Reviews of Warwick San Francisco 4 stars

490 Geary Street, Union Square, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA

#52 of 230 hotels in San Francisco

We enjoyed our stay very much but would choose different area next time
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Opportunity; high quality hotels nowadays always have complimentary coffee and water. Location is not bad but be aware that there's a lot of homeless people in the area south-west of the hotel. Only 1 block away. Just be careful when you're walking back to the hotel later at night.

Staff was very friendly. Decent room. Beds were good. Shower and bathroom were good. We had a room next to the elevator, but didn't notice. Great breakfast and restaurants on walking distance from the hotel.

My brother and I checked in at the Warwick for a few days...
    • Suite

My brother and I checked in at the Warwick for a few days and we had such an enjoyable stay! The staff was very helpful and accommodating. As soon as we arrived, early in the morning, Fredrick at the front desk gladly helped us with our luggage while we waited for our room to be available. He was very helpful in giving us suggestions on where to eat and go. The location was also very good and central to everything we wanted to go to. I would definitely stay here again the next time I’m in San Francisco.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Room had a funny smell The staff weren’t very friendly at all , struggled to get even a “good morning” out of them !

The bar was cool and location was good.

Cozy hotel near Union Square
    • Superior Queen Room

Rooms a little small, bathroom didn’t have ventilation.

Good location to walk to some nice places. Small rooms but well equipped. Staff was very nice and helpful

Overall satisfied for the price
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Room is pretty small - we have 3 luggage bags with us and they take up most of free area, too much perfume in the room - makes us dizzy

Affordable price for a decent stay in downtown SF, convenient neighborhood, cute interior style

The front desk called the room phone from 11:30pm on several...
    • Superior Queen Room

The front desk called the room phone from 11:30pm on several times to discuss our checkout bill for the next day. I thought this was highly inappropriate as they went as far as to ask for my credit card number on the third call. When I inquired about the disruption the following morning I was told that never happened. I will never be returning to this hotel. Too expensive for sub-par facilities and service.

Received a free upgrade to a suite.
    • Superior Queen Room

Large number of homeless people on streets around the area. Rooms are quite small but probably similar to others in San Francisco.

Received a free upgrade to a suite. Staff were very friendly and professional.

• Suite

The room we were first put in was dark and loud by the trash bins. But they moved us so that was fine. Called down for ice but it never came. Took the face washers but didnt replace them No kettle, just coffee maker The shuttle bus company to the airport, Lorries, that the hotel booked for us was cramped, uncomfortable and he was a terrible driver. The hotel said he would take credit card as we had no cash but he didnt. He also dropped us at the wrong place.

Great location Staff upgraded us Staff very friendly and helpful. Frederick was extremely helpful. Great space Comfortable bed Plenty of mirrors Large bathroom space Dividing doors were great

Terrible feeling about the room but nice service. Don’t want to stay again
    • Deluxe Double Room

The terrible smelling comes from the bathroom and the air conditioner was so week to fresh the air! We changed room but the same situation happened! It’s so noisy outside and I don’t want to chose this again!

The location is great

Very nice rooms, but I wouldn't go back...
    • Deluxe Double Room

The staff were not particularly friendly and immediately made us feel uncomfortable on check in, when we'd just had an 11 hour flight! There is a funny smell in the lobby, which does not make a great first impression, and they should address this. The location is good, in that it is only a couple of blocks from union square, but it is a couple of blocks in the wrong direction and at night time the area is quite "dodgy" with a lot of substance abusers hanging around on all corners. This is not the hotel's fault, but there are other, cleaner, areas of San Fran to stay.

The room was nice and big with two comfy double beds in. The rooms were very clean. Close proximity to Union Square and the cable cars.

Not worth the price
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Horrible assistance. Parking is not in the building and you have to call some minutes before to get the car. As the valet staff is shared with other places (or that’s what they told us) we had lots of troubles to get our car. On the same day we waited 45 min in the morning and missed our tour, and 45 min at dinner and missed our reservations. Nobody helped us with this. They charged us the day anyway and its super expensive. Breakfast on the restaurant takes too long and waitress is nothing near polite.

