Reviews of Waikiki Marina Resort at the Ilikai 3 stars

1777 Ala Moana Boulevard, Suite 135, Waikiki, Honolulu, HI 96815, USA

#24 of 210 hotels in Honolulu

Location fabulous!
    • Junior Lanai Suite City View w/ Full Kitchen

Wash machine broken on my level. Used another machine a level up. This machine appeared to have been sabotaged - all my items stank heavily of fish after using the machine & dryer. I was in the washroom the entire item. Many brand new items have been ruined.

Location fabulous! Good value for money!

great location,
    • Junior Lanai Suite City View w/ Full Kitchen

the room is clean but smell musty. noisy air conditioner.

great location, trolley and bus station are just right on the front gate. close to Ala Moala mall and lagoon.

Fabulous, I will stay here again.
    • Junior Lanai Suite City View w/ Full Kitchen

The convenience store on the ground floor was very expensive, $$$$$. The ABC store across the road was more reasonable, $$$. However, I would strongly recommend a short walk to the Food Pantry a block away, (7-10 minute walk), very reasonable and a better selection of food and alcohol, $$.

Lovely clean, spacious and comfortable apartment. Absolutely amazing views from the open balcony. The location was perfect for me but, if you're looking to be in the heart of the action, you may wish to look at something different. However, transport is right outside the building.

Lived in Hawaii 32 years and always looked upon Ilikai as one of the more convenient hotels.
    • Junior Lanai Suite City View w/ Full Kitchen

Wanted ocean view. THEY could not accommodate our request.

Breakfast restaurant downstairs insufficient to handle guests. 2 days out of 4 that we ate there they had either no fruit or equipment failure, causing them to limit the available items.

Friendly staff, spacious room, clean and comfortable bed!
    • Junior Lanai Suite City View w/ Full Kitchen

Reception is a bit difficult to find at first but the staffs are very friendly. There’s a daily valet fee which is a bit high...

Friendly staff, spacious room, clean and comfortable bed!

Comfortable, location was ok, not sure if I would recommend.
    • Junior Lanai Suite City View w/ Full Kitchen

We arrived early so check in was not available for about 4 or more hours which was disappointing and very tiring. I felt instead of just repeating what the advertised check in time was they could have asked if our room could be made up within an hour or two...Also we felt Kisha delivered the information at check in, in a monotone kind of way, a bit like a recorded message and it was obvious, she did not seem to care at all about our concerns. Other staff were delightful and helpful.

The bed was comfy, Unit was clean and well equipped although we had to ask for a kettle which us Aussies are used to having supplied. Hotel was on the Marina so beach was close by. Cinnamons restaurant was lovely and reasonably priced.

Great facility - mediocre staff decisions or inflexibility on handling our situation.
    • Junior Lanai Suite City View w/ Full Kitchen

Staff made little to no effort to accommodate an early arrival. Vagueness and failure to get back to us cost us half a day waiting around the hotel instead of telling us no they couldn't allow us in a room any earlier. We were displaced by the volcano and had.cancelled two days in Hilo to come to Honolulu and hotel made no effort to accommodate us earlier in the day. An outright 'no' would have been better because we would have gone and done something rather than hang around hotel hoping for an earlier check-in.

Clean comfortable room in a great location for a fair price.

Great place
    • Junior Lanai Suite City View w/ Full Kitchen

Sink in bathroom was a bit small, not a lot of counter space.

Staff was helpful. Room was well equipped. Tv was a bit small. But everything else was pretty comfortable.

Everyone was very friendly, but did not like having to attend a timeshare meeting during vaca.
    • Junior Lanai Suite City View w/ Full Kitchen

Did not like the fact that there was only valet parking and not the self parking at this hotel. The cost of parking is very high. The cleaning is only done once every 4-5 days, which is fine, but there needs to be something to clean with left under the sink - especially in the bathroom. Maybe bathroom wipes to clean/wipe out the sink and wiping the toilet seats or toilet bowl cleaner... Starts to stink after about 3 or so days of use!

