Reviews of Hotel Vitale, a Joie de Vivre Hotel 5 stars

#65 of 265 hotels in San Francisco

• Reviewed: 18 October 2018

Great place, pretty pricey
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

For the price, no turndown service, modest bathroom.

Location, view from room of Bay Bridge, friendly and helpful valet staff. Good bar downstairs, though temperature was always too cold.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2018

Hotel’s location offset disappointments
    • Deluxe King Room with Water View

The constant presence of people outside our door monitoring people going into a conference room down the hallway throughout our stay. This was VERY annoying to say the least. Front desk people not helpful; wouldn’t explain rationale or purpose. Hotel no longer had a concierge, which was disappointing. Front desk people not that helpful on restaurant recommendations, etc. Small fitness center. Bottled water (11oz) $6/each - rip off.

Location of hotel and room cleanliness; restaurant and housekeeping staff and spa massage was superb.

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

Perfect family getaway

Location, location, location!!! Most walkable part of SF...directly across from The Ferry Building, walk the entire embarcadero. Lots of transportation options right outside the hotel. Great room size! Comfortable beds and pillows. Great mini bar selection! The many rooftop terraces are amazing! Unbelievable views. Staff is very friendly and knowledgeable. Americano Restaurant breakfast is delicious, the entress are large enough to share.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Excellent location, excellent breakfast excellent quiet,...
    • Deluxe King Room with Water View

No coffee machine in the room

Excellent location, excellent breakfast excellent quiet, excellent bed. Overall very very good just small changes like a coffee machine

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

Great location, would stay here again.
    • Deluxe King Room with Water View

The bed wasn't super awesome- felt the springs a bit. Bathtub was very underwhelming- should have much more luxurious tubs for the price paid for a room

The shower was nice, large. The rooms were clean and the mini bar/snacks were awesome (expensive, but awesome). We had a full water view room and the view was perfect.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

Excellent location!
    • Deluxe King Room with Water View

Reception staff were a little snooty and unhelpful, I had to make my own dinner reservation at Ozumo as the hotel indicated that they didn’t take reservations, none the less I was able to make one online.

Excellent location!

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

Overpriced, outdated bathroom, over-touristy area
    • Deluxe King Room with Water View

The room felt a bit outdated, in particular the bathroom. I paid extra to get "water view" but the view I got was far from the beautiful pictures on booking.com! It was kind of partial and I could see more of the street below than the water. Located at the heart of tourists-land, which is not my cup of tea so if I had known the city before going I would have avoided this location: very crowded, very expensive, not particularly interesting. The terrace is supposed to be very nice, it was booked for a private event on the night (a Saturday night) I stayed there though so I could not test it.

Comfortable bed

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Location is excellent.
    • Superior King Room with Partial Water View

Location is excellent. We had a view of the Bay Bridge. In the morning we walked across the street to the ferry building for coffee and breakfast. Room was spacious and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Beautiful hotel in a great location!
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

The only complaint I have is that the sink in our bathroom took FOREVER to drain, which left washed off makeup and toothpaste remnants. Which is kind of gross. We didn’t say anything because we didn’t want to be inconvenienced to have to wait for someone to look at it or even move rooms. Also, the Sunday we left the coffee pots in the lobby were all empty and there were no cups. Someone should have been keeping a little better eye on the coffee station. Minor issues in my mind.

Room was clean and the hotel is always clean and organized. The hotel is located in such a prime location, there’s SO much to do in walking distance.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

OK, not great, will never go back.
    • Deluxe King Room with Water View

No furniture on the upper decks of the roof garden. No in room coffee, and the coffee in the lobby was burned and old, undrinkable. Bed not great. Some of the room furniture was damaged.

Location was great.

Very disappointed. Do not recommend!
    • Superior Interior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We had alarm clocks going off at 5am. We had fleas in our room. The shower didn’t drain. The room was the quality of a motel 6 or less. I would never again pay the amount we paid for that hotel.

