Reviews of Viscay Hotel This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

960 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139, United States of America

#140 of 390 hotels in Miami Beach

• Reviewed: June 2, 2018

Receptionist and location was great!
    • Studio Suite

You can hear all the noise from the street early hours of the morning and when it says parking is available, you have to find street parking which is quite hard on south beach!

Receptionist and location was great!

• Reviewed: May 21, 2018

Good location but noisy room
    • Standard Room

No breakfast, no free parking, fan was extremely loud so it was kinda hard to sleep.

Very central location, 5 min walk to the beach and to bars and clubs as well. Staff are nice..

• Reviewed: May 16, 2018

• Superior Room

Wi-fi was very bad, it kept disconnecting and asking for the password again and again and again... We also didn’t have all of the towels and our room could have been cleaned better

• Reviewed: May 15, 2018

Good location, didn't get the bed situation we asked for.

We booked in March to stay in May for two double beds, and we got a King bed. Asked what happened and wasn't given an answer. Wasn't really the end of the world, just a little awkward to share a bed like that. Location is excellent. Somewhat bare bones, the building is old, but it got the job done.

The location was great. Girl at front desk was very nice.

• Reviewed: May 6, 2018

Nice stay
    • Studio Suite

I would have wanted to be able to pay bit more for the breakfast in order to get something better. All you get for breakfast is a croissant, a bagel, coffee and an orange juice. The place where we had the breakfast was nice though, right across the hotel.

The location was perfect (if you are up to partying during the night), but if you would go there to sleep and relax and you wake up easily during the night, this is not a place for you. The girl at the reception, Daniela was really nice and helpful!!

• Reviewed: April 11, 2018

Very charming as a scene from the good part of Scarface or Miami vice (without blood and chainsaws)
    • Studio Suite

The cleanness was very poor. The bathroom was full of sand and hairs from previous tenants. We were also not lucky with the timing - right in the middle of spring break. So since the hotel is at a crossroad - all the cars with loud music were as if in the middle of the room. Until 5 am. When travelling with a 6 month old you are well trained but still. This was unfortunate.

It is an old Art Deco building which is amazing to stay in. It has the charm from the old times as it’s preserved the way it was. Nothing glamorous but totally cosy. Right at Collins ave. stuff was very friendly too.

• Reviewed: April 5, 2018

Location, directly in the heart of Miami Beach
    • Studio Suite

There is a kitchen but no oven to cook anything. Only microwave. If you want to open the window it is very loud. But with close rather there is no problem with noises.

Location, directly in the heart of Miami Beach

• Reviewed: March 24, 2018

hotel location was grt!
    • Superior Room

Price was high. No airport transfers.

The breakfast was ok which we expected from reviews, the location was absolutely fabulous ! Asked for a quiet room & got upgraded so was spacious.

Two girls positive experience at Viscay Hotel
    • Standard Room

Maybe i will improve a bit the breakfast

At the beginning the staff allocated us a room which was small and not very comfy. The next day we asked them to move to other room and if necessary to pay the extra charge for the upgrade. The young guy assisted us immediately and very kindly and at the end he didnt ask for the extra charge as we had to wait a few mins that the room was cleaned up. The new room was very large and comfortable. The staff in general is very gentle and sociable. The position is awesome, close to ocean drive. The hotel is a little dated, but i guess that's the art deco style :). I would come back!

• Reviewed: March 17, 2018

It was a nice stay. I enjoyed it.
    • Studio Suite

Didn’t like that only one key was given when we had multiple people in the room.

Hotel was nice enough, no one really bothered you or made any issues. Room was a solid size

• Reviewed: March 8, 2018

good enough
    • Studio Suite

I asked to booking for a hotel with parking area, and booking give me this hotel as a hotel with parking area, but when I arrived to the Hotel, they said that they dont have parking area. breakefast was so poor.

the front desk, excellent service

• Reviewed: February 23, 2018

Disappointing. Will seek promised refund.
    • Studio Suite

The they gave they gave our room away t gave our suite away and moved a family of 3 to a single They didn't even lower the price to that room rate.

• Reviewed: February 18, 2018

We enjoy the beach, food, walking and biking options.
    • Studio Suite

Busy corner in the heart of South Beach, which we love. But we should have taken ear plugs for sleeping! Next time!

Room was clean, well maintained and the complimentary breakfast was nice! Assorted crosiants with juice and coffee.

• Reviewed: February 16, 2018

We were pleased with the hotel.
    • Studio Suite

The hallways were a bit long in the tooth and we didn't see any fire sprinklers.

