Reviews of Villa Europa Hotel 3 stars

314 Cleveland Street, Hollywood, FL 33019, USA

#10 of 94 hotels in Hollywood

• Studio Apartment

The drainage problem.When I arrived there was a puddle four inches deep by four feet around in front of the room door.This water also came under the door into the room across the floor under the bed.the Wifi wouldn’t work on either system.The owner was there and cleaned it up immediately but the paver patio was installed improperly,runoff shouldn’t go towards room doors, stay away from room seven🤨

The owner was friendly and receptive ,as well as very apologetic for the water in the room on the floor which came under the door from the patio,coffeemaker and coffee was nice in the am

• Queen Studio

The rooms are slowly getting up in years.

Very nice contact with Luis, very easy check-in. Location 2 minutes away from the beach. Dedicated parking spot in front of the window.

• Queen Studio

Out stay wasn't long enough.

Great location just steps from the beach and broadwalk with plenty of restaurants nearby. Staff and facilities are great as always. We always stay at Villa Europa when we visit Hollywood.

• Queen Studio

I felt a bit unsafe because management doesn't live on site. I mean who doesn't want to live literally On The Beach. The area is pitch black at night, the boardwalk is pitch black at night. ,Kind of eerie.

The bed was very comfortable. Free parking was lovely and the parking was right outside your door.

• Twin Studio

Lack of residential staff. Disconcerting on arrival to find no one around - just a contact number to ring. Still, the guy at the end of the phone was very helpful and sent a text with all the required details straight away. On leaving we wanted to use office (closed) computer for on-line check-in for flight. Cleaner / security man only spoke Spanish; fortunately my wife did too and he opened up the office for us and was very helpful.

The location was excellent. Close to the boulevard and Hollywood Beach. Restaurants a short step away.

All good.

The staff was the best. I forget his name, but he was super helpful to set up the chairs at the beach and let us stay in a different room for a later check-out. Soooo helpful. You get everything you may need for a shorter or longer stay.

• Queen Studio

These things really didn't bother us, but may be helpful for others to know: The AC was pretty loud when it cycled on, but it was nice and cold. If you are a light sleeper, take some ear plugs, as you can sometimes hear things from other rooms.

Location could not be more perfect for someone looking to laze about on the beach and walk to restaurants. Room was very clean and comfortable. When we reported an issue with the toilet, it was fixed within minutes. Luis and Alejandro were very helpful and responsive - you could tell they truly cared about their guests. We never lacked for beach loungers and umbrella, a must-have for this very fair-skinned girl. Luis was super accommodating when we needed to hang out for a bit longer than checkout for our 7 pm flight. Villa Europa rocks!

• Studio Apartment

Parking was very tight but there - facility is older

Location was great. People were very friendly. Facility is older but clean and great value for price

• Studio Apartment

The connecting door that locks from both sides creeped me out a little bit.

Nicest people ever! Let me check in early as soon as they were done cleaning. Room was very clean and spacious. I wish I had stayed longer than 1 night.

• Studio Apartment

Value for money ratio is not satisfying. Seems to be a problem for most of the hotels in South Florida nowadays.

Good restaurants in walking distance Free bicycles Room to ocean < 1 minute!

• Twin Studio

There was no one in the office. You have to buzz a machine to get someone to get to you if you have a problem and I had to wait 20 minutes. Very inconvenient.

Location was excellent, right on the beach close to shops and great restaurants.

• Queen Studio

I didn't mind any of this, but others might. Facilities were dated, especially bathroom. But clean. No daily maid service. Take out your own trash during your stay. Ask if you want clean towels.

Can't beat the location, steps from the Broadwalk. Great service, chairs & umbrella to the beach every day. We used the beach bikes every day, didn't use the grill, but might for a longer stay. Nice courtyard.

• Studio Apartment

Beds and pillows were not great quality and were a little lumpy. Room was clean but needs a deep clean, some remodeling, better lighting and better quality furniture would improve the experience.

Great location very close to the boardwalk, restaurants and the beach. Staff were very accommodating and helpful. Quiet area made us feel safe.

• Studio Apartment

Awesome location!!! Studio was clean, bikes & beach chairs available, free parking, keyless entry, & plenty of coffee packets! Staff available if needed them.

• Queen Studio

Hate that I was forced to book my room on-line! Have booked directly in the past & Luis has always been wonderful. I really prefer to communicate 1-on-1 & am not sure I'll return because of this change. Price also has risen & I suspect that's due to the on-line relationship.