We did not get a breakfast of eggs. The bed was very comfortable.

Excellent!
    • Junior Lanai Suite City View w/ Full Kitchen

The air conditioning in our room was noisy. However, it wasn't a problem because it wasn't that hot during our stay, so we turned it off during the night.

Perfect location near the beach! We enjoyed the access to the Waikiki and walked along the scenic route to town everyday. The staff were awesome and an absolute joy to talk to and ask for help. The valet service was quick and easy. The included kitchen was nice for us to make our own breakfast.

The location is great, I like how you walk out the back of...
    • Junior Lanai Suite City View w/ Full Kitchen

Some of the equipment are old and probably need replacements (e.g. the air conditioner, the sliding doors and the strangely diverse door locks in the hallway). The city facing room I got was a little noisy as I can hear the cars go by the window, but the air conditioner created a white noise that covered it up so it didn't affect my sleep. Also the TV didn't seem to work or maybe I just didn't know how to use it.

The location is great, I like how you walk out the back of the hotel and you have the yachts on one side and the beach on the other. The hotel is also walking distance to the Magic Island, a comfortable local beach/park that doesn't have as many people. Many buses stop in front of this hotel. The public space is good and you can just hang out there for few hours comfortably. There is a shop within the hotel so you can get some daily necessities like bottled water or snacks. The room is spacious and clean, it's a decent the price at Waikiki area. The breakfast at the lobby level restaurant was good.

Our room was very comfortable . And Clune I will definitely Come back again👍
    • Junior Lanai Suite City View w/ Full Kitchen

There wasn't a printer At the hotel that I could use to print Out our airline tickets☹

We stayed in a excellent location. Sandy beaches beautiful sunsets. Surrounded by restaurants. Lots of places to shop. And let's not forget Starbucks. All in walking distance.

We will be back!
    • Junior Lanai Suite City View w/ Full Kitchen

Wifi was spotty on the lanai. No ice machines...though they had ice trays in the freezer, I hadn't thought ahead. Ended up buying a 7lb bag for one ice pack.

Great view, comfortable accommodations. will be back! this is our favorite end of Waikiki for beach, entertainment and shopping!

Located out of all the tourist locations in downtown Waikiki.
    • Junior Lanai Suite City View w/ Full Kitchen

This is a timeshare location which is not mentioned anywhere on booking.com. The A/C is in the worst place, along the floor near the feet of those staying on the pullout couch so they freeze while the people in the king bed are hot and it's loud and turns on and off all night. The workout facility was not great - 1 treadmill & 1 row machine for a place that has 25 floors of rooms. No ellipticals or bikes or anything else for cardio. Some valet staff friendly but most were not, couldn't even get a smile out of them. Couldn't get any coffee in the lobby or restaurant until 7am which is hard for those coming from different time zones and wake up super early.

Having a full kitchen was a bonus. Bed is very comfortable. Facilities very clean. They have some shops to get basic supplies and an ice cream parlor with $2 scoops on Tuesdays.

Fantastic hotel and location
    • Junior Lanai Suite City View w/ Full Kitchen

We were on the street side, so traffic was noisy when the door was open. The air con unit was really noisy when on. So kept turning it off and on. Bearable though for the great room, service and location.

Grand entrance to a great hotel in a great location. The room was huge and very clean. The lagoon next door and proximity to the beach and marina was awesome. Lots of food/restaurant choices and all the staff were friendly and helpful. We loved it. There are laundry facilities on the floor which were so handy. We really liked the history of the Ilikai too. Transport options were also super easy from the hotel. Highly recommend.

