Reviews of Washington Plaza Hotel 4 stars

10 Thomas Circle Northwest, Northwest, Washington, DC 20005, USA

#41 of 138 hotels in Washington

A wonderful hotel in every respect!
    • Superior Queen Room

First, I was upgraded to a junior suite, which was wonderful. I am a very light sleeper and was able to get an excellent night's sleep, without hearing any noise. The suite was big, extremely comfortable and clean. The location was also perfect - close to the Mall and to Georgetown. I definitely hope to stay there again next time I am in DC.

Decent place to stay.
    • Superior Queen Room

Parking. Our cards did not work to gain access to the garage.Doors not clearly marked leading to elevators from sub garage. Size of room pretty small.

Clean. It was a hotel in DC.

Great location, within walking distance of the White House,...
    • Superior Queen Room

My biggest issue is they have no microwaves in the hotel, so there was no way to heat up leftovers we got at their restaurant.

Great location, within walking distance of the White House, National Mall, Washington Memorial, etc. Nice pool and poolside service from the restaurant. Comfortable, clean rooms and friendly staff.

Well run hotel in great location. Nice big rooms and pool area is huge.

Can’t think of anything

Good sized room with a balcony, so we could have fresh air. Staff were most helpful and efficient. Good location for restaurants and night life, as well as sightseeing.

A nice hotel;
    • Superior Queen Room - Accessible

Location is at the corner of Thomas Circle, so traffic noise/pollution can be an issue, especially if around the pool area.

A nice hotel; the room was a bit dark in decor but comfortable. Nice outdoor pool area and lobby area. Very friendly and welcoming staff.

Comfortable and Helpful
    • Superior Queen Room

GPS has problems with location in and around hotel. Cost is high both for room and overnight parking.

The staff are all so helpful and friendly. The rooms have darkening shades. The pool is pretty and relaxing. The room, although small, is tasteful and has everything I need. Lots of space to put belongings, good size bathroom. Desk, electrical receptacles. Hi speed WiFi. Allow for full day of parking, even after checking out.

Lovely hotel

No breakfast included in room rate.$229 for one night is crazy money

Upgraded to a junior suite was nice.room was lovely and clean.bed was excellent.pool was lovely and we were allowed to use it after we checked out.

The beds and pillows were amazingly comfortable!
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Front desk woman at checkout😬Did not ask how was our stay or please comeback.Very straight forward,what’s your name and room number.Then here’s your receipt.

The beds and pillows were amazingly comfortable!Orlando at the front desk,was very polite as were all the doormen.Upon checking out,Woman checking us out was not friendly at all!!

Great location to the tourist sites and nice staff but hotel needs alot of work
    • Deluxe Double Room with Balcony

The hallway on our floor smelt like marijuana when we first arrived,the room was much smaller then it appeared in the pictures and there was no way to lock the door from the interior to prevent my toddler from opening the door and running into the hallway. When we called maintenance up about the door he just said sorry none of our rooms have interior locks or latches. *Ive stayed in alot of hotels for business and this is the first time ive ever seen a hotel door not have an interior latch. We had to carry a chair over each night to block the doorway. *Also the garage/parking has very low clearance so we had to unload our roof luggage carrier when we first arrived and then had to reinstall it when leaving.

All the staff members we spoke to were very friendly.

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

AC was loud and could never find a happy medium temperature, most ubers and lyfts would have difficulties navigating the roundabout near the hotel but not to big of a problem

The complimentary water and ice drop offs were amazing. The restaurant was top choice for most meals here.

The stay was nice other than few things I said above.
    • Superior Queen Room

extra charges that are not told until you get here. I feel guest shouldn't be charge for parking. The pool should be open until at least 11pm on Friday and Saturday. Need better pillows

It was very nice and clean hotel.

I like the pool & bartender who served us, she was so welcoming & with smile face!
    • Superior Queen Room

The room was extremely small :((

When we arrived I asked the receptionist ( lady) if we can choose room with windows towards to the pool, she looked at me and said no you can’t & Gabe is super small room with no sun views. It’s little upsetting cuz she wouldn’t even smile to us. I guess hospitality is very low in this hotels receptionist. I wish they could me more guest welcoming. Thank you!