Location was amazing! Valet team were really helpful.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Room with a view.
    • Superior King Room with Partial Water View

They put a 200 dollar incidentals hold on my credit card without telling they were doing it. Unpleasant surprise because I thought they had overcharged for the room. I don't mind the hold, would just like to have known in advance.

The staff was excellent. They upgraded my room at no charge because it was my birthday.

Staff were pleasant and helpful and we were able to get an...
    • Deluxe King Room with Water View

We paid a fortune for a bay view room NOT partial water view room but our room looked straight onto a wall with billboards on it. You had to stand up to the window and look sharp left to see the view. See my photo. It’s marketed as a luxury hotel but definitely 4 star not 5 star with 5 star prices for a view we didn’t get. We only booked the room because of the “water view” but would have definitely booked somewhere else if we had have known. Very disappointed and feel ripped off.

Staff were pleasant and helpful and we were able to get an early check in

Lovely and peaceful
    • Superior Interior King Room

Like staying in a spa! The staff were very friendly and helpful and the room was lovely. It was a perfect place to come back to after days of meetings, and the wifi was fast enough for my conference calls to run smoothly.

Great service
    • Superior Interior King Room

Lovely to sit outside in the Americano bar - strange doing that with the kids after heading there after work 12 years ago when I worked in SF! Everyone very friendly, breakfast great and blueberry pancakes a hit with the young uns...

Nice location but not worth the money
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

The decor is a bit tired. Very expensive. A $35 resort fee? What resort?

Location is amazing. The terraces were very nice for enjoying the view with a drink.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Why this Hotel Is Not Impressive in Any Way Shape or Form
    • Superior Interior King Room

Nothing. This was an over-hyped hotel that may have been a hot property at one point, but other than location, I thought it was a terrible experience.

Nice stay for one night.

Not value for money.

Great position if you have a view of the bridge.Restaurant was poor would not eat there again.Staff were lovely at the front desk and parking.

The restaurant manager sent us fruit as restaurant closed...
    • Superior Interior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

It was not luxurious at all for $500 a night we were right above bus stop. Ac didn’t work had to ask for coffee maker then ask again for coffee I flew for an airline internationally and this was a very run down hotel

The restaurant manager sent us fruit as restaurant closed for lunch and dinner sunday

Such a beautiful experience, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here.
    • Superior Interior King Room

Such a beautiful experience, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here. Excellent all round including location, staff and of course the roof terrace too! I would certainly stay here again.

Beautiful hotel with some wonderful views.
    • Superior King Room with Partial Water View

Beautiful hotel, our circle suite room was fabulous. The location is wonderful, the staff were lovely and the restaurant was top notch. Can’t recommend it enough.

Lovely location and room although service not the best for a 5 star hotel
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

The parking was very disorganised. Staff were confused & did not make it clear what was happening or what we should do. I had to approach someone to find out.

The roof top seating areas were lovely

Great urban vacation
    • Superior King Room with Partial Water View

If you need parking in the area it's tough. Most parking lots are private and they are closed at night. Valet parking at the hotel is expensive.

The location next to the ferry building is great. It is close to good restaurants, to Union SQ and China Town. Caltrain station isn't very far as well. When the weather permits you can enjoy the terrace on the fifth floor.

Good location. Below expectations though. Expected much better than this.
    • Superior King Room with Partial Water View

I called prior to even booking and asked about the advertised (on the website) free towncar that takes you within a mile radius in the city. I was told all I had to do was to notify valet upon check in and they could assist me. This was important to me because we were traveling for our 9 year wedding anniversary (17 years together). It was one of the major reasons I chose this hotel. Upon check in I found out they do not offer this anymore and that you could choose to pay for it. I was advised by the front desk not to do it because it was very expensive and that Uber would be better. I also asked to see if I could schedule a massage with the hotel spa. They were having trouble contacting their own spa so they said they’d call me. After 3 hours had passed, I called myself and booked my own appointment. By then there were no couples massages available so my husband and I had ours at different times. Upon entering the main lobby each time, I also was not greeted by the front desk. Only time I got a greeting was for check in and check out. I expected better from an expensive hotel such as this.

