Reviews of Motel 6 Atlanta Airport - Virginia Ave 3 stars

1377 Virginia Avenue, Atlanta, GA 30344, USA

#224 of 250 hotels in Atlanta

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Check-in was cheap and fast! The rooms were extremely clean. I will stay again. I would refer this hotel if you're near the College Park Area of Atlanta.

The lady working the front desk was very rude. This was actually the first time after many stays I had experienced bad customer service. I was over charged for my room.

The rooms were clean and bed were soft. The manager addressed the issue with the rude employee and rectified the problem as well as refunding me for the room that I was overcharged for.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Overall the front desk attendant tendency to be a little bit more courteous but it was a great experience other people very polite and I do suggest that the housekeepers do not come and knock on your door until at least 10:50 they are there entirely too early

Great Hotel the cleaning a wonderful they are attentive the only thing I would suggest is the hallways need to smell fresher and the front desk females could be a little bit more courteous and attentive when they're trying to multitask dealing with a customer in front of them and on the phone

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The whole hotel stank of smoke and specifically marijuana, so I would not recommend it to anyone else. The room was also very stuffy since you are not allowed to open the balcony door and there are no windows. So i won’t stay there again.

The room was clean although it stank badly, and the location is close to the airport, which was great. The shuttle service back and to the hotel was also good.

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

What I didn't like was no hot water. We are in a dispute on the bill at the moment. We called the desk and they said try the faucets in the opposite direction because half of the plumbing is backward. We did, but still had nothing but very cold water to take our showers with.

The only thing I did not like during my stay was the water pressure and temperature. Pressure was low entire stay and water didnt get clthat hot in shower.

Everything else was great! Room was beautiful and clean! Location was good as well. Bed super comfy. I slept amazing . If they can do something about water pressure and temperature, I'm sure I'll be back!

No blow dryer in the room...first time I have seen that. No access to the balcony’s! You should really say that, as that is the reason I chose your hotel because we smoke but don’t like smoking rooms.

Clean, and close to the airport. Staff was friendly and gave great brunch recommendations!

There was so much street noise and noise from the surrounding rooms. We just needed a place to sleep so we could catch a flight the next morning and we only got one solid hour of sleep. The windows and walls are thin so we could here everything around us.

The staff was very welcoming and friendly.

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Please get door stops for the door. Nobody has them but if you're are trying to push a wheelchair into a hotel room you would underatand

After traveling 10 hours, I was glad to arrive. Directions a little tricky. Thrilled with the Handicap room and bathroom, roll in shower great. Much better than pricier hotel with tubs. No carpet was a bonus for pushing the wheelchair. Thanks Eileen B

The hotel upon entering, the desk was empty and we had to wait 5-10min until we seen someone. The hotel smelled of weed, they didn’t seem to mind that fact.. it was extremely loud. The non-smoking double bed room that I booked, due to allergies to cigarette smoke, was strongly filled with smoke.. I reintegrated that fact of needing a non smoking room online with my reservation as well as in person at the desk.. so I was miserable my entire stay in that smoke infested room! The air conditioning unit in the room also leaked onto the laminate floor in a pool of water.

Liked the fact that it was close to the airport and affordable plus had a shuttle.

The hotel was a little dingy but based on the clientele it was expected.

The staff was great the hotel had some interesting guest and many travelers who were weary. Close to the airport and perfect for one night. It was priced right.

The water pressure from the sink was weak and there was no alarm clock

Please don't think for a second because of the name it does not exceed expectations. It was very nice and very clean. It smelled a little like old smoke but maybe that was because its an older hotel.

There was no place to walk my dogs. I had to go across the street to find a patch of grass too close to traffic. That needs to be changed.

Room was big, open and well appointed. My dogs loved the window wall. They were entertained for hours looking out!

Flight arrived at the airport late and missed my connection due to storms. Free airport shuttle does not run past midnight - had to pay off another motel's driver to get me there. Toothpaste only available in the vending machine and with no price (I had a toothbrush.)

Everything was clean. Better than sleeping at the airport. Shuttle back to the airport was on time and easy.

