Reviews of Warwick Denver 4 stars

1776 Grant Street, Capitol Hill, Denver, CO 80203, USA

#37 of 77 hotels in Denver

• Classic King Room

Service in the hotel restaurant and bar was slow (but the service at the rooftop pool was great).

The rooms were amazing and spacious. The front desk staff went above and beyond. They even have free bikes you can check out for the day! The location was perfect for us to walk most places and a short uber ride to the Rino area.

There are only 2 bicycles for the whole hotel. The desk people are reluctant to make recommendations outside of their own restaurant.

Decent sized room, good location.

• One-Bedroom Suite

The only parking available is their own valet parking which they charge an outrageous amount for (I think $27/day). The parking garage next door is available for $18/night but we managed to get meter parking after hours and just made sure we were out of there by 9am every morning to avoid a ticket which wasn’t hard because we were on the go the entire time. The rooftop pool is nice and has a nice city view. We only went up once and asked if we could order food and were told no that it was too late. It was about 8:30 at night. Room service ends at 10:00. The restaurant closes for part of the day so if you are wanting to grab a bite there and you are a random time eater like we are you’re out of luck. The host there was wonderful though in pointing us in the direction of some great nearby places that had really good food including vegetarian menus for me. The terrace that sold me on the place was nice. It was no smoking though or else a $1000 fine so my husband was afraid to even vape and let’s face it, you’re in Colorado so visiting a dispensary is probably on your list and when you’re from out of town, where are you going to enjoy your purchase if you don’t live there. Would have liked a nice big walk in shower or a full sized soaking tub for the price of the room. A standard small tub shower combo seems odd. I didn’t see any on site purchase options like toiletries, drinks or snacks so we walked down a few blocks to a small market that has some great items to stock up on waters and protein bars. Given the fact their restaurant closes early and there isn’t good parking, I would think they would want to make that available. We had a nice stay but I probably won’t choose the Warwick again. Just not enough there for me to justify the price.

Beautiful hotel. Loved the downtown location. Had a nice walk to see some beautiful old churches and architecture. Bed was comfortable, the decor was really fun as it is all Playboy inspired. Would have liked to have had a little sink and microwave in the “kitchenette” area. They had a mini fridge but it was full of beverages. Of course I’m not going to drink one of their $5 bottles of water so there really isn’t anywhere to put your own beverages or store and heat up your midnight snack. The room was very comfortable though. All of the staff were very kind and accommodating.

• Classic King Room

I had absolutely no problems with this hotel. I would love to stay here again.

The staff was very friendly. The hotel was clean, quiet, and in a great location. It was an easy walk to several great restaurants and to the 16th Street Mall.

• Classic King Room

There was not a shuttle from the hotel or around downtown like neighboring hotels, the pool was overcrowded and the price of the room did not include a view or free drinks while the person in front of me received free drinks at the bar? I also had to sign a "snitch clause" when other hotels with balconies are ok with legal activities

Location was ideal

• Deluxe Double Room

Understaffed in housekeeping. Room only cleaned once during a three day stay. Had to ask for clean towels . Pool area staffed by bartender only. Pool area dirty, used towels and plates / cups etc not maintained. Both days at pool were the same scenario.

Front desk staff pleasant and helpful. Room was updated and large with balcony.

• Deluxe Queen Room

I get that it was somewhat of a historical site as a “playboy bunny club” but in this day and age of the “me too” movement and struggles of women to stop being objectified, I think the framed Playboy magazine covers and photos in hallways are a poor choice. Others at my conference questioned as well. Put them in the bar or another area please!

• Classic King Room

It was weird there was no vanity/shelf in the bathroom. Just a toilet and sink. No where to put a toothbrush, toothpaste, etc. The room service food was subpar. I wouldn’t recommend it.

The staff were so incredibly friendly and helpful! If it wasn’t for them, I would have rated the hotel overall lower. But they made the stay very pleasant!

• Deluxe Double Room

Unhelpful front desk staff, room not ready on arrival, asked if I could use pool facilities to freshen up before going to a very ate afternoon meeting, was told "No, it is only for guests staying at the hotel".. Front desk staff very unhelpful and uninterested.

