Reviews of W Minneapolis - The Foshay 5 stars

821 Marquette Avenue, Downtown Minneapolis, Minneapolis, MN 55402, USA

#13 of 45 hotels in Minneapolis

5.2

When checking in on time (3pm), the staff said our room...
    • Fantastic Suite

When checking in on time (3pm), the staff said our room wasn't ready. They made some calls and said they switched our room to fix the problem. We proceeded to our hotel suite (The Fantastic Suite to be exact) where housekeeping was still changing sheets on the bed. There was also coffee spilled on the desk and papers scattered over the windowsills from the previous guest.

Beautiful hotel great location near target field for...
    • Spectacular King Room

Think it’s a bit expensive not much to do during the day downtown. Parking should be half of 44$. 22$ a night would be good enough. Being Canadian the $ doesn’t help.

Beautiful hotel great location near target field for baseball. Easy to walk to. Friendly staff.

Fun energetic atmosphere.
    • Cool Corner King Room

Hotel lounge/bar isn’t good to work in or even do a few emails, bit dark, low chairs and tables. At night on weekends it’s a very loud nightclub so don’t expect to grab a chilled whisky en route to bed.

Fun energetic atmosphere. Good breakfast and bar.

Bathroom, view and beds are amazing .
    • Spectacular King Room

Unfortunately, WiFi in the room is not included(very outdated) and the prices for the mini bar are way too high.

Bathroom, view and beds are amazing ... Overall really nice Hotel and they are doing a good online Marketing Job ( Email marketing).

The staff was helpful with getting our loaned hotel bikes...
    • Wonderful King Room

The staff was helpful with getting our loaned hotel bikes ready to ride around the city. Having the bikes was an unexpected perk. Room service was excellent!

A very enjoyable stay!
    • Wonderful King Room

After our first night, we went out for the day, and when we returned our room hadn't been cleaned. It was quickly resolved though, and our valet fee was waived as compensation.

Love the location of the property, and the comfort of the room!

I came... I stayed... I went... That is all... nothing more.... nothing less
    • Wonderful King Room

No free parking... No usable refrigerator... No microwave... Things that come with most hotels... and almost every hotel at that price range were not in the room... having to arrange or call for things that should just be there is a pain... And parking don't even get me started

clean room... location... employees

It was a great stay, great staff, nice rooms just a little too steep in price of the room.
    • Wonderful King Room

I didn’t like how they charged over a hundred dollars everyday for a security deposit. I did not like how their resturant was very over priced for the menu in which we it serves. I did not like the value of the room based on the actual room. I paid to much for a bed and shower. Nothing reasonable price wise is accessible. The area was nice but overpriced everything. The room was nice but very basic and nothing was included such as WiFi. It was only a bed and a shower. Nice bed and shower though. The tv package wasn’t the best didn’t even have espn.

I liked the the peace and quiet. I liked the privacy. The staff was nice and very attentive. Great view of downtown. Downtown location made night life very accessible. Wonderful toiletry as well. I loved the shampoo and conditioner as well as the body wash.

We had a wonderful stay! Museum people will love it!
    • Wonderful King Room

The darkly lit elevators made it hard to see!

We loved the historic preservation, the museum, and the observation deck. We also loved how clean our very modern room was. The location was fantastic.

It wasn't as it was summed up to be. I expected more.
    • Wonderful King Room

TV remote not working, had to manually pick channels. No microwave to warm left over food, but plenty of nonsense condiments in a mini fridge to entice a weak pallet, and charge them. Have the basics things first!

The bed was comfortable.

Classy downtown hotel, but crappy parking.
    • Wonderful King Room

Free or discount parking with reservation. I would not have chosen this hotel if they had told me that upfront. You also have to pay $15 to use the Internet.

Staff was nice and the room was clean, comfortable and spacious. Warning... it costs $40 a day to park there. 😳

I am very pleased with my stay. Very romantic. Beautiful all around!!

Prices for parking

I loved the food at Manny's. The hotel was beautiful and I had the best time of my life. I felt welcomed from the I walked in the hotel to the time I left.

Overall it was amazing
    • Wonderful King Room

The bartender downstairs her attitude was very unappreciative an well as the managers.

My room was great an comfy the food was amazing as well as the drinks... our waitress at the bar was GREAT!