It was my second stay in the motel; I asked them to provide me a non-connected room (in my first stay, I had a connected room, and I was like living with my neighbors: hearing them talking, doing sex, etc). So, they gave another room. The room was bigger, with a sink in it, but the bathroom was smaller. In addition, the floor was dirty and sticky; I was able to notice chips, dirts and dust on the floor. In addition, the bathroom was dirty, and full of hair, and the bed was not well made; I had the impression that the linen were not changed. I asked the receiptionist to send somebody to clean my room, and she was very welcoming: however, when I retunred, I noticed that my room was still the same. Since it was a I night stay, I didn't wanted to.make an issue out of it, but it was not very confortable. Outside noise was still an issue, but at least this time, it was relatively quiter. The AC positiom was very wrong, and cold air was stricking me all over the night, so I had to turn it off.

It was close to the airport. They offered also shuttle services, which is good. In general, the people at the reception were nice.

Location: from one side, it is close to the airport; however, it is relatively far from touristic attractions. I was given a connected room, and the neighbors were lousy: I was able to hear their voices talking, what they are listening to, and finally, they started to have sex! It was not a resting night. In addition, outside noise (especially air plane sound) can be also heard. In my first room, the cleanilness was fair but not good. I booked the hotel for 2 nights (disconnected), so the woman at the reception promised that she wants to give me a non-comnected room im my next stay.

Location: if you like a location close to the airport, this motel is close.

Be sure to confirm ahead of time, you are getting the best wifi possible if you are traveling for work.

I adored the staff. Everyone was "cool."

I wish the balcony was accessible, but I do understand the safety risk as well as the noise issue opening the large glass doors attached in each room would cause.

I enjoyed my view towards the airport. I love the location of this hotel, since I love the College Park area in general.

towels in room

super easy to reach airport! 2 different night stays. one good , one not as good! No towels at all on second night stay. missed shuttle bus from airport because they stopped at 11:45pm , we landed 11:45pm so thank goodness for the Holiday Inn shuttle because he offered to shuttle us and their hotel was across the street. My next stay probably with them..

upon checking in I was given a room with broken AC and a little dirty linen. After claiming, they gave me a regular one. Not so fair.

position and a good quality overall,comparwd with other similar motels

The crowd was rowdy and loud but not the fault of the hotel.

Staff was super busy but made you feel important and multi tasked very well. Got us checked in quickly.

had a neibor who got in a fight, said would hurt partner, even said he would shoot them, attendant came knocked on there door, no answer, so they just walked away.

location to airport

So confused on why so many bad reviews, but im glad I didn't let that deter me. My family which included two kids had no problems in our three night stay, from a welcoming lobby and seamless check in to having enough towels/washcloths, clean comfortable beds and room (would've loved more pillows), hot water for every shower/bath, and coming back from our activities at night never felt unsafe, and the price was extremely affordable. Besides the grounds security accusing my husband of being a loiterer and not a guest we had no issues, And Pratiksha checking us out with a pleasant attitude and smile just put the cherry on top. I usually base my stays on reviews glad this time I didn't.

The bus was not as arranged. I had to take a taxi in the end. The receptionist when I arrived was cutting his nails at the desk and was very rude and dismissive when I explained about the bus he said I shouldn't have expected it. There were stains on the bedsheets and a musty smell. Hotel was quite noisy.

One of the receptionists was very pleasant and very helpful. When the shuttle bus was running late she made every effort to ensure we got to the airport on time.

The balcony has been nailed shut!! 😑....The fact that front desk staff is always rude, discriminates against certain people and they call EAST POINT POLICE to watch certain guest to have them put out.

Getting room service was difficult, the beds were terrible and we never had toilet paper or towels. Hotel accused of smoking in the room not 5 minutes after coming in our room. A worker just barged in to inform not to smoke , no one in our group even smokes. Called the front desk and they apologized. Next day some random person came banging on our door screaming security. When we looked through the peep hole there was no one. Just a bad experience all around.

The only thing I did not like was the multiple days I stayed had to go to front desk to get towels and wash clothes. House keeping did not clean my room.

I have stayed there before a few years ago. They have improved a lot. New bright colors and hard wood floors.

