Reviews of Le Méridien New Orleans 4 stars

333 Poydras Street, Downtown New Orleans, New Orleans, LA 70130, USA

#69 of 148 hotels in New Orleans

This hotel was amazing!

Nothing to comment

This hotel was amazing! Wonderful staff. The rooms were so clean and the bed was so comfortable. We will definitely be back. Perfect area too.

3 star hotel in disguise
    • Classic King Room

The property was extremely run down, especially since this chain is one you can typically count on to be exceptional. The hallways smelled and were really outdated, the pool was tiny and not particularly nice. It just seemed like a 3 star hotel.

The location was good.

Clean and good location, Some rooms overpriced
    • Urban Corner King Room

I had to pay $5.50 for a glass of milk...really????? Urban room with views have windows so high you can't see out of them unless you stand on the couch. The other window was behind a post and looked at another building. Don't pay extra for the "view" it doesn't have one. Pulling in to check in and park your car is difficult. The area is very small and I had to circle the black a few times for enough space to open up to pull in off the street. There were a lot of cars sitting there waiting to be brought to valet parking.

The room were clean and the bathroom is spectacular.

Good but could be better
    • Classic King Room

on arrival we discovered that our reservation was cancelled because we were 1 night late, despite the fact that I already called and informed the staff that our flight was cancelled and we we'll miss the first night. we were lucky because the night manager was very helpful and made her best to check us in. the second problem is that I spent 3 days after check-out trying to get a receipt for total stay expenses; I am not sure why it was difficult, maybe because my reservation was cancelled in the first place!. After involving booking.com, they sent me the receipt I requested. Other than the mentioned problems, we enjoyed our stay, the staff are nice, the food was delicious and our room was clean and well decorated. We also liked the location

Great Hotel, would definitely stay again
    • Classic King Room

Car parking, no choice but to valet park and it's expensive

Great location, out of the craziness of New Orleans but only a short walk to everything.

• Classic King Room

Room was worst I have ever stayed in. Small bathroom that had to work around the door to exit shower, no lights, room wasn’t not serviced 2 out of 5 days. Wouldn’t even add my frequent user code. Horrible.

We travel to nola 3-4 times per year- there are too many other hotels that provide better service an
    • Classic King Room

The pool was closed 2 out of the 3 days we stayed. Closed for “private” functions. We booked this hotel based on the pictures of your pool on the website. I also find $5.50 for a bottle of soda - ridiculous. Staff-not super friendly.

Nice and comfortable.
    • Classic Double Room

The room was small, I had to request towels upon check-in, the ones in my room were dirty.

The bed was comfortable. Kevin C. was professional and provided exceptional customer service. Darrin Holmes provided exceptional customer service, he shipped my items that I left in my room.

Room was clean
    • Classic King Room

Room not ready- never sent email that stated room was ready- when came back after 6:00 pm they said room was ready and never apologized for not sending email

Room was clean

Could've been better
    • Classic King Room

After spending $300 on a room, having to spend an additional $50 on parking is absolutely ridiculous. I've stayed at Harrah's which is across the street and they don't charge their customers to park. I'll probably not stay here again.

The room was nice.

Staff here are great.
    • Classic King Room

Breakfast was Awful for the $$$$ Eggs were raw (Undercooked) and the ham was burned (overcooked) Best part of my breakfast was the water. Got text notification on my phone while in the elevator on the way up to my room that my Credit card had been charged $150 by The Meridian. I had paid in full for the room 2 months in advance so this was confusing. Turned out it was a hold on my card incase I used room service or took anything from the mini bar. I suggest you inform guests you are going to do this before they check in. Made me think I was being double charged for my stay until someone explained it to me. But the first guy I asked at the desk didn't even know why they'd put a hold on the $150. He had to get his manager to explain.

Staff here are great. Very helpful and friendly. *****

Fantastic few days in this fascinating city
    • Classic King Room

Only the lack of self parking on site. Valet parking is expensive (though typical of hotels in the area) so we used one of the many public lots in easy walking distance.

