Reviews of Villas de Santa Fe By Diamond Resorts 3 stars

400 Griffin Street, Santa Fe, NM 87501, USA

#1 of 5 Holiday rentals in Santa Fe

• One-Bedroom Suite

Parking spots were scarce and tight. At check-in, there was only one person answering the phone and helping customers. The desk took three phone calls leaving seven customers standing in line to be checked in. Rather than putting the calls on hold, he solved each of their dilemmas. I was late for my dinner and quite frustrated despite being first in line behind a particular fussy client who was as oblivious to the line as the clerk. Check-in should not take that long.

The location. Having two rooms despite only being there 12 hours.

• One-Bedroom Suite

Shower curtains belong in the 1970’s! If you have a room in the block near reception, this is on a busy main road and therefore could be noisy. The pool area was not peaceful due to the above.

Great accommodation with everything you could possibly need in each unit. Staff at reception were incredibly helpful and the lobby area was very lovely. Hot tub and BBQ area at the back is fantastic.

• One-Bedroom Suite

Parking was not easy to find a space near my entrance, but I did arrive late. My room smelled smokey. It wasn't worth trying to change rooms, but it was enough I wondered if the people at my business meeting might have smelled smoke on me. Not good.

The potential uncharges were confusing and I still feel unsure about what they were and if how much extra I will be charged and why. The large security deposit was not explained well, and I arrived so late and the clerk was not very talkative, I chose not to ask more.

• One-Bedroom Suite

There always seems to be indoor construction going on whenever I have stayed here this year, which affects the facilities score. Elevator not working for the 3 nights I stayed there most recently, which also affects the comfort score. Maid service not offered free of charge for stays fewer than 5 nights. No breakfast offered at this place, which would definitely increase the value for the money score if it was offered.

Very nice room and quiet at excellent location to Plaza area and shopping center. Staff always professional at check in.

• One-Bedroom Suite

The price we were shown on Booking.com ended up being much lower than what we paid once we arrived. There were many fees tacked on to the stay and if we had realized this before booking we would have stayed elsewhere. We were really looking for something with a lower price point and were a bit surprised when we had to pay our final bill. For this price point it would not have been our first choice.

The rooms were clean and spacious. A close walk to the Santa Fe Plaza allowed us to park our car and explore the city on door.

• One-Bedroom Suite

The beds were great. The bathroom great and the space fantastic. The staff were so friendly and competent and welcoming. The location is great and the availability of coffee and tea very convenient.

• One-Bedroom Suite

Cook top didn’t work very well. Light bulbs in overhead didn’t match. Coffee machine in the lobby is a pain. For a while it didn’t work, another time it didn’t work very well.

Front office was very accommodating and helpful when the heating system acted up. Good size room. Liked that sink and makeup area is separate from shower/toilet area. Also liked size of makeup area.

• Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

Excellent location. Wonderful restaurants located within easy walking distance. Cultural sites nearby. Accommodations were upscale and comfortable. Staff were young, knowledgeable and extra courteous. I would return for certain.

• One-Bedroom Suite

The bathroom's location inside of the bedroom was inconvenient for my kids who were sleeping in the living room.

Bedroom was comfortable after a very long drive. Location was just a short 10 or so minute walk outside of the main plaza and art galleries.

• One-Bedroom Suite

I kept getting shocked every time I would open my door. There seemed to be a crazy amount of static electricity in the hotel. I had to wrap my hand in a towel, jacket or shirt be touch anything metal. The room kinda smelled like smoke. I think this place might of been a smoke friendly hotel before turning it into a smoke free hotel.

The rooms had everything we needed and more. We enjoyed the short drive into town although we probably could of walked. The staff were very friendly and the price was very reasonable.

• One-Bedroom Suite

The overall accommodations were satisfactory, however, inattention to details is apparent. Exterior windows haven’t been washed in some time obviously impairing view from our room. The bathroom sink hot water faucet leaked profusely when turned on.

Comfortable bed and nice facilities.

• One-Bedroom Suite

Outlets in the kitchen didn't work, so the coffee pot and toaster wouldn't work in the kitchen.

Great location and huge room. Sofa bed was very comfortable.

• One-Bedroom Suite

I didn't have any huge complaints about the property at all. Parking on site was tight late at night but we still found parking, just not as close to the door as we'd have liked. The bathroom was clean and tidy but standing in the tub it made weird noises which isn't an issue, it was just unsettling. Overall, those were minor comfort things that don't influence my stay at all!