Location was nice. Right across ferry building. Room was nice and clean. Good options for snacks in room. Spa massage was ok.

Wonderful weekend at the hotel vitale.
    • Superior King Room with Partial Water View

The spa fee. We didn’t use the spa and it’s a cheesy markup

The staff was lovely and breakfast really delicious. The rooms with a partial view were great. Great location.

A huge disappointment!
    • Superior Interior King Room

A huge disappointment! Valet service was $60 per night so make sure you check before you valet! The hotel staff looked acted like they were hugely inconvenienced by us. Rooms were very basic and the view was of generators and a concrete wall! The price tag and photos suggested a high scale hotel, however a low budget chain would have been a far better experience!

Fabulous location.
    • Superior Interior King Room

The desk staff were unhelpful. We were there during Bay to Breakers and were not told we would be captive at the hotel until the streets were reopened three hours after the race began.

Housekeeping and doormen were amazingly friendly and helpful. Loved coffee in the bar in the morning, watching the world go by on the Embarcadero.

Americano restaurant is nice and offers a lot to hotel for...

Bathroom

Americano restaurant is nice and offers a lot to hotel for dining and drink experiences. For being a newer hotel, the bathrooms were a little dated or maybe cheaper looking but all in all a good place to stay in a good location.

I was very dissapointed as on the pictures there was a nice...
    • Deluxe King Room with Water View

I was very dissapointed as on the pictures there was a nice rooftop terrace - one of the key reasons I've chosen the hotel. Upon arrival I went to check it out - there was no bar, nothing. Just a seating area which was beyond trashy - garbage all around, it felt very nasty. Also , I'm sorry but paying 60 bucks for pancakes and coffee in the morning is maybe a bit way too much for such hotel.. honestly?

Great hotel! Will come back
    • Superior Interior King Room

No self parking, but has Valet

Friendly staff, greeted us when we walked in. room clean and beautiful, great hospitality. Celebrated our 2 years anniversary and they surprised us with champagne and chocolate. Will definitely come back. Mahalo Hotel Vitale

a most comfortable sleep in a quiet room in a nice location.
    • Superior Interior King Room

could have used a pool. had to call room service for ice.. seemed to be tipping someone for something frequently.. whine, whine, whine... lol

bed great, liked the local - complete with tame homeless folks and trinket salespersons... noisy bar - young folk - gave the place a joyous atmosphere. nice - but windy - 7th floor outdoor spaces..easy to find uber about...lots of places for nice food, not just fast food. gonna try one for breakfast!

We booked a bridge/water view room, confirmed in writing...
    • Superior King Room with Partial Water View

We booked a bridge/water view room, confirmed in writing, but they ran out of rooms and put us in a room with no view and no tub. We asked what happened and they said "it's just like the airlines."

Very disappointed- not worth what we paid
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds City View

Pictures on line very different from the room we got Ads stated roof top soaking tubs Size of room - very small Bathroom not as pictured- not updated

Restaurant was nice Cd and music in room

Very nice, would stay again
    • Superior King Room with Partial Water View

Business centre was a bit disappointing only one computer and printer was not working

Room was very comfortable and had the view as advertised. Breakfast was good every day

Front Desk looked very busy at night time when I checked-in...
    • Superior Interior King Room

Front Desk looked very busy at night time when I checked-in and they were not friendly at all. They allocated a wrong room to us and I needed to come back to the front desk again to move rooms. Bell staffs didn't offer to help us when we brought down our luggage from a car. They were chatting and it took time when we asked to pick up our luggage.

