Reviews of W Hoboken 4 stars

225 River Street, Hoboken, NJ 07030, USA

#2 of 3 hotels in Hoboken

5.9

• Wonderful King Room

check-in and check-out were neither smooth nor efficient. The experience, for the price, did not feel premium, professional, or exclusive. The lobby bathroom was very badly maintained. The staff, although I'm sure are nice humans who do not deserve punishment, are not properly trained for an elevated customer service experience. There was a bit of waiting, which is not ideal when you check in at nearly 3 am and just want to sleep.overall, It just didn't feel like a good deal.

It's quiet.

• Cozy King Room

The woman Raina who greeted us that is the manager of welcoming was the rudest thing ever. On booking.com I wasn’t told that the hotel would have a $150 security deposite. I had planned to book the total amount of money on a credit card which ended up getting declined once the $150 was added to my card. She made me feel embarrassed and very humilated. I went pulled out $500 in cash and came back to pay her. She then told me that $200 was required for all cash deposits and that she already told me this. That wasn’t true because if it was I would have taken out another $100 to ensure I had the full total covered. My friend offered to put $8 on her card and the woman preceded to say, “as long as it doesn’t get declined” in a nasty overwhelming tone. Our room had a huge desk stain which we took pictures of to ensure we wouldn’t be blamed for the damages.

Love the ambiance and the overall look of the hotel. The Hoboken location is perfect with surrounding bars closer than I expected. The path is also very close which made travel fast and simple to and from the hotel.

• Wonderful Queen Room

Shower needs updating. The tub was difficult to get in and out of, the water pressure in the shower was terrible. The glass is not long enough. The floor was wet after every shower. One a 1 - 10 it was a 1. Beds were comfortable, but the a/c was very noisy. Breakfast on Saturday morning was delicious, but the service was very very slow. And there was only 2 other tables of people. It took 20 minutes to get a cup of coffee. Overall a nice stay, but thought it was overpriced.

• Cozy King Room

They did not provide enough drinking water in the room.

I like the please, far away from NYC crowd and noise. There is a place to run behind the Hot

• Cozy King Room

Everything in the room literally had a price tag on it, from the $6 bottle of water to the $235 radio and $12 bag of candy. It made it hard to just unwind and enjoy the $350/night room. It felt like a cheap sales pitch.

• Wonderful Queen Room

I don’t like that everything has a dollar amount on it in your room. It’s very in your face, on display. Could be a little more discreet with the advertising aspect.

Staff was very helpful and kind. The fitness room is great!

• Cozy King Room

The room was clean and comfortable. I really liked that the hotel uses Bliss products for their toiletries. The room that I stayed in was facing another building, but I’m sure the views overlooking the water would be amazing. Also, there’s a restaurant attached to the restaurant and quite enjoyed the unlimited brunch there. The staff were also quite friendly and helpful!

• Spectacular King Room

I wanted to pretty much stay in and just relax but was forced to leave hotel to go to the movies because the movies on demand was not working (cable problem) according to front desk. also the first room 903 phone not working properly according to technician so was moved to another room 906

Breakfast was delicious and staff was awesome

• Cozy King Room

my boyfriend got there before me and they would not let him check in because the room was booked in my name, even though he had the confirmation number and the credit card used to check in. Also, parking should be free for guests, at least overnight. 40$ a night for parking is absurd, given how much you are paying for the room, and that there are few other parking options for out of town people.

beautiful view.

• Cozy King Room

No complimentary water in rooms but that’s New York, they’d make you pay for breathing if they could!!!

Felt like home, good size rooms, great location next to river and close to PATH and rail station for journeys into Manhattan and up state. Staff are fantastic and helpful too.

• Cozy King Room

Handicap accessible room wasn't great. Shower leaked all over the bathroom. Not a lot of space to get around. Staff didn't restock the towels and coffee. Didn't make the bed one day.