Great central location with well appointed kitchen
    • Junior Lanai Suite City View w/ Full Kitchen

The air con sounded as though a rocket was taking off! Luckily we didn’t use it much

Well appointed kitchen with open plan living. A great place to stay

It was enjoyable!
    • Junior Lanai Suite City View w/ Full Kitchen

The WiFi, the hotel being so far from the strip and my parking experience in the beginning. Finding the hotel was difficult at first. I input the name of the hotel according to the confirmation email I got in my Waze GPS app, which lead me to a parking garage. Come to find out, the parking garage was a walk from the hotel. We had to carry our bags a little distance on the walk way at night, which was only wide enough to allow one person to walk on at a time. We went to the first hotel which was the wrong one. The lady there directed us to go around the corner and to look for all of the flags outside, which the hotel had no flags but said illikai. We went to the front desk, and that too was the wrong place. She then walked us to the tiny office in the huge building. It was a round start but the staff was able to change the mood and make our check-in process smooth.

The WiFi was terrible. I brought my computer to do homework but couldn't accomplish my task because the WiFi wouldn't work. I tried making a call through WiFi, but it would last 5 seconds and disconnect due to poor signal. The parking was a mess at first but then was settled. I was told that parking was half price for Kama'aina residents but the valet made a mistake with that, being that there are several hotels they were parking cars for. It was kinda a confusing set-up, but the staff was great enough to call the valet department and correct what they told guests. I wish the location was closer to the strip but that was probably my fault. It was kind of strange that the office was in a tiny office in a big building, but the staff was still excellent with customer service. They were welcoming and knowledgable. I was kind of bummed that we couldn't exchange towels. If we did want to exchange bath towels, it was like $75. I guess my expectations was that it was going to be more of a hotel type of place, but it was more towards the timeshare side. The room was nice though, spacious and with a great view of the city. We had a full kitchen and great bed sizes in the room. The most important thing to me when I chose to book here was the kitchen, and although we didn't use it much, it was still nice to have... just in case! Overall, we had a great stay and I would recommend it if you're looking for room spacing, a kitchen, restaurants nearby, multiple pools and friendly staff.

The location and service levels were great at the Ilikai.
    • Junior Lanai Suite City View w/ Full Kitchen

The location and service levels were great at the Ilikai. Value for money was excellent, and everyone including the staff and fellow guests were very friendly. For our purposes, a family vacation, it was a perfect choice.

clean
    • Junior Lanai Suite City View w/ Full Kitchen

Check in time could have been a little earlier and check out could have been later. Check in at 4pm and out by 10am was a little difficult.

Room was exceptionally clean.

Love the location!
    • Junior Lanai Suite City View w/ Full Kitchen

Love the location! Plus, the bottom floor has a mini-mart, shops, cafe, and a restaurant which were all amazing and convenient but not overly crowded. I would definitely stay here again!

• Junior Lanai Suite City View w/ Full Kitchen

City view rooms: Road noise is a factor but it does get quieter after 10 pm. Still great value for the quality of room and location. The rooms on the sea view side are quiet with great views

Great location. Clean comfortable spacious rooms. Fully equipped kitchen was great when traveling with young kids. Good massage parlour and restaurant in lobby area.

Location was good,room was spacious.
    • Junior Lanai Suite City View w/ Full Kitchen

Would have been nice to know that this was a timeshare (we were asked twice to attend a 90 min.session).The guest recieving employees sent us away in our taxi upon arrival after I showed them our reservation papers saying we were in the wrong place, after returning they still said we were in the wrong place. The front desk finally confirmed but were unresponsive to complaints, just sent us to a timeshare rep who tried to talk us into a 90 min. meeting, very disappointing start to our holiday, then a followup phone call later still pushing the timeshare. We will never return and would be hard pressed to use your service again!

Location was good,room was spacious.

Excellent staff, great location.
    • Junior Lanai Suite City View w/ Full Kitchen

Bathroom needs updating and the water pressure was terrible in the shower. While someone was in the shower you could not turn on any other tap as they lost all pressure in the shower.

The ease to book in and the friendliness of staff.

