Reviews of W South Beach 5 stars

2201 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139, USA

#39 of 417 hotels in Miami Beach

We had a very warm and personal welcome.
    • Splendid Studio Suite

nothing, a bit pricey but overall definitely worth the money! would totally come back

We had a very warm and personal welcome. special thanks to Braulio, one of the welcome desk associates.

The staff was very professional and made me feel appreciated.
    • Wonderful Ocean View Studio Suite - Accessible

They need better eggs for breakfast.

The staff was very professional and made me feel appreciated. Great location. Clean and smells fresh. Loved the pool. I loved that the staff was so versatile since I've last visited. I always love the robe and slippers they give you. Just everything!

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Great view from the room and great staff.
    • Splendid Studio Suite

In one of the days during our stay was to noise in the pool and people were smoking and eating while in the water.

Great view from the room and great staff. Thank you!

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Very good !
    • Wonderful Studio Suite Ocean view

Furniture worn out (room 625) rugs study kitchen etc Kitchen but no plates no forks spoons etc Impossible to lock bay window Why charge 25$ the beach umbrella !!!???

Pool Security Location Lobby View Staff

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Staff ,they were great , so helpful, they really care for...
    • Fabulous Studio Suite Ocean view

Weekends you will have problem in lower floor for the sound of the club and drunk people in the street

Staff ,they were great , so helpful, they really care for guests, first night we had problem with the sound of the pipes , they upgrade us to 3 bedroom apartment there , in reception Gabriella, David and all the people listen to your problem and they really want to help, real 5star

The cleaning service is excellent.
    • Wonderful Studio Suite Ocean view

Room service is poor. There is no good isolation from outside noise. There are 4 shutters in the room and to darken it should be closed one by one separately and manually. In our specific room, the shower head was blocked. From the total of six nights, three times we reached the pool and there were no places for us. You have to pay to get certain areas in the pool and on the beach at a very expensive cost.

The cleaning service is excellent. The hotel design, spacious and beautiful rooms, we received very good service from David from the reception.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Location and cleanliness

Very very very very bad check in process. Long queues and delays. Incompetent staff. It appears that the staff there is not able to cope up with the guests arrivals. Poorly trained and incompetent staff.

Location and cleanliness

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

For tourists only.
    • Wonderful Ocean View Studio Suite - Accessible

For tourists only. If you go there for business it is a bit troublesome! Lame air Conditioning System at 73 you freeze and 75 you melt! House keeping is really lazy. Good in-room comfort and good noise isolation. If you stay on 3rd floor get ready with tons of mosquitos at night time.

Top location, super friendly staff and beautiful hotel.

The fabulous suites do not have a covered balcony. This means that in case of rain one can not sit outside even though temperatures would easily allow to do so.

The staff was really great. People at the reception desk but also at the pool (Alfredo) were just amazing. The whole atmosphere in the hotel was so good and well managed, we can only say Fantastic. This is how a hotel should be. We had a wonderful stay and will definitely seek for opportunities to come back in the future.

Awesome
    • Wonderful Studio Suite Ocean view

The view from the balcony is unbeleivable. The overall atmosphere of the hotel and the friendliness of the staff is just great, everyone was relaxed and smiling. Sofia at the front desk was very helpful, she upgraded us to the Oasis and it was wonderful.

Worst possible experience on my check out.
    • Spectacular Studio Suite Ocean view

I had the worst possible experience on my check out, after notifying the hotel prior to my check in, during my check in, and until two days after I started my stay that nothing should be charged on the credit card that I did my reservation, the entire amount of the 17 nights of my stay, were charged without my authorization, from my credit card, not the one I was planning to use, the hotel was aware, and stayed unable to do anything about it.

