Reviews of Americas Best Value Inn & Suites 2 stars

533 North Market Street, Redding, CA 96003, USA

#21 of 33 hotels in Redding

• King Room - Non-Smoking/ Not Pet Friendly

The breakfast was a little dull. There could have been a little variety.

It was comfortable, clean, quite and the staff was kind and quick to meet our needs.

• King Room - Non-Smoking/ Not Pet Friendly

We booked this motel as we had to check in late because of the trip. When we got there, it took several minutes to wait for the staff to show up, and the staff's attitude was terrible and unfriendly, he even asked me what did I want to do? The staff said he did not have my reservation, so he asked us to go, but I already paid for it online. Finally after almost 20 minutes, when I called the motel again, the staff said he just got my reservation, so I went back. However, the staff would not let us go into the office, so we had to stand out there to wait for the whole check-in process to finish, it was 11 pm and raining outside! I do think he cursed us a lot; we are their customers, do we have to receive this kind of treatment just because of our late check-in?

• King Room - Non-Smoking/ Not Pet Friendly

The guy at the front desk was not very welcoming. I felt like I was bothering him while checking in. It’s not located in the best area of town. There is not a lot to offer within walking distance.

Our room was very clean. The bed was comfortable. I like that we got four pillows instead of two. We stayed in room 121. TV was a nice size and the DirecTV service offered many channels. The heater worked well. The continental breakfast was good.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking/Not Pet Friendly

There was no real continental breakfast. There were stale bagels, packaged honey buns, cold cereal, bread, and half a container of orange juice. No fresh cooked food.

Room was very clean

• King Room - Non-Smoking/ Not Pet Friendly

Could've needed more towels and tissues. The trash cans weren't that big either so it overfilled easily. They have free wifi but its slow, after my first night there they changed the password and I couldn't get connected after that.

Not much people there it was overall quiet besides a loud rude couple but I think they made them leave. There was a microwave and fridge both worked good. Had cable and a decent size tv.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking/Not Pet Friendly

The AC was off in the room when we checked in, and it was very hot. The shower controls were confusing.

The rooms were clean and quiet. Recently updated, but not fancy. Excellent value for the money.

• King Room - Non-Smoking/ Not Pet Friendly

Smelled like ethnic food cooking in the front office. Unfriendly staff on site. Office was not air conditioned even though it was almost 100 degrees outside. Internet was offered as 'high speed' on Booking.com but upon check in the 'free internet' is only 1MBps and upgrade to high speed is 10% more add on to my room cost. Female manager could not find my reservation even though the parking lot was empty and I was the only person there. Other little things as well...

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

• King Room - Non-Smoking/ Not Pet Friendly

The woman behind the counter did not seam particularly happy to see us, but she might just have been tired (we arrived at 8pm). However, since I was not there to make new friends, it did not matter. I think it was a bit expensive for booking though the internet. About the same as the average rate and a AAA discount.

It was no more or no less that I expected. I was told all rooms have refrigerators and a microwave, which was important to us. The room was clean, even the bathtub was clean. The bed was a king size bed and the refrigerator worked.

Nothing Bad at all!!

This hotel was above my expectations! Very clean and modern!! Very nice and helpful staff I will stay here again in the future I was very impressed

• King Room - Non-Smoking/ Not Pet Friendly

Spacious room. Even with a king bed, lots of room to walk around. Room was exceptionally clean. The room provided a very peaceful, relaxing and comfortable space that felt very much "like home". The location was in the quiet part of town. Will stay here whenever I'm in Redding.

