Reviews of Valley Inn 3 stars

10621 Sepulveda Boulevard, Mission Hills, CA 91345, USA

#1 of 1 hotels in Mission Hills

• Reviewed: 21 October 2018

Bed was good

They make a big deal if you smoking in a room that they will charge you$200.00 (BUT) the house keeper left me a dirty desk drawer that has cigarette ashes in it! and can they get light bulbs with any lower wattage? expect dark and seedy rooms :) But for the most part its not a bad place except for the trash company emptying dumpsters at like 5:45AM

Bed was good

• Reviewed: 16 October 2018

Good spot

Really have no complaints

• Reviewed: 16 October 2018

NICE COMFY SPOT

Some of the costumers that were staying there was kind obnoxious and loud but other than that i have no complaints

Costumer Service Was Wonderful Employee Cindy At The Front Desk was extra helpful and very nice. And I loved there breakfast waffles they are bomb and you make them yourself. The beds were very comfortable and the rooms are very huge and nice. The bathrooms were also very spacious and you have your own little patio.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

We like the staff there are accomadating and excellent when...

There's a few people wearing hoody walking and siting around the area and its look like doing bad stuff there. It's scare a lot of people especially when you see a people like that in the area. You think it not safe to stay there.

We like the staff there are accomadating and excellent when its come to customer service. The room are clean and big. The breakfast are good.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

I'd rather stay the week in a jail cell!

I have nothing good to say about Valley Inn. I think it should be closed for business. Unless you're low class people don't even thunk about staying there!!

The place is disgusting! I'm don't get surprised often but, I would rather sleep in my car. The bedding wasn't changed...i could tell because the multiple cigarette burns in the top blanket Burt through and matched the bottom blanket and sheet. The bathroom counter had a big chunk broke off and was just put back together. Not fixed just sitting there. I felt Luke I was being set up for damages I would have to pay for. The place is dirty. I'm pretty certain the guy hanging out in the back lived there and was a drug dealer! There was no way I was letting my wife stay there!! Luckily I was refunded my money for what was supposed to be an eleven day stay no questions asked. As a matter of fact the clerk didn't seem surprised.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Its an older place needs some TLC But ok for the money.

Had to change room. Lights over the bed didn't work (AND) Tv didn't work and one roach in bathroom.

Internet seemed fast and parking is behind a gated area.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

All in all it was a great stay for the value of the rooms.

I didn't like how dirty the bathroom showers were they were pretty gross. Also we had light fixtures broken so not great lighting.

I loved the comfortness of the rooms and the availability to relax outside of the room with the family without having problems.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Great hotel

Pool looks abandoned, pillows are everywhere, I see trash everywhere around the pool. For breakfast I was expecting to find scrambled eggs and bacon , that's part of the continental menu, also remember lots o people we are changing a eating habits, it will be great to have sugar free food.

Employees are kind, quietness place, family friendly. Breakfast ok. Very clean room. Housekeeping are very kind when you ask for extra support Location is great. Thank you valley inn. Will come back again for sure.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

The prices are competitive but not enough to bring v

Since the hotel is in an area that is not entirely a sought after destination, I think adding additional perks for travelers, such as ...... extending the breakfast hours for those of us that are not early risers or who want to sleep in.

The large patio door and balcony over looking over the pool was pleasant. The check in process is relatively easy.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

very poor

was not worth our money the area looks shady and unsafe the hotel is dirty esp the rooms we had to switch rooms because the bathroom toilet seat was broken and the lamp the carpet is so filthy really needs some TLC everywhere not recommending nor coming back

Dissatisfied

The place was very dirty had cockroches and the staff did nothing about the children running and screaming at 1 am as well as the adults hving loud conversations oitside our patio door. We were waken by people bumping our door at 530 am for a photo shoot in the hall..not sure why or for what reason.. breakfast was awful..very small portions cup for coffee was a 4 oz cup there was only mini rolls and no fruit very difficult breakfast for those with medical issues. For the price i expected cleaner and the ability to sleep.

It was close to the location i needed to be and the wonderful gas station ttendant next door was very friendly and welcoming hich is more than i can say for the hotel.

Horrible horrible

Parking is horrible, carpet is disgusting in the room! Once I opened the blinds the carpet started to smell like pee in an instantly! Im guessing from the sun coming through.. the bathtub was musty & has residue of mold ... breakfast now we came down at 9:am only to find out it was over! Rude latin lady was just on her cellphone picking everything up ignored me when i asked what time bkfast done being available.. & just continued talking on her cellphone! Never again will i come back here

Nothing was even close to being liked

They send us to the back of the building, the trash cans...

