Reviews of Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort 4 stars

415 South Ocean Boulevard, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577, USA

#116 of 240 hotels in Myrtle Beach

I need a vacation after my stay here.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and Ocean View

The majority of the staff was nice but the concierge and the salesmen I got roped into seeing were horrible. When we checked in the blonde lady at the concierge desk told us about a wonderful buffet for only $20. You could even talk to a sales rep about buying a condo. She said the buffet was loaded, the sales pitch only took an hour including the meal and the tour. If you didn't like the pitch you could walk away. They would even return your $20! It looks nice right until you realize it is over run with feral children. They literally jump on you in the pool, the lazy river, and when you are trying to tan. In the lazy river they throw debris from the middle planter, run around and swim without floats, or jump onto you from the sidewalk. The parents are not in sight. One time I saw them on the 4th floor balcony. Their kid did a belly flop right next to me, yelled look at me to their parents, then scrambled into the planter, and belly flopped onto another person on the other side. The sales pitch was the worst I ever heard. It took over 4 hours. The buffet was hard fries and chicken tenders. I've had better food from gas station buffets and it made my mother so sick she couldn't eat at Joes Crab shack. The salesmen were very rude. In the end I received a "free" vacation which is just a discount stay. The salesman was surprised that our family could afford to pay the full price to stay there. After that horrible day you couldn't pay me to go back. To top it off my son and husband walked in the restroom to see our salesman with his pants literally down to the floor using the urinal. Pretty gross, so heads up if you are a guy who doesn't want to see the full moon in the bathroom. This place has potential but the management team needs to be reprimanded. If you want to let your kids go wild and unsupervised this is your place. If you love waffle house at 3am and drama, great choice. If you want to relax and enjoy your stay, nope.

The room was nice and the facility had nice amenities. It was very pet friendly. The staff will offer snacks and drinks in the morning. Our room had a great view of the ocean. We were right next to the amusement park and the pavilion was close by.

5.5
    The room clean
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and Ocean View

Because i ask for a bed room ocean front and inted they gave me a kings bedroom sideview ocean and because i check in late i guess they gave my room to someone else so i think i should atleast get a credit for that

The room clean

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Decent for last minute.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and Amusement Park View

The room was advertised with a kitchenette and this particular room did not have one. I brought food and it was wasted. We had to park across the street in the parking area because we were not VIP. An unnecessary walk with small kids.

The location was in the middle of everything. We had access to right on the beach, the amusement park and shopping, also restaurants.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

the cleanliness of the hotel ,the pools!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and Ocean View

the attitude of the person who was at the counter when I made my registration all the time had attitude, as if I were going to ask for the room for free.

the cleanliness of the hotel ,the pools!

Restaurant on site even if it was pricy.
    • One-Bedroom Villa with Partial Ocean View

High price for room, umbrellas and didn’t come with stay even though we paid resort fees. Parking was too far away and inconvenient for traveling with a baby.

Restaurant on site even if it was pricy.

Great stay in Myrtle Beach
    • One-Bedroom Villa Oceanfront

Most of the staff was awesome but a few needed customer service class. The pool side bar should be open at night.

Balcony for the ocean front room was amazing. Room was clean. Close to everything.

AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and Amusement Park View

WESTGATE OCEANFRONT RESORTS OWNS THREE PROPERTIES AND THE ROOM THEY PUT US IN WAS THE NON ADVERTISED ONE WHICH IS A TIMESHARE/MAIN TOWER BLDG. SO CALL BEFORE YOU BOOK!!! THIS GUY URINATED OFF THE BALCONY ABOVE US AS MY WIFE AND KIDS WERE TRYING TO SEE THE VIEW. I WAS PISSED!!! WE END UP GETTING THE CORRECT ROOM AT THE ADVERTISED HOTEL AFTER PAYING EXTRA AND TRYING TO REMAIN CALM.

