2. USA hotel reviews
  3. California hotel reviews
  4. San Francisco hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Warfield Hotel

Reviews of Warfield Hotel

118 Taylor Street, Tenderloin, San Francisco, CA 94102, United States of America

#239 of 259 hotels in San Francisco

5.7

5.6

5.7

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: March 17, 2019

• Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

The Hotel as a whole is decent and you WOULD get a great value, and I WOULD stay there often, however, I will NEVER stay there EVER again. I was accused of having "too many" visitors in my room at one time. To the point where three times the front desk person followed me to my room, accusing me of allowing "those kind of people" in my room, just to find NO ONE in my room. I never received a single apology from any member of the staff. At one moment my boss came with me upstairs and he was REDICULED and yelled at by the front desk staff saying I had to many people in my room, when I had NONE. Then there is what set me off, I lost my key one night while I was out to dinner, and I asked the front desk if they could make me another one and they told me that they key machine was not working. And I asked them to let me in my room at least and they told me that they could not do it, and they refused to let me back in. When I asked why, they simply said " No I can't". So I was locked out of a room that I was paying for, was denied access to all of my belongings, and was lied to saying that they "Key machine" was not working. I even asked what the policy was for lock outs, what the policy was for guests, and the only thing I was ever told was "Why is there always a problem with you everyday". THEY REFUSED TO GIVE ME ACCESS TO MY BELONGINGS OR TO MAKE ME A KEY OR EVEN TO ALLOW ME UPSTAIRS when I had 3 days of my FULLY PAID reservation left.

Stayed in March 2019

• Reviewed: March 3, 2019

• Queen Room with Private Bathroom

The first room they placed us in the bathroom door didn't shut as it hit the sink on its way shut! The staff were aware of this and seemed confused as to why we'd want another room. The room they relocated us to was bigger but not clean and on the second night they'd placed a plastic sheet under the mattress which was very disconcerting. We thought about removing it but decided we didn't want to see the state of the mattress underneath. The bathroom was passable but dirty. There was no breakfast although it said it was included in the price. The hotel is in Tenderloin which is a VERY dodgy area although close to a lot of good stuff. The homeless people seem harmless but there are loads of them everywhere taking drugs and shooting up directly outside the hotel. Plus incredibly loud throughout the night. Don't let the pictures fool you. This hotel may seem like it's been done up but it's falling apart at the seams. Do not stay in Tenderloin, Do not stay at this hotel.

Stayed in March 2019

• Reviewed: February 21, 2019

The building looked historic and close to a couple parking...
    • Queen Room with Private Bathroom

Our shower didn’t work, so we had to use the community shower down the hallway. That showers should be cleaned daily and it wasn’t cleaned once the entire weekend we stayed. Kind of gross. There were also homeless outside the front doors periodically.

The building looked historic and close to a couple parking garages.

• Reviewed: February 17, 2019

It was central to everything I was wanting to do but as soon...
    • Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

It was central to everything I was wanting to do but as soon as I walked out the front door my first night after checking in there were people shooting heroin near the front door and the neighborhood wasn’t very friendly but the hotel and the service was a plus the Peyton meet in The Warfield are definitely interesting

• Reviewed: February 17, 2019

• Deluxe Queen Room

The cleaning was terrible (we found a dildo under a couch in the bedroom, and hair on the sheets). The breakfast was really bad. The price was extremely high for the kind of service

• Reviewed: February 16, 2019

The hotel itself is clean and comfortable.

The location, while in the center and close to some interesting points, doesn't feel safe.

The hotel itself is clean and comfortable. Nice staff, rooms are well equipped and there is coffee and tea to drink in the morning. Given the price, we were pleasantly surprised.

• Reviewed: February 8, 2019

Pretty much had everything I wanted - short walking distance...
    • Queen Room with Private Bathroom

The housekeeping was a little overzealous - for example replacing my once-used bar of soap, throwing away the paper with the wifi password that I left sitting on the dresser. Also the iron should be checked. The steam function is not working.

Pretty much had everything I wanted - short walking distance to convention center, breakfast included, private bathroom, reasonably clean, for under $200/night.

• Reviewed: February 4, 2019

Nice stay for a reasonable budget
    • Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

Room not soundproofing. Could hear the neighbors talking, snoozing clearly.

