EVERYTHING thru the door that connected the room next door . The room was shoddy and no coffee pot🙄!

close to Long Beach Convention Center.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

I would wear slippers in room.

Carpet was very dirty (made my feet black) and bathroom was not cleaned as it could be. Saw 2 roaches crawling in bathroom. TV was difficult to operate and not very good reception.

Comfortable room, easy access to room from parking lot. Great Downtown access location. Generous Breakfast options for what was offered.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

I'm resting, Do No Disturb!

Night staff were the most unhelpful and at times unaccommodating. For a person with disabilities my needs can be varied and the constant waiting for each request - constant running and jumping in the room above me that kept waking me up. I called no change had to go to desk in agonizing pain to get it taken care of. For two of nights I needed to extend my stay and the night clerks were not helpful at all.

The hotel maid and cleaning staff are great! They were the reason I was able to rest and relax. Kept my DO NOT DISTURB sign on my door until I checked out. No one knocked, they only checked when I went out for ice which was next to their office. Was able to leave trash in hallway and woke up to new trash bag/bins.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

Don't stay here! Yucky!

It was in a very noisy part of town so hard to sleep with all the noise. Took a walk around the area, it was very sketchy at night and didn't feel that safe. The room decor was very outdated and the carpet was gross. The bed linens and blankets also felt very old and gross. The man at the front desk wasn't that friendly and seemed annoyed to do his job. I would never return to this hotel. The breakfast was a joke too.

Nothing really

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

This Place sucks

I made the reservation 3 months in advance.It was one reservation for 2 rooms,yet when I got there he said he could not find the reservation for the other room and he charged me an additional 10 bucks that was aggreed on!And I could not understand his english!!!

it was close to the port of long beach

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

good location
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Bathroom was horrendous needs cleaning and updated

The best thing about this place is absolutely the location the bathroom absolutely needed updating as well as the rest of the place breakfast was just muffins and warm milk but you could not beat the price or the location was absolutely perfect

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

Clean, but needs updating.

The elevators were so tiny that I opted for the stairs. But that's a personal issue. There was an odd sulfer smell coming from the sink, and the light switch in the bathroom was broken. Actually, everything about the bathroom needed to be updated.

We went to an event at the aquarium of the pacific, and this was less than a mile away. Location was perfect.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Felt dirty the whole time and did not feel comfortable at all.

The rooms floors felt like they could collapse at anytime. Bathroom tiles missing, Windows did not close all the way. Hotel needs to be updated. There was limited parking for the rental vehicle

Location to the beach was nice and close

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

Horrible 😡

There was a couple arguing outside on and off, from 3:45 am till 7:45 am. I couldn't believe staff members didn't do anything. Other people staying there were also complaining. That's when I decided to check out asap. Didn't even bother having breakfast. I was out by 8:45 am. Next time I rather pay more, and expect better service.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

Adequate and clean.

The room, furniture, windows, drapes were pretty run down. Also, room was by an alley where there was lots of noise all night. Free continental breakfast was only pre-packaged sweet roll and coffee. Parking was horrible - double, triple parked. Luckily we walked to our venue, because there was no way we could have gotten out!

We were there for the marathon, and the location was great! Really close to the race! The room was clean, and the clerk who checked us in was super friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

The cleaning staff all greeted us & were nice.

The bed was not comfortable the springs were felt. The building seemed unsafe. The parking lot was dirty.

The cleaning staff all greeted us & were nice.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

It was ok for the price.

Parking was bad. It was full. Had to park in the back. Got my car broke pn into. Staff didn't do anything about it.

It was ok for the price. Last min thing.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

I think they need to be nicer to their customers, especially the grumpy guy that checked us in

The person that booked us in was very stern and not friendly at all, almost snappy. The second man that we saw later that night was very nice and helped us with a phone call.

The room was really clean and yes, the bed was really comfy.

For this kind of money, decent place to stay

There were often big bugs in the room

nice bathroom, near metro station and beach

My bed was very comfortable.

Too much furniture it appeared as if they used my room to store additional lounge chairs.

My bed was very comfortable.

no ac in the hall way

dirty

no ac in the hall way

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Chippy and not too far from Convention Center at Long Beach.

Chippy and not too far from Convention Center at Long Beach.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Economic

Decoration

Prices

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Review

Smell was bad. Poor channels on cable.

Close to beach. Downtown area.

Location was fantastic just a quick walk to the beach

Location was fantastic just a quick walk to the beach

Beds very confort

Parking to small for the property

Beds very confort

Parking was not the best in this place

Parking was not the best in this place

The worst nightmare experience of my life
    • King Room - Smoking

The room was dirty and nasty, had bed bugs, I want my money back.

Nothing,,everything was bad, horrible experience for me and my child

Comfortable

All good...except wifi in room 328

Front desk very pleasant. Room large.

Large rooms

Large rooms

The location makes it kind of worth it, you you run out of options that is not too expensive.
    • King Room - Smoking

The pool was not impressing.

Just used it as a place to sleep due to work, would not recommend if you are vacationing.

Parking is horrible. Trash from previous guest was left under the bed.

Location was close to the downtown and Queen Mary area.

unsatisfactory

The bathroom, the bed, the parking, the odor, the rooms are poorly maintained and dirty.

The AC worked good......that's it!

would not chose this hotel again
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

staff not friendly, odor in the building, noisy kids running thru hotel very late at night

Pleasant

The reat was grate Edward
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

The mamamager was telling no visitors or friends and u told him I was wanting to best and he's said no friend ect

Yes the bed was grate

The room was disgustingly dirty and the parking sucked. There was not enough parking for all of the guests.

We enjoyed our stay here and will be back soon!

We just wish the pool was heated.

Our room was very spacious and my daughter enjoyed the pool. Complimentary breakfast was a very nice touch!

Glad to leave and finish my trip elsewhere.

Old room smelly not worth the price. Only stayed because there was no other availabilty.

Good.

Everything was fine

It was great experience

Room was very dated, dreary, floors creaked, curtains ripped.

Room was very dated, dreary, floors creaked, curtains ripped. Bedspread ripped and in disrepair.

The location is good

The rooms are very dirty. They need a proper cleaning. Yes under the bedside too...

The location is good