Good location and clean room.

Easy location, helpful staff.
    • Superior Queen Room

Room on the small side and the cleaning staff didn’t replace towels in our room.

Bed is very comfortable and even on though our room was situated on a busy road the room was well sound proofed. Loved the bar too! Happy hour and Californian wines were delicious!

Cute and Comfy
    • Suite

One of my washcloths had mascara on it when we arrived but its a quick fix so I'm not worried about it. Also the restaurant attached wasn't that great but again not that worried about it, there's a million places to eat.

The room was super cute and spacious. I didn't realize when booking that there were 2 bathrooms in our suite so that was an extra bonus and VERY convenient. Staff was friendly, location is good and street noise was minimal. We would definitely stay again!

excellent location.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The alarm clock overnight randomly started music and woke us up. We did not use it at all during our stay. I had to unplug it from the wall to make it stop before I could go back to sleep.

excellent location. easy to get around. Love that we were able to walk to the ferry building for breakfast. comfortable stay overall. Would stay here again.

Decent, but I wouldn't stay there again.
    • Suite with Balcony

The TV service was crappy, static. They didn't tell me about the couch being a bed for some reason. For the amount you pay it's not worth it. .. A careless action by one of the gentleman helping the front desk ruined my stay there. Don't forget or lose anything there, they won't care.

It was alright location. The front desk people where nice, helpful. The room was nice.

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

It felt a little old and dusty, while the decor was nice it could use a bit of a freshen. The double bed was tiny! If you’re sharing with a friend maybe try and book a king or a room with two beds!

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The room was nice and we really liked the decor. The location was great, we could easily walk to union square and convenient bus stops. There is also a great Italian restaurant on the opposite corner, Tratto.

Good reasonable place to stay in a nice area near Union Square
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Help with bags wasn’t forth coming until we left

This hotel was very comfortable and clean Great bar with snacks Breakfast good but expensive Good position near Union Square but not to close

The room was clean and nicely decorated.
    • Superior Queen Room

The service at breakfast was unacceptable. It was rude and slow, definitely not the usual American standards service, which was quite frustrating since you are expected to tip the waitress at a certain percentage of the price. There were quite a lot of subtle noises in the room, such as noise from the aircondition panel. Otherwise, rooms were quite well soundproofed from noises from the outside.

The room was clean and nicely decorated. The bed was reaaaally comfortable (if you like soft beds). The room in general was well-equipped; it had an iron, coffee machine and all necessary toiletries. If you need to stay close to Union Square it's a very convenient place, but be aware that rough neighbourhoods are just a couple of blocks away. The pancakes at breakfast were amazing!

The location of the hotel was amazing, and everyone I...
    • Deluxe Queen Room

It is an older building, and so the soundproofing isn't great. This was really only an issue on a Friday night as it was reasonably quiet the rest of the week.

The location of the hotel was amazing, and everyone I interacted with on the staff was great.

Real simple review
    • Deluxe Double Room

Initial lack of cleanliness on towels.

Excellent customer service and quick resolutions. Good location. Not far too far from shppping areas. Very central.

Clean hotel in a historic building, but will likely not stay here again.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

While some staff members were helpful and nice, a few were rude and unhelpful (ex: I asked for a few extra hangers after checking in and was told 20 minutes later that there were absolutely no extras in the hotel; they messed up my adding someone else to the reservation so had to sort that out the next day during work when I had purposefully addressed this the night before to avoid that). Also, there are no laundry services available and no gym that I could find.

The hotel was clean and in a pretty central area near Union (though a little close to the Tenderloin for my taste). The rooms were decently sized.

Loved the super friendly staff.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Nothing negative to say. Really a very enjoyable stay

Loved the super friendly staff. Our room was upgraded at our arrival which was a plus. Great views of the city.

• Suite

it was a little noisy from the street some nights, the alley and dumpster trucks

Great location. Room was well appointed and clean. The bar and restaurant were also very good.