Mattress comfortable. Good central location next to all commodities. Despite shared shower and restrooms it was clean. People cared. Good for money.

• Reviewed: January 26, 2019

The bed was nice we had the room with a restroom it was...
    • Queen Room with Private Bathroom

The area was a block away from the bad neighborhood and there was a lot of homeless people hanging around also our room was on the side where there was construction going on across the street so they were very loud starting at 5am

The bed was nice we had the room with a restroom it was clean and kept up with. Everything was clean

• Reviewed: January 26, 2019

Fair deal
    • Queen Room with Private Bathroom

The breakfast is served on the lobby so you can barely seat or get comfortable, it does not bother if you're on a short stay. The bed was too soft.

the location was good and the room was bigger than we expected. the staff was very friendly and the shared bathrooms was pretty clean.

• Reviewed: January 24, 2019

Hotel was fine, nice staff but overpriced because of a very bad area and rooms could be cleaner!
    • Queen Room with Private Bathroom

It is not hotel's fault but the neighbourhood is really horible. But really horible!! I repeat - staff can't do nothing about it!

Hotel is solid but overpriced for sure. Staff is very nice and friendly, we felt very welcomed.

• Reviewed: January 7, 2019

It’s ok
    • Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

The people on the other rooms were too noisy, there are lot of homeless people in the area but they are not aggressive.

The location is good, also the bed and the staff. The break fast is standard

• Reviewed: January 6, 2019

Good option for tourists
    • Queen Room with Private Bathroom

Our window is along the road side. During night it is kind of noisy. You won't miss people's music and conversations in the road.

The bed is very comfortable. Location is very convenient.

• Reviewed: January 5, 2019

Staff was always available.
    • Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

We had hairs on our bed and changed into another room. The breakfast for the whole hotel on one sticky table in the small lobby.

Staff was always available.

• Reviewed: January 4, 2019

Friendly and always helpful staff (I was even allowed to use...
    • Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

Everything was totally nice during my stay at Warfield Hotel.

Friendly and always helpful staff (I was even allowed to use the hotel's address as my mail address), good location, clean bedroom, bathroom, and shared areas, nice breakfast, coffee and tea provided all day long at the lobby.

• Reviewed: January 2, 2019

The sink was tiny and broken, they didn't care when we...
    • Queen Room with Private Bathroom

The sink was tiny and broken, they didn't care when we went to tell them. The whole place was kinda smelly and didn't overall seem to have thoroughly been cleaned (to me) : things were a little sticky. The neighborhood wasnt great but it's only fair to say that I knew it beforehand.

• Reviewed: January 1, 2019

No place to eat your breakfast- you have to take everything...
    • Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

No place to eat your breakfast- you have to take everything at your room Our room was not properly cleaned- we found old food in the fridge and dummy under our bed from previous guests-disgusting! And one shower for whole floor is not enough! This place is not deffinetly worth the money!

• Reviewed: December 31, 2018

The only positive aspect is that it is closed to Union...
    • Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

Price too high for that service. Shared bathroom not very clean. I stayed for 2 days and in one of these they forgot to clean our room. Central position, but very unsafe area, in the worst neighborhood of SF, the Tenderloin. Avoid this place.

The only positive aspect is that it is closed to Union Square and Market St.

• Reviewed: December 19, 2018

One night stay only for this hotel.
    • Standard Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The property location has no parking area and quite a number of homeless people in the neighborhood esp at night. No toilet in the room. The lady receptionist who answered my inquiry was not helpful. There's a foul smell when we opened the window for ventilation.

The beds were a bit comfy. We had twin beds. There a ref and microwave oven. The public restroom and shower room were clean and properly maintained.

• Reviewed: December 16, 2018

Very friendly hosts, good location, not perfect though
    • Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

Breakfast was only Toast, Strawberry Jam, Banana, Yogurt and Coffee with old milk. And the cleaning service woke us up twice despite we had the "private please"-sign outsite. And we had problems with the Wifi in the evening, streaming in the evening wasn't possible.

