Reviews of Villas of Sedona by VRI Resort 3 stars

55 Northview Road, West, Sedona, AZ 86336, USA

#3 of 5 Holiday rentals in Sedona

Plenty of room, nicely decorated, appointed and maintained. Toilets and sinks in bathrooms too low!
    • One Bedroom Loft Villa

Icemakers were not working and refrigerators did not have ice cube trays. TV resolution was very poor even though Tv's were high definition capable.

Great scenic getaway!
    • Two-Bedroom Villa

Only things that could be improved is up grade toilets to more efficient chair height and outdoor pool could have a more frequent cleaning schedule.

Location, comfortable, clean, well appointed condos, quiet, great activities, fantastic club house staff!

Would return and recommend to others.
    • Two Bedroom Loft

Cannot think of anything.

Convenient location in town and the unit was adjacent to the pool, where we relaxed in the afternoon. We had a minor problem with a toilet but it was attended to within the hour.

Great stay!
    • Two-Bedroom Villa

The backdoor was wide open when we arrived in our room. Made us a little weary that someone might have been in the room and the safety of our small children. My husband had to thoroughly inspect the entire unit to make sure no one was in there

Spacious. Great unit for an extended stay.

The living room was very spacious with a nice fireplace.
    • Two-Bedroom Villa

I would have preferred two full bathrooms for a two bedroom unit.

The living room was very spacious with a nice fireplace. It was clean and comfortable.

Made extra enjoyable because of staff friendliness
    • One Bedroom Loft Villa

The dishwasher didn't close and there was no teapot.. Hard on an ex Brit! The staff member was discouraging about the use of buses(we had no car and limited cel coverage). We would've appreciated more information as to bus stops and times.

Even though this is a time share at no time were we pressured and would not have known it was a time share if someone hadn't told us. The reception staff and other workers went out of their way to be helpful

😃😃😃
    • Two-Bedroom Villa

Nothing really, not for this price. Excellent value.

Good beds. Good kitchen. Very tall ceiling. Plenty of parking. Fast internet. Big screens with good cable selection. Gas fire a nice touch.

Houses are really nice and charm.
    • One Bedroom Loft Villa

Facilities are a bit outdated compared to the houses/apt. Indoor pool looks sketchy and was not warm. Asked to fixed but it took too long to even try after a day to warm the water.

Houses are really nice and charm. Nice place to stay with family or friends and feel like at home.

The place is wonderful, close in, clean, updated, and has a lot to offer.
    • Two Bedroom Loft

We rented the 2 bedroom with loft as we had 6 people traveling. All of the beds, including the murphy bed, were very comfortable. The facility is very nice, well maintained and clean. The location is perfect - a Starbucks right at the end of the driveway. I would definitely recommend this property and will come back again myself.

Sadness in Sedona - Villas Sedona sucked
    • Two-Bedroom Villa

I was promised by the GM Martin that my therapy dog was approved and then when the other GM was not on the property supposedly there was a complaint my dog was barking we weren't even awake yet and I was told to leave or paid $200 deposit right when we foun parking at Tlaquepaque. So we had to leave and go meet with the GM and on the way there he called me and told me it wasn't necessary for us to leave after we lost our parking place and ruined the rest of the entire day and evening because after you come back from that location it's very difficult to get back to that location for anything any restaurants etc etc. If the original general manager would have told me my dog was not allowed under any circumstances I would have found another place to stay problem avoided. But due to the circumstances we paid for two nights and really only enjoyed one the other one was of complete and utter sadness and disappointment. I would say 85% of the time the dog wasn't even on the property she was with us and when I took her for a walk I didn't even walk her on the property. I believe it was a setup because they don't want therapy dogs to be legitimate. I never saw anyone on this property that was under 60 years of age except for the people that checked us in, it was more like a retirement community than a family friendly timeshare. I will never go there again or recommend it to anyone.

The jacuzzi

Great comfortable beds.
    • Two Bedroom Loft

Great comfortable beds. Plenty of space in a villa for 8 people!We only had 4 and had loads of roam left. We wish we stayed longer. Everything was clean and updated. I enjoyed the hot tubs at night

the purpose was to rest and and relax. did just that.
    • One Bedroom Loft Villa

did what we wanted it to do

the pool and spa were clean and well maintained. the grill area was excellent and had a nice touch with the cooking utensils provided. the villa was very nice well maintained and well stocked of dishes and cups. small problem with tv maintenance right on the ball,very nice

SUPER
    • One Bedroom Loft Villa

We look for villas so we can come back in the evening, cook our own dinner and relax. Our villa could sleep four, two floors, full kitchen, bath and half. Just a great place for us to stay. Highly recommend it.

