Reviews of Hotel Talisa, A Luxury Collection Resort, Vail 5 stars

1300 Westhaven Drive, Vail, CO 81657, USA

#25 of 47 hotels in Vail

Read more- opens a dialog box

Showing 1 – 59

• Reviewed: 27 October 2018

The property was gorgeous and the rooms were very clean.
    • Superior King Room

I didn’t like the candy and snacks for sale in the room. I also missed a fridge in our room.

The property was gorgeous and the rooms were very clean. Everything was up to date and incredibly stylish. I don’t think this hotel is very family-friendly as we came with a toddler. But for a romantic weekend away it would be perfect.

We are glad we went but will not return.
    • Superior King Room - Disability Access

I thought the cost of bringing the pet was too high. I thought the advertised hotel events were less than expected. I was not impressed with the choices, portions or quality of the food at Gessner. And finally, the prices were just overboard.

I like the location of our room. I thought it was clever to disguise the exhaust fan noise with a waterfall. I liked being able to bring my pet.

Comfortable
    • Superior King Room

The price on the valet is hig but I guess I like that everywhere in vail, and I discover the hotel offers a 4 night free if book 3 day but not true Booking.com

The location is great! And the rooms a great

Great staff, loved having a shuttle available to get into...
    • Superior King Room

The pool area was very cramped at one point with no place to sit. I also noticed dust and hair behind the bathroom door that had not been swept prior to arrival. Dog hair on window seat in room.

Great staff, loved having a shuttle available to get into town. It was nice to have live music at the pool and complimentary champagne and s’mores.

Overall everything was phenomenal, we looked forward to the...
    • Superior King Room

The skying rentals at the hotel girl employees wheren’t too knowledgeable about the skying equipment and questions asked, being a first time skier they didn’t show us how to put on the gear or even that we needed goggles simple things that rookies wouldn’t know. I believe the price was a bit high for a small bedroom but yet it was one of the most affordable nice hotels in the area.

Overall everything was phenomenal, we looked forward to the continental breakfast every morning, used the spa, pool, gym, has an outside fire place to heat up while is cold and beautiful creek right on the back, absolutely amazing time, would definitely recommend l.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Needed more staff at the G Restaurant

Live music

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Lovely hotel , in great area

N/a

Friendly , and helpful staff, clean rooms . Nice breakfast . Great lounge areas

Beautiful hotel
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

No shuttle to ampatheater

The beds were very comfortable

Success Through Quality

Great decor - contemporary Great Brskfast

• Reviewed: 31 March 2016

Location was perfect and serene with the creek running by...

Rooms were outdated and bathroom was old. Beds were too soft and gave me a back ache. However, the hotel is closing until the next winter for renovations- just what it needs and we would definitely go back!

Location was perfect and serene with the creek running by the outdoor pool. Super easy getting skis from the shop and getting to the mountain right at the lift at the hotel- priceless hassle-free start to a great day of skiing!

• Reviewed: 20 March 2016

Loved the hot tub on the river.

Too far from village but found the Cascade to have everything we really wanted for a short stay.

Loved the hot tub on the river. Also liked the music in the bar and the bar and bar menu. Gluten free a real plus. Ski access great

• Reviewed: 1 March 2016

Loved the location and the onsite rental and equipment...

The food could have been better, the layout of the facilities seemed a bit like a maze in some points, and the comfort of the beds and pillows weren't very high.

Loved the location and the onsite rental and equipment concierge. It made getting on the slopes incredibly easy.

• Reviewed: 11 January 2016

Location is good not great.

Watch out that tipping all the different resort services doesn't "break the bank."

Location is good not great...two miles west of Vail Village. They have their own ski lift, so you can ski over to Vail Resort/Vail Village, and then back to the Cascade in the evening. They also have a ski locker for over-nighting right next to the lift. Parking and Resort Fee are extra. Overall, we had a great ski weekend.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2016

I know that this was not a Brand New Condominium, for that...

That our Vacation time ended

I know that this was not a Brand New Condominium, for that reason we all were suprised about the excellent shape of the whole villa (Condominium) & Equipment. There it was everething functioning perfectly well (100 % Well). Of course We would like to go back there, specially if we can get a better deal by making the reservation previously.

• Reviewed: 24 December 2015

This resort was by far an amazing experience for our family.

This resort was by far an amazing experience for our family. The staff was so friendly and welcoming. They go above and beyond to make your experience perfect

• Reviewed: 15 December 2015

Price.

Last night my dinner. The most incompetent waitress. Never had a sweater for my unsweetened The Spilled the Champagne in the table 3 times. Allowed my main dish and most expensive to be cold. She needs training and teach how to serve a table. I complained to the manager at my check out and her response was complain at the time. Not to complaint the next day. !!! ?

