Reviews of Vagabond Inn Sunnyvale 2 stars

816 West Ahwanee Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94085, USA

#28 of 31 hotels in Sunnyvale

• Queen Room

Would have liked to be able to charge a water or gatorade in the lobby to my room. I was very tired, thirsty and it would have been very nice. Cash only, different accounting system apparently.

Clean, simple, convenient, great staff!

• Queen Queen Bed Room

1. Dirty - Dirty Sofa, Dirty Clock, Dirty Windows, Dirty Coffee machine. 2. Service - Like a Motel - Air Con and Fridge is noisy 3. Breakfast - Very humble. Rather not to have.

• Queen Room

Ceiling recessed lights: Only 1 worked. Room dark. Need a desk lamp near bed. Air conditioner/heater not on. Required me to stand on chair in order to turn on heater.

good location. Cheaper than other places in sunnyvale.

The mattress was hard as a rock. The floor tile was streaked as if some polish was on some tiles and not others. The bathtub was dirty or so old it looked dirty. No TV channel listings to see what you might want to watch without having to go through all the channels to find what you want. Need more information for restaurants in the area.

Not much!

• Queen Room

Air conditioner was making loud noises that were waking us up at night. It sounded like something rattling inside or as it's broken. Full height windows didn't make sense, because if you open curtains it seemed like whole street can observe you and there were often a bunch of people outside. Toilet is flushing only for as long as you hold the button, which may save the water, but not as convenient. Faucet was short and inconvenient.

Room got all the stuff we needed, it had pretty neat table and enough chairs, plenty outlets, small fridge and microwave, large bed. It seemed quite clean. Also, importantly they had plenty of free parking spots, since cheaper hotels in the area didn't have that.

• Queen Room

The staff was not trained and professional. They multiple times came into the room without knocking the door. The breakfast was awful. There was no computer available.

The room was clean and the location is good.

• Queen Room

1. Front desk lady has no or little skills on customer service. No customery greeting which I think is very important because they are the first staff that should make a good FIRST impression. 2. Room is poorly maintained. The bathroom tub had a lot of black/dirt stains with clogged drains. Bed sheets seriously gave me a lot of itch which made me check if there were bed bugs. 3. The walls and ceiling are very thin.Footsteps from above our room were louder than anything else, in fact, I am writing this negative review at 2:42 am because the noise from above woke me up. These are serious complaints because I feel sorry for the next person who would book the same room that we have (We are room#105).

There is nothing to like other than the price and location.

• Queen Room

I waited too long for the staff to figure out how to run my card. Followed by making two trips to the room he gave me and still not able to get into the room. The next room I opened the door as the person that gave me the room key came running. He said that room belongs to someone else. I then had to go back yet again for another room. Total time spent trying to get into my room that was a reservation, approximately 40 minutes.

• Queen Room

Not alot of vending machines. Limited selection of snacks. And I had to climb up on the counter to adjust the temperature on the AC

It was very nice, it had more amenities than the property next door which I unfortunately had stayed the 3 days previous. Only issue I had was the floor tile in the shower surround... otherwise I'll check the price here more often! Very satisfied

• Queen Queen Bed Room

1. Several of the fixtures (clothing rack, towel rack) were broken when I arrived and hanging off the wall, about to fall off. 2. The blow dryer quit working the second day I used it. 3. Thin walls. I could hear people being intimate next door.

Affordable, comfortable, clean.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I had to put a deposit down and a pet. (Room had hardwood floors)they gave us a single bed bedroom and we paid for 2 beds. The coffee pot had mold and floor was dirty. And the breakfast was just sad.

That a room was available

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Our guys left 2 days early. We prepaid for the room. We stayed for a week and a half. I asked if we could work something out. They said no. This has happened through Expedia in the past and they always refund us or work something out.

Not much

• Queen Room

The room was very dirty. The condition of the room I was assigned to originally was very poor-- the screen window was broken, the medal piece of door lock was falling off, and I found a live bug crawling inside the bathtub. Then I was moved to another room. The second room's smoking detector was beeping periodically. Then I was moved to another room located at the corner on the second floor where the corner was very dirty. The room was a larger room but with two very dirty sofa with many stains on the surfaces. The whole room was dirty and the towels were dirty, too.

Location is quite convenient with a breakfast restaurant right next door.