All staff encountered were friendly and helpful. Nice sized room and good shower. Lifts were fast and frequent, important as we were on 21st floor.

Loby design and location and fast check out
    • Superior King Room

Grumpy front desk employee during checking in. Garbage of the previous guest was still there. Stay away from lower floors as it can get very loud all night.

Loby design and location and fast check out

Great location, attentive staff, friendly atmosphere
    • Classic Double Room

Pillows were a little too fluffy

Staff was friendly and attentive from the start. Lawrence was kind enough to take the time to sit down and show my friend and I a map of the New Orleans area and recommend some great sights to see. They assisted with holding our bags after checking out due to a later flight and were ready to answer any questions we had.

I got there early and I expected to check in and wait till...
    • Classic King Room

I got there early and I expected to check in and wait till my room was ready. Check in time is 3:00 but I was given my key card and told my room was ready at 11:00.

Hope they do a better job of training their staff. Guess I’ll find out next time.

Small and stupid things were off-putting. Everyday housekeeping removed the unused portion of the shampoo, body wash and soap, but didn’t replace them. Instead they left something else. By the fourth day I had three bottles of conditioner and one lotion. No soap. No shampoo. There was confusion for morning coffee. The first day... I had to get a coffee coupon from the front desk, but the coffee girl didn’t ask for it. The second and third day the barista gave me my coffee without question. The fourth day I was asked for a coupon. Unfortunately these stupid annoyances are what one remembers.

Hotel, location, and value... all good. I’d stay there again.

Y’all got the buck but we didn’t get the bang
    • Classic King Room

Maid didn’t clean room until 5:00, then she put a dirty sheet on the bed, had to call service for another sheet and she didn’t have clean towels in the bathroom.. had to wait another 20mins for someone to bring us clean towels.

Very comfy bed, great location, friendly staff.
    • Classic King Room

Room was very dark and could have used another lamp. Window was dirty. Did not like the perfumed air in lobby.

Very comfy bed, great location, friendly staff. Would stay here again! Room was modern and clean.

Room wasn't ready til 3 hours after check in.
    • Classic Double Room

Room wasn't ready til 3 hours after check in. overbooked. was given a room that wasn't the type that was booked. not enough beds because of it

Nice location.
    • Classic Double Room

They overbooked and had no double rooms left. I had previously paid in full for 2 double (4 beds total) rooms sleeping 8 total people. They charged my card immediately upon booking. When we arrived, we waited 3 hours and were repeatedly lied to as they kept saying “your rooms are being cleaned”. Finally they admitted that had overbooked and they didn’t have any double rooms left. Thus, we had to downgrade to 2 single rooms (2 total beds) for 8 people. People had to sleep on the ground since they didn’t have cots. Incredibly unprofessional and unprepared for a New Years Eve weekend and a College Football Playoff game. We were also falsely charged for food to our room that we never ordered nor are. Valet parking was $50 a day.

Nice location. Pretty rooms with nice bathrooms.

Great Location to be away from the French Quarter.
    • Urban Corner King Room

One pillow (down) smelled like wet duck. horrid smell. It is a pet friendly hotel. but the hallway leading up to the room smelled like dog. I unfortunately am allergic to dander. Reception area could have been a bit more on the ball when checking in. All in All OK but not for almost 400 a night.

Bed was satisfactory. Our corner king room was a very nice size. I like the location.

Bad turned out great
    • Classic Double Room

When I first arrived, I had requested a double room. I was traveling with my father in-law and the front desk manger tried to put us in a king bedroom. She told us she could have a roll-away brought up to the room. I told her that was not acceptable. She then said that was all that was available. I was very upset. We went ahead and checked in anyway. We got to the room and began to get settled in and the front desk manager called and offered another complimentary king room for my father-in-law. We accepted and he moved into the additional room. That was very nice of them to make that offer but it could have been done when we first arrived. In the end we really enjoyed our stay and will stay again.