• Superior Queen Room

I checked on 7/2/18 into this hotel for staying until 7/7/18. The receptionist who help us was nice, but we had a problem in our reservation the cost us an increase on rate which it was resolved after calling many times booking.com. On Thursday I notified hotel front desk that I was leaving for one night and I needed room service for the 2 rooms that I was paying for. When we comeback on Friday night around 11pm we found that our bedding was not change and bathrooms were duty as we have not left them like that, we were very tired and upset about it. So I notified the front desk and the manager in charge that night seems unhappy about my complaint but sent a worker to clean up toilets. This worker offered me to bring sheets for me to change them myself which I found it absurd and irresponsible that they don’t have 24 hours room service on the hotel. I believe that I paid too much for this hotel and worst of it for the service I received I felt that I waste my money. Though they offer free breakfast for the next morning but only for me and my husband and I had to tell them that we had 3 kids with us as their room was also not cleaned as requested. I believe that this hotel should had at least not charge us for the night we went out for all the trouble and disappointing. The location of the hotel is good and their facilities looks clean but when it comes to their maids more supervision is needed, also their customer service needs much improvement. The desk and night tables were dusty as they never passed a cloth on them. Very very disappointed this time. Besides all this, the day we arrived to Washington on 7/2/18 the original hotel we had booked had no air conditioned and I had to call booking to cancel and reserving with Washington Plaza which we thought was a great hotel because of the ratings. Hope you can answer me regarding this situation and select your hotels with more scrutiny. Oneyda Pacheco

Old but well maintained
    • Superior Queen Room

First of all the pool, refreshments after the Washingtons +39C is priceless.The furniture and facilities are old but well maintained.Bads are big and confortable.Walking distance from all sights(up 2 km).A few hundred meters away is the area with shops and affordable restaurants.The drinks and snacks avaliable at the reception is very cheap, even lower prices than in stores.Pool is clean and not overcrowded.

I will choose a different place to stay on my next visit.
    • Superior Queen Room

Located at a very busy roundabout. Cars honking the entire night. Not very sound proof rooms. I could hear the staff rearranging the pool chairs at 6 AM from the third floor. We were upgraded to a room with a balcony which put us on the same side of the building as the pool and roundabout. Window was very small due the regular door, not sliding glass door. Balcony had a 3-4ft cement wall and blinders on the sides, which provided no view and made the room feel very small. Sitting on the balcony was like being in a cave, no view and no breeze. I am assuming since the regular door from the balcony swung into the room was the reason we only had a desk chair and not one in the corner of the room. One of use had to sit on the bed all the time.

Staff is friendly. Very hot, and ladies brought water bottles to the room the first night. Parking is fantastic, cheapest in town.

We came from a red eye and arrived at the hotel around 9am.
    • Superior Queen Room

We came from a red eye and arrived at the hotel around 9am. We were just planning to leave our luggages, use a bathroom to refresh before roaming the city. The lady in the reception counter let us check in early and we were all grateful to her. We were not warned that DC is freaking humid so being able to shower and change into fresh clothes after an overnight flight was a treat! Also the hotel is a good walking distance from McPhearson Station.

The room was nice, the pool and pool area were very nice.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The garage was crowded the gate to get out of the garage didn’t work for 3 days. The elevators didn’t work for 3 days.

The room was nice, the pool and pool area were very nice. The restaurant was good and the staff was friendly

Nice Birthday get away
    • Superior Queen Room

The food was delcious.Blackberry muffins awesome,hotel laid out for easy access to all areas. Bed comfortable. Love farm to table menu that is a big plus.