Very friendly hosts, bed was nice, TV worked without problems, great place to start every possible adventure in San Francisco. Many shops, coffee shops, Cable Car and Metro only a few minutes walk from Hotel. Not Hotel's fault, but many drug addicts arround, so maybe not the best place to spend time with your family. But if you like freak shows there is no better place :D

• Reviewed: December 9, 2018

Evaluation of Warfield hotel
    • Queen Room with Private Bathroom

The breakfast is not a real breakfast. The hotel doesn't have parking. The front desk service is unfriendly. The outside of the hotel is full of homeless which makes one feel unwelcome to this place. The bathroom was not adequately cleaned.

The hotel was close to the place where I have a meeting.

• Reviewed: December 4, 2018

Great experience in SF
    • Deluxe Queen Room

As others have mentioned, the location is sketchy; however most of SF is and it doesn't matter the hotel. We were familiar with SF, so knee this.

A reasonable stay in San Fransisco. There are ample brand name hotels nearby, but triple the price so we opted for Warfield. We would absolutely stay again.

• Reviewed: December 3, 2018

Stay clear of that place.
    • Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

At this price and location I really did not expect much. But at least I expected the staff to not leave the room door open for the whole day, after they came inside in spite of the "do not disturb" sign - which is exactly what happened.

• Reviewed: November 19, 2018

Very uncomfortable, I did not appreciate that it was a shared bathroom
    • Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

The bathroom was clogged, the room was clean but not cozy at all. Staff was always rushed and rude. The location was a bit disturbing

They offered coffee in the morning

• Reviewed: November 18, 2018

It was the most horrible hotel experience I ever had.
    • Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

It was the most horrible hotel experience I ever had. The hotel and the room was not clean. The first night I was there I found red stain on the bed sheets. I asked the staff to change it. After sleeping there for the night I found I had bed bugs bites all over my hands, legs and arms. It was horrible. The area and neighbourhood was also not safe.

• Reviewed: November 15, 2018

Location is really good.
    • Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

It's really expensive for its amenities. It smells weed all the time. So many weird people in the other rooms. Rooms are so small. Pay a bit more and stay in a nice place. I don't recommend this place at all!!

Location is really good.

• Reviewed: November 14, 2018

If you have the mindset “I’m just sleeping here” best bang for your buck.
    • Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

Surrounding area was so ghetto. It smells like urine and fecises on every corner. Homeless are everywhere, pretty sure there was some drug dealing going on in front of hotel as I walked back.

Hotel was clean. Very cozy and homey. Extremely quiet and peaceful in the hotel itself.

• Reviewed: November 6, 2018

Friendly staff, happy to help and assist, good budget place to stay.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The hotel is in a good location but you do have to take on board that it is the borderline of the Tenderloin district. One road leads to the tourist locations/destinations. The other leads to the not so nice area. There are a few homeless people hanging around but overall we found them harmless. It can just be a little intimidating. I wouldn't have liked to have been a younger female on my own or with my friend. Glad I was with my partner.

The staff were very friendly and happy to help in anyway they could. The rooms were kept spotless and the linen and towels are changed everyday. I thought it was good value for money, we booked on a budget so we had more money to spend. We stayed twice during our visit to the states (travelling around) and Cananda and our second room was much nicer than the first so maybe spending a little more money for a nicer room is the way to go.

• Reviewed: November 2, 2018

Not really worth the money but I guess if you only need a place to sleep it’s alright
    • Queen Room with Private Bathroom

The hotel is super old and run down. Breakfast was eggo, really? Not even a real breakfast room provided. And the constant piss smell on the street is unbearable.

Location was the only thing. It was close to various tourist places. But you turn the corner and there was a whole other world. Too sketchy if you try to walk around yourself

• Reviewed: October 31, 2018

Worst Hotel Ever! Has Bedbugs! Do Not Book!
    • Queen Room with Private Bathroom

My booking was for 2 nights, ended up checking out very early morning after I had bedbug bites all over my arm, cockroaches in bathroom, do not book this hotel, it’s infested with bedbugs! Hotel Manager never called me back & after a couple of weeks in attempt to get a refund by calling the hotel and sending the pictures over, nothing has been done. Avoid this hotel and pay extra somewhere clean.

Got Bedbug bites in my arm staying in this Hotel.

• Reviewed: October 30, 2018

Don’t ruin your trip, don’t stay here!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The worst location I’ve ever been in my life. People should be aware of the neighborhood and specially the block that this hotel is situated, as I have never seen anything worse. I lost my 4 days in San Francisco, the hotel wouldn’t give me a refund for me to find another hotel so I just stayed trapped in the hotel room. But if you don’t mind being surrounded by violent homeless people and drug dealers, you should not have any issues staying here.

