Reviews of Vagabond Inn Executive - San Jose 3 stars

#55 of 67 hotels in San Jose

6.2

6.1

• Queen Room (1 Adult)

Location was really bad. Didn’t feel safe. Looked like it was a hangout for some latino groups. The lamps were wrapped in plastic. The bed sheet had multiple cigarettes holes. Old bathroom. The refrigerator was making a lot of noise. Tv had almost no reception. Overall not a good experience.

The staff was friendly.

• Queen Room (1 Adult)

First after I check inn went to my room to unlock it the key card it’s not working I have him to come to unlock it for me . The next day same thing key card didn’t work again. But if you ask me I wouldn’t never stay there again.

Helpful stuff

Run down property with unpleasant front desk staff.

The heat was not working on this cold night. A staff member came to our room and managed to get the heat on. However, as soon as he left it went off, and the room was cold all night. I tried to talk with the front desk when I checked out and was lied to. She told me the heat works when I had just spent a cold night with it not working! Not a good experience at all! Only stay here if you have no other option.

• Business Friendly King

The room smelt horrible. Bottom of the bed skirt was black and dirty, there were hairs in the bed, cigarette burns and stains everywhere. Bathroom didn't flush. Lamps were burnt out. Shower unclean, roach droppings inside tub and the water was coming out brown. There was mold around our sink. Pictures on website are not what this hotel looked like. I would NEVER recommend this place to anyone.

Front desk staff was nice.

• Queen Room (1 Adult)

The bathroom was pretty brutal. The door was absolutely filthy front and back, a wash or a coat of paint would be great. Also, the shower, while very effective, was all kinds of corroded and rusty. The toilet paper might wipe your hoohah but then so would a brillo pad, and I probably would have bought my own roll of TP had I been there longer than a night.

It's a basic Vagabond Inn. Nothing fancy. Very big. Strong point was that it is about 7 minutes from the SJC airport, you are literally right on 1st Street. The room was basic, nothing fancy but nothing terrible overall.

• Business Friendly King

The hotel was definitely dated and not cleaned. I found cobwebs on the old entertainment center. Also, the shower didn’t appear to be cleaned appropriately. There was not really any sink space to stack your cosmetics.

It was cheaper than the surrounding hotels.

• Business Friendly King

Staff, paper thin walls, noise in the room from the road and parking lot, noise from flushing toilet at connecting room, shower noise from connecting room, at the reception I was reffused to charge my mobile with a usb cable, I had problem with my room key, very low speed wifi, ants in the room, coffe maker was washed at least a year ago, breakfast only cereal and muffins....

Close to Airport

• Business Friendly King

The facility was quite outdated although clean.

The location and cost were good. The receptionist was helpful. He arranged a pickup for us for 5am for a taxi ride to the airport. The cab was very punctual.

• Queen Room (1 Adult)

Bookong co made a gross error: You booked me 2 rooms at same hotel, same day! Hotel management did not care, said i have to take up with you. What an awful situation. This is not the first time your co messes up a reservation, and the consumer ends up paying

Staff claims they didn't receive the special instructions and tried to put us on the second floor. Had to wait an hour and 1/2 after check in time for our room to be ready. Put us in the room furthest away from the office where there was no handicapped parking available. Air condition sounded like a Mac truck when it was on and woke us up every time it cycles during the night. Should I go on?

Nothing. Will not stay at this hotel again.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

• Business Friendly King

It was old and a little run down but expected for the price.

Liked that it was close and convenient to the airport. It was clean and a good bargain as we only needed it for one night, I had to drop my husband off at 5 am for a early morning flight.

• Business Friendly King

I requested an extra bed for my daughter never got it the toilet bowl can't flush it unless you take the cover off and figure out how to flush it the price is too high

It's pet friendly

• Queen Room (1 Adult)

Got a Handicap room which I'm not handicap... Room with 3sec of air conditioner on room was super hot.Tube paint was chiping super big crackI took pictures so horrible.Not posting them! Had a handicap bathchair? That took space n bath too big with little light. Wi fi was bad. Business Center was closed at that time.. Free breakfast Left to eat at Denny's instead service breakfast was of just cereal n toast n juice n yogurt...No eggs no waffles that's a breakfast just cereal n bread.Seriouly..On premises their was alot of construction trucks n works on the parking throwing up of drunkness..N drinking on the premises..Is that even allowed? family of receptionist a young teenager girl n her boyfriend n her 6yrs brother got dropped for the pool they left lil brother 6yr unattended in the hot jacuzzi while they were making out in the pool so me n my son left.. That's not appropriate for a 6yr old to be left unattended..Child had swimming training arm wrist on. It's was a high risk for some child to drown...