Pool area and servise near.
    • Wonderful Studio Suite Ocean view

To many people in the reseption area and only 3 administrators try to check in and check out hundreds people at the same time. Breakfast for this money overpised ( setai hotel and fourseasons at surfside the same 40$ , but twise better)

Pool area and servise near. Price for the room was reasonableq

The didn't have the room I booked, but they have all my money!
    • Sanctuary Suite Ocean view

The Suite we booked in February wasn't available. If we wanted a Suite we would have to move rooms after 1 night (we were only staying for 2 nights). We weren't notified of the fact the room booked wasn't available until after they had charged my debit card with over $2700. They then charged me more on check out. Another $1,300+ taken from my account. They have debited my bank account for $4,000 for a $1,700 bill. 2 days later and still no sign of this money I need for my holiday. 4 e-mails (to General Manager x2, Head of Whenever/Whatever x1 and thorugh Booking.com x1) have all been ignored.

It would be a lovely hotel if the room you book is available and they don't over charge you.

Check in (4 pm) and check out (11 am) policies are...
    • Wonderful Studio Suite Ocean view

Check in (4 pm) and check out (11 am) policies are militarily enforced. Too strict for comfort and too much time difference. Breakfast options are on the expensive side without much of an alternative

Fanstastic hotel, amazing staff and facilities. Highly recommend paying a little extra for this gem
    • Splendid Studio Suite

We checked in for my birthday and was greeted with a friendly smile at the front desk. All the staff from the concierge, front desk, bar staff, pool staff, cleaners and hotel managers were lovely. They couldn’t do enough for you. We were upgraded to one of the 15th floor suites- beautifully designed and was sent 2 bottles of champagne and chocolates for my birthday. We also had an early check in offered to us. We had a view of the south beach, large balcony and bed was so comfy. Gym is a great size as is the pool area. Staff always walking around checking you have a drink. Compared to other W hotels this is by far the best. Shout out to Duval for making sure I had a great birthday. It was definitely money well spent from all aspects. Will certainly be staying (and comparing) all W hotels to this one!

Most amazing Resort. Definitely recommend!!
    • Wonderful Studio Suite Ocean view

Amazing place, one of the best resorts I have stayed at. We were so close to everything, which made it easy getting everywhere, especially with the complimentary bikes from the W. The staff are so accommodating, we’re will and always available to help with anything. Will definitely be back, and definitely recommend to everyone :) very very happy

Trendy and comfortable in the heart of South Beach!
    • Wonderful Studio Suite Ocean view

Breakfast could definitely be improved by offering freshly baked bread and pastries.

Room is large and comfortable and the minibar is fully packed. The hotel decor is funny and reflects the Miami Beach style. Although not in the heart of South Beach, location is great, 10min walk from Lincoln Road. Free american coffee, including decaff option in The Dutch restaurant is super. Gym and pool are also great. The Wall dance club is just ok, definitely not the best in town.

Good sized rooms, powerful and large shower and good...
    • Wonderful Studio Suite Ocean view

The weather! We were caught in Alberto's tropical storm - but can't blame the hotel for that.

Good sized rooms, powerful and large shower and good amenities with great ocean views and convenient location. Breakfast good, and the Dutch Restaurant good quality food at a reasonable price. All staff very friendly and helpful.

All Staff were very friendly and helpful.
    • Splendid Studio Suite

Room category we chose were located from floor 3 to floor 9. We got a room on the 3rd floor. A HIGHER FLOOR would have been nicer. When a higher floor was requested at check-in we were offered a room category at USD400 extra per night ! Just did not make any sense at the time. There was loud music at between 5 and 6 in the morning from the ground level, not sure if it was from our hotel or elsewhere.

All Staff were very friendly and helpful. Rooms are spacious and beds very comfy. Breakfast was good.

Average at best
    • Wonderful Studio Suite Ocean view

Service was average, people didnt really seem to enjoy working there. Overpriced food and drinks even for Miami since the service was average. Room shower head didn’t work, coffee maker overflowed everywhere when I made coffee. It was raining there on Sunday and the TV in my room went out, no signal???Room layout was awkward, no room to put my suitcases. Was a bit of a let down.

