Reviews of Westgate Harbour Beach Resort 3 stars

701 South Atlantic Avenue, Daytona Beach, FL 32118, USA

#38 of 82 hotels in Daytona Beach

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Fantastic location overlooking the beautiful beach.
    • One-Bedroom Villa with Oceanfront View

The pool was not clean - I picked up a severe ear infection. The pullout bed was very uncomfortable. Refrigerator so noisy it disturbed our sleep throughout the night. Online booking was lost on arrival (but remedied by reception staff - thanks!) Housekeeping didn’t show up to make beds etc.

Fantastic location overlooking the beautiful beach. Helpful reception staff.

I will not stay here again and would not recommend this property.
    • One-Bedroom Villa with Oceanfront View

The building is not in good repair. They have a known major roach & bug problem all over. Could not sleep due to bugs crawling on us. The rooms itself is made tiny due to oversized furniture storage areas. The A/C by the bed was leaking inside so to step in a puddle every time we got out of bed. This is soaking the furniture so there will be mold soon. Kitchen is super small area - hard to pass through. Could not open or close the main bathroom door due to insides falling out and rubbing floor. Rust found all over anything metal. Cracked tiles and multi colors. Cracked makeshift kitchen overhead lighting cover. Pool and "hot" (was totally cold) tub were extremely dirty. I was overall very unhappy with our stay here. Beach was great except people left trash all over. Even the game room, which had some offerings of fun- has corner cobwebs on the floors with bugs stuck in them. When I addressed this with staff on the first night, they knew and said "so glad your attitude is good about it" ( I wasnt ok with sleeping with bugs) when I addressed it and gave info on the other items again at checkout with a different person, I was argued with as to why I didnt bring it up before (which I did). We were only there two nights thank goodness so I am not wasting my one full vacation day on your building inadequacy.

The bed was comfortable. Unfortunately the bugs (roaches) crawling all over us and around us all night did not allow for a good sleep. The bath and shower were both nice and water was great / hot.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Not returning!
    • One-Bedroom Villa with Oceanfront View

Cockroach infested. The staff did come and spray but it made it worse. I have been here before several times with no issues. Very unfortunate it has gone downhill.

On the beach. Beautiful sunrises! Great view.

Very nice hotel for family, BBQ - opportunity at the pool-area was great!
    • One-Bedroom Villa with Oceanfront View

App.15 min. to walk to the center, but it was not a big problem for us.

We liked this hotel very much. Nice pool area with BBQ-opportunity did our stay much more cosy. Beach just few steps from the hotel, sea view from veranda, calm area, but short way to restaurants. Kids liked the pool.

The staff was very nice.
    • One-Bedroom Villa with Oceanfront View

My television did not work for the first night. They did not come to fix it until about 3 in the afternoon that next day. On top of the television not coming on at all, the cable was not working. The hallways smelled horrible from the trash shoot located at the end of the hall. You had to use the pool key to access everything even the vending machines. The keys were worn out. It made it very hard to ues the keys at every turn. We spent alot of time trying to get the keys to work. Would not stay again.

The staff was very nice.

The room was perfect, clean.
    • One-Bedroom Villa with Oceanfront View

When I got there I had to use the restroom really bad so I used the lobby bathroom, it needed attention. Also the corners of the elevator areas and hallway areas needed to be cleaned and swept, for example, cookie crumbs and food debris, it simply needed to be swept.

The room was perfect, clean. We booked a king but hotel accidentally overbooked and we got a double. We were perfectly fine with a double room. It was over $100 what we were quoted on booking. This property gets a lower rated from me because of the other areas of the hotel, not the room.

Overall good value for the money and right on the beach
    • One-Bedroom Villa with Oceanfront View

Pool was OK, Hot tub was small and kind of dirty, location around hotel was kind of sketchy.

View from Balcony was great, room had bedroom for privacy and couch in LR pulled out into bed

When I arrived the person at the front desk was so polite...
    • One-Bedroom Villa with Oceanfront View

When I arrived the person at the front desk was so polite and welcoming I felt like this was going to be a great stay and it was just that! Being directly on the beach was awesome!!

staff was nice.
    • One-Bedroom Villa with Oceanfront View

advertized as a private oceanfront balcony. no privacy. one long connected narrow balcony shared by entire floor. getting from room to beach took 30 mins with 1 slow elevator working. you need a key to get through every gate like ur in prison . place was generally nice. but there is no breakfAst or bars . way too inconvenient for getting up and down and room was odd how it was laid out. you had to take turns going through kitchen . it was not bad but no where close to the $183 a night price. not as advertized on booking.com. I lost alot of trust with that site

staff was nice. pool was ok. too hot though for summer

This hotel and staff are great!!!! My husband and I favorite spot for pure relaxtion
    • One-Bedroom Villa with Oceanfront View

If you are coming to Daytona anytime soon please please get this hotel!!! The staff is beyond the best. You will not be disappointed. My husband and I came here last year in May for our honeymoon..Perfect!!! We came back on May 4-6 to celebrate our one year anniversary this year. Once again the best. We have already planned to celebrate our 2nd year anniversary GOD'S will next year here. Thanks to Westgate Harbour Resort for great hospitality and great service.