Most of the staff were wonderful and the location.

Fine for the time there
    • Classic Double Room

Didn't like the fridge doesn't get cold. So medicine I had to get cooler and bag of ice. To keep meds cold. And the air didn't work right and made noise. And no free breakfast or drink, for the amount of the cost the rooms are. Had to ask for more towels and odor in room.

that it was in a good location. And the staff were very helpful.

Àlright for now..
    • Classic King Room

Didn't change sheets daily. And didn't leave enough towels. And no microwave in room. And the refrigerator downtown stay cold...

The staff very helpful and friendly.

4.5
    Not Good
    • Classic King Room

Our room had a roach in the room and the management said that we were in New Orleans and we should expect that. I do not think that he should have said that. We were moved into a room that was not what I asked for. I would like to be compensated for the inconvenience.

My stay was amazing. The location and the property made it ok having an arly night
    • Classic King Room

As usual upon arrival I received a very welcoming New Orleans welcome. The staff ,the facilities , and the location. NEED I SAY MORE ? The Le Méridien speaks for itself.

Great city and a great place to stay
    • Classic King Room

Rooms had everything you could need, bed very comfortable and a good shower. The staff were nice and helpful. Also, the location is great, not too close to the action that noise is an issue, but a short walk from all the great sites. Furthermore, even though it was Bayou Classic weekend, noise was kept to a minimum.

Great location, good vibes.
    • Classic King Room

The room was clean, but under the sink it was very dusty, as well as the bottles and chips over the fridge. However i had a great time and i would strongly suggest it for next trip in NoLa.

Great location, nice environment, big and comfortable room.

Good location for a short stay in New Orleans.
    • Classic King Room

Bed was difficult to make property, also rooms were not cleaned each day and shampoo, coffee, etc were not replaced.

Good location close to good restaurants and close enough to the French quarter.

the location of the hotel is across the street from...

The parking any place downtown sucks. The parking here was $50/ night. We parked across the street at Harrah's. If you gamble for 30 minutes with a Harrah's card, parking is free.

the location of the hotel is across the street from harrah's casino near convention center. The rooms were nice size with soft beds. The bathroom had a beautiful shower. The staff was friendly and check in was fast and easy

Never staying there again.
    • Classic King Room

The hotel was full of dogs. They barked all night. Couldn't sleep and no discount was provided for the inconvenience. Waste of money and a nights' sleep.

Great location, friendly staff.
    • Classic King Room

parking expensive - after 2 days we decided to park it ourselves in the (outside) lot in front of hotel. Little problem with housekeeping who forget to clean our room 3 out of 5 nights, but same was dealt with by the manager in a very professional manner.

Perfect location, near French quarter (10 min walk). modern. Very friendly & helpful staff. bar has outside patio.

Loved this hotel!
    • Classic King Room

We had someone check in to the room next to us our second day and they were very loud and abnoxious. The staff did come up in the middle of the night to try and quote them down.

This hotel is very clean and updated nicely. The staff was great.

Cleanliness of the room, modern amenities, crisp clean...
    • Classic King Room

No parking-valet only was not mentioned during booking!

Cleanliness of the room, modern amenities, crisp clean smell& carpet, pleasantness of the staff who accommodated my request for room on higher floor, so quiet, very relaxing w/ giant flat screen!

Beautiful hotel but would never stay there again.
    • Classic Double Room

I didn't like the fact that the rooftop pool party was cancel and there were no refund given to my 5 friends who brought tickets just to celebrate another friend's birthday .The ticket were brought the day of the event( which meant they were selling tickets for a cancel event) When it was brought to the staff manager it was like sorry but it's nothing I can do. I explained to her the reason for renting the room was so we could enjoy my friend birthday at the pool and not have to drive home. I fell like my friends and I were scamed.

The room was great. The staff was okay. Clean facility.

