Reviews of Warwick Melrose Hotel 4 stars

3015 Oak Lawn Avenue, Dallas, TX 75219, USA

#6 of 151 hotels in Dallas

• Classic King Room

This hotel is "mailing it in." You can get away with a lot in the "frothy" Dallas hotel market- but it should eventually catch-up. The Warwick gave up years ago. No coffee shop. No newspaper (either for sale of gratis) -and no newspapers or coffee shops nearby. Tired facility and uninterested staff. N

The hotel was clean

• Classic King Room

It was a bit noisy from the street, but it didn't stop me from getting an excellent night's sleep.

It was beautiful, comfortable and easy to be at. Some hotels you stay at are not relaxing. This one is. I walked into the room and immediately felt like I was in the next best thing to home, only nicer.

the neighboring fire station was a bit noisy

Beautiful hotel, very nice room, enjoyed lunch in the restaurant , the hotel vehicle helped out our travel in the area. the bar must be real good cause we couldn't get in, too crowded.

• Classic King Room

I called to let them know that we were running late to a wedding, this was at 4:10pm and the wedding was at 5. We needed to check in, quick shower and change and be out the door. The lady on the phone said "we dont have any rooms available, you will have to discuss it with the front desk when you get there". She was very rude and led us to believe that we would not even have our guaranteed, prepaid room when we arrived. Luckily we arrived shortly after the phone call and they were able to accommodate us and everything was fine, however that phone call from the car definitely tainted our view of the hotel and almost ruined our weekend!

Staff is very rude

Location and the property is great . Big spacious oversized rooms feels like a SUITE! Pooor staff , bad attitude and very rude upon check in . Poorly run from an employee stand point .

• Classic King Room

Asked twice to have light bulb fixed in bathroom, but after 3 days gave up. Found out upon check out that even though they say they charge $20 a day for internet, they don’t. Would have been nice to know before I went to Starbucks everyday to check mail.

Mattress TERRIBLE, dipped in middle

Bed in room litrerally dipped in the middle, and sloped on one side. Horrible mattress, obviously old and should have been discarded. We did not sleep well at all either night; my husband woke up with his back hurting both mornings. Stated the problem at desk, and the clerk only said "he would make a note for housekeeping."

The live music in the bar was too loud to talk over so we did not go to the “Library Bar”.

Just a nice, quiet hotel and while in a great central location, not too much traffic.

• Corner King Room

I was there for several days. If you look too close, you might notice a rip in the lampshade or that the elegant chandelier in your room is actually plastic. If you have a corner room - you might get some street noise. But who cares? This is a beautiful hotel for a decent value.

This is a very elegant hotel. Service is top notch. The rooms and the lobby are beautiful. The building has a very historic feel and the suite I was upgraded to - thank you!! - had great views.

• Classic King Room

Parking seemed to be valet only and expensive in our view.

Bed was fantastic. Room was large and very tasteful. Restaurant is very good; food was excellent

• Corner King Room

Hotel seemed to be very run down. I've been coming here for many years and it needs a serious facelift. Furnishings and décor very dated.

Menu choices limited.

• Classic King Room

That I only stayed one night!!

Wonderful staff,comfortable bed & quiet room. The restaurant is a bit pricey but deliciously prepared fantastic breakfast. The Library Bar downstairs is a Dallas landmark bar with jazz and dancing later on the Friday night that I stayed in the hotel.

• Classic King Room

Parking - If you didn't want to pay the $27.00 per night parking fee then your car had to set on the street outside of the property in a questionable area of the city. WiFi - Minimum charge $10.00 per day. Bottom line the BAIT RATE that drew us in led to being uncharged for everything else so the end result was you could stay in another upscale property with better accommodations , pay more for the room upfront and spend less in the end. We won't be back!

• Classic King Room

Flat pillows, dated furniture, outside noise. The flagpole rope kept slamming against the pole all night long because no one tied it up on a very windy night.

The staff was nice, bar was good.

• Classic King Room

Nothing. We had a fabulous time.

I loved the vintage feel and ambiance with modern charm. The staff was fabulous and knowledgeable. Best deal in dallas. After staying there I would have expected to pay much more! The Warwick is a hidden jem!!!

• Classic King Room

For the money we paid, I expected to have a parking place!!! I should have been told that parking was going to increase the price of the room by $30 dollars!!!