The staff handled my reservation never getting booked even...
    • One-Bedroom Villa with Oceanfront View

The staff handled my reservation never getting booked even after I recieved a comformation number from booking.com on a room that was booked with them 6 months in advanced.

The room had everything you could need,from cookware,space...
    • One-Bedroom Villa with Oceanfront View

The room had everything you could need,from cookware,space,comfort and much more.The location was perfect and the view of the beach was breath taking. I definitely would recommend this place and I will be returning.

• One-Bedroom Villa with Oceanfront View

Nothing to complain, guest services showed a room that had been renovated, hope to stay in one of those when I return

Love the split floor plan, friends stay in one half and I in the other, affords privacy

Pleasant and clean room, unwelcoming and unfriendly building tenants.
    • One-Bedroom Villa with Oceanfront View

This is not an actual Westgate owner property, found out they only own 23 rooms scattered throughout the facility, so it makes it difficult to adhere to any request for specific floor. The rest of the units are privately owned and unfortunately a few hateful and non welcoming tenants who sit in the lobby make it a very unfriendly building.

Upon check in the staff was very curt , however after a little bit of talking to her she was actually very knowledgeable and helpful. Room was clean and bed was comfortable.

3.0
    Bugs! Beware!

We unpacked and went to the beach, when we went to bed my son yelled there were bugs and didn't know what they were. Room had cockroaches! It was spring break and everywhere was booked except one room left at the Hard Rock so ended up having to pay 5 times as much as we had budgeted for on our vacation.

The ocean is my sanctuary and this rental put me right where I needed to be for a perfect getaway.
    • One-Bedroom Villa with Oceanfront View

It is amazing to be righ5 on the ocean. You wake up to the sounds of the ocean, can si5 on the deck and are right on top of it for the sunrise. Amazing view!

Had a good stay overhaul.
    • One-Bedroom Villa with Oceanfront View

Parking was always a problem. Quality of the facility was not as good as expected based on staying at Westgate properties in other locations.

Location was good.

Not worth the money
    • One-Bedroom Villa with Oceanfront View

Master bedroom had poor lighting, and being located on street side very noisy, also poor maid service, terrible for what they charged

Had a nice oceanfront view, but pool was shaded most of day

I GOT SCREWED BY BOOKING.COM THEY FAILED THERE PRICE MATCH ON THERE OWN SITE.
    • One-Bedroom Villa with Oceanfront View

I'm pissed off, I purchased it at one price $671 then 2 weeks later on your own web site it dropped $65 then did price match, you all said thru email you confirmed it. Then at resort they charged me full price and said you never updated my account and you all dropped the ball. I will never use you all ever again and I will let social media know.

Resort was ok, some what old, not enough parking for all Guest, place is split between owners resort users needs serious work need full upgrade on furniture. NEED MORE PARKING. NEED MORE PARKING. NEED MORE PARKING

When we walk out our room, the pool was right there.
    • One-Bedroom Villa with Oceanfront View

The unit was stuffy and it’s small. The kitchen area was a tight squeeze. And I felt like I was walking in a dungeon, where the unit was located.

When we walk out our room, the pool was right there. So we didn’t have to walk through the hotel. There are two bathrooms.

I will never book with Booking again fro stealing my deposit...
    • One-Bedroom Villa with Oceanfront View

The Hotel was a 80's set up needing a key for everything. to go 50 feet had too open three doors with a key.

I will never book with Booking again fro stealing my deposit on a room I never book. I will pass this message on for not giving my money back.

Nice and clean place to stay.
    • One-Bedroom Villa with Oceanfront View

Didn't like that there was no place to eat in the hotel. Would like the balcony to be private instead of open to the neighbors.

We liked the security of the facilities. We liked that our room had 2 bathrooms and an automatic ice maker. The pool and hot tub were also very nice.

Jr's last Daytona ride!
    • One-Bedroom Villa with Oceanfront View

Parking, had to park across the street and there was homeless people in the lot.

The bed and pillows we're great and having two bathrooms with two teenage girls was excellent!

Daytona gotta love the place but the beach bums are bad and watch your step we seen needles in sand
    • One-Bedroom Villa with Oceanfront View

Needs a little cleaning around the pool and hotel needs to do a better job cleaning around there trash shoot we stayed near it and it stunk when we left out of our room

Nice courteous staff and location was great

Good facility for the family.
    • One-Bedroom Villa with Oceanfront View

The sofa bed was uncomfortable, its mattress could have been better.