Price. Majority of staff. Gym. Pool. Bar. Bedrooms All excellent

• Reviewed: 11 December 2015

The thai noodles from the restaraunt and service from the...

Pricey resort fee. Extra charge for parking. Complexity of the layout of the facility.

The thai noodles from the restaraunt and service from the bartender to ensure that I Got what drink I wanted was great. The outdoor hot tubs and pool heated year round Are a must; bring a swim suit.

• Reviewed: 7 December 2015

Staff was very helpful and the property was beautiful.

It was off season so the bar/restaurant was understaffed and slow but otherwise we had a wonderful time!

Staff was very helpful and the property was beautiful.

• Reviewed: 23 November 2015

Excellent accommodations, friendly staff, good location,...

This off-season booking seemed overpriced once we arrived. Also the daily "resort charge" ($27) seemed both unusual and unnecessary as the hotel was nearly empty.

Excellent accommodations, friendly staff, good location, good amenities. A beautiful resort hotel with good access to Vail's uniqueness. Concierge Steve was outstanding. We liked the frequent snow as well.

• Reviewed: 10 November 2015

The property is beautiful, the amenities are fabulous, the...

My only issue was that I thought we would be in or at least a bit closer to Vail village...you are definitely 2.5 miles or so from the village. Lions head is a bit closer. There is a great bike trail & free shuttle connecting the resort, lions head & the village however.

The property is beautiful, the amenities are fabulous, the restaurant is wonderful, the staff is incredible.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2015

Nice facilities

Tough place to get to back from vail village at night. Road and walking path aren't lit.

Nice facilities Nice room Beautiful back deck and walking path along the creek

• Reviewed: 8 September 2015

It has everything you need to relax and be active.

The architecture and decor could be updated from 1972. The staff usually drives a hard up sell

It has everything you need to relax and be active. Great for summer vacations (haven't gone in winter)

• Reviewed: 8 September 2015

Outdoor patio, great swimming pool, fabulous gym, convenient...

Outdoor patio, great swimming pool, fabulous gym, convenient parking, large room, nice restaurant, rent a bike by the lobby, get on the trail in the back of hotel shuttle service to go to Downtown.

• Reviewed: 26 August 2015

Family reunion.

The pool was very crowded-but the weather was perfect

Family reunion. One of our sons was married there. They go back every year. This year 18 of us were there together!

• Reviewed: 12 August 2015

Loved the Spa and the breakfast was offered with lots of...

Beds weren't really as comfortable as I would have expected from a top rated AMEX hotel

Loved the Spa and the breakfast was offered with lots of choices. The shuttle was frequent and fast.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2015

As a frequent traveler I'm very critical of places I...

As a frequent traveler I'm very critical of places I stay and the value I receive for my hard earned money. But with Cascade Resort, I LOVED every aspect of our stay. From the condo (for wife and 3 kids), the restaurant overlooking the beautiful pool and mountainside, the gym, the access to bike paths, the convenient shuttle rides into Vail (thus not having to worry about parking!)--we loved. The staff is first rate--every one of them! Quiet, clean and safe. I cannot recommend this more highly. It's incredible!!! We will be back for sure.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2015

The location is fantastic, the amenities that the hotel has...

The rooms are not soundproofed, and we could hear every conversation our neighbors on both sides were having. On one side were younger kids up until two or three in the morning drinking. On the other were young kids, up and screaming by 7am. Not a great combination.

The location is fantastic, the amenities that the hotel has on hand (particularly the restaurant) are fantastic, and the concierge is set up to provide you everything you could ever want.

• Reviewed: 20 July 2015

Our room had an awesome view of the mountain and river.

Only thing I didn't like was the price of the food and drinks.

Our room had an awesome view of the mountain and river. The pool and hot tubs were beautiful.

• Reviewed: 13 June 2015

Hearing the stream at night.

We like everything about this property and have stayed at many Vail properties. We have stayed here 7 or 8 times for business conferences as well as to get away for a weekend stay.

Hearing the stream at night. Walking on a nice path by the river to town. The comfort for the price and the fact it is close to action but far enough to relax. The spa is fantastic for a massage and work out.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2015

Everything until last two days

You should have said at check in. Go to a different facility for your last two days. We are having a convention. I'm sick about it. I had such a great experience

Everything until last two days

• Reviewed: 22 March 2015

The ski concierge service, chair lift access, friendliness...

The bathroom does not match the picture shown on the website. The toilet was loose and the bathtub very small with a slow drainage.

The ski concierge service, chair lift access, friendliness and excellent customer service of the staff.

• Reviewed: 16 February 2015

Really close to the lift and the shuttle every ten minutes...

