Reviews of Hotel Valencia Santana Row 4 stars

#4 of 70 hotels in San Jose

• Reviewed: 16 October 2018

Love the location.
    • Traditional Double Room

Love the location. Check in was easy. Front desk was friendly and very accommodating to my request of needing my 2 rooms next to each other. Breakfast was great and lovely spending it outside in the courtyard. Rooms are clean and spacious. Will be back again.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

The breakfast is really great!
    • Traditional King Room

I had to ask the front desk to tell me about the area... since it was out first visit.

The breakfast is really great! We loved our room and the view out over the square where everyone was hanging out in the evening.

Very nice, but bring ear plugs.
    • Traditional King Room

This room was very noisy...we’ve stayed here before. Will request an interior courtyard room next time.

Early check-in. Room service pizza. Location. Best hotel with close proximity to SJC.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Sleek, Modern, and Stylish Stay
    • Traditional King Room

Valet parking could have been cheaper than $29 per night.

Complimentary hot and continental breakfast, choice of scrambled eggs, country potatoes, sausage, bread pudding, assorted cereals, oatmeal, yogurt, cheeses, deli meats, fresh fruit, yogurt, coffee, juice, donuts, English muffins, bagels, and spreads. Loved the heated pool on roof top deck and just the right pool depth at 4 ft. for my little one with outdoor shower, hot tub, and terrace overlooking Santana Row. Complimentary daily morning newspaper. Central to shopping.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

We stay here quite a bit.
    • Traditional Double Room

We stay here quite a bit. Usually for my husbands work. Always enjoy it. This time in particular we were here for pleasure and our room was upgraded (we paid with a different name/card so not a loyalty thing). It was a nice surprise and a much nicer room. Anyway beautiful grounds, rooftop bar, and of course breakfast.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

They upgraded me to suite.
    • Traditional Double Room

They upgraded me to suite. It’s a beautiful place. Food room service was gourmet. The only complaint is that there are no USB ports anywhere in the room.

Bad experience
    • Traditional Double Room

1. (i) the hotel is located at the third floor, (ii) the food is of poor quality, (iii) the restauration is poorly organized and the service is kind and efficient in one restaurant and unpleasant and inefficient in the other, (iv) no rental movie offer and (v) the swimming pool is small and on the roof where the pictures taken by the hotel lead one to believe that it is quite large with no indication that it is on the roof.

Leaving the hotel !

Very comfortable bed.
    • Traditional King Room

A little slow on picking up room service dirty dished

Very comfortable bed. Outstanding complimentary breakfast. Oveja Negra restaurant and the courtyard setting

Loved our stay besides the staff.
    • Traditional King Room

The staff was not friendly or informative when we checked in. I heard the front desk staff explain all of the amenities and directions to their room, wifi password, etc. to the guest in front of me. When I checked in, the front desk women just handed me the keys to our room and said nothing else. We had to call down later in the night to get all of the information. She was not friendly or welcoming at all.

Really enjoyed the room and the location is amazing in the center of Santana Row. I loved the morning complimentary breakfast - great options and super delicious! The room was also very nice and the hotel is beautiful!

Wow what a gem - we will be back.
    • Traditional King Room

The hotel service was excellent and the hole staff so nice. The bed was the best ever and the hotel bar where we had drinks and finger food was out of this world good.

Impressed with the hotel & staffs.
    • Traditional King Room

Would like to see the company offers promotion discounts for loyal clients.

Our ac unit blew a fuse. The staff helped with the problem early in the wee morning so my polar bear husband can sleep.

I would never pay stay here again. It just screens greed
    • Traditional King Room

The parking situation was beyond awkward. I was e-mailed a vip questionnaire, I assumed I would get an amenity and possibly a upgrade as it was on the form. I asked upon check in and the just handed me a woman's business card and said "she will be in tomorrow" too late as we were there for 1 night. Not a, what can I do for you. I'm sure a manager was there. $400, tiny room with a terrible view. Trees from some side street. I would have stayed elsewhere If I knew that. This place will nickle and dime you.Dont use the Keurig provided. Its $4 a pod. They set you up for it. No where to park, $24 a night with them by valet. It just has a overall bad feel to it. Its not the money, its the lack of hospitality I'm not happy with.

Santana row was the ideal location due to our event we were there for.

It can get a bit noisy at night since it's on Santana Row. Aside from that it was fine. We had plans to be out that night so it didn't bother us.

Location was outstanding. We were going the flashlight tour at the Winchester house and it's within walking distance.

