Reviews of Westgate Painted Mountain Golf Resort 4 stars

6302 East McKellips Road, Mesa, AZ 85215, USA

#20 of 42 hotels in Mesa

4.7

• Studio Villa

The rooms were highly disappointing, no where near a "resort" status by any means. The tub in our room had a few weak spots in it which made it very unconfutable to shower. House keeping was very inconsistent with how they cleaned, everyday was something different. One day the blanket wasn't on the bed but over on the table, another day they didn't refill or leave a new roll of toilet paper. The last day we were there they left a big empty trash bag on the table. Also, there was dust under the bed and behind everything leading me to believe that hardly ever clean. The wall paper was peeling off in multiple spots in 3 different rooms. The parking was very limited outside of our room there was only 3 non handicapped spots and 2 handicapped spots for 6 rooms.

The staff at this location were very nice, honest, and helpful with every and any questions I had. The pool and hot tubs were clean and relaxing. The bed was the best hotel bed I have ever slept on.

• Studio Villa

Needed updating and repairs done to the room. It was a non-smoking room but there were tables right outside with ashtrays so unfortunately the room smelled like cigarettes.

The staff was very friendly

• One-Bedroom Suite with Sofa Bed

We were not thrilled with the location of our unit and asked to be moved. The front office staff was not very accommodating or friendly about our request.

The 1 bedroom unit we stayed in was spacious and comfortable. Location of the resort is excellent and the golf course is very nice with very friendly staff.

• Two-Bedroom Suite with Sofa Bed

I want to know what happened. Booking .com sent me a confirmation but when we arrived at the resort, they had no knowledge/record. It was only good fortune that we ended up with the accommodation I thought we booked in February. Can Booking.com reply to me?

The condo facilities were great and the beds comfortable. If there was any item we needed that was not in the room (e.g. spatula) the staff provided it quickly.

• Studio Villa

We had a room that had a connecting door to another room. There were other renters in the adjoining room and we could understand everything being said in their room. The doors are not insulated enough so sound comes through easily. We made sure we whispered everything in our room so as not to disturb the room next door. We had to knock on their door in the middle of the night to get them to quiet down!!

It made us sad as other reviews were fairly good. We had an upstairs room which was close to a major road and very loud. The room itself smelled horrible. The bathroom floor was sticky and had not been mopped. There was no hot water to fill the jet tub with. We were not even offered another room. So we ended up having to leave, the smell was that bad. I am on hold right now for the 3rd time with the company. No wait 4th time....5th time.... The manager is busy on the other line, probably with another upset guest. Did I mention the bathroom sinks were dirty?

I liked being on hold for almost 40 minutes trying to get a refund for my room. The staff said they should have sprayed air freshener for us to get rid of the nasty smell..... The phone did not work either in the room. Manager was to busy on the phone to answer my call after being hung up on by "accident" by front desk. Probably talking to another We had an upstairs room which was close to a major road and very loud. The room itself smelled horrible. The bathroom floor was sticky and had not been mopped. There was no hot water to fill the jet tub with. We were not even offered another room.

• Studio Villa

We could not check in at 4pm and were told the room wasn‘t ready yet. We came back at 5pm and nothing. So finally at 7.30pm we could get to our room. That was bad after a long trip arriving from Europe. The room we got was very load. You could hear the traffic all night long. We were on the second floor and no elevator.

The location was close to where we had to go

• Studio Villa

That they don’t clean the rooms The price was too high for what we got We couldn’t use the pool because there was always too many people

Close to my mom

• One-Bedroom Suite with Sofa Bed

Kitchen sink needed a good Clorox scrub, pretty dirty floors under and behind couches (when we pulled out sofa bed)

Easy parking, comfortable bed, nice furniture

• Studio Villa

I notice the appearance of Upgraded finishes, however, the room comes across as cheap when guests have to pay extra for Wi-fi. Their is no Cable Box ($$$) for guests to see a complete Menu when watching TV.. Yes the stations are Printed on Paper, however, most of the world left the paper TV guide years ago. Don't cheap out the experience...kinda nickle and dime the customer... comes across as just a plain Hotel . Just outside the bedroom window were 4 - 6 Large Air Conditioning Compressors... very noisy.. not a room that should be rented.

I got a room very close to the parking space. That was very helpful. The room was clean however had a lingering chemical smell that I had to leave door open for awhile.

• Studio Villa

No clean towels until last night of 4 night stay. 8 police at my room pounding in the door at 1:30am 1st night. Security sent them to wrong room

Pool

• One-Bedroom Suite with Sofa Bed

The wifi is chargeable. In todays times wifi is free everywhere and should not be chargeable.

The facilities are good and the location of property is good.

• Studio Villa

When checking in it took awhile because the lady working the desk kept getting phone calls and answering them instead of having them hold, although she was friendly.

I liked all the amenities.