• Queen Room (1 Adult)

Furniture and fixtures are getting a bit old, but are still in good working order. Not easy to access a wall plug for my laptop. A/C was OK, but could have been better.

Great, low cost location if you have a flight out of SJC early the next morning. I really like the fact that there is a restaurant on the property - a Denny's. They were able to let me check in a few minutes early.

• Queen Room (1 Adult)

Found sex toys underneath the bed, which was a bit disturbing. I know that goes on all the time in hotel rooms but having it right there in front of my face was weird. Staff need to check underneath the beds and behind the furniture every so often when cleaning.

I didnt like that the swimming pool gate was not working so staff told us to literally reach over & open it from the inside, the pool itself was dirty, our bathroom had a foul, body-odor-like smell to it since arrival, there was trash from previous guests under our beds, the breakfast was super lame, the parking concrete was so uneven as well as the stairs to our room, the air conditioner was funky and the room phone was not working.

I like the convenience of the things were walking distance. That's about it.

• Queen Room (1 Adult)

Pool was very tired with broken loungers. Breakfast was very limited, not really worth using

Nice room, very friendly helpful staff, good value for money

• Business Friendly King

They could invest in some better plumbing. You need to watch out how you flush the toilet or it'll keep running the whole night.

No-frills motel, very convenient for short stays in San Jose. There is a Denny's practically on site, and a 7-Eleven next door. I did not have a car, so it was nice to have the VTA station so close.

• Queen Room (1 Adult)

I was charged extra for my pet and I stayed 2 nights and they did not come and clean the room or give us clean towels the next day. MY reservation was for 2 nights. Toilet was running all night and I had to close the door to be able to sleep.

the area of location and the Dennys next door.

• Queen Room (1 Adult)

The front office staff are terrible! We had reservations to stay here on our way to and from our wedding as the hotel is so close to the airport. While we were away getting married, I had two family members pass away. We needed to cancel the room but I offered to reschedule it since the circumstances didn't give us much time in advance to cancel. I called the Vagabond office and spoke to a female. She let me know that I would have to speak with Booking.com; she said if I had booked directly thru the hotel, they would have no problem canceling the room free of charge. I called Booking.com and explained the situation; the agent was so sincere, attentive, and understanding. She put me on hold and called the property; when she came back on the line I could hear in her voice it wasn't good news. She let me know that it was the PROPERTY's decision on whether or not to cancel the room and they opted not to. After hanging up I called the property back. The lady at the front desk was so rude and dismissive to the point of being disrespectful. Fast forward a week: we have returned to San Jose after our wedding and two funerals and have been charged for a room that we did not stay in. I pay a visit to the hotel to speak to a manager. The same woman won't let me speak to this mysterious manager nor will she give me his contact information. While I'm standing there someone comes in the back of the hotel, I ask if it's the manager and she says "NO!" without even looking to see who it was. The best she will do is have me write down my information and she'll "give it to the manager." I ask her questions and try to find a resolution; she talks over me, yells, and starts saying "I don't have to tell you ANYTHING!!!" when I ask simple questions or make statements about how she lied to me several times. After 10 minutes or so she leaves! She walks out the back door and leaves me at the front desk!

The location is very convenient to the airport. The parking lot is well lit and we were able to park right in front of our room.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

• Queen Room (1 Adult)

Dim lighting over was basin I had to turn on the light bulbs by hand on the lamps the switches did not work remote control needed new batteries hard to change channels towels scratchy bed blanket very thin if I wanted to use the pool when I asked the clerk said I had to tell him he had to let us in does everyone have to ask at other motels I stay I am given a key the place is old and rooms dingy I would not recommend my friends staying there and upon arrival one clerk was rude an i am with my 7yr old grandaughter also every time I approach the office a mean dog barks a lot which obviously lives in the premises

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

Could hear the water being used in the adjoining rooms. Carpet appeared to be clean but old ,i.e. dirty in the corners and edges. Shower water turned hot when adjoining rooms flushed the toilet.

The beds were comfortable and clean. The motel was 5 minutes from the San Jose Airport. Front desk employee was helpful.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

• Queen Room (1 Adult)

Place is tired but clean..Not an area you would walk around in. Fine to come into later in day get into bed and leave.There is a Denny's right there.The room was very quiet.

