2. USA hotel reviews
  3. Alabama hotel reviews
  4. Tuscaloosa hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of InTown Suites Tuscaloosa

Reviews of InTown Suites Tuscaloosa This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

1650 Veterans Memorial Parkway, Tuscaloosa, AL 35404, United States of America

#31 of 33 hotels in Tuscaloosa

5.7

5.5

6.2

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: June 2, 2018

Love staying at InTown Suites in T-Town.
    • Queen Studio - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Clean, Quiet & Large Rooms! We don't fall over each other. We've never any problems what so ever & we will be staying here again. We feel safe here. The staff goes above what is normally offered anywhere else we have stayed in Tuscaloosa. No complaints from us.

• Reviewed: June 1, 2018

I was more than satisfied and would stay there again if I happen to be in the area.
    • Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

There was a huge gap beneath the door leading to the hallway. I could hear other doors slamming, conversations, etc.

There was plenty of space, a full size fridge, and the room was clean. It more than met all of my needs. In addition, the staff was friendly and accommodating.

• Reviewed: May 28, 2018

Great location an friendly staff but very poor house keeping
    • Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

I was there for a week an a day when I got to the room there was a little bit of toilet paper an it was a smoking room with no ash tray an I had no house keeper come by at all I had to go find a house keeper to get my own towels an I had to go get my own bed sheets an pillow cases an change the bed.I was very disappointed about that.

I liked the set up of the room. The room had good AC to keep my room very cool cuz it was so hot.

• Reviewed: May 14, 2018

It's in a Very good location.
    • Queen Studio - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

the only downside to my room was the shower didn't work. There was a tub with a shower head but couldn't take a shower.

It's in a Very good location. Its close to a mall and was very quiet.

• Reviewed: May 8, 2018

Stay away

Stay away

Smelled like smoke, worn down, no toiletries, coffee maker or hair dryer. Would have left but all of Tuscaloosa booked for grad. Only redeeming thing was friendly staff if you could find them

• Reviewed: May 6, 2018

While the staff was very pleasant the facility was not, it smelled like stale cigarettes
    • Queen Studio - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Our room appeared to be an extended stay room that they rented for the weekend, at double the price that was advertised on their sign. There were no amenities such as blow dryer or coffee maker, etc. Just not what we expected for $100.00 a night.

The only thing I liked was that my daughters apartment was next door which was very convenient.

Meh.
    • Queen Studio with Two Queen Beds- Non-Smoking

The hotel had a very strong cigarette smell. It was almost unbearable when you first walk in. There was urine in stairwell. We also found a roach in the bathroom.

It was just okay
    • Queen Studio with Two Queen Beds- Non-Smoking

Smell,not fresh, problems with bed being shaky, had to lift matress & fix. Slow wifi. Had only two wash clothes and two small towels for four guests. No coffee pot. Overall appearance it was clean but old looking. Needs to be updated. Also room you inter at front door was dark, no lights & smelled

Convenience of the hotel to where I was going

• Reviewed: April 22, 2018

Will not stay there again.
    • Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

We booked way in advance and got a room in the old section on the hotel. We were in town early that morning around 9am. Knowing we could not check in yet we went to the check in office to let them know we were in town since we will be at the event that we were in town for at the time of check in. The woman was rude. We went to the event. Came back to check in and they informed us that all the rooms in the new section were booked up so they put us in a room and asked us to check it out before completing the check in. We did. It's was filthy. We came back and told them that. They sent us to another room to look at. It was a little better but by not much😡. We had to work with Air to get it to work. Had cigarette burns in the bedspread. We asked for non smoking. The floor was so filthy that we did not walk on it with our bare feet and wore flip flops to shower. Found trash behind the chair. Oh the smell as soon as you walked into the older building would knock you over. I would not recommend this place .😡😡😡😡

• Reviewed: April 9, 2018

the stay was hard but I would not recommend anyone to stay at this hotel again y'all need to clean t
    • Queen Studio with Two Queen Beds- Non-Smoking

I did not like I did not like the service there I did not like a company that was there seemed as if it was very unsafe there was a lot of activities going on it's not clean it's filthy there bugs you can't get clean towels you have to take out your own trash it's horrible I would not recommend anyone to stay there

When I stayed here 3 years ago the place was a lot better clean staff was great I don't know

• Reviewed: April 1, 2018

The hotel was not a hotel, it was an extended stay lodging...
    • Queen Studio with Two Queen Beds- Non-Smoking

Extremely loud at all times from other people. The rooms were dingy at best and had to do a very thorough search for bed bugs.