Nice hotel, rooms were nice. Pool and beach access was awesome.

Very nice hotel with good facilities.
    • Splendid Studio Suite

Hotel has a nightclub which thankfully doesn’t operate every night as music thumps out till 4:30am! Also hosts a lot of private functions which I felt limited use of pool/bar facilities

Great Hotel with large rooms and good facilities. Staff are friendly & helpful. Location is good short Uber ride to many shopping & restaurant sites

I believe someone from the cleaning staff attempted to break...
    • Spectacular Studio Suite Ocean view

I believe someone from the cleaning staff attempted to break into our room at 9:30pm one night and rob us. They had already cleaned the room 2-3 times and done the “turn down” service. We were in the room with our infant son who was sleeping. The person opened the door, turned on the light, and once they saw us, immediately closed the door. When my husband went out to ask why they had come in, they said “to put the do-not-disturb sign on your door.” That makes no sense—why would you open someone’s room to put that sign outside? Not only did you actually disturb us doing so, how would you know whether we even wanted the sign out or not? When we asked to speak to a manager at the front desk, they said it was “definitely not” protocol to come in after turn down service—we were told they would look into it and get back to us. We followed up several additional times, and never got an explanation or an answer. They did give us a food and beverage credit, but that does nothing to ameliorate our concerns about safety that someone was trying to sneak in and rob us when they assumed we would be out at night. I would never stay here again or recommend staying here due to this incident, which management made worse by failing to handle it properly and provide a reasonable explanation or even an apology.

The W delivered in every way!
    • Fabulous Studio Suite Ocean view

The pool area tends to be a bit overcrowded. There was a last minute significant overcharge on my bill however this was sorted out quickly.

Great service - great room - great location. Enjoyed the stay immensely.

Design, location, staff extremely friendly and attentive.
    • Wonderful Studio Suite Ocean view

Mr Chow has got to be the most overpriced, mediocre restaurant in the area. The W should find a better partner!

Design, location, staff extremely friendly and attentive. I loved the Dutch.

Staff were all very nice, the property was very clean and...
    • Spectacular Studio Suite Ocean view

Staff were all very nice, the property was very clean and well kept. The service really stood out from other hotels I have stayed at in South Beach. Food was great, room view and balcony made the trip all the more enjoyable.

Nice rooms, but no value for money
    • Spectacular Studio Suite Ocean view

Big humidity problem on floor 16; wet floor inside rooms. No reaction neither from staff nor from management Pool extremely crowded and beach area chaotic

Very little choice at breakfast buffet

Lovely hotel, not the best on South Beach in that price range
    • Splendid Studio Suite

- Crowded lobby with bags on trollies everywhere - dark bar - what seemed freshly squeezed, healthy juices come from from prepared bottles - Not the prettiest tableware near the pool (ugly plastic cups, wet wine glasses, etc) - expensive breakfast (40$ for the buffet) and drinks

- beautiful big room, great bed, big bathroom (stain on carpet) - large pool - friendly staff

Very beautiful and comfortable and luxurious
    • Fantastic Suite Ocean view

I didn't like that my suite the bathroom door was stuck and wouldn't slide out so therefore me and my other had to use the restroom with no privacy between the bedroom and the bathroom other then that a great stay overall .

GREAT LOCATION BEAUTIFUL VIEWS UPSCALE ROOMS WALKING DISTANCE TO THE BEACH THE STAFF AND FROM DESK ARE SO SWEET AND ATTENTIVE WAS A GREAT STAY I WOULD DEFINITELY RECOMMEND AND REVISIT AGAIN.