Nothing at all

• Reviewed: October 28, 2018

Thankfully only had to stay one night before going to a nicer hotel.
    • Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

Cockroach in the toilet, blocked toilets on all floors in the morning. Stains on bed sheets and pillow. Overlooked a very busy street so was very noisy during the night and early hours of the morning. No parking available at the hotel. There’s a multi storey nearby for $35.

Checking out

• Reviewed: October 22, 2018

An affordable stay for a quick city trip
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Night-time was very noisy, as there was a lot of activity on the streets below. I didn't sleep well. Not so much the hotel's fault since it is in the Tenderloin district. I recommend bringing some ear plugs.

The lobby, hallways and room were all very clean and appeared to be recently renovated. All facilities were in excellent condition. The manually operated elevator door was fun and charming.

• Reviewed: October 13, 2018

The location is next to Market street what seems to be a...
    • Queen Room with Private Bathroom

The bathroom didn’t had a small window on one side, we ask to put something in front of it but there wasn’t much coorporation. We had a room next to a busy street so you heard a lot, thats ok because in the end you are in a big city.

The location is next to Market street what seems to be a busy street where you can explore the city.

• Reviewed: October 7, 2018

I would rather die in the most painful way imaginable than stay here again.
    • Standard Double Room with Shared Bathroom

This place is in the ghetto, the hood, the #1 roughest, most dangerous hell hole in SF, gangs, homeless, nutjobs, drug dealers, prostitutes and pimps, it has everything that you never want to see around a hotel,the room was dark, incredibly expensive, had no toilet, poorly decorated and stank, avoid at all costs!

I didn't die, just..

• Reviewed: October 6, 2018

The price is cheap, it's worth paying for your own...
    • Queen Room with Private Bathroom

The price is cheap, it's worth paying for your own personal bathroom. It gets the job done. You sleep, shower, and get out. Not a place to hang out, and the area isnt great. But walk about 3 blocks out and you are on market st in a better area.

• Reviewed: October 3, 2018

The location was good.
    • Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

I had come from the Hilton Hotel closeby and paid the exact same rate as this hotel. The facility could not be compared on any level. It was disappointing. Room was dirty, shared bathroom facility, terrible breakfast offered in tiny reception on a paper plate.

The location was good.

• Reviewed: October 1, 2018

Good place for downtown SF for those on a 'budget'
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Neighborhood is not so nice. Street noise all night(downtown) with the windows open. Breakfast is poor.

Nice staff, clean and bright shared areas. Room was spacious and clean.

• Reviewed: September 28, 2018

They had continental breakfast included and the location was...
    • Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

They did not have bathroom on the bedroom, I had to go out to take a shower or use the toilet.

They had continental breakfast included and the location was great.

• Reviewed: September 27, 2018

Will do in a pinch if you're hard up for a place to stay, but otherwise don't bother.
    • Queen Room with Private Bathroom

I know SF has no A/C in general but the room was super hot. There was no fan of any kind. Opening a window was the only option to cool the room off, but there was street noise in the form of screaming, fighting, breaking bottles and the like until about 3 in the morning making it a little difficult to sleep.

• Reviewed: September 25, 2018

• Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

Our room was smell like toilet and there is no private bathroom,the street is so dangerous,they broke our car window and they stole our almost everything,we had to leave early from hotel,nobody help us and the register guy told us “streets are very safe” ,there is nothing positive,i cried all day,if you love yourself do not stay here.

• Reviewed: September 22, 2018

No good place
    • Standard Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The room was very nasty All hotels has showers inside the room but this hotel did not had it Very bad and nasty hotel

I didnt like anything in this hotel

• Reviewed: September 22, 2018

Fair enough if you want to stay near downtown at a decent price
    • Queen Room with Private Bathroom

Not enough seats and space for breakfast Unstable WiFi connection Too many strange people in the surroundings Public parkings nearby are actually quite expensive and not so "public"

Location in downtown Public parking nearby

• Reviewed: September 18, 2018

The bed was comfortable
    • Deluxe Queen Room

It’s in an extremely dangerous location. Lots of people on drugs on the doorstep and gangs of drug dealers in the surrounding area. It is not a safe place to stay, especially as I was travelling on my own. I checked out after my first night and found a safer place to stay, otherwise my holiday would’ve been ruined. Also, “breakfast” is just a pop up table in the reception, it wasn’t what I was expecting.

