Reviews of Wyndham Garden San Jose Airport 3 stars

1355 North 4th Street, San Jose, CA 95112, USA

#42 of 67 hotels in San Jose

You don't get what you paid for!
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The price was ridiculous for the area, and for the type of service and room we had. I barely slept a wink due to the air conditioning units all around clanking all night long. They didn't provide internet services, and when I asked for the airport shuttle in the morning, they could not accommodate us. They were booked. We fly out of this area every year and will not stay here again. The price was over the top.

It was close o the airport, which was the reason for our stay. To catch an early flight.

Just OK. I like the restaurant.
    • Queen Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

I was put in a handicap room. I didn't ask for. I would have liked a tub. Telephone system was done. could not reach the front desk.

out dated. worn

Close to airport

Rooms were not renovated by professionals. Paint and some updated fixtures rooms still felt old I wish I had taken pictures. Bartender on Wednesday night was great waiter that night shook his head while walking away because we asked for ranch and ketchup really shaking your head. Checking in the desk people were great check out the lady was fricken rude I was bothering her for my receipt

Close to airport

Hotel is comfortable, reasonably priced, and convenient with friendly staff.

Can't think of anything.

Close to airport and airport shuttle is a bonus. Also close to public transportation in great San Jose, so I did not need a rental car.

Outstanding Hotel
    • Standard King Room

We liked everything! Have stayed here twice now. Clean, neat & comfortable! Beautiful Place. Good quality taste hotel. Very worth it in my opinion. Definitely wouldn’t mind staying here every time when in San Jose.

Went for a night away to relax. Walking distance to bowling alley. Felt safe and relaxed by the pool

The hot tub was not in service

I was surprised on how much I enjoyed my stay. From the front desk to the bartender housekeeping. . I was planning on booking again in two weeks.

Updated but far from what most want!

You have your choice... run the air conditioner or sleep, but certainly not both! Incredibly loud. Reported it, but nothing happened.

Clean and updated with new TVs and furniture. Good location for the SJC airport.

Unfriendly staff but nice room for what you pay.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Staff isn't very friendly. On the phone and in person. All the women were pretty rude except for the only guy I saw at the front desk. He was the only one who knew what "customer service" meant.

Great room for the money

Comfortable beds.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The Restaurant food quality was just okay, but the staff was very nice and the atmosphere was good.

Comfortable beds. Friendly and helpful staff. Proximity to airport. Free shuttle to airport AND free parking while we are away!

Overall, our stay was great. I look forward to staying again, hopefully, August 24.
    • Standard King Room

About the only thing I can say that I didn't like too much was the fact that the bed was pretty hard. I have hip issues and so I did a lot of moving around at night.

The room was absolutely wonderful, the shower was great, the room was beautiful and comfortable. Checking in was quick and the staff that assisted was okay there was actually no waiting time and my room was ready early.

Pool was fabulous!

see above

My very first impression was bad when I walked in and there was a incredibly rude lady at the front desk.. I think I heard that her name is Brandy. She had an awful attitude and does not belong in customer service anywhere. I was a hour early for check in and and I didnt mind that I couldnt check in, it was just the way she handles the situation that made me angry. She was that way with a few others too as I observed while waiting in the lobby. Then the 3 o'clock shift came on and they were really nice. The room was really dark and the toilet had overflowed before I got there and that was not good. I did clean it up but felt like it was dirty after that. The bed was wonderful and nce and clean. Maybe you could have the AC and fridge turned on before guests arrive so it feels more welcoming. The pool was awesome! Thanks so much for listening.

A decent property close to SJC airport.!!
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Nothing much really. Overall satisfied customer.!!

The property is close to the airport. The staff was very friendly and helpful, the room was adequately clean, plenty of parking space available, and very good room service. There is a restaurant on the property.

I will probably look at other properties in the future.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Bed was lumpy and squeaky. Walls and windows were so thin, we could hear EVERYTHING! Bathroom was clean but needed updating. Bathrooms are VERY small.

Staff was somewhat friendly and informative. Shuttle driver was very friendly and helpful.

We had a great experience
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I didn’t like that there was no breakfast and there restaurant was expensive

The room was nice and clean and the kids were excited about the pool. The staff were nice.

The staff was helpful enough to move our room from the 2nd...
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The staff was helpful enough to move our room from the 2nd floor to the 1st! For a Mom of 3 with suitcases... that in itself was a huge blessing! The shuttle driver was courteous and helpful with carseats and bags. Will stay here again in a heartbeat!