• Deluxe Double Room

The only negative comment i have about this hotel is that the Rooms don't have refrigerators or microwaves.

The hotel was great. The Location, staff, cleanliness and comfort of thus hotel made our stay very enjoyable.

• Classic King Room

Check in, parking and valet entry all in one!

After driving for over 3.5 with additional time spent “in line” just to get into the hotel, we were exasperated to learn there is no separate check in system for paying guests verses attendees at one of the hotel functions. The valet area was grossly understaffed and the front guest registration was unsympathetic to our plight when I ran into ask for help to bring our luggage in to at least check in order for us to be on time for our dinner reservation with our son and his fiancé.

• Classic King Room

Staff not well trained. Do not know how to interact with guests. Was told nothing more would be charged and then two days later additional charges appeared.

• Classic Double Room

Don’t have hair salon or spa And 2-4 rooms for families.

Everything The staff is very friendly and professional Thanks Sara and Roberto they are very nice and attentive whit my family at restaurant.Also the guy from Hidalgo Mexico I don’t remember the name he’s driving the sutthle, excelent person. Thanks again.

• Classic King Room

Parking was expensive. Room was above the bar, because they had to move us as original room was accidently used by party in the bridal suite... through a connecting door . Second day noise from bar kept us up a bit. Probably could have asked to be moved and they would have accommodated our request, but we were too lazy.

Beautiful accommodations. Fine old hotel. Wonderful bar and restaurant.

• Classic King Room

No fault of the hotel but being in the city and close to the fire station is a bit noisy for us non city people.

It's location is nice. Room was very comfortable.

• Deluxe Double Room

I continue to have issues with hotels being able to find my booking reservations. This is the third time a property had my first name as my last name and can’t seem to find my reservation. It’s very frustrating to arrive at a hotel and they seem to not be able to find my reservation, especially when you’re in a busy town for a big event and it appears you have no reservation. PLEASE tell me how I can ensure that booking makes my reservations correctly!

The hotel was lovely and service was excellent!

• Classic Double Room

Evacuated due to Hurricane Have with a small 20 pound dog. Looked for dog friendly properties. Once we drove 3 hours. Check in to be told valet parking $30 a day. And surprise, that dog you brought, $50 and fill out this dog form and read dog rules. Nothing mentioned online at time of booking. Hot water valve on sink in op. Ceiling fan globe came off. Otherwise all good.

The maid service was adequate. I hate low toilets & the toilet seat needed replacing. The facilities are starting to show wear and need a little refreshing and replacing. While they have a stocked refrigerator; it would be nice if there was some space for things brought in; like snacks. It would be nice if there was a small gift shop. There is a drug store directly across the very busy street, but . . .

Restaurant was excellent. The hotel front desk was very accommodating. It has that old world feel. It was in an excellent location.

Really no down side.

The staff was extremely helpful and courteous! Asked for a good bottle of wine and cheese plate to be in the room upon arrival. The wine was excellent and cheese plate had fruit, assorted cheese and meats....incredible! The Library Bar was nostalgic and the singer/band was very good. We enjoyed a wonderful breakfast in the Landmark Restaurant. Bottom line, we loved the classic charm of the hotel. The room was spacious and very comfortable. Amazing shower pressure. We will be back!

• Classic King Room

The complimentary shuttle was out of commission the night we were going to use it. . . so we just ubered. Also, the tub/shower could use new caulking--it was a little dirty looking!

Upon arrival, we were greeted by the valet and at check in, we were upgraded to a junior suite!!The size of the room and the view of downtown was awesome!The bed was very comfortable and the air conditioner was great. It was really hot in Dallas that that weekend. The location was exactly what we wanted--close to the wedding venue at SMU and the reception at the Carsile Room downtown. This is an historical hotel. So, if you want the "industrial" feel of chrome and glass, you should book elsewhere. If you appreciate architecture and enjoy marble floors in the lobby, this a a great place. The Library lounge had a great singer the night we were there too. And Leon (bell man) remembers your name!!!

• Classic King Room

valet parking flying over speed bumps, that to me was a BIG turn off. It's like he didn't care about my car.

bed/pillows like a could, wanted to take all home. The hallway smelled a little damp musty, but I did enjoy my stay. The valet brining my car back went over the speed bumps VERY VERY fast but don't worry my hubby put him in check for that!

