Reviews of Viking Motel 2 stars

2107 East Thompson Boulevard, Ventura, CA 93001, USA

#2 of 23 hotels in Ventura

They were doing repairs near my room, noisy hammering and sawing until 9 pm. Also parking lot is small and difficult to get in and out or maneuver.

I stayed here to visit Channel Islands NP and go bicycling. Very bike friendly location and only a few miles from the Channel Islands ferry. Bike trails nearby. Very nice room with a kitchen with full size fridge, stove, oven, microwave, etc. No pots and pans, or cooking utensils provided though.

Overall very comfortable and clean place to stay for the price. Rooms have been upgraded, very nice kitchen is fully loaded for two people.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Kitchen - Non-Smoking

The outside of the motel could use a bit of updating. Also, supplying a few more coffee packets, dishsoap and a sponge for the kitchen would be welcome.

Once you enter the room, it's great! Really spacious and one of the most beautiful bath/showers I've ever seen at a hotel.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Kitchen - Non-Smoking

More amenities/plates glasses etc in the kitchen would have been a great add.

Very friendly staff and the room offered a nice kitchen, the shower is also spacious and offered a large bathtub. Value for money is good.

• King Suite with Spa Bath and Kitchen - Non-Smoking

The bath was not as clean as I would have liked.

The receptionist was really helpful, she received us even though we got in super late, and she gave us recommendations for the surrounding area. The room was a lot bigger and much more equipped than we expected.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Kitchen - Non-Smoking

Wish there was more parking and the locks where different to have more of a security. I also didn’t like that u had to pay first.

The room was beautiful staff was amazing

• King Suite with Spa Bath and Kitchen - Non-Smoking

Only complaint is they don’t have updated cars entry for the doors. They hand you an actual key which is one more thing for your pocket but, other than that, I had zero complaints. Parking lot is a bit small for big working trucks but again, not that bad.

Low price for an awesome updated room with a huge Jacuzzi tub, full kitchen, and large room. It’s not too far from downtown Ventura. Must check out and kill deal for what you get even though the building is older.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Kitchen - Non-Smoking

Can't imagine anything that could have been better.

The room was large, open, clean, and beautiful. The updated shower/tub and vanity areas were very nice. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Really added to the whole experience of our trip!

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Kitchen - Non-Smoking

It's hard to say anything negative because we really liked it, but the parking was very tight. Fortunately we have a small car but I almost backed into a large truck and i had barely moved from my spot. If you have a large SUV or Truck you may want to call the motel ahead of booking to make sure there will be a spot for your vehicle.

The shower was seriously THE BEST shower I've ever used in a hotel or at a resort. The kitchen was clean and beautifully remodeled. The owner was so friendly and genuine. I would definitely recommend this especially for people traveling with kids or if you are like us and like to bring/prepare your own food. I was concerned that there would be road noise at night but you could have heard a pin drop it was so quiet. We will definitely be back.

• King Room with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

The room was very clean and comfortable. The decor was great. In the kitchen was everything you needed to cook.pots pans dishes. It has a feal of an nice apartment. Excellent. I would recommend it to anyone. After stay here, deffenatly would like to stay here nexy time I get aa room.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Kitchen - Non-Smoking

Disorganized and unprofessional staff. Wrong room assigned and long waiting. Weird and unclean room. No breakfast. Noisy along highway. Loud AC. Would definitely NOT recommend you to stay with them.

• Family Studio

I have one gripe - they provided FOAM COFFEE CUPS! I thought they were already illegal in California. Even if they aren't they should be as they as SO detrimental to the environment. There was other crockery and cutlery in the kitchen (real not plastic or foam) so why not cups? There are very few motels or hotels that do not provide real cups these days.....the only other problem was the heater made plenty of noise - weird little noises which may be fixable? It definitely disturbed my sleep before I used earplugs.

It was a nice, spacious room in a good location and good value for money. Comfortable beds! The staff were easy to deal with, friendly and accommodating.

• King Room with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

The location is very weird! I also came into my hotel room the pee still in the toilet, so that was gross!

The room was honestly really nice and the hotel itself was great!

• Family Studio

It’s a good motel if you travel with everything you need. Kitchen but no napkins or paper towels. No extra pillows. Extra towels very difficult to get. No ice machine. No corkscrew. No dishsoap. Very few plates cups etc. Coffee maker and coffee but NO MUGS. We stayed one night so ok but just not convenient.

Beds were comfortable and room was roomy. Bathroom and kitchen newly remodeled.