The property was well kept, clean, and quiet. We were pleasantly surprised. Pictures online didn't compliment the property at all in comparison. The gentlemen at the front desk was very helpful and efficient. The property was in a great location close to the plaza but far enough away for quietness! The one bedroom room was so convenient with a kitchenette, balcony, in room coffeemaker, microwave, fridge, and a tv in bedroom and front sitting area. I loved that there were doors between bedroom and kitchenette, for privacy. If we had taken the kiddos they would have slept comfortably on sofa bed! The bed and linens were so clean and comfortable. There was a great sized adults only hot tub that was clean sand a perfect temperate. We'll stay again!

• One-Bedroom Suite

No breakfast, but no big deal. Also the walls are thin and you can hear your neighbors talk.

Great location, close to everything. We had a spacious suite, bed was very comfortable, staff friendly and helpful.

• Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

The only negative comments I have are that the bed is very low & hard for me to get out of, and I wished there was a restaurant or cafe on the property.

My room was great-I loved the fireplace, the bed was comfortable and everything was very clean. The staff is awesome, very accommodating and willing to do whatever possible to meet our needs and wants. The shuttle service was a great surprise. I have trouble walking very far, and Frank and the rest of the staff went out of their way to assist me. But I will be back!

• One-Bedroom Suite

Parking stalls are very compact. We drive a pick up, very tight

Was more like a small apartment than a hotel room. Very roomy and clean. Convenient to activities we had planned.

• Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

Our patio door had no weather stripping, so it was breezy and the noise from the playground nearby was very loud and annoying. The doors to the vanity/ bath and bedroom are poorly designed and light switches are confusing. In general the property seems to be declining. We have stayed there three times now, but will probably not return. The tissues, toilet paper and paper towels are so cheap that it's painful. Staff is great, however, especially like the shuttle service and drivers.

Comfortable bed. Coffee bar at lobby.

• One-Bedroom Suite

The spa/hot tub was unavailable during our stay. The televisions were not High definition. Daily resort fee of $10.00 seemed excessive because this really isn't a resort. It's just a hotel. Price for room was really high. We booked our trip with only about a 10 day advance and had trouble finding accommodations. Although the accommodations were nice enough, it did not feel like a good value at all. I would not stay here again.

Our queen suite was nice. Rooms were large and clean.

• One-Bedroom Suite

Walking distance to town plaza was about 1/2 mile. A little further than we would have liked, as seniors. There was nothing in the immediate area of the villas, so we drove everywhere. Elevator was under maintenance for part of our stay. It would have been nice to have an elevator at each end of the building. ( it was a large building which serviced many rooms so I think one at each end would be a welcome upgrade.) We were surprised that no cleaning or fresh linens were provided in our 3 night stay. We had some confusion with our reservation between booking.com and the hotel. It was difficult to get the two parties on the same page.( booking.com kept telling me they were waiting for a response from the hotel, but the hotel never responded so I kept calling them directly to make sure everything was ok,p- but booking.com never changed the status of " waiting for response from hotel". It was a little annoying because it made me feel like our reservation wasn't secure, but everything worked out fine.

We booked this unit mostly because of the extra room it provided compared to a hotel room. The price for this extra perk made it a good value. Parking downtown can be an issue, so having a free shuttle service available is a nice option, though we did not use it. We were surprised not all rooms had outdoor space (a patio or balcony.) They switched our room to accommodate our request for a balcony.

• One-Bedroom Suite

Staff - they knew we had three in our party. We had to make the sofa bed. No housekeeping AT ALL even though we stayed three nights. Apparently at this "resort" you have to stay five nights before being eligible for housekeeping. Resort facilities included a mediocre pool & a"gym" that is a room with a few bikes and tread mill. We were charged a resort fee for "all the amenities the resort" offers. At the front desk we were told the resort fee was pointed out "at the very bottom of the page in the tiny print"

bed was comfortable

• One-Bedroom Suite

My only complaint, albeit minor, what the erratic Wifi, which kept going on and off. But that's it!

Quiet, beautiful and well-maintained property, where you feel like your staying in your own home, not a hotel, where there's constant coming and going. It's great to have a well-stocked kitchen, so you don't have to run out for every meal. The apartments are spacious and comfortable. Also love the amenities available - pool, hot tubs, outdoor gas grills, etc. Perfect place to relax and enjoy the area.

