Reviews of Hotel Viking 4 stars

1 Bellevue Avenue, Newport, RI 02840, USA

#13 of 17 hotels in Newport

• Manor Room

The whole experience was delightful from the exceptional waitress the first night and the fire pit to the nice valet guys and the added bicycles and to the rooftop bar ! Would definitely recommend and return

• Newport Room, 2 Queens

The beds were uncomfortable. Arrived on a Sunday and wanting to relax before dinner, we were interrupted by the men three doors down using their loud power tools.

We enjoyed the pool. The location was nice.

• Manor Room

The room itself was a bit tight but we were trading charm for space! The bathroom was very clean however, the size at times was an issue, no hooks for clothing, nowhere to put a used towel and due to the space limitations the sink was very small. The shower however was spacious with a rainfall showerhead.

Loved the charm of staying in the older section of the hotel. Staff was very friendly and attentive. The rooftop bar was very relaxing and the staff very attentive.

• Estate Room

Being an older property (the original structure dating from 1926) and myself being 6’ 5” tall, navigating around the light fixtures in the hallways and elevator lobby was a bit of a challenge.

Great atmosphere, comfortable accommodations and very friendly staff. The rooftop bar is a must visit, if only for the fantastic view. Most sights are within an easy walk but there’s also a trolley bus stop just outside the front entrance that takes you downtown and out to the mansions. It runs every 20 minutes and is a great alternative to driving and finding parking.

• Estate Room

Parking was not free. It was valet parking and it cost an additional $40 per night. You had to let them know 15 minutes ahead of time when you needed your car and they would get it from the lot for you. Rooms did not have fridges in them but they were available on request on a first come first serve basis.

The bed was the most comfortable hotel bed I’ve ever slept on and the room and bathroom were clean and big! WiFi was complimentary.

• Newport Room, 2 Queens

They couldn’t check us in until after 4 and when they did they gave us keys to someone else’s room. We walked in on someone. Embarrassing and unacceptable.

The location was great. Close to everything

• Newport Room, King Bed

Plumbing needs fixing. Shower head didn't work well, toilet ran all night, bathroom sink water really slow. Everything super expensive! Tiny bathroom. Didn't like liquid soaps. No free soap or body lotion or shampoo. Glad I took my own. For close to $500 a night, you'd think you'd get something free?

The facility was nice. Staff great! Location great! rooftop excellent!

• Estate Room

Great location, close to shopping, restaurants, sightseeing. Roof top bar was relaxing and casual, great place to unwind. Staff was helpful and very pleasant. Hotel Viking is our hotel of choice for all future visits.

• Newport Room, King Bed

Housekeeping needs to do a better job at keeping the hallways and lobby area clean. Looks like they don't vacuum a lot and it doesn't help with the first impression. In room cleaning can be improved too. Poor wifi, kept on disconnecting every 15 minutes.

Beautiful property and very attentive staff

• Newport Room, 2 Queens

The room was next to construction- checked in on Friday night. Was told no construction on the weekend - BIG LIE. Awoke to jack hammering next to our heads at 8 AM on Saturday morning. Asked to be moved. They gave me a very hard time and then tried to move us directly beneath the construction. Asked to be moved again- 3rd room was only accessible by stairs and I was traveling with my 85 year old mother and handicapped sister. The staff is rude and inconsiderate. they all lie and I would never stay there again for numerous reasons. Even speaking to the manager did nothing to help.

Bed was comfortable. The spa is good. The location is convenient.

Food

We for special occasion, received email prior to coming and asked to upgrade room and have food in room at check-in. Did not receive either. Room and bathroom were so small you could not even turn around. Food was great at restaurant a little pricey but worth it.

• Newport Room, 2 Queens

The room was too small to comfortably accommodate 3 people, bathrooms were extremely small, decor was disappointing, light came through the cracks of the front door during the night and made it difficult to sleep not to mention the uncomfortable beds.

Lunch was good at the restaurant, Mother's Day brunch was decent, and location was very good. Very nice staff.