Very nice comfortable clean, friendly. Great location. Time share meeting offered w/ $200 gift card
    • Junior Lanai Suite City View w/ Full Kitchen

I wished the restaurant had more vegetarian options. Your bonus question above doesnt make sense. I presume you're asking about the restuant at the resort not the other way around. "Bonus Question – How was the Waikiki Marina Resort at the Ilikai restaurant? "

I did not eat at the restaurant there. The entire building was clean and safe. You can take the city bus right to the hotel from the airport. Vise versa. The rooms were great. Kitchen helped on food costs too. The rooms were very solid so you heard no sounds from other guests.

• Junior Lanai Suite City View w/ Full Kitchen

Very noisy airco. Housekeeping could be better. Property is getting old and needs serious renovation. The building could use a restaurant where quality is more important than quantity.

Call to check on your room
    • Junior Lanai Suite City View w/ Full Kitchen

The room was not what I reserved and had to pay $80 to switch to a room with a king bed. I think that it was Booking.com's fault, but either way the room I wanted cost me $80 extra.

Very delightful stay. Excellent
    • Junior Lanai Suite City View w/ Full Kitchen

Staff was really friendly and helpful. They manage to check us in early upon arriving early in the morning. Location was excellent - next to malls, shops, and beach access. Room was fully equipped with basic cooking utensils. Good for families and people who want to eat in or have a small budget. Eating out can get expensive.

It was a bit tricky to find the location for a first timer.
    • Junior Lanai Suite City View w/ Full Kitchen

It was a bit tricky to find the location for a first timer. Ilikai is a residential tower and there is another hotel in the same premises so it was a bit tricky to locate.

Worst ! Vacation!
    • Junior Lanai Suite City View w/ Full Kitchen

There were NO Ice machines. The pool has a max capacity of ONLY 50 people and there were 26 floors in the hotel ! They only clean the room once in our 7 day stay. No self parking only valet.

Very satisfied.
    • Junior Lanai Suite City View w/ Full Kitchen

In the nigt,in voulbard side room,I felt that vehicle was noisy.

Some stuffs can speak Japanese well.And equipments are very clean,useful and enough to stay with family.Beach and lagune are next to the hotel so that little children enjoy playing there.There are many bus lines that is very convenien to go main paces.

Clean, well kept common areas. Rooms meet expectations.
    • Junior Lanai Suite City View w/ Full Kitchen

Would have been nice to have been offered a complimentary breakfast. The swimming pool was not open for most of the nights we stayed. Had a group of 4 guests in a king bed with pull out bed, and there was not enough blankets and sheets. Called lobby for more and they would have charged me extra. Not good value.

Great location near the Waikiki Beach and shopping area. Great outdoor sitting area that views the beach/ocean.

Good spot.
    • Junior Lanai Suite City View w/ Full Kitchen

Our balcony faced the street but ok.

Nice big room with balcony and kitchen is perfect for family of 3. King size bed was comfortable. Easy to take buses into city centre. Lots of restaurants around.

lovely clean with good facility's.
    • Junior Lanai Suite City View w/ Full Kitchen

The concierge and the staff were a bit stiff.

We found the room clean the beds were comfy, loved that each level had its own laundry room, the location was excellent but the views we had were average, we were facing the highway it was very noisy, we slept with the door open due to the air conditioner being to noisy to keep on all night. i was a little disappointed with the concierge in the marina resort we were not able to book trips with them unless we signed up to sit through a 2 hour time share seminar, i explained we are here for a holiday the last thing i need is another business meeting regardless of the discounts. we ended up booking in the main foyer with Sandra she was lovely, apart from that we had a comfortable stay.

Will never go back to that place
    • Junior Lanai Suite City View w/ Full Kitchen

Horrible noisy room handing out over not only a busy road but hotel equipment that made endless noise. The pool was closed and other facilities were pathetic.