• Studio Villa

Parking was Horrible. We had to park on the other side of the resort and walk all the way back to our room... Also there was some trash down between the bed and the night stand that hadn't been removed from the cleaning crew from the visitors before us

We loved the room, everything we needed and very comfortable! We only stayed one night but the room could make it easy for a long term stay! Not to mention it's just cute! You don't get that typical hotel room feel

• Studio Villa

Bathtub was dirty. Traffic and the people upstairs kept us awake. Fruit flies in the room and when we booked the room they said we would be next to the pool.

• Studio Villa

I had reserved a room for 2 adults and 1 child you think that would come with 2 beds. We ended up in a room with only 1 bed, it ended up being only my son and I but if my wife would have joined us we wouldn't all have fit.

Staff was very friendly. Golf course was nice, and the restaurant was nice.

• One-Bedroom Suite with Sofa Bed

Room was dirty. Old beer caps on the floor. Tile on the floors falling apart. Floor dirty. Our room was as far away from the pol nd games as you could get

• Studio Villa

No comfortable chair in room. Table rocked and was unsteady. No reading lamps in room near bed. Key cards very difficult to use. Twice had to call over staff passing by and ask for help. While checking out staff took phone call and took quite some time with them while we waited.

The bed was great, a bit too high for a handicapped person. The bathroom was large and clean, but again jacuzzi tub not really great for older, handicapped person.

• Studio Villa

I stayed in a studio. It was nice, but tight. The only issues were that I could hear everything from the unit next door, and there was no hairdryer.

The grounds. They were lovely and well kept. The bed and pillows were really comfortable. The staff was helpful and friendly and others staying there were friendly. It was like a home rather than a hotel.

• Studio Villa

Bed was absolutely amazing along with the in room bubble hot tub can't be beat. Also the real silverware and plates to use is amazing as well. Good for late night eating with the use of microwave and fridge. A real thrill to visit when I need to go out that way for business once every 3 months. This was also an amazing stay in the middle of the winter at 80f and a low of 60f. I was able to go swimming at night with no problem in this huge nearly 20 yard pool looking up at the full moon.

• Studio Villa

The only problem was that the first night our room was not cleaned. We had to call for clean towels etc. The noise from next door connected room was louder then most hotels. I could hear clearly the entire conversation next door. Did not like that.

Plenty of parking spots. Very wide parking spaces makes it very nice. Comfortable beds, good air/fan system. Encountered various staff while on property and all were very friendly.

• One-Bedroom Suite with Sofa Bed

We paid a lot of money for the weekend to have a Jacuzzi room and the jacuzzi never worked. Could have paid half the price and gone to a resort down the road

Outdoors amenities

• One-Bedroom Suite with Sofa Bed

There was a lot of spider webs on the windows, the vent in the bathroom didn’t work along with some light fixtures, the rooms smells so bad I had a headache for the entire stay, the dishes in Kitchenette were quite dirty and oily, I had to give them a second wash before using them. The couches were worn heavily, the phones and all furniture were extremely dated. The customer services lady, Dawn, was extremely rude to us when we were a little late to check out. She had demanded we leave the premises. After being harassed by her several calls later, I told her I am waiting for my clothing in the wash and she threatens me with a late check out fee of $25. I was happy to pay and happy to know there was a late check out and I wish she had asked me nicely if I will need a late check out for fonabsmall fee of $25 rather the. Be harassed and have unknown men sent to spy on us and told to vacate the premises so rudely. I will never stay here again, it just is not worth that rudeness or the filth. One other thing we didn’t like was a bar located nearby. We had drinks arguing and fighting in the parking lot in front of our hotel room and our truck, we couldn’t call front desk because the room phones would not work. It was quite scary and very very ugly to see a half dressed man fighting a lady and another man. The drunk was being dragged across the road a foot at a time, since he kept fighting and resisting, we were parked for a long time waiting for them to clear the road. We had the kids get back in the truck and left to the office to report this. We couldn’t go straight, we had to back up and find a place to turn around.

• Studio Villa

The walls in the room are paper thin and I could hear every word the people were saying and couldn’t sleep because of it. I was woke up early because of conversations in the next room. The front of the spa tub in the bathroom was coming off and there were dead bugs in the bathtub. I will NEVER stay there agaIn!!!! Not worth the money.

The landscape looked nice outside.

• One-Bedroom Suite with Sofa Bed

We booked here because my back had been bothering me and the jetted tub sold it for me. Unfortunately the tub did not work during our entire stay. So the whole reason I justified paying to stay at a resort was broken.

The grounds were beautiful and there was lots for us to do.

• Studio Villa

The downside was the various outdoor hot tubs were to close to the room making noise at night a bit bothersome. The worse noise of all was the villa I was staying at had very,VERY thin walls and this did become a real distraction later in the evening.

I liked the accommodations very much especially the various activities available throughout the grounds. Shuffle board, ping pong, basketball court, and huge outdoor swimming pool a good 20 yards for a nice night time swim. The restaurant was very nice with a good view of the golf course as well.