What eggs???? This was my 3rd or 4th visit. Love the location. Really personal ambience.

• Queen Studio

Charming little place in a great location. Luis and Alejandro were wonderful hosts. We had to change our flight due to the storm in NY and they managed to put us up in two rooms for the extra night.

• Queen Studio

Not being able to stay longer :(

Luis is awesome and takes personal care of every customer. As a female traveling alone for business I feel like family and he makes sure I feel very safe. Steps from the broad walk and beach. 🌺

• Studio Apartment

The rooms are very dated. Our room was clean, but could use a major remodel.

We were literally seconds away from the beach! The staff was incredibly accommodating, and the beach chair service and free bike usage made this hotel a great value!!

• Twin Studio

This is an old building and it does show wear.

Great hosts. Very friendly. Room was ready as promised. Beds were comfortable, room also has micro-wave, small refrigerator, safe. Also has utensils for cooking, a small in room table for two. Great location, about a block from the broad walk and beach. Beach is fantastic with plenty of restaurants and bars. Host's offer free bicycle's for guests to ride on the broad walk. The property also has a very nice patio with tables and umbrellas, BBQ grill, a washer and dryer.

• Queen Studio

Friendly and courteous staff, great communication. When we arrived early, they got us a room fast. Luis recommended great restaurants, and explained everything about the beach area. 100 yards away from Atlantic Ocean!

• Queen Studio

The room had everything we needed and more. So close to the beach I could hear the ocean waves! Luis made sure we safely got in our room after midnight as our flight was delayed. Great parking!

• Studio Apartment

I have nothing negative to say.. Our trip all around was outstanding.

The Villa Europa is located a 1 minute walk to both the beach and the Boardwalk. A bunch of nice restaurants are located just a short walk along the boardwalk. The owners are very accommodating for all your needs. I needed to get in early and he made that happen. Free Bikes to use and beach chairs and umbrella' are set up for you on the beach. Also free! Rooms are OK not Great But I must say the person that makes you want to keep coming back is Alejandro. He is the most nicest, kind, helpful person you will meet on your stay. He looks after most everything you may need and he does it so well. Luis could not have found a more perfect match for this job. Thank you all for your our wonderful 10 day stay in January. Franny And Dave O'Connor

• Twin Studio

Should offer more room cleaning included on the price, not as an extra. 4 nights without cleaning is too long

Very well equipped room, very comfortable beds, light bedding (usually too thick duvets), good wifi, decent shower, adapter plug in electrical socket, thoughtful, friendly, helpful owner, useful pamphlets, restaurant recommendations

• Queen Studio

It's small and basic. These aren't really things not to like, though. Just know what to expect.

A real surprise at this price-point. Excellent location. Steps from the beach and many excellent restaurants for dinner and breakfast. Great place to go for a walk.

• Studio Apartment

Luis was very accommodating with all of our needs. They set beach chairs up for you and had bikes to take out at your leisure. The location is fantastic. I had no noise issues at night. Yet, you are only a short walk to the heart of the action on the broadwalk.

• Studio Apartment

Interior could use some maintenance.

the Broadwalk nearby is great for running. Lots of restaurants around the corner and only one block from the beach. European plug adaptors are available. Parking is available but is a bit small for American sized cars. We spent one night at this place and on the day of check out we had a flight back home in the evening. When we asked if a late check out was possible we were told that we could move our suitcases to the next room that wasn't booked and we could use that room as long as we wanted and could take a shower. We found this really thoughtful of Luis. Free chairs and umbrella's available on the beach (beach towels in the room), which is a big bonus.

• Queen Studio

Room and bed was extremely small. The bed felt like it was smaller than a full size. Daily housekeeping was an extra charge.

The owner and the staff were very helpful and nice. Our room came with wi-fi, free parking, beach chairs and beach bikes.

• Studio Apartment

The place is run down and badly needs a make over!!! All furniture, floors and bathroom facilities are chipped, dented or full of rust. The AC is central and very loud. I definetely will not stay at the place again.

They have sunbeds at the beach for no extra costs.

• Twin Studio

There were not a lot of amenities at this smaller inn but with the beach, Broadwalk, shops, restaurants, Margaritaville Entertainment Complex, and more all just steps away, who needs them? I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this inn but it might not meet the standards of a more discriminating traveler. If you expect the lap of luxury, go pay 3 times more at one of the 'upscale' beach resorts.