• Classic Double Room

The service. We were given the smallest room when we explained we would be the 3 of us and reserved and paid for 3 people. A panel in the room fall on my spouse which was not a good experience. Poor service, I will not come back.

Would recommend if anyone asked!
    • Classic King Room

The tv did't work well. It listed about 30 channels, actually got 5 and fuzzed out constantly. For a New Orleans hotel to not get the Weather Channel when a hurricane is coming is poor.

The bed was great. The hairdryer was a good one. The staff was friendly. Great location! Right in the middle of everything and lots of transportation options.

Overall my stay was good!
    • Classic King Room

I didn't like the room service because they tossed my food without me finishing it. Then tried to make me pay for it again. However did they make it right but then the food was horrible. Anyway. Stay away from room service. Lots of local restaurants nearby.

The location of the hotel was excellent. Across the street from Harrahs and RuthChris steakhouse. It was within a mile from canal street. Perfect for me because I don't like for the streets to be crowded and busy.. Hotel was very accommodating but room service sucked!

Over all. To much money and not enough room or accommodations
    • Urban Corner King Room

The waiting time was long to check in and park. Really didn't like having to park across the street and I met my wife at the hotel so had to pay for 2 vehicles . And for the money I paid for the room. It was small and the bathroom was small. For damn near 200.00 bucks I thought I was getting a lot more. Then you all charge for everything. Paying that kinda money for that small room we could have at least got parking included

The hotel had a nice look to it

Great location near river, shopping and close to French...
    • Classic Double Room

Great location near river, shopping and close to French Quarter with the space offered by the business district. Reasonable rates and friendly staff everywhere

Bring extra cash!

The difference between the room rate and what I actually ended up paying was quite significant. I am used to taxes and room fees being added but when it is a $70 difference per night it is quite unacceptable.

Decor from the lobby to the room was great.
    • Superior King Room

Bed was a tad too soft. Lobby/bar area could have been quieter. Pool was a lot smaller than pics let on.

Decor from the lobby to the room was great. Bathroom was spotless and chic! Love those Malin + Goetz products.

NOT WORTH YOUR MONEY!!!!!!!

After all of that my sister who has a 7mth old baby was put in a room next to someone who had a dog who barked all night because the owner( to the dog) left them alone in the room the whole night. Had to call the front desk four times before they sent someone up to retrieve the dog at 2:00am. None of the rooms have a refrigerator in them even though you are promised one and there are no microwaves or ways to heat up you food. You have to specially ask for one. WiFi is limited to only 5 devices anything more is $15.00 more a night. Our toilet was broken and wouldn't flush urine when we got in the room. If you do not have the $45.00 to park every night there is absolutely no where else anywhere to park for less unless your willing to park far away. My uncle drove us and picked us up the first night, my husband walked over 6 blocks the second and we paid the last night, and prices go up on the weekends. They tell you none of this at all when you call, and like I said we reserved and paid in full 4 mths in advanced. There is no free breakfast. It was just a nightmare. If you are a simple person like I found out I am, then this hotel is not for you. If you like paying for the idea of a person being to your beacon call but not really just the idea, or for services you have no intention on using then it is. But if you are simple and like free parking, free breakfast, free wifi, a refrigerator and microwave in you room. To get the size beds you pay for, (fyi- there are no rooms with two king size beds even though they tell u that's what u are buying!!! They are not king.) If u like a room that you can get in and out of without a fuss just cause someone thought it would be cut to put the door at an angle!? Then go with a hotel you know like the holiday inn, or best western, or whatever cause this is not the hotel for you I promise you will be so disappointed. I was definitely disappointed and so wanted a refund on my money.

I did not like it. It was over rated. A lot of money for such little service. There was no parking, if you want to park it's $45.00 a night. There is a 150 dollar cash deposit for each room that they do not tell you about when you call to confirm resevations, even if you pay for everything up front months in advanced. We had to wait several hours for our second room to be ready even though we were promised a check in time of 3 oclock. We got two rooms 4 mths in advanced, drove 9 hrs. And still it wasn't ready till after 7pm. Only because someone richer payed to stay a few hrs more, so they were treated better then us and it didn't matter what we paid. And that was only the beginning of our awful weekend it didn't get any better. See below for the rest.