The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. The price was relatively good, given it was during high season. The breakfast was simple and adequate.

• Reviewed: February 7, 2018

Miami beach for fun
    • Superior Room

Music all night long.. but that is because of the location! You get used to it!

The building itself, if you like ArtDeco and location is important for you in MiamiBeach, check in here! All receptionist were kind and helpful!

• Reviewed: January 6, 2018

Nice hotel near to the beaches.
    • Studio Suite

The parking situation is not good - 25 USD per day for a special hotel card to park outside on the street. Small breakfast - coffee, juise, toast, croissants/cakes with butter and jam (no water, milk, fruits, vegetables, cereals or cornflakes).

Nice location - close to Ocean Dr and the nice beaches! Big and clean room with an extra room for garderobe. Contrary to the opinion of some other guest we heard no noise from the street. The staff and especially the owner of the hotel, we met at the last day, was very friendly and receptive!

• Reviewed: December 16, 2017

Good value for money
    • Studio Suite

Breakfast was the same almost every day and there was no fresh fruits or vegetables.

The location was great. Close to the beach and Ocean Drive, but still very queit. The room was spacious, clean and comfy. WiFi signal was excellent.

• Reviewed: December 15, 2017

Room was big and hotel is located in the middle of restaurants, bars, and a block from the beach.
    • Studio Suite

No parking at property and had to park in a parking garage a few blocks away. Breakfast was terrible with dried up pastries and bad coffee. The location is very noisy as it’s on the main South Beach street and you will hear cars beeping, vehicles racing by and sirens all through the night.

Close proximity to everything in South Beach and really would not need a car unless taking day trips to Lauderdale etc.

• Reviewed: November 21, 2017

A cozy place close to the beach
    • Superior Room

- dirty... room cleaning was poor - wi-if did not work at the room - noisy at night but with earplugs it’s perfect - the same breakfast every day (in general, it was fine for the price)

- big and cozy room with all necessary things (iron, fan, safe, kitchen, cloakroom etc) - comfortable bed - nice design - great location - friendly staff

• Reviewed: August 30, 2017

Great Location, Friendly Staff and Value Priced.

Location was amazing!! The beach, shopping, and entertainment was only steps away. Accommodations matched the amount spent. This was a girls trip and we didn't spend much time in the room, it is MIAMI!!!

• Reviewed: August 30, 2017

I would DEFINITELY stay at this hotel again!!!!
    • Standard Room

Phenomenal Staff!! Ray and Aida are the BEST!!!! We are going to miss you both!! It felt like home, my friend and I were taken very good care of. We felt very safe and no hassle for anything!!

• Reviewed: June 27, 2017

Cheap hotel in good location. Poor customer service
    • Superior Room

Guests are charged 25$ parking card fee if you rent a car or want to park outside I think that should be free of charge as its a card issued for property to be used for guests in zone not any private parking We found a MASSIVE cocrouch in our room...we asked to be located in other room and we got it but staff didn't seem apologetic... I would rather pay a bit more or stay somewhere further from the beach but with no fear of big insects over my head:/

Hotel is very close to the beach. Rooms are spacious, clean towels everyday Small but nice breakfast included Cheap as for this location

• Reviewed: May 28, 2017

Great anniversary weekend

I didn't like that they don't offer ice you have to go buy ice. The parking garage is within walking distance the meters and valet were expensive. They say that chairs and umbrellas are available for the beach but they were rusted out.

The room was ok and everything was within walking distance

• Reviewed: May 25, 2017

Bugs, Loud, but great location. Such a shame because I have stayed here before without issue.
    • Standard Room

I was placed in a standard room. I arrived very late at approximately 11.30 pm. I arrived at the room which did not seem particularly clean....I saw insect debris on the bed...and brushed them off. I was so tired I went right to bed. I woke up the next morning to discover more of the insect debris, particularly wings.....I then raised the mattress and saw a number of bugs on the boxspring...I am not sure what the bugs were, but there were a number of them...at that point I had had enough. I went down to the reception expecting to get a hard time, but they immediately offered an upgraded room. They didnt even want to see the bugs which I had discovered, which tells me that this must be a known infestation in the hotel. The windows are single pane, so there is significant noise coming up from the street...loud horns, music blaring. The Clevelander bar is 1 block away so there is loud music blaring until the wee hours of the morning.

The staff made amends by moving me to an upgraded room. The location is great.

• Reviewed: March 31, 2017

I enjoyed my stay and will stay at this hotel again
    • Standard Room

I didnt like that the front desk closed at 10pm..What if someone lost their key to the room

the bed was very comfortable. I loved the set up in our room.