I was running behind and arrived very late at night, but manager Luis personally called and texted me quick check-in instructions with door access code and parking space #. All I had to do was pull up and unload my gear! The parking spot (#10) I was assigned was directly beside the room (#301) I checked into. It was literally 10 feet to lug my suitcases from my vehicle to the front door. Easiest and fastest check-in ever! The bikes, beach umbrellas, lounge chairs were all supplied as a courtesy and with no resort fee. Housekeeping staff and management were very helpful and courteous.

• Queen Studio

I can't say one thing bad about this place.

This is a Perfect Location less than a minute walk to the Broadwalk and the beach. The owners and staff are most accommodating. Free bikes, chairs, beach umbrella's for your use. All brought to the beach for you and set up. Many eatery's and cafe's within walking distance. Stores and shopping all nearby. Been before and will be back again.

• Twin Studio

I am a northerner and would have liked more control over the temp. Also our room had kitchen utensils, but only a microwave, not a stove top to cook on. The amenities were great, but it would have been nice to have some additional small waters in the fridge.

This was more than a quaint little room. It was VERY close to the beach (across the walkway, literally!), was clean and fairly home-y. I would have liked to have had an air conditioner, or more control over the temperature, but the price was great for the location and for having a little extra room than your standard hotel/motel.

• Twin Studio

I asked for an extra roll out bed and someone sent it to my cousins room

You were close to the beach and had room for our other family and friends who were attending my son's wedding this past weekend..

• Studio Apartment

The rooms and decor are a little outdated but that didn't really affect our stay.

This property is right off the boardwalk & beach in an excellent location. Luis & Alejandro made our stay totally stress free and enjoyable. There are shared bikes & beach accessories. Comfy bed.

• Queen Studio

The corner room adjacent to street is not so private, windows allows for conversions to be heard, connecting door without requesting it.

They offer free rentals of bike, beach chairs and lounger, floats, laundry with W/D, rental comes with microwave, small refrigerator, utensils, plates, and pots, portable burner. Three seconds away from the boardwalk Hollywood beach

• Queen Studio

Luis are a great host, helpful, friendly and a lot of local tips. They also have bikes which you can borrow for free. Perfect location and cozy hotel/apartments.

Nothing Really

Staff is very nice and professional. Property is steps to the beach. Nice and clean in the courtyard. Room was Great! My suite was very quiet and equipped with all the essentials you need.

• Twin Studio

Location was excellent, at the start of all the restaurants but less crowded beach area. Alejandro would set up chairs and umbrellas for you each morning (for free). Bikes were free to ride whenever you wanted. The owner Luis was very friendly and offered many recommendations and discounts nearby.

• Studio Apartment

Room was a little old and musty. Needed remodel/refreshing on a large scale. It was as "clean as it COULD be", but that still left us feeling it was a little dirty.

Staff corresponded by text/phone well. Good responsiveness and clear instructions.

• Studio Apartment

The location was perfect. 15 minutes to airport, 1/2 block from the boardwalk, and in the middle of many, many restaurants. The manager, Luis, was great. Made sure he knew what time we were arriving and greated us to show us the parking and the room. He has this down to an art.

• Two-Bedroom Family Suite

It wasn't directly on the Broadwalk but very close. Other than that, we had a fabulous couple of days.

The location was perfect! Parking is a premium on the beach and included with your stay. We had a 2 bedroom villa for my family. It was great to have 3 full bathrooms for 7 people and the small kitchen was a great bonus. We made dinner using the bbq located directly outside our room. The complimentary bicycles were a awesome for going up and down Hollywood Beach. The staff was very accommodating and provided a small studio room after check out to keep our luggage in until our flight at 5pm. We got extra time on the beach since we had a place to shower and change before heading to the airport.

• Queen Studio

The only issue we had was when we arrived the mini fidge was leaking a slight bit of water, aside from it. 100 out of 100

Literally 300 ft from the water, very clean rooms.

• Studio Apartment

Small rooms and a little outdated. But location and service out weighed the negatives.

Alejandro was the best host you can ask for. So accomdating and never made you feel.like you were a bother. Lounge Chairs and Umbrellas were available for guest : ).... In addition Bicycles were also included and always available with no time limit. We took advantage of all of it and will deffinrtly stay again just because of those perks included.