The security was very good. The bed was very comfortable with enough pillows,and blankets. The bathrooms were clean and spacious and the kitchen facilities was good. The view was fantastic.

On our last day, we were highly, extremely inconvenience by...
    • One-Bedroom Villa with Oceanfront View

On our last day, we were highly, extremely inconvenience by them changing out our front door! They started at 11am and were not finished until after 6pm. There was no notice at all and there was no reason for it! Was 100% happy with everything until then!

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Great place to stay
    • One-Bedroom Villa with Oceanfront View

At night we couldn't open our patio door cause there was alot of bugs that would fly in so we didn't get to sit out at night on our balcony.

I liked being right on the beach and I loved the view from my room.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

Not 5 star, but a great value. We loved it and had a blast.
    • One-Bedroom Villa with Oceanfront View

Parking lots could use more lighting. Rooms could use some updating. Lobby was dark and dated. A restaurant or more food choices available on site would be nice because the surrounding area is a bit sketchy.

Great place. Everything we needed was within walking distance. Staff was friendly and helpful. Security was visible and active. Excellent value. The morning sunrise over the ocean viewed from our balcony is enough to bring us back, wow.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

Overall, a great place to stay!
    • One-Bedroom Villa with Oceanfront View

Needed more accessible electrical outlets in the bedroom area for device charging. Room key card should provide access to all areas of the resort so you don't have to keep up with extra keys.

Comfortable bed, loved that there were two bathrooms and two televisions. All staff encountered were very friendly, helpful and respectful.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

Balcony is the worst ever.
    • One-Bedroom Villa with Oceanfront View

The balcony is not private in any rooms. We couldn't enjoy the ocean view from the balcony in comfort. It was windy do to no walls or divider on the balcony.

Bed was comfortable.

I was nervous about the quality and the rooms at this resort but i was very pleased with our stay.
    • One-Bedroom Villa with Oceanfront View

The rat i seen on the pool deck and the dead mouse that was by the jacuzzi.. and my screen door kept coming off track.

I liked the pool area. Not to crowded, and the fact that it was right off the beach.

We had a great 7 days at WestGate Harbour Beach Resort.
    • One-Bedroom Villa with Oceanfront View

The views of the ocean are absolutely breathtaking. Laundry facilities were so wonderful to have in a resort on the beach!!! Residents, Staff, and other Guest were wonderful , fun & friendly!!! The pool and hot tub were clean and inviting!!! Loved being right on the beach!!! Walking distance on the beach with your toes in the sand or on the street walking through the Strip/ Boardwalk to fabulous restaurants, Boardwalk and shops!!! This was my 3rd year in a row staying at this WestGate Harbour Beach Resort in Daytona Beach Florida. I will return again next year!!!

Won't be back
    • One-Bedroom Villa with Oceanfront View

There are not enough parking spaces for everyone. There were maintenance issues with our unit. The door was warped and peeling along the bottom, lots of dings and places that needed a paint touch up. The blanket for the pullout was covered in hair. They do not have a 24 hr front desk so late check ins or early check outs are a nightmare, especially since when you arrive late there is no parking and no instructions on where to park since there is no on street parking available. Your room card key is only good for your room, you have to use a regular key to get in the lobby, in and out to the pool, in and off the beach. It's like being in jail. If you go out for dinner and return and forgot your lobby key you can't get to your room because you can't get in the lobby. This property needs some TLC.

View of the beach was great. 1 mile is very walkable to the bandstand area restaurants.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

loved it
    • One-Bedroom Villa with Oceanfront View

that they don't raise the prices out of reach at race time and bike week so we could stay a couple of months

we have stayed here several years right after the 500 and love the view from the belcony and we got a new sofa this cleaned the room up a lot. love the place be back again

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

Disappointed
    • One-Bedroom Villa with Oceanfront View

Rooms were old, dirty, food from previous guests left under furniture, extremely dusty, dirty, odor, tv's were unplugged and cable wires disconnected- took us approx 45 min to get both tv's working. Outlets not working, and shower was broken ( no water from one of the bathrooms our entire stay )

Poor customer service, rude, harassed my daughter and her friends
    • One-Bedroom Villa with Oceanfront View

The one bedroom --can't pull couch bed out and open door. Very small Very unsatisfied with the check in process and how the gentleman handled it. My daughter was checking in and I had called ahead and completed extensive paperwork to allow her to use my card for charges without me being present. The staff harrased her and were clueless as to what paper work I had sent. Very frustrated as I am a westgate owner. She had to call me in order to explain what I had spent lots of time organizing so there wouldn't be issue.

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

Less than satisfied customer...
    • One-Bedroom Villa with Oceanfront View

Room was not clean, hair from previous guests all over the room was disgusting, sleeper sofa was like having no mattress at all, lights in living area did not work and the cost was astronomical for far less than satisfactory accommodations. Definitely not our money's worth.