• Wonderful King Room

Couldn’t get food in the bar after 9pm - had to order from room service to the bar, bar doesn’t have a room service menu etc etc

We were in a King Room with good views and the room size was bigger than I expected. Bed was comfortable.

• Spectacular King Room

Had to extended my stay unexpectedly due to my friend going into the hospital. While the front office manager did extend my stay for 2 nights; they were unwilling to work on reducing the room rate to assist with the increased unexpected cost. There was no call by the front office manager at all regarding the 911 call we had placed, nor any follow up from them. My description of the front office night manager on 11/25/2017 would have to be described as Heartless in Hoboken.

Had a medical emergency while staying at the W Hotel Hoboken. The security staff was AMAZING!! Very responsive. Did follow up calls to see if I needed anything. It was great working with them. They even tried to work with the Front Office night manager to help bring my room rate down. Though, they were unsuccessful.

• Cozy King Room

Make sure the cleaning staff don’t come to the room until after you check out.

It was in a convenient location for the events I had planned for the weekend.

• Fabulous Room

Well actually the problem is not the hotel it is also the Booking.com. I booked the room as 2 queen size beds and when we arrive there staff said that sorry it is not available.. I paid over 120usd to select this room type (allowing us to have 2 beds in the room) but the result, my colleauge ended up sleeping on a roll away bed....... This is not good booking.com. Dont sell what you dont have booking.com..

• Wonderful King Room

We paid a lot of money for the room and yet absolutely nothing was complimentary. You had to pay for wi-fi, using the hotel computers - you are even charged six dollars for a bottle of water in your room! It all seems like a giant rip off when you've already paid so much to stay there.

We had an amazing view of Manhattan from our window. Room was a good size, nice bathroom and huge comfy beds.

No breakfast included=(

Great location. Friendly & knowledgeable staff. Loved the valet parking. Nice bar & restaurant. Very clean & comfortable. Easy to way to subway. Felt safe walking around. Loved the river walk!

• Wonderful King Room

Why don't have breakfast was I value price Not Quality room was the high price and lower floor doesn't change the sheet

• Cozy King Room

We had a small room with a King Bed.. Perfect size for someone that just needs a place to sleep. When we arrived.. the inside looked like a 7 Eleven store... there was merchandise sitting around everywhere... with prices hanging off items... you could seriously buy anything from headphones to condoms... there was no room for our stuff.. I had to remove everything from the counter top and unload the refrigerator just to make room for our stuff... to be such a nice hotel... this just really cheapened the whole feel... also we ate Supper at the outside Restaurant...the Service was awful.. the waiters were somewhere out in LaLa land.. everyone around us were talking about how bad it was as well... The inside restaurant was perfect for Breakfast.. I would definitely eat there again.. but would not eat at the outside area..

The location was great. We were able to walk to the PATH with no problem

• Cozy King Room

Restaurant was NOT gluten free friendly at all ! On check-out day it took 50 minutes to get a luggage cart to help us get our belongings downstairs.

View from the room was great! Beds were comfy. All of the staff was friendly.

• Spectacular Queen Room

Nothing but the room was included. There was an up charge for absolutely everything.

It is a very nice hotel and our view of NYC was awesome. The feather beds are like sleeping in a cloud. Staff were all very pleasant and friendly.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

• Cozy King Room

Amazing facility, grate staff and accurate. As far as coming across stains on couch and the carpet area felt little uncomfortable.

Overall everything is good.

• Cozy King Room

I checked in at 12AM (midnight) and was told that the restaurant and bar were open until 1AM but when I returned at 12:30 I was told that they had closed because they were "slow". Consistency is very important. I had little time to waste as I checked in very late after a long day and had to check out early for another business meeting.