Very comfortable room, everything was clean but above and...
    • Classic King Room

There was no parking available at the hotel, you either have to valet, which we did, or find parking somewhere else. The bedding here is European style which means no top sheet. We had to call down for one because we were too warm with just the comforter.

Very comfortable room, everything was clean but above and beyond that, everyone we came in contact with was so friendly

Great place to stay downtown
    • Classic Double Room

Valet is $50 and there is no street parking available nearby.

I loved the hot tea selection and how accommodating the staff was. I accidentally booked for the wrong weekend and the manager was great in finding a room for my son and I.

Nice place but lacking a few customer service skills
    • Classic King Room

My Tv was broken for 3 days and they kept saying it was because they were changing providers. It wasn't until I said I am paying a lot for this room did they replace the TV. I called for Bottled Water and it never came. They only replaced the toiletries a couple times not everyday.

Over all, I would stay here again unless I wanted to swim
    • Classic King Room

The pillows aren't really that comfortable The pool looks much bigger in the photos,but it's not big at all. It only can fit like 5 or 6 people

The bed was wonderful. The staff was helpful and polite. The location was perfect, it around the center of everything

One day stay
    • Classic King Room

There was a foul order coming from the drain in my bathroom. The room service food I ordered was overly salty, and the wings were undercooked and the wrong sauce was applied.

The interior design of the hotel is lovely. I also liked the size of the room I chose.

Great atmosphere.
    • Classic King Room

It seemed like our room would never cool off which in July was not good. Also, our room really needed to be dusted.

Great atmosphere. Comfy beds. Amazing staff and bartenders. Happy hour was great. Loved the location.

Can't wait to come back!!!!

All was amazing.

They treated us like family. Always polite and smiled. They were amazing. We never had to ask for anything. We were on our honeymoon.

MY stay in NOLA
    • Classic King Room

I didn't like having to pay for wi-fi and how thin the walls are.

The first person to greet me before I could even enter the hotel was Kevin who was extra gracious and attentive. He displayed the utmost professionalism and clearly has exemplary customer service skills. Throughout my stay he advised me on where to go and what to do around NOLA. Another person i would like to recognize and commend is Darrien (the bartender) . For obvious reasons he was another favorite but I witnessed him defuse an inebriated customer using great judgement with the utmost professionalism. He kept his cool and refused to keep serving this patron who was severely inappropriate.

Chic & Quiet and a nice distance from the party in the Quarter
    • Classic King Room

Although the hotel was so quiet, completely lovely...there wasn't much reason to stay and enjoy the chic setting. There wasn't a soul in the restaurant. That's ok though, there is a whole happening city just outside the door. One legit complaint...the parking fee is way too high. There is parking just a 1/2 block away for a fraction of the price. Also if you have a truck, be prepared to pay extra, as they are considered extra large.

Every location on site was extremely quiet: the pool, bar, check-in, and the room. The check in staff was very professional and friendly, as well. The décor was chic and functional. Nice hot shower...The only eating we did was desserts from the restaurant-delicious!

When i do return to New Orleans, i will not stay at the Le Meridian again.
    • Classic King Room

Parking cost an extra $50.00 a day. The hotel doesnt have a hot tub. The pool is extremely small so there can be no real swimming when others are in the pool. The carpet in the room had many stains. My key card stopped working multiple times and i had to walk to the front desk with only my swim shorts on to get my access reset (not a comfortable feeling when the lobby is full). The decor was extremely outdated.

The property is close to all activities. The workout room is really nice.

best location and great hotel and service
    • Classic Double Room

location, location!!! Very helpful and friendly staff!! Directly across the street from the casino and very close to Canal St. and River St. streetcar stops. Very nice bar with music and lovely restaurant with a big back lobby. Every aspect could not have been nicer. Will definitely stay here again if ever in New Orleans. Thank you for making our visit so welcoming!!