Enjoyed
    • Superior Queen Room

That was a great 4 nights stay in this hotel June 29 to July3 ,2018. My 3 years old son enjoyed the pool in the afternoons. Pool was protected by life guard 9am to 9pm. Room was clean and has a mini fridge and flat TV. Shower and bathroom was new. Parking had two options 30+tax for self-parking and 35+tax for valet . We chose self-parking since our car would be in the same spot as valet cars and protected under ground and you can use your room key to get in and out any time. I don’t think you can find any better price for parking in town. Staff were super friendly ,the young lady with glasses at front desk ,upgraded our room from 1 queen to 2 double we stayed in 9th floor pool view( circle view) the view was awesome. Location was perfect , close to everything .CVS at the corner ,MacDonald’s , pizza . 15 min walk to white house.30min walk to the Capitol Hill. Taxi charged $16 + tip from air museum to hotel. Uber charged $9+ tip from hotel to air museum. Hotel restaurant’s food was fresh and yummy and not pricy. We ate there once. So many elevators to use. Very happy with our stay. I highly recommend this place to everyone.

Washington Plaza is my favorite place to stay in D.C.!!!
    • Superior Queen Room

I cannot state one thing that needs help,,,It was 100 degrees, but the staff works. They reach out to guests!! And the doorman are also great!!

The staff are very caring and warm. They assist with any concerns. Ms. Kristy D., the Front General Manager helped me with directions.. I have already booked my next stay with Ms. Kristy!! At the Front Desk, I enjoyed meeting Ms. Sheila and Ms. Danielle, just great. The breakfast was perfect!!! I had Ms. Sharanette W. Everyone loves her...she moves and smiles!! In the breakfast, Mr. Juan and Ms. Lauren are great and friendly!! Ms. Ana oversees the extended buffet. Awesome time!!!

Always safe and clean

Even though the elevators were not properly working, staff was always available to assist. We have stayed here previously and always have a great experience. It is a few minute walk to the Mall area but the area is safe and the hotel is always clean.

Warm, friendly staff made us feel so welcome.
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

I wish there was a mini market on site. CVS was very close by, but I would've liked to have a shop in the lobby to look around in. But that in no way was a drawback.

The staff were so amazingly friendly and welcoming. The room was very clean and comfortable. And the food at the restaurant was very good. A truly enjoyable experience.

Great location, outdor swimming pool
    • Deluxe Double Room

Stuff tried to double charge it, the minute when we arrived, when I finally convinced them, that I was right, nobody even apologiezed. In general the stuff was at reception was really below par.

Great location, outdor swimming pool

Great pool, large rooms
    • Superior King Room

The hotel had a wonderful pool, the rooms were large. We had a room with a king-size bed. There lining was lovely, the pillows were simply too high for us to give us a good night sleep.

Lovely hotel in a great location and very clean.

Bathroom very small

Lovely hotel in a great location and very clean. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Very good breakfast continental or full on offer.

Great hotel in a good location but expensive - but then that's DC!
    • Superior Queen Room

Pool not open until 9am so no chance of a swim before leaving for work/meetings. Also, was asked to leave the pool when it began to rain! Myself and other guests were somewhat bemused - how much wetter could we get?! We refuse to get out for what was only a light shower. The young lifeguard conceded and let us stay in the water. A small victory for common sense...

Fast WiFi, good gym, room service food good (but pricey for what you get)

The location was great and the hotel had an amazing gym.
    • Superior Queen Room

We were unexpectedly asked to pay a 50 dollar (about 40 pounds ) deposit each which was of course fine. However when we checked out they had only released one deposit back and when we queried it he staff were incredibly rude. The staffing in general was very rude. It’s been a month later and even though I have argued back and forth with the very rude customer service I have yet to receive a refund. So with the totally cost and added extra, it’s probably not worth the money when there are plenty hotels around.

The location was great and the hotel had an amazing gym. The food they had was delicious. The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable.

The room was very clean, heard NO noise from other rooms at...
    • Superior Queen Room

The parking per day fee... but, hey, it's D.C. We were also initially charged $100 more than the rate we were given. All charges should be known upfront. We were taken aback by the amount at the front desk, but we ended up leaving a day early, so it was ok.

The room was very clean, heard NO noise from other rooms at all! Decent location, staff was professional and courteous... food was great from the restaurant (Thomas 10 inside the hotel)... had an awesome time!

Amazing Pool and room with a view.
    • Superior Queen Room

Pool and poolside bar/restaurant were fab! Much better than we expected. Had the feel of a sun holiday/resort, but was right in the city center. We originally booked a double room (my friend and I) and then receptionist offered to give us a room with two doubles instead when we were checking in at no extra charge. We loved it so much that we extended our stay for another night instead of getting our bus back to New York. Will definitely be returning.