25th wedding anniversary celebration. The staff did everything to surprise and delight us daily!
    • Superior King Room with Partial Water View

Pillows are to soft - just a personal preference

Service was beyond compare. Every one from check in to room service to restaurant/lounge to cleaning staff all made special efforts to insure our stay was perfect.

Rooms with bay view like ours have a great overlook of the...
    • Deluxe King Room with Water View

would like a boiler in the room for coffee or tea

Rooms with bay view like ours have a great overlook of the Bay Bridge, and the Americano bar is the ideal place for a (or many) cocktail, wine selection is extensive and correctly priced, bartenders are professional and friendly.

We will continue to stay at Hotel Vitale. It's a family favorite for us!
    • Deluxe King Room with Water View

bed is a little bouncy. :)

everything was fantastic! But our room was amazing - the views even during the pouring rain were so nice. I felt like I was in my house. :)

Location is good for visitors.
    • Superior King Room with Partial Water View

The bathroom wasw not as good as expected and first thing onw saw upon entereing the room was toilet. We had to change rooms as the first one was just over the terrace of the bar and never noisy. Hotel restaurant/bar is overpriced. Gym is absolutly tiny and without any windows. Bed was not super comfortable.

Location is good for visitors. Views of the bridge and sea from the room was just fantastic.

Good position but unfortunately that’s it...
    • Superior King Room with Partial Water View

The Hotel is dirty. The lobby is also smelling of cars: sometimes you cannot even enter sienna to the number of cars parked in front of the door. The value for money is very low....

The position of the property is amazing. The rooms are big enough.

Great hotel facilities and location.
    • Superior King Room with Partial Water View

There was nothing about this hotel that I did not like.

The room was modern and the location was excellent. The staff was friendly and went above and beyond our expectations by surprising us with champagne for our anniversary.

Great hotel, seemed a bit understaffed this weekend compared to usual.
    • Superior King Room with Partial Water View

Our room (820) was over an area where they emptied the bottles every night at 11:30, for 30 minutes. It seems like the restaurant/bar staff could find a time in the morning or daytime to make that much noise. Normally I am a night owl, but I had a hard week and we treated ourselves to a weekend at the Vitale, and it was very noisy and disturbing.

Our room had a great view of Leo Villareal’s Bay Lights bridge digital art. Amazing!

It was a great stay at your hotel and it exceeded my expectations.
    • Superior Interior King Room

Great bed & room. We had a great view of the bridge and it just made the experience that much better! The bathroom & the toiletries were really nice too.

We will be back to Hotel Vitale!
    • Superior Interior King Room

Room lighting could have been brighter.

Spacious room, comfortable bed, large bathroom and great shower. Accommodating staff; welcomed my sister and I (twins!) with a bottle of champagne and box of chocolates for our 70th birthday celebration! Staff assisted us with transportation several times. Breakfast vouchers each morning with great menu choices. Great location; walking distance to Fisherman’s Wharf, Chinatown, shopping, etc.

Wouldn't recommend compared with other hotels in the area.
    • Superior Interior King Room

Staff unhelpful, rooms mediocre, smoke in halls, dated bathrooms, no water glasses in gym, paper thin walls (could hear other guests snoring)

Location near embaradero was great

Breakfast was outstanding.
    • Superior King Room with Partial Water View

Parking price high, reasonable for the area though. Lobby is very simple no frills.

Breakfast was outstanding. Staff was very kind it was our 47th Wedding anniversary so they kindly upgraded our room. Location across from the Ferry building was great. Ferry building has excellent resturants, shopping, grocery store and on Sunday's outstanding Farmer's market.

Awesome location, great amenities and friendly staff.
    • Superior Interior King Room

Didn't love the handicapped room, but LOVED the view from the room.

The hotel overall was EXCELLENT. In fact the only flaw that I can think of was that there was something resembling mold on the grouting in the tub in the bathroom. Also, we were put in a handicapped room, so the mirror was not ideal for me to put on makeup.