New Orleans Short and sweet
    • Superior King Room

This location is prime for those that do not want to experience New Orleans but not be in the heart of Bourbon Street. It is close to so much and walking distance from most places. We loved it

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Read the details before booking
    • Classic King Room

Going to New Orleans, we expected to pay for parking. Le' Meridian's website reflected 2 different prices for valet parking online, one site said $42 daily...one site said $45 daily, which I called to verify...but upon arrival they told us it was $50 daily. Very misleading, and then when we checked out and valet brought our car back, our tire had an air leak in it. The hotel tries to be very modern, but in doing this, the rooms are not very comfortable, also I found the bed to be hard. The rooftop pool is small, but we were so busy in the city we didn't worry with it. They also pre-authorize your card for a $100 damage fee, which is supposed to be returned after checkout. These rooms are not ideal if you have children because there is a mini-bar and snack tray sitting open on top. The snack tray is rigged so if you even pick something up off of it your room is charged for that item. This is a nice hotel, but it seemed nothing is included in the booking price, including no free WiFi unless your an spg member.

I liked the location of the hotel, just a few minutes walk away from cafe Du Monde. The hotel was clean, but the hallways were very dark.

Weekend Getaway.
    • Classic King Room

The hotel did not provide internet for the guests. They wanted to charge for access which I believe they should offer as a part of the room package. In addition, the cost of valet parking was too high. I also didn't like that the hotel left snacks in the room but charged and exorbitant amount for them. If you want people to purchase these items, at least price them reasonably. There was no safe in my room, which should be offered at all hotels and we had a small refrigerator but it did not get very cold. To be fair, the bellboy informed us of this when we were brought up to our room.

The room was comfortable and roomy. We had a view of the pool. Room service was accommodating and friendly.

Concierge was outstanding.
    • Classic King Room

2 of the 5 days my room wasn't cleaned until like 6PM. I had to ask 2-3 times for things I asked for at the front desk - follow-up was poor.

Concierge was outstanding. Overall the property is nice. Good location.

hotel was ok
    • Classic King Room

Free coffee, cheaper valet parking, and ice boxes in the room people come to the city to try different foods but no where to store left overs.

valet parking prices were very high for someone who is a guess at the hotel. I didn't drink the coffee due to the high price. The staff was very friendly but had a problem with the shower in my room I had to ask them twice to get the problem fixed.

Probably will go somewhere else just for less of a headache
    • Classic Double Room

had to pay for wifi, rude customer service staff at the beginning from (Delani). The manager and the others were great in accommodating for this inconvenience.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

It was our 49th wedding anniversary and the staff was so...
    • Classic King Room

It was our 49th wedding anniversary and the staff was so accommodating and cordial. We needed assistance with printing out our boarding pass and Christian was very patient and helpful . Our stay was perfect due to the friendly, professional, & hospitable staff.

the general manager was credit to hotel went more than the...
    • Executive Corner Suite

the reception need to realise that customers pay their wages and not to be stand office . kept me waiting well over one hour for my room , but kept saying next ten minutes which lasted over the hour never offered us a drink of coffee or tea

the general manager was credit to hotel went more than the extra mile we forgot some things and he had them forwarded on great service

They have excellent customer service.
    • Classic King Room

They have excellent customer service. The staff members were very friendly. My wife forgot her wallet in the hotel and they delivered it via fed ex To us. Everything in her wallet was still in tact. I would highly recommend this hotel based on friendliness and honesty.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

Great place to stay, practically in the French Quarter
    • Classic King Room

Parking was expensive, but in line with prices in the neighborhood.

Everything was first class, from a very comfortable bed, excellent river view, very helpful staff, location in the center of New Orleans' attractions and next to the French Quarter, to a great breakfast.

