Reviews of W Dallas - Victory 4 stars

2440 Victory Park Lane, Uptown Dallas, Dallas, TX 75219, USA

#52 of 151 hotels in Dallas

Great location. Overpriced
    • Spectacular Room with King Bed

Paid wifi. Had to park across street to save 30 a day on valet. Even though it is the same place they valet park your car.

The location was great and room was modern.

Best way to discover Dallas
    • Wonderful Room with Two Queen Beds

The king size beds are amazing as well as the pool on the 16th floor. The staff was really amazing with us (let us keep a card to enjoy the pool while we were waiting our cab to the airport - even if we were check out) ! Highly recommended

Director of Ops and his team did a remarkable job of making it right! We WILL be back bc of them!
    • Spectacular Room with Two Queen Beds

The ac in our room broke, they had to change out the compressor- while we were trying to get ready for the concert. They had to bring a box fan in to cool the room!!! Can lights were out, phone by the bed did not work, not enough towels for 4 people. No mini fridge in the room. The restaurant food was bland, and poor menu. Also, valet never told us there was a $35 fee

Location- right across the street from American Airlines coliseum

We will most likely book somewhere else on our next trip to Dallas.
    • Spectacular Room with King Bed

We only stayed at the W for the pool. It was closed due to wind, which was extremely frustrating. The staff at the spa wasn't the nicest.

I have always liked the W. The bartender was great and the front desk staff were friendly.

The staff was friendly. Would
    • Fabulous Room with King Bed

That we were put in a ADA accessible room and we didn’t request that. There wasn’t another option when we arrived so we had to take it.

The staff was friendly.

Our stay was very enjoyable and it was convienent for our...
    • Wonderful Room with Two Queen Beds

We could NOT find a plug in anywhere in the bathroom to get dressed and we also could only find one that was not near a mirror in the room to get dressed in front of. This was not a pleasure! It made it very difficult on 3 girls getting ready for a cheer competition.

Our stay was very enjoyable and it was convienent for our obligation while there.

We had noisy neighbors and they moved us without question.
    • Fabulous Room with Two Queen Beds

We had noisy neighbors and they moved us without question. Our new room was quiet and my family and I slept great and were well rested for our flight!

Very enjoyable but i would have to come back during the summer to get the full experience. Ot
    • Spectacular Room with King Bed

The room was small compared to others in the area that go for the same rate and this place does not accept any cash at all.

Very soft beds and the room was spic and span

Beautiful and modern accommodations. We will definitely stay again
    • Wonderful Room with Two Queen Beds

There was only a few things we didn't like. We wanted to enjoy drinks at the bar. The server was unattentive and seemed very unhappy with her job. The DJ and music played was too loud for conversation. Our room was also located next to the elevators and unfortunately there were lots of guests coming and going late into the night until 2 a.m. they were incredibly loud and shouting through the hallway which I would not have expected in a high end hotel.

W Dallas was as beautiful and summarized accurately per booking.com details. The bed was very comfortable and room was clean and modern. The front desk and employees were incredibly nice and helpful. We did have an unfortunate experience but the front desk took care of us and we were overall pleased with our stay.

Great location for the hotel, but for the price wasn’t worth it.
    • Wonderful Room with Two Queen Beds

Shower didn’t drain well, there were stains on the shower curtain, stains on the mirror and the only thing separating the shower from the rest of the room was a curtain. If you’re traveling with friends get separate rooms. For $400 a night I’d expect so much more.

Loved the location of the hotel

Bed was amazingly comfortable, the bar and restaurant in the...
    • Spectacular Room with King Bed

Not much that I didn't like.

Bed was amazingly comfortable, the bar and restaurant in the lobby were great and the staff were so friendly and charismatic.

Not How I expected
    • Fabulous Room with King Bed

Not how I expected, the moment I step in I didn't feel welcomed no one from the staff even bother to ask me about my SPG member and no one even care to help me with my luggage I have to drag my luggage which was hard with the thick carpet, my biggest mistake that I choose them over fourseasons.

