Reviews of W Fort Lauderdale 4 stars

401 North Fort Lauderdale Beach Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304, USA

#58 of 131 hotels in Fort Lauderdale

A hotel trying to be hip and appeal to young 20s guests.
    • Spectacular King Room with Partial Ocean View

The property felt extremely large which meant long waits for everything, ie check-in, check-out, elevators, car valet, etc. The live disc jockey music in the lobby was deafening. The average age of guests seemed to be 22 years old, mostly party goers half drunk.

Newer building.

Loved the W FLL and recommend it!

lighting in the rooms is dim and can't turn on light in bathroom without turning on the loud fan

Friends and family met me at the W FLL for a big birthday. Welcome Desk Supervisor Shachar Pinchas showed the utmost care and courtesy for my 89 yr old wheelchair bound father (as did all the staff). She gave him a fabulous suite w roll-in shower and great views. Hubby, 2 sons and I shared a 2 queen bed room that was fun, especially w lovely ocean view balcony and it's big couch, great space! We ate and drank many times at the alluring 4th floor lounge "the Living Room" and pool side; both serve the same, varied, lite food, quite yummy. BEST PILLOWS EVER! Used the free bikes to cruise Las Olas Blvd to nice shops and restaurants; used the free chairs and towels to enjoy the lovely beach right across the street. Wonderful, fun, beautiful place to stay, love the W FLL!

The pool - the room.
    • Wonderful Queen Room with Two Queen Beds- Partial Views

Food at steak restaurant quite expensive / only one restaurant for a very big hotel ... we could not have a table after 6pm as fully booked.

The pool - the room.

Great location and nice place for families
    • Spectacular Queen Room with Two Queen Beds- Partial Ocean Views

I felt like the bathrooms were a bit small compared to other hotels that we’ve stayed at. Elevators at times were extremely slow. The housekeeping was terrible! Either they didn’t show up at all or they would show up at 6:00 pm, while we were getting ready to go out.

Beautiful hotel and super friendly staff. The bar and pool area was fantastic!

Excellent stay, lovely hotel.
    • Wonderful King Room with Partial Views

Signage to get around is limited - got lost a few times trying to find our room. The bathroom door handle in our room was broken. The pool area was not very well kept, the tiles were dirty and there was vomit on the tiles that was not cleaned up before we were assigned to sit in the area.

The meals (Breakfasts x 3 and dinner x 1) we had at Steak 954 were excellent. The bed and bedding were lovely and our view was really good. The cleaning staff were friendly and very accommodating for any extra products we needed in the room. The robes are a nice touch. All of the staff were very friendly. Appreciated the early check in after our cruise and late check out for our afternoon flight out. Assigned beach chairs and umbrellas at the pool and beach are a definite plus.

Very poor service. Not somewhere we would ever stay again.
    • Wonderful King Room with Partial Views

We did not receive any genius perks. The property was not nearly as clean as it should have been. Staff was slow. Food cold. Elevators were very crowded and slow. Staff was not friendly or helpful. Concierge was the worst I have ever encountered...they did not return phone calls. We did our own planning for golf, restaurants, sunset cruise because they did not want to help. Lazy.

Love it!
    • Wonderful King Room with Partial Views

Everything was PERFECT-location, hotel restaurant (breakfast), quiet private beach and Mega room with a gorgeous view of the ocean! Very helpful staff:)

I moved over from the Ritz because they didn’t have a room for an extra night and I’m so happy I did

Having to leave

The staff, starting with the valets, was overly friendly and accommodating. Staff training is clearly being done well. I love staying at the W. I’m going to try to stay at more Ws

Location of the hotel and view from balcony
    • One Bedroom Residential Suite

Nobody give us until we check out the details of $30.00 mandatory service charge. At check out we found many mistakes on the bill and the girl had to fix it like I was charged for parking overnight when I had no car. The water pressure was very low.

Location of the hotel and view from balcony

Overall a good experience.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The pool was a little small. I thought it would be more Resort sized.

Loved the size of our room for our family. You can easily fit 5 in a room. (6 if you have small kids and can share beds) The restaurants were also good.

Love this hotel. Will stay here again. This is my go-to when I am in FL.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

I was in a 2 room apartment, parking should have been included in the price. Also, they need to have a front desk in tower 2 where the apartments are. It's a hike from one building to the other.