I would stay somewhere else next year. Breakers was a much a better choice
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and Ocean View

The way we had to access to the beach from the resort. Since we were mit members we could not park in the lot next to the resort. Regardless of how many empty spots there were. The staff never mentioned the resorts restaurant. I know there is a restaurant but I have no idea where it was. Website says there is a breakfast buffet. You'll have to ask about it.

Made the best of it and had a great time with family, but totally not worth the price.
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Villa with Partial Ocean View

Its another of those time share traps where if you don't do a timeshare tour for a discount (I didn't), you pay high out of pocket costs for your room that isn't quite as nice as the "owner" units that are better places and possibly better upgraded. For instance our "partial ocean view" is on the side that faces OPPOSITE the friggin' ocean. The main view was of the concrete roof of the unfinished parking deck across from us. I guess if you crane your neck out over the balcony you might catch a glimpse of the ocean, yea, I guess that's considered partial. We stayed in the "new tower" which from what I gather, is much newer and better than the old building. But because it was apparently built later, all the main facilities and entrances are made to be in the old building. The main entrance for the new tower is a side door... You basically have to double park in a back alley to drop your luggage off for the new tower (we didn't even have any trolleys available and had to walk all the way back to the main building for one). Our room at first glance looked really nice, style wise. Nicely designed furnishings and modern kitchen, fridge, washer/dryer. Stay for about 15 min and everything starts to come apart at the seams. The jacuzzi tub that's in the master bedroom leaked water (isn't it nice that the tubs in the bedroom?). The sofa bed was worse than camping cot in the woods. The supposedly clean towels we found in the bathroom had hair all over it. Worse of all, we stayed on the 3rd floor of the new tower, possibly directly above the bar and grill stationed on the first floor. The entire air of the room smelled and felt like oil and grease.... literally I had trouble breathing after a while....

The beach was wonderful. Not too packed and still clean and full of shells. Very close to the hotel and included pool facilities were chill and a lot of fun for the family. Also nice to have a bar/coffee shop in the same building.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

The view was fantastic and the beach was very clean.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and Ocean View

Did not find anything really good to eat for dinner in walking distance to the hotel. Could have eaten at the hotel, but wasn't sure our budget would allow that. We did have a cockroach in our room in the morning, but I guess that should be expected in that area.

The view was fantastic and the beach was very clean. We did use the pool and the lazy river and they were great, too.

Every staff person we interacted with was great and very...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and Amusement Park View

The room was nothing like what is on the website. Our room was supposed to overlook the amusement park but instead it was completely overlooking the ac units. The decor of our room and our part of the hotel was very old and outdated.

Every staff person we interacted with was great and very pleasant. Check in and check out was very easy.

The beach was excellent but hotel is dated and not very clean. Very disappointed
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and Ocean View

The rooms was dated and the the bathroom tub was not clean, the walls in the room were dirty. Ate at Drafts pub and although the food was ok the service was terrible and it wasn't even busy. I would not recommend this place. It we go back we would find something closer to 21st street.

The Beach

Air quality is poor . Air conditioner in corner.
    • One-Bedroom Villa with Partial Ocean View

Air quality in room. Air conditioner was in corner .

The bed was very comfy ..we appreciate the staff. House Keeping was awesome. Resort staff kept us updated on activities daily.

My family and me were very happy to stay in this hotel.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and Ocean View

My family and me were very happy to stay in this hotel.The staff was great and the pools were clean and next year we are going to return to the same hotel.😁☺

Very comfortable beds oceanfront scenery was very beautiful
    • One-Bedroom Villa Oceanfront

Confusing on where your room (what building) they should have bigger ironing boards if you going to charge the price for the room at least have everything up to expectation

Very comfortable beds oceanfront scenery was very beautiful

Don't go it's not ok prison might be better
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and Amusement Park View

No ammentiies and they over charge for what I received from this property dogs on property they quoted me one price and and my card much much higher rate still waiting on refund

It was crowded and it sucked that you didnt have complimentary coffee
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and Amusement Park View

The elevator was a death trap. It gave you only seconds to get on. There were 2, If one opened and you were not standing in front of it, it would close before you could get in front of it.