• Classic King Room

The way the AC unit was around a corner meant that I had to run the ceiling fan to be cool consistently at night, and the mattress could use an update.

I had a lovely, spacious room with a fancy sitting area (room 515). Staff were very helpful. Restaurant brunch was good.

• Classic King Room

The staff made the hotel outstanding ... from the moment I drove up, they went out of their way to make me feel welcome and at home. The check-in process went smoothly. My luggage was immediately delivered to my room. The room was perfect!! The staff was very courteous and outstanding to work with. All of the associates made me feel welcome and I look forward to lodging at the Warwick Melrose Hotel again. A Very Special Thanks To My Driver "Garret" He Was AMAZING!!!!!

• Classic King Room

Staff could care less. Parking cost is unreal. Spent time performing minor plumbing on toilet to make it work - how do they not know??? Lol

Good location - library bar is super cool but $$$$

• Corner King Room

Staff is excellent. Left my phone charger in my car and the valet didn't hesitate to get it. The corner room was wonderful with a great view of Dallas. I was there to do a Memorial Day walk and the car took me and picked me up. No hassle to find a parking spot.

• Classic King Room

Lack of flexibility in relation to driving guests to and from Dallas sites of interest

grand and spacious lobby and public areas, bar and restaurant very comfortable and spacious room The hotel chain's IT people (Anthony) were extremely helpful in trouble shooting

• Classic King Room

I had to really think about something that I didn't like. This is really unimportant; but, the refrigerator in the room was so full of things that were for sale that I really had to be innovative to find room for the things that I had bought that needed refrigerated. This is a picky criticism. Most people, I understand, wouldn't care. I mentioned it to the staff and they said to just rearrange things so mine would fit.

The staff was very courteous. I asked about specific types of restaurants and liked their suggestions a lot. I mentioned the referral to those restaurants. Each time I walked out, the staff at the front greeted me. Also, I wasn't feeling well one evening. I asked the desk person to call me to check on my well-being. He did. It was a relief to know that I would be 'checked on'. I will stay again.

• Corner King Room

Some of the carpet is showing it's age. Likewise, the sofa had some stains.

A nice, historic property in an upscale neighborhood. Very professional staff, especially in The Library (lounge).

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

• Classic King Room

Desk staff wasn't very professional - may as well have checked in at motel6. Parking options are atrociously bad and ridiculously expensive.

Super convenient. Always clean.

• Deluxe Double Room

Forced to valet park. Room had two full beds vs queen beds. Bathroom was dirty. Furnishings are getting a bit worn. Took 5 calls and 45 minutes to get a pot of coffee the morning we were checking out. Neighborhood was not kept up like we remember. Will not stay there again.

Not much. I use to love this property and location. It needs a renovation.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

• Corner King Room

The bed was so comfy! And we loved the fact that the windows opened slightly :). You don't find many hotels that have that option these days! The weather was a bit cool outside so it was perfect!

• Classic King Room

It's an older, classic property and we've stayed here many times -- even though the bathrooms can be a bit small and the air conditioner systems a bit on the noisy side.

Bed was super comfortable. This is a classic, renovated property with excellent standards for cleanliness and service. We stay here regularly for the value, cleanliness and location.

• Classic King Room

All good except for leaky faucet mentioned above.

Staff was courteous and helpful. Valet parking was excellent and fast getting the car. I did notice cold water faucet had a leak ( room 709) . Otherwise all was very nice!

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

• Classic King Room

I wasn't offered a mini-bar key when I checked in. I called for one. 45 minutes later I went to the front desk myself as It wasn't delivered. My mini-bar wasn't re-stocked, nor was my coffee. Pillows are not comfortable.

Easy to be there. The valet guys were great. Love the Library.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

• Classic King Room

Tried calling room service inn Sunday for 1 hour. No one ever returned our call. We finally spoke to someone but her English was not very good so we gave up. Plus our bathroom emitted a sewage smell.

The architecture

• Classic Double Room

Rooms just didn't wow me notice spot stains on the floors. Walls to thin had to sleep with the tv on because of the conversations in the hall on night.

Awesome staff, restaurant was amazing

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

• Classic King Room

Breakfast at the landmark was mediocre at best. We were booked into a room that connected to a conference room, surprised when a conference started at 7am on a saturday😂

Staff, valet were excellent

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

Nothing at all.