• Reviewed: February 17, 2017

Great, cozy hotel with amazing staff!
    • Superior Room

Relatively small selection for breakfast, but there are many coffee places surrounding the property, so a very minor point.

Fantastic stay! Really cozy art deco styled hotel. The best part of it are the amazing staff. They helped arrange a fantastic city tour and helped us when discovering South Beach. The rooms were also incredibly cozy and large.

• Reviewed: January 16, 2017

Perfect location. Very Clean. Highly recommend.
    • Superior Room

Breakfast could have been better. However it's only a minor thing. We did not actually bother about it.

Perfect location, room was always kept clean and the staff were super friendly. Highly recommend this hotel since it's in the centre of everything in South Beach.

• Reviewed: December 11, 2016

This is a hotel?
    • Standard Room

Breakfast included??? One piece of bread only, and, if you wake up very early. Or else they would say, sorry we don't have more!!! This is more like a private rooms rental than a hotel. Very old, no elevator, staff don't have a minima idea how to welcome guests. The only good about it, is the location.

• Reviewed: December 8, 2016

The location was perfect!

I did not like that I was not able to check out properly. I had to leave the key and did not receive an invoice. It was brought to my attention that there was no parking pass or discount. That was an inconvenience to my friends who drove. They had to pay for street parking.

The location was perfect! It was a block from the beach,stores and restaurants. The room was clean and equipped with a mini fridge and a dinner table. The continental breakfast offered pastries and name brand Kcups for their Keurig machine.

• Reviewed: November 27, 2016

Great stay will be back🤗
    • Standard Room

The staff was very pleasant. The location was great felt very safe. I did not have any of the breakfast due to sleeping in late. I would definitely recommend the Viscay Hotel.

• Reviewed: October 18, 2016

Beautiful!
    • Superior Room

WiFi was a bit slow. The complimentary breakfast could have used more variety, it was very basic. No elevator (not a problem for us, just saying). No reserved parking spaces for hotel guests, instead you buy a parking permit at the reception and find a place on your own in a designated ~10x2 blocks area.

Beautiful building with wooden floors and a Art Deco feeling on the outside as well as on the inside. Great location with less than 5 minutes to the ocean by walking. We were upgraded to a suite without extra charge, and the room was great.

• Reviewed: October 12, 2016

Very good hotel but not worth the money

What I dislike was the breakfast I know it was complimentary but they could have given more then just bread bagals and orange juice. Also the hotel looks very low budget inside the room for the price they are charging i was expecting better.

The best part about the hotel is the location it's right on the strip and everything is right there . The rooms where pretty clean.

• Reviewed: September 25, 2016

Horrible breakfast, bad cleaning lady
    • Superior Room

The location was a bit too close, a lot of noise at night, the walls are very thin and you could hear every step someone took inside the hotel. Breakfast was horrible! bread and some pastry that were left out to dry and those same bread and pastry were also served the morning after. Cleaning lady came in and didn't even changed the towels and sheets, just folded them.

The location is good, very close to the south beach scene

• Reviewed: September 9, 2016

Great hotel for the price
    • Studio Suite

The location was excellent, it was clean, and the staff was courtesy. I arrived earlier than check in time and left my luggage and two hours later my room was ready. The beach is one block away. I like that only hotel guest are able to access the hotel after certain hours. The room was much bigger than I thought it would. There was a nice size refrigerator, coffee pot, and glasses. The couch had a pullout bed, which I didn't realize until the last day, but I didnt need it. I will definitely stay there next time Im in South Beach.

• Reviewed: August 12, 2016

A Good South Beach Experience !
    • Standard Room

The parking situation but I did get some good exercise everyday to the parking garage.

The cleanliness and quiet certainly a plus for South Beach. Location a definite thumbs-up to the restaurants and beach.

• Reviewed: May 22, 2018

Great bed, size of the room, location
    • Studio Suite

Need updates- old carpets, old stairs

Great bed, size of the room, location

• Reviewed: May 21, 2018

Easy access and plenty of space
    • Studio Suite

It didn’t have an elevator

Easy access and plenty of space

• Reviewed: May 19, 2018

Perfectly located Art Deco Hotel with good vibes.
    • Studio Suite

Very nice Art Deco Hotel. Comfortable, large rooms kept in original design. Most competent and friendly front staff. Perfect location.