We were only there for two days. It was a great stay. Everything is within walking distance (food,
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The room was too small. The bathroom should have exhaust fans to get air out.

THe room was clean & neat. Loved the decour just as it appears on line. But see below

Perfect location to Union Square.
    • Superior Queen Room

Charge for coffee in the room.

Location location location. Very central to Union Square, walking distance to shops & restaurants. We requested a quieter room & we got it. Except the rooms are quite small in size.

I would stay at Fisherman’s Wharf area next time we visited San Francisco. A lot of beggars around.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The actual hotel we stayed at was good, although quite expensive comparing it to what we had stayed in in other cities on our holiday. Rooms were average in decor and quite small.

Good location!

Good value for location - I like the decor.
    • Junior Suite with Balcony

Would like a kettle in the room!

I love the location - had a room with a balcony and fireplace. Some of the staff super friendly and helpful, but when I arrived very tired and hot my room key didn't work twice - also told that there were no kettles for me to make tea - which I had been told on the phone the day before were available - also no one got back to me when I'd left a voicemail asking for advice on how to get to the hotel from the airport. Feel hotel must be cutting back on staff - not good for morale or feel of hotel.

Beautiful hotel, just a few steps away from Union Square
    • Superior Queen Room

very nice staff, the design of the room was beautiful. everything was clean. next to the hotel is a very nice deli where you can get breakfast or sweets.

I enjoyed my stay in Warwick San Francisco! I do recommend it.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The bed was too small, I think it was a queen size but it felt like a full size. The mirrors in the doors of the bedroom I didn't like it. The parking was very expensive $52 (but this is in whole SFO), but we found a parking nearby and it was $30 per night.

Good location, walking distance to union square, plus there was restaurants, pharmacy, parking, and shops nearby. Hotel provides free wifi but is slow. The room was very spacious.

Good room but poor sevice.
    • Suite

The hotel only provide 2 bottles of water no matter how long you stay. it's really annoying. Even you ask them for it, the reception said no....

goodroom

Good place for a night or two
    • Superior Queen Room

The room was a little small and dark... but worth its money

The hotel itself was quiet nice, its situated quite conveniently, the rooms are nice, staff is friendly... I´d definitely come back

Size of room. Need a kettle/jug for Non Amercians

Excellent, friendly & very helpful staff. It was like staying with family. Short walk to cable car, Union Square. Room was small but had everything you needed. Can't praise staff enough!

Thoroughly recommend.
    • Corner Deluxe

A dull and disinterested greeting from the staff at Reception. Not just once but all the time. Disappointing but not something that should detract you from wanting to stay here.

Good Location. No complaints whatsoever with the room.

Nice location.
    • Suite

Very noisy. Bring earplugs. Front desk could've been more attentive. Parking is expensive.

Nice location. Close to bus transportation and trolley station. Lots of nearby restaurants.

Beautiful city break, would recommend it to friends, easy to get around.
    • Corner Deluxe

The only drawback was the smell of stale water from the air conditioning unit that permeated the room for the entire stay. We were shocked however to see the amount of rough sleepers all over the city, a huge difference from our last visit 10 years ago and a sad sign of the times

Beautiful room, the staff were friendly and welcoming. The bar was great and very promptly served us with tapas when we were starving upon arrival. Food excellent although we only had the one meal. The weather favoured us all weekend.

Nice room and a nice lobby bar.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

My only “complaint” is that the room was paid in advance and not refundable, but the price was very good so that’s the payoff.

Nice room and a nice lobby bar.

Great long weekend stay at the hotel!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Heater did not work very well and the comforter alone was not warm enough for SF winter. Was able to get several extra blankets though and it was fine.

Great long weekend stay at the hotel! Check in was easy and they were able to give us a higher floor with a view as requested. Once in the room, we were greeted with a free bottle of champagne. Room was clean, pleasantly decorated, and bed was extremely comfortable.

very pleasant and relaxing.
    • Deluxe Double Room

it would have been nice to have a microwave to reheat our leftovers but not a deal breaker.