• King Room with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

When we checked in our room was not ready. We got there at 5 and told the room would not be ready until five. REALLY! Instead they gave us a room with two beds..Not exactly the way we planned to begin the first night of a trip up the coast for Valentines Day.

It was pleasantly updated with crown molding and a full kitchen and modern bath. Items in the kitchen good have been cleaner (silverware) and the outside of the room, (in front and back) were cluttered with construction debris and furniture. Its convenient to many restraints and we found a fun fish house (mackenzies) down the street for dinner and a cafe for breakfast with in walking distance.

Nothing it was just fine everything about it was just great nothing wrong with the facility nothing wrong with the area nothing wrong with the staff everybody was very nice

Nice staff very big nice rooms for a very good price and availability of all u u need close by stors laundry Matt's very nice

• King Suite with Spa Bath and Kitchen - Non-Smoking

The parking is very cramped, but really does it even matter?! We had somewhere to park and that's wonderful

I rented the room for the Jacuzzi bathtub and was not disappointed! The room is beyond clean and has a huge kitchen (although I don't think I'll be using it) the bathroom has a beautiful shower! Overall kitchy atmosphere makes for a whole wonderful romantic getaway with my girl !

• King Room with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

Not much at all to say bad about this place. If you were going to stay for an extended period you might want a couple extra dishes ,pans or glasses but there are enough there for basics.

Very friendly woman at the front desk. We had reserved a king room with kitchen. Upon arrival we were put In a double queen, we inquired about it and we were instantly upgraded to the Jacuzzi king suite. Super clean, comfortable bed and great water power! All around for the price one of the best places on the PCH.

Brand new upscale tile bathroom with multi head shower, hair dyer, LARGE FULL kitchen with full size fridge, stove, microwave, toaster and toaster oven, pots, pans, dishes glass glasses, excellent room heater, comfortable bed, Clean new carpet, full size closet, flat screen TV.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Kitchen - Non-Smoking

There is no ice machine or anything besides the rooms and handful of parking spaces.

The staff is very friendly and the location was convenient not far from downtown. The room was spacious the bathroom and kitchen were newly updated. The sleeping area is nothing fancy but the beds were comfortable. The property isn't very large it's a no frills mostly updated little place. Not bad for the price. Would stay here again.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Kitchen - Non-Smoking

Everything you need is in your hotel room. It is beautiful inside. Like others have said its a secret gem. Everything you except at your high end hotels are here at this little hidden hotel.

• King Suite with Spa Bath and Kitchen - Non-Smoking

I was pleasantly surprised at the rooms which from outside may not seem good but the inside--especially the Jacuzzi rooms just beyond amazing! Towels even were perfection

Parking is tight.

Outside does not let you know what a hidden gem one has come upon. Rooms are newly renovated, clean and have full kitchens eith full sized appliances. Will defetinetly Be back.

Well the Viking hotel has great hospitality and front desk and her husband has great hospitality great customer service and they know how to keep the service clean happy I would recommend anyone to come to this little cozy place is better than a Vegas hotel thank you

Large room, comfortable bed, love the roomy shower; there is a full kitchen; booked my room here based on reviews, only here one night as I head up the coast. Would definitely consider staying here again.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Kitchen - Non-Smoking

Front door of our room had a broken lock, we found our room unlocked. Could only lock deadbolt from inside. Kitchenette had dishes & pans in drying dish rack on counter. Bathroom had ants. No wifi, although called front desk to get sign in id info, did not work. Glad we arrived late and left early!

Front desk lady was polite.

No complaints!!

The owners were extremely friendly, room was extremely clean and the motel was remodeled. Definitely felt like a 3 to 4 star in the room. Room had kitchen, which made it excellent to store and cook food. Loved the jacuzzi bathtub. I will be staying here again and I'm still in awe of the low price. Loved it!!!!!!

Got reported to the Ventura Ca, health services department.

My dog got infested with fleas. At 1 am we had to leave the room because our pet was covered with fleas and my legs covered with flea bites. I asked for my money back and was denied, the manager told me that I had brought the fleas with me.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Kitchen - Non-Smoking

The parking was a little tight and the parking stalls were not assigned.

The kitchen was nicely appointed.....it had everything for an extended stay. The room was a bargain at $90 per night. An easy walk to local restaurants.

• King Room with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

indoor jacuzzi, needed more of a couple of small items...coffee, kleenex

easy parking, newly updated interior with nice kitchen, plenty of towels, nice bedding, comfy bed, internet, large tv, very clean inside and outside site...GREAT SWEET FAMILY!!