Nothing really

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

Great location to Waikiki beaches & shops, value for money, friendly staff
    • Junior Lanai Suite City View w/ Full Kitchen

The pullout sofa bed was raised at the head end & couldn’t be flattened despite calling for staff assistance because it was a design fault of the sofa bed. This meant my husband & I found ourselves slipping towards the bed end during the night which wasn’t the best. We could see these sofas were also in other hotel rooms🙁

Location to beach & shops, convenience of seeing free weekly fireworks, hula & other entertainment downstairs at hotel was a bonus

Very happy with hotel and location.
    • Junior Lanai Suite City View w/ Full Kitchen

The pool was closed for renovation but we knew that when we booked. No negatives.

The location on the beach next to the Marina and the Hawaiian Village was great and we liked that it was quieter than in the busy central Waikiki beach area.The buses stopped at the front of hotel or it was a 15 minute walk along beach or through park to get into the main strip. The Ala Moana shopping mall and a large beach side park were just a 10 minute walk away in the other direction.

We like the location and the layout of the room which was a...
    • Junior Lanai Suite City View w/ Full Kitchen

Everything is fine but the concierge services. The only thing they wanted to do is get you go to timeshares. They were useless. Also, the bell station tried to charge a few for storing or luggage which according to their receptionist was illegal.

We like the location and the layout of the room which was a jr suite.

tion,friendly concierge, great on site restaurant .
    • Junior Lanai Suite City View w/ Full Kitchen

Check in could have been friendlier Didn't realise it was a time share and they were trying to sell you a unit When site did not explain this fact

Great location,good sized room, comfortable beds, friendly concierge,

Comfortable, safe and friendly resort, I will be back!

No issues here

Bed like a cloud, kitchen conveniently stocked w cooking needs, staff very helpful and friendly.... very comfortable stay, great location by the marina.

The staff at the front desk was very friendly and made sure...
    • Junior Lanai Suite City View w/ Full Kitchen

The parking situation - could have a structure for guests who didn’t opted for the valet option

The staff at the front desk was very friendly and made sure our stay was pleasant.

We enjoyed the holiday but would not stay at the ilikai again it came highly recommended that’s why
    • Junior Lanai Suite City View w/ Full Kitchen

The pool was not working and on our second to last day there was a picket line out side the motel they started changing at 5.45am and did not stop until 8pm that night

Great staff

Would stay here again....
    • Junior Lanai Suite City View w/ Full Kitchen

Noise from the street but you would get that with the majority of the hotel is since it was such a busy city

Loved the location and the beaches were awesome and the Lagoon was great for kids

very friendly team at the reception
    • Junior Lanai Suite City View w/ Full Kitchen

We forgot some jewelries in the room (of course it is our problem) and informed about it. I was disappointed that nobody found them.

very friendly team at the reception

Great location, if we come back to Oahu we would stay here again.
    • Junior Lanai Suite City View w/ Full Kitchen

Hot water in the shower was a problem, we had cold showers.

Everyone was friendly, staff were great, hotel was at the right end of Waikiki away from the hustle and bustle. Transport was right out front of the hotel and we could walk everywhere if we wanted too.

Good value and great location in Honolulu
    • Junior Lanai Suite City View w/ Full Kitchen

Very loud air con unit. Pillows had no firmness to them. No kettle for making tea

Good location. Close to ala Moana and nice beaches. Our unit was well stocked with amenities and Modern appliances

Excellent and would return anytime we next visit Hawaii
    • Junior Lanai Suite City View w/ Full Kitchen

Internet connection was very patchy and could not connect a lot of the time with tablets. Other than this there was no other issue's with the property

The room was large and well equiped for do it yourself cooking if required, very clean and tidy and well maintained. Staff where very helpfull with check in and tour and bus advice, view from room was excellent for a level three view on the boulivard. Highly recommend this accomodation for its position to everything.

Great value, especially if you are travelling with children. I look forward to my next stay here!
    • Junior Lanai Suite City View w/ Full Kitchen

My only wish is that checkout was a little later than 10am.