The hotel relies on the "W" reputation in the industry, but doesn't live up to the standard.
    • Wonderful Studio Suite Ocean view

We stayed twice within a 2 week period (pre & post cruise) & on the 2nd stay, both times having booked the same category of room our room was much better as we weren't assigned a disabled room, in which there was no storage in the bathroom & the bathroom flooded each time a shower was taken as there was no hob, nor good drainage. Lighting is very poor in all rooms. It was necessary to ask for late checkout, 4 times during our stay, as we couldn't get an straight answer. Ours was a late afternoon flight & a long haul to our destination. Ultimately this request was denied in an abrupt manner (very poor Customer Relations), until such time as at check out on being asked how was our stay, the response of "very disappointing" elicited some action.

The view from the room was excellent.

I loved this place. Next time in Miami I will stay here with no doubts. Great price/Quality ratio
    • Wonderful Studio Suite Ocean view

The team performed its best. The pool management sorted my issue right away, everyone was so helpful and guest oriented. Though I traveled alone I felt so welcome. Great management in real life. Thank you!

Nice !
    • Wonderful Studio Suite Ocean view

The pool is beautiful but half of it is by the shade so you have to go there before 10am to hope to have a subbed in the sun !!! We had the Oversized balcony sea view room it was a nice size but the furnitures looked old and damaged except the bathroom which was amazing. We were a bit disappointed by the staff.

Very good location. The hotel is modern and well decorated. The tennis courts and basketball court on the 7th floor are great ! The pool area is very nice.

The lower floor rooms near Collins Ave.
    • Wonderful Studio Suite Ocean view

The lower floor rooms near Collins Ave. are very noisy. While this seems a no-brainer, one would have thought they would have been sound-proofed a little more. You can hear vehicles and people 24-7, and I was on the 8th floor! Be sure to upgrade and ask for rooms closer to the ccean-side when booking - South Beach is up all night, and you will be, too.

Arrogance rudeness and bad culture
    • Oasis Ocean View Suite

Rude arrogant staff members, this is not all of them some are very good however there seems to be a culture of arrogance from some bar staff and front desk staff. This arrogance is inexcusable! High paying customers should not be made to feel their not a big enough baller to get a friendly attitude. W south beach has 5-star amenities but a 1 star for service. It's like the staff here believe that because they server celebrities that they can give anyone who's not famous a bad attitude. Big thumbs down from me! If you want good service their are plenty of other hotels that will provide this in Miami, even cheaper ones are better.

Nice chic place, its on the beach and could be a top hotel of the management had a good service and attitude policy for their staff.

Rude unfriendly staff! Don't stay at W Southbeach if you want a high end hotel.
    • Poolside Bungalow Suite

Shocking service! W South beach is meant to be a high-end hotel, the facility here is high end but the service culture is shocking and downright rude! This is not the housekeepers they are great and friendly, I am talking about them front desk, pool staff and bar staff! They are really unhelpful and not friendly to the point they don't say hello or goodbye when you say it to them! I will never stay at W south beach again! In past month I have stayed here twice. The first stay 6nights the second stay 4 nights. I have paid over $50,000. For these two stays in total so I would consider myself a high-end guest. My wife and kids were told they could not get a subbed beside the pool because of they where full! My wife went and sat with the kids on the side waiting for one to come free and had someone walk straight up ask for beds and get them! I cannot explain why the staff had this rude attitude towards my family but it is unacceptable! If you call them from the desk and they cannot hear you because their phone is rubbish they hang up. When you call and they don't hang up you ask for something after directly telling you what you were asking they abruptly hang up without a goodbye! Bar staff will not smile or engage at all! What a poorly run place! Keep your stinking attitudes and tool cool for people attitude I'm taking my money elsewhere and letting everyone I know about this.

Nice property and good rooms, the place is on the beach and has bars and night club.

Amazing stay, wish we could have stayed longer.
    • Splendid Studio Suite

The room could have been a little cleaner. Some stains on the couch and the door handles were full of fingerprints. Bathtub had some chips in it. I'm being super picky though as the hotel standard is high.