• Queen Room

The room was very large and comfortable. I realy enjoyed the styling of the room. The location is excellent with a lot of things to do close by.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I did my booking on line when my family get there The reception told them they have to pay for the room cash because the credit card was not the same name and they don't Mench that to me when I booked

Rude front desk staff. Dirty floor. Bugs crawling. Dirty fidge. Very old peeling yellow brownish dirty toilet. Tub dirty. Dusty all over. The comforters stinks i think they don't change and they don't wash them so i have to put them down on the floor and the next day they put it back on the bed. I was disgusted so i have to strip my bed.

Staff are rude. The day I checked in, the woman behind the counter was so rude to my children so I asked her name three time and she wouldn't tell me. The second day my tv don't have batteries, i asked the guy at the front desk and he doesn't have any. He said he will find me one and get back to me, he never did so I went to the store and bought batteries. I stayed there for a week and and no one came to give me the battery. Sad!

• Queen Room

Property is in old and generally non-refurbished condition. Cheap, thin and undersized towels. The Wifi didn't work. Spent 45 minutes with their tech support asking me to stand outside of the room to see if it wouldn't work. Property manager didn't provide any follow ups on getting this to work during my stay. I inquired about getting a credit for my stay when checking out and received a lot of pushback from the checkout desk. Will not be staying at this property again. Do not recommend.

• Queen Room

It was dark with old carpet. There were no safety bars in the bathroom. There were no bedside lamps. They had task lights in the ceiling.

It was easy to find and I could park easily in front of my room. They had USB wall plugs on each side of the bed. Dennys was next door and I could walk there in 1 minute.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Woman at the front desk wouldn't allow us to use a restroom when checking in. Made my friend go down the street to Denny's! We paid over 200 dollars a night ... for a motel!.., and couldn't use the restroom. Totally unacceptable

When we first checked in they gave us a room that the bathroom wasn't working, so we moved to another room, that room was not very clean and the smell was not best - we asked for another room and was told that was the only room left. We stayed there the whole time and we do not recommend this place - it was not worth $700 something dollars. This is not a clean inn and the smell was unbearable. We didn't like anything about this place.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Front desk poor customer service , rude,mean, The room had dirty looking towel , needed more deep cleaning over all Toilet seat was loose I all most fell off

Pricing , and easy parking , Denny's next door

• Queen Queen Bed Room

The curtain didn't close all of the way, the door was hard to open, the window sills and bathroom could have been cleaner

They are working on updating the rooms. The room was a decent size, with a separate room for the adults. There was a coffee pot, ironing board and iron, refrigerator and microwave. The tv was new and had lots of channels.

• Queen Room

I did not feel very safe in the place and one, mostly because at the reception they were providing an insurance to cover possible loss of valuables (at a given price).

This is an older renovated hotel, extremely clean with a continental breakfast. It was 11 miles from Stanford, and affordable. Downtown Sunnyvale had a variety of restaurants that were also affordable, with good food.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

There were ants in the bathroom area.

It's quite roomy. I appreciate having the refrigerator and microwave very much. The bed is very nice, with plenty of pillows. The staff is always friendly.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

The air quality in the room was unbearable. I felt like I had Legionnaire's disease after the first night in the room. I'm not sure I got any sleep. The second night was not much better. I left after the second night and skipped the third night because I couldn't take it anymore. In addition, the front office staff was slow and, if not rude, at least very cold.

Not real clean pillows the worst needs a remodel bathroom third world breakfast??popcorn crumbs where in the machine Friday nite with light on asked about girl said that was for breakfast was the same with lights on when I checked out today

Compared to your competition no good have stayed at every hotel from the 101 to elcamino tried this one because never used never will again

• Queen Room

They said it's free breakfast but the only available food in the morning is popcorn and coffee. Who eats popcorn for breakfast?

The room's pretty spacious and the price is affordable. It's a good enough place to sleep for the night when travelling.

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

• Queen Room

Room was dirty I wasn't even able to turn on the heater because it had so much dust and cob webs that I didn't feel safe to turn it on and it was cold. There was a black stain on the ceiling that looked like the there was some type of bug in it.

The only good thing about this motel is the easy access to the freeway

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

• Queen Room

There is a fatal problem with the room we stayed at. The sound proof was terrible. When upstairs tenant turned on the faucet, it is like dropping a bomb. In the beginning we did not know what happened, we were scared. Then we hear the tapping on the floor when people walked upstairs. Then I heard the car traffic on the street. it was very difficult to sleep with all these problems. I got up many times at night. other than these problems, the room was clean and the breakfast was adequate.