I expected more for the price of this place. I've stayed in nicer for cheaper
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Paying for wi fi. Very expensive room. Shouldn't have to pay for Internet. Also the soap,shampoo & conditioner was horrible. It was all a lemon sent. Walked around all day smelling like lemons. Would have been nice if they had actual normal smelling soap,shampoo etc...

The atmosphere

I would've wish I had a clean room the dog then keep me up all night and that my sheets and my quilt
    • Wonderful King Room with Partial Views

My room was dirty the quilt on my bed have a Body odor sent The dog in the room next was parked all day all night anytime I want to bed I can sleep it was ridiculous

To sushi bar in the pool

The air conditioner broke in the room and was not fixed...
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The air conditioner broke in the room and was not fixed before we left , and they left the broken parts on the counter top , the kitchen sink was clogged water would not go down , the shower would not stop dripping water I spent $750 for 1 night and all of this went wrong I think I should be compensated for some thing

Skip this place if you want to relax, maybe if you’re younger it would be fine
    • Wonderful King Room with Partial Views

The steady drone of hip hop music was close to unbearable... they try to make this place into a south beach night club especially over the weekend

Staff was very helpful and professional

Ok
    • Wonderful King Room with Partial Views

When I made the reservation through booking.com . I booked a room with a partial view to the ocean. When I got to the front desk to check I was advised by the front desk staff that there is never a guarantee and that if I wanted a room with a partial view I had to pay an additional $58.00$ besides what I already had paid initially, even though I showed the staff that I booked a partial view ocean room. It was not honored and had to pay the additional fees.

Partial view with Balcony it's a must to get. Beautiful view

Service was absolutely horrendous- I complained to a manager...
    • Spectacular King Room with Partial Ocean View

Service was absolutely horrendous- I complained to a manager who told me it would be taken very seriously and he would follow up with an email....still waiting.

We only got to stay one night before the hotel evacuated due to the hurricane
    • Wonderful King Room with Partial Views

We were evacuated from Fort Lauderdale hotel the W the credit card was charged the entire amount even though we were only there for one day! The hotel told us that we how to resolve the issue with booking.com when we call booking.com they told us that we have to resolve it with the hotel. We would like to have our money refunded things we were told to walk from the hotel and we had no other options.

I can't say enough good things about our experience here.
    • Wonderful King Room with Partial Views

I wish they had "adult swim" hours. The amount of children in the pool was a bit overwhelming at times.

The overall experience was phenomenal. From service, to the bar, to the magnificent pool. Even parking was wonderful. LOVED. IT.

Not much.
    • Wonderful King Room with Partial Views

This place is a disaster. You will be greeted with instant stress upon arrival, because the valet setup is a mess. Too many cars, too many guests, not enough staff, cars everywhere. There is no official W staff greeting you, no bellman, etc....you are greeted by 3rd party valet that does not care about your stay. Then you have to lug your bags up to the 4th floor to check in, where you will be greeted with a very long line and ONE desk agent checking people in. After all this mess, you are then greeted to 3 different towers of which 2 of them are across a bridge that you must lug your bags up and into the elevator platform. Now the fun begins. Because of the 24 stories, once you get on that elevator, you are going to make multiple stops along the way (and believe me, this theme will continue during the rest of your stay ... up and down). The room was nice, the view was nice, the beds were comfortable, the shower was nice. There were a few maintenance issues with the room, the bathroom glass slider door was stuck on the tile so it would drag across the floor everytime you moved the door. The pillows were awful, but that bed was comfortable. The room is absolutely cluttered with all kinds of extras that the W is happy to sell to you, which is classless and makes the room look messy. The pool experience was not great. While the pool itself was cold and very refreshing on a hot august day, the staff is a problem. You must flag them down to get attention, they do not come to you. Even when you flag them down, there's not enough of them at the pool, so they are in a rush, overworked, etc. Drinks and food at the pool are overpriced, in my opinion. They were powerwashing the pool deck when we got out there with a gas powered machine, it was super loud and annoying, plus a lot of fumes. I was shocked they were doing this with so many guests around.

Not much. The bed was nice and the shower was good.

The view, the pool, the friendliness of the staff
    • Spectacular King Room with Partial Ocean View

Being charged incorrectly, the cockroach in the room, room not being cleaned properly when first arriving

The view, the pool, the friendliness of the staff

Not happy
    • Wonderful King Room with Partial Views

Walking in to our room on check in and finding last guests food left overs in Refrigerator and wet bar empty. Then the biggest thing there was feces In the toilet never cleaned bad experience.