The room was incredible. Was upgraded and blew me and my husband away. Was like having our own private condo with all the amenities. The staff was very helpful and the pool area was beautiful. Got to enjoy the bicycles and beach workout, both were great. It was a special birthday for my husband and they left champagne and magnificent fine chocolates for us to enjoy. Overall we were both very impressed and would definitely return in the future.

Both Restaurants Mr.
    • Wonderful Studio Suite Ocean view

I mistakenly paid for 4 nights rather than 3 and the front desk would not give me credit or a voucher because I booked through Booking. Com. I tried calling Booking.com but to no avail to get through obviously because of the season. I explained that they were receiving payment from Booking.com for services not rendered.

Both Restaurants Mr.Chows and the Dutch were excellent !!!

Best location ,excellent staff, thanks to all W Family!
    • Spectacular Studio Suite Ocean view

No shower and no changing room, insufficient space around the pool.

Excellent staff .Chef Concierge Nina is always kind , following up all matters, Ralph is the real insider ,both they arranged everything for us so smoothly which was not so easy during the holiday season. Nicole and Oscar were our heros around the pool ,they were always genial and helpful.

• Spectacular Studio Suite Ocean view

I did not like to stay in the line at breakfast for a table with my child, who saw other people eating, check out is 11 a.m and they only give you a room at 16.00 that is so crazy. Mr. Chow restaurant was bad experience, that staff os very slow, they gave us table with a hole in the door and it was very cold and windy (yes, rain and hurracans ir miami) and so they refused to chance table, but we were sitting with small children and I had to go back to the room and put some warm clothes, but my friend came and they change table for her.. in total the service is charged 20% but they are incompetent, slow and not professional.

Interior

Best hotel of South beach!
    • Wonderful Ocean View Studio Suite - Accessible

Please improve bar layout and design (round or square would be better). Now it looks cold and sad.

Great hotel! Helpful stuff! Great concierge Victoria Atehortua and Nina Eberlijn 👍🏻 Restaurant Mr. Chaw super trendy;) Can’t wait to come back to W South beach!!!

Too expensif and no service
    • Spectacular Studio Suite Ocean view

Too expensif and no service No place at the pool at 8hoo in the morning Pay big extra $ 250.00 per day for chair front sea but you have other chair in front you . Nobody can help you they want just your money Never return at the Hotel W

It was a nice place and very good vibe
    • Spectacular Studio Suite Ocean view

We had a situation where we were on the fifth floor and had requested a higher up room from the beginning. Especially since our friends were on the 14th floor. Sure enough the night club on the weekend was so noisy once it was closed ppl were fighting on the street and woke us up at 4 am. We complained and they comp’ed us with free breakfast which was very nice.

Not coming back
    • Wonderful Studio Suite Ocean view

The service in the reception (terrible, not engaged and service minded personnel) + the fact that it was very difficult to understand the booking I had made versus the extra payment which you claimed. The manager in the reception took command and saved our stay from being a disaster taking into consideratin what I paid for a less than 24 hour stay in your hotel. I doubt that i will stay with you next time I go to Miami.

The service at the pool and the service at breakfast + room service

location was great and the staff of the reception area were ...
    • Spectacular Studio Suite Ocean view

when we came into the room somebody else left his clothes and the cleaning person did not clean it. there was a cigar on the table of the balcony. both balconies were very dirty. also the glass table in the living room was full with dirt. they did not come up with a solution just took the clothes and left without cleaining it!!!

location was great and the staff of the reception area were great!

Truly awesome
    • Wonderful Studio Suite Ocean view

Check out time. It is 11 am and they aren’t flexible at all.

Location was great. View is awesome. Whenever whatever- concierge- were nice and friendly. The facility was great. I was upgraded to a suit and it was sweet surprise. I loved the Waffle at the Dutch restaurant; it was really yummy. You can take their bikes for beach cycling. Overall it is one of the W hotels i have stayed in and i would definelty recommend it.