Everything was just really impressive. I would definilty recommend the Foshay.
    • Wonderful King Room

The bed could have been softer.

I loved the shower light! I also loved how the the elevator didn't move to certain floors without your card. Everything was just excellent! I love how the hotel is based on whatever/whenever and as much we called down the staff didn't seem irritated.

Nice place, dissatisfied with some of the pricing which didn’t meet the standards.
    • Wonderful King Room

Asked for a high room with a view. Got a room on the 5th floor looking into an office building and a parking ramp. Also our docking station for the iphone did not work.

Great stay but don’t go if you want to sleep
    • Wonderful King Room

LOUD. I was on the second floor and it was dead silent but then 10-2 in the morning was when people would constantly be yelling and screaming and suddenly the rooms walls were paper thin. not the hotels fault but the drunk people’s but little annoying.

The room was huge, clean, connected to the skyway so it was easy getting to our car.

Enjoyable.
    • Cool Corner King Room

The required dress code and no bathroom fan.

I loved the lighting and atmosphere. I really disliked the fact that a dress code was required for the bar on the top floor, yet people can sit and make out. If one can afford to stay at the Foshay, one can enjoy the bar regardless of what they wear as long as it's appropriate!!

Cool place!
    • Spectacular King Room

I didn't like my room didn't have a fridge for me to use. It did have a fridge, but it was filled with drinks that the hotel provided. So if I wanted to use the fridge then I would need to take everything out, but the fridge is too small anyway. The shower kinda sucked bc once you shut the door, the water gets all over the door and then eventually will leak over to the outside of the shower room. TERRIBLE DESIGN! Oh and the DJ that played the music downstairs...the music was not good.

It was a really nice hotel! I love the blue tooth speaker that they provided. I had the "spectacular" room by the way. I also loveedddd the big mirror that was next to my bed.

Fantastic service.
    • Wonderful King Room

Coffee maker in the room was hard to operate.

Fantastic service. I mentioned that we had an anniversary the week of our visit and they brought us truffles and champagne.

The room was really cold.
    • Wonderful King Room

The room was really cold. The room thermostat was cranked right up when I arrived but clearly wasn't working. Was just too tired after a long flight to go back to reception and complain. Shouldn't have to complain about something so basic. The room also needed some love. Stains on the carpets and headboards. The check out staff were fine but couldn't do much to make amends other than give free wifi.

Awesome
    • Cool Corner King Room

cannot think of anything right now

It was a great experience. Loved location to walk to everywhere. Having Mannys and bar right their great. Indoor walkways right there, great. Staff and concierage very helpful.

We won't stay there again.
    • Wonderful King Room

The woman at the front desk was very rude, room was freezing and very dry and towels were very rough.

The 2 men at the front desk were nice after woman was rude and hotel is nice looking.

Cut down to four hours after 900 miles of driving. Never again.
    • Fantastic Suite

Heat wasn’t working in my suite. They brought me a tiny space heater... no offer to switch our rooms. Had to check out after four hours. The man at the front desk was a snob. Very disappointed.

Nice building with great bars and restaurants

Clean, good value, friendly staff and location; too much extra for sale, trying too hard to be hip.
    • Wonderful King Room

I did not appreciate the ubiquity of extra things for sale. It felt like living in an advertisement for alcohol, fancy water, etc. I would rather have nothing for sale. Thirteen dollar internet is absolutely ridiculous for a hotel room well over $100. I also found the attempt to be hip a bit much, with the house music in the background, pink lights, etc. Outside the room, it felt like being in an aspiring club, which clashed with the regal art-deco building and location. The shower valve was fiddly, very little between hot and cold.

Friendly staff, nice location, clean and modern.

Room had a nice view.
    • Wonderful King Room

The parking was terrible. The only parking at the hotel was valet which cost $40. We decided to park in one of the other parking ramps instead. It was $22 for the night but you had to leave your car there-you couldn’t come and go. They need to figure something better out for parking.

Room had a nice view.

Conveniently located.
    • Cool Corner King Room

The parking was exorbitantly expensive. We ended up parking at a garage just around the corner for five dollars a night, and you should too. There was also an incorrect charge on my bill -- they fixed it right away when I called, so it was a minor inconvenience, hut still.

