Reviews of W New York - Times Square 5 stars

1567 Broadway, New York, NY 10036, USA

#281 of 415 hotels in New York

6.1

First time in this hotel but not the first time at a W hotel where the service standard is way above this hotel as well as the bathroom cleanliness. One receptionist was very rude to me when he could have easily been more polite as typical of hotels such as the W. Beware, there is a lot of noise even in high floors, as the windows are not double glazed which is quite a surprize given the high traffic location of the hotel.

Nothing in particular.

• Wonderful Two Doubles

Property had a little more wear & tear than expected. I expected cleaner and less run-down fixtures & furnishings in a W Hotel. Our first room was dirty and cabinet doors were broken off. (Staff did move us to a cleaner room and discounted our 1st night for the inconvenience, which was very nice!) Our second room had cracked glass on the dresser. Both bathrooms had rusty fixtures. Tile floors were extremely scuffed and nicked up. Minor things overall, mostly cosmetic, but I was expecting a little nicer.

Staff was very friendly & attentive! Location is great if wanting a hotel in Time Square. Room was quiet & had a great black out shade to make the room dark since Time Square is never really dark. The "Living Room" area was nice & comfortable- drinks were good!

• Spectacular Two Doubles

It was not very clean and some of the staff were unhelpful. The windows were very dirty and made the view a disappointment.

The location was excellent.

• Cool Corner King Times Square View

The staff was amazing . The location was the best. I stayed in a corner room right in front of time square. I had the best view . I will definitely be back

• Wonderful King

The team was under all criticism. I ordered two rooms, and went out by mistake with two keys of one room. When I asked for a key to the second room and explained that I had come out with two identical keys, they refused to return the keys I had brought without identifying me in a room with a passport. Simple humiliation !!!

The location is excellent, the rooms are great. Clean and pleasant

• Fantastic King Suite

The rooms were a bit noisy at night due to air conditioning. Also would have loved tea/coffee making facility in room.

The position is exceptional and the customer service exceeded my expectations! Always a friendly smile and willingness to make my stay as memorable as possible.

• Spectacular Two Doubles

I was supposed to get a 2 drink credit on my credit card but did not yet......they may add it as I just sent an email yesterday.

It was so glamorous! LOVED it!

• Wonderful Two Doubles

Upon arrival we was hit with additional charges of $25 per day (not mentioned in price) plus an additional fee for insurance? Also not mentioned in the price upon booking taking the original total of $1847.33 total to $2054.00 we was advised we would be reimbursed with the additional charges upon check out. Being late and tired we agreed and just wanted to get to bed. Throughout the stay there wasn’t any major problems other than the maid service removing towels and not replacing them (leaving 3 people to share 1 towel), not emptying bins in the bathroom and leaving dirty glasses on the side and the extortionate prices for a bottle of water ($9) but being in a major city you half expect them to charge ridiculous prices for anything within the room. Upon check out everyone was very pleasant and advised that the remaining total will be reimbursed immediately to my account. To which 4 days later I have now been made aware after my mortgage payment was not processed that following the $2054 hold on my account the hotel took an additional $1847.33 from my account, after a number of emails and calls to the hotel And being told it was my fault because I should of used a credit card not a debit card to which I replied I do not use credit cards I have now been told that I will have to wait an additional 10 days for me to get the Additional $2054 back! Stay away from this place at all costs!!!!!!!!

• Wonderful Two Doubles

It's very dark, reception area, halls. rooms also. The floor in my room was dirty there was food on the floor

I liked the location - The staff were really friendly and helpful

• Wonderful King

I would have to say the only thing is that I wish they had Netflix on the TV. Other than that the food was very tasty when we ordered room service.

I loved the attentiveness, and the personable nature of the staff.

• Cool Corner King Hudson River View

I understand it's New York, however, the room was getting a little tired. It needed a deep cleaning. Light in shower was kind of hanging off the wall.

Staff were friendly and helpful. Beds were comfortable. Location great.

• Wonderful Two Doubles

What I didn’t like was not having a coffee maker in my room. I have never run in to that before and I desperately wanted one.

Beds were soft and comfortable.

• Cool Corner King Hudson River View

Driving to the hotel is difficult specially at the rush hour timing

The location is splendid , one step to Time Square , the hotel staff was quick and profitional , I just spend 5 minutes to check in And one minute to check out The room was clean and the view is splendid

• Spectacular Two Doubles

We paid for a breakfast and when we got there they said that your breakfast is about a package of 50 $ per person .Everything over that you have to pay them.Ohh and in those 50 per person they include tips which are 18% in new york.Plus the charges were very high even for simple stuff like omelet.That has never happened before and ive stayed in many places.In booking i paid for a time square view which they didnt provided.Im rather frustrated wouldnt recomment it to anyone.