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Kitchen - Non-Smoking

That we couldn't stay longer.

The outside looks vintage, but the rooms are very modern and clean. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. The price is so reasonable.

Attendant said he tried to contact me regarding card info..didnt try to email us when he said the wrong number was given..really doubt that.. and gave us a smaller room. They advertise kitchenette but ours didn't even have any kind of table.

• Family Studio

I think the only thing I didn't like was finding a dead mosquito on the floor

I loved the fact that they offer 3 queen beds in the room and it was equipped with a full kitchen. It was generally clean and everything seemed new. The location is great with easy access to the mall, restaurants, freeway and beach. The staff was friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend this hotel!

Unbelievably comfortable beds and extremely clean and remodeled rooms. The tile work in the bathrooms and kitchen are some of the best work I've ever seen and I do this for a living! The guy that checked me in was extremely helpful and directed me where I could safely park a small cargo trailer I had brought with me. I will most definitely stay here again.

Parking

I loved the room it was first class clean and new. Really nice and we could have pets. This hotel is top notch and probably not well known or advertised as nice of a place as it is. It's amongst the best I've stayed in.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Kitchen - Non-Smoking

Ravin was very helpful AND HAS A GREAT ATTITUDE . HE WAS VERY KNOWLEDGABLE AT ANSWERING ANY ? I HAD AND WENT OUT OF HIS WAY TO ACCOMDIATE ME BUY OFFERING ME A MORE SUTIABLE RATE FOR MY STAY. I DEFIENTLY FIND THIS LOCATION AT EASE AND VERY CLEAN AS WELL AS MODERN LOOK WITH VEEY COMFORTABLE BEDS. THANK YOU VICKING MOTEL FOR ACCOMMODATING ME AND MAKEING MY STAY A POSTIVE EXPERIENCE . -Rick R-

Upgraded to kitchen suite. Walked to the best breakfast in Ventura - Pete's Beach House! Owners are in the process of upgrading and improving the property - still in progress.

The internet connection at the hotel was incredibly slow. Parking is limited, so if I didn't arrive in time, I'd have to park in the back alley.

The room was spacious and very nice. The bathroom was clean and the shower great. Although I didn't take advantage of the kitchen, it was also very nice. Although it is on a main street, the noise was kept to a minimum at night and I felt very safe.

view of the beach-outside needed some repairs-which were in progress

the room was newly remodeled - so everything was clean and spacious-great shower and kitchen had new appliances

Motel has a rundown look from the outside but rooms are large, clean and comfortable. Friendly motel owner and location of the property is excellent with restaurants, grocery stores and the mall nearby. Beach is a 5min drive.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Kitchen - Non-Smoking

Paper towels in the kitchen would have been nice.

The room was very spacious and very clean. The kitchen was big with a stove, microwave, and large fridge. The rooms have been renovated and are lovely. The beds were so comfortable!

Big room with fully equiped kitchen,bathroom with walk-in shower and parking. Very easy to find,close to the freeway. The staff was very nice and helpful ,and the room was relly clean. Great value for money!

• King Suite with Spa Bath and Kitchen - Non-Smoking

Kitchenette had DIRTY dishes and pans in cupboards and in fish drainer by sink! Furnishings were either new and nice or OLD, stained and looked to be from a garage sale. Bars on windows,trash outside window was our view, key lock- no chain on door. Paid $267.only b/c we were desperate to sleep. I am sick about the money spent. See photos! Oh and shower was on same floor as toilet so entire floor flooded when showering! Sorry pics came through sideways and upside down.

Bed was comfy.

The noise. As nice as the room was, I couldn't sleep at all because I could hear every noise from the room above and next to me. It sounded like people were stomping around the whole room above me, and I could hear the TV all night. That part was aweful, and the only reason that I can't give the place as good of a rating as I would like to.

The room layout was the best with a full kitchen, open shower w/2 shower heads, and nicely decorated. The bed was very comfortable, and it had a great TV. The room looked newly remodeled. I was impressed!

• King Room with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

Wifi was painfully slow. We gave up using it. No ice maker on the premises. Ice maker /water in refrigerator was not hooked up.

One of the mattresses was very comfortable. The A/C worked good. The shower was very nice. The kitchen was clean.

• King Room with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

Everything was great and positive. There is nothing wrong with accomodation.

Very nice staff. Mr at the reception helped and adviced with everything. Rooms and bathroom were very clean and comfortable. Everything is renovated. There is large kitchen with large fridge, toaster and large oven.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Kitchen - Non-Smoking

I dont like a very soft mattress but alot of people do so I wouldnt hold this against the hotel. As a firm mattress is best for me, it was a slight ding in the comfort category for me but aside from this, everything else was perfect.

