Reviews of Hotel Valley Ho 4 stars

6850 East Main Street, Scottsdale, AZ 85251, USA

#11 of 78 hotels in Scottsdale

A charming historic place with cheerful decor, a fabulous pool; not filled with 'hip' clientele.
    • Studio King

The staff is un-even. Most are well trained in hospitality, and totally delightful. A few don't really understand how to approach or handle guests with 4 Diamond guest expectations (too casual, defensive about feedback, ungracious)

This is such a charming place, and very close to lots of shopping/dining in Scottsdale.

Best hotel we have ever stayed in! Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!

Leaving......

Mid-century vibe was great and the room was more than we could imagine. Definitely will be returning again and bringing the adult kids-I know they would love it.

My bestie and I had a blast on her birthday!
    • Tower Signature Double

My room rate wasn’t great. Was hoping for a better rate.

Loved being texted to see if I needed anything. Great, friendly staff behind the bar. Tons of towels at the pool. The staff who brought us water while we were poolside were great!

Old town Scottsdale is a little dull
    • King Room with Pool View

I didn't like that we were given two comp drink and the bartender Shane did not take off both cocktails as comp, but one cocktail and one beer. Also never went to the bigger pool because the choice of music was loud and not pleasing.

The bed was comfy and our "quiet small pool" was steps away.

This definitely made the top 3 list!
    • Standard King Room

The only con is that we didn’t book a longer stay!

This definitely made the top 3 list! This hotel is beautiful, clean, and close to everything in old town (but not too close that you have to deal with the party-goers and traffic). We stayed in a signature king - comfortable bed, large sized room, lots of mirrors (this important to me as a female haha), fully stocked mini bar (prices are high like a can of soda was $3.50 and a fireball shooter was $6, but there’s a Circle K around the corner that sells alcohol...), super clean, one of the best hotel toiletries I’ve used, and there was a balcony! The pool was really nice - the DJ on Saturday played good music and Sunday is open to the public so it was more family like. We definitely will boo our stay here again!

Everything!
    • Tower Signature Double

Everything!!! Staff amazing!!!! Love the vintage but modern look!!! Food was delicious (although A bit pricey) and the location was on point!!! Awesome place for families and singles 😁👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

Awesome.
    • King Room with Pool View

During this stay the rate was twice what we had paid previously so may try somewhere else if trend continues but still it's a great property.

Staff extremely friendly and attentive, property very clean and rooms very comfortable

Excellent location.
    • Studio King

Nothing that I didn't like.

Excellent location. Very close to the Scottsdale historic, shopping and entertainment district. Very cool 50's renovated building with two great pools, great bar and restaurant. The rooms were spacious with big beds and unique decoration. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Nice but I probably won’t stay there again.
    • Standard King Room

Unfortunately at the pool party my boyfriend and I were skipped at the bar when all of the other ppl received service. We were literally the last ppl standing there and still had to ask for help.

The hotel is crazy close to just about anything you could ever want.

Overall, a great hotel with friendly staff, fun atmosphere, food and great location in Scottsdale.

Too many locals are given access to the pool on fridays and weekends. They are not paying for cabanas or daybeds but monopolize the bar area and take up prime lounge chairs by the pool. The hotel advertises that pool party on weekends for hotel guests only or rental of cabanas and day beds so this was disappointing. This is my 4th stay at this hotel and the number of locals seems to have increased.

The staff are friendly and happy to help you. Very cool vibe, decor and great food. Fun pool atmosphere, caters to adults. The service at the pool is top notch, they work hard and most are always friendly and smiling, fun DJs on weekend. Easy walk or take a golf cart to great restaurants and bars in old town.