• Cool Corner King Times Square View

We wanted to get a juice when we checked out and were waiting for our pick up to the airport but the bar in reception wasn’t open

The location of the property is perfect and the rooms are spacious and clean

• Wonderful King

The hotel is really great but th3 one thing they should invest in is new windows we were on the 4905 room and could still hear very loud time sq traffic and noice sound proof windows would of made this room perfect—-and lower the prices of the mini bar and snacks it’s @ true rip off

Convince location

• Wonderful Two Doubles

We didn’t stay long enough!

We arrived at noon and able to check into our rooms. Our rooms were clean, every time we walked by staff they greeted us! Lovely hotel in the perfect area

• Fantastic King Suite

Waiting for breakfast was way too long, even though we requested exact time of delivery. The table from in room breakfast we left outside the room, stayed there from the whole evening and night until next morning. While entering the building the smell of chlorine water is simply too strong.

Feeling of a club Good place for a party

Nothing not to like!

Everything about my staying was great. I stayed four days. Location is amazing!!! At the heart of times square. The hotel is young and unique. Decorations, design and the staff are all transmits at the same wave, the same goes with the background Music. Elevators are very quick and will take you in few seconds to the 53rd floor... I stayed there twice - 3 nights and 2 nights - in both opportunities I asked for the corner rooms - one was with the view of the Hudson and Broadway north, and the other room was Broadway South and i think 46th...the view in both rooms was breathtakingly. Rooms ard great, very clean, nicely designed and very modern. Enjoyed and hopefully Ill come back soon.

• Cool Corner King Times Square View

the bed was really soft, so you would suffer from back pain after just one night. the breakfast was far from meeting our expectations: one had to eat in the room, they "give" you 100$ to spend on breakfast but with prices like 28$ for 1 waffle you don't get very far, last but not least the food quality was far away from enjoyable. the livingroom is an overrated bar with unexperienced staff and a bad dj. the cleanliness was very disappointing, beeing greeted by the poopstains of the previous guest is not really our thing. also would they not change the towels if they were on the floor but just hang them back on the rack. the walls are very thin so you can hear what's going on in the hallway and the room next to yours.

the location is superb; great view on the times square and close to the subway.

• Spectacular King

The experience of the front desk agents. Too busy thinking about vacation then helping the guests.

The location of the property is great, The Front Desk Managers try to fix complaints.

• Spectacular Two Doubles

the hotel does not offer help with your bags, during weekends the hotel and elevator service is rather chaotic because of the bar upstairs. If you by any reason lost your key, it will be an issue since they ask you to show your key before entering the hotel.

The location pf this hotel is perfect for tourists. Almost everything is walking distance

No pool or spa

I loved the layout of the room, the interior decorations, location, and the staff was so nice especially all the gentleman at the entrance ( greeted and opened doors everyday).

• Spectacular Two Doubles

This hotel was DARK that is fine in the common areas i.e. lobby, lounge, hallways. But the room was very dark too. Even with the window completely uncovered. The bathroom was also too dark. Only light from the vanity which wasn’t exactly bright. Of course the second ceiling light was burned out in our bathroom but it looked like a heat bulb type light anyway. The make up mirror light was not working either. But even if these things had been operational the room would still be too dark. I also didn’t love having to take two separate elevators every time. 1 to get to the lobby (floor 7) then a second to get to the room.

This hotel was beautiful and modern. The staff were all very accommodating and friendly.

• Spectacular Two Doubles

Walls were very thin especially since there was an adjoining room. We heard guests making noise very late. More noise heard coming from inside the hotel than outside, surprisingly

The hotel had a very upscale clubby vibe, and staff was very friendly

• Cool Corner King Times Square View

Having to pay $7 + tax for a bottle of water in the room is excessive. No tea or coffee provided in rooms, which was disappointing given the price of the room. Cost of WiFi too expensive. More entertainment could be provided via TV for free.

Extremely clean and comfortable. Great interiors with a cool vibe. Very friendly and helpful staff. Great atmosphere in the bar. Felt like the go-to place for locals. Fantastic views and location. Would highly recommend this hotel to our friends and family.

• Spectacular Two Doubles

The bathroom is enclosed by glass walls with a sliding door that kept getting stuck, or falling off its tracks. This was a huge pain for our family of four. Room temperature was also really difficult to control. One night we needed a set of silverware to eat leftovers and it took room service an hour to get them to us.