The hotel was not a hotel, it was an extended stay lodging that doubled as a crack house.

• Reviewed: March 8, 2018

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone!
    • Queen Studio with Two Queen Beds- Non-Smoking

This was the worst hotel room I have ever stayed in! First of all, I requested a non-smoking room but when you walked in the building it REEKED of CIGARETTE SMOKE and there was a security officer walking the hall smoking, plus a resident sitting on the stairway smoking!!!! There were no conveniences...no hair dryer, no coffee machine, no tissues and a partial toilet paper roll! For about $25 more, I would definitely pay up to stay elsewhere!!

• Reviewed: February 28, 2018

Do Not Stay Here
    • Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

The sheets wasn't clean, the cover that goes over the vent in the bathroom fell off. People standing all out smoking right at the entrance of the building. Didn't have a trash can in the bathroom the towels was so thin till u was still wet once u dried off..

Nothing,

• Reviewed: December 15, 2017

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

Nothing. Very poorly run. Windows cracked,water did not work,telephone in room didn't work,you don't receive fresh bath towels each day

• Reviewed: November 22, 2017

The staff at this property was willing to help and very...
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

This is an extended stay facility that usually does weekly rates, except on gameday weekends and they will rent nightly for that weekend. The office hours are 9am to 9pm. If you plan to check in after that you must call a number and in my case it was the housekeeping/maintenance people that would check you in if they had a print out of your reservation. Booking.com decided to cancel our reservation for some reason at 8pm, so when we got there at 9:05pm there was not a record of our reservation. They had to call the manager to come and check us in. It took over an hour to check us in, but thanks to the friendly staff we did get a room by 10:20.

The staff at this property was willing to help and very friendly.

• Reviewed: November 20, 2017

Dangerous, sad, rundown, smells bad, knives holes in the wall.
    • Queen Studio - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Nothing at all. The staff even knows how bad this place is. I got my money back and got a room at a real hotel.

I didn’t like anything about this place. Pictures are misleading and the rooms are nasty and need updating. I did not feel safe at all and wouldn’t wish this place on anyone.

• Reviewed: November 16, 2017

Worse stay ever
    • Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

Everything!! Disgusting and filthy!!

Filthiest hotel I have ever stayed in. I will never ever use your site or that hotel again. Homeless people would not stay there.

• Reviewed: October 19, 2017

We paid for convenience this time.
    • Queen Studio with Two Queen Beds- Non-Smoking

It is not a 3 star place as we saw in ratings on this place here on Booking.com It is closer to a 2 star. We accepted a room on the 2nd floor. The 2nd room we looked at. No elevators. The handle fell off of the luggage cart and the cart was dirty. Garbage piled up in a corner in a dumpster near the entrance door. We stayed in the bldg across the parking lot from the office. Bathroom needs attention, like caulking and fixing the shower to work. We tried to sit in the tub and wash, a tall person or big person would not have been able to do it and wash/rinse their hair under the faucet. The end of the bathroom counter was not finished, it was missing. The ceiling was peeling above the shower. There was one light shower curtain and if you could take a shower, it would have flooded the floor. The light fixture is outdated, the light bulbs didn't match. The carpet was wet near one bed from the A/C. The carpet could have been cleaner between the beds. The outlet between the beds did not work at all (so the phone on the wall didn't work and the alarm clock) and part of another didn't work (by the table). The lamp shade between the beds was peeling. Two very small pillows not even like a standard size and no others in the room or a blanket. No iron but there was an ironing board. No hair dryer. The stove top area was very old and outdated and some plug or knob near it was scary looking. The fridge/freezer needs painting. There was paint all over the floor near the door. The doors sealant needs replacing. Outrageous price for this room just because of the football game and home coming. On check out we waited for a while for someone to arrive so we could turn in the key. Then I noticed a sign stating they would be in at 9 am... We pushed the key under the door as we had to go.

It was a quiet room on the 2nd floor. It was close to the University of AL. The staff told me it is a policy to have the customer check out the room before paying. We did. I turned down the 1st room because 1. Smell of smoke in the room. We booked a non smoking place. I don't want to see or smell it at all inside, whether it be a room or a hall. I was told this bldg smelled like smoke. I am guessing the first bldg close to the office was full. I asked. 2. Could not open the bathroom door all of the way as it hit the toilet. 3. The bath tub water was dripping. 4. Some red juice was in the sink, looked like Hawaiian punch fruit juice. So not clean. Full size fridge & freezer. Tiny 2 burner stove. New looking TV and microwave. Free WiFi with passcode. Free parking. Sheets were clean and mattresses looked new.