I had stayed at this hotel a couple times a few years back. It is starting to feel a little tired an
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds City View

I checked in on a Sunday night in the hotel was far from Full. I asked for a room that was closer to the elevator and with a Bayview and they acted as if it was an impossible thing to accomplish and they were doing me a favor by even addressing it. Ultimately they moved me to a better room but they said that it was a one-time thing and wouldn't happen again. That was just silly based on how much I travel and how much it's better to accommodate I guessed particularly on a slow night

Nice , quiet hotel
    • Superior Interior King Room

The expensive breakfast, though high quality.

The fast that Hotel was very close to down town . Also there was no noises (for the sensitive people). Nicely located with Bay Bridge view..

A boutique like hotel, with boutique prices. Not sure the
    • Superior Interior King Room

Rooms small/tight. $66 for valet parking?!?! Come on!

The views for sure being so close to the water and the Ferry building. The breakfast was amazing! Staff friendly. Over all it was a good experience but not sure if I would stay there again. I didn't feel I got the 'bank for my dollar' - value. But then again, I am somewhat picky! ;-)

staff super nice
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

nothing to complain about except room price quite high for the standard especially considering the added taxes

staff super nice room quite big and very clean

Rooms are super clean and comfortable!
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

Valet parking was really expensive

Rooms are super clean and comfortable! Great view and great location. So fun to be across from the Ferry Building for Saturday's Farmers Market!

Loved it!
    • Superior Interior King Room

I love this hotel, I have stayed in San Francisco many times and this by far was my favorite visit. I will definitely make this my go to every time I am in the area.

A luxury boutique hotel with an emphasis on wellness and an amazing waterfront location!
    • Superior Interior King Room

The nightly “urban oasis fee” of $25 USD didn’t seem fair for the value of wifi and access to the YMCA Embarcardero. Most hotels offer free wifi for guests and the YMCA offers a free 3-day pass for guests and visitors, which is on average the length of a stay for an event or conference. The fitness room was decent but tiny, and if anyone else were in there besides myself, I would feel uncomfortable moving around and getting a full workout in. There is no pool, hot tub or sauna. Again, not something that is worth $75 USD for a three-night stay. Appreciated the complimentary coffee and tea service starting at 4am. The one time I was up that early for a workout, it was available. The other time, when I left the hotel at 9am, the coffee and tea setup was gone. Perhaps it was moved to the Americano next door, but I’m not going to walk into a chic Italian restaurant in my workout gear just to get a complimentary coffee. Off to Starbucks I go!

Amazing waterfront location with close proximity to the downtown core, BART, MUNI. Get up early and catch the sun rising over the Bay Bridge - it will be worth your entire trip. On Saturdays from 8-2, check out the farmers market at the Ferry Building - get there early and try to beat the lunchtime crowd. Love the lavender-theme which continues from the hallway to the room to the spa - sprig of lavender on each guest door, lavender-scented hallways, lavender decor in the bathroom. However, there was no lavender-scented hand towel upon check-in as stated on the hotel’s website. Nor were there rooftop yoga classes - they used this as selling points to play into the wellness experience, but unfortunately, neither were available. Bed was extremely plush, comfy and luxurious - so were the bath robes and towels - I don’t think I’ve had such a good night’s sleep in a long time. Lovely Johnathan Adler toiletries. Rooms were spacious, quiet and tastefully appointed, again, continuing on the theme of inducing a state of calm, relaxation and zen for guests. Natural materials used as decor, Sound Soother 2.0 (white noise machine), and a BOSE Bluetooth CD player with two CDs. I typically use Spotify to provide all of my music but this time, I popped in the disc and was brought back to the yoga studio. Elevators are dim with a screen displaying floating jellyfish - nice ambiance. Makes it more comfortable to be in an elevator with people after a long day of travel - even if it’s just to go up a few floors. The hotel really did think of all the little details to provide a truly sensorial wellness experience during my stay.