Really nice, clean and comfortable rooms. Very comfortable bed and good location too!

• Classic King Room

You show up and there is no parking, unless you want to pay $37.00 for the valet! There is a huge, lovely balcony for the room, but you cannot even use it for smoking marijuana or cigarettes (both of which are legal) without paying a $1,000.00 fine to the hotel.

The pillows were great.

• Classic King Room

There is nothing to say here. Everything was wonderful.

This was our wedding night and the staff went out of their way to ensure we had a wonderful evening. We loved the room, we enjoyed the downtown view and the amenities were truly top notch. Thank you so much for making our experience such a memorable one.

• Classic King Room

The turkey club sandwich should be called the BLT2 for bacon lettuce tomato turkey. Seriously, though there's nothing wrong with it! It was amazing.

Modern and clean décor, in room dining was delicious! Floor was quiet, staff unobtrusive and welcoming. My husband and I just wanted a quiet weekend away and it's exactly what we got! We explored the city some, slept and ordered in. We put the privacy sign on the door and was slipped a discrete note under the door to let the housekeeping staff know when we were ready for service. Additionally we were given the option to forgo housekeeping for a credit. We ordered in room dining twice and both nights it was delicious!

Very disappointed in the cleanliness of the room. The bathroom sink was clogged and we reported it to the front desk when we were heading out for the day. When I returned back that evening the drain was still clogged. We decided to have drinks and dinner at the hotel restaurant. The server didn’t write to order down and when out order was delivered it was not what we ordered. The staff seemed very overwhelmed and it took forever to get drinks and refills.

Check in was great and the front desk person was very nice.

• Classic King Room

The only thing I didn't like were the square pillows on the bed - totally my preference and maybe not a problem for anyone else. I am just used to standard sized pillows.

It looks like it has been recently remodeled. Everything was pristine.

• Classic King Room

The hotel's communication through booking.com was awful. 2 days before arrival I discovered that wifi in the rooms is not free. Asked a question about it via booking and got a really arrogant reply about my booking not being refundable (I never asked about that) and wifi cost of 17 usd/day. And of course in reality the wifi was free. Arrogance and false information.

Nice clean and spacey room.

• Classic King Room

Lovely rooms are spacious and completely comfortable. Staff went above and beyond. Location is convenient and walkable to 16th Street, Denver Center for Performing Arts and more.

• Classic King Room

I had a few strange long black hairs in my bed. Nothing too crazy but it was an upgraded suite so expected a little more. The sheets are very paper then and itchy.

The staff is amazing.

• Classic King Room

Parking but it wasn’t too bad!

The staff was amazing. Upon check in they inquired about our stay and ended up upgrading our room and providing drink vouchers for our stay. Perfect location and the rooms were so beautiful and spacious!

• Standard Room

Customer service left a lot to be desired. I was issued a refund for a service not provided and then that refund was removed. When I called to address this they didnt have anything to say other than they cant give refunds for booking customers even if the service is not provided.

Nice bar and restaurant the heated pool was lovely in the cold winter months

• Classic King Room

There is a fee that is added on when you book, and not well explained. Later I found out it covered internet, access to the gym and some other perks. In the end it was fine, but I wonder if some people see that and bypass the hotel without explanation.

The location and staff are great. The room was large, they have a good gym, comfortable.

• Deluxe Double Room

My only call out was the front door. Having 5 bags to bring in and no doorman or anyone offering a cart was hard to maneuver. All other hotels I have stayed there is a doorman that helps get your luggage in and to your room... we did not have this. The restaurant was over the top amazing! My two complaints are. One night I ordered room service and I had leftovers from lunch that I placed on the tray to be taken away with the room service tray. Whoever picked it up left the alumni foil left at my door. They took the room service tray but not the other trash. At the restaurant, we waited on all three occasion for service to be seated. We had to walk in the back and ask for help. Either have a bell go off when someone enters or change the sign to SEAT yourself.

I loved your staff and how friendly they all our! Housekeeping, front desk and food was over the top GREAT!!!

• Classic King Room

The valet parking lot had street access and though it was under surveillance, it was extremely exposed.

Newly remodeled room, smelled of new carpet and staff was wonderful. Was relatively priced and easy to navigate to and from!