I have to give extra kudos to the Kitchen and bathroom. It was was a pleasant surprise to find such a high caliber kitchen and bathroom in a motel!

Location isn't great but fine for an overnight stop over on way back to LAX. Coffee machine in room was missing some parts. Had to improvise!

Don't be put off by the shabby exterior. The rooms are massive with a huge comfy bed, full kitchenette, big walk in shower and very clean. Didn't reserve a parking space but had no problem parking. Lots of spaces available. Excellent bar/bowling alley with live music and really good food just down the road called the Discovery. Turn right out of hotel. Bar on opposite side of the road. About a five minute walk.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Kitchen - Non-Smoking

One minor issue bathtub plug broken. Grand-daughter loves baths. Had to improvise.

Were willing to accomadate to our desires. Room and beds were great kitchen wow great. We had 2 rooms one had been remodeled bathroom great. Overall we made a great choice. Staff was great, and of course clean.

Staff very good & co operative,rooms very roomy,kitchen has full facility for cooking, oven,toaster,fridge, utensils etc.ironing board,parking space available.Would definetly love to stay again.Feld more like staying in three to gour star hotel.

The room was overall fine. The real problem was the guests in the room above us. They had their TV on a very high volume and they literally had the TV on all night. We did not sleep at all. I finally called the staff at 5 am and requested help with having the other guests turn down the TV. The staff member said that he would call. It is unknown if the call was made because the volume never decreased. We just packed up our belongings and left the motel by 6am. I recognize that it was not the owners fault that inconsiderate guests were on the premises. However, I will never return to this motel because of our bad experience.

The bed was comfortable.

The outside of the property is very shabby and tired would need some attention

The room was fantastic very large with full kitchen ahd good bathroom.It was all very well decorated

We pulled up late at night and the motel looked a little run down from the outside. Checked in and got our key (an actual key!), opened the door to the room and discovered that the room was huge! Full kitchen, huge TV, nice bathroom. Everything looked like it had been recently renovated. The bed was even comfy. Don't be nervous when you pull up, the inside is really pretty nice! All for $75!

Only pluses - nothing negative!!!

Great place, clean, friendly personal, two big beds, flat tv, wi-fi, great kitchen!!! Recommend to the people who seek 3stars more hotels - this place for you guys!!!

The room was incredible. We couldn't believe that this was a motel. The most comfortable bed, huge tv and all the cooking facilities you could need. Staff were so nice also. Would definitely stay here again.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Kitchen - Non-Smoking

But no cleaning supplies to wash pots or pans. I used shampoo. The kitchen was small however and the table to eat and chairs were were small. The bathroom has very cheap paper package shampoo and soap. The bedding was rough blankets. Basically the sleeping accommodations was a 2 star. The kitchen appliances were top notch.

The remodeled and uodated kitchen was excellent. New gas range and oven. Full size microwave and refrigerator. Bathroom was also remodeled with a great shower.

• King Suite with Spa Bath and Kitchen - Non-Smoking

We were in a very luxurious, newly remodeled suite with a huge fully equipped kitchen (nicer than our apartment in LA), jacuzzi tub and clean comfy king bed. We brought our little dog with us and the staff were very friendly and accomodating. Great place! This will be our new go-to spot in Ventura.

The kitchens, although well supplied with appliances like nice stoves refrigerators and toasters were randomly supplied with utensils (no spoons in one room, and some in the other). (we booked two rooms) The coffee pots were inadequate: small, and pouches of coffee supplied were for 4 cups, yet there was no pot, only styrofoam cups.

The rooms were pleasant; up kept and modernized. We liked the use of eclectic furnishings in each room (as opposed to the uniformity of chain motel furnishings.) We were able to have windows open for cross-through ventilation. The rooms were spacious, comfortable and the TV more than adequate. The staff was friendly, and assisted us promptly with questions or concerns.

• King Room with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

No light for desk. Used small table in kitchen. Small parking lot--afraid to move the car to go anywhere for fear I'd lose the spot. Room was upstairs next to Thompson Ave. A little noisy.