24/7 Room Service Small bottles of Makers Mark Bourbon and Red Wine available for purchase in room Lots of snacks (chips, chocolate, nuts, snack bars) in room available for purchase Robe in Bathroom Gorgeous Suite, Comfy Bed, Friendly Staff, Coffee delivered on time to room in AM

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

• Cozy King Room

For $200 a room for one night, I think having to pay for wi-fi is totally absurd. Also, no coffee maker in the room. Most hotels and motels have coffee in the room. $6 for bottle water that says "drink up" is pretty funny. Everything is a la carte here. The valet was $35. Pretty crazy. I'm not rich and I'm not poor but being nickeled and dimed every time you turn around is annoying.

Staff was very helpful.

• Wonderful Queen Room

Ehen remodeling the bathtub should be the same hight of the floor. A safety handle in meantime should work.

The oversize pillow in bed . Excellent for relaxation .

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

• Spectacular Queen Room

The ice bucket in our room had mold on it so we were unable to use it. Although it may not be associated with the hotel, the service at Halifax for brunch was extremely slow. We did the all you can eat brunch and had to wait 45 minutes for food at one point.

The view from the room was beautiful. The hotel itself was gorgeous as well and the staff was helpful and very nice. Any slight problem we had, the staff worked quickly to resolve. The location of the hotel is perfect; it's walking distance to the train and extremely close to the main attractions of Hoboken. I would definitely stay here again.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

No action / compensation taken

Club in the hotel, impossible to sleep before 3am because of the boom boom Poor noise isolation, I can here the ding of the elevator from my bed and peopke conversation in the coridor

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

• Wonderful Queen Room - Disability Access

Free coffee in the AM ran out early. Oh well.

Service was superior from the front desk to the car valets. The view of NYC was spectacular. Great little town.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

• Wonderful Queen Room

Shower in accessible room, the water ran out into the bathroom, and flowed to the door. Very dangerous.

front desk staff and valet parking attendants were very nice and accommodating

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

• Cozy King Room

They had all these food/drink items that were in the room which was everywhere! They were even in the bathroom! I find that to be "trying too hard!" Also, a bottle of water for $6 bucks! And chips were $6 bucks! Too tacky!

Great location! Beautiful views!

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

• Wonderful King Room

Being nickeled and dimed is inexcusable -- paying extra for a late checkout, internet access, parking. I will not stay there again for these reasons. There are too many comparable properties to choose from that don't hit you with with upcharges. I mean $9.95 for 24 hours internet? Come on. Never again.

The view. Room was lovely.

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

• Cozy King Room

Heating unit was noisy which made it a little difficult to sleep. But it was our fault for not calling the front desk about it.

Clean Modern Facility with a convenient location. They were very accommodating about parking. Right within walking distance to the main drag and right on the Hudson.

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

• Spectacular Queen Room

stayed on the 3rd floor a lot of noise from the private party DJ very loud had to buy a movie to block noise out

room was cosy and clean...nice size bathtub ...great getaway for a group of friends

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

• Cozy King Room

Free wifi in common areas but in room you are charged, High bed awkward Small robes. In room movies $$ Breakfast expensive.

front desk nice guys and very helpful Only game in town in Hoboken

• Spectacular King Room

Service from the moment you step foot! Great atmosphere! Your in the heart of it all! Location ! Location! Location! Jenelle went beyond to make sure we had a memorable stay! Thank you!

• Wonderful King Room

$28 for 2 coffees bought to the room, ha! Will never stay in a W again because if this unless they sort that out, at the 1 hotel now and they have a nespresso machine in room - free! No cushions on great sofa looking at view, not comfortable sadly.

Great location, room felt modern yet cosy and a good size. Good free wifi for SPG members - free to become one.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

• Cozy King Room

I felt like walking into a store front. My room was fine, the view was rubbish and the fact that everything has a price tag to it (even appliances in the room) made me feel quite uncomfortable.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

• Cozy King Room

Location great ( see above)

Service at breakfast poor. Waiter was wearing jeans. Food ok Room had stains on carpet and sofa. Pets allowed in all rooms is a stupid idea. We are staying at a different hotel Oct 12. The W is more convenient but my wife doesn't like living in a kennel.