The staff was very friendly and helpful.
    • Standard King Room

The staff was very friendly and helpful. It has a nice pool and hot tube. The rooms were clean and comfortable. It was perfect for our overnight layover.

Great stay. Would recommend.
    • Queen Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

We're able to hear the people talking in the hallway easily. Also, the cleaning staff doesn't seem to get told when late check-out is selected as we were disturbed three times.

Room was very clean and had a lot of amenities. Great location in town and room was close to the pool on the first floor.

Pretty pool area, nice room and the little extras (water,...

WiFi kept cutting out as I was trying to conduct a webinar

Pretty pool area, nice room and the little extras (water, shampoo, shower cap, etc) were nice

Fine and clean but expensive and boring.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The price for a simple motel whose only positional advantage is the proximity to the SJC airport is just way too high. Most travellers would come for one night, so maybe the excessive poolside area is just unnecessary. Difficult to get food or drink at night, no bar on premises.

A typical generic American motel without any real tradeoff, the pool is nice though and there is a free airport shuttle.

The putting green and pool were fun.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The property is outdated. The staff seemed too busy and unwilling to help. The couple times I went to the counter not one person was smiling. Oh and bring your own towels for the pool because trying to get a few extra seemed like it was too much for the staff to do.

The putting green and pool were fun.

Location for me was important and it put me right were I...
    • Standard King Room

There was a smell outside I didn't find pleasant other than that it was fine.

Location for me was important and it put me right were I needed to be.

Pool area and Jacuzzi was nice.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The room was clean and the bed, pillows and linens were Great! The issue was I booked a 2 queen bed room for 4 people. When we got there the room was warm. We turned on the air and figured when we returned it would be cooled down. It wasn't. We got back very late and found out in the morning the room was set up for 2 people not 4! And the air conditioner sounded like an airplane taking off every 20 minutes!!

Pool area and Jacuzzi was nice. Grounds well kept.

Good sleeping nights! Comfortable and good value for your money!

the bed was awesome, bathroom and room pretty clean, and wifi steady throughout my stay, near to the airport and the steaks are pretty good at the island grill, fitness center is alright for a short stay.

Room was clean, great amenities, close to the airport. Great property for the price.
    • Standard King Room

Booked this property because of the great price. Rebecca helped me with a little hiccup with my credit card. I didn’t read that they don’t take cash for room payment even after checking out. She was very helpful and was willing to work with me.

No frills but serves it's purpose well.

Though very clean and comfortable felt more like motel than hotel. Lay out didn't make it comfortable to keep window blinds open so the lighting in room not great

Clean comfortable

Overall, our stay was very nice.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I found M&M's behind the night stand, while I was looking for a plug to charge my phone. The stand needs to be moved when the room is vacuumed. The morning receptionist was helpful, but not very cheerful or welcoming.

The room seemed like it had been upgraded. We had stayed here one other time and after our stay read the reviews(which weren't very positive). We took a chance and booked, again. The room we stayed in appeared to be upgraded. It was nicer than the room from the previous visit. It was an inside room, across from the pool.

Ghetto and scary!

Place is ghetto a bit scary at night! And I’m a guy! Carpet in hallways, blinds on windows outdated ! Took a few tries to figure how to turn on light No Celling 💡 switch turns on a lamp on countertop but it was off! Tv Has no Guide so you need surf one Chanel at a time to find what you want to watch. My girl wanted to go to the car to get our camera but I didn’t let her go it didn’t feel safe to do so! Room service at ext 484 to buy food had no hours of operation so we called a few times without an answer not even a recording indicating time of operations! I thought this was so silly, they have a gated parking to get out, as the car approached door opened cool you’re out and you feel your car it’s safe Lol well on the other side of the building where you come in there is no gate so anyone can go in and out at any time so your car can be taken through that side without a problem! So can people come in through here as well..

Aquarium at lobby LOL 😂 And water fountain in front of lobby lol

Just ok adequate for price paid.

Fridge did not work. Noisy parking close to room. Person dancing in parking lot with loud music. Had to call twice before it got taken care of.Morning people walking to there cars talking loud. Could hear woke up. Room was on first floor maybe upper level better.

Location , clean room

Will not not stay there again.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Chemical smell from carpet. Interruptions from staff in the middle of the night and before we had checked out.

Chemical smell from the carpet in the first room. Office staff opened the second room while we were trying to sleep thinking the room was empty. The maid entered the room in the morning while my daughter was dressing before we had checked out.

Overall we enjoyed our stay and would recommend this place to family and friends.

One day we didn't get any towels and had to call housekeeping but someone came right away and delivered some so it was okay. One night there were loud laughing and talking outside our room at 1:30 a.m. sounded like 3 young ladies which woke us up. I know it's hard to control the guest behavior so we didn't call the front desk.

