Reviews of America's Best Value Inn and Suites Clarence/Buffalo East 1 stars

5.6

5.9

5.7

• Deluxe Suite

My spa bath didn't work which made me upset because i paid extra to get that room. Wish there was 2 tvs in the room

I loved the room. Very cute and cozy

• Standard King Room

Initial booking was for a non-smoking room, but the first room assigned to me had clearly been smoked in. Manager provided a new room with no difficulty.

The King-sized bed was incredibly comfortable and the room was spotless.

• Deluxe Suite

The tub drain didn't work the microwave didn't work the fire place worked but didn't shut off heater blew cold after an hr the room itself was clean but didn't get the room we booked and there were cups under bed the bathroom could have been a little cleaner. There isnt any breakfast just coffee..

Needed some work but beautiful outside an in. Very quiet and housekeepers were very friendly. Couldn't beat the price for 2 nights we would probably stay again

It’s a motel and seems like people live there also. For the money it was fine. No appenities or thrills. Room was nice. Bathroom needed to be updated.

The price.

• Standard King Room

Receptionist ignored me at the door after ringing bell twice. He came out and acted as if he didnt see me as he did things on his cell phone. I think its because I am black as that is the only thing he knew about me unless he saw my reservation.

• Deluxe Suite

It had snowed the night before we checked in and there was still a lot of snow and ice in the lot and on walk ways making it difficult to get around!!

The room was nice and was what I was expecting.

• Standard King Room

The parking lot should be cleaned more often when is snowing. It was dangerous to walk out - ice covered porch was slippery. Rooms needs deep cleaning.

Good size rooms, friendly stuff, great location.

• Standard King Room

No shampoo conditioner soap. Not enough heat for room size heat pump to small. Gas fire please did not have a blower. One paper coffee cup. Glue on bathroom floor I ripped my sock when my foot got stuck to the floor.

the WiFi

• King Room with Spa Bath

The heater was too loud and kept turning off and on and it was hard to sleep with the noise. Part of the room was cold because there was no central heat.

The fireplace was toasty and the jacuzzi tub was big enough for the both of us. Only drawback i thought it was going to be heart-shaped like in the picture online.

VERY OUTDATED bathrooms with cracked tile, NO OUTLETS, unlockable window, which had some mold on the broken frame, apparently a few toilets have been updated. Check in was “odd” with a locked office and the promised continental breakfast ( we had been told was “until 9”) non existent with lights still off in office even at 7:30 A.M. In a word, “Surreal”. Beds and opportunity for a few hours rest were at least possible. DEFINITELY NOT a good buy at $79 plus $10 tax. We did not know pictures could be used, but they would have confirmed this review, good, bad and otherwise.

Location reasonably convenient to those traveling west on I-90. Other positives are outside appearance including roof looks good, beds reasonably comfortable and cleanliness seemed appropriate within room, though bathrooms were a different story.

The room was booked for 3 people. We had 2 sets of towels, 2 plastic cups, 1 coffee. The sheets were threadbare and the screens did not fit the windows so we battled bugs. They were just common outside bugs but it got annoying.

The location.

• Standard King Room

The room wasn't very clean. There were cob webs on the walls and in some of the corners of the room. There was a spiderweb in the bathroom with dead bugs in it. The window sills had dirt and dead bugs on them. The bottom of the door was damaged and looked rotted. The counter outside of the bathroom was dirty.

It was close to the event we were attending. That's about it.

• King Room with Spa Bath

It was disgusting..hot tub was full of brown substance it wasn't cleaned in ages ..spiders all over the place..never will I ever stay here again!!!!!

I liked when I checked out

• King Room with Spa Bath

Didnt know they had breakfast.....was never told.... The jacuzzi needs rails ...Nothing to hold onto to get out ... surprised no one ever got hurt.

The room was beautiful and spacious ... Loved it

Room smelled of smoke and mildew. Carpet was nasty. Sheets had a hair on it which questioned whether the sheets were changed at all. Bugs in bathroom and tub was nasty. I slept on top of bed.

Close to airport

The room didn't seem clean and the hot water was not turned on in our room in the morning, although this we quickly taken care of with a phone call to the front desk. The continental breakfast was a few pieces of dry bread and bagels and a Belgian waffle maker with an old juice machine... very limited and unappetizing. We ate somewhere else.

The price was reasonable for the location.

• Standard King Room

Room and facilities were very dated. Cobwebs in the corners. Bathroom design that made it look like my Grandma's house. It also had a sticky bathroom door that needed a shoulder push to open. Loud clunky air conditioning unit.

Location, convenience and price, price, price. As long as you are satisfied with basic sleeping and shower/bath accommodations, this property will fit the bill.