• Reviewed: May 17, 2018

would have liked to stay another day

room was directly on a noisy street

the location

• Reviewed: May 14, 2018

Everything perfefect location

Everything perfefect location

• Reviewed: May 13, 2018

I enjoyed my stay so much! Very safe and clean
    • Superior Room

Close to everything! You are literally on SouthBeach strip.

• Reviewed: May 13, 2018

Restroom was small

• Reviewed: May 12, 2018

close to everywhere :)
    • Studio Suite

breakfast would be nice option :)

close to everywhere :)

• Reviewed: May 7, 2018

• Reviewed: May 1, 2018

Good enough for before or after a cruise

Could not check in until 3pm

• Reviewed: May 1, 2018

nice art deco hotel really close to the beach and to ocean s...

nice art deco hotel really close to the beach and to ocean s drive but not into the noise; Comfortable and wide room;

• Reviewed: April 30, 2018

Location, value, convenience

No breakfast at hotel.

Location, value, convenience

• Reviewed: April 24, 2018

I stay once or twice a year at Viscay Hotel.
    • Studio Suite

I stay once or twice a year at Viscay Hotel. Great location, value and very friendly staff. Many other choices in SOBE, but love this hotel.

• Reviewed: April 22, 2018

A comfy and quiet night made memorable by the location in the heart of the Art Deco district.
    • Studio Suite

Breakfast was taken in a cafe down the road - it was ok, but nothing special.

Location and furnishings

• Reviewed: April 11, 2018

Nice Stay Clean and The Staff was Polite

Nothing went wrong...

I just enjoyed my stay...

• Reviewed: April 6, 2018

Few days in south beach.
    • Superior Room

Car parking nearby was very expensive.

Excellent location and good breakfast in nice local coffee shop.

• Reviewed: April 3, 2018

Convenient spot

• Reviewed: March 13, 2018

It was good they need have desk hours 24/7

Fabuloso, breakfast was like 2 minutes

It was definitely clean overused fabuloso

• Reviewed: March 11, 2018

Manager Daniella super

Manager Daniella super

• Reviewed: March 9, 2018

Plenty of space with kitchen.

Breakfast minimal.

Plenty of space with kitchen. Housekeeper very helpful.

• Reviewed: March 5, 2018

Amazing location.

Amazing location. Great place

• Reviewed: March 2, 2018

Central to amenities

We had a room close to the street which was quite noisy

Central to amenities

• Reviewed: March 2, 2018

Extra amenities like a kitchenette made traveling with a...
    • Studio Suite

Extra amenities like a kitchenette made traveling with a baby much easier than normal

• Reviewed: February 24, 2018

I would not stay again

Front ppl sad

Area

• Reviewed: February 22, 2018

A day in Hell with no one from the hotel present or available by phone

• Reviewed: February 22, 2018

We liked the clean room and great location

Parking

Location to the beach. Helpful staff.

• Reviewed: January 12, 2018

Great value for money
    • Studio Suite

Location and value for money

• Reviewed: December 29, 2017

The staff completely exceeded my expectations!

Was just a little dated, but very well kept for the age of the property.

The staff completely exceeded my expectations!! Very courteous and kind.

• Reviewed: December 6, 2017

Reception closes at 22.

Reception closes at 22.30

• Reviewed: November 23, 2017

location good for catching transport, or walking, staff helpful with advice on getting to places

Furniture needs updating

One block away from Miami South Beach, good value for money

• Reviewed: November 14, 2017

Fair stay
    • Superior Room

The place is fairly clean but the floor of the room was somewhat sticky.

Excellent location in Southbeach

• Reviewed: November 13, 2017

the bed good

the morning was nothing

the bed good

• Reviewed: November 13, 2017

6* location, nice and clean rooms.
    • Studio Suite

6* location, nice and clean rooms. Nice bonus in form of light breakfast.

• Reviewed: November 2, 2017

Vintage South Beach gem.
    • Standard Room

Vintage South Beach gem. Spacious, well equipped room. Clean. Comfortable bed. Just perfect!

• Reviewed: September 9, 2017

Good location but smelly and old-fashioned
    • Standard Room

The room was humid and fusty. The air conditioner was stinking so it had to be switched off. The wall was repaired in several places...

• Reviewed: July 27, 2017

Room very clean and also big good housekeeper.
    • Studio Suite

Better customer service at the hotel.

Room very clean and also big good housekeeper. Horrray

• Reviewed: July 11, 2017

Had great time central location to everything,bus to and from airport just around the corner.

No lift to room

The room was large and had all that you needed.The room was pretty quiet.

Browse Viscay Hotel Traveler Photo Gallery