• Reviewed: 6 August 2016

• King Room - Non-Smoking/ Not Pet Friendly

That they offered breakfast in the morning but due to construction they canceled. I do feel they should have offered a discount for the breakfast I had to go buy the next morning unexpectedly also the carpets were so filthy even when I wore socks they got ruined from the dirt and filth on the cartpet. I had the wash my feet the first time realizing how dirty the floors were.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking/Not Pet Friendly

Worst hotel experience, ever - this was the first time we've had to leave a hotel because it was inhospitable. The room was blazing hot! Everything was heat-soaked - the towels were hot, the toilet was hot, the bedsheets and mattresses were hot, everything! After several hours of the air conditioner running on high, it was still too hot to sleep in, and it was getting late. They offered us another heat-soaked room after we finally complained, but of course that wasn't going to work. I asked for at least a partial refund, but they refused, saying I should have complained immediately. Well pardon me for giving you the benefit of the doubt! We're out $125, but at least we went somewhere where we could get a decent nights sleep. Oh, on the way out, she tried to tell us the room was cool enough. As if her opinion mattered, even if it was honest. Beforehand, I brought in a thermometer that said the temp was still 85 degrees. That was unreasonable, by pretty much any standard.

Looks recently renovated. It was next to the arboretum, which is where we wanted.

• Reviewed: 13 July 2016

• King Room - Non-Smoking/ Not Pet Friendly

The lobby was in shambles and the father who was initially standing at the counter never spoke. Instead he rudly pointed his finger at his young teenage son to handle the check in. Sadly, the family running the hotel live together in one of the room adjacent to the lobby. It was a mess. My room had cigarette burns in the bright green carpet and the "non-smoking" room smelt horrible. The furniture was badly abused. The paint was peeling off some of the walls and the towels, sheets and drapes were stained. They advertised continental breakfast but it was not provided. This was a horrible experience.

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking/Not Pet Friendly

Due to construction underway, there was no breakfast included, which was disappointing.

Easy to get to from the freeway. There was a very nice restaurant straight down the street.

• Reviewed: 3 July 2016

Felt like we were inconveniencing them by checking into their motel. They did not have our reservation so we offered to go somewhere else. They said we could but if they found our reservation we would be charged for the rooms. I had to show them my confirmation for them to figure out the room rates. Staff were not very polite, lots of signs in the room and outside with rules and fines for not complying. Breakfast cereal had bugs in it. Later in the evening one of the staff was drunk and accused us of breaking a fence that none of us were around. The next day we looked at the fence and what was broken had been painted over a long time ago.

The rooms and lot were clean.

• Reviewed: 24 June 2016

• King Room - Non-Smoking/ Not Pet Friendly

1. Ice machine didn't work. 2. Only one large towel for bathing and there was two of us. 3. No Kleenex in the room I have bad allergies. Needed Kleenex tissue. 4. No place to have your continental breakfast. In renovations need alternate room until complete.

Price

Very accommodating

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking/Not Pet Friendly

bike stolen, bike rack broken into, personal property loss about $3100.

close to our destination

• King Room - Non-Smoking/ Not Pet Friendly

The motel was a bit run down. No hot water in the bathroom sink. Mattress and pillows were not soft.

• King Room - Non-Smoking/ Not Pet Friendly

Last minute decision to stay in town... good place to rest a night. .

• King Room - Non-Smoking/ Not Pet Friendly

How rude the mgr/owner was.

Everything was great

Everything about my stay was lovely. Room was clean and staff was very friendly. I will stay here every time I'm in Redding.

• King Room - Non-Smoking/ Not Pet Friendly

Breakfast marginal, stagf rigid, bed uncomfortable.

• King Room - Non-Smoking/ Not Pet Friendly

The free breakfast isn't really worth it we just went out for breakfast.

It was quiet and decently clean. Good for the price of a motel.

• King Room - Non-Smoking/ Not Pet Friendly

have a more comfortable bed.

• King Room - Non-Smoking/ Not Pet Friendly

Breakfast was quite simple without choice.

Clean room and easy to find.

• King Room - Non-Smoking/ Not Pet Friendly

Not much of a continental breakfast

• King Room - Non-Smoking/ Not Pet Friendly

The location is a bit industrial, but was ok.

Staff was very friendly, clean room, great room for the price.

• King Room - Non-Smoking/ Not Pet Friendly

Manager was surly. Sheets weren't smooth.

Convenient location. Inexpensive. Quiet.

• King Room - Non-Smoking/ Not Pet Friendly

Just needed a place to stay for the night. Room was clean and comfortable.