The continental breakfast. Cleanliness of the room.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

Coat rack was pulling away from the wall. Continental breakfast was short on food choices.

Front desk was courteous and helpful, if perhaps a bit hesitant.

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

There was no closet just a coat rack on the wall so I didn't have anywhere to put my suitcase that wasn't visible. Also the bathroom had No counter space so my toiletries had to sit on the floor

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

Management and office clerks could be more friendly.

Like that there is no carpet. More sanitary. Spacious. Comfortable bed. Housekeeping staff pleasant and helpful.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

The window was so warped inside the frame that there was a big gap in it. Getting this hotel on line was a nightmare and very unclear about all the rules of the financing part. Used my parents credit card to secure room online (with parents help) but then needed to put up cash at the last minute because I didn't have my own card. But they never said anything about that all the times we talked about using a different card that wasn't in my name until I actually got there. Nightmare.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

The shower curtain was dirty and the pool was dirty as well almost like a green color.It's too bad because it was hot and my daughter really wanted to swim. The WiFi worked for like a half hour and then stopped.

The bed was comfortable

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

• Queen Queen Bed Room

staff lied about discounts at Denny's, hard to understand, not friendly, would not give me Stanford discount, tried to extend stay but wanted to charge 100 dollars extra for third night, went across street to motel 6 found a cheaper room there.

located near freeway.

• Queen Queen Bed Room

Noise during midnight the nxt door very noisy

• Queen Queen Bed Room

The bed was the only good part

Just not up to my standards.. Sorry

Breakfast ended before 8 on Monday. Too early

Like continental Breakfast . Juices and coffee always good 😋

• Queen Room

Replace the staff with someone who is welcoming and respects the guest

There were ants in our roon

• Queen Room

Mysterious stained curtain and one common beetle found but otherwise very clean

Not sure if all rooms are renovated but was nice and new(ish) good bed

No pay per view

Clean, quiet, near late night food, nice bed and ac/ heat , good carpet, drapes and linens . Very important

Pocket Friendly

• Queen Room

Very elegant and clean and confortable

• Queen Room

Dirty, Heater wouldn't work and they could only spare 1 xtra blanket, customer service was horrible

It had a Dennys Restaurant walking distance

Not that clean

Price and location

No hairdryer.

All the available electrical outlets with usb charging. Comfortable bed.

• Queen Room

Room was very big and nice!

COLD FLOORS. . HEATER SHOULD BE WITHIN REACH..NOT NEAR CEILING

GOOD LOCATION,COMFORTABLE MATTRESS

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

Poor breakfast service

Clean room

• Queen Room

Room not clean had ants and Beatles long black hair on floors. Dirty in corners food on floor under table.

Easy to get to

no gym, trouble wifi.

good location and parking.

sorry xcuse 4 free breakfast

very tasty and fresh

Staff, cleanliness and breakfast

• Queen Room

didn't find remote for the AC, had to climb the bed to reach the AC

clean rest room

• Queen Room

Rooms were very clean and very comfortable!

• Queen Room

They need a better breakfast. Hardly any options.

The rooms were super nice, clean, and a good value for what I paid.

Waiting for a room that was suppose to be ready early for me

That it was close to where I had to work

• Queen Room

shower sprayed everywhere sink didn't drain sheets smelled

Cleaness

Contact paper floors!

Close to restaurants

• Queen Room

They were extremely rude. Horrible service. The room itself was such bad quality, everything was very cheap.

Air conditioner in room not working. Switched rooms after 3hrs. Of dis comfort

Shower head leaked.

Nicely modernized.

The man at the office

• Queen Room

The person at the front counter was terrible... The bed was duty... No air condition working ....

• Queen Queen Bed Room

The free breakfast was a joke!!!

Every thing was good

Central location

Their breakfast were almost none.

The location is in the center of Sunnyvale, not far from 101.

Bugs

Price

• Queen Room

we found cockroaches every where and my wife was scared.

yes, the bed was nice.

Carpet smells bad

• Queen Queen Bed Room

Slippery shower floor(inviteslawsuit)shower handle fell on floor,no vanity,just sink, broken coffee maker