Great stay though. We definitely go back and stay when we plan to visit DC again.
    • Superior King Room - Accessible

They lost our car key overnight. The valet Park staff accidentally put our car key in other car. They should be very careful next time. But anyways, the manager and staffs did their best to find the key and did everything to resolve the problem. Luckily they found the key in someone else's car the next day. It was a little bit stressful. Good thing it was resolved. Hopefully the valet parking Staffs learned their lesson.

Staffs very helpful.

A Great Place to Stay for Work or Play
    • Superior Queen Room

The location is excellent. Easy walk to the Metro and many restaurants. The rooms are clean and tidy. The staff is friendly and bends over backwards to meet every expectation. The updates to facility elevates the location to address the needs of the business and leisure traveler.

Overpriced

$580 for 2 nights and then they charge you $30/night to park your car, something that should be standard. No microwave. The final straw was the bug bites

Central location

• Superior Queen Room

Rooms and bathrooms need to be updated. Toilet right next to the bathtub, you don’t have enough room to dry off after a shower outside the bathtub because of this. The temperature in the room was extremely inconsistent. I had the temperature set for 69 and sometimes the room didn’t cool off even at that temperature. My daughter and I woke up every night hot and had to put it down to 66 to be comfortable. Also for paying over $700.00 for two nights I would expect a room that the window didn’t stare out at the roof with a/c units, being next to the elevator, ice maker and meeting room. The cleaning ladies were very friendly as well as the door man. The only plus to this hotel was the location.

Very satisfied and would highly recommend to other,will stay anytime I'm in Washington.
    • Superior Queen Room

Was not there long enough to say anything negative or notice anything out of the ordinary.

The service and staff was beyond generous and polite, very professional. I actually felt like royalty , the cleanness of the room, was extraordinary.

they let us check in at 9am , that was great!
    • Deluxe Double Room

No breakfast option with my room, previously it was included

they let us check in at 9am , that was great! and I absolutely love the pool. its my second time staying with them

Overall, the hotel was very satisfactory for our needs to explore Washington DC.
    • Superior King Room

The rooms were a little dated compared to the public areas, for the price charged.

The location and outlook onto the large turning circle. The pool and surrounds would delight the younger people, when the weather warmed up.

Enjoyable time.
    • Superior King Room

Food at restaurant is awful. Not close to Metro Center. Air conditioning system is old and noisy. Bed is hard and takes time to adjust.

Decent location. Great bar environment, nice pool, friendly staff. Walking distance to good nearby restuarants. Nice views from rooms.

someone always opened the door for me and the greeters were great.
    • Superior King Room

The fact the room key didn’t open the parking garbage. The room seemed boring (dull paint colors, neutral colors). The cable should be updated meaning that the tv show have the name of the show that is currently on the tv, on the guide.

We came in very early in the morning (3 am) and we were greeted my a very pleasant mid aged man. We couldn’t get into the parking garbage with over room key but we still go in. The room was not as nice as I thought it would be and we need use the breakfast so I don’t see why that was part of the cost. I’m sure the breakfast as nice but since we came in so early and than had to check out the next day, it seemed like a waste tohave to pay for that. The location of the hotel was great. Cost enough to everything we wanted to see but quite and calm. The pool wasn’t that expressive but at least they had a pool.

Check in and out was quick and easy.
    • Superior Queen Room

The room was very small and the view was lousy. The pillows were extremely soft with no form. The shower head had minimal force making taking a shower unpleasant. There were also water bubbles over the shower. The remote control for the television had to be replaced because it didn’t advance the channels and the cable service failed to provide Information on what was being watched.

Check in and out was quick and easy. The toiletries were natural and fresh smelling. The bedding was daft and comfortable.

Safe, centrally located, friendly staff!
    • Superior Queen Room

Awesome location, we walked everywhere. SAFE parking garage under the hotel was a huge bonus. The room was very clean and modern, and the staff was SO friendly. We loved the bar tenders in the lounge! Awesome ladies and so funny!