• Reviewed: October 19, 2017

Adequate for our purposes this time however our family will not use this hotel again in the future.
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The light fixture in the bathroom was VERY rusted. There were no cups in the bathroom. There was a live stinkbug on the draperies after we entered the room the first time. Many scuff-scratch marks on walls leading to room. We discovered a used woman's sanitary napkin in the waste basket in the bathroom shortly after initially entering our room. I am truly not a picky person however the hotel's owners obviously do not care about repeat customer visits otherwise they would attend to these issues proactively rather than reactively....its a shame because, again, it is in a prime location in Tuscaloosa.

Very convenient to the venue (and food options) we were visiting for a college football game.

Horrible
    • Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

Rooms were filthy and lots of big green flies hovering around. Walls, Refrigerator, stove, microwave, floors and Sofa were nasty dirty.

Parking and check-in Staff.

• Reviewed: October 16, 2017

It sucked big time I will stay in my vechicle if that's the only place to stay !!
    • Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

No hot water , definetly not Luke the pictures, smelled like pee, people smoking dope a few doors down!! It was gross and you couldn't even get your room cleaned or more than 2 small towels that would fit around an infant!!!

Absolutely nothing'

In a word. 'Sucked'
    • Queen Studio with Two Queen Beds- Non-Smoking

No soap no towels no pen no paper no shampo or conditioner. Flies everywhere. . Called to get these no one ever came. 257.00 for one night?? Unbelievable. Will not stay here again Telling people to not stay here.

• Reviewed: October 16, 2017

Dirty, poor quality hotel.
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

For $300 a night, I at least expected the room to be clean. It was dusty and bathroom was really dirty. Shower had non-existent water pressure - couldn't even take a shower.

This was the lowest priced hotel I could find for the Alabama game.

• Reviewed: September 19, 2017

will not be returning to this hotel
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Room had this stale odor of old carpet; light fixtures above the sink were covered with dust; facets and toilet stall were in bad shape and need to be updated. The room was spacious but didn't feel clean to me.

the only thing I liked about this place was its proximity to the university campus However, if you need your own refrigerator in the room - this place is for you

• Reviewed: September 18, 2017

I didn't stay I cannot sleep until I cannot sleep with dead flies as in the bed the bathtub nasty wi
    • Queen Studio with Two Queen Beds- Non-Smoking

I didn't like anything about it it needs to be cleaned it nasty filthy they will charge me $200 for one night in a filthy room

I didn't like anything about it it was dirty nasty flies in the room when the busted Old Blood on the wall blood in the chairs I did not stay there and I just thought I need to call and check my credit card

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

No air in the room! Sheets on the bed from the previous person's stay! Room was still dirty. House cleaning or property manager didn't even offer to clean!

• Reviewed: September 12, 2017

Very old and outdated NOT worth your stay at all!
    • Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

The furniture and the walls were dirty and stained. The bed was very uncomfortable and old sheets and old comforter. The AC unit was leaking allot of water. The bathtub was continuously running slowly. This room was maybe worth $50 not $160! If anything a 1 star not a 2 or 3!

• Reviewed: August 23, 2017

Dirty place and will never go back
    • Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

The place was very dirty, I think the sheets were not cleaned. The room was in various stages of repair. I was traveling with others, the room they were originally assigned was disgusting, stove was apart and food on the floor. It looked like a storage room and meth lab. Dirty laundry on floor, smoke detector disassembled, utlility carts in the room, latex gloves on floors and uncovered beds The representative (Edmund) was beside himself and was not sure what to do. I will never stay there again. I was afraid I brought home bugs. Not to mention the smell of marijuana emminating throughout the building

Location was convenient

Proximity to university
    • Queen Studio with Two Queen Beds- Non-Smoking

Dirty bathroom with not tub plug, shower didnt work. Carpet sticky and dirty. Walls dirty. Hallway smelked like weed. Told. front desk and they said its a smoking building

Proximity to university

• Reviewed: August 21, 2017

Ran out of toilet paper.
    • Queen Studio - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Ran out of toilet paper. Fire alarm was duct taped to wall. Faucet was coming out of tub. Kitchen did not have any glasses. Towels were as big as hand towels. The comforter was probably the original from the 70's

• Reviewed: August 7, 2017

Spend more money, stay somewhere else.
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was filthy and in very poor condition (bathroom door was broken, the bathtub would not drain, etc.). The staff was unable to assist with many of the issues, for example, the hotel ran out of towels and we were told nothing could be done because the housekeepers were nowhere to be found. The only reason why my rating is a 3.3 is because the property was close to the campus and parking was convenient.