Conveniently located. Room was nice and the bathroom was awesome. There's a nightclub in the lobby, which freaked me out, but our room was very quiet all night!

Our Highly Disappointing Stay at the Foshay!!
    • Cool Corner King Room

We booked our stay, to Ring in the New Year. After reading Great Reviews of the Bars and Restaurants located in the Building. But were Highly Disappointed!!! After booking Our Non Refundable stay we found out the Mannys Restaurant had been out of Reservations for 2 Mo. And after Checking in on New Years, we were informed that only 1 Bar on the Premises would be Open, and that it too was Reserved for a Private Party. And that the 27th floor Observation Deck and Bar would be Closed until Noon the following Day. Which is Check Out time. The whole Experience was a Nightmare! Especially after paying over $700.00 for our one Nite stay. This was by far ...."The Worst Misrepresentation" of a Great Place to stay in Minneapolis! Very Highly Disappointed in this Establishment!! To top it Off, we were asked if we Enjoyed our Complimentary Bottle of Champagne? Which of Course was Never Offered to us at Check In or during the course of the Evening. I would Not Recommend staying at this Establishment to Anyone!!!

For what we paid, it'd be nice to WiFi was included.
    • Wonderful King Room

For what we paid, it'd be nice to WiFi was included. You can get it for free if you become a member of their particular hotel rewards system. For us, staying one night before moving on, it wasn't worth the hassle of joining.

I didnt like that when we checked in the lady at the front...
    • Spectacular King Room

I didnt like that when we checked in the lady at the front dest asked for a card again and when i said are u going to charge me again she said oh no its just for authorisation and she didnt tell me that it was to take the 100 deposit out wich i didnt know about...some people travel on budgets and i wish she would have told me that...i did get the deposit back but it was days later and i noticed the shower had goo around the soap holder...need a toothbrush and scrub that out..it was gross.but overall it was a very fancy place

Very warm and welcoming hotel.
    • Wonderful King Room

First class hotel. We stayed in a Saturday night, the lobby bar was pumping, as well as the Prohibition bar on the 27th floor. Staff are very friendly and professional. Mannys Steakhouse has to be the best steak I’ve ever had.

Magnificent!
    • Wonderful King Room

I do feel as though the room’s WiFi could be provided at no additional charge.

I absolutely loved everything about my stay at the W! I will most definitely be coming back and hope to stay a bit longer to enjoy every amenity offered in this amazing hotel. The room was perfect, the view was quite lovely, and the bed slept like a cloud. I loved the shower as well as the complimentary Bliss toiletry products. I splurged on delicious French press coffee delivered to the room each morning and also endulged in a massage before the fun weekend was over. (Tobias was instrumental in working out the details so a big thank you to him as well)! Looking forward to the next visit!!

Great bed!
    • Wonderful King Room

There's a wooden box thing on the floor by the wet bar that we both tripped over and almost crashed on our faces next to the couch. Stupid thing to have built into a hotel room as it sits directly in front of the window so as you go to look out at the view (which was a brick wall) you almost face plant into the glass. The staff at the front desk we're pretentious and snobby, no one smiled. The valet service was excellent!!

Great bed! Comfortable.

It was perfect for a getaway
    • Wonderful King Room

The bed was super comfy. The hotel staff was very accommodating. It was in a prime location for everything we wanted to do. It was a good get away and time for relaxation.

Comfy bed, Bliss bath products, but wished the bed/t.v. fit in the bathroom!
    • Wonderful King Room

Check in was painfully slow (I arrived at 2:45). There was only 1 attendant and a line, though relatively short, that just didn't appear to move at a reasonable pace. The room was right near the elevators which were noisy as were the hallways with people visiting while waiting to get on/off the elevator. When I got to the hotel I had just learned I would be alone for the evening as my plans had change so I decided to treat myself and upgrade my room since I didn't intend on leaving other than to use the gym and as a birthday treat. The guest attendant who checked me in left me with the impression that my 2x upgraded room would be "much larger" (this is exactly what she said) than what I had originally booked. I was excited! When I got into my room though, I was so disappointed! The room size was much smaller than I expected, with the room upgrade only happening in the bathroom - THAT was large and had beautiful architecture. I had wished my living space was in the bathroom! Tired and not interested in hassling with the guest attendant about my disappointment I let it be until my check-out and at that time asked for the manager to stop by my room to see exactly what I was talking about. He apologized for the misrepresentation of this room and gave me a partial discount off my room upgrade and did not charge me for the bottled water I drank in the room. I accepted his offer, but left feeling like I should have been "wowed" more by management as a first time guest (and I travel to MPLS multiple times/year). I also learned to definitely ask to see the room before agreeing to upgrade charges!