We liked the size of the room, the location was convenient. Jordan checked us in and although we asked for a king size bed, he gave us a room with 2 doubles so we had to get back in the car and drive back to the front desk to switch rooms at midnight so that really wasn't a good way to start. I think he should be more careful of what he's doing.

The room was pretty run down and looked dirty.

The room was pretty run down and looked dirty. It had rings and smudges on the nightstand and dresser. The carpet was fraying. The walls were dirty and also have cracks and chunks missing. Also, I selected this motel because it had 24/7 shuttle to the airport but the time I needed to go was booked by the time I checked in and therefore had to take a 4:30am shuttle. This was disappointing.

The room was clean
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

It was very noisy. The facility was not very clean. Hard to find. They should tell you to park close to the lobby so you can check in but don’t take your luggage out because you then have to go park closer to wherever your room is.

The room was clean

Swimming pool open hour need to be controlled by the hotel...

Swimming pool open hour need to be controlled by the hotel manager. Sometimes in the early morning or late night some guests were very noisy at the swimming pool.

Close to Levi’s stadium and good price
    • Standard King Room

After checking out the bank notified me of a 100 charge to my acct. Called the hotel and they stated it was a deposit and it will be returned. It would have been better to be upfront and tell me that was going to happen.

Close to Levi’s stadium and good price

Disappointing but served it’s purpose.

The phone did not work in my room. Told front desk staff and they said they would send someone to fix it but never did. Waited almost 60 minutes for a shuttle to pick me up from the airport. Shuttle arrived over a half hour after I was told it would. Food at restaurant was extremely overpriced, however the service was decent.

Too much $$

I paid 180$ through booking.com and I feel I way overpaid compared to people I went with Why should I go through you when it would have been cheaper to call the hotel????

Bar

Overnight as close to airport. Great location and super clean and friendly staff.

The only thing that could be better was the quality of the mattress! Upgrade the mattresses please.

Updated property! Lovely room. Would return again as it is close to the airport.

Would not choice this hotel for future visits.

Location questionable, outside carpet needs replacing, rooms need facelift and cost thru Bookings.com much MORE than directly thru hotel $(171 vs $116)!

The shuttle driver was efficient and friendly.

It was a good stay.
    • Standard King Room

The keys to the room would constantly not work and I had to walk to the front desk every time that happened and it happened almost every time I left the room. Very inconvenient.

It is conveniently located just a short distance from the airport. The check-in process was fast and front desk staff were friendly enough.

I was waiting for shuttle in San Jose Airport about 2 hours,...

I was waiting for shuttle in San Jose Airport about 2 hours, had to call to hotel 3 times to get me picked up. It was midnight and it was terribly cold.

We will stay again.

The pool area chairs etc really need to be replaced and there should be clear instructions for the hot tub.

The furnishings and decor were very nice and room and bathroom were very clean. We stayed several years ago when it was La Quinta and it was fine but much better now.

The stay was very nice even though the hotel didn't have much around it
    • Queen Room - Disability Access

There was a party or something going on near the pool which was a little annoying as it crowded up the area, but I think that was probably a result of the timing rather than any misdoing on the staff's part.

The room was really nice for the price and I had been expecting a lot worse because some of the reviews I read were kind of bad. The staff was very very kind and able to hold my bags for almost 12 hours after I checked out. They were also extremely cooperative and gave me good tips on restaurants and other fun things to do in the area.

Close to airport and quiet until about 8am.

There were parts of the room and outer walkways that looked dingy and casualty cared for. The bathtub was partially cleaned with the tub showing soap leftovers from the prior guest in the room. The help at front desk was inconsistent. Some of the people were very friendly and helpful while others seemed bored and irritated with the interruption.

Bed comfortable and plenty of space in the room. Very welcoming waitress in the attached restaurant who was attentive and handled my special dietary request beautifully. The evening desk clerk who answered my phone call was very helpful and sent the shuttle to pick me up at airport right away. Shuttle drivers to and from very friendly and helpful.

The front desk - think her name was Liz checking me was...
    • Standard King Room

The 1st room began to smell like backed up sewage the very first night - I lasted until the last night and had to move to another room because it made me ill. Also the day I asked for housekeeping to clean the room they totally missed the restroom area and didn’t even throw out the trash or any towels. The safe in the room also did not work. The second room the lights were completely disconnected and the room did not compare by any means to the first

The front desk - think her name was Liz checking me was excellent and the room was great until I had to move due to the ungodly smell which they did find me a room

Location to the airport and the ability to leave my car...