Perfect Hotel in NOLA - Stay Here Every Time!
    • Classic King Room

Honestly, this is a hotel I'd stay at every visit to New Orleans, whether for work or for play - so there's nothing I didn't like about the hotel.

Beds are super comfy and the location is honestly one of the most ideal in NOLA. A short walk to the French Quarter, and a location without the noise = perfect for business travel and pleasure.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

Lovely to look at but . . .
    • Classic King Room

Bathroom and shower layout is horrendous, bed and bath linens are stiff and scratchy, temperature of room is difficult to control.

Very friendly staff

Friendly staff very helpful
    • Classic King Room

Buffet was mediocre for the price. Bathroom was too small and overall everything was dark. Hallways,bathroom and room didnt have enough lighting.

Desk staff and valets were awesome

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

Check your bill thoroughly.
    • Classic Double Room

There were no draws in the room, (22nd floor), so nowhere to put your clothes. We ended up removing the food items on the minibar onto the floor to make room. We didn't realise that automatically charged us. When we went to checkout, we were charged for room service that we did not have and we were also charged the full room rental instead of what had been agreed with booking.com. We sorted this out whilst the taxi shuttle was waiting outside to take us to the airport.

The bed was very comfortable

The Ups and Downs of Le Meridien
    • Classic King Room

During our stay we had to get four different room keys because they would never work. Very inconvenient at midnight when you are trying to get in your room. Even more so when you just drove 8 hours and you are holding all your baggage trying to get settled for the night.

The Valet were very friendly, great reception after driving a long way.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

We had a great time and will return to this excellently located, good value hotel.

We waited more than an hour for our room. To compensate, we were given free drink tickets. When we did finally get to our room, the sink in the bathroom didn't work. We waited another 30 minutes, then had to leave. The staff moved us, upgraded our room, and then comped the room. As I said, they did everything they could. I will return.

The staff was very busy but did everything they could to make us comfortable.

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

The Le Meridien is Excellent Spot for Entertainment
    • Classic King Room

The size of the bathroom was a little uncomfortable plus no tub only shower...but I loved the decor and cleanliness

The location was excellent... and the staff were very nice!!!

I would choose the Westin, Pelham, Hilton, and Harrah's first.
    • Classic King Room

We were only supplied with Decafe Coffee in our room. The room cost was over the top. I'm just a little too old to enjoy their art deco. The Bathroom is VERY small. The entrance to the Hotel is very uncomfortable., and so is the lobby.

Bed was perfect. Window view perfect. The bathroom was very clean. The Hotel's people were very polite.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

Great stay Le Meridien but too expensive!
    • Classic King Room

Breakfast was too expensive for amount of food and I tipped the waitress not realizing gratuity was already added to the bill!

Bed was amazing and great Location, close to everything!

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

The staff are of varying levels of knowledge and...
    • Classic King Room

The staff are of varying levels of knowledge and friendliness. When I checked in, I was not informed about the 4-7pm happy hour, but my colleagues who checked in later with a different front desk staff were. A staff suggested calling the front desk to have a taxi pull in since my departure time was quite early in the morning. But when I called that morning, another staff told me to just come down. But there were no taxis around. Nobody was around the front desk either. Room service was overall ok, but they never refilled the coffee packets in the room.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

Overall good stay, spacious room, very comfortable bed. Bar staff great. Breakfast service poor.
    • Classic King Room

Breakfast service poor- waited at least 20 minutes to get served, drinks took 10-15 mins (tea and coffee) and then the same again to get our food which was quite expensive considering all the local places nearby had much better food for much less, therefore we only ate at the hotel one morning! Room didn't get cleaned on one day after we asked them to come back a bit later, and on arrival no soap/shampoo etc in the bathroom.

Bed very comfortable. Bar staff very friendly. Appearance of the hotel very nice and the door staff extremely helpful and welcoming. Hotel within easy walk of Mardi Gras parades.

Browse Le Méridien New Orleans traveller photo gallery