I felt that staying at this property was of great value. The location is excellent and the room was very comfortable. Cinnamon's Restaurant being so close was very nice.

we all enjoyed our stay
    • Junior Lanai Suite City View w/ Full Kitchen

only thing is the pool was under reno but we knew this at booking time and the lagoon and ocean more than made up for it.

The space is a good size for 2 adults 2 kids comfortable, the property in very clean and tidy. Beach is very close 10-15 minute walk the lagoon is great the kids had a blast. Fireworks on Friday night major shopping mall within a 15 minute walk. The pink line trolley stops in front of the property. Shuttle to the Polynesian cultural center picks up right out front. We also took advantage of a late checkout as our flight was at 10pm

The room was large and clean great for a family to stay in
    • Junior Lanai Suite City View w/ Full Kitchen

The room was large and clean great for a family to stay in We liked it so much we extended our stay Staff were great and helpful Great location there wasn’t anything to complain about Would recommend to anyone we will definitely return

would stay again
    • Junior Lanai Suite City View w/ Full Kitchen

Directions to the correct section of the Hotel. The first reception desk was not very helpful at all and it was only when our granddaughter came to meet us that she took us to the right reception area. Just a bit confusing.

Very convenient for a short stopover before a cruise back to Australia

Comfortable stay in a good location.
    • Junior Lanai Suite City View w/ Full Kitchen

Pool fairly small for such a huge complex. Second pool more attractive setting but shallow.

Clean room and good kitchen facilities if you need to cook. Comfortable bed. Not far from the Alo moana shopping center.

in the end all was good
    • Junior Lanai Suite City View w/ Full Kitchen

Communications from us to the hotel

All was good, little trouble booking in, as they didn't read, answer any of out emails, didn't listen to any of our requests. Once and settled all was good

Dont stay here!! Bed bugs!!!
    • Junior Lanai Suite City View w/ Full Kitchen

There are bed bugs in our hotel room !!! I got bitten three times ! bed bugs in the room!! The bugs so quick to run and hard to kill ! Manager doesn't achknowledge it's the hotel and suggest bugs came from the plane/car and latched onto luggage into the room! I hope no guests uses that room we just left .

It was close by to bus and shops

Comfortable large bed and pillows.
    • Junior Lanai Suite City View w/ Full Kitchen

Fold out sofa bed had almost no blanket and when opened was close to air conditioner so very cold. Ground around the Pool was scolding hot. I saw kids walk on it and then scream, it was burning them. Some matting for a walkway to get in pool would be good.

Comfortable large bed and pillows. Location to Waikiki and Ala Moana Kitchen well stocked and useful

Stress free and comfortable
    • Junior Lanai Suite City View w/ Full Kitchen

For me, bed was too soft. A bit noisy and not very good view if your room faces the big street. Also when I emailed ahead of our trip on transportation, no reply came back.

Great location near lagoon and beach. Stress free. Great restaurant at top of same building (also on ground floor and even next-door hotel) Very reasonable as well

- Location is perfect, 5 mins away from downtown, 2 mins...
    • Junior Lanai Suite City View w/ Full Kitchen

- little bit confusing to find out the check-in place - it's almost impossible to park around, except for the valet service within the hotel

- Location is perfect, 5 mins away from downtown, 2 mins away from Waikiki beach - Great staff - A couple of convenient shops in the lobby - Access to public transportation

Great place to stay for the price.

nothing comes to mind

Proximity to the beach, shopping center and bus stop was great. The fireworks by the Hilton and the lagoon on Friday at 8 pm is awesome. Having a kitchen to cook meals comes handy. When I needed some extra towels and toilet paper service was expedient. Overall I was satisfied. I would stay here again. The room is a good size for 4 adults.

Well located and a spacious room.
    • Junior Lanai Suite City View w/ Full Kitchen

The street facing balcony was exceptionally noisey, it was difficult to chat while sitting out there. That's not really the fault of the hotel, but still a mar on the experience at the property.