They send us to the back of the building, the trash cans where next to the stairs, a simple look you can see how duty will be you room, once we get in the room the smell of dirt as in the air, I personal not recommend this place for not body.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Maintenance is very rude and didn't fix the leak

due to leak in the bathroom ceiling made a complaint about it on a friday didnt get checked until saturday afternoon.. Did advice them i had fell down rushed to the doctors because im pregnant.. At the end i was asked to leave the property

staff was so unfriendly i requested a roll away for the 10 year old staying with us in the room because on the website it states they have them they said no we don’t have them I said it states on your website to request one I requested one if I had known you didn’t have them I would’ve gotten a room with two queen beds can I have a room with two queen beds they said no they don’t have an suv that was irritating than I asked for some towels to be brought up to the room because I wanted in the bathroom he told me I had to come down and get them myself was stinky and the room is dirty. I will never stay at this hotel again

Not Returning

The beds were horrible, the floors were SOO dirty walking from the shower to the bed turned your feet black. The showers had NO hot water, it was luke warm at best. The door from the room to whats considered your pattio, was impossible to open or close, once you managed to pry the door open, which didnt close ALL the way and was held closed by a make-shift lock. When I asked for extra towles, they made us walk to the front desk to get them, honestly, I really thought they should have brought them to us. Plus, it was in a very sketchy part of town.

The pool was nice, especially at night. The refrigerator worked well, the breakfast was ok, definitely doesn't make up for the lack of warm water, shot out beds, and door that didn't work with a make-shift lock to hold it closed.

I hated it I only used it to sleep but will never come here again and I hope booking.com equally res

The staff is quite rude and threatened to kick me out without a refund if anybody came to my room.. that's ridiculous I'm here visiting family and to tell them that they can't come to my hotel room is absurd

They gave me the room location that I wanted

It worked fine for a place to crash while visiting a local amusement park.

The Valley Inn is a bit rundown. The decor is outdated, and the drapes smell strongly of smoke. The continental breakfast lacked any fruit options, but offered cereal, breads, and waffles.

The location was perfect for a place to crash after a day at Magic Mountain.

most enjoyable

the fact that we had to move on due to our fly/drive schedule and that id already booked our next motel.

the pool, the room, the staff, the facilities, the breakfast. all were to a high standard.

It was a clean and comfortable room. The location was very convenient.

The bathroom faucet was very difficult to open, I needed two hands to lift the lever, and it was still to hard. Didn’t report because we just stayed one night and left at daybreak.

Dissatified for the price

Dirty floors throughout,sink and shower were dirty. Carpet needs replacing as its stained and want finished when put in. On 2nd floor and sliding door would not open so we could not sit on the balcony.

Bed was comfortable

HORRIBLE service, ROACHES in the rooms, TRASHY hotel

We stayed here as a last minute stay over the weekend. It was semi-cheap and the only vacant hotel (we got the last room). However when we got there, the place was trashed! There was underwear hanging off balconies, trash everywhere, and people walking around who clearly were on drugs. Our “king” room was so outdated and gross. Not ten minutes into our stay I found a COCKROACH in our bathroom. We went to the front desk to ask for a refund but was told we couldn’t get a refund until the morning because we passed our 15 minute “refund mark”. We’re from out of town so we begged for a refund, but the front desk man (his name was Chris) was SO rude to us. He ended up giving us a different room which was equally as disgusting but no roaches (we double checked) and we slept with all of our clothes and shoes on. Staying here was a BIG mistake and waste of money.

Better luck next time!

Our room was cleaned after 3pm. Tv and WiFi very unstable, sliding glass door is very tough to handle. We had to pour water on the rail to slide a bit. No bulbs on the bed headboards.

Location, food, environment, safety

OK

RENOVATION OF THE WHOLE INN

For the price it's ok, it's old place, it needs a HUGE renovation, I can tell you about my room only (228) popcorn ceiling, old light fixture, old furniture, old telephone. The bathroom was a little bit updated but was done very poorly; toilet bowl is new, granite counter top. The only reason it exceeds my expectation is, the staff was excellent, Free HBO, the room that we were in was very clean. Lastly, if you are sensitive to noise, don't get a room where the patio is facing the street.

If you want budget(cheap ones) then go ahead otherwise no

The breakfast was shocking, it was a trap..we chose it coz of the location a bit to our destination, but in fact when we entered is not what we want.

Nothing actually, very normal

Very happy with our stay there and would recommend it, and would return if/when returning to LA area

The only thing noticeable is that it is an older building, but they have done a good job at keeping it fixed up. No real complaint though.

Price, location, continental breakfast, maid service, the little frig, very comfortable bed and for us, personally, it was nice to be close to parking. Also, a plus was how easy it was to find, especially for 1st time to CA!

My failed Easter stay

The walls had stains on them staff was rude and they are not clear about check in and out times they made me pay for 5 nights but it was 4 nights and the staff refused to get the supervisor ( suddenly everyone was a "supervisor".