Enjoyed and will return
    • Superior King Room

Earlier housekeeping services

Great staff; good food/service ; comfy room and hip decor; great location for walking; no need to rent a car and took Uber or bikes to more distant destinations

The staff were the best part of the stay along with location to old town.
    • Studio King

The price in comparison to what I expected esp the first night. I had a king room facing the parking lot for over $530. Ridiculously expensive. Moved to a fourth floor. Better but was not informed that I would pay $100 extra for a Friday night. Would I go back to the hotel? It depends on price and location of room. Would I recommend the hotel to friends? I would caution them on reviewing the price and type of room first. On the promo website there was no option but to chose the king room. That choice was not productive in my search for a better deal at your hotel

The staff were exceptional and the location to old town was perfect. The rule re noise was also good.

Cool hotel, but expensive
    • Standard King Room

Reception staff appeared a bit disinterested, and wait staff seem to be not well trained. Our waiter was a nice guy keen to help and came over to check on us, but didn't notice that the wine glasses were empty. Not a big deal really, but it suggests there is not much training going on. Very expensive rate in winter when its too cold to use the pool. I expected there would be more to justify the price.

Beautiful room, spacious, designer. Very cool, as was the whole hotel.

An Amazing Stylish Hotel with a great staff and a great location!
    • King Room with Pool View

There is nothing to really complain about. If I have to recommend something I would have them keep the pool bar open later.. but it closes around sundown which makes sense.

The decor is Amazing! The staff breathes hospitality, and the location is fantastic! This is one of my favorite hotels in the country. Located in the middle of Old Town Scottsdale it’s walking distance to everything. Super Pet Friendly.. and no pet fees or weight limitations!!

Cool Desert Oasis with 5 star service and amenities
    • Standard King Room

Amazing retro inspired resort. Rooms are large and unique. Service first rate and everyone was helpful and friendly. Food at restaurant was fantastic!

Rooms, pool and location are cool, Parking sucks
    • Standard King Room

Bathroom floor could have been cleaner but the real issue at this hotel is the parking. They charge almost $20 for parking overnight in a lot which is mainly empty anyways. After complaining, they told me that you can park on the street for free, which is right behind the parking lots and not too far of a walk. Also, a separate company runs the charges for parking / valet so that is not cool. Don't like surprises, when I expected to park in the almost vacant parking lot for the price of the room.

Rooms are larger than most and balconies are a plus. The pools are great, but wish they had more than 2 swimming lanes in the lap pool. The fountain pool that you can go into is different and cool. Location is great for old town Scottsdale.

Interesting.
    • Standard King Room

The blanket on the bed gave me a rash. The front desk gave me incorrect information regarding extended checkout. This was later corrected. Need better lawn chairs at the pool, and better food selection for room service. Room service also had to call me to re-verify my order four times for one lunch item.

I loved the decor, the shower and the amenities. I liked early check in, poolside bar service, and late checkout option.

I loved the pool party and the staff.
    • Standard King Room

When we woke up the first morning, we noticed dog hair all over our bed. We called downstairs twice to have all of our bedding changed. No one called to check on us after this. It was pretty gross waking up to this the first morning of our vacation and with no follow up.

I loved the pool party and the staff. Everyone was really sweet.

Cool Mid Century modern design.
    • Standard King Room

Cool Mid Century modern design. Staff was very nice, but I didn't like that there wasn't coffee available in the lobby. Would return to the hotel for vacation.

The smell right when you walked in the Lobby was refreshing.

I wish we could have been on the first floor.

The smell right when you walked in the Lobby was refreshing. The cool articles about the history of the property and of course all the cool Mid-Century furniture. I really like that when the renovated it they kept the integrity of the original design. The pool staff and spa staff were very helpful and welcoming.

hotel isn't what it seems
    • King Room with Pool View

A roach crawled on my foot while I was getting ready in front of the mirror, my friend that lived close by wanted to go to the pool and while we were there the service was very slow and then in the end the food that we ordered was terrible and the drinks we had were pretty bad and not worth it, especially for how long we had to wait just to get our server to come over and then wait again for everything to come out.. me and some friends went out to scottsdale and when they dropped me off, my key card wouldn't open the outside gate so, I couldnt get to my room and I ended up needing to jump the fence in a dress and heels. Not sure if I even want to stay here again.

The pillows were amazing, loved the style of the room, and I really liked having a patio! The location was also convenient being right by old town!