The bed was comfortable

• Reviewed: September 17, 2018

Cheap but comfortable
    • Standard Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The hotel is in the tenderloin which isn’t the safest neighborhood, but if you’re with friends it’s definitely doable.

The hotel is conviently located to a lot of amenities with in walking distance. The decor was comfortable and the rooms were well lit and stocked.

• Reviewed: September 12, 2018

Horrible.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Paid for private restroom the didn't work. Couldn't sleep all night due to the loud noises/people passing through the street next to our room. Hard beds.

View

• Reviewed: September 10, 2018

The bed was comfortable and the room was overall OK, the...
    • Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

But the major issue was that it seemed as though there were homeless people living in the hotel. Strange people kept coming in at odd hours of the night that literally looked like they were homeless and had occupied certain rooms in the hotel after spending a little more time at the hotel it seemed as though there are people actually living at the hotel or not exactly living but that take over some of the rooms and drop by here and there to take showers or leave things which can make for certain uncomfortable situations. I saw a lady yelling at the very friendly receptionist for losing her key again, when she informed her that she would have to charge her for this. This makes for an unpleasant experience.

The bed was comfortable and the room was overall OK, the staff was friendly. x

• Reviewed: September 4, 2018

Bed Bugs
    • Queen Room with Private Bathroom

Found bed bugs in our first room. They moved us to a room with a new mattress, no problem. However, their reaction made it seem like they knew there was a bed bug issue and were just assuming most guests wouldn’t check for them.

• Reviewed: September 1, 2018

No happy
    • Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

Building is very old We got stuck on the elevator, the employee let us out using a spoon and regular scissors. We got a Room on the 3th floor we had to open the window because there isn’t ac the problem with that we can hear all the noise on the street ambulances, motorists, and drunk people . with all respect there is a lot homeless people around the building. And last but not least there is no parking for the hotel. Had to pay 30 dlls for overnight.

• Reviewed: September 1, 2018

Hotel doesnt have a free parking, it is in very scary place...
    • Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

Hotel doesnt have a free parking, it is in very scary place in SF, smelled like pee, I tried to cancel my booking - went there to talk with staff and they were super, super rude. Horrible! And I am a backpacker type of person, who normally do not complain...

• Reviewed: August 30, 2018

Great staff.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Great staff. Hands down. Room is so clean and the security of our stay given the location has surpassed all hotels we have stayed at for the past month.

• Reviewed: August 26, 2018

Room was clean, never had to wait for bathroom or toilet.
    • Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

Area was horrible, homeless people everywhere and even though we parked the car on the paid parking lot behind the street, where is hotel, somebody broke inside it and stole the car battery!

Room was clean, never had to wait for bathroom or toilet. It’s in downtown, so we were close to everything.

• Reviewed: August 15, 2018

Disgusting
    • Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

The breakfast was not very good for the price. The room was small and oddly furnished. There was a huge drawer next to bed, and the drawer was so big it was hard to get to the other side of the room (unless you crawled over the bed). The common bathroom and restrooms were DISGUSTING. There was hair all over the bathroom both floor and walls, and the floor just didn’t really seem clean. The restrooms didn’t have any kind of soap/sanitizer because the sinks are in the individual rooms, meaning you couldn’t clean your hands until after you got in your own room. We experienced multiple times that the toilets were left unflushed and covered in what-not. The toilet seats also had the same dirty spots day after day.

Within walking distance of many great restaurants. 24h staff.

• Reviewed: August 13, 2018

Parking is actually public and 35 dollars, staff were rude...
    • Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

Parking is actually public and 35 dollars, staff were rude on arrival with helping with finding parking even though they have advertised private parking. Shared toilet was dirty. Smell in elevator. Hairs in our bed! Located in not the most pleasant neighborhood.

• Reviewed: August 11, 2018

Please never go to this place ever, not good at all.
    • Standard Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Every thing was there I didn't like it.

Very dirty property, room, and no bath was in my room as it was said when I booked, have to share very dirty bathroom. weed smell all over the property and around. homeless around the property all time.