Great location, hotel not up to its standards and attitude. Poor value for (lots of) money.
    • Spectacular Studio Suite Ocean view

The hotel has a massive attitude, it is all about skimming a max amount of cash from clients. There is lound construction around the pool and the hotel does not inform the guests of the inconvenience, let alone the apology...

Staff very helpful

Nice property
    • Wonderful Ocean View Studio Suite - Accessible

The complimentary bikes were not in good condition. Smoking should not be allowed at the pool or put them in a smoking only section

Beautiful facility, nice gym

Be careful what you pay for as I paid for the view and I received a partial view.
    • Wonderful Ocean View Studio Suite - Accessible

I did not get the room I paid for. I was upgraded to a higher floor but the view was not what I had paid for. I told the hotel I paid for the view I do not need a high floor. I sent an email to the hotel while I was there and I still have not received a reply.

The location and staff was good.

Fabulous!!
    • Splendid Studio Suite

Prices of drinks are very expensive - but that's to be expected in South Beach.

The girl who checked us in was beyond wonderful. She gave us an outstanding room and a glass of sangria upon check-in. Room was gorgeous, bed was beyond comfortable and shower was great! I would definitely come back.

The staff on the hotel bar was not as efficient as the staff...
    • Wonderful Studio Suite Ocean view

The staff on the hotel bar was not as efficient as the staff on the other services of the hotel. Being 10 minutes sitting there, when the bar was empty, and nobody asked me what i wanted to drink is not reasonable. On the other hand the staff at check in, and at the breakfast place were wonderful.

Extremely expensive for nothing. There’s is much more better and cheaper options in miami.
    • Splendid Studio Suite

Everything is over priced in this hotel. Breakfast for $50 per person so we used to eat outside. Alcoholic beverages are super expensive so you have to buy alcohol from the liquor store. Rooms are old not everything working properly. Room acoustic is so bad that you hear everything from the neighbors and from the lobby (lobby was under us) i was waking up everynight because the noises of the bar downstairs. Extremely expensive for nothing.

Welcoming staff, great ambiance, I would definitely stay again.
    • Wonderful Studio Suite Ocean view

Getting the initial attention of the pool staff for service was a little slow and difficult, but once I got their attention it was fine.

The staff were beyond accommodating when I had issues with noisy neighbors. I was promptly relocated to another room without any issues and even received a call the next morning to check if I was satisfied. Special thanks to Rebecca who handled the situation graciously and with a smile.

Great hotel and staff and fantastic location. Unfortunately check-out and invoicing was a disaster..
    • Spectacular Studio Suite Ocean view

Check-out was a disaster. The ninvoice they showed did not included all charges. When I realized the charge in my ANEX account I contacted to the hotel and only a couple of weeks after departure they sent me a second invoice with the rest of charges. Poor customer service for the administration deprtment

Great location, really comfortable room. Breakfast is excellent

The beach is great.
    • Spectacular Studio Suite Ocean view

Inside the hotel most things are at an extra cost. Be ready to have a substantial sum of money blocked on your card the moment you step in. Plus one has to add the daily resort charge (as I understood, it is for using the pool, the beach and other hotel facilities (unclear what those were)). This does not appear in the price when you book the hotel on booking (probably should), but appears in the invoice when you check out. Wi-fi is supposed to be complimentary. The hotel removed the charge from the bill only when I pointed that out to them. Breakfast is available on the premises, but at a substantial extra cost. The streets with all the restaurants, night life and shops are not close to the hotel; it is a long walk which is difficult in the heat. In the afternoon the pool gets occupied by adults consuming alcohol which they enjoy doing inside the pool.

The beach is great. The rooms are big and have a great view. There is a bus stop next to the hotel where you can get a direct bus to the airport.

The property was great.
    • Wonderful Studio Suite Ocean view

We got charged for the valet yet we did not have a car, plus other sneaky little costs that one can miss if you do not inspect your final statement.