The facility was old and didn't particularly feel safe there. I felt like the room was overpriced.

Location to the airport and the ability to leave my car there while on vacation. The shuttle driver was excellent and very personable.

was OK but not impressive. Room needs refurbishing.

First room we were put in had a leak in the bathroom. Water over 1/4 of the floor at check in. Next room 151 bed near bathroom was very soft. Toilet seat did not stay up on it's own. No soap in room when we checked in.

Large TV, Food in restaurant was very good. Staff were helpful.

Will not recommend this hotel to anyone and would not stay here again.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Bad location. Very noisy, especially on second night when someone came at 3:30 am. And then went in and out of the room at least 10 times, able to hear room key scraping and door shutting every time. Then found people from next room in the morning out in parking space next to us smoking pot and who knows what else. I was with my daughters so I really didn’t feel safe. Told staff inside and they were very blaise about it.

Room was decent.

Good location, but would probably try other properties close by as over all the hotel was just OK
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The service in the restaurant was really ordinary. Just sit anywhere was the welcome! Not good enough. It was great that the room included a fridge but is sounded like there was a truck in the room all night. The noise from the room next door was terrible as they left the TV on all night.

The location was good. Nice and close to the light rail so good access to the city. Some reasonable restaurants close by. There is a liquor store around the corner so you can easily grab a wine or beer to have in your room.

Close to airport. Interesting open air feel.

the outer wall in our end of hall room was concrete and the paint was starting to bubble.

good comfy bed. nice lobby area. easy check in (although the 1st room we were directed to wasn't actually ready...)

Definitely worth it.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The only thing was the minibar that is connected and makes a lot of noise. I unplugged it.

Lovely room for a great price. Location is amazing if you fly directly to San Jose. Very close to downtown.

Over all it was nice and would probably stay there again.

I was not to happy with the maid service - not that the rooms weren't clean but while we are trying to sleep in they are out in the halls chatting and laughing it up pretty early in the morning. Also front desk could have been a little friendlier.

The breakfast was good.

I didn't like the loud noise in and around the rooms, the fact that the bar closed early especially on a Friday and Saturday night

The breakfast was good. The shuttle drivers were friendly and accommodating which we appreciated.

My room was very quiet. TVs and people became quiet very early, which I appreciated.

Service was very slow and there were only a few of us in the restaurant. The main course was not terrific but the vegetables were nicely done.

The waiter was very good about keeping water glasses full and my order came as modified (no rice).

Under duress...no other choices.

Frayed towels, lack of staff help to find our confusing room, so over priced... $300 when it was no better than a Motel 6. When we asked for airport pick up, the hotel advised going to a different terminal. Luckily I was familiar with San Jose Airport & didn't take her advice.

Dreadful.

Interior hallways were poorly maintained and on 2 occassions the police were called to deal with unruly customers. The second time woke us up at 3am.

Pillows were nice.

Will not go back!

Squashed bugs on ceiling! Left note for maids, but wasn't touched. Paint coming off of fixtures in room. Lights going on and off! Hotel walls on outside bubbling up and places where there wasn't any paint. Very noisy neighbors. Shower head spraying on bathroom floor even with the shower curtain closed. Didn't vacuum carpet on our second day!

Registration lady was polite. Transportation shuttle driver was very nice!

Appropriate for the price.

Room service was inadequate; no cutlery or napkin, no ketchup or salt/pepper and the coffee i ordered was a very small cold cup. Other staff were very good and helpful.

It was a short stay, but comfortable and fine.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I thought the rate was rather high. But I guess that's California!!

We stayed here for one night in between our flights. Love the shuttle bus and both drivers. When we arrived, the gentleman who picked us up at the airport assisted us with luggage and took it all the way to our room. He was awesome.

Not what I expected after reading description and looking at hotel pictures.

The room was ok. When it was described as ‘ deluxe king room ‘ I expected it to be larger. The room was pretty small and the bathroom area was VERY small. Also stated it would have a garden view and our window was in front of a wall.

The Island Restaurant was delicious and saved the day! The bed was comfy even a little soft for me, but I’m sure perfect for some guests.

okay for short stay but not a great hotel
    • Standard King Room

Room had been redecorated so it looked like a newer hotel but the construction was old. There was no soundproofing so you could hear people walking by talking and planes taking off. The drapes didn't fit around the old heater/airconditioner unit so we had to awkwardly adjust them as best we could. You could see all the pipes under the sink. The chair didn't fit with the desk. Bed and linens were fine but just these things added up. Though hotel woudl be much nicer from the pics but they were misleading. Neighborhood looked a little scary and clients were kinda rough.