It was pretty good overall, Washington Monument pretty near by walking distance.
    • Superior Queen Room

Breakfast in restaurant pretty mediocre my eggs benedic sauce was a yellowish color, my boyfriend had the spinach and goat cheese omelette and didn’t taste good either. We waited for a while too. Gym was on basement and it was so hot in there, no ventilation. House keeping person opened our room door for no reason.

Nice Hotel. Outdoor pool on ground floor is not like a resort but it’s nice on the warm months. Gym has a lot of equipment from Kettlebells, TRX, Dumbbells, cable machine, bench press, sit up bench, md balls, everything I need it. Room was clean, bathroom was nice too.

Nice weekend at Washington DC
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

The extra cost for the parking They mention free parking in the web site And when I was there at front desk !! They charge me $40 per day Honestly I feel that’s not right

Everything was really nice !!!

See above.
    • Superior Queen Room

Beds were small and uncomfortable, only 2 beds for 3 people- wasn’t clear at time of booking. Very dated hotel and rooms seen better days. Never will stop there again. Mediocre continental breakfast. Value for money is poor.

If you dont plan on being in the room much, this is the BEST place to stay for location!
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

the decor was not totally up to date. But we were barely there to really notice. Thats the ONLY dislike

Love the location! I could walk to every spot I wanted bars, nightlife, metro, even the grocery store. It was the weekend so parking is free on the streets. The housekeeping had to be the highlight! They were so warm and friendly always greeting you with a smile!

The pool was nice.
    • Superior Queen Room

Our room was next to the ice machine. Loud and annoying all night long. Shower was very small.

The pool was nice. Convenient parking. Good size rooms.

Great location and food facilities.
    • Superior Queen Room

It's really noisy on Friday night. It seems someone is having party and no staff can help even after 12 pm.

Great location and food facilities. I like the room especially the door between bedroom and living room. I can work without disturbing my family.

Good value, good location and a sweet pool!
    • Superior Queen Room

I think the bathroom needed a better fan for showering and the elevators look like service elevators. Other than that loved this hotel.

I liked the pool, the location and the room was great.

Its fair .
    • Superior Queen Room

No Microwave and its smaller room , bathroom sink is very small , not enough space to put your toiletries. and no drawers or cabinet in the bathroom.

Great Hotel for a Stay in Washington
    • Superior Queen Room

not on a Bus route, so a lot of walking or taxi is required. The pool was also under renovation during our stay, so we could not take advantage of it in spite of the lovely weather. Also it would be nice if this property included a complimentary breakfast.

breakfast is Extra, lovely room overlooking the pool and front of the hotel. great staff very helpful. Arranged Airport transfer in the early hrs of the morning 5am, Located close to restaurants and Supermarkets and Pharmacy.

Best experience I’ve ever had at a hotel!
    • Superior Queen Room

Overall, everything was fantastic! The bearded gentleman (unfortunately I don’t remember his name) that checked us is was extremely nice. Thanks to the hotel, my boyfriend was able to have chocolate covered strawberries in the mini fridge in the room when we arrived for my birthday. That was the greatest! The room service was so fast and tasted better than most restaurants. The food was a 10/10! Late Sunday evening, we talked to Lauren at the front desk. We asked for recommendations for brick oven pizza and she found the perfect place and even placed the order for us while she had them on the phone. The valet parking was great too. We absolutely enjoyed our stay!

Nicely appointed hotel in downtown area.
    • Premier King Room

Onsite parking, comfortable bed and pillows, decent in room coffee. Nice restaurants nearby.

Bed very comfortable. Would like there to be better lighting. Difficult to read in bed because the bulbs were too dim. But otherwise, the facilities were very nice.

outstanding
    • Superior Queen Room

Service was outstanding especially Brandon at the desk. Went out of his way to help us with sights,places to eat, and points of interest. Jordan in the restaurant was fantastic also

Our experience was one of relaxation and comfort.
    • Superior Queen Room - Accessible

Bottled water each night was very welcomed. It hit the spot. House keeping did an excellent job and the food in and from the restaurant was top shelf. The front desk personnel were very friendly and professional. The same came be said for the doormen and they were very knowledgeable of the area. They helped us a lot.