• King Room with Spa Bath

the shower was small and bugs everywhere. they had breakfast but it was only till 9 not 10 like most places and the parking was odd. but for the money it was a good stay.

the bed was comfy

• Standard King Room

This had to have been one of the worst places we had ever stayed. Other than the bed being comfortable it was awful. The windows and the bathroom heat vent were covered in mold. Didn't even bother to check out the breakfast for fear of unsanitary conditions.

Bed comfortable

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

• King Room with Spa Bath

Room was cold and couldn't get wi-fi signal (even after calling front desk for support). Additionally there were no fans for ventilation after hot tub or shower. So we were forced to open windows even though it was 40 degrees outside.

Hot tub was wonderful. Location was great just 12 minutes to the mall.

• Standard King Room

Cleanliness was not there. We found bugs everywhere! We don't think they were bed bugs but some sort of bugs were everywhere. The towels were moldy smelling and the bathtub was slimy.

Nothing to like we left early to a different hotel just to bathe and launder our clothes. Overall terrible experience

• Standard King Room

There was a leak in the ceiling and it was a rainy weekend. One of the cabinets was broken as well.

Room was nice and the fireplace and big tub were a plus.

Breakfast was not the best but something ready to put in your belly and get on with the day...better than none!

Excellent value...basic but clean and relatively comfortable...friendly and helpful staff. I would stay again for sure...in beautiful little town of Clarence and short drive to downtown Buffalo. Felt safe and in walking distance of restaurants etc

• Standard King Room

Put breakfast out on Saturday we only saw 3 Bagels at 8:30 a.m. Sunday at 8:30 did not see any breakfast set out breakfast was included with the rooms bed was very hard not comfortable

This was overall the worst stay I had since visiting Buffalo and I have been visiting Buffalo once or twice a year for many years now. The resort was what we paid for... but just because you pay a good price does not mean you get a dirty room.. there was brown stuff if the sink I had to clean on my own.. hair all over the washroom in plain sight.. hair all over the bed as if they just remake the beds with the same sheets... dust built up on head board... piece of wood with a nail sticking out (big hazard for my 1 yr old) .. no fan in the washroom (everything sweats when you shower)... dirty shower curtain.. one used toilet paper roll that was finished after a night when asked for more was giving just one...no tissue box... towels had mascara stains and brown stains when asked for fresh towels was only giving one..dead beetles on window sil and live beetles in washroom hanging around. .. toilet was not cleaned properly.... part of my deal was that I couldn't get a refund... was very close to cutting my loses and getting the hell out of there ... but didn't. ..will NEVER stay there again! I rather spend more money.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

• Standard King Room

When we got there the room was ARTIC - it could have been a bit cleaner but was a great value for the price of the room. There was nothing that made us think we wouldnt stay there and in fact will again! Just a bit of dust, could use some paint Could have been shoveled/plowed earlier.

Bed was comfy, very big room and for the money a great deal! Staff was welcoming and accommodating- even gave us extra pillows! Microwave and cook top, big 2 big sinks, 2 mirrors made getting ready easy, private secure room, quiet.

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

• Deluxe Suite

Advertised breakfast, but none was available. They said it was seasonal. Jacuzzi tub was not as described or pictured. Very dated interior. Bedroom TV worked intermittently. Bonus was a gas fireplace, but no instructions on how to work it. Fan for fireplace didn't work. I paid a bit more for the amenities, and was disappointed. Staff was friendly, but couldn't Change anything.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

The hot tub didn't work. The bed was held up by bricks. The fireplace didn't work. The blankets has holes in it. The phone didn't work. It stated free breakfast but there was none. Bed frame and post broken. Paid for things I couldn't use. Then their key didn't work past day one. Got locked out at 1130 pm and took 20 min to wake up office and let me in.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

• Standard King Room

Room was pretty old and was not clean. I saw some bugs and kitchen cabinet doors were broken. Refrigerator was not clean and furnitures were not clean as well. Staff of this hotel initially assigned us a smaller room even though we had reserved a room having king size bed. We had to argue to get the room which we reserved. Breakfast is not good. Heating doesn't work. A/c makes lot of noise.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

Room is dark even with the curtains open.No electricity in bath.Bugs in room.Garbage under bed.Should have believed reviews! Some type of needle pricked me while I was taking the garbage out.Cheçked out immediately! The garbage bag looked empty, but wasn't.Clear bag and clear needle casing was obvious that the last person in room did their needle thing right before they checked out.Other guests appears either homeless or rent by month.Cooking on grills and hanging laundry on clothesline. Creepy. The owner mocked me when I pd. cash and asked for my change of $1.00. He didn't want to give it to me. They are owned by Vantage Properties and I am going to have to turn them in for Health Dept. and Chamber of Commerce for the Town of Clarence. Property is very unkempt and the photos must have been from years ago. VERY run down as of October 2016.

Good location. Close to any thing you need. Accepts pets.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

• Standard King Room

Owner barely acknowledged me, even though I'd been there before.