The access to the beach

Clean, very friendly staff
    • One-Bedroom Villa with Partial Ocean View

The process of unloading and loading your luggage wasn’t the best no spaces for your car but over all I enjoyed the stay there wish the parking was better

Clean, very friendly staff

Location was great (just like any other hotels on the ocean...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and Amusement Park View

Building was hard to find we had to call the hotel for directions. It’s not like the pictures show, that huge water park that “pretend” to be theirs, is totally not. They only have 2 medium size pool, 1 kids sprinkler and 1 lazy river. Balconies had no privacy at all. They have 1 VIP parking which is right there in the hotel. And 2 other parking across the street for the non-VIP. Building looks like will need to be remodel soon.

Location was great (just like any other hotels on the ocean front), friendly staff, great working fridge, microwave, hair dryer and tv. Very clean linens, and bathroom. Very spacious rooms. They seem to take security seriously because at the entrance they had 2 check points, and at night time there was a security guard walking through all the parking lots.

Loved it
    • One-Bedroom Villa with Partial Ocean View

We left our room around noon for a few hours but nobody came in to clean it.

Great view of the amusement park & ocean from the balcony. Friendly staff & great location.

Very relaxing. Came home refreshed and well rested
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and Ocean View

It would have been better with a private patio between the pools and the beach. With tables and chairs and umbrella.

The staff was very friendly. The bed was so comfortable. Best sleep I had in a while.

Very bad Experience. My Kids were very upset with me
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and Ocean View

Staying in this property is like staying in a cheap motel. Rooms were not clean. Smelly.Staff was very unfriendly. It is definitely not a property for Family. If you are single you can visit. But It is not worth the price.

There is nothing I can say I liked in this property.

The pools.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and Ocean View

The pet policy, rooms/hallways smell like molds, fruit flies in our room, broken balcony screen door, elevator needs some updates, Tiki Bar close too early in the day, housekeeping was great but very slow when cleaning, hotel security pass to get into everything is not needed, rooms need a serious update, beach lounge chair rental.

The pools. The location.

Beach out in front splash pad for kids
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Villa with Partial Ocean View

Room was dirty hidden trash under table. Furniture and beds very uncomfortable. No ice machine. Vending machine on floor didn't work. Carpet coming apart in bedroom. Found previous person clothes next to dresser. Cleaning staff doesnt do a good job at detail.

Beach out in front splash pad for kids

Poor
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and Amusement Park View

Because the pictures of the building in the website are different about the proprerty went I did my reservation was ocean view went i got there was extra 100 dollars for ocean view to me that is stealing money to you guest really bad experience

Not never recommend it to anyone

You get what you pay for.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and Amusement Park View

My room balcony had a nice loud view of an air handler, couldn’t even enjoy sitting outside. The pictures of the view I saw looked actually nice what we got was different . The pool bar is right next to a kiddie pool so there was a lot of kids running around. The one manager tried to call us out for not having wrist bands but we were never given them and were unaware. We were treated like we didn’t belong and that’s not a nice feeling to have at a hotel. We were very respectful especially being only 22 and I expect to be treated like an adult. Last thing was we were offered the vip package at random but you have to be 28 to use it, kinda ridiculous since I paid the same amount as anyone else. Won’t be back here for sure.

Room was clean, staff was friendly for the most part and the location was good if you don’t mind a 20 minute walk to the sky wheel/ boardwalk. The pool bar is great and offers some good drinks that don’t break the bank.

The pillows were nice, beds comfy, loved the view from the...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and Ocean View

Since the property is "pet friendly" make it a little more so? Like a pool area for pet owners, since dogs were not allowed in any of the swim areas.