Highly recommended
    • One Bedroom Loft Villa

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our 4 night stay in the 2 level apartment. It had full cooking facilities, lounge/dining room, separate bedroom/ensuite and was well maintained. The grounds and pool was also lovely. Reception friendly.

I had a room and was transferred due to a electrical...
    • One Bedroom Loft Villa

I had a room and was transferred due to a electrical shortage that busted . There was smoke for hours and I was smelling it. I had a headache the whole time there due to this Just unsatisfied with the Villas

NOT A HAPPY CAMPER.
    • Two-Bedroom Villa

dining chairs had not been cleaned.---. clubhouse was directly behind the unit but we had to walk around the block to get to it because of trenches being dug. with 9 and 11 year old very inconvenient since the deal had been paid for four months before. This should have been revealed and concession made.

bedrooms were large-close to parking-kitchen was compact and clean.

Great place! We will definitely be going back. Maybe in the winter to use the fireplace!
    • Two-Bedroom Villa

paid a little more than i would have liked but otherwise it was worth it

They had everything you could think of to be comfortable; pool towels, kitchen utensils, plates , ,cups pots, pans etc.. lots of space to relax and the pool was nearby. you also have your own little patio to sit and sip morning coffee

Furnished nice, clean, very open floor plan, comfortable...
    • Two Bedroom Loft

Furnished nice, clean, very open floor plan, comfortable beds everything was great.. Shows like a model..will definitely rent again instead of a hotel

3 night stay
    • Two-Bedroom Villa

Bedroom floor was creaky (noisy under foot). The upstairs balcony had 2 loose floorboards. Living room couch was uncomfortable.

Spacious, kitchen fully equipped, extra pillows and linens. Vacuum, iron, and board convenient, the air conditioning cold. Proximity to swimming pool and clubhouse was excellent.

Lovely Villas of Sedona!
    • One Bedroom Loft Villa

Check-in desk was located wrong place(in front of sister resort gate.)

Beautiful Sedona, good location, big and clean room, good facilities. all was great!

Very clean resort and two bedroom condo very roomy for family of 4. Staff was very friendly!
    • Two Bedroom Loft

The master bedroom bed was very uncomfortable. Need new mattress. Also wish game room was open past 8 p.m. but the whole town of Sedona seems to shut down around that time. That was our only complaint about the condo. Resort is very nice. Sedona is beautiful!

Convenient to everything. Great location. Condo was very clean. would stay there again.

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

It was a beautiful room.
    • Two-Bedroom Villa

I tried to contact the facility to advise of later than planned arrival phone numbers provided on booking didn't get me to the property. I was unsure until I arrived if my room was held. The instructions made it appear that there was no office yet there is.

It was a beautiful room. The amount of a space was much more than I expected. I only wish I could have stayed longer.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

Perfect family vacation spot!
    • Two-Bedroom Villa

The master bedroom bed was not the most comfortable. The decor is a little outdated but our unit was spotlessly clean. Maybe not the best romantic/luxurious getaway for couples but awesome for those of us traveling with kids.

This is the best place to stay in Sedona for families. Its wonderful to be able to spread out in a condo and cook in the kitchen. The kids loved the pools and playground. Perfect location next to Starbucks and close to restaurants and hiking but out of the busy city center.

Not safe for children... Disappointing.....
    • Two Bedroom Loft

We stayed in unit 13, it is not small child friendly. The railing to the loft is wide and my child could fit his whole body through.... The windows, both lower and upper, had no safety locks and the upper window above the concrete porch had no safety lock and the screen was falling out. We never left our two year old in this room or on the loft area alone for fear he would fall from window or balcony. The front door only had a deadbolt, which unlocked when the inside handle was engaged. Again, not child safe.... Furthermore, I was under the impression we could use both the indoor and outdoor pools and was excited to have an indoor option if the weather turned rainy. The outdoor pool- although not publicized online- is not heated until April 1 which made it MUCH too cold to swim in. We ended up using the indoor pool but the pool area was pretty dirty. Had I known the outdoor pool was not heated during our stay I would have booked somewhere else. The unit was outdated, which we did not mind; but the carpeting was stained and dirty and I found several nail clipping and a large broken nail in both the main bedroom and the upstairs bathroom. A look under the couch revealed several article of trash that has not been cleaned from previous occupants. On our second to last day, our son pushed the button to turn on the propane fireplace and we turned it off but it kept burning. Upon inspection we realized that the propane had been running our entire 4 day stay up to this point and was mostly venting out the open flu. We turned to propane off at the valve inside, but were upset that it had been leaking out our entire stay ans was not turned off by housekeeping or even checked when they "cleaned" our unit. Thank goodness the flu was left open.... We stayed at Sedona Summit last year, and I will be going back there again instead of to Villas of Sedona!