We had a great time! I really like the Plaza; it's our favorite place to stay in DC.
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

The bathroom lighting should be separated (one for the restroom, one for the vanity). The room needs a microwave oven; couldn't reheat food. The AC was a little noisy. Parking fee was high. These are small issues.

Location, location, location. The location was excellent; within walking distance of downtown, the monuments and a ton of restaurants. The room was clean and provided adequate space. The staff was very courteous and helpful.

The pool was not open despite the warmest days of the year,...
    • Superior Queen Room

The pool was not open despite the warmest days of the year, up to 100F/35C. Strangly enough, at our arrival day, the pool was cleaned and prepared so we expected them to open the pool a few days earlier than annonced due to the high temperature weekend. But the didn’t

My stay was very nice, but wen it was time for us to leave...
    • Superior Queen Room

The room was very nice, and the staff wen we check in was nice, but wen we check out the manager was very unprofessional, hotel stay was very nice

My stay was very nice, but wen it was time for us to leave the manager did not want to give us back our 50.00 dollars, but we finally got it She was very unprofessional to us, but other than that it was very nice

Great location and value in DC with exceptional staff.
    • Superior Queen Room

The hotel in general seemed just a little shabby and the lobby a touch dark - the paint seemed old and the tile in the shower just looked a little worn. Very minor cosmetic issues, in a very good value/location property. I would definitely stay here again...

The hotel is very well located. The room was large and had a balcony overlooking the pool - generally very comfortable and the amenities were appreciated (nice bath products, free bottled water each night). The bathroom/dressing area was huge - double vanity with plenty of counter space, separate toilet/shower room. The staff were exceptionally welcoming, friendly and outgoing - seemed to truly enjoy their jobs, including the housekeeping staff. The restaurant had a good breakfast buffet, with omelet bar, although we ordered from the menu (not hungry enough for the buffet). They brought a pot of coffee to the table (always appreciate not having to find wait staff to refill), and split our order for us before serving - without an extra charge.

The best bang for your buck with great, walking distance to everything.
    • Superior Queen Room

The facilities need some work. Definitely out dated in appearance. Had a “wet” feel to it ambiance.

The spaciousness of the room was great. The bathroom and the sink and the walk in closet were all separate plus their was a balcony that faced the square overlooking the pool. The staff was very nice, especially Valet!

everyone was very nice .
    • Superior Queen Room

breakfast is not included in price and very expensive - consider a low cost breakfast alternative .

everyone was very nice . hotel not very crowded . small but very clean gym

Comfy hotel in excellent location
    • Superior Queen Room

Excellent location within 15 minutes walk from the White House and lots and lots of restaurants, grocery stores, pharmacies, banks, parks etc. Nice - size room that was super clean, spotlessly clean bathroom, surprisingly spacious balcony with chairs and table. Friendly and professional staff serving with a smile. Overall a nice stay.

We enjoyed our stay tremendously and would recommend this hotel because of the warmth and comfort.
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Well, you probably don't want to hear this, but you asked. I thought the hotel cost was too expensive, but I guess that's the going rate there in DC.

This was our first trip to DC and I wasn't sure about where to stay. I was more than pleased with this hotel. We enjoyed our stay so much. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was very nice and comfy. I was impressed with the food (try the crab cakes) in the lounge, while I waited for my family to arrive. Thanks again for a pleasant stay!

Beautiful staff and great location
    • Superior Queen Room

We were at the washington plaza for our honeymoon. We were extremely happy with Brandon who changed our room to the top floor giving us a beautiful view and giving us a bottle of wine and strawberries and chocolate. Was blown away by how accommodating Brandon was! the bed was extremely comfortable and the bathroom is extremely clean. Thank you again for making our honeymoon brilliant! Very close to all museums.

We are planning to come back to DC and I am sure we will stay with you!
    • Superior Queen Room

Although we were on the go a lot of the time, It would have been nice if the bed was a little firmer and there was a comfy chair/sofa in the room.

We really enjoyed how close the property was to everything within walking distance. The staff was awesome!!!!

The Hotel is lovely. The restaurant is awesome. Food is excellent and the service is great 👍
    • Superior Queen Room

They need to schedule timely room cleaning.