• One-Bedroom Suite

The facility was clean and well maintained. The pool and surrounding area was kept clean and plenty of towels for everyone. The rooms are spacious and the bed fantastic. The location to the Santa Fe downtown plaza is perfect ...not too close but walkable if desired. Transportation is available to the plaza which is very handy too.

• One-Bedroom Suite

Could have been closer to the main part of town, but that is not controllable - however, they have a wonderful shuttle. However, it was being "worked on" during my stay and it was not family friendly.

Wonderful, amazing accommodation. Clean, friendly staff, nice hot tubs and facilities.

• One-Bedroom Suite

The staff were exceptionally nice and helpful. Also the room(s) we stayed in was excellent value for the money. Location was really nice too. Quiet and a walk distance from the city center. Couldn't have hoped for more.

• One-Bedroom Suite

The overhead fan made noise which was a bit annoying.

Loved the location! Very convenient to everything. The facility was in great shape and very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

• One-Bedroom Suite

The apartment was large, comfortable and clean. Location to downtown santa fe excellent and hotel offered free shuttle bus to and from any restaurant within the local area. Staff very helpful.

• One-Bedroom Suite

Housekeeping frequency! In 10 days, only once. Don't need full housekeeping daily, but small Stuff like picking up the trash and replacing Some essentials would help. I had to call front desk To ask for toilet paper! For this reason, I will not stay There next year. For a total $2000, I expected better.

• One-Bedroom Suite

To use the bathroom, you have to go through the bedroom. This creates a problem for those of us who need to use the bathroom in the middle of the night and are sleeping on the pull out couch in the living room.

The location was very good. The room was very accessible and plenty of room. We had a one bedroom with a pull out couch. The pull out couch was very comfortable and easy to set up into a bed. The design of this couch bed is so much better than the traditional couch pull outs. No bar running down your back.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

• Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

Unit was north facing. As a result, living room and kitchen did not get much natural light. Higher watt bulbs could improve that. Only real complaint is not being able to change to a refundable rate minutes after mistakenly booking room at non refundable rate.

Doors that could be closed to provide privacy in each room. On site staff were amazingly helpful, courteous, and friendly. Complimentary shuttle was a wonderful unexpected service.

• One-Bedroom Suite

No Recycling containers at our building.

Location 10 minutes walk to Plaza. Free Coffee machine and free newspapers in lobby. Offer of free shuttle to town center area. Having a mini kitchen and lounge area in the suite makes it so much better than just a hotel room.

• One-Bedroom Suite

First trim I had was extremely noisy the plumbing is in the wall they move me to the top floor and it was quieter they are very strict and check out times although I spent over $700 and was there for five days they were calling me at literally five minutes after 10 in the morning to see why I had not checked out on their 10 AM check out time when I asked for an extension I had to talk to the manager to get a later check out time because my flight did not leave until three Thirty

Great location in Santa Fe

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

• One-Bedroom Suite

we were right by the entrance and the door tended to slam....but by bedtime, all was well and we slept through any noise.

We liked that the kitchen was stocked, the bed was comfortable, they let us have early admission because it was available. Parked right outside the door. The rooms were lovely. The people were friendly. Two tvs - great suite.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

• One-Bedroom Suite

Very excellent Suit Accommodations, for a very reasonable price. Walking distance to the Santa Fe Plaza. Great hot tub & access to a BBQ for an 'at home' feeling!

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

• One-Bedroom Suite

Property is beginning to show it's age, but not a big deal. Only negative (and a minor one) is that you can hear noise from the adjacent rooms. If you are a light sleeper, ask for the 3rd floor.

Great space, wonderful location. The perfect place to stay in Santa Fe. Price is very reasonable...cheaper than AirBnB and just as nice. We'll stay there again.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

• One-Bedroom Suite

One bedroom unit a bit small. Parked on street. Pool is small for number of guests.

Staff accomodating, however called front desk, housekeeping and operator multiple times and no one picked up. When we finally got through problem solved quickly and completely. Shuttle to Plaza a bonus. Bed comfy. Free laundry great, but 4 washers and 4 dryers not enough for number of guests. We did our laundry late at night.

• One-Bedroom Suite

No ice machine or vending machine on bottom floor.

The room was very clean and comfortable. The pool was great! The staff here are really great as well!

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

• One-Bedroom Suite

Walls are thin so you can hear a lot, especially people walking in and out. Our parking lot seemed to always be full so we had to park in the next building's lot both nights. We also had a few light bulbs that needed to be replaced in the room.