The Complimentary breakfast was wonderful.
    • Traditional Double Room

The beds were a bit small, and a bit uncomfortable. That's the only negative, other than that, this Hotel will be revisited by myself, friends and family again and again. We truly enjoyed ourselves.

The Complimentary breakfast was wonderful. The Hospitality by the staff was excellent.

Modern Lively Hotel on The Row
    • Traditional King Room

Can be lively in and around the hitel

It has a nice modern chic twist and is vibrant. Rooms are great clean and breakfast is really good. Pool and roof terrace are a real bonus

Poor judgment to do such construction works between 7-9AM

I was staying at the Valencia hotel dozens of times in the last ~5years... I stopped coming to the hotel about a year ago since there where endless construction improvements being made in the patio and the noise and mess was intolerable... I decided to try again and came in back to Valencia and suddenly this morning the construction improvements are here again... BUT today even more noisy and it started 7AM and lasted till 9AM... - it was impossible to have breakfast as it was at the entrance to the breakfast place - I think that its a very poor judgment to do such construction works between 7-9AM instead starting it at 9AM when most hotel guests go to work or so...

Excellent modern hotel right on Santana Row.

No car park but there’s one within a two minute walk.

Fantastic modern hotel on the popular Santana Row with good access to all major roads. Rooms are very well presented and thought out, most have a small balcony. Air conditioning is quiet and just works. Directv in room. Good WiFi.

disappointing
    • Traditional King Room

absolutely no sound insulation....bathroom was terrible...asked me if I wanted a high floor at check in and gave me the lowest floor...when questioned, she said she was having a bad day

good location

Had a wonderful stay!
    • Traditional King Room

Liked the music at the V bar but no dance floor. Could of extended music to courtyard and have a smoking area. No special for anniversary that was noted when room reserved.

Nice rooms with balcony. Onsite bar and 24 hour room service!

Great place. Good restaurants. Local San Jose info hard to come by so investigate before you go

Not clear in description how far from downtown - ie not walkable. However good bus service available once you’ve worked it out! Couldn’t get a map of San Jose from anywhere Hotel staff gave mixed advice about availability of free parking with at least one trying to sell $24 per night valet parking and denying free self park

Extensive breakfast included in room rate nice pool area. Great location for Santana Row neighbourhood. Free self park available

Relaxing getaway.
    • Traditional King Room

Small things like missing screws from wall mounts near bathroom. A few stains on dressers and bed frame. Very minor things that kept it from a perfect 5.0. nothing that would keep me from coming back again though.

Helpful and kind staff, relaxing and quiet rooms. Good breakfast and location. A good relaxing "getaway".

Location location location!
    • Traditional King Room

Breakfast menu to be updated! Unexpected fire drill in the middle of the night - I understand that the appropriate safety actions needed to be taken. But it really disturb a much needed rest and I didn’t need the unnecessary stress. A more clear explanation of what happen would be good.

Location location location! The hotel staff were all very professionals and very helpful. Happy to see a safety box in the room. Renovations to lobby is nice.

I wish we could have stayed longer.
    • Traditional King Room

The restaurant had a limited selection and the bar felt more like a club than a lounge (loud music and dark lighting).

Very beautiful, comfortable and convenient hotel.

great room, Vbar and excellent location

breakfast is a good but a bit bland and repetitive..could do with changes every day or a freshly cooked omelettes bar etc

Excellent location in Santana Row & good rooms

Excellent, would stay at the Valencia again.
    • Traditional King Room

My husband likes the room cold, most hotels have it set at a specific temperature and you don't have the access to change it. this room was comfortable.

Overall it was a good stay

Unfortunately someone on the roof top bar pulled the fire alarm and we all had to evacuate at 2am that was horrid I was in a robe and if was freezing out

Very accommodating and everyone was friendly shops are all walking distance and they have room service all night

Worth the trip.

The balcony was very very small.

The bed was comfortable. The breakfast was very tasty and the hotel's surroundings were filled with shops and eateries.

Will stay there again as location is unbeatable. But will skip breakfast...
    • Traditional Double Room

Let itself down with appalling wifi speeds and coverage. Breakfast was underwhelming. Missed picking up my laundry / cleaning my room on one day (and there was no DND sign)

Really good location and property itself is nice. Gym was ok too.

Dissapointing. Nice location and premium price should have been a better experience
    • Traditional Double Room

This is a wannabe hotel. Nice location, but dirty room, dirty hallways (room service carts left for 24hs) plus VERY small double beds made stay unpleasant. "Double" beds can barely fit one person. For the price, not worth it.