The location was great, just a short distance from Union Square and Market street. the room was small but very neat and clean and appeared to be well maintained. the staff always greeted us when we came in the door. very pleasant stay

Warwick was in a good location with a great restaurant and...
    • Deluxe Queen Room

I was travelling alone so the room size was perfect for me but if I was travelling with someone else I would of preferred a bigger room. I could hear people coming and going from their rooms in the night to be woken up twice by doors shutting.

Warwick was in a good location with a great restaurant and bar located in the hotel. I found the staff very helpful and friendly.

Staying at the Warwick made a week long business trip easy and enjoyable.
    • Corner Deluxe

The noise from street level can be pretty loud on certain nights - if you're a light sleeper it could be rough.

Great location if you're going to a trade show at the Moscone Center. Easy to get to other parts of the city from here.

Good value for money
    • Corner Deluxe

Staff-nobody say hello when you cross the lobby Location-homeless close by and I didn't fell safe in that location

Corner room is very nice. Good housekeeping (room clean and good quality of towels). Air conditioning perfect

Hotel is in a great location, accessible to everything!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Room had a strong smell, not sure if it was coming from the pipes. Wanted to complain but I think the entire building had that smell. Bare able smell.

Hotel is in a great location, accessible to everything! Room was great, nice comfy bed, complimentary tea and coffee was provided. Toilet was clean and modern looking.

One of my best hotel experiences ever!!!
    • Corner Deluxe

A free or more inexpensive breakfast would've been nice, but for the price and location, I really can't complain!

The rooms were great and the staff is amazing. They went above and beyond!

Such friendly and professional staff.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Such friendly and professional staff. Super clean and comfortable. Walking distance from so many delicious restaurants and bars. This place is perfect for a weekend getaway.

The suite we were staying in was spacious, with 2 bathrooms...
    • Suite

Suite was located beside some kind of hotel services room so there was a constant noise, some time worse than others. Also a lot of noise from the street below.

The suite we were staying in was spacious, with 2 bathrooms one with a shower and the second with a bath. Room was kept very clean. Coffee making facilities were great, along with a having a fridge in the room.

The Warwick provided a Splendiferous Experience!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

That we had to check out and go home - the tears are flowing.

The room was beyond our expectations because; it was quiet, provided a wonderful sleeping experience, the dual temperature room settings (living and bedroom) were an added bonus. Manny, (the front office assistant) was very welcoming, congenial, and professional. We stay at many hotels in the city and have decided to make the Warwick our first choice of accomodation.

Everything was great, I loved the location, comfort and...
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Our first time taking our vehicle out of valet it took 40 minutes. The staff should try harder to check in and make sure the valet hasn’t forgotten.

Everything was great, I loved the location, comfort and cleanliness.

Warwick hotel in SFO
    • Deluxe Queen Room

I wish I had one more chair in the room.

The location is just perfect, close to the cafes, restaurants, car rentals, Union Square, Market St.... Staff is friendly and the rooms are clean and cute.

The Warwick is an excellent hotel at which I hope to stay again in the future!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Only complaint is the parking. I thought $50 a night was little expensive but other than that I enjoyed the stay.

Location was great! Hotel facilities, cleanliness and staff were great! Enjoyed the overall experience.

We were upgraded to a corner room, which was spacious and...
    • Deluxe Queen Room

We were upgraded to a corner room, which was spacious and bright. Room was generally clean. Bed was delightfully comfortable. Staff were friendly and very helpful. Good location, walking distance to Union Square. Would stay again!