• Classic King Room

The elevators- but they're fixing them now

FINALLY A HOTEL WITH A BALCONY Also the front desk staff was so nice and called me "madam" every time I came back in which was super special

• Standard Room

I was nervous about street parking and found the valet parking to be overpriced. We managed on the street okay.

Quiet. Very friendly and helpful staff. Easy walking to downtown Denver and 16th Street Mall. Breakfast at Randolph’s excellent and very accommodating for our large group of 12 who lingered. Thank you!

We stayed in a deluxe king room, I was hoping for a lounge or side chair (other than the office chair) in a 'deluxe' room, but otherwise was satisfied.

Nice newly renovated rooms but ours happened to have some obvious carpet stains. It was quieter than an average hotel. Being just at the edge of downtown, street parking was fairly easy to find within a block, and free - which is awesome. Otherwise there is an option to pay $39 for valet parking.

• Standard Room

Elevators were under construction so it took ages to arrive. It was noisy also because of the construction. Staff were very apologetic and helpful about it though.

Staff was incredibly helpful. Newly renovated room was beautiful and comfortable.

• Standard Room

I loved how they are accommodating to my room change requests. Very friendly staff and the Randolph's restaurant was excellent. Kudos to Raul, and George for making me feel very welcomed.

• Standard Room

The people at the front desk were really helpful. When we first checked in our room wreaked of smoke (non-smoking room) - they quickly moved us to another room down the hall. Overall the rooms were nice, and they're doing more renovation to make the hotel even nicer.

• Deluxe Double Room

Restaraunt service and add ons, latte was $12. Room vibrated due to HVAC units and shower water temperature was dependent on usage, scalding to cold without faucet adjustment. Room service did not replenish towels or cups or coffee.

Decore was nice in restaurant and room

• Standard Room

I didn’t like how expensive the food was at the Randolph and how antiquated our room was for the price we paid.

I loved the view and location of the hotel. We were in the middle of Downtown Denver!

• Standard Room

Thr bellman offered a cart, but not to take our luggage up to our room. The room had several stains on carpet and the hot water didn't work in the shower.

The staff was wonderful. Very friendly and professional.

• Standard Room

That I couldn't stay longer.

Great neighborhood and easy access. Parking is not that big of deal in my experience. I can find a spot close by and am able to move my car by 0900. I liked that our view of city was good and that the pool was operational and comfortable.

Shallow pool.

I was able to cancel my dad’s room despite not being within the cancellation policy due to a medical emergency he underwent the day of his flight without any grief from the property. Me and my spouse flew in from Saskatchewan as we’re Broncos fans. My dad and his wife are Cowboys fans so the plan was to meet up for the game, they were flying in from Nova Scotia but couldn’t make the flight. It was nice being taken care of as I was stressed about my dad going in for surgery.

• Classic King Room

Very difficult to get hold of over email and phone prior to our visit (we wanted to extend our stay with one night). Breakfast not included on our price, but you can buy it at the restaurant which was expencive but tasty. A bit difficult parking as in the weekdays you have to pay for parking on the street, luckily free in the weekend.

Nice new rooms with tasty art on walls, very comfy bed, great rooftop pool and gym. Helpful receptionists.

• Classic King Room

Parking is VERY expensive (37$ a night!) or you have to find metered parking outside. We were lucky and found a spot at 5:30 and parking is free 6pm-9am for the city. But that won't be the case for most.

I was a big fan of the attention to detail, the generous size of the room, closet, and bathroom. Also the whole place smelled amazing. It is near a TON of excellent restaurants, shopping, and sites.

• Standard Room

The hotel was centrally located with lots of amenities, clean, comfortable rooms and even a balcony. They offered 2 free drinks in their bar for guests. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Classic King Room

We were allocated a fabulous room up on the 14th floor with a stunning city view of Denver. If we ever return to Denver this is where we'll be staying. Perfect!

• Special Offer - Premier Suite

It was a little outdated but still very comfortable.

Room was beautiful. The rooftop pool/bar was awesome and water was the perfect. Breakfast was very fresh and food in the restaurant was delicious.