Beds were comfortable

Marvelous steps from beach , had a resort package which includes chairs and umbrella at beach just u
    • Spectacular Queen Room with Two Queen Beds- Partial Ocean Views

Valet Park little to expensive be prepared but it worthy, because is nice having a service like this once in while

Staff , employees everyone well trained to provide courteous treatment, and time to help you with questions and needs

Poor lighting in rooms,Tv did not work,walls very thin loud...
    • Spectacular King Room with Partial Ocean View

Poor lighting in rooms,Tv did not work,walls very thin loud,you will not rest at night. Front desk is a train wreck. Fabio bartender was amazing,sushi bar very good. Save money stay somewhere else. No focus on customer service felt like a collage dorm,no thanks

Pool area is awesome.
    • Spectacular King Room with Partial Ocean View

The environment is more catered to younger age groups and spring breakers.

Pool area is awesome. Also Brian Fleuratin was fantastic. He accommodated me having late check out when I ended up having a late flight due to delays.

Fine overhall but not a great experience
    • Wonderful King Room with Partial Views

Wait for the elevator during 15 minutes every time. Too busy. They desactivated your card just after 11 am the day of the check out, so you stay stuck outside of your room, have to re go downstairs and do the line for 30 minutes to be able to go back to your room.

The room was beautiful!
    • Spectacular King Room with Partial Ocean View

A man working the W cafe started cleaning up in preparation for the bar to open. It was 11:01am and I asked to buy a croissant and banana that were still sitting out. I was told no because they were closed. Meanwhile other guests were still getting coffee. Disappointed.

The room was beautiful! All service was supreme! Grrat honeymoon spot!

We will be back! Can't wait!
    • Spectacular King Room with Partial Ocean View

The glass door to the water closet/toilet in room..not a lot of privacy

We loved the steak house in the hotel. It was excellent as well as the staff. Loved the pool! Loved the Blus. products in room! Loved the LV in hotel! Thank you

The location and facility was gorgeous.
    • Spectacular Queen Room with Two Queen Beds- Partial Ocean Views

My wallet was stolen , i did not get refunded hold placed on debit card promptly. i was charged for things i did not do or use. i now have to wait 5 days to return funds.

The location and facility was gorgeous.

Communication not up to expectation.
    • Wonderful King Room with Partial Views

Telephone in room. Not the typical one and so I had no idea how to call the desk to ask questions. I got a text and I responded I wanted to ask a question and my response was answered at 5:30 the next day. I was not impressed.

Very nice facility.

Great staycation getaway
    • Wonderful Queen Room with Two Queen Beds- Partial Views

Easy beach access with umbrellas, chairs and towels available. Just outside the "busy" part of the beach, yet a very easy walk to be I. The heart of the action

The hotel is in a beautiful location but was under renovations. Did not like resort fee
    • Spectacular King Room with Partial Ocean View

We only used the beach once so we paid the resort fee and did not use the bikes and whatever else was included in the fee. The rooms were cleaned daily but sometimes not it was not cleaned until Late in the evening. The free water was never replenished in the room. Some cleaning supplies were also left in the room. Would have been nice to Include a continential breakfast in the resort fee or have some other things included in the resort fee. Using the beach only once during our stay was the only time we took advantage of it. A little more choice or have option to use resort fee!

The view was amazing! Access to transportation was excellent. Staff was friendly!

Amazing views and very chic hotel
    • Wonderful King Room with Partial Views

Very clean,comfortable and the staff was amazing.The layout and decor was very chic. The room was a good size and the bed was very comfortable. I got exactly what I was told I would with booking.com

totally ruined by housekeeping experience - 2 different women on two different nights.
    • Spectacular King Room with Partial Ocean View

Sloppy housekeeping both work and attitude disgraceful - these are the type of experiences which bdrive we travellers to self serviced like Air bnb

Check in person - Sandra - Exceptional

• Wonderful Queen Room with Two Queen Beds- Partial Views

Had to do valet parking and sometimes it took 15 minutess to get the vehicle. Room service would never come Had to call for towels everyday and then had to wait forever for someone to bring them. Never will stay at a W again.

Do not waste your money.
    • Wonderful King Room with Partial Views

The staff was unfriendly, the bedding and comfort level was terrible, woke up with a stiff back. One waitress for the entire pool deck, who was clearly overheated and overwhelmed. When I tried to explain my concerns to "management", she was extremely rude and told me "you should have called and asked for new pillows." She clearly was not experienced in this area, and was not listening.