• Newport Room, King Bed

We were on the fourth floor, in a king room. The stopper for the bath was missing/broken. There was a tremendous rattling/grating noise off the aircon. I rang down to reception to ask how to switch it off and a workman was sent to the room. It was resolved via a setting on the controller. By resolved, I mean no aircon at all. However, the room grew warm during the night. And this was in very mild temperatures (early May). There is no way I would accept this in warm weather- why pay for a place that offers aircon, if it's only going to keep you awake the entire night while also grating on your nerves? Also, the sink was very slow to drain, and the shower head and bath tap could do with a decent scrub. I see from the hotel's responses to comments here on booking.com that they always pounce on compliments towards the staff. But good staff in the hospitality is nothing exceptional - it is to be expected. The hotel has also said in numerous comment replies that it will forward on the info to make things better going forward etc. Well, the noisy aircon has already been mentioned here. As have the slow drains. And the shower heads. You know you have good staff - you don't need to work on that. But you also know that the hotel has physical shortcomings - those are what you need to concentrate on. We will be back to Newport, but not to this hotel. Good front of house staff aren't everything - we were paying a decent price for a decent room with decent ensuite, and it was underwhelming for the price that we paid.

Staff were very pleasant - always courteous and helpful. Hotel is in a convenient location. We were able to store our luggage before check-in and after check-out.

• Newport Room, 2 Queens

The bathroom layout is odd --- the shower & toilet are in one room and the sink/closet is combined across from them. Our toilet was also too close to the shower and it was far from the toilet paper roll on the wall, most likely because the door couldn't swing into the room fully if the toilet was centered in the space properly.

Beautiful hotel with really helpful & friendly staff! We had purchased a case of beer from a local brewery prior to our arrival so they were kind enough to store it in their fridge for our entire stay. I had requested a quiet section of the hotel as I was there with my young children so I really appreciated that accommodation was made without any issue. It was nice having complimentary car service the entire time, the drivers were very friendly and didn't keep us waiting for long even on Friday/Saturday nights when it was very busy.

• Newport Room, 2 Queens

Was a little annoyed that the woman at the desk could not tell me a breakfast place within walking distance, because there are so many. But someone else at the desk stepped in and gave a recommendation.

Loved the hotel. I'm very familiar with Newport, but never stayed at the Viking.

• Newport Room, 2 Queens

Our room was never cleaned and then we called the front desk and were told someone would be up to clean it in 20 minutes they never showed. The front desk did take off 25% of 1 night's stay to make up for the error. No extra toilet paper in the room--just the one on the roll, water was slow to drain in the sink and bathtub so when we showered we ended up standing in 6 inches of water. Although the restaurant was very convenient and the wait staff was great we had to send food back on 2 separate occasions because it was cold.

The hotel decor, furniture and carpets were new and lovely. The live music in the lobby was great. Great location.

• Newport Room, 2 Queens

Very rude woman checked us in, told me "you look like you had a terrible drive in". Check in is very very late 4pm... we sat in the lobby for 2 hrs. Hotel under construction all afternoon we heard crashing and breaking of glass as lamps and other old furnishings were bieng discarded. The next morning we woke to scraping metal of a large truck removing construction dumpster at 7:30am. Then again at 8 the new dumpster arrived and again loud noises. This is supposed to be historic hotel, most rooms are actually in a "motel like wing" located off the main hotel. This motel section has no character. The toilet is on one side of the room with the bathtub, and the sink to wash your hands is across the hall in another room. It was all very disappointing.

Valet & food service folks were great. Bed linens were comfortable.

• Newport Room, 2 Queens

Dirty glasses in room, not a "comfy" feeling, room was way too far from lobby elevator, again.....desk people...not warm & welcoming.....felt like I was just a number.

Bell& carboys were the friendliest we met.

• Manor Room

Had to wait almost an hour to check-in. Check-out: valets were excellent. Concierge lackluster. Bartenders were personable and helpful.

Bed was very comfortable. Valets were excellent.

• Newport Room, 2 Queens

Hotel lost power from 2 pm until 2Am we sat in the dark and were not offered anything for this inconvenience Also there was a lot of renovation going on. The smell of paint was a bit nauseating

• Newport Room, 2 Queens

We had a power outage the night we were there. It lasted about 8 hours. And affected half the hotel. It was not the hotel’s fault but maybe keeping the kitchen open longer or a complimentary snacks in the lobby would have been nice for the people without power hanging in the lobby charging phones and keeping warm by the fireplace

• Manor Room

They were going through renovations (which is always a good thing, but still kinda messy around those areas), they also never cleaned our room because they were backed up, even when we asked- however the desk made it up when we checked out but taking out the hotel fees