• Classic King Room

The photos online make the pool look like Las Vegas through camera trickery. It's small, but wonderful. It was closed the first day due to a private event, which I wish we knew about ahead of time.

The pool was perfect.

• Standard Room

The hotel is literally in downtown Denver so questionable characters loom around but I never felt unsafe in the hotel.

The rooms were spacious and the Valet, Jonas, was very helpful and pleasant. He even offered to help us hitch our car onto a trailer that we were towing back to Kansas!

• Classic King Room

It took over an hour to check into two rooms as they couldn't find the whole booking. When the porter/bell man moved our luggage he left the room door open all afternoon, with laptops, cameras etc all on the bed. Fortunately nothing was taken. We were given complimentary breakfast and free parking as a sweetener. The lifts broke down - guests were walking up the stairs with their luggage. They don't tell you there is cheap parking across the street. Valet parking is $37 per night. Great location but stay at your own risk. Ok for one night I suppose but probably wouldn't stay here again.

The room was large and clean with a king sized bed, balcony and a good view from the ninth floor. Enormous bathroom but no shelves or anywhere to put toiletries. Great location for downtown and the museum area. Varied breakfast buffet - but not included. Rooftop pool and bar.

• Standard Room

Standard rooms are horrible and outdated, guests shouldn't even stay in the standards rooms in my opinion or charge a drastically lower price

Great customer service, updated rooms and suites are beautiful

We made our reservation through booking.com and ended up having to make 2 separate reservations for our 4 night stay. Front desk staff assured me we would not have to switch rooms half way through our stay. After our second night our room key was inactivated and we were locked out. Front desk staff informed us we would have to switch rooms but we didn't have to rush and could make the switch at any time. At 3pm I received a very unpleasant voice mail from front desk staff telling me that we were being charged $50 for a late check out fee. It just got worse from there, 2nd shift front desk staff was very rude and made it clear that we were an inconvenience to them and then blamed day shift staff for the mix up.

Check in was easy. Room was beautiful and comfortable. We loved the roof top pool. Most staff were extremely helpful and friendly.

• Classic King Room

Outdated rooms, front desk staff sighed when I requested my car be brought around, then the request was never relayed to the valet

Rooftop pool was nice

CRAZY noisy. Sounded like kids were jumping and running constantly on the floor above me. Elevators were unbelievable slow.

Nice, spacious room. Balcony with chairs and table.

• Deluxe Double Room

Cleaning staff couldn't communicate so when we asked them to come back later they just never cleaned the room. Water temp was only hot at the very top of the hot setting in the shower, and the sink never even warm on the highest hot setting.

Booking.com was a total rip off. Our reservation was non refundable so we assumed we were getting a good rate at $300 per night. The checkin staff told us it was a very high rate and we could have booked a much lower refundable rate with breakfast and an upgraded room through the hotel directly. Thanks booking.com and good bye.

• Classic King Room

The elevators were under construction and we were continually waiting for one for 10-15 minutes or longer. The staff in the restaurant basically ignored any request you had and the food was expensive and mediocre at best. (We paid $50 + tip for a basic breakfast with no drinks) . The front desk personnel treated you like you weren't even there by staring at the computer and looking at you like you were stupid if you had a question. The "balcony" was filthy and had cigarette butts and who knows what else on it. The location was good but they could do so much better with everything in the hotel.

The valet parking was nice and the bartender was great. We had a good time in the bar and they did give us a couple of free drink tickets at check in. The pool was very nice and had some great views of downtown.

• Standard Room

Very unsanitized our room was i have over 20piks of our room n how dirty n dusting n etc....it was !!

The pool on the roof ,but its not what it seems like in the pictures or looks like for sure ,but it was diffrent and neat the pool on the roof

• Standard Room

At the check-in I was told that my room wasn't available due to overbooking. They told me that usually with booking.com there is not guarantee of availability (!!!!). They booked for me a room in another hotel. Quite annoying considering that it was late night and I had to pay other 10 dollars of cab...

• Classic King Room

That the rate quoted by booking .com was not the actual rate. It was the average rate for the property. Very misleading. I will not trust booking .com again

• Standard Room

Our room was very large with a patio. The beds were super comfy, The view was amazing, the hotel was quiet, and within walking distance from the 16th Street Mall. The pool was warm and the pool bartender was awesome!