Close to airport

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

• Queen Room (1 Adult)

The bathroom fittings were in terrible condition . There was usty running water and dripping pipes and the stainless tub head which was semi detached from the tile wall

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

• Queen Room (1 Adult)

The furniture was beat-up and torn, the blanket had holes in it, the walls were so thin I could hear the tv next door all night even though it was on low.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

They told me after I paid that no guests were allowed to visit or I would be kicked out. So strange that for over $150 a night I could not let a friend come say hello.

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

• Queen Room (1 Adult)

Danny the manager said kids were free but charged me extra because he didn't believe my daughter was 16- even though I had ID for her -he wanted her to come back to the place to see her in person even though he said he had cameras everywhere watching us- the toilet was running the whole time- batteries were low on the remote- the fridge wouldn't shut and freezer door was broke-they trimmed trees around our vehicles and didn't give us warning to move them!-the microwave buttons were worn off so you couldn't tell which was start-they upgraded us to a king bed and said there would be no housekeeping services-the motion detector for the room light was located behind the curtain so they kept going off-the manager was the icing on the cake-when I made the comment about him watching is- he said oh yes!- I made the comment that I bet there was hidden cameras in the room and he didn't comment!- won't be going back!

Extra pillows- contential breakfast was ok- plenty of parking- close to a 7-Eleven - good water pressure in shower

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

• Queen Room (1 Adult)

The first room had not been cleaned. The bed was pulled up but not new clean sheets. Dust everywhere, something spilt on the bedspread. Not handicap assessable!

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

• Queen Room (1 Adult)

I will admit I wouldn't consider the breakfast a breakfast. There was a basket of packaged pastries, a couple pieces of small fruit. Cereal and a couple of choices of things to drink. Not a reason to not stay there but I think it was just a surprise.

I felt safe. The room I had was obviously not brand new but it was clean. I was comfortable and I felt it was a good price for what was received. I would stay there again.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

It is a basic strip hotel/motel so do not expect much. Breakfast did not start early enough.

Close to the airport, clean and quiet rooms, parking is close and secure.

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

• Queen Room (1 Adult)

Although the bed and room was clean, which is of course most important, all the furnishings, carpet, drapes etc. were very worn, chipped, scratched, dilapidated.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

• Business Friendly King

I had my cell phone in my hand. I kept wondering why I couldn't get into my room. Finally I was told I was deactivating the code with my cell phone. The breakfast was very limited. Cereal and packaged danishes and muffins, but sometimes we have to make do when traveling.

The pillows were so comfortable. They had a heater and air conditioning to adjust, and it was right by Denny's.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

• Queen Room (1 Adult)

The room was dirty and cold. We woke up every night of a loud beeping noise from the bathroom (maybe a fan?) that wouldn't stop, even after we spoke to the staff that was supposed to fix it. Their "breakfast" does not deserve to be called a breakfast - moldy oranges and cheap cereals.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

Location. Toilet ran all night. Toilet paper holder fell off the wall with first use. Most guests seemed to be single men driving construction trucks and people living there full time. My husband and I felt very uncomfortable and would never stay there again. Have used booking.com many times and were disappointed by the rating we used to pick this motel.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

• Business Friendly King

The place was filthy. The place we're the coffee was had hair all over it. The coffee pot had not been cleaned. The refrigerator was dirty. The mattresses pad had hair on it and dead flees. The whole place was dirty. The breakfast was not really a breakfast. The coffee was like instant tasting. When I stepped out of my room someone had thrown a stop sign along with the nails that was used to secure it right by my door. I checked out at 10 and it stil had not been picked up by housekeeping

The bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

Only plus was the close proximity to the airport. Refrigerator didn't work, toilet ran all night,smoke detector,and battery removed from ceiling. Gaping crack between front door and wall framing. Reported to desk, obviously they didn't care. Don't waste your money....

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

• Queen Room (1 Adult)

Wasn't real clean. My wife wiped everything with a damp towel and when she finished, the towel was disgusting!!. Ants in the bath tub. No hair conditioner, or lotion were provided. Didn't feel it was worth $124 + .

Three minutes from the airport. The location is great.

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

• Queen Room (1 Adult)

There were some items in the room that weren't in tip top shape. The tissue dispenser in the wall pulled out complelety when I went to grab a tissue to blow my nose. The location is a little tricky to find because there is a Denny's up front and center that's a little misleading. The complimentary breakfast was not great but it was free so you can't complain too much.

The man who checked us in was super friendly and well informed. He let us know about all the complimentary features of our stay and he upgraded our room for no extra charge. The walls in the room weren't thin and we couldn't hear any other visitors.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

• Queen Room (1 Adult)

The fact that I had to pay $100.00 deposit, I couldn't have any visitors, the bathroom smelt like bad body odor, the ac in the room didn't work at all. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to any of my friends or co workers.