Room was spacious and comfortable, even country touches for being so close to suburbia on steroids.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

• Standard King Room

Stopper in tub didn't work so no baths. Sink drained very poorly. Bad screens on windows and no electrical plugs in bathroom.

Clean accomodations and very friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 5 August 2016

The quality of the towels and bed sheets could have been better. The air conditioner was extremely noisy. My husband finally turned it off even though the weather was very hot because it was keeping him awake. The breakfast was very meagre, so we went elsewhere for breakfast. The grounds & gardens are beautiful. With a little more attention and care, this place could be really special.

The room was very clean. The shower was excellent. The beds were comfortable. There was parking directly in front of our room with no stairs to climb. The staff were courteous and helpful.

• Reviewed: 18 July 2016

• Standard King Room

We liked everything about this room and our stay.

This suite was the very best we've ever stayed in. Our trip involved much time away from the room so we didn't get to spend very long in the room. Next trip we will plan more time in the room because it was so nice.

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

• Standard King Room

Wifi didn't work, there was a fight out side one night, the next night something went down. 1 soap for hands and shower wasn't replaced after house keeping came. The A/C sucked. Just over all really bad!! If I paid $70 per night I wouldn't complain at all but when I paid $291 for 2 night!! I expect more!!

There was free parking and a pool

• Reviewed: 23 June 2016

• King Room with Spa Bath

We wanted a non smoking room and the room smelled heavily of smoke and musk. Only half of the Jets worked on the jetted tub...which we paid extra to have. My biggest complaint was how big of a hurry they were to get us out. Checkout was 11 and the woman knocked and barged into the room at 930 while my mom was changing asking if we were leaving...I had to yell at her to stop because she started walking in the room. She didnt even give us time to answer the door before she opened it. Then when we did leave at 10 they were knocking on everyone's door asking if they were leaving. WHO DOES THAT. I would not go back.

There was a mini fridge and a microwave which was a nice surprise.

• Deluxe Suite

No heart shaped hot tub? Water everywhere from leaky shower, no tv channel menu.

Bed was comfortable

Nice views.

• Standard King Room

There is no breakfast there!

• Standard King Room

There was no free breakfast or an indoor pool ..

• King Room with Spa Bath

It was not what was advertised alot of updateing an alot more cleaning needed

It had a jacuzzi in the room

• Standard King Room

They advertise breakfast and there was non. A little disappointed. A lot of garbage outside the rooms

Location was good

• King Room with Spa Bath

bugs in room dirty sheets

the tv was nice

Need new beds

No fan in bathroom

Very clean room and quiet

• Standard King Room

No blanket other than the spread in cold weather. Had to turn the heat up to 74 all night.

Nice room for a low price.

Filthy

The fireplace.

Need better breakfast

Big room

• Standard King Room

Very old carpet and mattress , need renovation

Room smells very bad

The room was cold, holes in the walls, stained sheets. Never again.

• King Room with Spa Bath

There was only one set of towels for 2 adults plus the jets on the Jacuzzi didn't work to well

Was beautiful inside and clean

Everything.wost room,I have stayed in. Very very dirty.horrible coffee/breakfast.

I did not like anything.

• Standard King Room

Worst motel I ever been stayed, Breakfast was a joke, very bad experience

Lack of quality

Very convenient

• Standard King Room

It was very dated and strange. It was extremely uncomfortable.

More options for breakfast

Bathroom was dirty beds were very stained. Rooms look nothing like pics.

Staff and room

• King Room with Spa Bath

There were bugs, it smelled, it was filthy and the pictures look far better than what it looks like in person.

The heart shaped tub.

Nothing Terrible smelly rooms

• Standard King Room

Way too much money for the accommodations. At best that is a 75.00 location not 150.00.

A place to sleep. Buffalo was booked up that weekend.

needs to be A LOT cleaner

• Standard King Room

Sticky residue of coffee on one counter

Country setting

• King Room with Spa Bath

For the price room was outdated dirty and overall poor

Not much

n/a

Rooms were clean.

Not work Ice box

Safe place area

everything was perfect

• King Room with Spa Bath

The house keeping did not give fresh towels for the next day.

The free Breakfast and the wifi was fast with no password needed!

Good service

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

• Standard King Room

Our stay was very satisfactory at this Inn. It's not a big hotel but it was comfy and clean.

• King Room with Spa Bath

It was disgusting, filthy. Ordered it secifically for the hot tub it was gross. Stains on converter and dry wall on the walls

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

Owners only spoke light English but understood them.

The location of the hotel and everything was convenient to get to from the Facility.

• Standard King Room

Loved the atmosphere of the hotel. Greatly located near the Canada border and room was better then expected.

• Reviewed: 26 March 2017

Clean and affordable place. Friendly staff.