Having a kitchen and room for family to move about. the location of the property is EXCELLENT. Walgreen's and Starbucks right next door!

Great condo to enjoy the night before my wedding!
    • Two-Bedroom Villa

The only thing we did not love was that there was only one entrance into the full bathroom which was through the master the bedroom. Our family had to come into our room in order to Shower in the early morning hours.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

Everything except the part about finding the property
    • Two Bedroom Loft

It took us twenty minutes to find the entrance to the property. It was blocked off. We went to three properties before we found you.

Everything except the part about finding the property

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

Lovely stay in Sedona
    • Two-Bedroom Villa

The phone number to property was incorrect. I emailed request for early checkin, response was for directions for after hours check in. Staff at office said they did not receive request, knew nothing about it. With the incorrect phone number calling ahead was useless.

Extremely clean, spacious, quiet. Amenities excellent. Would recommend.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Great place to escape
    • One Bedroom Loft Villa

The heater/air conditioner is a little bit noisy.

The people at the Font desk were very friendly and helpfull. They gave us suggestions were to eat, and specially where to do hiking. A young lady from Florida working at the front desk, was an excellent tourist guide for us. The rooms are great in space and comfort. Very quite and well located.

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

Location close too but far enough from downtown
    • Two-Bedroom Villa

The setyp of the units is not conducive to a family of four with the very small bathrooms. Due to the rain there were ants and worms that made it into the unit.

Location close too but far enough from downtown

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

Great spot for an extended stay.
    • One Bedroom Loft Villa

The decor in our unit was looking a little dated, but certainly not a major drawback. On the plus-side, the bathrooms looked recently upgraded.

Great spot in Sedona, great space for a small family to enjoy a couple of days (or more) without being on top of each other. Perfect for my wife, me and our 7 year-old son.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

Wonderful place.
    • One Bedroom Loft Villa

It would have been nice if I'd brought my swimsuit!

Everything needed for a great stay. Plenty of room to spread out in. Lovely to have a fireplace during a light winter snow.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

The staff and room were perfect!
    • One Bedroom Loft Villa

They have lots of family amenities listed on their website,and although they do have everything that's listed online,the game room was off limits due to meetings and the playground was locked. I wish these amenities would have been available to my family as listed upon booking.

The staff and room were perfect!Overall I would definitely stay here again.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Can't beat the location.
    • Two-Bedroom Villa

Can't beat the location. Near to lot of things that you wouldn't realize you depend on until you go there. I have always stayed in a cabin at Sedona, but I preferred this place over the cabins given it's proximity to all the interesting places that you would like to go around and see during your stay.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

The condo was super tidy and great location.
    • One Bedroom Loft Villa

The sheets for the Murphy bed could have been nicer. They were kind of old and straggly but a very minor point.

The condo was super tidy and great location.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

We are happy on the clean, convinent of the place
    • Two-Bedroom Villa

The place is convinent and clean and nice and confort

Pool and Spa area, along with grate access to desired...
    • Two-Bedroom Villa

You were spot on, will be back..

Pool and Spa area, along with grate access to desired destination during the day...

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Space of the villa
    • Two-Bedroom Villa

Pool was small and crowded

Space of the villa Location

Happy Customers
    • Two-Bedroom Villa

The size of the two bedroom unit was very spacious and everything we needed was available. Beds were comfortable. I would go there again.

Comfortable and convenient.
    • One Bedroom Loft Villa

Unit was a little tired feeling.

Access to pool , facility amenities and shopping areas was great.

Good location, very comfortable and convenient to enjoy the...
    • Two-Bedroom Villa

Good location, very comfortable and convenient to enjoy the marvels of Sedona !

great value! Fireplace made it so 'homey"

Fabulous linens!

Great place. Totally recommend it!
    • Two-Bedroom Villa

Extremely clean, awesome location, and tremendous value!

The space was excellent, no problems.
    • Two-Bedroom Villa

Would have preferred liquid cream.

The space was excellent, no problems. Could have used two packages of coffee though as we were a group of 4.

It was better than I expected.
    • Two Bedroom Loft

There was nothing I would have changed.