Very clean, roomy and comfortable. Excellent location, staff was friendly and helpful. Great price even with "resort" fee.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

• One-Bedroom Suite

Parking was very limited and a tractor trailer rig took up six or more spaces on our second night so we were forced to park remotely. Signage should state, " vehicles are limited to one space and all vehicles requiring more must park in secondary parking." Outlet was not yet repaired on check out. On site breakfast would definitely be a plus.

The spaciousness of the suite, well stocked kitchenette - even had a great blender! - and the cleanliness. The main electrical outlet on kitchen counter was nonfunctional, as was the first coffee pot, but front desk was prompt in sending maintenance and a new coffee pot was forthcoming within 20-30 minutes. Staff members Maria and Kimberley were courteous and helpful. Housekeeping was very prompt in delivering clean bath linens and an additional blanket. King size bed was amazing and even the sofa bed slept well!

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

• One-Bedroom Suite

Nothing could have been better!

Fantastic location walking distance to historic, downtown Santa Fe. Beautiful facility, well kept, clean, safe, inviting with all the amenities a traveler might want.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

• One-Bedroom Suite

Only minor complaint was the wifi, I wish it stays connected even with the phone screen blacks out, that it takes sometime to reconnect everytime you turn the electronic device back on again. And it has to re-enter the password every 24 hours. But it works fine when it's connected.

Really like how clean the resort was; the location is nice and quiet; staff was really friendly and the lobby was very cozy and welcoming with a cozy sitting area (with free coffee), a gym, pool table, reading room on the side, and washing machines free of use all in the same building. The rooms were extremely clean with a nice little balcony to enjoy the view. Overall a very nice stay, can't top the experience with the same price! Would love to come back and stay at Diamond Resort again!

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

• One-Bedroom Suite

The first room that we got was half made and we had to move with our luggage between buildings. The sofa bed in our suite was not comfortable.

Best value for money. Great location and very nice rooms and facilities. Staff is extremely professional. They immediately took care of our first room situation and upgraded us.

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

• One-Bedroom Suite

The room was extremely noisy... reminiscent of my college dormitory days. You could hear running water, slamming doors, walking in the hallways. It seemed as if all sounds were magnified.

The staff was wonderful...very kind and helpful.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

• One-Bedroom Suite

I was on 2nd floor. The people above me were very noisy. Showering in the middle of the night and heavy tromping on the floor If I'd stay again I'd request the 3rd floor.

The staff was so nice. Genuinely gracious whenever I requested something. I've worked in customer service for 25 years in the corporate world and I know good service and genuine accommodation. I took the shuttle to Sprouts and asked for help with my bags to the room. The guy refused a tip, said he was happy to do it.

• One-Bedroom Suite

We didn't have maid service on the second day, which was no big deal as we could easily get more necessities for our room.

Great location (easy walk to the downtown area), great staff, and the room had everything we needed, including a sofa sleeper in the livingroom. Well stocked kitchenette, and comfortable beds.

• One-Bedroom Suite

Although it was quite obvious they weren't full, they wouldn't let us check in at 12:45, said to come back at 2:00 which we did and again our room wasn't ready. It was ready by 4:00 (gee, thanks, check in time) The room requested didn't bear any resemblance to the one we received and have stayed in many times previously. We were not able to cancel the last nite (14 days advance notice?! Really? Since when...?)

good location, parking, clean, nice size

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

• One-Bedroom Suite

It's in a really good location, like 4 minutes driving from downtown, it's really comfortable like a little apartment. Friendly Staff, Good Parking.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

• One-Bedroom Suite

The attitude of the evening reception desk person

Great location close to all attractions. The courtesy bus in the evening was a great way to get to and from dinner without worrying about driving.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

• One-Bedroom Suite

First place I have EVER stayed where there were 2 TV's. GREAT! This place was like a great apartment instead of a hotel room. Lots of closet space. As good as being home!

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

• Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

The stay could have been longer.

The property was centrally located and clean. The fireplace is a nice touch. The staff was friendly and accommodating.

• Reviewed: 30 November 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite

The lighting in the room, including the bathroom, is dim. I prefer a lot more light.

Very comfortable, clean, quiet property. Friendly and helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite

I didn't stay long enough to find something I didn't like.

I ended up arriving late and leaving early, so the highlight of the trip was the staff. Very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite

The mattress must be broke down on the side closest to the bathroom. Had to sleep in middle but rolled to bad side one sleeping.

The car that took us and picked us up! The drivers were excellent and the convenience added so much to our visit of Santa Fe!!