The bed and pillows are the best ever for a wonderful rest and sleep. Restaurant and service excellent. Staff friendly.

I would not recommend anyone to go there due to not taking responsibility to their wrong doing
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

They made a big dent in our car rental and lied about it, after arguing and asking to see the video they agreed to sign a form stating it was their fault and did not let us a see the video. Now they are writing to the insurance company that it was not their fault and trying to make us pay for it! Really bad service and valet drivers

Highly Recommend for families
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Staff was super helpful and friendly. Rooms very clean. Location was fantastic and safe. Felt very comfortable walking day and night. Close to National Mall and White House. 3 blocks from Metro Station. Would definitely stay here again. Great value. Highly recommend.

Would not stay here again.
    • Superior Queen Room

The entire hotel is very outdated, including the amenities in the room - we travelled with a baby and had breastmilk that needed to be kept cold or frozen and the fridge was so weak and barely colder than the room temperature - an “engineer” came to check it out and told us it was “running fine”. The towels were torn on the edges, the room was tight, the whole place seemed kind of run down. The staff at the entrance were polite - but everything else I could’ve done without. For the price it was not worth it at all. Pretty disappointed.

I liked the location of the hotel - that was all

Its location.
    • Superior Queen Room

The price.... I was charged an additional £80 compared to the price booked on booking.com. I challenged the variance with the staff and I was informed that their price changes every day. Thats total BS.....I have never come across that before. I should not have to pay extra for an agreed room and service. In fact, I should have been compensated for the noise I had to endure as the hotel had some work taking place. Thankfully, the noise stopped at 9pm. Notwithstanding, Im not impressed and will certainly not be going there again.

Its location..... relatively close to amenities and shops.

This is a hotel with a great staff in an outstanding location, a great value.
    • Superior King Room

The bed was too soft and a bit lumpy. My wife and I both struggled with it. They need to invest in better mattresses.

The staff is great. The location couldn’t be better. The bar is very good. The restaurant is excellent for breakfast. Room service is also very good with great staff. Our room was very nice with a good view.

Enjoyable stay
    • Superior Queen Room

It is price is high, but I think it is every where in DC. Itchy bed sheet and blanket

Fast check in/out Welcoming nice staff Excellent location and walk distance to shops and restaurant High speed WiFi Comfortable bed

Excellent breakfast buffet.
    • Superior Queen Room

Should have an all year round pool.

Excellent breakfast buffet. Super location for the main sights. Close to metro and well serviced by local buses. Good choice of restaurants nearby.

Very good quality, but at a price.

Price

Room and bed were very nice and comfortable. A lot of good facilities: lounge and restaurant, pc's and printer, a good laundry service, a fitness and swimming pool. Unfortunately, it was March and it was cold during my stay, and the swimming pool was not open. Friendly personnel at the reception desk and lounge.

Good stay
    • Superior Queen Room

My window faced the back of the hotel, so I saw the roof of the neighbouring building with AC outlets continuously making noise. AC in the room is pretty old school as well and as I turned it on a giant cloud of dust emerged. The room facilities are good but whoever arranged things this way, had no idea how to use them (for example the coffee/tea maker is in the bathroom section and the cable is not long enough to reach the power outlet).

The hotel is in the city centre, very good location. Many restaurants around. Metro station is 8-10 mins away on feet. The room was good, nothing special or wow but it was comfortable and big enough. Bathroom is good, too. My bed was comfortable and they had more types of pillows based on firmness.

What i like about the hotel is its location which is in the...
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

There is a need to improve though on the food it serve for room service. We were not satisfied with the taste and what we paid was a bit expensive.

What i like about the hotel is its location which is in the central district but not in the busiest part of DC. It is also accessible via the metro train (just a few minutes away by walk to mcphearson station) and near the tourist areas such as the national mall.

All around great, convenient, and comfortable. Location was terrific.
    • Superior Queen Room

The shower head is low water flow.

Location! Right by 14th Street, which has great bars and restaurants. The staff were super nice and though my room was basic, the bed was very comfortable. Business center prints documents for free. Only a 15 min walk to Smithsonian American Art Museum, and a 10 min Uber to National Mall.