Comfortable bed Beautiful bathroom

I wasn’t sure what I could touch that I wouldn’t be charged for
    • Wonderful King Room

Our bathroom was dirty..there was sticky pop or something on the sink. Everywhere I looked there was a fee for this or a fee for that..no vending..what was in my room for snacks was it unles I brought my own..I don’t like purified water but that was my only option...no free WiFi

The grandure and beautiful features of the building itself.

Nice to stop once for the experience but for the price, it doesn't have the basics
    • Cool Corner King Room

You should not have to pay for wifi. Wifi should be included in cost of room. Breakfast should be included in room cost. Next time I am in Minneapolis I will choose a hotel where wifi and breakfast are included.

Great central location. Wonderful Art Deco building

Wonderful experience!

No complaints!

Great staff! My hubby lost our car keys in the lobby Saturday night and Sunday morning we called down to the desk and within five minutes we received a call from security saying they had our keys. Beyond friendly service. Can't wait to book another room at the W for the holidays!

I loved the atmosphere of the hotel.
    • Wonderful King Room

I loved the atmosphere of the hotel. The decor was really pretty and the bed was comfortable. The staff was super friendly and the whole experience was amazing.

Overall, great!
    • Wonderful King Room

Somewhat of a maze to find your way from the parking garage to the front desk. Could be marked with better signage.

Great room, great location, right in the heart of Minneapolis.

The stay was good
    • Wonderful King Room

Dried toothe paste on the bath room counter. No shampoos or soaps were left in the room. Which makes me wonder if the bathroom was even cleaned

The conservation deck on the 30th floor. Both bars were romantic and inviting

The Art Deco ambience was nice.
    • Wonderful King Room

Water was shut off for maintenance when we first arrived. Room was not available at 5 pm when we checked in and we had to wait several hours. Shower took 20 minutes to heat up. They tried to reimburse our credit card but said they couldn't since we used Booking.com. Beware!

The Art Deco ambience was nice.

The Foshay Tower is a Minneapolis landmark. I salute W hotels for work in historic preservation!
    • Wonderful King Room

I made an error when booking online and forgot to extend one additional day. When I attempted to extend, I was going to lose my original rate. When I attempted to add one additional day separately, the cost was prohibitive, so I had to move to a different site for one night.

A lovely historic building. A jewel!

An older hotel that needs an update in concept.
    • Wonderful King Room

Hotel decor and presentation is very dated...has a 70s feel. Thumping disco music in the dark, dark lobby. A terribly over priced mini bar & exorbitant charge for wifi. A small convenience store room in the front desk area is something I would have used. Even a vending machine on each floor. I stayed 4 nights and went out of my way to "not touch" the very overpriced "extras" in my room. I saw not one other person on my floor during my entire stay.

Spacious corner room with luxurious feel. Super cleanhigh quality linens.

The hotel was very impressive.
    • Wonderful King Room

The parking was too expensive, so I looked elsewhere, which wasn't easy to navigate due to the one way system in the city! I was a little surprised that the Wi-Fi was not complementary but this was addressed by the desk staff.

The hotel was very impressive. Prohibition bar was exceptional. The facilities in the room were very good and it was extremely comfortable.

Nice and eventful
    • Fantastic Suite

They profile mainly black guys who aren't in a suit. Didn't feel welcome at first to me that was not ok.

It was sober best hotel interior I've ever seen

So, I had booked a three night stay at this property via a...
    • Wonderful King Room

So, I had booked a three night stay at this property via a third party booking site. Upon checking in I had asked if I could cut my stay short by one night and if there would be any penalties? I was told by the front desk attendant, Chris, there would not be. I was also told as a Marriott member my WiFi would be complimentary after accepting charges upon log-in. When I checked out, I noticed I was still being billed for the third night. I called the front desk again and a young lady once again assured me, I would be credit. Upon checking my credit card statement, I noticed the charge for the third night was not reversed. I called the hotel to speak with the billing department and was told because the booking was done via a third party, their company policy was to hold me to full three nights. And no reverse on the Wifi charges. They even said, the front desk employee advised me that I would be charged for the full stay. This was an out-and-out lie. As a matter of principle, I will try and dispute this with my credit card company. I travel quite a lot and have had issues where plans had to change and each and every time, the said hotel and their employees have been truthful and forthcoming and stuck to their promises. Sadly, not this property. I can understand and accept any rule however unbending it may be, but I don't appreciate systemic lying. If you plan on staying at this property, buyer beware.

