Reviews of Kimpton Vero Beach Hotel & Spa 4 stars

3500 Ocean Drive, Vero Beach, FL 32963, USA

#3 of 23 hotels in Vero Beach

• Queen Studio

Very friendly staff, polite and so helpful. Great location, walk to beach, shopping and choice of restaurants. Beautiful room overlooking the pool. Ate many times in Cobalt and the food was excellent!

• Premier King Room

Beautiful location. My room had a lovely view of the pool and ocean. The staff is young but well trained and efficient. I would stay here again. Highly recommend.

• Premier King Room

There was a lot of seaweed on the beach and an accompanying fishy smell I hope this was seasonal as I want to return.

i Loved everything about this hotel and plan to go back.

Nothing to change, it’s amazing, feels like home and very peaceful.

At check in Deanna at front desk assisted me and my family very kindly, explained everything and upon arrival to my room she messaged me professionally to find out of the room was good. The room was very big, confortable, they had my baby crib all set to go when I arrived, the bathtub was most definitely the best part of the stay. I’m still delighted of how good this hotel is, they truly deserve 5-stars.

• Premier King Room

The lady that checked us in was not very friendly and seemed on the snooty side. The bed sagged in the middle & squeaked when I rolled over. When I went to check into the WiFi was asked if I wanted to charge to the room. No free WiFi!

Loved the location

• One-Bedroom Suite with Ocean View

We hired Kimpton Vero Beach for our wedding in April 2018 and the place was amazing! The hotel is beautiful with it's own private access to the beach. Pool area is fantastic, with a pool side which we made good use of! We only ate at the Cobolt restaurant for breakfast which was great. Our wedding meal was terrific so I suspect the restaurant for dinner would be good too. The staff went to any length to accommodate us and are a credit to the hotel. We had some of our wedding party across two Studio suites and one Ocean front suite. All the rooms were excellent, they were immaculate with plenty of living space for 4 men sharing! Our Ocean front suite has more than enough room for a bride and 5 bridemaids to get ready for our big day, and the view from the room was breathtaking. This hotel will forever hold a special place in our heart and we looking forward to a return visit!

• Premier King Room

Soap dishes should be ridged so you can get the soap out of the dish after initial use. Should Keep 2 rolls of toilet paper in the bathroom each day. The staff did respond very well to our request for more but we had to ask twice to include more than 1 roll.

• King Studio Suite

Room needs attention. Ripped carpet. Banged up furniture. Burned out lights. No hot water one morning. View of the Ocean made up for much of this, but still, at $450 a night, room should have been better maintained.

Unbeatable beach location. Excellent restaurant.

• Premier King Room

Our room was just a little tired. Not bad in any way. But some of the furniture, carpet, and tile was a little “scuffed up”. Worth mentioning since the Ritz Carlton we’d just come from in Sarasota offered an impeccable room at the same $450 per night.

Location is excellent. Beach front and close to everything. And the main restaurant Cobalt is very good.

Vacuum the pool more often Have access to hot tub

Dining overlooking the beach, room service was terrific, everyone friendly. Vero Beach a lovely town

I love the jacuzzi but here at this very expensive resort it was down for repairs. The fitness center was very old.

The property did not meet expectations and that started before I walked through the door.

All rooms should have windows, and people should not be permitted to hang out in the interior courtyard late at night.

Nothing, this stay was very disappointing! We checked in late after waiting on lost luggage to be placed in a room with no window! Hard to swallow paying almost $400/night for a hotel on the ocean that has rooms with no windows! Front desk was not terribly helpful and we had to speak to the manager on duty. To make matters worse, people were loud in the interior courtyard (drunk and disorderly). They woke up our son. It was not a good stay.

• Premier King Room

Morning coffee could have been better. The coffee itself was not great. Cups too small.

We had 2 meals at the Kimpton restaurant. Both were outstanding.

We were trying to get bride into her room early for hair, makeup and dress. Front desk employees and manager Deanna were not very simpathetic to our needs or forthcoming with information as to when the room would be available when they very much knew the sense of urgency. They would not contact housekeeping. Didn’t get into the room until 2:45 when wedding ceremony was at 4. Checkout was 11 and it took almost 4 hours to clean room? Come’on!

Matt the valet was great

Overpriced food and drinks. No complementary water in room, no coffee refill despite paying a resort fee.

Beautiful location, excellent friendly staff, food, spacious bedroom.