This type of room that I usually booked in w hotel branches is bigger and more luxury this one below my expectations, the view from the balcony was fine, they have sushi in the menu but when I order they say it's not in the menu anymore however the lady who respond she was a bit agrassive.

Comfortable hotel for business with nice staff
    • Spectacular Room with Two Queen Beds

The wash basin couldn’t be opened wider to allow quick drain even after called maintenance. There is no on screen check out. Invoice was sent to me but WiFi cost wasn’t credited so I called for adjustments and was expecting a resend- didn’t get it so I had to call back. Finally it arrived.

I like the restaurant cook hall, it’s good for a quick meal although the menu was small but food was tasty and service was good. The wireless was complimentary with SPG membership.

I want the Director of operations to contact me.
    • Spectacular Room with King Bed

Staff and security, due to the security staff allowing a non registered intoxicated guest to gain access to the room floors lead into altercation and assault to my daughter which excalated in to an emergency room visit and her 7 stiches in her face. The manager on staff has no business to be in her job role. Once we returned back to the hotel from the ER I asked her if she had any idea of what occurred and and I wanted the names of the employees that were involved. At that point she acted if she wasn’t sure who it was and then printed my bill out so I could finalize my charges. Need to say at that point I realized she was not the person I needed to be talking with.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

Overall .. good one night stay in excellent location.
    • Wonderful Room with Two Queen Beds

I hated the bathroom with the curtains. I really hated it. And the toilet closet was tiny and not real clean. No air vent. And the towels were old and raggedy.

Location was awesome. Staff was super nice.

Enjoyable!

Noisy bar, would like another that is a bit quieter Would like a coffee machine in my room so I can have an early morning coffee

Location Staff Facilities Dog friendly

It was nice good vibes everywhere
    • Fabulous Room with Two Queen Beds

Want i dislike was the balconey. Everytime i would go outside on my balconey water would fall from yhe gutters/drains. It got my clothes wet.

It was nice good vibes everywhere

Overrated but Enjoyable!
    • Spectacular Room with King Bed

While the shower has a clean and sleek design, it is not a user-friendly design. Since there is no shower door or curtain, water splashes all outside of the shower, soaking the floor & floor mat. In addition, there is no hook to hang your wash cloth, shower sponge or towel. Also, the wait times for the elevators are extremely slow. Lastly, WiFi at $9.95/24 hours is a bit excessive. For the price of the rooms, WiFi should be free at the very least.

The upgraded & modern design. The room and hotel is neat and clean. Parking (across the street) is convenient and very affordable. The infinity pool on the 16th floor is beautiful. The Bliss Spa is affordable and very easy to schedule appointments.

Hotel was right next to the venue where I attended a concert...
    • Wonderful Room with Two Queen Beds

Hotel was right next to the venue where I attended a concert - literally only a few steps away! Staff was well-informed, lively, and very accommodating. Breakfast at the hotel restaurant was a 10/10! And the pool - what better way to spend an afternoon, after a long flight - legs dangling in the cool water while enjoying a fresh salad and a beautiful view.

Not worth the money
    • Spectacular Room with Two Queen Beds

Staff didn't explain nothing to you. There were 5 people on the elevator not one knew how to operate it. You were not aware of the fact that you had no microwave, no refrigerator, the electrical socket in the bathroom area is right by the shower(water)

It had a lot of space

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

Love the later check out times, love the well equipped...
    • Spectacular Room with Two Queen Beds

Wish their was a coffee maker in the room, wish there was a locker room in the fitness center, more after hours room service options

Love the later check out times, love the well equipped fitness center, love the pillows and the beds-so comfy

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

The room was overall very modern however contain distasteful Decour
    • Wonderful Room with Two Queen Beds

There was not enough privacy between the room area in the bathroom and the curtain closed the bathroom off from the room had rope that look like a noose to close it

The bed was comfortable

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

Excellant location for downtown fun, House of Blues and Historical attractions!! Great city views!!