Swank
    • Wonderful King Room

Beautiful corner room swanky furniture and an Nespresso machine for coffee! Big glass shower, big window in the bathroom beautiful deep purple color. Glamorous

not fun at all
    • Spectacular King Room

I was over charged way to much for one night and a tiny room and the skyway was under construction so I had to walk around the building down a elevator and back around the building again to the entrance.

I got over charged way to much for one night and a tiny room and the skyway was under construction so I had to walk around the building down a elevator and back around the building again to the entrance.

A must stay when downtown
    • Wonderful King Room

The parking was $42 a day so it was a bit expensive and the parking garage across the street charged to go in and out so plan affordingly.

Hotel room was very nice and the shower and tub suite was amazing. The bed was comfortable and room was a decent size.

Excellent place to stay!

Nothing I can think of.

We enjoyed every minute of our stay. Everyone we met was very friendly and helpful if we had any questions. Our room was amazing! Very clean and comfortable! We would definitely stay here again!

This location is great - service is unimpressive
    • Wonderful King Room

Service was a beat or two (or twelve) behind what I would associate with a fine hotel. Staff is mostly young and relatively ungracious and their attention to detail is lacking.

This location is great - close to a ton of downtown retaurants and attractions. If you are looking for excellent service, and attention to detail, this may not be the place - if you are a millenial and care more about style and cool factor - this is your ticket.

Poor customer service and I will never stay here again.!!!
    • Wonderful King Room

The guy who check me in friday night charge my card for the stay plus another $142 charge and never said he was.!!..I call 2 days later sunday about charge and spoke with the manager on morning shift she was rude and said he didn't have to tell me that I explain to her if he was charging me for any other cost thing the room he should tell the customer that the manager said no he didn't wow is all I can say... I give customer service here a 0

The

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

The bed was very comfortable and the room was very dark when...
    • Spectacular King Room

There was a very loud group in the room next to us playing loud pounding rap music in the middle of the night. Once we made a call to the front desk the staff immediately send security up to deal with the disruption. After multiple times of the group being non responsive to requests to turn the music down the staff removed them from the premises.

The bed was very comfortable and the room was very dark when the sun rose you could not see any light through the shades.

Stayin' in style
    • Wonderful King Room

Even slow WiFi was not included with the room and was expensive enough to make it a slightly less good of value to stay here. The WiFi I purchased worked fine although it wasn't available in the lobby/restaurant, which was also disappointing.

Very cool hotel. Pillows were soft and perfect. The waitress in their bar area had so much charisma she was distractingly magnetic.

This is by far my favorite hotel in Minneapolis.
    • Fantastic Suite

This is by far my favorite hotel in Minneapolis. Very friendly staff, great rooms, great location. All around great place. I will continue to stay here when I want to stay downtown!

Nice hotel, great restaurant
    • Cool Corner King Room

For an upscale hotel there were little things that bothered me; there was a small water leak from the radiator in the bathroom that constantly left a puddle on the floor. The smallish, non adjustable TV wasn't aimed at the bed or a sitting area but towards the room entrance. The sliding bathroom door was difficult to open and close and some of the cabinet paneling was damaged (warped). None of these factors greatly affected our but I was slightly disappointed overall.

The restaurant was one of the reasons we stayed there as it is one of the best we've ever eaten at. Beds are comfortable. Staff was very pleasant. We used room service once and it was fast. The workout facility isn't extensive but there was more than enough fur our needs. All equipment was clean and in working order. Complimentary water and apples were nice too.

Awesome.

Private parties limited good spots in bars. Almost none after 9

Awesome...staff went out of way and listened to notes I put in .Was showing daughter UOf Minn and the staff had UM blanket on bed as well as cupcakes and Chocolate. Food at Manny's amazing..