• Reviewed: August 11, 2018

BED BUGS!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

BED BUGS!!! The bed was with bunch human hairs on bed sheets. Looks like they didn’t change it. We was demanding to change the room. They did and new one was better but my arms and back was in bites on next morning. Area is looks very dangerous.

• Reviewed: August 9, 2018

Nasty , nightmare

All

Nasty place , dirty , restroom and shower are in the hallway , and smells really nasty , now I now why the had vacancy there lol , place is full of homeless outside and there is no parking , u have to park a block away and pay $40 per nite ...

Worthwhile Stay at The Warfield
    • Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

Cons: Community bathrooms Community showers Breakfast: it's a nice gesture but stick to the coffee. Mostly prepackaged Danish and toast. TOURISTS: This hostel is in the heart of the Tenderloin but don't let that scare you. SF has a serious negligence to its homeless population. Please note that The Warfield Hotel cannot be held responsible for the community problems the City of San Francisco refuses to address. The Staff at The Warfield Hotel are very pleasant, friendly folks who will do their best to make you feel safe and comfortable during your stay. That being said, mind your business, use your street smarts, and leave the homeless alone. Do those things and you won't have any problems. Run around and act like a disrespectful tourist, you might find yourself in a situation. Again, use common sense and don't blame The Warfield for Tech Money Problems!

Disclaimer: I am a budget traveler, hostels are not for high-maintenance types. That said, The Warfield was a lovely change of pace from my usual stay. It costs a bit more than other hostels but the tradeoff is worthwhile. Check out the pros below: Friendly and accommodating staff VERY comfortable bed. Oscillating fan in room Mini fridge and microwave Community bathrooms have a vacant/occupied lock Community showers: it's HUGE! Essentially just a room with a window and shower head. Elevator: it's rustic and pretty quick! Card access to main doors: really nice feature if you're out late Free coffee in the morning Overall, my room and community facilities were reasonably clean Affordable parking garages just a 3-minute walk from the hostel

• Reviewed: August 8, 2018

Don't go here for peace and quiet
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Walls are not sound insulated and there was a lot of noisy activity in the room next to us.until 3 am. Made two calls to the front desk and nothing was done to stop it. Least restful night possible.

Nice remodel of an older hotel building.

Worst Hotel!
    • Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

We've got bedbugs. We couldnt changed the room, they just changed the sheets and did nothing else. We didnt got money back or something. After 1 night we changed the room.

• Reviewed: July 28, 2018

Historic building ruined by staff and local area
    • Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

The location was terrifying. Scores of homeless people with mental health problems crowd the vicinity due to the soup kitchen round the corner. Lots of drug pushers nearby. The hotel needs to be cleaner. Dirt accumulated behind doors in shared bathrooms. I saw a prawn on a windowsill in the hallway. The bedsheets has ink stains- why haven’t they been thrown away? The reception staff literally ignored you. Quite rude and unfriendly. I tried to cancel the hotel due to the reviews 2 weeks before but I was set to lose $700. They waited until the morning I was arriving to get back to booking.com customer service rendering it impossible to find an alternative which I believe they did on purpose. WiFi intermittent. I saw homeless people gaining access to the hotel to use the coffee machine and also the bathrooms. Reception need to pay attention as this made the hotel feel unsafe.

The coffee machine, the retro lift. Warfield has some charms being an old building. It’s very close to market street.

• Reviewed: July 23, 2018

The staff was kind and helpful.
    • Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

The hotel is not on calmest place. Shared bathrooms is also not the best option, but this is a quality you can expect for your money.

The staff was kind and helpful.

• Reviewed: July 18, 2018

This was the worst hotel stay of my entire life. It was a DISASTER!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The staff was rude, the room was filthy, it stank of something I could not and did not want to identify. There was no air conditioner. The fan in the bathroom was broken, the breakfast was cheap prepackaged waffles with no dining area. We left some shopping items, accidentally and these rude, unhelpful people refused to even put them in a box so that we could have them picked up and shipped. Run, people. Don't walk. Run from this place. If the horrible hotel itself does not ruin your trip, the loud and constant antics of the swarms of homeless people will.

nothing! It was atrocious.