• Premier King Room

The spa had no hot tub No steam room. The hot room only held one person and was set too low to be called a hot room, some one was in it so I could not use it. Bad value on the spa as I had a massage and will no use thus facilities in the future when I travel.

Location was great

• Premier King Room

The thermostat will reset to 72 degrees after a certain time. So after turning down to 69 for some cool comfort would wake up to 72 in middle of night and have to turn down again. Of course woke up to 72. Seems programmed for hotel use and not visitor comfort

• King Studio Suite

There is construction around the outside of complex and for the money would like more quiet. Also. There were kids at resort which we never had before. They were loud and in pool all day horsing around.

Facility was nice. Good location to downtown Vero Beach.

I booked the room via booking and when I arrived to the hotel I was told that the room did not have any windows only to the hallway, but I could be upgraded for an extra cost of 50 dollars. I think this information must be known already in the booking and not when you arrive to the hotell. This was really bad!!

• Two-Bedroom Studio (4 Adults)

We had to keep asking for towels. Also, toilet paper was another thing we had to keep requesting. They only provided 1 roll and a time and there was 4 of us.

The beds were very comfortable. The living area was cozy and well equipped.

• Premier King Room

Valet being the ONLY parking option was annoying. Housekeeping NEVER CAME once and we were gone all day both days of our stay so each day i had to call for towels and to have the coffee and mini bar restocked.

The location is perfect, the front desk staff is exemplary, and the property itself is beautiful.

Minibar and in-room items a touch expensive.

Great location on the beach, lovely facilities and amazing rooms. Hotel and rooms were spotless and bedding and towels changed daily. The staff went out of their way to help and make our stay an enjoyable one.

• Two-Bedroom Studio (4 Adults)

The beds were extremely comfortable. Layout of the room was well thought out.

The beds were extremely comfortable. Layout of the room was well thought out.

• Premier King Room

The food was very expensive for what it was.

Rooms were well equipped and spacious. The food menu was different and we were eager to try the different dishes.

• King Studio Ocean Front

I booked through booking.com, but when I arrived, they didn't have me in their system. Booking.com needs to do a better job communicating w/hotels. Check-in isn't until 4:00, which is rather late.

The view was fantastic.

• King Studio Oceanfront - Disability Access

Bed mattress was very hard and water presssure in the shower was non-existent. Dining options were limited to 2 locations, one fancy restaurant and 1 pool side bar.

Location was great.

Didn't care for the restaurant, it was not very busy and the service was sub par. the food was good but overpriced for what you got.

The accommodations were fantastic! The rooms were spacious and comfortable.

Liked everything about my stay, except the room type. No windows. Didn’t expect to have an ocean view, but I wasn’t expecting the worst room type in the place.

• Premier King Room

Great Valet service, quick and friendly. Front desk help impeccable. Every time I called from my room it was an instant pick up. Grounds gorgeous and pool area beautiful. The kids were welcomed everywhere we went. The food was amazing especially the shrimp skewers over cous cous. I can not rave enough. I will be back for my husbands birthday next month for sure!

I was asked my room number and booking name when we went to get in the pool. The way it was asked was very rude and condecending as if we did not fit in at the hotel. She rushed back after checking the booking and quickly offered towles and so in. However I felt slightly unwelcome at this point.

Love the salt water pool and the wine hour is a very good touch!

• King Studio Suite

We didn't get the room that we requested and had to settle for a smaller room. The check-in and check-out process is very slow!!

The staff on the beach were very friendly.

• Premier King Room

The view from the room (i.e. parking) was disappointing. I knew it would not be the beach, but could be at least patio... not the parking...

The room (except the view), the bar, the beach, almost everything...

• Queen Studio

AC was broken when we arrived and the man who came to repair it the next day used some colorful language in front of our ten year old. Our patio table had been leveled with a paper plate and it stayed rigged up that way the whole time we were there. The lock on our sliding door was broken. The same half-full beverage glass remained on a wall by the pool for 3 days, no one cleaned up the plastic cups and glass bottles that were left by the pool and on the beach. There was noise all night long, so bring your ear plugs. The food, the boutique, in-room snacks/ beverages, and the spa were exorbitantly priced. My feeling is that for the price, more amenities should've been included, the room should've been in better repair, and more attention should've been given to keeping the grounds clean.

Beach was beautiful, cleaning staff was accommodating and did immaculate work, towel service at pool and chair service on beach were good, too. Valet service was quick and friendly. You pay a daily resort fee for these services.