Bellboy was phenomenal!
    • Superior Interior King Room

The bed was not as expected. Very lumpy and soft; not hotel quality.

Bellboy was phenomenal!! He went out of his way for the 20 hours that we were there to make sure we had everything we needed. (So sorry I don't recall his name)

Relaxing and fun
    • Superior Interior King Room

Rooms are large they gave us a room with a view - location is perfect - Saturday farmer’s market at the Ferry building is wonderful. Lots of dining options- really perfect sexy hotel with delicious free coffee in the morning

A nice, but overpriced boutique hotel in San Francisco

The price for the rooms provided: city and water views should really be called street views when they are on the second floor and the water can only be seen in the distance. We also expected the attention to detail in the rooms to be better.

The hotel is very conveniently located by the Ferry Building and Embarcadero. Service was excellent and access to the 5th and 7th floor terraces provided great views of the Bay Bridge and Embarcadero. Room service food was good.

Great location, high quality hotel.
    • Superior King Room with Partial Water View

Spa treatments quite expensive compared to similar hotels in Europe (so we didn't book massages in the end).

Great view, perfect location, friendly staff, excellent breakfast. When another guest played loud music at 2.30am they immediately got them to stop! Thank you!

Very nice. Expensive resort fees and lots of taxes
    • Deluxe King Room with Water View

Lots of extra resort fees and taxes. For a 3 night break we had almost $300 added when we departed. Check first.

Amazing view. Breakfast was good and filling.

Great place to bring in the New Year or for any visit to the city!
    • Superior King Room with Partial Water View

For some reason the toiletries, i.e. shampoo, conditioner, shower gel were not replenished even though our room was serviced. I noticed this after the first night, so I threw the empties in the trash, but even on the second day, the toiletries were not replenished. I'm sure housekeeping would have provided them if I had called, but I had my own back-up, so no big deal! Staff was more than accommodating and very friendly.

Location was perfect for New Year's Eve. They even left hats and horn blowers in the room for us to wear! Great view of the fireworks from the rooftop terrance and perfect view of the Bay Bridge from our room. Hotel was conveniently located across the street from the Ferry Building and just a short walk to Union Square shopping. "Order off the menu" breakfast was included in our rate, which was a big plus!

I won't make this mistake twice.
    • Superior King Room with Partial Water View

The price-value was not there. Parking incl tax was $66.12 and there was an Urban Fee of $30.06. An Urban Fee? What's that? And an internet fee of $12.95 which I was told would be comped at checkout. It wasn't! How do you spell GOUGE? I'll shop more carefully the next time I'm in the market for a room in SF.

Convenient to Ferry Building.

Great location, loved the partial sea view rooms
    • Superior King Room with Partial Water View

The staff needs to reach the service levels of a boutique hotel. The americano service was rather unpolite with the great exception of ELLI. The front desk staff were rather indifferent with the exception of the great guy at the concierge Keith.

Location, partial sea view rooms, boutique character

The view was amazing.
    • Deluxe King Room with Water View

Water, needed bottle water. They offered drinks in the refrigerator to purchase,a few bottles of water should have been given. Also, the parking was a bit high $58.00 per night plus tax. Next time I would keep the car home take train in and then use uber to get around.

The view was amazing. As you lounge in the seating area you can see the sun in the morning or the lights on the bridge in the evening. Loved how the lights reflected off of the water. Really enjoyed the rain shower.

good , but i need my money back for my cancelation
    • Superior King Room with Partial Water View

i have booked for three night , and during the check in i asked if i can cancel one night without any extra charges , they confirmed the same to me and they will return back the money as they did the withdraw before even me reaching the hotel two nights. when i booked on booking .com it was clearly mentioned that i will be only charged in the hotel . till date my one night cancelation fees is not back to my account even they didn't share with me the invoice by email .

clean

Excellent proximity to the Embarcadero.
    • Deluxe King Room with Water View

The hotel is extremely overpriced for what you get. I strongly do not recommend this hotel for anybody looking for a 5 star hotel. This is a 3 star hotel The concierge service is non existent, the noice of the street and extremely loud parties in the restaurant makes it very difficult to rest breakfast choices very poor. The promised and payed water view is in fact a view of the building in front and traffic in the street.. Try real 5 stars hotels: Regency,Palace Hotel, Fairmont Hotel

The breakfast menu is a la cart.