The location can't be beat! Especially if you are seeing shows in Times Square. The bar is great and the Blue Fin restaurant located in the building has great sushi. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Wonderful Two Doubles

First, tour hotel is very nice! Staff is great! However, the rooms are not functional for a family on vacation. The room has one drawer for our clothes. 3 suitcases full for a week of vacation and 1 drawer was at best disappointing. The bed linen was scratchy and the pillows were extremely flat. The cleanliness and staff fortunately made up for where the room was lacking.

• Spectacular King

The doorman. some were nice, but one of them was extremely rude. The hotel obviously draws a crowd who drink in the bar upstairs, so guests are asked to show their cards to get in (Saturday nights). The BIG guy was an idiot. very rude - not just asking to see the card, but shouting twice CARD, CARD NOW ! really... and then the guy who flagged a taxi for me a couple of days later was a smart ass - I only tipped him $5 to flag down the cab, and he says ..... I should have given him $10 unbelievable, he didn't even lift a bag. the hotel would do well to train these people to treat the guests with respect

The location was exceptional and the place is a bit funky. but the doorman was very rude

• Spectacular Two Doubles

No real complains Quite busy and noisy bar area (no hot drinks, e.g. cofee available), yet Starbucks was just across. First impression was that the hotel is too crowded and not perfectly clean, yet rooms were impeccably cleaned and serviced

Helpful concierge service Discreet, efficient room cleaning Room service, efficient in responsing to requests Efficiency with which the accounting accepted my complain about final bill (refund comfirmed to be executed in 5 to 7 days)

• Spectacular King

Walls were thin and you could hear the adjacent room late at night. Other guest were very load at 3am in morning.

Close to time square and theater district

• Wonderful King

Lighting in the halls & rooms could be better

The bouncer in the 7th floor bar is a a rockstar! I spoted a guy that did not Belong (as I am in the entertainment business) and so did your guy. He very diplomaticly handled the situation and redirected the man. That staff member made my wife & I feel safe and in the right place.

• Wonderful King

There is no slippers in the room, we even cannot take a shower. When we ask for slippers ,no one response to our demand, we waited until midnight. terrible experience.

• Wonderful Two Doubles

Room was not clean and I had to move to a new room the next day. The new room also had problems. They also were having problems with the TV and many channels did not work.

Location in Times Square was good if you are there for tourism..

• Wonderful King

I think you should put information on your site that parking lot is 3 blocks away, bcs when I was checking your hotel I understand that it’s in hotel.

Location, hotel itself, room was big enough and a beautiful view

• Wonderful King

For what we paid for the hotel room we expected so much, and there really wasn't anything special to the hotel. You really are just paying for the name.

The location of the hotel is ideal, and the staff were very polite.

• Cool Corner King Hudson River View

The reading light by the side of the bed was flashing during our first night and we had to get an engineer to the room to fix it :(

Great view of the Hudson river (we were in a corner Hudson suite) Very helpful doormen & concierge Cool bar

• Spectacular King

everything about the hotel - i've stayed in a few w hotels around the world and this by far is the worst. rude staff, checked me into a room which was already occupied ( yes i'm serious) then over charged me. also walking to the room looks like your in a horror movie

the location

• Wonderful King

Room service was fabulous. The staff were amazing. They all called me by name? That’s rare. Not like I’ve ever met or stayed there before ... asked me questions alluding that the we’re aware of how I was feeling.

• Wonderful Two Doubles

I loved every minute of it!

Staff were excellent, good fun, lively hotel, trendy and modern, Liam checked us in and was so friendly and happy, gave us loads of information on where to go and what to do....

• Wonderful King

No supply of wifi free The bed is a little lumpy not as comfy as when I stayed there 2 years ago The floor carpet also not as clean as I expected

Staff excellent Location excellent

• Spectacular Two Doubles

My first experience with The W was actually quite poor, I found the room really small, the cleanliness was ok but not great, the blind was faulty therefore had the lights of Times Square beaming through my room all night.

The entrance to the hotel is very nice with good door service, the Living Room bar was funky and lively.

• Spectacular King

Was expecting better quality bed. Room was a bit small. Very poor selection of options to offset the destination taxes. Nice bar except NO bar food; and we don't drink --so....not so good. Would be fine for people who drink alcohol.

Location right at Times Square; easy to get to subway.

• Spectacular King

We valeted our car and the cost was $85 dollars for less than 24 hours. I think the hotel should give a better deal for parking if you are staying at their hotel or at least tell you the cost. When we used the valet we never thought in our wildest dreams that it would cost that much. It was upsetting and the front desk person was not empathetic a t all.

Room was closed comfortable and mattress was great. The staff was pleasant and helpful

• Spectacular Two Doubles

The breakfast was only available in your room and it says it's free, but actually you have a limit of how much you can order, 100$ for 4 people... but for example water was 10$.