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite

elevator was sounding a little alarming

The shuttle service was a nice plus. Didn't have to worry about parking and a quick phone call when we wished to be picked up.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

A tad pricey

Room was great. The bed was extremely comfortable. Excellent location within a few minutes walking distance to La Plaza, restaurants, etc.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite

The walls were pretty thin. We were right off the parking lot on the second floor and anytime anyone was in the lot or getting in or out of the car, we could hear easily. We could also hear people over us banging around late one night. I would not call this place a resort. There is a resort fee that gets tacked on to each night. Not quite sure why this isn't just included in the price of the room. The furnishings in the room look a little used and the pool table in the main building does too. There is no daily cleaning service in the rooms. Not a big deal to me, but it makes the extra resort fee seem that much stranger. Also, it makes no sense that if they aren't going to clean the rooms every day, they don't provide bigger trash bins, especially in the bathroom. If you are staying more that 2 or 3 nights, the bins will be overflowing when you leave. We felt like there was a big difference between our check-in clerk and the check-out clerk. The check-in clerk was mildly friendly and a bit robotic. The check-out clerk was very friendly and professional.

First and foremost, the room was clean. Second, it was an easy walk to plaza area where all the shopping and eating takes place. I was glad to have a little bit of distance between the noisier area of things, but still be close enough to walk. There is complimentary tea and coffee in the main building which was nice.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite

kitchen is not set up very well to acutally use but with the kind of restaruants no one is going to actually cook. It was awkward to use .Fridge door could not be opened all the way. the light for the bathroom with toilet and shower was outside. the room. annoying. in adequate trash recepticals . If you are not going to have any maid service you should provide a trash bucket in the toilet room ,in the makeup and dressing area one in the bedroom and one in the living room separate from the kitchen so food trash and paper/recycle can be in different trash containers.

comfortable beds. nice living room space with tv ,chair and couch and the ottomans that flip tops to use as a tray, nice shower Nice staff. One young repair man did not hesitate to help us get through the doors with luggage and open our room for us.

• Reviewed: 11 July 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite

Absolutely no food options but given the places have kitchens and are for extended stays you might expect that. But for the one or two night staying guests very inconvenient.

Great place with full kitchen amenities and large suite rooms. Shuttle service to Plaza was excellent and on demand. Other more famous hotels in the area have rooms so small you have to go outside to change your mind! This place is wonderfully large

• Reviewed: 8 July 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite

The pool was a bit small so was very crowded. Didn't use it.

Good value for the money. We all had a mini-suite which made it easy to gather. Also liked the adults-only hot tub.

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite

The only thing for me was the bin not being collected. As we were cooking and there for 3 nights I did have to ask what to do with it.

The room was practically an apartment with a separate small kitchen and living room, very nice. They have great barbecues outside by the hot tub which we took full advantage of in the evenings as the supermarket is around the corner. Nice pool area. Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 21 June 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite

Computers available for guest use were very slow and we were unable to use for checking in and printing boarding passes.

Very clean, quiet, great location, very professional and well-mannered staff. On demand shuttle service was very convenient. Room was spacious and beds very comfortable. It was great to have a full kitchen. The unit was furnished very tastefully and it felt like home. Loved the dressers and closets.

spacious room

Not much.

Courtesy and friendliness of staff. Shuttle service. Room layout.

• Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

Everything was great, would for sure go back.

• One-Bedroom Suite

Housekeeping every day. "Time share" excuse is lousy.

Hotel was very clean.

• One-Bedroom Suite

Refund on extra room that was booked by mistake at time of reservation.

Great location, ease of services.

Nice

A little bit far from Santa Fe center

• One-Bedroom Suite

It was loud you could hear the other guests moving around

• One-Bedroom Suite

Trash outside of building was full for two days. Not enough toilet paper.

Locations and staff

• One-Bedroom Suite

Wasn't informed that the elevators were going to be shut down and had to carry my bags down a flight of stairs at 5 in the morning.

Spacious

• One-Bedroom Suite

lots of construction type work going on indoors and analog televisions

terrific staff and clean room

• Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

Getting a bit dated needs a Reno soon.

• One-Bedroom Suite

Air conditioning - couldn’t cool room down

Shuttle service

• Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

Needs more coffee tables. Bathroom sink needs drain. Very slow draining.

It was perfect for our needs.

• Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

I loved this place! Location was great, price was fabulous and staff was amazing!! I have now found my "spot" when I travel to Santa Fe.

Browse Villas de Santa Fe By Diamond Resorts traveller photo gallery