Spacious room. Well located with good facilities. The staff were very kind to let my travel companion check in early and before I had arrived due to a delayed plane.

Location good.
    • Junior Lanai Suite City View w/ Full Kitchen

Waikiki in general is expensive. The property was generally better value for money than others in the area.

Room Junior Suite clean and tidy and comfy bed. Own kitchen. Wifi free and good.

We stayed for over a week so having the fully equipped...
    • Junior Lanai Suite City View w/ Full Kitchen

If you have rented a car you have to be prepared to pay a minimum of $20 per day for parking if you self park or $28 for valet.

We stayed for over a week so having the fully equipped kitchen and laundry facilities on our floor was essential :)

Great location overlooking Marina and close to lagoon and beach.
    • Junior Lanai Suite City View w/ Full Kitchen

Was a bit noisy on balcony.

Loved the view from our room towards the harbour and across from Hawaiian Village. We had stayed earlier in Waikiki and enjoyed the different location of Waikiki Marina Resort.

Family stay, close to everything you need, that won't break your budget.
    • Junior Lanai Suite City View w/ Full Kitchen

There was a hidden cost for weekend stay that we didn't know. Help desk wasn't as helpful when we didn't want free breakfast in return for 4 hr seminar on timeshare. We ended up booking our own car.

Close to beach. Close to Alamoana. Easy bus routes. Walked everywhere in Waikiki, it was close to everything. Downstairs pool was handy. Washing machines easy to use. In room coffee machine and kitchen had everything we needed.

Lovely family reunion
    • Junior Lanai Suite City View w/ Full Kitchen

Enjoyed our stay, great that you can cook and the kitchen was fullly equiped. We booked 4 rooms and one of the rooms Had the view of the of ocean which was spectacular.

Perfect for a family of four, clean and comfortable, we'd stay again for sure.
    • Junior Lanai Suite City View w/ Full Kitchen

We liked everything although would have liked a pop-up type bar in the pool area perhaps serving a limited menu of bar food and drinks, either by the pool on the ground floor or the second floor pool. Would have made those late afternoons by the pool even better.

The room was small when the sofa bed was open however it was perfectly fine for us. The main king bed was super comfy and the sofa bed not too bad either. The kitchen was fabulous and the bathroom was clean and roomy. We had a city view and enjoyed sitting on the good size balcony with our breakfast or later at night with a drink watching life unfold below. Plenty of room for our clothes and luggage to go out of the way. The staff were always smiling and helpful, there was a great coffee shop off the lobby and the small convenience shop in the foyer was very handy to have. A bus stop right out the front was handy although we tended to walk everywhere even to Waikiki beach which only took about 15-20 minutes. See more of the place that way.

Awesome and convenient place to stay.
    • Junior Lanai Suite City View w/ Full Kitchen

Ice machines on every floor would have been nice. We stayed on the 22nd floor, having to go up to the 25th floor was a little inconvenient, as waiting for the elevator that high up could take a bit.

The beds were awesome, kitchen too. Staff very friendly and accommodating!! From the start, you could feel the Aloha spirit. The laundry room was very accommodating as well.

Awesome stay at Waikiki Marina Resort
    • Junior Lanai Suite City View w/ Full Kitchen

Rude taxi drivers and airline flight attendants (united). :(.

The lagoon. Fireworks. Food. Music. Knowing it is a timeshare property was expecting high pressure from staff to attend meetings. I made it clear we weren't interested and they backed off. I appreciate that very much

Luxury options/location without the price tag..
    • Junior Lanai Suite City View w/ Full Kitchen

They only service the room every third day which would have been fine but they forgot one of our days. Very responsive when bought to their attention. The air conditioner in our room was loud although didn't really bother us - might for a light sleeper (this might have just been our particular room as they are wall air conditioners).