The location was great and rooms were quiet, but i wouldn't stay there again.

• Spectacular King

Poor service at the front desk. And only 1 bottle of water. The smart water is Usd5 !!

Great location. Right in the middle of times square. Breakfast at Julios. And dinner at italian Carmines.

• Cool Corner King Hudson River View

The hotel staff was excellent and couldn't have been kinder. Everything you'd want to do in NYC is within a couple blocks so the location is perfect. The room accommodations were excellent and clean. Beds were so soft and comfy!

• Spectacular Two Doubles

1. Everything u do they will charge u for it 2. Nothing for free even for smile they will ask for tip 3. Parking car costed me 100$ a day which is really crazy , and that is for one time parking if u ask for it and re park it that's another 75$++tax ++ tip.. honestly this is bad for their clients and SPG members .. I didn't like this ata all. 4 .check out 12 sharp no exceptions anything after 12:30 you will pay for it which is crazy .. so this hotel based on tips and how to draw money from you .. other. Than that location was nice .....

Location amazing in time square, super , , room smell amazing and that signature W smell all around place , lobby fancy and newly decorated , bed comfortable and pillows soft and cozy, plenty of channels on TV ,

• Wonderful Two Doubles

800 dollars a night and I have to pay extra for Wi-fi! Really! Very noisy during the night and difficult to access due to congestion around Times Square.

Nice room

• Fantastic King Suite

Nothing! I loved the hotel.

Loved the hotel. Amazing from the beginning to the end. Vibe was upbeat, staff very friendly. Room was incredible(had a suite) that was extremely comfortable and well decorated. Shower was fantastic that I did not want to get out. View was spectacular and location right in Time Square convenient and very special. Look forward to returning on next visit to NYC

• Spectacular Two Doubles

The hotel was like a club and very dark. It was not cozy at all. i felt like I was in Vegas at midnight in a casino...So if you like this vibe then it works great. i thought the restaurants could be seperated and breakfast in a better situation then it was.

The staff was super great and so friendly and accommodating. If you want to be smack dab in Time Square you are...

• Spectacular Two Doubles

Rooms are dark even though you open all the lights. Hard to see things (toys, clothes etc) especially when u have kids.

Close to everything! I would recommend this to young people and folks who doesn’t have kids..

• Spectacular King

Never stay here again. No heat, no hot water, a complete disappointment. Very dark place. Old lamps, window shades, and bathroom needs lots of repair and improvements. Can't say much positive about the property. Staff member, Andrew helped us a lot. On the way out, our quoted price from you went up. My husband had to get that straight. We didn't charge anything extra. Worst hotel experience ever in our 30 years of travel. W at Time Square New York, stay home.

• Spectacular Two Doubles

The W experience was not like we had previously experienced in other countries. For instance, W Paris was true 5 star compared to W New York. These previous experiences is why we did not hesitate to book with W hotels again in NY. Bathroom privacy not ideal for a family room. Small shower with shower curtain. Although the staff were pleasant, you didn’t feel the 5 star treatment.

Reception staff and door concierge were 5 star. Rooms were ok. Location was fantastic.

• Spectacular Two Doubles

1) The rooms are too old. There was no AC available, when we called for help they said there is no AC and only heater is available. 2) I have asked the guy at the bar some questions and he just totally ignored me while I was talking to him. It was very rude! Then I wanted to complain about it but they were defending him that he doesn’t speak English! So that makes it right for them to ignore guests? 3) The smell in the corridor is unbearable. 4) It was New Year’s Eve, I went and asked for coffee to go in the hotel restaurants all said they don’t serve! Just ridiculous! A hotel doesn’t serve coffee during an event they’re functioning so the guest should look somewhere else or order room service! 5) NOT up to the standard of the W hotels!

Located in Times Square

• Spectacular Two Doubles

Booking.com said breakfast was included, hotel said it was not! Decor Getting dated. Most views blocked by the Marriott hotel. No room service other than breakfast hours. No food service in lounge. Silly resort fee.., for what it's a hotel not resort no real amenities.

Clean, staff were good, great location to time square but naturally noisy at night. Room was good size. Valet parking easy but pricy. Concierge was super helpful. Room wired for all devices. Kind of odd.. Lobby is on 7th floor with no windows, but looks cool.

• Wonderful King

Staff failed to explain complimentary wifi bar tab and laundry service! Also failed to explain breakfast is only served in room and didn't give us the menu to order breakfast

Concierge was very helpful

• Spectacular Two Doubles

We stayed in winter but the room was unbearably hot so we wanted AC. That was not available. Thankfully the window opened and the hotel brought us a fan. If not the room was so hot there was no way to stay in it. Also the check in area was really loud because it shares space with the bar.