The pillows were nice, beds comfy, loved the view from the fifth floor.

Had extra pillows.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and Ocean View

Most of the property was built for the owners. Not a lot of amenities for the price of the hotel stay. Bathrooms were especially fine for 4 people. Only 2 accessible outlets in the entire room. Beach chairs were extremely expensive.

Had extra pillows. Concierge was helpful. Bartenders were awesome.

Beautiful beaches, great staff, easy check in and check out.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and Amusement Park View

The room was great except it strongly smelled like mildew and mold. It would be nice if breakfast was included whether you went to the 90 minute time share meeting or not.

I really liked the proximity to the beach. The staff was great! Pool area was clean and staff was often visible in the area.

Overall still amazing
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and Ocean View

I did not like having to park across the road from the motel because I was I guess not a homeowner

One of the cleanest places I’ve ever stayed in and outside and beach. Loved the area

Excellent vacation and will definitely return.
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Villa with Partial Ocean View

Mattress on sleeper not very comfortable

Food available was excellent and priced very reasonable. Room was very comfortable. Children activities exceeded expectations. My family will return. Staff so friendly.

Room was wonderful and very quiet.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and Ocean View

Waitress in executive dining was rude. It was 7pm and there were a few pieces of meat left. I asked if table would be replenished. She said “we closing soon”. A few other guests came on and were given same answer.

Room was wonderful and very quiet. Checking in was a breeze! Very pleasant staff willing to go over the top to make your stay wonderful.

Love how many pool areas there was.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and Ocean View

Wish you offered a complimentary breakfast for everyone. Wish parking was closer especially at night.

Love how many pool areas there was. Loved the tiki bar out side just wish it was open later and more.

Worst Vacation in a long time
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and Ocean View

The whole place was run down and looked nothing like the pictures! When we arrived the bathtub wouldn’t drain and it took them 2 days to fix it. I actually went to the local Costco to buy new pillows because there’s need to be retired 10 years ago. The bed looked comfortable however by the end of the second night I needed to book a massage. The carpet in the room was always damp! The outlets in the room only functioned 5% of the time. The tv froze and after attempting to fix it 2X we only got 1/2 the channels. They promptly kick you out of the pool at 10pm and at 11pm they kick you out of the extremely over chlorinated“spa”. The staff is not helpful or knowledgeable about anything. We ordered pizza one night and they asked us for the restaurant’s information (we live out of state). You have to pay a $9.99 resort fee daily for parking and WiFi. The restaurant that is attached to the resort open and closes whenever they want. There was tons of trash shoved in the gutter of the balcony. At night all the cockroaches come out and hang out by the pools. They have tons of security that pointlessly roam around. The parking structure looks like they haven’t finished demolishing it or building it. The business center consists of 2 computers shoved in a corner by the exit. The” resort” try’s to get you to invest in it during a 3 hour tour. Honestly the whole structure needs to be demolished and rebuilt, it looks nothing like the photos! It was literally the worst hotel I have ever stayed in! It’s embarrassing that we actually stayed there.

It was on the beach

The pool areas made us happy, Thanks
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and Amusement Park View

AC unit made weird noise every time it came on, smell in room, size of room too small-totally different than on photos, Extremely nasty Stains on curtains-did NOT want to touch it,,, lastly bathroom has not been kept up well-floor lining coming away from wall.

Location, friendly workers, pools almost made visit worthy of every PENNY spent.

I will NEVER stay at Westgate again for my trips to Myrtle Beach.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and Ocean View

All the photos I saw, made me think I was staying in the tall tower part of the hotel with a full kitchen... nope! We were put in a smaller building, cramped for 3 adults. The first room smelled so bad we thought we would be sick, the second room had some trash on the floor, a molded coffee filter in the coffee pot and some sand all over the balcony. Then I had so many texts from a “Lori” that kept asking if I needed anything, she would always direct me to someone else.. I finally had to ‘block’ her, it was irritating! And they don’t take military discounts!! Worst hotel experience ever, I will find a different hotel next year. (I go every year to MB)

I love everything about the beach.. hated everything about the hotel. No entertainment except a radio from the bar area. I did like the bar... the kids pool was nice, but I didn’t have kids so... the guy directing us where to park was nice, and helpful. ...