• Classic King Room

We were originally placed in a room facing the back parking lot which we had changed immediately. However, simply asking for the change didn't seem to be a problem and the front view was much better. The staff was helpful.

We enjoyed the rooftop pool, and the staff was very friendly.

• Standard Room

The bathroom had open hole in the ceiling. The room wasn't cleaned so well. It was loud outside our room. Front desk was not the best. Our room was given to another guest who had a key to open our room! We had no apology from the hotel.

The location was great.

• Deluxe Double Room

The absurd no-smoking rules for the *balcony* are stupid. $1000 fine for a quick smoke OUTSIDE!?

I've stayed here a few times over the years. The newly renovated rooms are quite nice.

• Deluxe Double Room

Too much construction. An elevator that closed on my wife and kept trying to close more. The concierge guys were stoned and incompetent. The rooms were either too old or in the process of being renovated. Tiny pool. Long walk from anywhere else (food, shopping, etc.)

The restaurant staff and the food.

• Classic King Room

The room wasn't the cleanest, mini bar wasn't stocked, and the balcony carpeting was coming apart (I.e. Ripples etc.)

The rooftop pool with bar was amazing!!

• Classic King Room

They were having some trouble with one of their elevators. So, you had to wait a long time for an elevator.

The property is conveniently located near downtown. We walked to Coors stadium to see a Rockies baseball game. Excellent.

• Classic King Room

1) Elevators were under construction and there was often a long wait time or the elevator sounded as though it was going to break down in mid ride, 2) requested shower gel upon return to hotel one evening and that that was never dropped off by housekeeping, 3) there was a large crack in several bathroom floor tiles - Staff was happy to tell us upon arrival that we would be staying in a newly renovated room so we were surprised to see this (if someone did not look closely it could have been sen as part of the look of the tile; however, it was definitely a crack)

Bed was very comfortable, located relatively "close" to activities,

• Standard Room

Parking is terrible, and $37.00 per day for valet is excessive. It is odd that a luxury hotel would charge an additional $10.00 for WiFi. Be prepared for taxes and fees to add 30% to your rate. A small television was 16 feet away from the beds making it hard to hear and see.

Location was great, in the best part of downtown Denver.

• Standard Room

It would have been nice if valet was available more readily. We kind of had to track someone down each time we wanted our car. Other than that I would definitely stay again. Comfortable beds, nice view, good location.

• Special Offer - Premier Suite

No parking on site or valet. You need to park in a garage, exit some sketchy door and end up behind the hotel with the dumpsters. Make sure you read the fine print of your booking and let the staff know when you are promised things like welcome beverage vouchers. A staff member told me the desk staff is very new (July 2017) and aren't trained to read the fine print and ensure you get what you booked. Also make sure to ask for a renovated room. If you don't request it you get stuck in an old room - even when you get a suite. Our suite had stained curtains and the outdoor wood on the balcony door was rotted off (difficult to close door without making really loud sound). They gave us fruit upon arrival that was rotted.

Good location, suite size was good.

• Deluxe Double Room

Our room overlooked the garbage. So, the nice balcony was not used. There were no closets! The cleaning staff would not replenish the glasses or toilet paper. Fortunately, we didn't stay TOO LONG!

The bed was very comfortable. Good choices on TV cable. Huge room. The balcony was a nice. Concierge staff were helpful. The hotel is being renovated. Please be aware the this will cause delays with the elevator.

• Standard Room

The worst hotel l have ever stayed at. Expensive and old! Nothing works and had to change room. The $50 a day hold fee is not explained at check in! 4 stars to the staff but that's it! 10 minutes for the lift and full each time what a joke.Updated rooms on the lower floors but not good enough for 4 stars

Great staff

• Standard Room

Service was pretty much non-existent. From beginning to end no one cleaned our room, short staffed at the front desk during busy hours, even at breakfast in the restaurant we had to get our own silverware, napkins and salt and pepper because they were so ill prepared and not around. Also, one elevator is down for maintenance and apparently two are not sufficient with guests waiting up to 10 minutes to get to where you need to go. I understand the inconvenience, but it needs to be noted how slow they are when you book this hotel. Hence the cheap rate and free drink tickets.