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Extremely friendly and accommodating staff throughout.
    • Tower Signature King

Our first room in the tower (3rd Floor) facing the street was located above the HVAC and was very loud on the balcony. The staff moved our room immediately to a location over the pool and it was perfect!

Extremely friendly and accommodating staff throughout. Very reasonable prices on food and beverage.

The Valley Ho

Everything was what I wanted.

The staff was exceptional! The food was great and the passion fruit mule is the best drink in Scottsdale! It's an amazing throwback to old world Hollywood but without pretension. I would highly recommend this to all of my friends and family!

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Favorite hotel in Scottsdale!

Parking expensive

The grounds are beautiful. The staff wonderful. Restaurant fun and food delicious. This is a great hotel if traveling with small dog

• Reviewed: 4 April 2017

Loved the décor and the facility.
    • Standard King Room

The pillows are very large and fat, I would prefer a smaller pillow.

Loved the décor and the facility. The staff was very nice particularly the porters. The front staff is a little stiff. The location is a great with a Old Town just a short walk. Restaurants are very close by and all we tried were great.

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

FUN and Creative!

Not enough chairs in the sun...but that is only because of the time of year.

Great bed and rooms were super comfy and fun. Loved the mood lighting over the bathtub!

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

Lovely property - very cool and great location.
    • Tower Signature King

The beds could have been softer for the price of the property.

The decor, food, staff are wonderful. Stayed in the tower with a gorgeous view of the mountains.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

Great Hotel for vacation
    • Tower Signature Double

No ice machine on the floor we stayed, they were downstairs only. The fridge was small & stocked full to where I could not put any of my own items.

The gym & pool were very nice. The room had a modern style that we liked.

Great Staycation for us- best ever

Rooms are large and comfortable. Deep tub and separate shower. Get a room with a patio- it is wonderful. Great soap, shampoo and body lotion and coffee was excellent in the room. Food at Cafe Zu Zu is excellent- try the crispy tamales with eggs for breakfast. Staff was wonderful- everyone. And big and well equipped fitness center- and near old Scottsdale which is a wonderful place to visit.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

Excellent hotel and great service!

I didnt like paying for parking or that there wasnt a free shuttle service to area bars/restaurants.

The bedding was fabulous. Restaurant food amazing. Pool was a blast and had beautiful daybeds if you got there early enough to get one. Everything was amazing! Will be going back!!!

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

The chair sucked

The outdoor walkway to the room was far from fancy for the price (tacky poor painted block walls), the chair in the room was very awkward (there was only one provided in the room), I wasn't aware of the mandatory vallet (this point could be my fault for not researching it though)

Modern bathroom, great room service, pre-stocked mini-fridge, cocktail shaker

We can’t wait to go again.
    • Studio King

We can’t wait to go again. It was wonderful!

• Superior King Room

Location. Ambiance. Decor. Vibe

Super fun

Bed a little hard

Spacious room. Cool pool party with live dj. Great food in restaurant

So fun!!

Yummy eggs

rooms - decor - pool - food - drinks, were all excellent,...
    • King Room with Pool View

rooms - decor - pool - food - drinks, were all excellent, the people/staff were fantastic!

Great size rooms, very clean grounds, pool is a lot of fun.
    • King Room with Pool View

Great size rooms, very clean grounds, pool is a lot of fun.

Enjoyed my stay!
    • Standard King Room

Wasn't impressed with the food.

Room was very nice, clean and comfy!

location is fine -pool area is great -breakfast was good -out buildings need updating badly
    • King Room with Pool View

rooms away from main building -very tired-need updating

pool area

Coolest place ever!

Retro chic - great vibe

Scrapping chair sounds resonate thru bldg at night

Very cool retro vibe.

Very cool retro vibe.

I rented a room for my daughter's birthday. She invited a bunch of friends. The property is amazing.
    • Tower Signature Double

My daughter had her birthday party with her friends. She said the room was amazing, and the bed was heaven!!!