We had a great time and look forward to our next visit to Myrtle Beach .
    • Two-Bedroom Villa with Ocean View

The dish washer never worked the entire time. The toilet in the 2nd bathroom was not flushing the end of our stay. The room shades were not dark enough to sleep during the day.

Comfortable beds while the sleep sofa could have been more comfortable. Location of the beach to the villa was amazing. The food at Drafts Restaurant was superior and we appreciated the discount for owners! There were plenty of attractions near by and shopping as well:)

Location was great!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and Amusement Park View

Our room felt very humid/moist the entire stay. Even the carpet felt sort of damp. And it was very challenging to adjust the shower temperature. It was either burning hot or too cold, no in between.

Location was great! Very friendly staff. Room was adequate. Elevators are lightning fast!

This was an old old resort I’m used to more modern
    • One-Bedroom Villa with Partial Ocean View

Everything else! No WiFi when I entered I took one look at the sofa and was grossed out! Never sat on it. Very little to cook with limited not even a fryer pan, scalding water u could’ve control dripping and loose faucets. I could go on... we checked out three days early and headed back home 13 hours. Very dissatisfied

Location,staff

Great time thanks
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and Amusement Park View

I disconnect between the staff and checking in with booking.com

Had a great time on a well needed get away any time you need to fill rooms and offer a great discount let me know

after long drive there it was a disappointment
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and Ocean View

no electricity in half the room when we got there. found out that couple in next room had been given our room to begin with and had been moved before we got there because of that. room had to be rigged up to be able to operate lights and TV.

location to t shirt stores

It was amazing, would definitely stay here again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and Amusement Park View

The rooms were spacious, staff was super friendly and always happy to help with whatever we needed. Didn’t have a problem with anything. It was just overall a great place to be.

This place is a nightmare come true.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and Amusement Park View

Complete rip-off. Pets are welcome for sure....they charge 170.00 cleanup for them which is disclosed at check in, 20.00 per night, and a 100.00 deposit. They said an 11:00 checkout would be fine if I called the morning we were leaving, then when I called they said it could be extended to 12:00 for another 75.00. The pictures of the property online are bogus and are of the adjacent time-share condos.(which they try to sell you). Overall I would say to NEVER stay at this nightmare!

Great view of a large AC unit right below us.

The ocean view room was beautiful.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and Ocean View

They said this was a non smoking hotel. But both of out neighbors were smoking on there balcony. And the smoke was coming into our room.

The ocean view room was beautiful.

Will not recommend or stay their again.
    • Two-Bedroom Villa with Ocean View

Nothing was open on the resort. Pool bar closed. Indoor bar didn’t open until 1600. The cleaning staff came forty minutes before check out to start cleaning without knocking. 1. Too early, 2. No knock and 3. She came back exactly at 1000 to start cleaning despite we were almost ready to leave. We wanted to extend and do a late check out. 1200 was the latest at a rate of 74 dollars. Ridiculous! Who checks out at 1000? Second for a “resort” to not even offer you a later check out without paying is substandard. 1200 late check out?

The bed was comfortable

Room was nice.
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Villa with Partial Ocean View

I got to the hotel around 3:30 and check-in is 4. We were told to wait and they would call. Never called went down at 4:15 still not ready. Waited around till 5:30 and went to check on the room. It was done but know one called us. The lady at the counter saw me and handed me the room keys while talking to another customer. Didn’t call us to tell us the room was ready or inform us where our room was or any info about the hotel. I feel like we should get room cleaning everyday. Not have to call for fresh towel and trash pickup.