Nothing!!

The bed was like a cloud, close to House of Blues for the concert we were attending and enjoyed drinks and dinner at Dicks down the street. Parked in the garage across the street for 10.00 which was a great deal! Thanks so much for the hospitality and we will be back for more music and fun!!

Nice Friendly but not what you expect for the cost!
    • Spectacular Room with Two Queen Beds

Rooms have strange setup! For the price I expected more attention to detail. Housekeeper literally only somewhat made the bed. Did nothing else in the room. NO COFFEE maker in the room??? Wow was that a shocker!!! That's is a pretty basic amenitiy anywhere.

Close to my event!! Wonderful Amazing staff!!

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

Loved the decor of the room, what we most liked is the The...
    • Spectacular Room with Two Queen Beds

Loved the decor of the room, what we most liked is the The living room bar, it turned into a whole club! Met up with some friends and met some cool people... Had a good ole time...

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

The only choice if your in downtown Dallas
    • Fantastic King Suite

Everything at W was fantastic. Me and my wife love the stay so much we booked or next stay before we left. This is where we will be staying anytime we are in the area.

Nothing like any other W I've stayed at
    • Wonderful Room with King Bed

Evening staff didn't seem to bothered about helping out, beds were uncomfortable and sheets were scratchy, 5$ for a bottle of water and 10$ for wifi at a 350+ a night room. Insane.

Shower

Ladies Final 4 trip
    • Wonderful Room with King Bed

Dimly lit elevator area - Coming in from the bright Texas sun this area is extremely hard to adjust your vision to.

Location- not only across the street from American Airlines Center but could easily walk to other tourist spots, such as Dealy Square and the Westend.

• Reviewed: 3 April 2017

Great location for Mavs fan traveling from out of town.
    • Spectacular Room with Two Queen Beds

Windows were kind of dirty on outside, ruined the view a bit. Pool hours sucked, should stay open later and open earlier. No free Wifi in rooms? Even Motel6 for $49.99 a night offers free wifi.

Great walking distance to Arena to watch Mavs. Clean and beds were comfortable. Staff was very friendly. Valet service and guys were awesome!

DON'T BOOK HERE....
    • Wonderful Room with Two Queen Beds

Was double charged for a double room then even though we requested upper lever had to pay extra $30. Not even the water in the room is free. Beds were horrible. My ears hurt from laying on flat pillows. $18 for a burger at their restaurant. Not even a coffee maker in room. Pool was not heated. Ask manager to check temp he did and said yes it needs to be turned up then disappeared never turning it up. Locked doors to pool at 940 in a Saturday night. $537 for all that? NEVER AGAIN

Location that's it

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

It was a fun experience. But I'd go somewhere else for a luxury stay
    • Fabulous Room with King Bed

You have to pay for any sort of amenity that they offer that would make this hotel stand out. Half of the outlets didn't work and power to lights would go in and out

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

The Fantastic W Hotel
    • Fantastic King Suite

The price of the accessories in the room was too much, but still loved everything.

The staff was great, valet parking staff was so nice. Our room was excellent.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Hot and piss off
    • Spectacular Room with King Bed

I did not like the fact I paid for a king spantacular room and was given a double Queen ..Not happy...Then when I did get the up graded room which was #1117 the ace was barely working..It was extremely hot allllllllll nite...Ummm I will pass...

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

This hotel is a great location.
    • Spectacular Room with Two Queen Beds

Being a florist, I noticed that the majority of the flowers and the hotel we're dead. There also seemed to be a disconnect between between the hotel staff. No one really seemed to know exactly what they were doing.

I love that the hotel itself is very stylish. It's always been one of my favorite in Dallas.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

Treat yourself with a room at the W!
    • Wonderful Room with Two Queen Beds

Price was a little over the top particularly because breakfast was not included.

The decor and fittings. Staff courtesy and willingness to help. Honest iinformation when asked and not being harassed by housekeeping in the morning.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

Staff went above to make our visit positive.
    • Wonderful Room with Two Queen Beds

The room was small and very masculine. Overall the stay was very convenient to our needs, parking was easy.