At Santana Row

Service has dropped drastically over the years, complacency. They lost the my laundry for three days and I was still charged for it when they did find it

Had a great surprise bday stay at the hotel every Accommodation was wonderful except for the action
    • Traditional King Room

Everything was finne Just the food options We don’t eat pork

Loved everything. But my boyfriend doesn’t eat any pok so I wish that you would have more options for breakfast

Excellent location for shops, restaurants and museums and optimum security in hotel.
    • Traditional King Room

A little noisy being on fourth floor above wedding party band. Would ask for higher floor next time.

Excellent from valet to staff to room service. Best buffet breakfast was included. Immaculate and great location for walking to shops and restaurants. Close to museums.

Very nice location. Lots to do.
    • Traditional King Room

Elevators were pretty slow and though we called ahead for our car the day of checkout, we had to wait a considerable amount of time for it.

The complimentary breakfast was unexpected and really great.

My second stay was just as enjoyable as the first time
    • Traditional King Room

The only thing I didnt like had to do with Booking. com not the hotel. Booking.com stated my total price would be one thing and I got to the hotel and paid $100 more without ordering any extras at the hotel. That was disappointing, but not the fault of the hotel. So, I just wont use Booking.com anymore.

The hotel staff went out of their way to accomodate any request I had. I do appreciate that. It was my second stay and I am looking forward to my next trip there.

Wonderful Stay! Shopper's dream!
    • Traditional King Room

At night the music from the bar was a little loud and some noisy guests returning to their rooms was a bit disturbing but not the hotel's fault. Though the breakfast was great, the eggs were green which was a concern. Someone explained that it was due to them being organic...skipped the eggs needless to say.

The staff was excellent, very professional and friendly. I had a special request and it was granted and very much appreciated. The room was stylish and comfy and clean. We ordered room service and the food was amazing! We ate like Kings! The location was perfect (shopper's dream) and the continental breakfast was great as well. We felt the price was very fair with all the perks and the location and the superb customer service. We enjoyed our stay very much and will be staying at the Hotel Valencia in the future!

Wonderful Hotel
    • Traditional Double Room

My only criticism: poor quality toilet paper. :(

Beautiful hotel. Pleasant environment. Surrounded by great restaurants and shops. Accommodating staff.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

Great stay although not as kid/family-friendly as advertised on many websites and magazines
    • Traditional Double Room

The V bar was confusing. We had our daughter with us, we barely ever travel, so we wanted to enjoy ourselves for 20 minutes and have A drink at one of the lounge tables. At the bar were told it is not a problem as long as we leave by 9pm. Then some not very friendly security person came to me at the bar telling me the opposite that the child can't be there, that was after I ordered the cocktails. We, parents, also want to have normal life sometimes. If the kids are not allowed at the hotel bar area before 9pm, then this shouldn't be a kid-friendly hotel as advertised. The hallway by our room smelled like someone's smoking. The room heating was very loud. The pool area guests were not happy about our kid (who was not bothering anyone), most people seemed snooty.

Wonderful breakfast options, fresh and healthy food. We didn't eat dinner at the hotel restaurant. The pool area is cute, but a little tight. Right on Santana Row. Easy parking, free, at the nearby garage.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Our favorite place to stay in San Jose!
    • Traditional King Room

The food brought to us from room service was very underwhelming. Will not be ordering room service again.

Loved everything else!!! Morning breakfast, big room, balcony, atmosphere, staff, pool. It was all great. Especially the location!

Pleasant stay, but terrible greeter at the restaurant.
    • Traditional King Room

Extremely rude greeter at the restaurant. The server was excellent, but the lady who greeted us at the door was terrible. It seemed like we were an annoyance for her to deal with.

Location. Design.

Great Location for a Staycation
    • Traditional King Room

The breakfast was extremely crowded and insane. Maybe we came down at the peak time, but the line was long and the inside space was very small.

The bed was literally a cloud, hands down the most comfortable hotel bed I have ever slept in. The Traditional king room was perfect for my boyfriend and I. Decent view, responsive thermostat. The V bar was great, the internal court yard has an amazing ambiance. Over all, it was a great experience.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

Everything.
    • Traditional King Room

That they we're fully booked and I couldn't get upgraded to a room with a balcony, although I requested one. Not a big deal

Everything. The staff were friendly the area is perfect the room was big and clean. Nice amenities great shower. Enjoyed the jacuzzi and especially the free breakfast was 10/10. I stayed for by birthday so they gave me a free water and creme brûlée:) Overall this was a great stay I wil definitely be back.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

The continental breakfast
    • Traditional King Room

Playing music in courtyard at 5 am. I like fresh air, sleep with open windows, and the music woke me. Music in the elevator lobbies is annoying. Guests don't require aural entertainment 24/7. Heavy sliding bathroom door got stuck in closed position, required both of us to wrestle open.