Christmas Nightmare
    • Superior Queen Room

The staff was HORRIBLE. I asked them to call me a cab to get to my dinner reservation ( famous popukar hard to get into restsurant) on Christmas Eve, they said they would. When I came down to the lobby 15 min later-- no cab was ever called. Long story short, I was assured they would "make it up to me". I checked in with them later that night when I got back-- nothing.The next day I asked in the morning and the evening-- nothing. When I checked out the next day, I asked again-- no nothing had been done. Bottom line, they gave me horrible service, said they would "make it up to me", then did nothing. Pay more money stay up the hill at the Fairmont. The room was the size of a closet, parking was $55 per day (was to be $35 day with my validation), staff was rude, liars and unhelpful. HORRIBLE PLACE!!!

Location was great. Walking distance to Union Square, Nob Hill SOMA and more.

We had a great stay
    • Deluxe Queen Room

It took some time fir the A/C to heat up the room.

The staff were very polite, welcoming and friendly. They allow us an early check-in (we arrived early in the morning from the airport and it was very comfortable). The room was very clean, the bed was very comfortable and we liked the sofa near the window. The location is excellent, very close to Union square and the center. We definately recommend this place.

Great room. Had issues the first night but was quickly dealt with by management.
    • Suite

Noise level from street. Able to hear inside rooms due to older windows. But expected with a boutique hotel.

Excellent location . Two blocks walk to Union Square and cable cars.

Superb find, highly recommended
    • Junior Suite with Balcony

Beautiful rooms, friendly staff and a good central location. Our room also had a balcony which was great. The Warwick is a lovely hotel and I'd highly recommend it.

It was mostly great.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The only thing we didn’t like was that there was no way to keep the City lights or the sunshine out of the room. Only the sheer curtains covered the window. This led to a feeling of a lack of privacy at night as well.

Exceeded our expectations; clean, safe and comfortable place. Definitely will return!
    • Deluxe Double Room

We have no comments because the Warwick meets our needs for the evening. We intended to spend one night in San Francisco, have a great dinner and enjoy a nice walk around Unon Square.

We slept so well, we missed breakfast. We enjoyed the nice, hot shower, the wonderful robes and Seattle's Best coffee!!! Nice view of Curran Theater, good memories of going to plays in high school.

Could have been perfect......
    • Deluxe Double Room

We arrived exhausted after a nearly twelve hour flight. On getting into bed, my friend found a dirty sock in her bed. Too tired to do anything about it, she slept on top of the bed. The following day we notified the front desk and received a $50 refund. Though not expecting financial recompense, I felt a manager should have met us as opposed to just acknowledging the incident through a message on our room phone.

This hotel is in a great location. The reception staff were extremely helpful and friendly.

Shampoo and body shower weren’t replaced after first day.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Shampoo and body shower weren’t replaced after first day. You can hear noise from the near rooms. They charge $4 for water, I didn’t took it but I think this should be complimentary. Coffee covers didn’t match the coffe cups, what gives you an idea of the lack of management. Sheets smell super chemical like from a cheap laundromat. Bad area, surronded by homeless.

Great location (very central), very comfy bed, nice size...
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The cleaning service could have been better. There were stains on a couple surfaces in the room and the window bench was clearly not cleaned for a while. I ended up buying Lysol wipes to clean the surfaces. There was a smell in the room which did not go away during my stay despite my extra cleaning.

Great location (very central), very comfy bed, nice size room, pretty decoration, good amenities.

The room was comfortable and spacious.
    • Suite with Balcony

Our room with the balcony wa so loud on a Saturday night that neither of us could sleep. You could hear every person talking on the street even up on the 5th floor. It’s like there was no insulation in the building. I paid extra for a room with a balcony we couldn’t use. There were no tables or chairs to place on it. Also, we found a dirty bed spread and when we asked for new linen they just came and dropped it on the floor.

The room was comfortable and spacious.

Great stay near the shops and easy access to the main City attractions
    • Superior Queen Room

Breakfast included .. we didn’t have breakfast there as felt it was too expensive

Comfortable hotel just off the main shopping hub of Union Square, stylish bar and good facilities with helpful concierge, would recommend as a stay for visitors to the city

Exceeded expectations.
    • Superior Queen Room

The bathroom was pretty small and there was some street noise at night. Bar like many others in the area closed pretty early.