Room was nice.

The best for a family of four with two little ones!!!

We liked everything!

It was everything we could have asked for. The staff was amazingly attentive. Shout out to aaliyah! So sweet and helpful! Go westgate!!

nice but don't go anywhere close to spring break
    • One-Bedroom Villa Oceanfront

The parking is bad. There are 2 additional lots if you can't find a place near the building. One is over a block away. The building is somewhat annoying. If you're in a villa you have to walk the entire length of the building to get to your room.

The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Overall staff and hotel was excellent.
    • One-Bedroom Villa with Partial Ocean View

Only issue was noise reduction from adjoining rooms...door that connects each room doesn't leave much for noise reduction from other rooms' guests

Overall staff and hotel was excellent. Clean, fast and friendly service

Overall my stay was good.. I enjoyed myself and would stay again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and Ocean View

What could have been better was housekeeping for my room. I really felt like they half cleaned my room.

I enjoyed the atmosphere, everyone was very friendly. I really like how we were walking distance around different places.

The accommodations were nice, but....

Unfortunately, we experienced a series of inconveniences which individually are not big deals. However, when experienced over a two day stay it makes a less than favorable impression. What follows is a list of what we experienced: • Our room was an Ocean View Villa without the ocean view. Misleading marketing considers a sliver of a view of the ocean as Ocean View. The resort really should be transparent about this -we would’ve paid more for a true ocean view had we known what we were getting. • There were guests leaving garbage in the hallway, I’ve never seen that before. To the staff’s credit when I told a staff member they responded right away and it was removed. Based on the staff member’s initial reaction, seems to happen often and would appear guests need to have a set of hotel policies (akin to the non-smoking policy we were told about at check-in) • There was a pungent smell of curry in the hallway for the better part of our stay. It’s a situation I’ve never experienced. • The night of check-in the TV remote in our bedroom was not working. Ended up going through the other remotes for batteries for batteries that worked. Was really looking to zone out and the thought of calling the front desk late in the evening and waiting for fresh batteries was unappealing. • There was no room service for breakfast on New Years Day we were not advised at check in and if we had been we would have planned accordingly. And by plan accordingly, we would’ve planned to get up and out of our rooms earlier and eaten at the breakfast buffet. • In my brother-in-laws hotel room there was a roach in the bath tub. Can’t recall a hotel I’ve stayed at where that was an issue.

The staff was polite (with a sole exception) and the rooms were nice. The food at the hotel restaurant “Drafts” was spot on delicious. Since our stay was during the winter off-season, we made use of the game room and our kids enjoyed it for sure.

Excellent hotel, can't wait to go back
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Villa with Partial Ocean View

I would definitely recommend this hotel. Everyone were so polite and caring. My husband and I would def stay there again when we go back. We had a jacuzzi in the room, the kitchen was fully furnished, a washer and dryer

CRAP!!!! WILL NOT RECOMMENDED TO ANY ONE!!
    • One-Bedroom Villa with Partial Ocean View

I didn't like the fact that we were put in the building with a bunch of children and we were a couple without children!! Also having to go all the way to the parking garage to smoke!!! I understand no smoking in the rooms but on the balcony should be allowed!!! I know it's hard to get people to not put their cigarette butts on the grounds or throw them over the railings, but stress that they need to put them in an ashtrays!!! There should at least be a continental breakfast offered in each building for guest!! It's ridiculous what breakfast cost or any meal cost for that matter!!!

The beds where very comfortable but the pillows weren't!!! It was very close to the beach!!

Liked myrtle beach and the resort was good but would not book through booking.com again !!
    • One-Bedroom Villa Oceanfront

Description of the room on booking.com is inaccurate. on the website it says the room is 3300 sqft. In reality the room was 300 sqft. Also we were charged 139 dollars for oceanfront villa with the king bed but when we got there, we were given oceanfront queen bed villa (the price for that room is around 70 dollars per night). When asked about king bed, we were told that there are no king bed oceanfront villas. The sofabed was broken.