• Premier King Room

I thought the property was overpriced for what I paid. It is pet friendly, but you cannot take the dogs on the beach or anywhere near the pool area so what is the point and they have to be walked off property

It was on the beach

They put us in a room with no windows. We had to go back to the front desk were they changed our room with windows and charged us more money. If it had stated on Booking Dot Com the room had no windows we would never booked it. Wasted an hour. Also the fact you have a 4 pm check in time but they want you out by 12 that's only 20 hours

The location of the hotel

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

• Premier King Room

Cobalt dinner was not good, food not hot nor really prepared in any memorable way. Management and chef should go to the Tides to see how a 4 star experience is presented, for a similar price.

Fabulous stay. Employees were top notch. Cobalt breakfast was fantastic.

• Premier King Room

Continental breakfast was way over priced for a muffin, croissant and coffee $50!!!

Everything from the friendly staff to the free valet parking, accommodations and wait staff was amazing!

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

• Premier King Room

The furniture and infrastructure seems a bit tired.

Right on the beach. Good size rooms. Best restaurant in Vero Beach. Very friendly staff. Excellent spa.

• Premier King Room

Our room was very nice no issues. Had I understood that our patio view was going to the parking lot verses the ocean I would have stopped. I will not use booking.com again without first trying to arrange and receive input directly from the hotel. The price was never a consideration on our visit

great facility and location. We will most likely come back Restaurant service was a little slow but very congenial and the food was excellent. Beach access is immediate, clean and open.

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

• Premier King Room

I thought I was getting an ocean view as this was the main reason I booked this hotel so I was very surprised when I got to the room and I didn't have one. When I went to desk to inquire I was told for another $80 per night I could get a partial view. This was the only disappointment.

The room was lovely, staff was great and location right on the ocean was perfect. Dinner at the Cobalt was delicious.

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

• Two-Bedroom Studio (4 Adults)

Our bedroom was a little on the noisy side.....pool furniture etc being moved around below us...we were on the 2nd floor...quiet after 11pm...

Location and the building are excellent .....overall ambience of quality...very friendly and accommodating staff......hotel upgraded our room significantly because they lost our reservation..much appreciated!

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

We went back to this Hotel (from Switzerland) because of a great experience two years ago. Unfortunately we found our room had no windows - a cupboard or in their parlance an interior room. The description "interior room" does not appear on the booking.com Website nor on our printed confirmation. Why anyone would go to such a sunny, beachside location to be in a windowless room is beyond me.

Unfortunately our experience with the room and the attitude of the check-in Clerk coloured our whole stay -a shame because it is undoubtedly a great location and good facilities

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

Valet guys was the best. Checking the best. Best place I have ever stayed. Everyone friendly and the hotel should be a five star. Loved it. Will stay again and again

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

• Queen Studio

from the moment i arrived...the bellman and valet attendant radioed my name to the check in desk and everything was seamless and flawless...my luggage was up almost as quickly as i arrived to the room! when out on the beach, there is always an attendant at the pool to assist with chairs and snacks and the same for the beach....service was amazing!

The front desk is great but service in the restaurants is poor. Food and service there needs a big improvement.

The hotel is absolutely lovely. Wonderful view and facilities.

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

The basic room does not even have a window. I found this out when I called the hotel to confirm that all was OK with my Booking.com reservation. Also, they never responded to any of the inquiries I made through booking.com. I upgraded the room and it was very nice, but it has stairs going down into the livingroom area and they are lighted so they stay lit all night long, and I couldn't sleep so I had to put a blanket on top of them. I understand why they are there. Maybe they could be replaced with something that is a motion sensor so that they don't stay on all night. I also think the hostesses at Cobalt are a bit snooty...the waiter was nice.

Friendly staff, especially the people working at the pool...Cheryl or Sharon witn the Santa hat was awesome. The young lady at the wine reception was also very pleasant. The front desk people were very courteous. The hot tub, pool, beach access are awesome. Location to the little shopping area is great too.

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite

The restaurant was pricey.

Very pleasantly surprised. Immaculate service. Fabulous suite. Class act. Highly recommend anyone considering a romantic getaway

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

We loved everything!!