Loved it. It was like home away from home, but with extras.

Excellent stay, will visit again
    • Two Bedroom Loft

The beds were not comfortable for us; they were too soft. Pillows, blankets and everything else was great.

Everything was great.

The view from the room.
    • One Bedroom Loft Villa

Everything was excellent! Would stay there again!

The view from the room. Also, the location as perfect!

Comfy and spacious.
    • Two Bedroom Loft

We only stayed one night, everything was nice.

Comfy and spacious.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Stayed for one night, wish we had stayed longer.

Beautiful spacious accommodation.

Excellent place to enjoy family vacation,
    • Two Bedroom Loft

The bed was very comfortable. The location is a quiet neighborhood.The place also provided free WIFI internet service.

Beautiful Sedona

All good!

Locations was great, so spacious and comfortable, lots to do on site to keep busy and good food close by.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

The condo was spacious.
    • One Bedroom Loft Villa

The condo was spacious. Perfect for a family with teenagers.

comfortable

Only 1 shower was not enough

Very spacious

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

A lot of clubhouse activities for all ages was a pleasant...
    • One Bedroom Loft Villa

A lot of clubhouse activities for all ages was a pleasant surprise

Would have liked an early check in.
    • Two Bedroom Loft

Would have liked an early check in.

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

We will be back! Stay was pleasant.
    • Two-Bedroom Villa

It was fine. Pillows too soft?

Location in town was perfect and facilities were clean and the staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

Liked everything

Great location with friendly staff.

Lovely 2 bedroom, 2bathroom apartment

Lovely 2 bedroom, 2bathroom apartment

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

location, 1 block from the business we were working at.
    • One Bedroom Loft Villa

location, 1 block from the business we were working at.

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

It's worth it

Very homey. Comfortable lovely setting.

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

Nice location, uncomfy beds
    • One Bedroom Loft Villa

The beds were uncomfortable. The master bed, and the pullout couch that my grand daughter slept on.

The unit was very clean

• Reviewed: 15 March 2016

The facilities were just as presented on the website, nice...

The facilities were just as presented on the website, nice and spacious so our teens could have some privacy. The Club house came in handy, my husband enjoyed the Native American flute presentation and the kids liked the snake. Nice and accessible to Sedona and surrounding areas.

• Reviewed: 13 March 2016

Great location (a minute walk to a Starbucks, access to lots...

Dining room table was a little awkward for the space - 4 people would not have been able to squeeze around.

Great location (a minute walk to a Starbucks, access to lots of restaurants on 89A, 5 minute drive to hiking or to downtown Sedona), nice indoor pool and outdoor playground. Well stocked kitchen. Great for families!

• Reviewed: 9 February 2016

Separate bedrooms, well equipped kitchen, 2 bathrooms,...

I thought I was getting 4 separate beds instead of 2 twins and one king. Even though the sofa bed was counted, we do not like sofa beds. It turns a living room into a bedroom and limits privacy.

Separate bedrooms, well equipped kitchen, 2 bathrooms, fireplace. It was a townhouse that allowed my friends and me to be together or do our own thing separately.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2015

We enjoyed how close your hotel was to where we like to eat...

I would of gave your property a 10 out of 10 only for a few issues. I noticed in our bedroom the king size headboard was very loose from the bedframe. Each time either my wife or myself got in or out of bed we woke each other up. I had to put a blanket eventually to stop the banging. This needs to be repaird. The other item was when entering the room it smelled awful. We had to go purchase a scented candle to get the old musty smell which wasn't pleasant upon entering the room. The window in the kitchen by sink should have a curtain for privacy. Also should be a gate to porch for more privacy by front door. When I moved the couch in the loft there was trash under it is had to clean up. I know it's a older property by the decor can't wait to see what it looks like when it's been renovated and brought up to standards in the hotel industry. I say this coming from a Ex Hotel Manager from Hyatt Regency and Marriott.

We enjoyed how close your hotel was to where we like to eat and play. It was great to have Starbucks at the corner. We liked all the patios wish we could of used them it was too cold. We didnt use the pool because it was the winter maybe on our next trip. We really like how quiet it was compared to other properties we noticed around town. The staff was excellent at check in/out very happy which makes our stay much more enjoyable. We would recommend this hotel to our friends/family.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2015

Accommodation was immaculate and clean tidy and well stocked...

Only stayed one night Wish we had stayed a few days longer.

Accommodation was immaculate and clean tidy and well stocked with equipment. Real home from home. Staff super helpful and full of advice on where to eat out etc. Couldn't have been more helpful. Thank you

• Reviewed: 28 September 2015

Very clean, plenty of towels.