Not happy with the hotel at all. Poor customer service, terrible mattress and pillows. Overall stay was bad. Will not return

Unclean rooms / terrible customer service.
    • Spectacular King Room with Partial Ocean View

The customer service was absolutely terrible. Not only was this the worst w I have ever stayed at - the staff was terrible. Our room wasn't clean, it had not been cleaned. We had to switch rooms. There were dirty room service dishes that had been left outside of our new room for what looked like hours. Previous customers old groceries were in our fridge in the new room. We dealt with multiple staff members upon checking in which were all unhelpful to say the least. As someone who works in customer service & rarely gets away for a weekend - the W Fort Lauderdale was the absolute worst place to have chosen.

Absolutely nothing. This was the worst W I have ever stayed at.

The W
    • Spectacular Queen Room with Two Queen Beds- Partial Ocean Views

The staff at the pool deck didn't pay attention to me. I had to go get towels myself and go get drinks myself. I went to the pool both days and both days I felt invisible by the staff.

I loved the comfort of the bed and the views from the pool and the hotel!

215 Philly was in the house we had a fun time!!!
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

While taking into consideration there was Reno going on... the pool area should have been cleaner than it was the deck drains were over flowing with water And dibris.... pool area was understaffed the service for food & drink took too long... however the servers that handled the overload were working full throttle✨

The new renovations look great .... 954 is always delicious & consistently friendly.... the livingroom on 4 with the sushi bar offers a fun calendar of evening entertainment!!! Our family stayed in the apartment... We were comfortable a cool spot ... The Bliss spa was boutique style & massage therapist & aesthetician were a+👌

Over Priced Hot
    • Spectacular King Room with Partial Ocean View

The prices are over rated. Such a rip off. Parking is $39.00 per day Daily Resort Fee $30.00 Occupancy Tourism 10.83 Wheels State Tax $2.34 State Taxes $12.96 And if you eat at 954Steak each item has a separate fee.

The hotel is directly across the street from the beach.

Fun party place after a conference stay at another hotel
    • Wonderful Queen Room with Two Queen Beds- Partial Views

Layout of the bathroom was odd since we travel with a friend not as private as it could have been

great room view 19th floor facing south could see intercostal and the ocean as well as miami and ft lauderdale

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

It was very beautiful and clean. We got put in Tower 2 because they overbooked so felt inconvenience
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Our housecleaning service lady was very rude most days. She showed up at 9 am the first day and was annoyed we asked her to give us an hour. Most days she showed up very late and always with an annoyed unfriendly attitude. We left her zero tip and we are heavy tippers.

Beautiful amenities and food was great

Tortuga
    • Wonderful Queen Room with Two Queen Beds- Partial Views

Glass shower wall to the bedding area. Need more help at the pool

The bed was very comfortable we had a king room. Partial ocean view. Didn't care for the glass wall for shower. We requested a privacy curtain. They are changing the glass shower wall. We received our room at 10am upon arrival which was fantastic. We also had a 1pm checkout. Great staff very helpful and courteous. Would stay again

• Reviewed: 4 April 2017

Great View!
    • Spectacular King Room with Partial Ocean View

The pool was over crowded, so we went to the 'quiet' pool, which was old and underkept, the food we ordered at the pool was pretty bad. No presentation at all just thrown on a plate, and was under average.

The view was amazing, lovely big bed and clean sheets! Great selection in the mini bar, and a great housekeeping service. The sushi bar in the lobby area was very nice.

Can't wait for my next stay
    • Spectacular King Room with Partial Ocean View

It took a very long time to retrieve my car from valet each time even when I called down ten minutes ahead of time requesting for them the get the car.

I loved the General atmosphere of the hotel. It was very vibrant and full of activities but at the same time it was very private.

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

Never Disappoints...Simply Amazing
    • Wonderful King Room with Partial Views

I've traveled to the W multiple times and this was no exception!! It was my birthday weekend and my room was upgraded and everyone from the front desk to the pool attendants were so overly nice and very catering! Couldn't ask for a better weekend thank you W Ft Lauderdale!