View was good. Staff was very friendly.

Did not tell about pet fee of 175$ until check in.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and Amusement Park View

Did not tell about pet fee of 175$ until check in. Felt like it was Sneaky and unprofessional from a Big place like this. I was not happy about it at all. Almost left and went somewhere elsewhere

The staff was very friendly - Alliyah the concierge;
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and Amusement Park View

Segregation of potential buyers from hotel guests. The breakfasts and drinks available only to prospects. Variance of services took some of the feel good feelings away.

The staff was very friendly - Alliyah the concierge; Kim the waitstaff in Drafts were over the top phenomenal. Beds and pillows were great. The proximity to the beach. The heated pools with towels. The wonderful Christmas decorations made it seem magical.

Smelly room and carpet!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and Amusement Park View

This hotel definitively needs a remodeling! It's smells it's old! It nreds a face lift big time. The Carpet smells. It's just nasty...

Close to the beach

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and Amusement Park View

We didn't dislike anything.

The staff went out of their way to help us with luggage to our room. Always there when you needed towels. Always welcoming us back home. And always smiling. We loved it. Thank you.

We will not stay s
    • One-Bedroom Villa with Partial Ocean View

Room needed updating. Bathroom had no water pressure Parking was 2 or 3 blocks away if the main lot was full. In the main lot a discontinued construction project was an issue. Housekeeping did not replace used items daily Pizza ordered from Resturant was not good. Cardboard crust

Restaurant/check in staff were great

Overall, I loved the stay with the exception of the items listed above.
    • One-Bedroom Villa with Partial Ocean View

There could have been more parking provided. A couple times we parked a block away in the secondary parking for the hotel. Also, I did write a statement about three house keeping men that worked there. I felt as if I was being undressed by their eyes. The hotel did provide me with half of the first night off & the restart fees.

I enjoyed the view, the beach style furniture, and the cost.

DON'T! Unless you pay about 60.00 a night total because it's not worth much more.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and Amusement Park View

It was run down and smelly. It looked like they had just slapped a fresh coat of paint on an old run down motel. When we got there we were hit up to watch a time share presentation, if I had wanted to do that I could have gotten my stay a TON cheaper when I booked my vacation online. Because we were not interested in the time share speech they asked us to park a block away because close parking was only reserved for those who did or "owners". The online site is EXTREMELY misleading. They show you pics of the "tower" which is this beautiful large new building with tons of great amenities. But when I arrived we were staying in the other part which was old and ran down. They did have a bar by the heated outdoor pool. The kiddie pool and the lazy river was nice as well as the regular pool. There was an abundant amount of fresh towels and also towels in the pool area. Other than that it was a smelly dump. I paid 112$ a night for my vacation and I have never wanted to get a refund so badly. Whatever you do, before you sign your credit card receipt for the rest of the rental to be charged ask to go up to your room and have a look.

The beds were comfortable and there were no bedbugs.

I will not be booking here again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and Amusement Park View

I checked in at 7:00 on Thursday, went to the beach and pool area. Got back to the room at 11 and found out that my entire floor did not have hot water. This was a very frustrating experience however they did compensate for the inconvenience. Although monetary compensation can not make up for myself and my family having to take cold showers while on vacation.

They have really nice pools and a kids water area. I have a 2 nd 3 year old so this was a nice feature.

Location was great
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and Amusement Park View

Not that clean. Torn carpet, bathroom needed maintenance, watch the sliding doors, can be dangerous. Husband broke 2 toes. There are signs on door. Wonderful staff

Location was great

The deluxe room is really nice

The wrong room was booked and I called the resort and asked what to book and apparently was told the wrong thing so we had to pay $200 more for the room we desired so it ended up being $900 for 3 nights and if it was booked prior it would not have been so expensive.