Was a good stay.
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

- Valet parking was very expensive comparing to the other hotels and the nearest parking. - You havr to wait at least 20 mins to get your car. - They usualy don’t change the bed sheet, unless you request.

- The location of the hotel was fantastic - Most of the point of intersetes are close to the hotel.

Beautiful location for viewing the Bay Lights, and walking...
    • Deluxe King Room with Water View

Only complaint is their lack of art work - very bland interiors.

Beautiful location for viewing the Bay Lights, and walking the Embarcadero. Close to many things, lovely hotel.

ok. not value for money.

in the room there are many small snacks and beverages, but none are free. all are very costy. not even free bottle waters/tea bag/coffee.....

breakfast is very good. and the bed is comfortable. location is great. near the pier.

Decent but won't go back.
    • Superior Interior King Room

Parking is expensive. Everything was expensive right down to the water in the room. The rooms are small. In my opinion the rates are overly priced in comparison to what the hotel offers. I felt like I should have done a little more research and booked somewhere else.

The hotel is nice. It's in a decent spot.

It was ok and wish it was better for the cost.
    • Superior King Room with Partial Water View

We paid extra for a 'partial' bridge / bay view, and indeed it was partial. Looked immediately over the next building and had 10 degree angle. Bathroom was slightly dated. Beverages and breakfast were overpriced compared to immediate options in the block. Overall it was ok but felt rooms were over priced for the what they provided us. Would go els

Comfy bed; warm staff esp at front desk and valet parked. Hotel is easy to access and convenient to Mission and Embarcadero area.

Horrible, Will never stay again and I would not recommend this hotel to anyone !
    • Deluxe King Room with City View - Disability Access

My last staythere was five years ago and the accommodations were excellent. I feel the rooms need to be updated. Valet parking is a joke. I paid booking.com the amount for the hotel . And since there were two credit cards on file they also charged my friend an additional thousand dollars as if they had stayed in another room this problem has yet to be resolved !!

The only thing We liked was the Americano bar and restaurant.

Perfect position and great views from our bay facing room.
    • Deluxe King Room with Water View

Atmosphere and busyness of bar. Wine list average and expensive. Add on taxes in California make this an expensive stay.

Perfect position and great views from our bay facing room. Early check in, rooms serviced before lunchtime, concierge informative and accommodating. The Tues, Thurs, Saturday farmers market is over the road in the Ferry Building. Easy access to cable cars, trams and many attractions are within walking distance.

I liked the decor of the hotel.
    • Deluxe King Room with Water View

The rooms facing the water on the lower floors were noisy because of the bar below and the traffic. I have to travel with items (medication, etc) that need to be refrigerated and there was no refrigerator in the room. The mini bar was small and had no extra room.

I liked the decor of the hotel.

It was a pleasure to stay at the Hotel Vitale and I'll definitely do it again.
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

The staff was exceptionally friendly and very efficient. They seemed happy to give us an early check-in and a later check-out to accommodate our travel schedule. And the food at the Americano restaurant was excellent.

Beautiful location and staff was great.
    • Deluxe King Room with Water View

On three different occasions, we tried to use the balcony outside. There are a few of them. Each time, they were rented for private use. This is a pricey hotel and I was looking forward to sitting outside and enjoying this ..but it never happened. I thought that was unfair.

Beautiful location and staff was great. Breakfast was delicious but beware that they encourage you to add $8.00 order of berries to anything that you order. Get a bay fron view- it's crazy looking at the Bay Bridge at night.