I loved the location, the size, the comfort, the room was wonderful, especially since we stayed for four nights...it had a apartment feel rather than a closed in hotel room feel. The windows and light in the room were wonderful.

• Classic Double Room

For the price paid, it lacked in shower cleanliness. Also, $27.00 to park overnight. In addition, the bottled water in the room was $7.00. For what I paid for the room, parking and at least ONE bottle of water should have been included. I booked this hotel because it said that it was within walking distance of American Airlines Arena. Let me tell you, there is absolute NO WAY anyone in their right mind would walk this.

Beautiful older hotel with lots of charm.

• Classic King Room

There were no hand rails for the tub. I could not shower, because I was afraid of falling.

Breakfast was very good and the service was outstanding. All service personal were more than helpful.

We loved everything!

Everything! Traveling with friends for my birthday.. Our first stay at the Warwick Melrose. As soon as we walked in the door, we all decided we would never stay anywhere else when traveling to Dallas

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

From what I ordered and was shown online I honestly didn't like my room at all period.

The pillows the bed the covers. I actually thought the room would look a little more better than it did.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

• Corner King Room

The lady at the front desk was sort of impersonal.

The privacy of our room location (corner) It was very clean and smelled nice. Leon was so helpful and friendly. He offered to get ice for us and if we needed anything at all just to let him know-even to run across the street to Walgreens for us.

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

They seemed to be short on staff and I ended up waiting at front desk for help for 15 minutes. I wanted to extend and one of the staff said yes, another no not possible and another told me maybe. Several times they had different answers to the same questions. If you have a car they say the valet are there until 12am but I came down at 10:30 pm and they had left and I got my keys from the front desk but they did not know the gate combination so I could not get out of the parking lot. These are not major problems and if they had better coordination I would give it 5 starts

Great location in central Dallas. Staff is very nice attitude. Great bar in hotel

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

• Classic King Room

$27 valet parking when I could have parked it myself since hotel and lot were as close as any Holiday Inn parking.

Hotel provides free car service within a 3 mile radius of the hotel. We used going to to The Rustic for a concert however it ends at 10:30pm on a Saturday, which is a negative.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

• Classic King Room

They could have free access for the wifi.

The service was excellent! I felt like I was a resident of the hotel...like it was home...and we only stayed one night. The Library was an excellent place to end the night and they singer was amazing.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

Room 314 is located in front of elevators and the noise was constant all night. Also, very strange shower with the curtain located over the edge and water accumulates on the bath room floor.

Great location and staff was great. Nice big, clean room.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

• Classic King Room

Called two days prior to see if I could check in early/check out late.. staff was rude. Mold on our comforter that I showed staff and they simply comp'd valet charges. Valet is mandatory unless you'd rather park down the street half a block and walk. Left to get breakfast and came back to check out and we were locked out of our room. Went downstairs to have our keys re swiped.. still didn't work.. this happened twice more until staff had to come let us in. Our room was extremely outdated for as much as we paid. Would never recommend or go back. 50 a night for pets that are kenneled is ridiculous when there isn't an area to even take them out to use the restroom. Beyond disappointed

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

• Classic King Room

I didn't care much for being charged $27 just to park my car at this establishment overnight. If a hotel wants me to stay there, they ought to provide a parking space.

The bed was insanely comfortable. Room was spacious and decorated very nicely. The hotel is an historic establishment and has a great deal of charm. 24 hour room service is a plus. The location is terrific in the Uptown district of the Oak Lawn; all kinds of shopping and restaurants in the immediate vicinity. Check out is 12 but the staff allowed us an additional hour at no extra charge.

• Classic King Room

A little noisy at 3:00 AM but nothing major.

Love the historic feel of the hotel. The rooms are nice and spacious. Staff was helpful. Restaurant is excellent. The servers were so pleasant and accomadating. We also had room service which was quick, hot and delicious.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

• Classic King Room

My husband and I went to the Warwick specifically for some R&R. There was a loud wedding going on. We'd gotten a great deal booking online, so it sort of seemed fine, but if we'd paid full price I'd have been very frustrated by how loud it was until 11 PM when the wedding was over. Our first room was RIGHT above the canopy that was over the wedding. We were moved to another room, still facing the wedding, but at least up a few more floors. Ok for the discount we got, but definitely not for full price.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

• Classic Double Room

Layout of room was very odd and just didn't make much sense. Also, I am not a fan of hotels using top sheets to cover the mattress instead of fitted sheets. So that was disappointing.