The deluxe room is really nice

You do not get what you pay for. Not worth the money!
    • One-Bedroom Villa with Partial Ocean View

We paid around 1500 bucks for less than a week in a one bedroom villa which slept up to 5 people with a pull out bed a table that turned into a bed but we were only allowed one parking pass and were told to find other parking off the property elsewhere for our other car. Our parital Ocean view was more of a view of the unfinished parking garage with rusted re bar sticking out and plywood nailed against to attempt to hide it so not a very pretty sight not to mention how dangerous it could have been if the loose plywood would have fallen. The staff were the most unhelpful hotel personnel I have ever encountered and would have rather stood around than help anyone check in when the line was backed up out the door. Not somewhere I would ever recommended because the price does not match what you get at all. I have stayed cheaper places with twice as good service.

The only positive thing about this hotel was the cleanliness and how spacious the room was.

In the middle of everything, but the small, worn rooms could use maintenance.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and Amusement Park View

The rooms are small and shopworn. They could use significant repair and makeovers. If you're not a timeshare owner you will be in the worst rooms. The cleanliness is barely tolerable. Sheets were not changed during our stay. There were smells everywhere ranging from bad (smoky or moldy) to ok (overwhelming smells of cleaning fluid and disinfectant.)

The location was good for the kids - on the beach and next to the amusement park - and the staff uniformly friendly.

It was just an okay stay
    • One-Bedroom Villa Oceanfront

No towels at poolside No restaurant on site Vagrants sleeping on benches Beach access was filthy No adult pool No one cleaned my room Awful parking Timeshare employees were unbearable Dog area grass wasn't manicured properly for dogs business

Call the hotel and make sure you are getting what you pay for!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and Amusement Park View

Was mislead and paid a lot of money for a single room.

I feel like I was mislead by the room I received. My booking said double room with 2 double beds....I only got 1 room with 2 queen beds. My 4 friends and I had to share 1 room and sleep together. The lady at check in said Booking.com is very mosleading and it's best to book through the hotel to get exactly what you want. So my weekend was a bit cramped.

Didn't spend a lot of time in the room and the bed was comfortable
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and Ocean View

Furniture update in living quarters

The room was too small. It felt cramped. Great balcony view of the ocean. Comfortable bed. Furniture a bit outdated

My family found activities to do outside of the hotel to avoid being in the room.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and Amusement Park View

The rooms are VERY dated for the price.The furniture only is nice. The paint and wall material is painted over and over mold and rust. I did not like that at all.

The convenience of the parking.

Sad

Fixtures, food, services.

The fixtures in room were of very bad quality. The suite appeared cluttered. There was a very long wait time for check in.Food options on site were limited. In short the resort was a major buzz killer.

Would not stay again!
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Villa with Partial Ocean View

They call themselves a 3 start hotel. I don't think so. We were put in a room that faced all of the Family Kingdom, which was so noisy we could not sit outside on the balcony. We could hear people next door, upstairs and down the hall. Terrible noise control.

They allowed dogs.

Nice stay but they need better, or at least happier staff
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Villa with Partial Ocean View

The drafts bar at the hotel didn't have the food I would expect from a resort and almost all the staff seemed angry or upset barely anybody smiling that worked there made me feel like they were upset I stayed at the resort in the first place.

The hot tub in the Villa's are real nice with the mirrors and lights

Poor room service pillows worst i have ever used in my life time and i am 72 years old

Clean up of room daily didn't get half way clean until mostly 4:00pm or later

To much about selling TIME SHARES not a relaxing Vacation this year wont stay there again

Great location. Needs some renovation.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and Ocean View

The rooms are in need of renovation. We were on the 5th floor. Nasty smell of drains near the laundrette. Patches of rust in our bathroom.

We had a seafront room with balcony. This hotel is in a great location right on the beach front.