• Reviewed: July 8, 2018

I felt I wanted to book another hotel because the front of the hotel was just scary
    • Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

The location of this hotel would make you want to think twice or even fear for your life

The bed was Comfortable and the space of the room is pretty good

• Reviewed: June 29, 2018

• Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

It’s not a safe place to stay. Parking is far from the hotel and there are too many suspicious people hanging out the hotel’s lobby. This is why there is no free cancelations. I feel robbed by booking, the hotel’s photos and the description. Unfortunately I have no pics of the place because I rushed out of the Area.

• Reviewed: June 26, 2018

Less than ok
    • Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

Neighborhood was terrible, streets full of homeless people. Not safe at all. Take taxi. During the night somebody was constantly screaming and arguing making sleep impossible.

Location is close to downtown and train stop

• Reviewed: June 26, 2018

Hotel is basic,lay your head down place.. not as clean as you would expect for price
    • Queen Room with Private Bathroom

The homeless people everywhere screaming, yelling, fights right in front of us with a guy bleeding all over the place.

The ease of getting around to market St ECT...

• Reviewed: June 22, 2018

Request a refund for the 1st night.
    • Queen Room with Private Bathroom

We were not abke to make the 1sr night resevation, which I understood to be charged for. However, the name in the website is wrong as they changed the name to Monterey Pines Inn. The spa tub did not work. When I inquires about it I was told it has been disconnected for 2 years. I told him that was false advertising & unfair. He said they need to take that off the website. I was never offered a refund for the 1st night since they knew they the spa didn't work. I am requesting a refund for one night. Also, the owners were India & spoke very little English & I found it difficult to communicate with. The place is under restoration & when finished is a wonderful place for a vacation stay.

• Reviewed: June 16, 2018

I would not stay in this hotel again.
    • Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

Location was awful. Area brimming with drug users and homeless people. Level of service from hotel staff was minimal at best. They were extremely annoying and aggressive when it was time for check-out

The hotel was clean.

• Reviewed: June 13, 2018

Reasonable hotel in an awful location.
    • Queen Room with Private Bathroom

Hotel location was not as expected. Streets around the Warfield were full of drunks and drug users. There were spent needles in the streets, drug pushers on street corners, drunks lying on the pavements. This is a strange hotel ; quite a reasonable property but not a friendly neighbourhood and not a place for the faint heated

Hotel was close to centre

• Reviewed: June 4, 2018

Eggos and coffee in the morning.
    • Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

Parking. No water pressure. Staff was rude upon checkout after a six day stay in their hotel.

Eggos and coffee in the morning. Elevator worked. Sink in the room. Clothes iron and board, fan, microwave and mini fridge.

• Reviewed: June 1, 2018

Not a single thing.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

I was very unhappy with this hotel. I would never book there again. Walls are so thing that you could hear every noise, specially when doors are being open. You could hear the people talking outside inside the unit as well as the noises from the outside of the unit. Floor was dusty, furniture is old. Hair drying in my room was not working. I don’t think the bathtub was cleaned. There was long black hairs all over the tub. And I towel on the tub that was used. The unit does not have parking lot. The parking lot closes to it does not allow you to take your car out no more once you are in there. The area is horrible. And there is human poop on multiple places on the side walk. Horrible experience.

Not a single thing.

• Reviewed: May 28, 2018

This should not be offered on booking.com
    • Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

I cannot recommend this property to anyone. The whole place is very dirty and worn down and in one of the most unpleasant neighborhoods of San Francisco, the Tenderloin. The street is full of homeless people, drug addicts and dealers. There is a food bank right next to the property across the parking lot. I do not believe that the property is solely rented out to travellers, as I saw people going in and out who seemed to live there or had lined up in front of the food bank on several occasions. The shared bathroom was very dirty and the toilet clogged up on my third night, so even though I had booked the property for four nights, I moved to a nicer place just a few blocks up on the last night without a refund.

• Reviewed: May 27, 2018

Atrocious
    • Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

Used condoms in the shower. Toilets not cleaned. Bugs crawling all over me at night. Loud neighborhood. Paper thin walls and ceilings. Terrible breakfast

• Reviewed: May 22, 2018

Close to Market street and the BART,clean rooms friendly...
    • Queen Room with Private Bathroom

It’s in a pretty rough neighborhood, however the saying that, the street dwellers never really bother you

Close to Market street and the BART,clean rooms friendly staff