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

Construction mess
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The hotel is under construction. No notification of this fact prior to booking. It took multiple elevator rides and walking to get to exit and lobby. Parking was a separate charge yet it took upwards of 20 min to get ones vehicle

The location on A1A and proximity to airport

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Excellent place to stay
    • Spectacular Queen Room with Two Queen Beds- Partial Ocean Views

Bathroom setup in Queen room a little strange. Not much privacy. Had to ask for a curtain to cover glass window that looked out onto room

Location of property was excellent. All staff were extremely friendly, helpful and provided amazing customer service. Raul at the concierge desk was outstanding

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

Not w hotel level
    • Wonderful King Room with Partial Views

The building structure is weird, the hotel room level looks more like a student dorm than a hotel from W. No wifi breakfast no good. Put a bottle of water next to your bed with very very small $7 word written and I cannot see it.

The location, staff welcoming

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

Beautiful hotel, but...
    • Wonderful King Room with Partial Views

It's under construction, which didn't allow me to park my own car (not always comfortable with valet). Getting from the 12th floor to the 5th floor meant I had to take two elevators and that wasn't clear to me. I was lost. Another guest had to "fill me in".

Beautiful hotel. The room is clean and comfortable. I needed toothpaste and they brought it right away.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

Worst Anniversary ever for my parents, never booking at this W again!
    • Wonderful King Room with Partial Views

I thought it would be a great experience to send my parent to the W for their anniversary. What a mistake! The front desk manager is incompetent. Never thought my mother would be brought to tears just checking-in. Moving on from the lack of customer service at check-in, She requested a room close to an elevator, for my handicap father. They assigned them a room furtherest away from the elevator, at the very end of the hall (with an extra special view of dumpsters and construction debris for their anniversary memory). She was assured this room was accessible for my disabled father. No rails near the toilet or bathtub to hold on to. The A/C vent in the room rattled all night like a cheap motel. In the morning, realizing what a horrible experience their hotel provided my parents, they offered extended check-out and free breakfast. Really? They should of offered a refund for not providing the experience people expect when booking at a W. Never booking here again!

NOTHING

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

Best Hotel on Fort Lauderdale Beach
    • Wonderful King Room with Partial Views

This is the best hotel to stay at when visiting Fort Lauderdale Beach, FL. I've stayed here quite a few times and wouldn't book any other hotel.

Not worth it
    • Wonderful King Room with Partial Views

Service , Staff, Pool, layout, comfort, NOT a 4 star barley a 3 star Hilton are better. Rooms service is bad

it had. balcony

It was clean and (some)staff were very helpful
    • Spectacular King Room with Partial Ocean View

I continually had to call for ice.There also are no microwave in room.

It was clean and (some)staff were very helpful

To many people on the pool

To many people on the pool

Great weekend in Ft Lauderdale
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Valet system was a nightmare

Amazing food and drinks

Nice staff and polite. Everyone!
    • Wonderful Queen Room with Two Queen Beds- Partial Views

Bathroom shower. Small After leaving taxi at my arrival, there wasn’t any guide or welcoming staff, to point towards the reception.

The ocean view
    • Spectacular King Room with Partial Ocean View

Housekeeping services and billing discrepancies.

The ocean view

Was great
    • Spectacular King Room with Partial Ocean View

Room was not clean when we arrived and there was no soap or face towels

Was great

• Spectacular King Room with Partial Ocean View

Bed and pillows are so comfortable

Perfect

All excellent

The lobby

Not clean at all

The lobby

great

Pay when you arrive

The W was capital W-onderful.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The staff at the W was excellent at making us feel like we were their most important guests.

Not value for that money!!!!
    • Wonderful King Room with Partial Views

Vallet Parking very delayed, about 30 minutes some times!

Bed was a queen size! I expected king size! Matress was not confortable

awsome hotel for a fair price
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

the room floor was dirty upon checkin

awsome hotel for a fair price

Location and restaurant
    • Wonderful King Room with Partial Views

Way to expensive for the room,

Location and restaurant

I 0

E

I 0

Just didn’t meet my expectations for what I paid

Needs upgrade

Needs to be maintain rooms had walls, doors scratched just didn’t seem it is kept well

Breakfast at the restaurant was amazing.
    • One Bedroom Residential Suite

Breakfast at the restaurant was amazing.

Too much for a deposit

Too much for a deposit

An amazing hotel! Excellent location with beautiful, spacious rooms with all the facilities you need
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The rooms were spacious with amazing views! Staff were all extremely friendly and helpful!

Super!
    • Wonderful King Room with Partial Views

Fabulous rooms, really nicely done. Balcony was really nice. Can’t wait to stay again

Browse W Fort Lauderdale traveller photo gallery