• Studio Apartment

Pretty much everything, no complaints.

The property was located in the heart of the Hollywood Board walk - excellent customer service, exceeded my expectations. The owner and staff were supper accommodating. Thank you from myself and my 5 other guest traveling with me for making our experience a memorable one.

• Twin Studio

This place is a bit rustic - better represented as a "Sugar Shack" with all the creature comforts of indoor camping inside. Beds are a bit old and one leaned down on one side - but I just slept in the other, no big deal. Pillows are soft and floppy. There is absolutely no view from this location as it sits behind a big multi story hotel.

This location is literally steps from the busy side of the Hollywood Beach Boardwalk with restaurants, bars, and shops. Staff was friendly and accommodations were adequate. It was nice to have a decent size refrigerator/freezer for my drinks and leftovers. There is a microwave, toaster, blow dryer and flat screen TV in this room. I liked having a code on the door versus having a key card. My room was clean and I felt safe - which is very important.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

• Twin Studio

The beds, cleanliness, room space and general maintenance could do with improvement. This was a pokey room that just about sufficed for an overnight flop after the flight, but I would not recommend it.

The location was excellent, close to the beach and restaurants. The owner was very welcoming.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

• Queen Studio

Staff was wonderful. Well supplied room, toaster, coffee, micro wave, fridge, hot plate and all the necessary untensils. Nice size bathroom. The room is small but who is going to stay in the room anyway when you are feet from the beach!

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

• Twin Studio

There wasn't anything I didn't like.

I liked that they offered beach chairs, umbrellas, grill and bikes (for free) no additional cost to us. This property is steps away from boardwalk and beach. We didn't rent a car but owner/MGR tried to accommodate my local friend by allowing her to park on property. Parking is tight in this area and all accounted for.

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

• Queen Studio

The place was clean and nice but on the pictures seems much newer. Especially the bathroom was really oldfashioned and it is in need of renovation.

Excellent location and excellent staff, the owner was really nice and helped us with everything we needed. We got sunbeds and parasol as well. Great working wifi.

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

• Queen Studio

Very limited hot water, warm at best. Internet was not a secure connection. Mold on refrigerator door seal. When front door is closed the gap was so big a rat could come in. Coffee pot & Dishes were all dirty. Sand and dirt on the floor upon arrival.

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

• Queen Studio

The hotel was just a few steps away from the broadwalk and the beach! They not only provide chairs and umbrellas to use but also set them up and take them down for you. They also have bikes! All is free! We were very well treated. Luis kept in touch prior to our arrival to make sure he'd be in the office to check us in. He gave us recommendations on where to eat. All is within a short walk. Also, he not only let us check out late the next day but let us use another room until our evening flight at no charge. We felt like we were staying with family :)

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

• Twin Studio

Sounds travel easily so you are aware of the other guests.

Chairs and umbrella were provided at the beach for us. Computer terminal available to print boarding passes. The staff was amazing and friendly.

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

• Queen Studio

Very friendly owner/staff. They had our room ready earlier that check in time and allowed us to keep the room a little later than check out. Great location to the beach and Broadwalk.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

• Queen Studio

Outdated. Floors were slippery (guessing used too much cleaning product and left film on floor)

Location great. Steps from beach. The staff was absolutely great.

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

• Queen Studio

resturants were old and run down. $55 for crablegs sitting on old worn out plastic lawn chairs and the tables were wooden picnic tables. and that was all the resturants. which is fine if your paying for that but the prices on Hollywood beach are for a 5 star. only fault to the entire vacation.

everything you could ask for.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Nothing particularly I would change

Staff were excellent and willing to be flexible on arrival time etc. Great amenities and parking a breeze. Location is steps from boardwalk.

• Twin Studio

I found the manager to be exceptional as I arrived around midnite due to travel arrangements and although this property may not be the most up to date in terms of amenities etc. The location and the customer service more than made up for any electronic advantage or any other updated room amentity a larger chain hotel could offer. I would stay here again and not think twice about it! For the record I am just a person from Tucson thst needed a place to stay as I had some family concerns I had to deal with. My review was not leveraged by anything other than me wanting to ensure a small business will survive based on an honest review.

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

• Twin Studio

The hvac system was horrible. The air conditioner would cycle on and blast a wave of cold air over me that woke me up everytime. I eventually moved beds, but never got back to sleep. Pillows were lumpy.