Beds really comfortable, love the bar downstairs, over all really nice hotel

• Newport Room, 2 Queens

Hotel was under construction so was a pain getting to the room. Had to go down a floor on the elevator, walk across the hotel and take another elevator to go up. Would have been easier if we found a way to take stairs! Our room did not have heat, it was pumping out cold air and was freezing, had to get Maintence to come and reset and then it worked. Not a big deal, but when I tried to use the cold water in the sink it did not go on. I open the valve and water was leaking everywhere under the sink. When we asked to get that fixed they told us they could not that night because the water on the whole floor needed to be shut off. I asked to inform the staff and see if they could maybe change our room but never heard from anyone. At check out the next morning I informed the girl at the desk and she said “oh ok I’ll have someone check it out.” No apologies for the inconvenience or anything. She really didn’t seem to care. I understand things go wrong but addressing it would have gone a long way.

The receptionist Sam was great, check in was easy, he informed us that getting to the room was a bit complicated and told us about the activities the hotel had going on that night. They had icecream in the pool area, live music in the lounge and s’mores outside at the fire! Good location, room was very cozy and decorated very nicely. Clean and comfortable.

• Newport Room, 2 Queens

They are currently renovating rooms in the hotel, specifically the floor directly above ours. They begin construction at 7am which was extremely loud with thuds and bangs that shook the room. It was like we were directly under a bowling alley. Thank goodness we’re there only one night on a stopover and not much longer.

Staff was friendly, helpful and informative. Great lobby bar.

• Newport Room, 2 Queens

I did not like that the location was under construction and I was not informed until my arrival. I did not like that you could here the work and the workers from my room

I like that the staff was friendly. I liked the valet

• Manor Room

Okay food, I guess most hotels do not have the best food though.

Loved the room it was very comfortable, the bathroom was amazing and the bed even better!

• Newport Room, King Bed

Bed sagged a bit. Had to wait 20 minutes for my lunch to be served in the bar area.

The restaurant was very good -- especially the dinner menu. Pool and spa were nice though the shower in the pool area only ran cold water.

• Manor Room

The room was very small and crowded. I am glad I was with my daughter only. There is no room for more. The bathroom was very tiny. The room had a musty smell. We stayed for 2 nights, our room was not cleaned or the bed made. TV is placed on the wall next to the bed in an awkward location, not comfortable to watch. The room was too expensive with lots of extra fees and $80 for valet parking....

Great location, nice pool, very nice staff and good food!

• One-Bedroom Suite

Beautiful building inside and out.the hotel employees were among the best I've had the pleasure to deal with. This was my 15th anniversary with my wife and the Viking crew made it a memorable one . Had an amazing time and we will definitely be visiting again. Well done Viking!!

• Manor Room

The Viking is a very old hotel and, although I love the historical charm, some things could be updated. I was on the fourth floor and I could hear the valets talking. I can imagine it would be very noisy in the summer. Double-paned windows would be nice.

The Spa was lovely and relaxing.

• Newport Room, 2 Queens

The Viking totally messed up out reservations, we were a group of 17 friends and u like the previous year they put us on different floors and gave us the wrong rooms

The Viking is conviently located within walking distance to all the great shopping and dining places

• Manor Room

Great location to town, harbor, restaurants and shopping. Friendly and informative valet service. Welcoming, efficient receptionists. Easy check-in/check-out. Comfortable beds and pillows. Great shower.

• Manor Room

I travel quite a bit for both work and leisure, and the people here were by far and away the nicest staff I’ve experienced. Everyone from the bell men, concierge, restaurant staff, etc. were exceptionally kind and accommodating. The property was also in a great location- walking distance to a great nightlife scene with restaurants, bars, and all of in-town but far enough away to have its own quiet environment. Highly recommend.

• Newport Room, King Bed

Is been a common theme with hotels lately for "modern" bath rooms. The tile work is beautiful but the rest of the room in neglected. Toilet wobbles, bottom of door drags on ground. Various little nitpicks.

I made a note that it was my wife's birthday, they surprised her with a card and fudge.

• Manor Room

The receptionist was exceptionally lovely, and made our stay very easy; she also recommended good places to eat around the hotel. I also loved the central location, and the cleanliness and comfort of the room.