Staff went above to make our visit positive.

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

W?
    • Wonderful Room with King Bed

Hopeless concierge knowledge. No buzz in hotel. Impractical room design. I live at the W in Qatar which is incredible and hard to believe Dallas W is viewed as being in the same hotel grouo

Not much

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

Good, but not great.
    • Wonderful Room with King Bed

Staff was very disorganized with their communication between each other. I asked for a few more pillows and someone walked in without knocking. The person picking up plates came the next morning asking for them and we set them out the night before. No idea where they went. We were told someone could walk the dog because I was recovering from a minor back injury and the manager showed up as if he was confused as to why we needed him to do that.

Most of the staff was extra friendly. Food ordered into the room was genuinely good and quick. It was great to be able to bring my dog, Mandy.

• Reviewed: 18 November 2016

Who was in 1015
    • Wonderful Room with King Bed

everything was nice. no bathroom door. I loved the bed my wife not so much we have a tempurpedic at home it is softer. The linens were great though.

nice place, décor was modern who was in 1015, the concierge (or management) came over to the elevator to greet me and my wife and was like so damn friendly and then when he found out we weren't the people in 1015 it was like oops, still friendly and he went away abruptly.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Huge disappointment from a New Yorkers W past wonderful experiences...the
    • Wonderful Room with King Bed

Wasn't told they required a $100 deposit when I called the hotel for the complete total. I did no have this on my card, only cash! They do not accept cash & even though the room was paid for, they made us leave. We did NOT get to stay! Was also told before I booked the hotel that tickets to the Halloween party would be included! When checking in, I was told I would jibe do buy them separately! Which is another reason I could not afford the completely unexpected $100 deposit. Went to their Halloween party & the music was terrible!!

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

Water temp in shower was inconsistent.
    • Spectacular Room with King Bed

Water temp in shower was inconsistent....regardless of where I set temp, the water would go up to scalding from warm down to cold etc....very unpleasant

Amazing date night!
    • Spectacular Room with King Bed

The eggs benedict wasn't to my liking, but if that's the only thing I could find to complain about, I think they are doing fantastic.

Everyone was exceptionally friendly

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

Perfect location, great view, awsome pool.

Everything was great!

Staff was over the top nice. Other guests were friendly and a joy to ride with in the elevators. We were all there to see the Keith Urban concert. Its right across the street from the American Airlines Center. Perfect walking distance!!!!

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Comfy beds, fun décor, great view and location.
    • Spectacular Room with Two Queen Beds

More help at front desk. There was always a line. Parking was not easy to find, but I called and the staff were helpful in directing me to options.

Comfy beds, fun décor, great view and location.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

This hotel does not live up to expectations. Crowd was transient, elevators slow and was too hot
    • Wonderful Room with King Bed

Elevators were super slow Saturday night when people have time commitments and the hotel was hot. Our room's AC rattled in sound most of the time. Hotel did not feel plush

Location was great

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

Quite disappointed!!
    • Wonderful Room with King Bed

There was a "pay party" at the pool from 2-7 so we couldn't go due to too many people. which is the only reason we checked in at 3. Very disappointed! You'd think paying guests would have some priority!

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

Fun in Dallas!
    • Spectacular Room with King Bed

WiFi was not free and when I needed to print out some tickets that I purchased, it cost me like $12 in the business center on their 2nd floor.

Awesome view and very nice layout of the room. Huge shower was nice.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

The view was as noted exceptional.
    • Spectacular Room with King Bed

The bed was not like a cloud. The single A/C vent blew directly on the bed and could not cool the room well enough to cycle off for more than 5 minute intervals the entire weekend. Checkin and Check out times were too long upwards of 15 minutes or more - while some guests were just handed a quickly printed portfolio. Valet service during high volume times should be staffed better - two guys running the hearts out only to fail because of being under staffed - not their fault but a problem.