Location, friendly staff and especially the complimentary shuttle service.

• Reviewed: 1 December 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

No balconies on the rooms.

The bed was excellent and the service was great. The added bonus of a courtesy car to drop you within a three mile radius was also very helpful.

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

• Classic King Room

You can not leave your car on the streets in this area so I had to use the overnight parking which was $29.00. I never used it but there was a charge for WIFI - very surprising considering the quality and cost of the hotel.

the room was huge and beautiful in an old classic style. I needed a place to stay for the night as my home in Dallas was being sprayed for pest. The room was everything I was hoping for. Staff was extra kind.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

• Classic King Room

I had surprised my boyfriend for his birthday to stay there thinking it was a top-notch hotel. Unfortunately, at check-in, the receptionist acted as though we were being an inconvenience for her. She charged us for the room then when we checked out we were charged AGAIN because she didn't do it properly. It was frustrating because we used 2 different cards for the room and for parking but they were charged to the wrong cards. So they kept running our cards to try fixing it. Then the next day I realize they still billed it wrong. Overall it was a disappointment. The only good service was Leon, he was so helpful with our bags and willing to give assistance with anything we needed.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

• Classic King Room

We loved the feel of the old building and the size of the rooms. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. We were able to easily control the temperature in the room. It felt luxurious and at a reasonable rate.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

• Classic King Room

Chicken and Waffle on the brunch menu. Over Cooked. Verbal Communication issue with the Dinner Servers. Probably me, but hard to understand at times.

Relaxing Atmosphere

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

• Classic Double Room

We discovered that we were charged more then what we were quoted when we first booked online? Plus, they charged us $51 USD for two continental breakfasts. That is outrageous. We will not be back.....everyone stay away from this hotel...

The beds were very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

• Corner King Room

We got a Corner room... It had a view of the parking lot and the Office Depot next door. Not what I had in mind, especially considering we paid more for this room. No pool on site. Evening staff was a little less friendly than the morning staff

The morning hotel staff was very nice and helped us check in very early.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

• Classic King Room

Can't really think of any thing I didn't like.

Room was perfect size and the view was very very excellent. Beds very comfortable. Restaurant down stairs had really good food and drinks for a fair price and the live music made it special.

• Reviewed: 2 September 2016

• Deluxe Suite

At 0200 the room AC was unable to get the temperature below 79 degrees We open the windows in the living area , bedroom and bathroom to create a cross breeze

It Has been 15 years since my last stay at this hotel and it was as wonderful as I remembered. Our suite was well appointed and met our needs

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

• Classic Double Room

Very quiet in a fairly noisy neighborhood. The curtains kept out all of the morning light allowing us to sleep in. :) The location was perfect for us!

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

• Classic King Room

The ceiling fan was a bit noisy!

Loved the building, beautiful with the authentic feel of a well kept old building. Just keep in mind the food, drinks and parking are all VERY nice, but come with a price, so don't expect to only pay for your overnight stay unless you get dropped off and bring your own food. The coffee in the room is the only free thing. Staying here was a nice treat!

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

• Classic King Room

I like that the staff had taken time and steps to prepare for our visit. The room was aptly prepared and the added touch of a welcome gift was left to help celebrate my husband's birthday.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

Can't think of anything

Always have stayed at stoneliegh. After the change in ownership it never been the same. Gave them many chances but I'm done. Metrose was a great value and a great overall experience.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

Wifi not easy to access at first and staff not explaining the process or facilities of the hotel

The beds were really comfortable and the rooms large and beautiful. Great lobby and bar restaurant.

• Reviewed: 18 July 2016

• Classic King Room

The air conditioner was so loud that when it turned on or off it woke me up so didn't sleep much. Also, the parking charge is outrageous.

The bed was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 7 July 2016

• Classic King Room

I did not appreciate $80 a night being added to my stay of 3 nights and they charged me for 4 and it didn't come off of "hold" for 5 days. No one mentioned this at check in only at check out when I asked. Front desk stated the hold would drop off the second she checked me out. Nope.

The room and entire hotel are perfect. Staff and cleaning crew are exceptional. The location and surrounding area are perfect. Beautiful hotel!

Browse Warwick Melrose Hotel traveller photo gallery