Our stay was absolutely luxurious. Hands down a five star experience. Staff was attentive, every room was clean, and the food was delish.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Room could have been much cleaner. Lots of dust and sticky film in bathroom., especially on baseboards and door and door handles. Window with ocean view was super dirty, made it less enjoyable looking at the view. Ceiling had a few places were they touched up the paint with the wrong color . My shrimp cakes eggs Benedict tasted like it was spoiled, but all the other food was really good except for that one dish. Lighting in the room was poor, needs more lamps.

Nice robes, good food, beautiful interior design, friendly staff

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

• Queen Studio

room service phone connection needs to be improved all else wonderful

everything except room service # never answered had to be transferred each time

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

• Premier King Room

The entryway to our room smelled like "cat" and it was nauseating not a good way to leave your room nor come back to each time. That was really disappointing.

Room, pool area and Cobalt was great

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

• Queen Studio

I wish breakfast was included. Stay was a bit pricey.

I loved the location on the beach, customer service was excellent, and the room was spacious and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

The whole experience was fabulous best hotel I have ever stayed in. GERRY at the poolside bar made us feel very special and is an asset to this hotel.

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

Our room did not have a safe or closet, but to be fair, we were in a bedroom that was part of a suite. Another family occupied the rest of the suite. I assume that is where the safe and closet was located.

The staff was amazing, the hotel is beautiful and comfortable, the bar has a great selection of beers and creative cocktails and restaurant menu was quite yummy and reasonably priced, in my opinion. I could have used two more days. We will be back!

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

• Queen Studio

Pool was a bit crowded with too many lounge chairs, difficult to walk thru.

Location, staff was very helpful, proactive beach attendant, clean and spacious room and with all amenities.

• Reviewed: 26 August 2016

• Premier King Room

Our room was not acceptable but the staff said there was no where else to put us. We were very disappointed. It was our wedding/honeymoon. Not happy at all.

We got married at the hotel and our wedding and the staff who helped us was exceptional.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

Food at Cobalt on-site restaurant was good, but not great. One not great omelet. One quasi rude waitress on two different occasions. Very disappointing for such a wonderful resort.

Location perfect, on the beach and close to upscale shopping and restaurants. Exceptionally friendly staff. Pristine accommodations. The best!

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

• Queen Studio

The decibel level of the music outside the room on Sunday afternoon was totally unacceptable. Helpful staff moved us to the quiet side of the hotel. We won't come back if sound levels are still an issue!

The staff was most helpful and accommodating. They agreed with us that the loud music attracts the wrong clientele and causes more trouble than the revenue it generates is worth.

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

Coffee and tea from 6:30am was great but I feel you could have left it until noon and at that time replace it with the iced that suddenly appears in the afternoon. Wine from 5 to 6 with snacks that appeared at 5 and were never replaced - not fair to late comers

Right on the ocean. Staff was always attentive. Restaurant within the facility for ease of dining - and the food was wonderful.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

• Premier King Room

The only constructive criticism we can give is that there was no ice machine in our building. It was very hot out and we wanted ice cold water in our room. We had to walk over to the adjacent building to get ice. It would be great to add an extra ice machine!

We loved the peaceful ambiance and the friendliness of the staff. The hotel was very well kept, clean and luxurious. We didn't want to leave!

• Premier King Room

I can not think of one thing I did NOT like.

The staff goes above and beyond to be sure we we were happy!

• Room Selected at Check In

Furniture in room was old and beat up looking.

spa

They didn’t have room for me and till 6 o’clock at night and then they want to charge me more money

Ocean view

• Premier King Room

Room was a little tired. Needs refurb.

Great property in wonderful location on the beach. Great food and drink. Nice pool.

• King Studio Suite

a place to have a nice espresso or cappuccino

the rooms beautifully furnished , bed very comfortable, spa massage amazing!

• Two-Bedroom Studio (4 Adults)

They had suites with multiple bedrooms, nice common sitting area and balcony. The Spa was great

• Queen Studio

Staff - management handling problems - poor Billing - incorrect/wrong, over billed for items not ordered...

• Premier King Room

Great pillow selection and considerate staff

• Premier King Room

Had to switch rooms. First room overlooked a parking lot

• Room Selected at Check In

My room was very small with no view.

• Premier King Room

Staff super friendly. They appreciated our dog and made us feel very welcome.

• Queen Studio

Great place, you pay a bit more but woth it.

• One-Bedroom Suite

Front desk was brusque. Dining reservations continuously exaggerated crowd and forced unnecessary schwdules.

Room was great. Food great.

Browse Kimpton Vero Beach Hotel & Spa traveller photo gallery