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The lady at the front desk with no hair was just disrespectful. The parking lot was very beautiful though STAY AT A HOLIDAY INN

Front desk woman with no hair is fried

environment is creepy and shady

i booked the place just because it is close to the airport, and there were no rooms in any of other hotels, the hotel itself is actually okay if you just sleep and go do your thing, however, the place is very shady, i've been asked if i want to buy drugs couple of times while walking from the parking lot to the hotel, nevertheless, the location itself covers for all the negativity...

I was on the sixth floor, and although everything looked "redone" it smelled like an old hotel 6. Really need to do something about that. Cigarette smoke and cleaning products. The room was clean. Water saver shower head was a real bummer.

This hotel has been completely remodeled and is very nice. The best thing about it is the fact that there is a free airport shuttle just 6 minutes to the airport. Runs every half hour starting at 4:30 in the morning.

The front desk person picked an argument with me. I arrived in the lobby at 7:30 and the shuttle van was already gone. The night before the front desk person said be here at 7:30am and the shuttle will be waiting. I arrived in the lobby at 7:30 and the shuttle bus was gone. The front desk woman was talking to another guest for several minutes. I gave her the room card and checked out, I made a comment that the shuttle bus must have left a minute or two early. She told me I was wrong, and pushed the point to an argument and essentially told me I was a liar. She was so hard headed that she insulted me and my wife. To the point that neither of us, our family, friends, coworkers or anyone that asks about motel 6 will stay there. All this over a silly statement said in jest not threatening or in anger. The young lady at the front desk has an attitude and extremely poor customer service skills. The bedspread had a cigarette burn hole in it, but that is nothing compared to the front desk woman.

Extremely dirty they didnt attempt to clean anything. My socks were black from walking on the floor! Dirty towels sink toilet tub. Ants raided my bed and night table at 3am it was very gross I left so fast I forgot my phone 🤦🏽‍♀️

Absolutely nothing

No supermarket near by. room was not cleaned, there are garbage in the bathroom. Internet worked poorly. Hallway had smell like someone smoked in their room.

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

No free bottled water in the room

Shuttle service Location close to the airport if you have long layover Flexible checkout time Room is spacious with spacious bathroom Bunch of restaurants around the place

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I had a non smoking room and upon our arrival our room smelled like pure smoke. We ask for a different room but They gave us a can to spray the room which didnt help. The windows are sealed shut so we couldnt air out the room. It was horrible. No towels or wash cloths upon our arrival. The housecleaning said they are short handed but she did bring us some afterwards. The hotel is the old wellesby hotel but the makeover is beautiful. The guy with shoulder length hair that was checking ppl in kept sneezing real bad without covering his mouth. Completely unsanitary.

The decor

My reservation was higher then a walk in, haires ashes and tub dirty and they only refunded 25$ to steep in filth because I was to tired to go get a decent room

The courtesy at tv's desk

Room advertised as having private balcony. Got to the room and there was a sign prohibiting opening the door and accessing the balcony. I chose Motel 6 over other area hotels because of the balcony, and I was very disappointed to learn about this false advertising. Also, they didn’t have my reservation from booking.com when I got there. They luckily had a room available, but it was a negative experience to get there and then find they weren’t expecting me.

Airport shuttle service, price, refrigerator and microwave in room, free parking and wifi.

The curtains didn't close all the way in my room, so the lights from outside were able to shine in my room. That needs to be fixed.

Location, cleanliness, staff was pleasant

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Needs more machines with food for after hours arrivals as there was not much to eat. No breakfast facilities and coffee was terrible. One of the coke machines doesn't work properly and swallowed my $2 for a drink.

The bed was very good and clean great sleep.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Great location very close to airport. Good price. Shuttle bus driver gave us a ride to the International terminal as we were only ones on board. Lots of dining options nearby. Works for a one night airport stay.

Had to bum a ride with another livery service because you don’t offer a shuttle between midnight and 4 AM. You might consider having a collaborative experience with other local hotels to better serve the needs of your customers.

Convenient location to the airport and the staff was friendly and welcoming. Relatively clean. Spartan, but served the purpose.