Enjoyed the rooftop pool and bar, rooms were comfortable with spacious balconies, and they even give you free drink coupons for happy hour.

• Standard Room

The elevators were in the process of being replaced and service was very slow. One was out of commission as well.

The bed was sooooo comfortable and the bathroom is huge. Nice size room.

• Standard Room

Fee for parking per night is alittle absurd, however every hotel is the same.

The location and roof top pool of this hotel was awesome! My husband and I Ubered everywhere we needed to go and it was no more than $5 ea ride!

• Standard Room

The hotel room was NOT what the web site showed. I now they were remodeling. Our room was not as nice as I was expecting for 260 per night. Vanity in bathroom was dirty, mini bar-crappy fridge no alcohol. The balcony was a great size, but I could see the one next to us and it was clear we were not in one of the remodeled room. We had crappy carpet on balcony, others had tile.

The staff was wonderful.

• Classic King Room

The bottle of wine for our anniversary was perfect for sitting on the balcony. Thanks a ton!!! We had not had time to stop and get anything. Also you are the only hotel with a balcony to enjoy the view and weather on. It was beautiful!

• Standard Room

Elevators were under repair/upgrade so not all three were running, causing a bit of a stand still during peak hours. But this is a temporary issue so not a big deal.

Newly renovated rooms so very nice! Roof top pool and bar was awesome even if it got busy around 11am (Sunday). You have to remind yourself that you're in the middle of Denver. Just grab a seat by the pool even if the chairs are all taken. When checking in we got two drink tickets to the hotel bar, so that was a nice surprise!

• Standard Room

Elevators are a bit slow, so if you are older think about lower floors and using the stairs on the way down if you are in a hurry. The room staff needs to work on the checklist a bit: didn't replace water bottle or a chipped coffee cup.

I was there for a week conference downtown at another hotel. Easy walking distance. The rooms are comfortable, clean, and well-appointed. The lounge area is inviting. Their food is outstanding. Definitely 4 star. They have a new chef who has an awesome weekend brunch which is well priced, and their dinners (if you are into steak) are amazing even for Denver. The staff is outstanding: very professional, knowledgeable, friendly, and quick to help resolve any issues that came up.

• Classic King Room

Never came to clean the room. Called for clean towels, took two hours for them to come. After calling numerous times and being told they will be right up.

Rooms were newly renovated, room was great. Workout room, pool, restaurant all great.

• Deluxe Double Room

I booked the hotel in Canadian currency, expecting to pay in Canadian funds but they charged me in American currency...never was reimbursed. I will not stay there again and will not use booking.com again

• Deluxe Double Room

We showed up an hour after the check in time, and they told us that they were unfortunately a little behind with cleaning rooms however they offered to upgrade our room for the inconvenience. they said they would let us know when the room was ready, and should only be a few minutes. 30 minutes later, I went back up to ask what was going on, they then proceeded to look for a room for me, and forgot about the upgrade they promised earlier. I had to remind them of that, they then gave me a room number and we were on our way. the room was nicely renovated, however the new carpet had a huge bubble...which is a tripping hazard. the room was dusty and we found long curly hair on the coffee cups. we were disappointed with these two things, but thought it wasn't a big deal to complain. My husband then decides to take a shower, and the water went ice cold within a few minutes. we found out a trick though....to turn on the sink water faucet and the shower got hot again! I then went to the bathroom and the toilet wasn't working. my husband was able to quickly fix it by lifting the lid. then we wanted to leave for the evening, and the elevators were incredibly slow that we ended up taking the stairs down. when we did reach out about not having enough towels, the staff was very responsive and brought them up right away. I was excited to use the heated rooftop pool the next morning, and unfortunately it was quite cold....and then I got stung by a bee that was hanging around. not the experience we anticipated

restaurant cost was expensive for the quality of food in the breakfast buffet. restaurant staff was great

• Classic King Room

Excellent care and attention from the working staff. Everyone was very helpful with genuine recommendation. Made my birthday stay an exceptional experience

Browse Warwick Denver traveller photo gallery