Our bed was dirty.
    • Wonderful King Room

Our bed was dirty. We were to our room had a city view, and opened the blinds to find our view to be a brick wall. Our dvd player did not work in room. The bathroom sink would not drain if we washed hands or brushed our teeth. Asked the staff if they could change our room to what I had booked, only for them to downgrade our room again. I also booked my room at $263.00 after tax, only to arrive and be told it was now $320.00 to stay.

Not impressed with the W Foshay
    • Cool Corner King Room

Having a duplicate payment for our stay taken off our card two days after we checked out! This meant that our prepaid credit card was emptied of cash and we had to get a friend to wire us money so that we could pay another hotel bill. This apparently has happened to a few of our friends that have stayed there too. The W Foshay denied it despite it showing on our statement. Our booking in and out days were also wrong and twice we had our room keycard deactivated, which led to me being trapped in the lift. Our room was serviced once in the five nights we were there. We won't stay there again.

The bed and pillows were the best I've ever slept in. The staff were very friendly and the room a decent size

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

Bad Service. Badgering sales tactics. Overall a bad experience.
    • Wonderful King Room

We arrived late at night, tired after a long flight. The concierge asked us if we had a preference for a higher floor, or a lower floor. When we told him higher, he tried to upsell us and offered a room on a mid-level floor for $40 per night more. I declined and said I was tired and just wanted the room I paid for. He then offered a room 7 floors down for $20 more per night. I again declined, asked for the room I paid for, and emphasized that I was tired and wanted to get to the room as soon as possible. He persisted, offering a room for $10 more per night before finally giving us a room on the 3rd floor for the price we paid for. They clearly had multiple open rooms that night and could've given us a room on a higher level without losing money - since I'm sure we were some of the last people to check in for the night. They didn't care about our satisfaction though, only our extra money. What was more upsetting was that they had no regard for my fatigue and desire to just go to bed. They kept me up so that they could give me sales pitch, after sales pitch, after sales pitch. It was so offputting. The room they gave us was okay. It definitely didn't stand out as a good deal, or a special experience. Everything in the room cost extra money as well. I'm used to paying for a mini-bar - but the things they charged for were excessive. For example, they had multiple different brands of bottled water placed throughout the room. There were no price tags on them, but only some of them were free and others cost a fairly high price. The only way you could find out which ones were booby-trapped, was to find a small card in a random spot in the room that listed water prices. Also, when we ordered room service, we were surprised to find out that our bill was about 20% more than we expected.

Nice location. Trendy hotel.

Wanted to stay there due to history, however won't return for another visit.
    • Wonderful King Room

Lobby too dark. Having to pay $100.00 beforehand for incidentals. Music very loud in lobby. Noisy hallway outside of room. Too much liquor/bar area.

Interesting historical site. Nice closet space. Comfortable bed. Helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

The Foshay is the place to stay!
    • Wonderful King Room

The pricing of deep and drinks was an issue, but it is a very nice hotel in downtown Minneapolis...so it was somewhat to be expected.

The modern feel and vibe were fantastic! Next stay we will definitely be doing the two on site bars! The free cocktail at check-in was a great touch!

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

The massage I got was great.
    • Wonderful King Room

WiFi was not included with the room and the daily rates were high for something that is included most places. It was also difficult to schedule an appointment with the spa. There is only a page of information in the hotel book and no regular attendant.

The massage I got was great. There was a champagne reception in the lobby for a while on Friday which was fun. The ambiance was great.

The Foshay was a great place for our 18th anniversary.
    • Cool Corner King Room

Drink prices were high, which I suppose I should have expected.

I loved the art deco style. The room, while not spacious, featured a very cool walk-in shower, beautiful design and a large King-sized bed. We had a great corner room that afforded us a nice view of downtown Minneapolis. The downtown lounge/bar was spectacular. The 27th floor Prohibition Bar was truly a decadent experience.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

W, great location in downtown Mpls. The observation deck is awesome!
    • Cool Corner King Room

Loud music in the entry making hard to hear at the check in desk. One of the bathroom drinking glasses was dirty.....crusted over toothpaste inside. Hand towels and was clothes had yellow stains marks. Elevators too complicated. I realize this is for security purposes!