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

• Cozy King Room

Bedsheets and towels smelled like mildew, couldn't sleep the night because of the smell. Given the nightly rate and overall hotel ranking, my expectation was a lot higher, especially around cleanliness. Only one small bottle of water was available for free in the room, everything else had a charge. For $400, would've at least expected some view of NYC but instead had a view of the back of the buildings in town. Parking is available, but at a hefty $35/nighty charge. Overall, would not stay or recommend this hotel.

Common grounds are beautiful. Very chic. Close to shops and restaurants. Staff is friendly.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

N/a

The balcony room with view was excellent. Room was so comfortable and clean. The brunch cafe was excellent. My husband and I stood there the night of our wedding day/ we had an early reception wedding and enjoyed our night at the W with amazing view. It was a great idea to stay there the night of our wedding and before our honeymoon vacation.

• Reviewed: 15 July 2016

• Spectacular King Room

It was absolute perfection from the moment we arrived.....The staff surely projected the W image and brand so very well. So mesmerized by the evening view of Manhattan from our room.

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

Valet parking convenient but expensive at $35/day

Very convenient location, easy to get in and out. Right on the river, beautiful views of New York City. Handicap-accessible bathroom pretty well designed, although the water from the shower got all over the bathroom floor, despite a slope to the shower that made my husband a bit nervous about falling.Beautiful mural in the lobby, striking and original

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

Cost

The staff was extremely nice and we were given cupcakes for my girlfriends birthday ... Would highly recommend staying here... The price of my hotel was extremely expensive though 480 for one night.

My room and the view

• Wonderful Queen Room - Disability Access

Bathroom shower water went everywhere

Everyone was friendly

• Cozy King Room

Nothing could have been better!

Beds are amazing, staff is extremely warm, courteous, and helpful

• Cozy King Room

Nice staff at Reception, lovely young lady Essence totally friendly and professional.

The view was amazing

• Wonderful King Room

Love the friendly service, scenery at night, very close to bars had a great night

Location and cleanliness

• Cozy King Room

How friendly the staff was and how clean and upscale the property was kept.

• Cozy King Room

Room and bathroom too small Had to valet park

Friendly staff

• Cozy King Room

Master switch is next to door - a major mistake. Can’t read in bed and fall asleep with one switch. Had to get out of bed to switch all lights out

• Wonderful King Room

Charged for drinks I did not have

• Cozy King Room

Great front desk. Comfortable rooms. Sometimes a nice view.

Nothing, everything was perfect

Perfect perfect perfect

Hotel is perfect

Very helpful staff. Great views of NYC. Access to shopping and restaurants.

That it was not specified that there was going to be a $200 hold till checkout

• Cozy King Room

Staff were perfectly nice. Concierge was friendly but not that helpful. Peoperty and room were nice. Bed was very uncomfortable.

• Cozy King Room

Suites with balcony overlooking the River are the best!

No thing

Mean unfriendly reception

Paying for WiFi And paying for parking

Expensive

The view

Valet parking is expensive

The view of New York City. Room very comfortable.

No pool

Celebrating my husbands birthday, the staff went above and beyond to make our stay extra special.

• Cozy King Room

Wasn't family friendly. too loud!!!

• Cozy King Room

Horrible pillows. I also woke up with 20 mosquito bites & was offered no compensation.

Comfortable bed

• Wonderful King Room

The suite had the most amazing view of the city!!!!

No pool

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

• Wonderful King Room

Need something quick like a vending drink machine for quick soda / juice for kids

Room felt light , smelled great . The bed was a dream

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

• Cozy King Room

You have to pay Daily rate for inroom wifi - ugh.

Great bed - very cool double room with river view

The Mattress was too soft

Location, staff at the W was outstanding

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

NA

Beautiful View!

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

• Cozy King Room

pay for wifi, parking, and breakfast

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

• Wonderful Queen Room

That you had to pay for wifi

The view from the hotel room