It was awful there was a strange smell everywhere and my daughter and I did not feel safe. I would not like to have been on my own if we had arrived before 6 when I could have cancelled and gone elsewhere I would have done so. It felt hostile The front desk and shuttle guys were really friendly cannot say the same about the area and other people hanging around If you are looking for close to airport there are several new hotels right next to this one I would recommend you stay there

The shuttle service worked and it was close to the airport

Bed was cheap, linens were low quality and didn’t fit the bed, no trash can in the bathroom, no hair dryer, cheap furniture, inadequately flushing toilet, smell of industrial cleaner in the hall mixed with smoke and mustiness. It felt dirty and there was trash in the parking lot (chicken bones, styrofoam containers, cigarette Butts everywhere.

Price, location

The broken toilet seat. The non-smoking room that made my nose run. The tap in the shower that kept on falling off. The fact that a room for 2 people has one chair.

The location.

Me & my family had a 2 night stay. No room service was offered to us. When we returned to our room later that night, we had to ask for a new set of linen but facility didn’t have any.

Convenient, close to many fast food restaurants

The photos of the rooms were misleading, they were pretty tiny and while it is a no smoking hotel, the entire place reeks of weed. The water pressure in the shower was almost impossible to work with and it took 20 minutes for the water to heat up. Also the door to the "balcony" is bolted shut.

Overall you get what you pay for I guess. It was quiet and the check in and out processes were easy and quick.

Staff was very friendly and not very welcoming after a long day travelling. We were travelling from Canada where our dollar is not trading well so we expect to get good service for our money.

Hotel was only ok

Not very clean in the room. A little bit noisy outside. But that's what a motel is like, I guess.

Close to the airport. The room is quite large. The shuttle buses to the airport were good .

The front desk associate was rude and unprofessional, The hotel ad says it has balcony and we can't even access it (the door was locked), The sheet set wasn't clean(a stain was on it), TV was dark and not a lot of channels to watch, The sink was filthy as well.

The floor was clean.

This property allow smoking marijuana on site. They also have a lot of families that stay on property. There was alot of parties and smoking going on. The hotel staff wouldn't address the situation. If I was there for pleasure I would've left.

Manger and housekeeper was the best

the front desk workers were very rude it seemed like they had a chip on their shoulders. Also even know check out wasn't until 11 they began knocking on our door at 10am

Room & maids very clean

The front desk staff was AMAZING it’s the housekeeping that’s rude & wont speak to you , & our bed was never made when we left the room .

The bed was comfy , so were the pillows . The view was amazing .

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

nice hot coffee in the lobby and front desk open 24 hours Lots of restaurants very close by and in walking distance! Three elevators and they all in good operation

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Couldn’t open balcony door. I was visiting from Michigan so I wanted to enjoy the fresh air but you’ll get evicted if you open it. Makes no sense to me.

Very upscale

We had someone walk into our room while we were in bed, the staff knocked on the door well before checkout, rude employees (especially the manager), and no apologies even after they attempted to rent our room to someone while we were in it

A few nice employees

Lack of cleanness, better wifi and didn`t feel safe there.

The non-smoking had a terrible smell of smoke. It felt unsafe and not very well cleaned since I found hair and spots on my towels and bed sheets. The wifi is super slow and kept logging me off.

The bathroom sink did not have hot water. The hotel did not provide an iron or ironing board. The dresser was broken.

I liked the location. Close to the airport, good restaurants, and downtown Atlanta.

had very rowdy and noisy neighbors who smoked the entire night and made my room smell like hell. The receptionist during check in wasn't helpful. Very arrogant. Lacked help pulling my 3 bags to 5th floor!!

The ladies and gentleman at the reception in the morning and afternoon respectively were very helpful and courteous! Stored my bags safely until my departure.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I stayed during the snow “storm” after waiting in line for 3 hours ,having a reservation mind you, for my room and going up seeing someone had slept in the bed was very disheartening and I was not the only one this happened to rooms that were marked clean were dirty. It was the worst experience of my life

Nothing! We booked for free shuttle to airport which didn’t run that night. And free breakfast which didn’t exist. When we made it to front of line after 45 minutes with 4 people in front of us, we were told there were no rooms. I showed our reservation on the phone and was given linens to clean our room! Then told we wouldn’t be charged and we were.

Nothing! We booked for free shuttle which didn’t happen. And free breakfast which wasn’t here.