The kitchenette was a nice bonus. Only used the freezer, but for the price ($119), seemed a nice added touch. No pool, no other frills (like breakfast). Good restaurant (Soria's) nearby for dinner (killer margaritas), and great little cafe (Corner Cafe) for breakfast.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

n/a

Very affordable motel. We needed a room for one night and were not disappointed. Room was very roomy and didn't have a couch as shown in the pictures, but had an even better set of connected recliners with a table in between them. I always hate having to sit on the bed to watch tv. Bathroom was nice also, all the basic amenities you need. We got the king bed and it was very nice, soft and big. There was also a dresser where we were able to put our suitcases on and another table under the wall-mounted flat screen tv. Also included a walk in closet. Overall we would stay here again in the future. The manager we talked to, both in checking and checking out (same guy), was very nice and even offered to upgrade us to a kitchenette suit, just for using Booking.com. But we decided to stay in the original room we booked since it was downstairs and had the sofa/recliners.

Although the motel looked a bit run down from the outside the room interior was recently refurbished and the facilities were great - room, kitchenette & bathroom all very neat.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Kitchen - Non-Smoking

We were a little unsure when we got to the hotel, but we were very surprised when we got into our room. It was very clean on the inside. Nice little place to say. Not too far off the freeway.

Parking lot was a little small

Management was very friendly, rooms were nice and clean, beds were comfortable, it was a very pleasant stay and we will definitely stay here again.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

Only down side were the footsteps from upstairs and someone who snores very loudly, but too tired to care.

Nice. We were travel weary after a long flight and an intense day around la and fighting traffic. Enjoyed a comfortable bed, heaps of Rv channels and easy access restaurants

Nothing - Great place to stay

Extremely friendly staff Huge rooms with all facilities Parking is no problem just a few roads away from some great restaurants Short drive to beach ( it is walkable ) Huge Fridge , massive cooking range and microwave I have been staying here a month while re locating and it is great value, easy access and very quiet, even though I am roadside. Highly recommended

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Exterior bit outdated and room needed few finishing touches. But still good value for money and would highly recommend this motel.

Newly remodelled room with big kitchen! Really clean and nice looking room.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

Almost everything. The room we stayed in was renovated so it was nice room 26

The renovated room was fine but the hotel was like a druggie hotel in a bad part of town very misportrayed. There were people who live there smoking and being loud outside!

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

We were upgraded to a room with a kitchen. The owner told us he was doing everything up. The room we stayed in was lovely, very well decorated with large kitchen. The beds were so comfortable and the room was clean and spacious. Can walk to the seafront. We stayed here on our way to LA, made to feel very welcome.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

There was a dirty ashtray on the railing outside my door. Would be a bit more professional to have a ashtray bin or a designated smoking area.

It took some coordination between the manager, Patrick and Booking.com, to change my check in date but it wasn't a particularly difficult process. Both Patrick and the Booking.com rep was very helpful. When I checked i,n Patrick moved me to another room to accommodate my need for a kitchen and bathtub. The outside of the property and my room is a bit dated in a elecatic kind of way and there was some renovation work happening. However, my room was roomy, clean and relatively quiet. There is outside off street parking. Patrick tells me that they are in the process of renovating all the rooms. I do get the sense that the owners/keepers care about the property and the guests. I was in biking distance to downtown Ventura and the beaches. All in all, I was very happy with the accommodations.

A complimentary breakfast (fruits, etc.) would have been great too.

Very nice staff. Got a complete new refurbished room with kitchen and very comfort beds. Everything was clean. Enough space for two adults and one child. Would stay in this appartment again!

• King Room with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

No elevator. If you are not on the first floor prepare for a 15 step haul.

Bed comfortable. Shower very nice, soft fluffy towels. Full kitchen, gas stove, home size refrigerator. Clean room, spacious. 50" television. Quiet. No breakfast, but that was fine. The money saved on the room left many $$$$ for breakfast at a local restuarant.

Transportation

The room was all newly decorated. All new appliances and the bed was very comfortable.The staff were very friendly and helpful.The shower was nice with an oversized shower head very nice....

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

See above

The newly remodeled room was beautiful and included high quality fixtures, appliances, bedding, etc. . Location is not the safest, but was quiet and fairly close to the beach and downtown shopping. The parking situation was not the best, but not a whole lot to work with taking into account the size lot the motel is located on. Staff was very friendly and professional . Overall, was pleasantly surprised with what this small motel offered:) thank you!

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Its a little far from the city center but close to the beach...a good trade off.

The staff was really great, the room was big and the kitchenette was very clean and had new appliances.

• Reviewed: 3 April 2017

?

I was upgraded to a newly remodeled room👍Staff was so nice~laid back . Close to the beach and Main St.( pubs & shopping) was there for a Venue in Ojai

Browse Viking Motel traveller photo gallery