• Newport Room, 2 Queens

Low points-The desk staff behaved in an unprofessional way at times, was a little surprised by that since they are front and center. We made reservations ahead of time for afternoon tea and asked if the kitchen could accommodate our allergies and they said yes. They didn’t have anything ready and after we asked again about allergies they brought out foods full of things we are allergic to. The only shining light in this was your employee, Mikayla. She made it all right and went above and beyond to accommodate us. Felt underwhelmed by the experience since we had spoke to your staff ahead of our visit and they assured us there wouldn’t be an issue. The hotel had nice spots to spend time, but was not to level I thought it would be by the pictures on the site. Our bathroom was outdated, maybe it is still undergoing renovations? The pool was okay but the carpeting around the pool was gross and there were ants on the furniture. Good points- I’d like to try the rooftop bar come nice weather. The seafood chowder was delicious. The location was great. The exterior of the hotel is attractive and some areas are nice and well done. Our room was comfortable despite the state of the shower.

• Newport Room, 2 Queens

The hotel is under construction. They don't let you know that when you book. When you arrive there is a sign that says part in our renovation. The main problem is we could not use the running water in our room because it was always Brown from the construction so we could not brush your teeth in the room take a shower nothing. No matter how long we ran the water it remained brown and yellow.

the place is beautiful, the room is beautiful the staff is friendly.

• Newport Room, 2 Queens

The Hotel is mechanically noisy with large H-VAC systems either over your room or outside the window. Because it is an historic hotel, there is no updated, modern insulation from the noise of the H-VAC. We did not sleep well! After changing rooms 3 TIMES, we pretended we were aboard the Titanic and were hearing the sound of the engines. We didn't sleep any better, but the story (and cocktails) helped to make the experience more tolerable. Oh and the hotel was also under construction. They started at 9:00 a.m. and ended at 6:00 p.m., even on Sundays.

The staff was exceptional. We had problems which they addressed to the best of their ability.

• Newport Room, 2 Queens

Terrible room with noise all day! Restaurant was awful in every respect.

Called and e mailed about quiet room, no one mentioned all the construction! Awful noise all day. Restaurant had bugs. Terrible food and dinning experience . Lots of fees for nothing!!

• Manor Room

Staff were incredibly friendly, professional and efficient. Hotel beautifully updated, while maintaining old touches of elegance. Location terrific. Dinner in the restaurant was wonderful as well.

The construction noise was loud Friday 4:30 ish to 5:30 (when we checked in) Saturday afternoon (hammering, drilling, and constrant grinding) and started at 9 am on Sunday morning. The tiny service elevator that we needed to use in order to get to our room was not what we expected from this level of hotel. The bedpost was broken (looked like someone had taken a chunk out of it and was wobbly) the shower floor was spongy.

The staff is efficient, helpful and go above and beyond.

• Newport Room, 2 Queens

The hotel was undergoing renovations that we were not told about when checking in. The hallways, elevator and stairwells were pretty much in shambles. Overall stay was nice, but don't think we should have paid a $25 resort fee when there is banging and construction going on the entire time. We stay at the Viking frequently and will be back, but a little disappointed this time around.

• Newport Room, King Bed

Bed uncomfortable, construction in the hotel by our room, bathrooms dusty, plugs didn’t work. mentioned it was a birthday and there was zero response or accommodating gestures- even in the dining room.

Nice luggage /valet crew.

• Newport Room, 2 Queens

Hotel is under a major renovation. Didn’t know until we arrived. I think after the work is completed the facility will be top of the line.

The staff was super friendly and helpful. Very accommodating. Had an issue with our room but was changed to a much better location. Food was wonderful in the hotels restaurant as well as room service. Spa was divine! CJ, Elaine and Kylie (in the spa) made our stay really fun. Hotel is so close to all of the shopping and restaurants in town.

• Manor Room

Bathroom in the room was a little small and the sink was almost unusable.

Very clean lobby with a exceptionally nice staff very accommodating to your needs.

• Manor Room

While we didn't complain when we were there, I felt the room we were in (414) was very small, as was the bathroom. In addition, the heat was pretty noisy when it was running.

Each and every staff member was very helpful and went out of their way to assist us. The room was very clean and comfortable.

• Newport Room, 2 Queens

We stayed the night on Mar 1, 2018 not knowing that the property was undergoing renovations. The rooms and hotel need serious updating (rickety lamp, loose doorknobs, chipping painting, scratched furniture, stains, broken elevator) and are currently full of workmen. Once renovations are done, I'm sure it will be a great place again as it was when I last stayed there about 10 yrs ago and loved it.