The property was great...staff was friendly and the facilities great...until I went next door to 1 Hotel for the remaining 4 days of my trip :-) in comparison, the property was average.

it is in a good location.
    • Splendid Studio Suite

I didn't like the beach services, it add costs for the original booking. I think umbrellas should be complimentary. The pool operating time.

it is in a good location. Nice setting area and amazing breakfast. The rooms are great and nice roof basketball and tennis court.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

Staff are excellent, brilliant hotel.

Absolutely nothing.

Room was amazing with a fantastic view of the beach. Great sized balcony. Bed was a super king and very comfortable. We had a studio room which allowed us to make tea and toast. I have never seen a mini bar so well stocked. The staff are brilliant and very efficient. Nothing was too much trouble. We were even provided with the concierge car one evening to take us to a restaurant across town. This has to be one of the best hotels I've stayed in so far. Would definitely go back.

Perfect for one night
    • Splendid Studio Suite

As most of W-hotel, even the one in Miami is very big, too much for holiday, more likely a "business hotel".

Location and seaview were good. Room was big and comfortable

Friendly & exciting place to be!!
    • Wonderful Studio Suite Ocean view

IN ROOM BAR PRICES ARE VERY OVERESTIMATE - (i.e 70cl Bottle Grey Goose $230).....Really?! Liquor store 100cl Bottle of Grey Goose $40.

SERVICE FROM THE WET DECK TEAM WAS OUTSTANDING. THE FOOD PROVIDED BY THE GRILL BEAUTIFUL. THE VIBE OF THE WHOLE HOTEL IS WELCOMING, CHILLED WITH A PARTY VIBE.

Not really 'Sensational'...
    • Sensational Suite Ocean view

On departure day at 9:30 they wanted to clean my room as they thought I already left. In room breakfast VERY simple for the price you pay and was missing various items. Food in "The Dutch" was bad. Stayed in many W's and this was definitely not the best.

Size of the room is great (Sensational Suite). Great views, but not "Sensational". Hotel is overrated and overpriced. I recommend to stay in W Fort Lauderdale. Much better W hotel and better price.

Great staycation in the heart of SOBE. Spacious rooms and beautiful beach!
    • Splendid Studio Suite

Expect to pay for everything and not a small amount.

The front desk was very friendly and helpful. Even though you're in the heart of SOBE and the staff had an air of sophistication they managed not to give you that "behind the velvet rope" up down look every time you engaged them. The facilities are not huge but there are a lot of hidden spaces so you really don't feel like you're surrounded by a hoard of people which is hard to find on SOBE.

Wonderful hotel
    • Wonderful Studio Suite Ocean view

Expensive rates , quite a long distance from the happening places in Miami beach

Large size rooms with good view of the ocean , great amenities in the room

Good hotel for family vacation
    • Splendid Studio Suite

They do not provide umbrellas on the beach for free; neither first raw chairs,

Good service; location, restaurants; staff are friendly ; big spaced rooms

I loved all of the rooms and the poolside area.
    • Sanctuary Suite Ocean view

I didn't like that fact we had 3 treasured possessions stolen from our room that are not replaceable with any amount of compensation.

I loved all of the rooms and the poolside area. All the staff near the pool were great and very kind/helpful.

friendly staff, location, beach, pool,restaurant, decor
    • Wonderful Studio Suite Ocean view

Lighting in room too dim esp in kitchenette area, staff could have gone over amenities better at check in

friendly staff, location, beach, pool,restaurant, decor

Perfect location for beach and outgoing.
    • Wonderful Studio Suite Ocean view

Quite disappointed with the 'ocean view' the boooking mentioned when you just see part of ocean. Hope can have more details with photos of the view later. I wonder if I book another 'ocean view' room again but cannot see the whole ocean. Anyway I love the hotel location.

Perfect location if going to the beach. They provided drinks and foods service in the W front beach area. Comfort and safety.