The continental breakfast Location in heart of Santana Row Good shower Spacious room

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Great Place for a Girls Weekend Get Away!
    • Traditional Double Room

The rooms were clean, the beds comfy and the breakfast was more than just coffee and danishes. They had a nice variety of breakfast items from hot oatmeal to scrambled eggs and ham. And a great locations for a girls weekend get away.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

bad experience in general
    • Traditional Double Room

The staff were not very friendly. Rooms were not cleaned well. Breakfast place were packed with people, hard to find a place to sit. Room decoration was not good, dont know why they use so much black color. Anyway, nothing matchea our expectation to a high end hotel.

The location is pretty good. Close to the shops and a free parking garage.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Early morning on Santana Row was fun.
    • Traditional King Room

This is the noisiest hotel I have ever stayed in. The room was average- and for this reason the hotel is extremely over-priced. I expected much more. We left for the entire day on Saturday and our room was not made up at 4:30pm. We never had our bed made and only received clean towels. Over-priced.

Early morning on Santana Row was fun... quiet and beautiful.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

Lots of fine looking females

Valley parking people is so nice and they do a very good job they need a 100% raise

Lots of fine looking females

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Breakfast, large selection, but quality could be improved...
    • Traditional Double Room

Breakfast, large selection, but quality could be improved concerning selection.

good food and clean enviroment

none

good location

Fabulous
    • Traditional King Room

Nothing! I was very pleased with everything!!!

Fantastic hotel!!! Great room and the continental breakfast was amazing!

Granddaughters graduation
    • Traditional King Room

Only issue was shower head small.

Clean comfortable and inviting. Staff helpful and great attitude toward guests.

Location is the best .

It feels like it should cost 200-250 $ but it was 411 too much for it

Location is the best .

Not as good as the first time we stayed there in February but still looking forward to our return.

The view from the balcony

Staff and management

Fitness room

Staff and management

great

wellness/Fitness limited

The pool and small meeting space

No gift shop

The pool and small meeting space

Beautiful hotel. Fantastic location.
    • Traditional Double Room

The service and attention of the concierge was outstanding.

The bathroom doors in the rooms were not private at all!
    • Traditional Double Room

The bathroom doors in the rooms were not private at all! They were also very loud when opening and closing.

Nice location. Clean room.
    • Traditional King Room

Big party in next room.Noise late at night. Had to call security. Buffet breakfast room way too small.

Nice room. View of courtyard

Loved staying in central location and excellent staff.

Bathroom outdated

Location, breakfast, excellent staff.

We will definitely be back!
    • Traditional King Room

The breakfast in the morning

Beautiful rooms and awesome location.
    • Traditional King Room

Beautiful rooms and awesome location. Plenty of shopping and dinning around

Bathroom

Getaway

Parking

Best place in San Jose
    • Traditional King Room

Rooms are big, location is great.. Get a balcony.

Great place at a great location

The toilet in our room made a hi pitch squill everytime we...
    • Traditional King Room

The toilet in our room made a hi pitch squill everytime we flushed.

Great hotel to stay at if going to Santana Row

Bed is big and really comfortable; breakfast is amazing.

I well be back to this great place... love it! happy day 😊
    • Traditional Double Room

Location to get to restaurant shopping an great people!!!

Location was fantastic. Well we back😜

Nice, but not peaceful!

Room was not quiet.

Location was great. Staff was very efficient.

Loved it! Would go back
    • Traditional King Room

The breakfast spread was excellent

Gorgeous hotel and reasonably priced. The free continental breakfast was more than expected.
    • Traditional Double Room

The place was beautiful and very clean.

This hotel in located in Santana Row, great shopping and...
    • Traditional King Room

This hotel in located in Santana Row, great shopping and restaurants all walking distance. Just Fabulous!

Nice but noisy

TOO NOISY. Unless you like 2:30 am partying going on in your hotel

Fun location in the daytime

Absolutely perfect location right on Santana Row...
    • Traditional King Room

Absolutely perfect location right on Santana Row couldn't have asked for better.

Best in San Jose