• King Room - Non-Smoking/ Not Pet Friendly

Room slightly smelled of mildew, bad controls on the shower and AC was intermittent

• King Room - Non-Smoking/ Not Pet Friendly

Room was clean and tidy bathroom was clean

Confortable beds

• King Room - Non-Smoking/ Not Pet Friendly

breakfast was iffy. Orange juice tasted like water.

Room was back from road so quiet. Room was clean

No dislikes

Nice quiet location. Room was clean with a good air conditioner and had everything we needed.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

• King Room - Non-Smoking/ Not Pet Friendly

We loved this site. Having refrigerator, burners and microwave was great.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking/Not Pet Friendly

Continental breakfast is very limited, but ok

Bed and room are good

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Breakfast had dry Cereal and coffee. Not inviting

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

• King Room - Non-Smoking/ Not Pet Friendly

The hot water never got real hot and it would cool down so it was not always hot.

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

• King Room - Non-Smoking/ Not Pet Friendly

The location is good. Available for check in anytime

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

• King Room - Non-Smoking/ Not Pet Friendly

Ad said breakfast.. Motel was under construction, so sign said no breakfast

• Reviewed: 29 June 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking/Not Pet Friendly

Very clean spacious room.

• Reviewed: 11 November 2015

No complaints

I checked in early in the morning because I ended up leaving late due to childcare issues. It's an eight hour drive for me so I was driving all night. Anyhow I didn't lose my room and she let me check out very late!! I got to sleep and shower to be rested for my meeting. I will definitely stay again!! The room was spacious, clean and beautiful!!

• Reviewed: 26 April 2015

Location was just okay if you're just spending the night passing through and want a reasonably priced clean and comfortable place to stay.

The place appears to have been remodeled in the last year or so and was very clean. Beds were comfortable. It had a refrigerator and microwave.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2015

Unfortunately the office is attached to the manager's home and the odor of the food they were cooking was so strong my hair and cloths absolutely reeked just from checking in. "Breakfast" was set up in the tiny lobby and I would not go back in. I would not stay there again.

The room was very clean and comfortable especially for an older property.

• Reviewed: 24 March 2015

the man that was the management is very rude about a smoking outside and they did not offer any smoking rooms.

The housekeeping lady was very nice and helpful.

• Reviewed: 13 January 2015

Spent 1 night to visit my son. I will use this motel again. No complaints. Continental breakfast is muffins coffee bananas etc. there isn't a lobby to sit in so we just took the good back to the room.

• Reviewed: 12 January 2015

I had to stand outside in the cold waiting to check-in. However, it was very late and I'm sure it's a security issue.

I was able to check-in very late with no problems. Nice room and a good value.

• Reviewed: 25 April 2016

The staff was wonderful!

• Reviewed: 3 January 2016

Room was very clean and adequately furnished. Good value. I would stay here again when I'm in the area.

• Reviewed: 21 December 2015

Convenient on/off freeway, Fairly quiet. Restaurants nearby. Not much selection for breakfast, but okay for a quick bite before we hit the road.

• Reviewed: 1 December 2015

Very clean and comfortable room.

• Reviewed: 1 December 2015

• Reviewed: 17 September 2015

Clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2015

Nothing negative!!

Everything exceeded our expectations: large and very clean room, XXL-bed, very acceptable breakfast, close to I-5 interstate.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2015

The best

• Reviewed: 10 August 2015

Front desk staff was not very friendly.

This hotel was conveniently located and ready to find.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2015

Check in person was clearly having a bad day Needs a lot of training in customer service!

• Reviewed: 26 May 2015

I wish they had more selections for breakfast.

Room was very comfortable and clean.

• Reviewed: 24 February 2015

No comment

Fairly easy to get too and not too close to freeway.

• Reviewed: 17 February 2015

The lack of respect towards me.

The women at the front desk and the comfortable room

• Reviewed: 4 January 2015

No ESPN on TV, could not watch the major Bowl games.

Bed comfortable

There are also 27 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.