Good place to stay a little pretentious.
    • Wonderful Studio Suite Ocean view

Breakfast was not included and for these rates it should be. the food served on the beach was very bad, high priced and not good quality. This turned me off from trying the other food options at the hotel. The hotel is a happening place but I don't want to be asked for my room key when I get beck in the evening because of some party. And not all rooms have a tub so if you looking for that make sure you ask for it.

Very comfortable and clean room with a gorgeous view.

Great hotel if you don't care about relaxing at the pool
    • Wonderful Studio Suite Ocean view

Had an ocean view room which overlooked the pool and Didn't enjoy pool or balcony because they played booom box music the whole time. Whould have enjoyed more of a lobby bar. Bar wasn't inviting. Poor service at bar patio. Charged $16 +20 tip on top included for a watery martini and poor service.

Large comfortable room. Good location. Staff very accommodating other than at patio bar

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Beautiful hotel situated very near to the beach.
    • Spectacular Studio Suite Ocean view

Beautiful hotel. The room had with very nice ocean view. Location was perfect, very near to the beach. Bed was very comfortable. This hotel is definiteli very good choice :-).

1) After three weeks asking gor a couple of hours late check...
    • Spectacular Studio Suite Ocean view

1) After three weeks asking gor a couple of hours late check out, they rejected it. No matter if I am a 20 years all SPG member. 2) Hotel beach premises are possible to rent for non passangers of the W . Due to this you can find parties of 6,7,8 pleople using umbrellas, chairs and others, tapping your ocean viene.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

Great hotel but wish we'd stayed elsewhere
    • Splendid Studio Suite

Bit too pretentious, not enough fun was being had...! As we walked down south beach along the beach front path, we passed lots of other hotels that had groups of young people having fun, music pumping etc. The W Hotel is great if you're with the other half, but as a group of men we wanted somewhere a bit livier!

Top quality.

The bad stuff far outweighs the good bits......
    • Wonderful Studio Suite Ocean view

Pool is without doubt the worst positioned pool of any pool in any hotel/complex/apartment I have ever stayed in. The hotel structure blocks half of the pool area at any one time and the number of sunbeds only caters for about a third of potential guests. So it's packed which means you can't move about, if you are lucky enough to get a sun bed in the 1st place. So you only get half a day of sun at best and couple that with the breeze (as you would get at any hotel located on the beach) that half day is cold! The other big negative is the exorbitant cost of everything - it feels like their pricing strategy is to charge as much as that can get away with.

Cool hotel, good bar, Wall club next door, staff are good, food is good and all have a view of the sea and beach.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

Excellent location & view
    • Wonderful Studio Suite Ocean view

2 sun beds were included with the room, but they charged $25 for an umbrella! After you pay the high room rates, you don't expect to be slammed with that! Also, they set up the sun beds & open the beach kiosk quite late in the morning. We had told them we were celebrating a special anniversary, but all they did was "upgrade" us to a higher floor. Walls are quite thin & there's not much privacy in the balcony, since you can see & be seen from the other balconies next to you.

Location is amazing, right on the beach, at the relatively less crowded end. View from the room was superb. Decor is perfect, lots of modern art & eclectic artefacts scattered through the lobby. Breakfast is not a big spread, but everything is of high quality, fresh & delicious. Service throughout the hotel is good.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

Good
    • Wonderful Studio Suite Ocean view

There should be some flexibility with customers especially when you pay this much for a room with the check in and out time !!

Having good time with my family !

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Fabulous amazing
    • Wonderful Studio Suite Ocean view

Un peu d attente check in et check out

La situation de l hotel Pres de tout J ai adore Le design top Personnel professionnel A l ecoute et tres sympathique

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Rude awakening .
    • Spectacular Studio Suite Ocean view

The staff was horrible very poor attention to the guests, dont come here for any holiday if the place is busy they will completely disregard you . Security was nasty about lowering the music not to mention they provide Bose speakers that you cannot use because u will get a one time warning to shut it off not turn it down as turn it down in their terms means shut it off . Lots of restrictions apply ... never again -

Browse W South Beach traveller photo gallery