Good location. Nice pool. Comfortable bed and bedding. Looks good overall, but...

• Newport Room, King Bed

There was construction so it was pretty noisy. We couldn’t get the heat to work right in the room and when it would kick on it sounded like someone was power washing our room. Any time it kicked on it would jolt me out of sleep. The staff was incredibly friendly, but they kept disappearing. The bar tender would be mia for very long periods of time and so would the wait staff.

Location was great, the staff was friendly and the food was excellent.

• Newport Room, King Bed

Upon arrival our room was dirty , crumbs on the floor , Hair in the sink and toilet . Finger prints on the doors and glass top on dresser sticky also other people socks left over under the dresser , That were still there after requesting housekeeping to come back and clean the room . The restaurant we went to The One Bellevue in the hotel , was also dirty . Crumbs under the table and cups had rings . This hotel has potential. A beautiful indoor pool, a spa , it’s close to everything . The hallways are dirty trash on the floor , The elevator was the same the buttons were sticky . Seeing that we stayed on the off season , I assumed it would be at least clean .

The Valet service was awesome , fast and friendly . Amanda at the front desk was helpful .

• One-Bedroom Suite

I upgraded our room to a suite and still didn’t have any type of mini fridge which would have been nice to put leftover in from dining out instead of letting them spoil.

Rooms were very comfortable and staff was more than pleasant. Bar and food were most excellent and the cozy lobby fireplace was great for conversation and relaxing after a long day of exploring Newport.

• Newport Room, 2 Queens

The bathroom stunk of mildew . There was peeling paint on the ceiling and door of the bathroom (not just a little bit, but 1 to 2 inch chunks just hanging from the ceiling - this is clearly not a recent development).

The hotel staff is amazing. They did everything they could to make us comfortable. We asked for feather-free bedding and they set-up the room for us. The beds were super comfortable and the room was nice in general.

• Newport Room, King Bed

It was very over rated.to noisy at night.it was not what we expected. Not what pictures showed...room very small.i could go on.we would not come back....to many kids....couldn't use hot tub because kids were in there...the people were snobs except the valet

Just location

• Newport Room, King Bed

The mattress was NOT comfortable-which surprised me. The pool was closed, we found this out at check in-that was a let down. Power outage that night- a bit unsettling.

Steve at the bar was fantastic! Staff was superb, valet was excellent. room was nice, clean. Breakfast was great, costly but great.The location was great.

• Newport Room, 2 Queens

The beds are pretty hard, they try to soften them with a pad but its not thick enough. We were charged a $20 resort fee which was suppose to cover various "free activities" such as s'mores by the firepit, but the activities all wrap up around 8 pm so if you are going out to dinner you aren't back in enough time to take advantage. Great for kids but doesn't do much for adults. We were told live music that night, however when we returned from dinner we were told no music and nobody knew why. Bathrooms are small, they are made up of 2 small closet style rooms, a shower and toilet in one and a sink in the other. We did book about 2 weeks prior to our arrival, and this is early Feb, but the spa had nothing available for 2 days, ended up at another local spa which was fantastic.

Very convenient location, the hotel is a historic building and has been beautifully maintained. Staff was friendly, valet service was outstanding. Rooms are very spacious, there is a fridge in the room as well.

• Newport Room, King Bed

My first room stunk of smoke My second room was 85 degrees The elevator was broken The pool was closed for service $20 resort fee?

Bed was super comfy

• Newport Room, 2 Queens

Bathroom in room wasn't great, outdated and split with sink across hall from toilet /shower room.

Great pool area for kids, nice bar area, great winter price.

• Manor Room

Mini bar items were super expensive! $6 for a small bottle of water is outrageous considering that the tap water was very cloudy and not potable!

The staff was extra accomodating, the room and hotel were nicely and comfortably appointed and the food and drinks were very good!

• Manor Room

The bed was squeaky...the headboard kept banging which made the other guests bang on the wall. Room wasn’t ready until 6 when it should have been ready for 4. Hotel seemed a bit unprepared

The bed, the view, the shower

• Manor Room

Can ‘t think of anything !

live near by but for the last 3 years we come over to spend a few days in the “off season” to celebrate our anniversary. Beautiful, elegant and peaceful. The staff treats us like visiting royalty !