The location was close to campus.

• Reviewed: August 7, 2017

This is the Worst Hotel
    • Queen Studio with Two Queen Beds- Non-Smoking

It was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. Dirty, disgusting room with disconnected fire alarm, dirty floors and walls + bugs squished on ceiling. I would NEVER stay again and will not recommend to anyone

• Reviewed: August 6, 2017

Worst motel experience ever!!!!!
    • Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

The motel staff was rude. No one was available to check us in when we arrived at 3:30 pm. We could hear people talking in the office with the door closed but they made us wait 40 minutes to check in. Our room was not ready. The room we got was awful. Only 2 bulbs in a 5 bulb bathroom fixture. Stains on the walls in the room. Holes in the carpet. Our room was located over the outside exit door so we heard it slam every time someone came and went.

Parking was easily accessible from road.

• Reviewed: July 25, 2017

Never again!!
    • Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

Management and the cleaning staff.

The management was racist and very rude, it's sad that still in today's time we still struggle with such ignorance. Our room was NEVER cleaned the whole time of our stay. My wife and I cleaned it ourselves. We borrowed their vacuum to do the floors and took out our own trash. But that's all good because that way we knew it was clean!! But the way the manager talk to me and my wife my jaw dropped. I've managed businesses before and regard the color of your skin or your heritage, I have never treated no one like they did us. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone... not even a dog!!

• Reviewed: July 11, 2017

I was so disappointed!
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The front desk staff struggled to make accommodations ready for us when the cleaning staff obviously didn't do their job. No pots or pans in kitchen. Had to pull teeth to get towels and then only could get 2 sets when we had 5 people in the room (that's because staff hadn't washed the linen). 1 room key. Air conditioning didn't work for 2 days. Toilet leaked. No covers for the pull out bed.( And all my son got was a flat sheet and a comforter from another room). I was overall disappointed.

The staff at the front desk was very nice. The nite maintenance man was so sweet.

• Reviewed: June 1, 2017

Good value, I would stay again
    • Queen Studio - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The smoke smell was really bad. I don't think I had the option in booking to ask for non smoking which would have been nice. Everything else was fine.

Very central location. Easy to get in and out. The price was great. It was graduation weekend and many places want you to do a weekend package. We really just wanted the one night which was awesome.

• Reviewed: May 26, 2017

the worst week of my life.
    • Queen Studio - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

the a/c did not work in my room, the alarm sensor was going off in the room and front office did nothing about which put my life in danger.

close to my new job.

• Reviewed: May 7, 2017

Wouldn't ever stay there again
    • Queen Studio with Two Queen Beds- Non-Smoking

I had an extremely bad experience. I tried calling the property at 7:50 because I was going to be later than 9 checking in. I never could get in touch with hotel desk, and kept being directed to booking/reservation office. They were not very helpful, and one person spoke such poor English that I couldn't even understand her.

• Reviewed: April 11, 2017

The location, parking, and staff were good.
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

When I arrived, both of my comforters were had a cut in them. The bathroom molding was coming apart. The remote control had duck tape on back of it. I felt the room were not worth $127.00.

The location, parking, and staff were good.

• Reviewed: February 26, 2017

Great hotel needs to focus on the little things.
    • Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

Like everything about the stay. Could be a bit more detailed clean in the room. Also no iron or pots and pans could have been added.

Old school feel, extended stay like hotel. Stay in the rooms upfront not in new suites by front desk. Love the location and price is reasonable for what you get.

• Reviewed: February 21, 2017

Clean extended stay facility with facilities, but little service.
    • Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

No dishes or utensils were in my room. Fortunately I travel with enough to get by even for a short trip.

Good setup for cooking on an extended stay with a large refrigerator, burners, and a microwave.

• Reviewed: February 19, 2017

You get what you pay for!
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The facilities had potential, but was not at all well maintained. The room we stayed in had visible trash from the previous occupants and was simply not cleaned properly.

• Reviewed: February 15, 2017

Not a pleasant stay
    • Queen Studio with Two Queen Beds- Non-Smoking

Up on check in room was dirty,popcorn in floor. Shoe prints inside tub. Went and changed rooms at office had to leave got back after nine pm. When I went into that room discovered no towels,no coffee maker,no soap,no tissue several other things called office they were closed but someone did answer told me to come to office and get towles and tissue. Picked up coffee maker next day.