The room was great, the staff was friendly and the toiletries they provided are AMAZING!

• Fantastic King Suite

Nothing. We have stayed all over, the customer service was impeccable.

We ordered breakfast, I have allergies unfortunately the meal was not labeled properly but the staff fixed it immediately.

• Spectacular Two Doubles

It was so hot in the rooms. They claimed they could not turn thermostat down. No complimentary coffee in lobby. Found it on last day at the Blue Finn

Bed was comfortable

• Wonderful King

Shower and toilet windows needed curtains. Please, asking for privacy.

Every thing was good, except for shower and toilet privacy. No privacy for shower and toilet use. .

• Spectacular Two Doubles

I booked my room to check in at 12 and even called one day before to make sure the availability of the room because I was traveling with my 12 month old son. Inspite of everything room was not ready at that time and person at front desk was not very considerate and friendly.Finally we got our room around 3.30 pm on top of that there was no crib and no soaps in the bathroom and went and asked at front desk then it was provided to us.

• Wonderful Two Doubles

The size of the room and beds should not be options for a party of 4! No drawers, very small room and our bathroom sliding door was broken. For $400 a night I expected MUCH more! Plus our room was directly above the lower level elevators..so listening to them going up and down all night was aggravating.

The location was great..everything about Times Square within walking distance

• Spectacular King

I get it, it's New York City. But that price for a bathroom you can barely turn around in, tiny room, ZERO amenities like a coffee maker, mini-fridge, etc. I get the that it's the "W" and that things like that would be considered gauche, but my $89/night stay at a Hampton Inn in Tucson earlier was leagues above the $450/night stay at the W in every way (granted, I think that was an exceptionally managed Hampton Inn). Even the beds were better at the Hilton property.

• Wonderful King

The bar was very a popular night spot but not very welcoming and we NEVER were able to get served there. Really full of people just hanging out and VERY loud music. We prefer a comfortable bar in hotels. This bar is more like a party room. NOT good!!

Lighting in the room was terrible. The staff was pretty nice and the location is great!

• Spectacular King

I enjoyed my experience! There was nothing to dislike.

The room location was great. We had a corner room and the view over Time Square was wonderful. Room was bright and clean. We had everything we needed.

• Fantastic King Suite

Our booking has not been followed We have been put in differnt bedrooms type. Foremost booking. Com team was contacted multiple time Yet nothing was respected

Rien

• Spectacular Two Doubles

The prices we were charge 120 dollars for a prosecco and that was a 25 dollar service charge. Absolutely ridiculous mark up on the drinks and food.

The room was clean and comfortable

• Cool Corner King Hudson River View

The staff are so rude they are not professional and they treat me very bad from the Frist second I arrived then in everything they were bad

The only thing there is a good operation manager in this hotel

• Wonderful King

Great stay... but they should have more variety and better selection of amenities that you can leave in the room for arrival. Like for special occasions. Also, adding ballons & flowers would be an asset.

The worst experience in 40 years of traveling—— really ruined our weekend

Worst experience ever, they made my son wait from 2pm until mindnight when I arrived to the property, reason : because the booking was done by booking.com they couldn’t add his name to the reservation and they requested an physical plastic to guarantee ... even though they had the account on records ... the experience was discriminatory, denigrant, inhuman and not the standar of any quasi luxury hotel... really keen in unpromomoting W, SPG and Booking.com among every people who wants to hear the story —- you lost a customer Today -

• Wonderful King

I didnt like my booking experience as the search results were misleading with a breakfast included banner to only find out there was no breakfast after selecting the room and booking.com just blamed me for not seeing the information correctly when I called to complain. I could hear the guests talking in the next room as if they were in my room. The hotel staff were exceptional and taught me to book directly from now on.

My bed was confortable.

• Cool Corner King Times Square View

Not much information given on check in. Also breakfast was added to the bill when it was already included in the room rate. However, this was quickly rectified. Would have liked the option to use the Resteraunt for breakfast instead of in-room dining..... but the service was good.

Fab location very lively bar at night

• Spectacular King

The staff was Wonderful! Specially Nick, who took my luggage and gave me some tea for my sore throat The room and the view were amazing too. I will come back to this hotel (or any other W hotels around the world) anytime

• Cool Corner King Hudson River View

The bathroom was very small and the glass was transparent which you could see a silhouette of the person in it and it was too close to the actual room. No fan either for the steam.

View was great from our room.

Browse W New York - Times Square traveller photo gallery