• One-Bedroom Suite

They had a few weddings going on so the food was just OK. We had duck, chicken and scallops and they were all overcooked. Also, my wife and I stayed on the second floor (rooms in the 200s) and it was noisy. You could hear banging in the kitchen. We have stayed in other suites on the property and we did not experience this.

My toilet was broken and they couldn't fix it. We had to use the bathroom in another room. We paid extra to stay in a king bed suite with a fridge to keep milk cold for our baby but no fridge in the room. Despite us being very tall people the bed was only a queen size. The bedding has spots on it. Room service at restaurant lost our order.

The staff tried their Best to cover up many problems.

• Manor Room

Super tiny room and very cluttered. Thermostat just blew cold air by default and it was complicated to get this to turn off.

Bed was super comfy. Bathroom shower was amazing. The layout was actually very functional. The wardrobe was very convenient. Location is great.

• One-Bedroom Suite

The sofabed was not very comfortable and once it was opened, it was nearly impossible to move around the room. The bathroom was extremely small with a pedestal sink.

Very accommodating to the hockey team. Nice pool. Unique decor. Our room did not originally have a refrigerator and they brought one right up.

• Newport Room, King Bed

The beds and pillows were uncomfortable. Room wasn’t the cleaniest. Restaurant in the hotel was HORRIBLE- service was slow (only people there), food poor and grossly overpriced.

Location and main building was very nice.

• Manor Room

Congested reception/lobby area; comforter/bed coverings could have been more substantial; very small bathroom; the $20 hotel fee(not parking???); lounge décor/ambiance was lacking

Bed was very plush and comfy; room was well appointed with quality furnishings and window treatments; location is great for uptown, downtown and Broadway ventures

• Newport Room, 2 Queens

Heat was broken took them an hr to get someone up to help, then all they could do was give us blankets and a space heater. Refused to let us move rooms. Staff didn't help sent only engineer in building up to our room with the blankets the poor guy.

Nice decor in room

• Estate Room

Presentation of the hotel could have been better. And their were some hidden fees that had to be paid that were non-negotiable

First room they gave the heat was not working. the second room they gave us was better but the bathroom was extremely small with a tiny sink that you couldn't even wash your hands without making a mess on the floor. the shower door was not operating well and was very difficult to open and close. The windows in this room were very drafty, and extremely old therefore making it cold and uncomfortable in the room. We had a room that faced the front of the hotel and it was noisy at night and early in the morning. And last but not least the breakfast buffet was way over priced and was not good at all, the service was horrible and the menu was very limited.

• Manor Room

There is an additional resort fee of $20 over room, per night and valet parking is $15/night but it seems there was street parking right there too. Great hotel - we chose not to eat there but it looked good. We would go back.

• Manor Room

The room was tiny, the photos were very decieving i couldnt even srore my suitcase anywhere. Tiny wardrobe the bathroom had a fabulouse shower no bath (disappinted) but there was just no space to do hair n make up etc getting ready in the evening it was so fustrating.

Beautiful lobby and patio with nice entertainment in the evening. Very clean hotel and staff were fine. Location was fantastic.

• One-Bedroom Suite

The only complaints was the bathroom floor was not washed while we were there, and the front desk person at check out was not trained to charge the three other room costs to my credit card.

The set up of our room was great and most of the staff went out of their way to help us.

• Newport Room, 2 Queens

That they valet and you can take the car any time however cost per day is $15 plus tips. You can’t park yourself

They run your card for more then the cost of the room before they mention it to you.

• Manor Room

More transparency with the hidden fees. The price listed on bookings.com is not the price you pay. When we arrived there was another couple ahead of us arguing about all the hidden costs

• Manor Room

Room and Bathroom were small for the cost but I understand since it's an old building.....it still had charm

front desk clerks were very nice....music in the lobby sat nite was nice.....smores on the patio was nice.

• Estate Room

I did not like the temperature outside. If they could do something about the weather....

We loved this hotel, nice staff, convenient location. There were a number of extra touches that made it different. From ice cream at the pool, to a TV with an actual rmote in the fitness room. They put in the extra effort. Would definitely return.

• Newport Room, 2 Queens

The Lobby was up to date but the rooms were musty. Paint chipping, small bathrooms, matresses old. I know it is antique hotel and the furnishing could be nice but the bathroom was bad and chipping base boards. Hallways are dim with terrible carpet.

Staff was friendly.