The rooms were big

The staff was nice and the breakfast great but I would not want to stay here again

The first room we went to smelt like urine. The other two rooms we looked at were rough looking and dirty as well but we felt we had little choice in the area.

The continental breakfast was quite good with the ability to make waffles and toast bagels and English muffins.

The location is convient.

An aditional $50 deposit wasn't mantioned untill i arrived at the property. There is limited parking. And the air conditioning was loud. The property is out dated.

The location is convient.

A good value if you're looking for an inexpensive but clean place to stay near the Van Nuys Airport.

A very old, dated, small hotel, with paper thin walls and ceilings (if you have noisy neighbors, it can be bothersome). The free breakfast was very minimalistic and offered in a very small breakfast nook area adjacent to the front desk / lobby area. I didn't try it so I can't speak to the quality of what was offered, though it looked to be only cereal, some fruit and a do it yourself waffle maker. The milk for cereal was offered in an open pitcher (carafe), so not cold, which I don't like.

Though old and dated, my room was spacious, the bed was large and the linens were fresh and clean. The pool area was very nice and a big feature of this property.

This place is the best in value locatoon cleanliness and the best customer service CiNDY

Sometimes the doors are hard to slide open

I like this place and i stay here alot i lost my home in the creek fire so this has become my home this is my dad what I like about it is the probably the price of it the size of the room I love the way this setup and it's great to be able to have a nice hot meal in the morning but also one of the things that are great to stay out here especially Cindy she's fantastic I had a problem with one room yesterday air conditioner wasn't working she was quick to help me and find me another comfortable room she's always here great with a smile good customer service it's very nice to have that at a hotel what you don't get most of the time especially with what I'm dealing with already makes me feel a lot better keep it up Cindy she's an asset to the place

Never got the chance to stay

They never got to me right away after i payed for reservations & pay for a stay over night i needed to change my arrival time but they didnt let me

Never got the chance to stay

Disappointed.

This was our 2nd stay here. The price per night went up (20% increase), even after I couldn't get a double bed. I asked for a roll out bed and was told they don't have them so I had my child's feet in my back. When we got in our first room late at night the florescence lights didn't turn on fully and various things seemed broken so I requested a different room. The 2nd room I just stuck with it but found tape covering the smoke alarm. I nearly fell from the toilet due to the seat being half attached. The tv remote's batteries missing along with the battery cover. I notified the front desk of the issues and asked to have maintenance there after we were out for the day. He didn't show up until the evening saying he never got permission to enter the empty room. The final annoyance was finding a voicemail from around 7pm Friday, 2 hours before we arrived, that if I didn't arrive or call soon that they might drop my reservation. I'm in motels every weekend, I'll be finding somewhere else. P.S. Their online price went up again.

The breakfast is probably the highlight of the weekend.

Nice simple breakfast.

The bath/shower water was just barely over luke warm. The flat screen tv was kinda smaller than I would have expected. Using the wifi is a hassle, you have to constantly retype the password.

My kid quite enjoyed the waffle station at breakfast. The beds were nice. The room was large enough to have a half-wall to separate the mirror/ dressing area. Unfortunately it isn't swimming weather so didn't get to enjoy pool time.

Rude staff. Shabby room.

Extremely disinterested and rude guy at reception. Mumbles in such a low voice that you can barely hear him. He gave us the wrong directions to our room, even though we pointed out that their own property map said something different.

Overall it was okay.

I hated that the floor was extremely dirty my son was walking around barefoot & his feet turned black. They should get rid of that nasty carpet & install hardwood floors immediately!

I liked the room was big. I liked they had a small fridge, a coffee maker, an iron with an ironing board, and blow dryer.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

I'll definitely stay here again best price in town .

The bathrooms need to be remodel ASAP.

In that area there are not a lot of hotels to choose from this is the best smelling one, and the price is excellent .

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

Price for the star rating

Didn't come remotely close to the star rating expectation. Among various issues, the top 3 worst were (1) the large gap in the drapes, (2) the shower head that sprayed water ALL over the bathroom, and (3) the nasty stain on the desk chair.

Price for the star rating

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

Quiet, private, but old.

There was plastic sheets in the hallways as if there was construction going on, but no visible construction. The inside of the hotel is in need of an update. Had an overall sleezy feel. The location is good if your going to Universal Studios, but tends to attract an unsavory group of people. The blackout curtains in the room were old and had holes. Some chips in the tile of the bathroom. Old carpet.

I liked that the rooms were clean, as was the lobby. The staff was generally pleasant. The exterior was nice, updated, pool area clean, working lights outside. Our stay was really nice and quiet. Check out was easy, no hassle checking in either. They had our reservation ready to go. Bed was clean and very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

Feeling uneasy.