Great hotel, not so great service
    • Wonderful King Room

The service wasn't the greatest. I expected a littlest more hospitality. My husband and I were celebrating our birthdays and had requested a few items when we booked, but they were overlooked. The elevator was noisy and we could hear lots of hallway noise - but the bed was so comfy it didn't really matter ;) Housekeeping came in the morning and we let them know we'd check out at noon. When we were getting out of the shower (sorry tmi) housekeeping came into our room... uhh... thankfully we had latched the door. That should never happen at a hotel like this! We let the staff know at checkout and they just said "sorry" and moved on. Not the best was to get a customer to return. I don't think we'll be staying at the W Minneapolis again!

The location is fantastic, right downtown Minneapolis. We were able to park our car for a few bucks on the street nearby. The ambiance is very chic and sexy, great for couples! The room was great, sweet bathroom, nice robes, slippers and toiletries. Enjoyed the Nespresso. The bed was heavenly, and the pilllows perfect. Nice natural light and view of the city! Close to restaurants and cafés.

it was fine
    • Wonderful King Room

doormen watching me pull a suitcase and open the door by myself, lack of cab access (walked to the next hotel to get one), the front desk is past the elevators, so it felt as though i was coming and going from an apartment rather than a hotel ( ie no greetings)...not a problem, just odd. the place looks like its trying hard to be cool and no one is noticing.

good location...a short walk across the street to get tea, no difficulty checking in or out, beautiful restoration of the building

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

Everything from the overall facility and gracious staff to...
    • Wonderful King Room

Everything from the overall facility and gracious staff to the Livingroom Lounge. Plush, large, pamper yourself rooms. Beautifully decorated, delightful pillows. I adore nice hotels and this one ranks at the top of my list.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

Best rooftop view of downtown.
    • Cool Corner King Room

You need a room key for the elevator which can be fussy.

Beautiful hotel. Upbeat and modern on the inside. Fun place to stay on a night out. Best quality is n Minneapolis for the price. The rooftop view is amazing. I also enjoyed the history told about the foshay building that the W is located in that I found there the little free museum. There is a small prohibition bar on one of the upper levels as well with a nice view. The rooms are very hip and the showers are amazing. For a bite to eat keys cafe is connected from the inside which has great food as well.

Sort of ok
    • Wonderful King Room

Very small room, bed was just ok. Parking was horrible. They have valet but it's crazy expensive.

The building is unique and historic so we liked that. Great location.

there was some trash still in waste basket in bathroom from...
    • Spectacular King Room

there was some trash still in waste basket in bathroom from before we got there. The properties historic value and beauty is somewhat degraded with an outdated/techno feel.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

Fantasticly modern, borderline futuristic Hotel.
    • Wonderful King Room

Spending time in the small room began to make me a little stir crazy. This wasn't the fault of the W as the snowstorm had essentially made exploration of the city a bit of a no go. There were listed activities in the hotel brochure but all seemed a little steep for the time to fun ratio.

The W Minneapolis was a thoroughly modern chic experience. Walking through the coloured lobby different lights shone reds yellows oranges in a sort of neo noir vibe reminiscent of blade runners futuristic vision of LA. The staff were friendly and pointed me to the large elevator and ushered me upto my room. A quaint room with a large bed overlooking the city. The view on a snowy Sunday in March was like a white blanket of purity. I was very content.

Love the look, didn't love all the fees
    • Wonderful King Room

When booking, I forgot that the W charges -- $12.95! -- for a day of internet. In these days of free wifi most everywhere, that's simply too much. Also the room drinks and snacks, available for purchase, are more expensive than most places: $9 for a small bag of cashews? Is there a diamond inside one of them?

Few places compare in style like the W. I always love the look of W hotels & the location [and upstairs bar] of the Minneapolis W are ideal.

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

Would never stay there again
    • Wonderful King Room

You have to pay for the internet and parking. After paying so much for a nice hotel rom these are amenities that should be included. My god I could have stayed at the comfort inn and they would be included

Fancy hotel

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

Great Atmosphere! Great Views!
    • Wonderful King Room

Construction noises(in the room) very early morning on a Saturday were very unwelcome. We really splurged for the hotels/dining as we were celebrating an anniversary. Bummed that the staff glossed over it when we were checking out. Overall great experience. Just bad taste after leaving.

Browse W Minneapolis - The Foshay traveller photo gallery