The people are warm, welcoming and wonderfully helpful.
    • King Room with Pool View

The people are warm, welcoming and wonderfully helpful...oh, and the seared scallops were a dream.

Mod
    • King Room with Pool View

Great atmosphere and great staff

Great vibe-room was awesome.
    • Studio King

Great vibe-room was awesome. Best restaurant we went to was at the hotel.

Staff was very pleasant, room were very comfortable and...
    • Standard King Room

Staff was very pleasant, room were very comfortable and clean, good location

Room was very comfortable.
    • Standard King Room

The food was a bit pricey and I don’t love the look of the hotel overall but my stay was great.

Room was very comfortable.

Excellent location, fun holiday decor
    • Standard King Room

Rooms are spacious, well appointed and so very quiet

Awesome

nice place

Great spacious rooms, balcony, interesting architecture and...
    • Standard King Room

Great spacious rooms, balcony, interesting architecture and heritage.

Very relaxing and so much fun
    • Standard King Room

Hotel was recommended by friends and everything was amazing. Walking distance from old town.

A Bit pricey and they charged for outside parking.
    • Studio King

A Bit pricey and they charged for outside parking.

Beautiful bliss and relaxing

Awesome totally awesome.

Super friendly staff!
    • King Room with Pool View

Super friendly staff! Funky modern retro decor!

Great property, amazing service, good restaurants, nice...
    • Standard King Room

Great property, amazing service, good restaurants, nice rooms with a comfy bed!

Awesome!!

The modern retro decor!

Beautiful vibe

Beautiful vibe

Restaurant was exceptional
    • King Room with Pool View

Pool party was too rowdy for my taste

Restaurant was exceptional

Everything!
    • Studio King

Everything!!!! The pool cheap drinks the food!

#35th Anniversary
    • Standard King Room

Right in Old Town Scottsdale!!!

Super cool hotel aesthetically

Trip too short

Super cool hotel aesthetically

Staff was great and room was very nice
    • Studio King

A little noisy at the main pool for my tastes but he quieter pool suited nicely.

Staff was great and room was very nice

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

Very retro style hotel lots of great colors wonderful...

Not a damn thing!!!

Very retro style hotel lots of great colors wonderful floorplans just a great vibe

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

Chic fit hip
    • Standard King Room

The laid back and hip chic at the same time. The hotel is great for a romantic get away or friends and family. Great restaurant and gym.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

All staff was very nice and helpful.
    • Tower Signature King

All staff was very nice and helpful.

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

Quirky hip hotel.

Some staff not interested and service not very welcoming.

big comfy rooms Two pools to choose from, quiet or lively.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

Front-desk staff was not that friendly.
    • Standard King Room

Front-desk staff was not that friendly. Specifically, the females.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Loved this place for a sisters weekend.

15$ surcharge for a fridge seemed silly.

The service- in particular the valet and concierge, were awesome! Great local advice.

• Reviewed: 29 July 2016

Impressed
    • Standard King Room

I was very impressed with our stay and will for sure come back

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Great Getaway
    • Standard King Room

Food excellent, cocktails on point, rooms were clean and bed comfy.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

The staff and service was excellent!
    • Standard King Room

Pool got a little crowded

The staff and service was excellent!!!

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

Loved staying at Hotel Valley Ho! Probably my favorite hotel in Scottsdale.
    • Standard King Room

The hotel is beautiful and the location is great!

• Reviewed: 24 May 2016

The restaurant was very good at the hotel.

The serving staff and bartenders were very nice but the front desk staff were not very friendly and seemed to be confused at times.

The restaurant was very good at the hotel.

• Reviewed: 22 May 2016

Great location with a view of Camelback Mountain, surrounded...

Bed, though large, was a bit on the soft side. I prefer firm beds.

Great location with a view of Camelback Mountain, surrounded by restaurants and cafes. Fantastic, cheerful and very helpful staff. Room was spacious and decor was hipster vintage.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2016

Pool bathrooms are always a challenge on a busy weekend, this one was no exception.

Location is great. Great vibe. Very, very nice room. Good DJ at pool.

There are also 60 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.