Nice accommodations. All of the team from front desk, housekeeping to the bar were friendly and professional. Room was spacious, I appreciated the little balcony very much. Will stay again.

very comfortable great value great location for this...
    • Deluxe Queen Room

I didn't have time to visit the Tapas Restaurant, nor the wine bar. Both looked very inviting.

very comfortable great value great location for this business trip

Room was small but extremely efficiently and handsomely...
    • Superior Queen Room

The window abutted an alley with windows and there was no way (that I could see) of completely closing the curtains. So when you sat at the desk in the window you were sort of on display.

Room was small but extremely efficiently and handsomely designed. It had a nice fridge without minibar clutter and an excellent shower. The location is convenient to everything, there was a BART a few blocks away, and everything I care about was no more than a long walk away.

Good location. Nice staff.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Didn’t like the appetizers in bar. Need to stick to the classic bar foods. Too specialized Didn’t care for the restaurant either. Again. Too specialized.

The cleaning staff was sloppy at times. Didn’t follow thru with completely cleaning the room and making sure we had everything replaced such as coffee. If we took a pillow off the bed and placed elsewhere they didn’t put it back on the bed so questionable whether they changed all the linens!!

Gorgeous room, and the breakfast we ordered from room...
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Gorgeous room, and the breakfast we ordered from room service was fantastic! Checking in and checking out was hassle free. Definitely would go back to the Warwick.

Wonderful place! I'd definitely stay here again!!!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The bartenders were rude, lazy, unresponsive, not very happy bunch ever.

The front desk people were the most friendly, hospitable people I've ever met!

Location is the only advantage of this place
    • Corner Deluxe

The Hotel staff informed me that HOLD on my card for full amount of my booking will be removed in 7 days . Hotel debuted the complete stay cost next day after my departure and kept the money as hold on my card for one month !!!!! Horrible experience and will never stay here again

Location is the only advantage of this place

Nice and luxurious stay
    • Superior Queen Room

The neighborhood didn't feel so safe at night.

The staff was really nice and helpful! The bed was comfy and the room was very clean. Centrally located.

Lovely Stay and Perfect Location
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Everything was perfect. suggestions: - if you would like to park your car, on the other corner of the same block of the hotel you'll find a car park cheaper than the hotel fees. - there are lot of breakfast options near to the hotel

Very kind and helpful staff Very nice location and in a safe area lot of halal restaurants near to the hotel Enjoyed staying

Would recommend to it
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Loved the size of suite and bathroom . Very clean and updated . Traveled as couple with one other person . Worked very well with pull out bed. Smelled great, like lavender . Great pillows !!! Small personal hotel ....enjoyed that with resturaunt and bar . Great LOCATION !!!

We arrived to friendly and helpful staff who also gave us a...
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The partner bus tour company the property recommends (City Sightseeing) was very rude to us as a customer. In the end we decided to get a refund on our deposit we put down for it and went with a different company, who went the extra mile to make our experience great. Your hotel staff were very good about dealing with this though but I would consider who you partner with in the future.

We arrived to friendly and helpful staff who also gave us a room upgrade to a suite which had an extra sitting area and balcony...what a great surprise and start to our California trip.

Excellent time in San Francisco. Hotel was nice but needs some renovation
    • Junior Suite with Balcony

Bathroom needs updated it's not too clean. Also most of the furniture is becoming damaged

Good location for shops, bars and easy links to trams and trains

Centrally located, friendly staff and AMAZINGLY comfortable bed.
    • Superior Queen Room

The barman in the Hotel Bar actually ROLLED a bunch of mint furiously between his two palms to bruise it for my mojito. Could not quite believe my eyes. Never saw it made this way before - and hope not to do so, ever again. :(

The bed was so VERY COMFORTABLE -probably the nicest bed i have ever slept in while on holiday.

Staff was friendly.
    • Superior Queen Room

That they didn't have their own garage to park cars. Way to expensive to valet your car to be parked in an unknown garage that they said was around the corner.

Staff was friendly. Hotel was very clean