Only the price

• Reviewed: October 23, 2018

No tube

• Reviewed: August 24, 2018

There were bugs in the rooms, and the stove didn't work.
    • Queen Studio - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

There were bugs in the rooms, and the stove didn't work. Mold in the bathroom. Ok

• Reviewed: August 22, 2018

Close to University
    • Queen Studio

Seemed a little run down. Shower head broke off when trying to use shower

Close to University

• Reviewed: June 20, 2018

Nasty place
    • Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

The was mood and rust in the room smelled like some had people who look trashy hanging around

• Reviewed: June 1, 2018

Stayed 3 nights .
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Stayed 3 nights .Would recommend this motel .Helpful staff and room very clean and spacious.

• Reviewed: May 30, 2018

Location was great

Outdated rooms.

Location was great

• Reviewed: May 21, 2018

Not a real good stay no soap in the room or a trash can
    • Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

No soap in the room and the shower didn't work

The refrigerator

• Reviewed: May 17, 2018

Hmmmmmm
    • Queen Studio with Two Queen Beds- Non-Smoking

How you guys never tell the truth about the property!!!!

• Reviewed: May 11, 2018

so much baby excellent

so much baby excellent

• Reviewed: May 6, 2018

Never would I let a homeless person stay here.

Dirty, nasty, unprofessional staff

Complete Dump

• Reviewed: April 26, 2018

• Queen Studio with Two Queen Beds- Non-Smoking

Carpet was severely stained. Rome had a odor vent fan in the bathroom didn't work. With Renovations that place could be much nicer

Could have been better

The check in time

Nothing really got started bad experience

• Reviewed: March 5, 2018

• Reviewed: December 27, 2017

Staff was nice and helpful

Staff was nice and helpful

• Reviewed: November 19, 2017

The location was perfect for where I was going.

Nothing negative

The location was perfect for where I was going.

• Reviewed: November 19, 2017

Not to bad
    • Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

Cigarette smell in hallways, exit door wouldnt close. No iron in the bedroom. Shower did not work.

Front desk staff very pleasant.

• Reviewed: November 12, 2017

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Misleading photos on website!

• Reviewed: November 7, 2017

• Queen Studio with Two Queen Beds- Non-Smoking

Cigarette smell everywhere. Carpets dirty. Front door didn’t close well.

• Reviewed: November 6, 2017

excellent
    • Queen Studio

excellent value and service that was very courteous and honest.

• Reviewed: November 2, 2017

I will never stay at this facility again.
    • Queen Studio with Two Queen Beds- Non-Smoking

Dirty floors, dead bugs on the bathroom counters. Awful smell, and dirty bed spreads.

Front staff was very friendly, Edmond!

• Reviewed: October 16, 2017

Good thing we weren't in the room much
    • Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

Room was not well taken care of, hallway smelled like smoke

Bed needed repair, pullout couch was not clean

• Reviewed: September 19, 2017

Disaster
    • Queen Studio with Two Queen Beds- Non-Smoking

Cigar smoke no towels never cleaned in 3 nights.

would not recommend
    • Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

beds terrible, cleanliness terrible.

would not stay there again, nothing

Terrible

• Reviewed: September 15, 2017

Disappointing.
    • Queen Studio with Two Queen Beds- Non-Smoking

They didn't clean the rooms properly, we had cockroachs crawling on the walls.

• Reviewed: August 24, 2017

Worst hotel room I have ever stayed in my life!!
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Horrible!!! Dirty, smelled, and had bugs!!

• Reviewed: August 23, 2017

Was able to lodged but not satisfy with the service.
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

cleanliness should be a priority.

• Reviewed: August 23, 2017

We were miserable I was charged at check in , had I actually seen room first I would not have stayed
    • Queen Studio with Two Queen Beds- Non-Smoking

Place was dirty, smelly and itchy. No elevator and first floor and stair well smelled like smoke.

A/C was cold

• Reviewed: August 21, 2017

Very Poor
    • Queen Studio with Two Queen Beds- Non-Smoking

There are no comments available for this review

• Reviewed: August 1, 2017

I will never stay there again or recommend someone to stay there
    • Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

Air did not work, switched rooms air still didn't work. Bed was to hard.

Nothing at all

• Reviewed: June 11, 2017

I couldn't get the stove to work, but everything else...
    • Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

I couldn't get the stove to work, but everything else was great!

We Price Match