The bed was awful every time you moved it sounded like the bed was going to break. There were holes in the wall and the sliding glass door was broken. Felt very unsafe with a broken door at least I was on the second floor.

The location was fine. Staff tried to be helpful.

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

booked online and overcharged at the hotel. staff not polite or helpful for customers.

I booked the room online for 75.08$ total with tax and when we arrived they said they do not have such a rate and charged me almost $100.00.The manager never answered my email. Staff was not polite or professional.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

It was dirty, and staff were trying to put me in bad or...

It was dirty, and staff were trying to put me in bad or dirty rooms first and keep better rooms! At first, they put me in the handicap room without telling me and then after I complained they move me to another room, which was not that clean.

• Reviewed: 3 December 2016

Horrible conditions!

Bathtub leaked. Peeling paint, torn curtains that didn't work . They just don't get it here. Indian staff is arrogant and ignorant beyond description .

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

Convenient

It seemed like they were in a location where they had to discourage unwanted guests. Also, it would have been nice if they offered fruit at continental breakfast.

The location was convenient.

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

Loyal and Understanding customer

The property is undergoing renovations and I wasn't made aware of that. But other than the obvious visual construction mess there was no noise or discomfort as a result. It would had been nice if I would had been told in advance then the full rental rate would had been expected. But, because it was a surprise one would think a discount at the time of payment would had been a form of appreciation for being a loyal and understanding occasionally (at least a few times per year) customer.

They didn't serve eggs. But everyone was extra helpful and accommodating. That was appreciate of course. Much thanks to the lady tending the breakfast bar. Who was promptly keeping the area fully supplied and clean.

• Reviewed: 18 November 2016

not suitable for a family

There was a big gap under the door to outside. All the staff recommended was towels to stuff under door. Old walls & in bathroom too. The area a little rough.

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

This hotel needs a lot of remodeling

Some rooms are under construction,I theres a nice big beautifull pool but unfortunately they said it was under construction so nobody is allowed to use it that was a big bummer, matress are hard curtains are super old and also no microwave in room

The continental breakfast was ok it just needed some type of fruit at least some bananas waffles were too dry to eat especially if you have children

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

okay when in need of a place to stay.

bathroom was a little messy, not enough towels available, door had bloody spot, the room needs a remodeling, curtain did not cover the patio door correctly, and a broken sprinkler woke me up.

bed was okay

• Reviewed: 22 October 2018

The distance from convenient store in the area.

Looked very nice on website. Once we arrived I could tell it was a rough neighborhood.

The distance from convenient store in the area.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Service, breakfast and patios near pool

The fact that we had to leave due to Disney filming

Service, breakfast and patios near pool

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

No hot water

No hot water

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

As always. Well worth my time and money

No complaints

Staff is very nice. Breakfast is decent and the rooms and bed are gorgeous.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Very welcoming hotel

Better variety for continental breakfast.

Room was comfortable and roomy.

Comfort

Comfort

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

it was comfortable

price too high

the room are spacious

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

Carpet os not that clean and one time we’re out most of the...

Carpet os not that clean and one time we’re out most of the day and one bed is arranged and the other one is not..

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Unprofessional management

Good choice people friendly not certain environment

Can't complaint

Everything local , clean set ice

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

There were roaches in the bathroom.

There were roaches in the bathroom. Dirty carpets.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

I would never return to thos place

Nasty place nasty hotel i have ever been to

Nothing this place is nasty

Amazing

The beds were very comfortable.

Everything was nice and clean

I didn't like the breakfast there was no food, around 8am👎

Everything was nice and clean

Comfortable and joyful

Bathroom curtain

Pool, food, staff and that they wete nice

Carpet

Carpet

Very affordable and safe. Located in the middle of everything.

The place needs to improve more of the cosmetic side.

The place is very safe and secure. I love how they include free breakfast.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

It was one to remember that thats for sure

The facility had bed bugs. I was attacked for a whole week and I reported it to management and they did nothing,

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

I like that was available

Staff was not nice at all ...my tv was not working for the 1st day , and the pool was very dirty .

I like that was available

The place to go most definitely

The parking lot had only one way in and out. That was very dumb considering how big the property is.

Best Motel In The Valley

The A.C. in room 254 does not get cold it just blows air.

The place is great and so are the rooms, very clean.

bathrooom and toiletres

Love the area

The parking at night suck

Love the area Everything near by

My stay quick evaluation.

Carpet was extreemly dirty. Also, there was a few ants in my room.

Room smell was good, also the pool was clean. Nice view. And quiet.

Nothing !

It was nothing like the pictures... bed bugs for sure rooms smelled horrible...

Nothing !!!

Very clean and comfortable

Very clean and comfortable

Staff was nice and rooms were clean

Trash in the parking lot

Staff was nice and rooms were clean