The view was as noted exceptional. The staff was attentive to details in a number of areas - welcome mats were changed by the time of day (good morning, good afternoon, good evening). The welcome area staff's guest acknowledgment was fast and friendly. The 16th floor infinite pool, view and guests gave a feeling of being in Miami or LA very chic, super trendy.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

It was a great stay overall
    • Wonderful Room with King Bed

That I didn't have a alot of info

I really think more info should have been given when booking and different pictures for the different quality of the rooms

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

We stayed at this hotel because we heard it had a fun...
    • Wonderful Room with King Bed

The rooms are "ok" and need to be properly cleaned. The outlet in the bathroom did not work. The staff is great but the manager needs proper training on customer service. Our three year old found an illegal substance from a previous guest. This is the first and last time at this hotel.

We stayed at this hotel because we heard it had a fun atmosphere and a great pool overlooking the city. We really enjoyed the pool.

Perfect location, excellent staff

Very expensive

Location. Was directly across from venue that I was attending

The pool area was beautiful!
    • Wonderful Room with Two Queen Beds

The pool area was beautiful!

It was clean and it was great location to the venue
    • Wonderful Room with Two Queen Beds

The place charged for everything, it didn't have free WiFi and the phone didn't work either

The bathroom was great

A true get away for me and my friends.
    • Fabulous Room with Two Queen Beds

I have no complaints can’t wait to do it again.

Everything was great and my stay was worth the money. Thanks for everything!

Comfortable bed, loved the huge balcony.
    • Fantastic King Suite

Open shower- made me cold when I was showering

Bed was very comfortable

Wonderful.
    • Wonderful Room with King Bed

Nothing. Everything was perfect.

Bed.

Overall would definitely stay again and recommend your hotel
    • Spectacular Room with King Bed

We ordered room service: burger/fries - food was cold and fries were stale

We loved the location and friendliness of your entire staff

Great experience for my first time
    • Mega King Room

Didn't like that I couldn't have stayed longer

I loved the view from the room and the munchie box.

Coffee maker in the room.
    • Spectacular Room with King Bed

Coffee maker in the room.

Had trouble getting someone to fix the tv.
    • Wonderful Room with King Bed

Had trouble getting someone to fix the tv.

Great stay!

No problems.

Great stay! Will be back. Thanks!

Quality

Location, style and quality

Just love the place

Just love the place

Wouldn’t stay here again.
    • Spectacular Room with Two Queen Beds

Bathroom, room size, parking, housekeeping,

Outside view.

Top notch hotel in prime location.
    • Wonderful Room with King Bed

Towels could have been softer.

Great location and bar scene.

No wifi and only paid breakfast.
    • Spectacular Room with Two Queen Beds

No wifi and only paid breakfast.

Not worth the money spent
    • Spectacular Room with King Bed

Communication was poor as well as housekeeping

Concierge were very nice and accommodating

How convenient everything was.
    • Spectacular Room with King Bed

How convenient everything was. Staff was very nice. Food in restaurant was good. Little noisy in halls but to be expected on New Year’s Eve.

Expected much more. Staff was rude. Room wasn’t ready at 5:30 for a 3:00 early check in.
    • Mega King Room

Staff/rooms

It was a good time great location!! Centralized!!

My hangover lol!$

Friendly staff and the bar area was fun!!

It was unique an upscale

Nothing it was great

It was unique an upscale

It’s was basic
    • Wonderful Room with Two Queen Beds

Definitely not worth the high cost to stay there

Staff were friendly

Wonderful
    • Fantastic King Suite

Maybe a little better lighting n bedroom

Liked the location. Liked being able to walk to places close by.

The front desk staff were amazing
    • Spectacular Room with King Bed

Restaurant could be better - more food options

The front desk staff were amazing

Comfortable hotel in dull area.
    • Wonderful Room with Two Queen Beds

Very little in this area. Overpriced room and drinks.

Luxurious and comfortable. Excellent for visiting the arena opposite.

Browse W Dallas - Victory traveller photo gallery