The staff at frobt desk, were nice and helpful.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

• Queen Room (1 Adult)

Bed was too hard, bathroom sink plugged up, pillows too hard, no alarm clock, bedside table were scratched & damaged with no pulls to open the drawer, hair from previous guest in the bathroom. Will not stay here again.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

• Business Friendly King

The service! They were efficient and very accommodating. We ended up arriving later than initially planned and they had no problems with our reservation.

• Reviewed: 13 July 2016

The shape of the room - tv to the far wall because it

They cleaned the room each day . I have stayed at more expensive motel /hotels and not had that done.

• Reviewed: 11 July 2016

• Queen Room (1 Adult)

There was no shuttle service to/from the airport. The short taxi ride was $15.00 - the minimum just to access the airport by taxi. It was too long a walk with luggage.

As I did not rent a car, I appreciated having a Denny's restaurant on the property. I had dinner and breakfast there.

• Reviewed: 8 July 2016

• Queen Room (1 Adult)

The "breakfast" are just some industrially packed rolls and cupcakes, apples and oranges and hot beverages. Very disappointing and to me misleading to have this called "breakfast". The general place and rooms are pretty run down.

Wifi worked well and the motel is reachable by a free bus service from the airport.

• Reviewed: 2 July 2016

• Business Friendly King

This is really a very low end facility. Mostly consturction and cable company crews staying here. The idea of these folks is to open their car doors in the parking lot at night, blast music and "hang around". Terrible noise level for all other occupants. The cleaning service is extremely incosistent and careless. If you want to use the internet, be warned, its horribly spotty, so any voip calls, skype, chats are not going to work without a huge amount of disconnections. No, its not continental breakast if you serve coffee out of a machine and some pre-packaged cookies/cakes.

Generally phone based customer service was nice. Onsite front desk person was nice.

• Reviewed: 29 June 2016

• Business Friendly King

I had to wait 2 hours 15 minutes to check in. The wait staff were not friendly to me at all. The maid did not clean my room on the last day, so there was no coffee. The breakfast was extremely disappointing.

I was overcharged for a room that had stained furniture, and was not allowed to check in until two hours 15 minutes later than the stated check in time. On my last day, the maid did not clean the room, or provide coffee. The staff were not friendly at all, and the breakfast was sub-standard.

• Reviewed: 27 June 2016

• Queen Room (1 Adult)

The neighborhood is very bad. I felt very unsafe. Would not bring my family here. Next time I will pay an extra $50-$100 to stay in a better place.

Low cost and close to the airport. The front desk staff was friendly. the bed was pretty comfortable.

Better TV system Enhanced Directtv

The staff. Short distance to Restaurants. The room good & clean

• Business Friendly King

Photo in app had nothing to do with the dump I found.

Everything!

This is a very stupid question, there was nothing to like about this place

• Queen Room (1 Adult)

Absolutely dirty linens and arrangements

Nothing worth it

Run down, smelly.

Limited options

Basic and simple breakfast with hot beverages , fruit

• Business Friendly King

Everything was dirty. From the beds, shower, sink, etc...

Nice staff.

Cleanliness of out side although the staff was upgrading at the time. no breakfast as advertised.

Location to the peir.

Bed comfortable

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

• Queen Room (1 Adult)

The hotel was overpriced for what was offered

• Business Friendly King

Poor breakfast. Noisy all day.

Good location. Clean room.

Sketchy

• Business Friendly King

Great location near the airport for an early morning flight.

Friendly staff!

• Queen Room (1 Adult)

Dodgy neighborhood. At the nearby 7-11 we witnessed a theft.

• Queen Room (1 Adult)

Furniture seems outdated and there were ants in the bathroom. Bed not as comfortable.

Price was so high

Rooms are large, clean, comfortable

• Business Friendly King

There were maggots in my room, enough said

Rooms had ants - EVERYWHERE

The room smells smoke and the mirror cracked and windows in the bathroom is broken down

Close to my work and lots parking space

• Business Friendly King

Good facilities nicely priced.

Located near Airport

Staff

• Queen Room (1 Adult)

Hotel didn't look like any of the pictures online. It was very run down but I guess it will do if your on a budget

Staff was nice

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Broken mirror - not super clean

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

• Queen Room (1 Adult)

Clean and good value for money.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

• Queen Room (1 Adult)

There is Denny's restaurant and 7-11 shop.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

• Business Friendly King

Very few seats available for continental breakfast so we ate elsewhere. Room not as nice as I expected it to be.