The room was huge, 2 doubles and a fold out queen - very comfortable. Large Bathroom, fully equipped kitchen including coffee machine (old school one), microwave, full size fridge and breakfast bar. Great location - Waikiki trolley stop out the front. ATM and general store in the lobby and across the road. Several eateries close by. Staff very friendly but not over the top, booked shuttles for us in minutes and provided really good advice. Allowed us a very early check in (9am versus 4pm) without charge (we emailed ahead). This was a blessing having done the red eye from Australia. 10 Min walk to Major Shopping Centre Ala Moana, 2 min to the beach, 15 min walk to Waikiki shopping strip/Duke Kahanamoku Statue or 5 minute trolley ride if you want to pay the $2 fair. The resort was next door to the Hilton resort so got to see fireworks, swim in their lagoon and attend their shops/dinning areas/bars. It was really nice to have access to luxury without having to pay the luxury rates. The resort itself has an average pool but lovely lobby area and grounds. Free entertainment on some nights, has its own restaurant, coffee shop and some craft shops. Direct access to the beach via walkway at back of resort. While the self contained apartments are not part of the hotel you use all of the same facilities, only difference is no 24/7 check in, office open from 7am-11pm and it is located down from the General Store not in the entry of the hotel. They offer bag storage if you arrive early and your room isn't ready.

Relaxing 😎
    • Junior Lanai Suite City View w/ Full Kitchen

Would of like a room looking out over the Marina. Needs a bit of maintenance as the shower dripped, but we should of told them & they probably would of sent a maintenance person to fix it. But over all very 😊

Very handy to shops & transport. Lovely staff.

Great property!!
    • Junior Lanai Suite City View w/ Full Kitchen

Pool was great though it is looking a little dated. Our room was terrific for three adults, we loved the location. Close walk to ala Moana, the Convention centre and easy walk to Waikiki. Loved it!! I have recommended your property to my parents for later in the year.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

Recommend.
    • Junior Lanai Suite City View w/ Full Kitchen

Air conditioner a bit noisy.shower pressure a bit week.

The staff where very friendly.rooms clean and comfortable.Great position walking distance to shops.

Staycation happiness
    • Junior Lanai Suite City View w/ Full Kitchen

The A/C in the room was a little noisy between temperature regulating and had a hard time sleeping. Was not used to the noise, but on the second night, I was able to overcome the noise with my earphones.

The entire staff was professional, accommodating and had aloha through and through.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

GREAT place. LOVELY people. BEAUTIFUL beaches.
    • Junior Lanai Suite City View w/ Full Kitchen

Friendly, helpful staff. Close to everything: the beach, shopping etc. There's a bus for $2.50 that can take you to a LOT of places. We went to Hanauma Bay (beautiful beach, great for snorkeling. Worth the trip, would definitely recommend) on the bus. The hotel has a Hula Show (on Fridays I think) which was AMAZING, A MUST SEE. The mini mart on site is great but a bit pricey so we went to an ABC store, which has one on pretty much every street in Waikiki. Would definitely come back again!!

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

We would have no hesitation in recommending this resort and would stay there again next time we go
    • Junior Lanai Suite City View w/ Full Kitchen

Smoking on walkway heading to the beach. We would have no

Location location location , kitchen was very good , bed was extremely comfortable we really had no complaints.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

Great hotel with convenient location
    • Junior Lanai Suite City View w/ Full Kitchen

Nothing really that I didn't like except the rusty balcony door, and it's pretty hard to open at first.

The property is pretty convenient to the beach and the convention center, which I needed to go. Hotel facilities are pretty good and up to standard. :) Hotel staffs are very friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

Location, the room,, having a full kitchen didn't even...
    • Junior Lanai Suite City View w/ Full Kitchen

Didn't know this was a time share property when we booked. The staff tried to get us to one of those pressure buy events but at our age we told them we were not interested. The only complaint about the room was the air conditioner was so loud, I had to wear ear plugs, but that would not deter me from booking again.

Location, the room,, having a full kitchen didn't even mind not having maid service

Browse Waikiki Marina Resort at the Ilikai traveller photo gallery