Sheets were clean, room had been redecorated. Shower was fine.

Not sure we will use this hotel again.

See above. Other problems: our room was near a very bright corridor light (#187) and it was impossible to darken our room since the Venetian blinds were broken and the flimsy curtain did little to block the light. Secondly, there was a used washcloth left on the shower curtain rod. Hard to tell how long it had been there. The most obnoxious problem was the toilet room light and fan that cam on automatically every time the room was entered...even in the middle of the night! Since our room was already well lit (see above) we didn’t need additional light or the noise that awakened my spouse who was trying to sleep. Drinks in the bar...way over priced!

The first room we were assigned had 2 queen beds, not the king bed we had requested. Had to drag our luggage back to the registration desk to try again. Should have been given the correct room in the first place!

There WERE some noisy people outside our room for awhile...

There WERE some noisy people outside our room for awhile around midnight and around 2 a.m. that woke us up more than once. The room was FREEZING - couldn't get it to warm up in evening.

Comfortable, full service hotel that's very close to airport and public transportation downtown.
    • Queen Room - Disability Access

The light-vent system in bathroom weren't in sync.

Very comfortable, full amenities. Lovely pool and patio area. More than I expected for an airport hotel. Took hotel shuttle to airport at 5 am! Hotels don't always run them that early. Very close to airport. Good value.

My last one

Room was cramped. Had to move the chair to get between the desk and the bed. Could not get between the desk and the bed without moving the chair. I stayed in a microtel with more room to work and a better layout.

Not much. Resturant was good.

The area is not the best, but the hotel is very nice
    • Standard King Room

When checking out they charged me full booked price. took 30 minutes to get rectified. The clerk was efficient and quick to rectify

There was a fresh bottled water everyday

Room was cozy.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Was a little loud. Entry doors face parking and sound traveled easily through doors and windows as people were walking by talking etc.

Room was cozy. A bit small but fine for our needs and good for the price. I liked the separation of sink and dressing area from the rest of the bathroom it made it easier for 3 of us to get ready at the same time in the morning. Staff was very friendly at check in and made us feel welcome. Also very friendly and accommodating at check out as we had to leave 1 day early.

It was a good stay.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I'm a single, older female and my room location (124 I believe) felt a bit isolated.

Staff was wonderful, shuttle service was perfect, and you certainly have nearby hotels beat with your price.

Adequate, but some pitfalls.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Hotel phones out of service day before arrival. Airport shuttle left without us at 0402. No one at Ck in counter upon arrival.

Clean, comfy and nice room. Would definitely return the next time using SJC.

There were several brown stains on the sheets and on the...
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

There were several brown stains on the sheets and on the wall. We were not sure what kind of stains they were and not sure if we want to know. But we ended up not using any of the blanket. Fortunately the room was warm enough that we didn't need to use the blanket. Also, staff could be a bit friendlier.

Very clean and confortable beds

Too noisy, gave us a keybto an already occupied room. At nught someone openes our eoom door TWICE different people. Not organized. Very disappointed

Very clean and confortable beds

The bed was very comfortable

I didn’t realize when booking but the hotel is more like a motel where the rooms are facing outside. At 3am two people directly outside our room got in a horrible fight. They were yelling obscenities and one even fell to the ground. It woke me up and was actually a little terrifying- my heart was pounding. When the fight didn’t resolve after several minutes and I was worried they’d wake our baby I finally opened my door and yelled at them to leave. I was surprised the hotel security didn’t intervene.

The bed was very comfortable

A weekend trip
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The property looks old and needs to be updated. The bathroom pipes make a lot of noise when you turn on the water.

Positives are close to public transportation, light rail vta train, San Jose international airport, many restaurants and freeways.

The rooms numbers have letters in front of them which made...

The rooms numbers have letters in front of them which made it very confusing since nothing was said about the letters at Check in and the are not on the map given out. Also, a nightlight would prevent injuries trying to find your way to the bathroom at night!

The room size was nice we liked it and the bed so...

They offered me breakfast included when I booked but the restaurant it was closed. No breakfast. The room they gave us didn't has cable available so we had to move to other room.

The room size was nice we liked it and the bed so comfortable "The best bed ever". I loved the door between the bath and room, it was excellent.

Top notch, well worth the money I spent. I would definitely stay there again
    • Standard King Room

Staff was energetic quick-witted and a pleasure to deal with while checking in.

The room was spacious, The bed wonderful. Simply the best nigh sleep i've had in a hotel