Very clean, plenty of towels. Murphy bed had full thick mattress. Heated pool. Activities at the club house. Grocery stores close by. Full kitchen. Hope to stay there Again.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2015

They provided nice privacy for each couple.

It was very frustrating since we had been told by booking that we could get a early check in and yet they said they do not honor that. And so before we knew this we went at 12:30 to see if we could get in early. The answer of course was no. Villa told us they would call us as soon as a room was available but if they hadn't heard from us to call them at 4. They had no interest in contacting us. Who says if we don't call you then you call us? So we went and enjoyed sites. Then a storm came in and we still hadn't heard and it was 2 1/2 hours later. So I called. They said no rooms are available till 4. No interest in checking or making any effort to satisfy customer. So we just went to lobby and hung out. They asked if we would rather hang out in back of the lobby. I guess cause we looked like wet rats. We said no because the couch we sat on was comfortable. The front desk lady's then began rolled there eyes and whispered to each other like we couldn't hear them. Very rude. Never a welcoming comment. We had no other place to go since we were soaking wet. A manager came out and gave us a room at 3:30. No apologies by him. When we got to room it smelled. It was very stuff as if it hadn't been used for quite awhile. We opened all doors and windows to air it out. Sad to say this was not a great experience. No hot water for showers the next day either. Wish they had interest in keeping place up. It has a lot of potential.

They provided nice privacy for each couple. Of course one of the private bedroom only had a full size mattress. Fine for a little family.

• Reviewed: 18 June 2015

Our villa was a second home and so clean when we got there.

There was no housekeeping but there was okay but plenty of fresh towels. Making our own beds and taking out the trash was not a big deal

Our villa was a second home and so clean when we got there. The staff was extremely accommodating; downgrading our reservations to a smaller villa.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2015

We really liked the layout of the villas.

We really liked the layout of the villas. Lots of privacy and space for our family. The villa and the facilities(pool/hot tub, game room, laundry) were clean. The people at the front desk were very friendly and helpful. The location was good: close to grocery stores, restaurants and the movie theater.

• Reviewed: 14 June 2015

We loved the location of the condo to the pool, laundry and...

Sharing the full upstairs bath with the other couple who accompanied us was not convenient. They had a mirror in their bedroom and we had none. Next time we will be sure to rent 2 full baths but the condo was great!

We loved the location of the condo to the pool, laundry and restaurants uptown.

• Reviewed: 21 May 2015

Unit 31 at Villas of Sedona is a peaceful place to enjoy ...

Unit 31 at Villas of Sedona is a peaceful place to enjoy magical Sedona. On the west side of town near natural food restaurants, movie theater, markets and other vacation amenities. The unit seemed newly renovated, with brand new mattresses, dishes and silverware and cookware and spotless in every corner.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2015

the while property was great.

checking in earlier than 12 is not an option. I actually had to wait until 4 even though we had to check out at 11.

the while property was great. Th loft was amazing and everything was really clean.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2015

Location was good.

Wifi was slow for basic tasks like emailing. Kitchen was not well appointed. Coffee maker did not work well. Knives were barely functional. Only had a baking sheet, so using the oven required creativity. Dishwasher door was difficult to keep shut. Icemaker was very loud and had to be shut off at night eo we could sleep. Unit was quite dark

Location was good. Unit was large. Layout of unit was pleasant. Showers and televisions worked well. Sufficient, convenient parking. Grocery store and great restaurant within a block.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2015

This property was very family friendly.

Only minor issues with our three night stay; The office for check-in was a little hard to find, not well marked. The unit was larger than anticipated, we may have rented something else if the online property description was more thorough. We were out and about on this trip so not an issue for us, but with our other group we travel with, they would have been disappointed that these units do not have a "view" from the living room.

This property was very family friendly. Spacious unit with everything a family would need for an extended stay. Only three of us on this trip, but unit could have easily slept eight. Easy access to the pools and rec areas on the property. Walking distance to restaurants, drug store and grocery if needed.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2015

Liked the location and the fact that it offered two separate...

The reservation process was frustrating Was requested to provide the credit card number to the reservation office for the Villas located in CA after booking.com had confirmed the reservation. Without it the reservation would not go through. I ended up giving our credit card number in five different instances. Good thing I called the day of our arrival to make sure everything was in order because the number was not on file and our reservations might have been cancelled.

Liked the location and the fact that it offered two separate bedrooms.

There are also 36 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.