Location was excellent, as was the staff. Pool and Hot Tub were great. View from room was very nice.

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

À very good moment
    • One-Bedroom Villa with Oceanfront View

Bed was too soft for our spine problems.

Hot tub and pool really clean, managers are really kind and helpful. Room is really well equiped .. WE will come back..

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

I would prefer a standard hotel next trip
    • One-Bedroom Villa with Oceanfront View

Outside lights on Balcony would not work. couldn't even find switch,and desk had no idea where it was.Charging for coffee in a facility with this cost sucks,and as does having to pay $50 for a late checkout

Beds were great.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

Worth trying
    • One-Bedroom Villa with Oceanfront View

No bar in complex.No coffee available in any machines or reception. Had to walk out for food or a meal.

Security was good, comfortable apartment with everything you would ever need.

Great view! Great Comfortable Stay!

Everything was great.

Helpful staff

Helpful staff

Close to everything.

A little dated.

Close to everything.

The pull out sofa bed was awful!
    • One-Bedroom Villa with Oceanfront View

The pull out sofa bed was awful!! Just springs. Almost impossible to sleep on it. Other than that it was ok.

The beach was amazing. great location
    • One-Bedroom Villa with Oceanfront View

The trash chute was right by our room and it smelled really bad.

Wanted to stay there forever.
    • One-Bedroom Villa with Oceanfront View

The view was amazing. The atmosphere was truly enjoyable. Had a fantastic time

Shower leaked bathroom floor was always wet

Shower leaked bathroom floor was always wet

Jeep beach 2018!!!
    • One-Bedroom Villa with Oceanfront View

Room was ok. Wasn't worth the money spent to stay for 2 nights.

Na

Lousy bed.

Lousy bed.

You don't know what you're missing until you try it.
    • One-Bedroom Villa with Oceanfront View

The view was wonderful, the room and TV cable was great, and Yolanda and Mike made you feel very welcome.

Great location, friendly people, spacious clean room

Great location, friendly people, spacious clean room

Very relaxing

Parking

Ocean view room

a nice stay

roomy , relaxing & very clean

Watched the sunrise from our balcony
    • One-Bedroom Villa with Oceanfront View

Rather small appartment. We did not like that you enter via the sleeping room.

Directly on the beach. You can see the sunrise from your balcony.

It was awesome, we loved it.
    • One-Bedroom Villa with Oceanfront View

Loved the room. The bathtub was awesome. The view was amazing. We felt safe and it was comfortable.

Loved everything.

Great place to stay

Won't stay at a beach where public can drive on again.
    • One-Bedroom Villa with Oceanfront View

Won't stay at a beach where public can drive on again. The crowd was too unpredictable.

Awesome!

Cars on beach

Brought my youngest adult son, seperated rooms was great

Brought my youngest adult son, seperated rooms was great

Best weekend ever and it rained
    • One-Bedroom Villa with Oceanfront View

There wasn't anything I didn't like.

Everything they had to offer.

It took 3 to 4 hours to get my accommodations straight so we could checkin!Another 3hr for 2nd room
    • One-Bedroom Villa with Oceanfront View

My wife and friends were stuck in elevator for 55 minutes in 100 degree temps. with no A/C.

Vacation was ruined because some idiot banged on our door all night long and that morning

The security was poor

Decent place to stay
    • One-Bedroom Villa with Oceanfront View

No military or disabled veterans discount

Ocean view was very nice

The resort was clean.
    • One-Bedroom Villa with Oceanfront View

I didn't like the location right next to the public park. The beach was very crowded and dirty.

The resort was clean. The pool was very nice.

Needs updating

No on site breakfast

Pool area

Enjoyed everyday. Weather awesome. Loved location
    • One-Bedroom Villa with Oceanfront View

Could use updating and painting. Baseboards behind couch rusty.

Beach accessibility wonderful

AC unit in room made a lot of noise, plus bugs in the room...
    • One-Bedroom Villa with Oceanfront View

AC unit in room made a lot of noise, plus bugs in the room and window sill, not very clean

Daytona weekend
    • One-Bedroom Villa with Oceanfront View

There was no safe in room.

Location, cleanliness, friendly.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

• One-Bedroom Villa with Oceanfront View

Room was dated...needs a makeover

Location. Pool was great. Second bathroom was a nice surprise!

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

We loved our stay.
    • One-Bedroom Villa with Oceanfront View

Didn't realize the balcony is not private. There are no partitions between units.

View on the beach.

Loved the 2 bathrooms
    • One-Bedroom Villa with Oceanfront View

I did not like that the balcony wasn't private.

Loved the 2 bathrooms

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

The bed was perfect and I loved the kitchenette!

Only the weather!!!!!

The bed was perfect and I loved the kitchenette!

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017