It was quiet

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

• Queen Studio

Location is great. Half a block to the boardwalk and beach. Very pleasant area, free parking, and the staff is very helpful. The room is certainly not luxurious, but more than adequate.

• Reviewed: 1 December 2016

• Twin Studio

Room needed a little TLC but was clean and served our purpose of staying right next to beach and the value was great.

Location right off of the beach boardwalk was great. Price was good for location and value. Owner was was very friendly. They also have free bicycles to use on the boardwalk.

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

• Queen Studio

Staff is really friendly! Room is clean and comfortable. Great location- only a block away from the boardwalk and the beach. Loved taking the free bikes for a spin!

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

• Twin Studio

Maintenance a bit spotty. Lots of smokers in the outside space.

Relaxing spot close to the beach. Everyone very hospitable. Bicycles available, beach chairs and umbrellas also provided. Nice little kitchen. Nice outdoor space to sit, eat.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

• Queen Studio

The place is probably better suited for a family stay. A solo traveller would certainly miss out on some of the fun.

The owner was nice and friendly. The facility was also very close to the beach and offered great opportunity for the Broadway walk.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

• Twin Studio

Right on the beach walk, hundred meters from the beach. Close the the bars & main activity on the Hollywood beach. Sunchairs and umbrellas provided, bikes available to borrow. Doors locked with a password, you do not need to carry your keys to the beach. The host was extremely nice, allowed us to check in earlier, recommended surrounding bars and restaurants and always was in a good mood.

• Queen Studio

The staff is amazing, super accommodating! The bed was comfortable and the room was big, with a kitchenette that was clean and well stocked. Awesome location and proximity to the boardwalk, beach and restaurants.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

• Twin Studio

Aircon in the room could have been a bit more powerful.

Amazing owner Louis, so friendly and helpful! Great location and value for money. Felt safe and comfortable

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

nothing...

Everything was good to this place ! the location ( beach at 5min walk, free parking, cleanliness, the staff ). We do not hesitate to recommand this hotel !

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

• Queen Studio

Awesome location right next to the beach. Lovely rooms, wonderful friendly helpful staff. Lovely courtyard out the back and access to umbrellas and chairs for the beach. Quiet aircon which was the highlight!

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

• Queen Studio

Room could have been a little cleaner upon arrival. There was dust in some places. But overall very neat and cozy.

The owners where extremely pleasant and their attention to service outstanding. Alejandro, the helping hand at the property, was great. I would definitely recommend this place.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

• Twin Studio

The venting in the room is such that you can smell if someone in the room near you smoked pot or made eggs. Gross.

The sheets were clean and the owners were super helpful and friendly, close to the good stuff on the boardwalk, I will book there again.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

• Twin Studio

Nothing. Everything was great!

Great location to the beach and boardwalk. Josie was awesome and very helpful. These are bungalow type units. While they are older units, they are well kept and clean. They had all you could need for your stay. Fridge Microwave, a little bistro table and 2 chairs, great water pressure and temp for the shower, Just a neat little place to stay! Two thumbs Up!!!

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

• Twin Studio

We stayed on separate occasions so the first night the room's a/c was wonderful. The second time we stayed there we stayed in Room 1 and the a/c was not good at all.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

The room was very small

The owners are like family and treats you as family. Owners and workers will bend backwards to make you happy. They carry your lawn chairs to the beach for you and come get it when your done. There was free washer dryer on site and free detergent. It mad things easy with kids. They also had free kids beach toys that you can borrow. This was one amazing experience!!!!!!!

• Reviewed: 18 July 2016

• Twin Studio

It was nothing fancy but it was perfect for my friend and me! The owner and staff were very friendly and went above and beyond for us! It was a great deal and so close to the beach and boardwalk. Keep a spot for us! We will be coming back next year. And the photo was taken literally a minute away from our room!

• Reviewed: 6 July 2016

• Queen Studio

I love this place! Josie and Alejandro made me feel like I was at home. They are very friendly and the service was magnificent. This place is just a few steps from the beach (Broadwalk) very convenient. I am definitely coming back!

• Reviewed: 1 July 2016

• Twin Studio

Excellent, friendly and wonderfully helpful service from Josie! The hotel is perfectly well located by the beach and in peaceful surroundings. The room was fresh, clean and comfortable. Loved the free bicycle use!

Browse Villa Europa Hotel traveller photo gallery