No hot water and we had a leak in the room but we checked in so late we didn't even notice until it was time to take a shower this morning so we just left at 8am

The staff is very friendly and nice clean room

I left a pair of brand new socks in the room, 505 and called a few hours after departure to tell them; and asked to have them sent to me. I never received them.

Proximity to airport and shuttle service to airport.

Definition of seedy. Called office about hot water. Lady sounded like she was hacking up a lung but did inform me that you must run water for 15 mins to get hot. First room had hair all on the bed and pillows so I was promptly moved to a better one (king) which looked nice and new with a full fridge and kitchenette. I like that the floor is wood but it was sticky and smelled funny like mildew and smoke. The hallways and elevator looks like the projects. Towels are dingy with hair, I didn't use them on my body, used my own t-shirt to dry off. Would not stay here again.

Helpful staff, remodeled rooms, close to airport.

The only small drawback for someone could be, that room does not look much cozy, but it is not necessary important, when you just overnight. I highly recommend!

The location is great for people, who just need to overnight. Free shuttle from/to the airport is a great advantage of Motel 6. Room was clean, also a bathroom. Receptionist was friendly.

The rude females that works day shift

The women that work there is not friendly not smiling and rude shuttle bus on time great the guys that works there are friendly

The room was smaller than anticipated. Our non smoking room had a blanket on our bed that had multiple cigarette burns.

It’s a comfortable affordable place that we used specifically to sleep. I’d stay there again. Nothing fancy. Staff was friendly.

I was going to an interview and they didn’t have an iron in the hotel. I had to go out and buy it. The water was cold, and the hall was very dirty.

The room was clean and it was close to my destination.

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The amenities of the room were subpar. The generic lighting was harsh on the eyes. My sixth floor room overlooked the parking lot. Cars were coming and going at all hour s of the night and morning,and they were clearly pimp cars dropping off prostitutes and picking them up. To compound this,the patio door seals were nonexistent,causing a howling noise generated by the wind. Totally unacceptable. When I finally laid down on the bed,the sheets popped free from all four corners,revealing a plastic liner to protect the mattress from stains. This was an extremely uncomfortable bed,and the linens were no better. The remote for the tv was worn out. I could hear every little noise thru out the building all night long. I would never visit this hotel again,worst overnight experience I have ever had!

The shuttle service was great and on time, the bathroom tile work was nice and clean

Great value for money. Shuttle to and from the airport is very quick and wait time is minimal. Airport train to downtown is quick so no need to stop downtown and pay more.Just stay here.

There was no breakfast available. Towel and washcloths were old and thin. Room was very uninviting. Everything was bare minimum.

The bed was fairly comfortable. Room was clean.

The shower was HORRIBLE. I thought it didn't hot because it didn't. It got warm not only that it was a sprinkles stream, wasn't even powerful enough to wash someone. I had to wash in the sink in the bed area because 1 the water got hot and 2 it was stronger than in the shower. SMH. Never stay their again. You couldn't pay me to stay their again. Shower is a major for me. Other than that I would've gave them 5 stars.

The room was HUGE. They remodeled it as you can tell. I had a full size fridge in my room, microwave and even a table with two chairs in it. Room was hella big.

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

In a bad neighborhood. Rooms were clean but in need of basic repairs. Thin walls. No use of balcony.

Close to airport and restaurants. Price was good.. The staff was nice and accommodating. They had a laundry facility.

The shuttle never showed up to pick us up at the airport, though they were efficient in taking us to the airport. The staff did not answer the phone and the check in was slow. The general cleanliness was poor, though the room was clean and the bed comfortable. There is no breakfast at this motel.

The housekeeping was friendly and helpful. The location was great for access to the airport and they run a shuttle every half hour. There are a few restaurants for dinner and breakfast within walking distance. There are several other hotels in the same area that may be a better choice.

Car broken into if the back of parking lot was patrolled a little more to show presence probably could have been prevented. They due have cameras and lighted parking. Cameras don't extended completely to back row

The updates from the prior motel 6 brand rooms and lobby more modern look

Terrible staff!! It seems they were bothered with any question.

Convenient location close to airport. Free shuttle bus from domestic terminal. Great price. Spaceous rooms.

Browse Motel 6 Atlanta Airport - Virginia Ave traveller photo gallery