Not a really new hotel, but it doesn't matter

Really close to the lift and the shuttle every ten minutes to Vail downtown. The gym is great, also with tennis and basket court indoor

• Reviewed: 10 February 2015

Quiet rooms

Restaurant was obscenely expensive. The restaurant manager didn't care that his Kobe beef was marginal, at best. Very disappointed with the restaurant manager's approach to a reasonable observation about his offering. The meat was okay, not at all exceptional and certainly not worth what was charged. No offer of relief from the manager.

Quiet rooms

• Reviewed: 8 February 2015

unhappy with staff and service ,forced us to pay more for...

unhappy with staff and service ,forced us to pay more for larger unit as they did not have enough beds as per our booking.they know we were 6 of us . they blamed booking .com

• Reviewed: 8 February 2015

Great staff, great location and great amenities.

Some things needed updating, but you can definitely see they are really working on things. It's a wonderful work in progress!

Great staff, great location and great amenities. Just a 5 minute shuttle to downtown Vail. Very easy to navigate with an 8 and 10 year old. Atwater Restaurant had an awesome breakfast Buffett, (very fresh) and dinner was even more amazing. We met Tucker, (a Portuguese Water Dog) he is at work with his owner who sells the Penthouse residences at the hotel. Tucker is kind of what you call the "hotel dog", everyone knows and loves him. We were missing our family dog while on vacation and Tucker helped to fill that void. Great family vacation! We will definitely be going back, thank you Vail Cascade!!!!!

• Reviewed: 3 February 2015

We had a terrific time in the pool and playing basketball.

There wasn't any coffee in our room and the coffee in the cafe wasn't very good.

We had a terrific time in the pool and playing basketball. The hotel is beautiful and all the staff are working hard and so friendly.

• Reviewed: 15 January 2015

Location, room and service with skis concierge

Very expensive - over priced in my opinion almost just because of their location. They had two big events on whilst we stayed and the place was heaving the bar was packed and then a conference and if you happened to walk down a corridor when a speaker had just finished it was crazy especially if you were in your robe trying to get to and from the hot tub after a hard days skiing

Location, room and service with skis concierge

• Reviewed: 27 March 2016

Ski on ski off - fantastic dining - spacious rooms .

Loved it all

Ski on ski off - fantastic dining - spacious rooms ...down right amazing.

• Reviewed: 2 March 2016

No indoor pool

Great location. Great faculties.

• Reviewed: 25 February 2016

Lounge was too small

Lounge was too small

• Reviewed: 6 February 2016

Lift and Ski Service in house.

Lift and Ski Service in house.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2016

The location.

The room was tiny there weren't many amenities at all for the price.

The location. The proximity to everything. The activities for the kids.

• Reviewed: 15 January 2016

ski in and ski out

not value for money, generally old and need repair, windows don't keep temperature...

ski in and ski out

• Reviewed: 28 December 2015

Ski in ski out.

Ski in ski out.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2015

Everyone was really friendly, it was close to the slopes.

Everyone was really friendly, it was close to the slopes.

• Reviewed: 13 December 2015

Very comfortable bed and room and very friendly front desk...

Very comfortable bed and room and very friendly front desk staff. I also appreciated the free shuttles.

• Reviewed: 17 September 2015

The staff went above and beyond to make out stay amazing.

The staff went above and beyond to make out stay amazing.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2015

staff was friendly & helpful.

the resort is in dire need of a renovation. Old & beat up. Lots of families with young children(ie. noisy)

staff was friendly & helpful.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2015

The staff was friendly and helpful.

Having to leave.

The staff was friendly and helpful. The grounds were beautiful. The shuttle the the main attractions was convenient and timely.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2015

Pool, Gym, Hot Tub

Pool, Gym, Hot Tub

• Reviewed: 12 July 2015

It was a perfect place for us to get away for a few days and...

It was a perfect place for us to get away for a few days and enjoy the trails and mountain beauty all surrounding the cascades.

• Reviewed: 9 July 2015

All the people that worked there;

All the people that worked there; the breakfast buffet; the desserts; the fire pit; our room, etc., etc.

• Reviewed: 23 February 2015

Ski lift right at the hotel.

Ski lift right at the hotel. Good shuttle to village,

• Reviewed: 22 February 2015

Chair lift and restaurants

The sofa bed uncomfortable

Chair lift and restaurants

• Reviewed: 22 February 2015

Nice comfortable facilities

Not close to village centre but shuttle service handy

Nice comfortable facilities

• Reviewed: 30 January 2015

Spa services

Bed and cheap pillows

Spa services

• Reviewed: 28 January 2015

Everything was perfect from the surroundings to the staff...

Everything was perfect from the surroundings to the staff and amenities--bar, pool, hot tub, chair lift, etc.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2015

Location Hot tub

• Reviewed: 2 January 2015

people and access to ski lift

loud furnace made it difficult to sleep

people and access to ski lift

There are also 21 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Showing 1 – 59