• One-Bedroom Suite with Sofa Bed

Bathroom had not been cleaned. Dirt and hair on floor. Sink had wiskers and soap scum. Tub had hair all over in it. Disgusting!

Space was good. Location was good for us.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

• Studio Villa

The property was great I wish they had more reservation deals

I was beautiful. The rooms were very comfy and convenient. There was plenty of privacy and personal space

• Reviewed: 1 April 2017

• Studio Villa

Just the bathroom. It wasn't on point.

We really enjoyed everything about our stay at the resort other than the bathroom. Sorry. The grounds, restaurant and spa was awesome!

• One-Bedroom Suite with Sofa Bed

We had the room two nights in a row: the first, for ease of my bridesmaids and I getting ready for my wedding in; the second night for my new husband and I to share on our first night together as husband and wife. My mom asked the staff to clean it after the first night we stayed so it would be extra special for my husband and I to come back to after the wedding. The staff said they were short-handed and that they would try to come clean it, but never ended up doing so. My mom and her friends ended up cleaning it for us instead. Needless to say, they weren't very happy with the staff about that.

The room was very spacious, looked nice for pictures, and had amenities needed to accommodate a decent-sized group of women (my bridesmaids) and I for getting ready for my wedding. It was in fairly close proximity to the wedding venue, which was why we wanted it. The guy at the check-in counter when we first arrived was very friendly and helpful. The bed was also very spacious and comfortable, which was definitely a plus!

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

• Two-Bedroom Suite with Sofa Bed

1) Housekeeping was sub-par. They did not make the bed in one of the rooms during our stay, wood floors were dirty actually stained socks if you walked in your stockings. 2) Bath towels, shampoo, paper towels, etc. were never replenished. 3) Internet was very limited, one device at a time or for an extra cost you could add more.

1) Excellent facility, kitchen appliances were stainless steel, TV's in every room. 2) Young man at front desk was very helpful

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

• Studio Villa

I checked in on a Monday, yet for some reason or another, the check in process was extremely slow. I got in early (noon) and their check in is at 4:00pm, which is late in my opinion. I came back at 6:30PM and the place was backed up, from what I counted there was at least 5 different groups still waiting for a room. Unacceptable. The food at the restaurant on site is mediocre.

Nice clean room.

• One-Bedroom Suite with Sofa Bed

My second time here and enjoyed it very much again. The grounds are beautiful. Like the room with the kitchen. My aunt enjoyed the tub for her aches and pains. Over all everything was enjoyable.

• Studio Villa

The room was very noisy. You could hear people walking about you on the second floor, and you could easily hear the people that are in the room next-door.

• One-Bedroom Suite with Sofa Bed

very poor TV picture, weak microwave, bathroom sink clogged, long wait on hot water. Failed to answer pre-check in requests(per Booking.com) and after personally asking at front desk at check-in.

clean and furniture in good shape. Fan in bathroom was nice (exhaust).

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

• One-Bedroom Suite with Sofa Bed

The way we were treated because of our race. Fromt desk lady would not attend to us. Because we were speaking Spanish. I also speak english and i am a native Arizonan. The remote didnt work in the room and was never replaced. We requested an extra pillow and blanket. I was told we should have enough. Very rude

The front desk staff were very rude. Very discriminating

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

• One-Bedroom Suite with Sofa Bed

Housekeeping staff missed our room 2 days in a row ... left a note on our door @ 1:00 PM to say that their day was over ... when do they start for heavens sake? When making the bed they don't smooth the bottom sheet ... just pulled the bedspread over it. Bathtub, sinks and faucets never wiped down. When we told the front desk, we were advised that the "type of room we booked rec'd only minimal housekeeping"! I certainly didn't see that in any of the info we rec'd. Finally, the walls are very thin. The first night we were there, the people next door were up until 5:10 AM ... at least that's the last time I checked the clock. They were extremely loud, laughing, etc. I'm all for having a good time, but that was getting ridiculous! Night #2 wasn't much better. Quite frankly, I think there needs to be something posted to the effect that after 11:00 PM noise should be kept to a minimum out of courtesy for the rest of the guests!

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

• One-Bedroom Suite with Sofa Bed

Could hear everything in room beside like they were in room with us So we were awoken at 6 am and 7 am. The check-in area needs a clean up-looks very unprofessional cluttered and untidy. Pillows on beds too small.

We were right off the pool so was very handy. Kitchen convenient and bedroom was huge.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

• Studio Villa

The sound insulation in the rooms were Terrible. We could Hear every word spoken in the rooms next to us especially the TV and we could not sleep as the neighbors had their TV on till late.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

• Studio Villa

The walls are very thin. The people next door were extremely loud. I'm used to having free access to Internet everywhere I stay and was not happy that it cost $10 per day

The room itself was nice very comfortable

• One-Bedroom Suite with Sofa Bed

I would of like to have more dish ware. There was only one dish in the kitchen.

Staff was great, room was clean and comfortable. Pool, patio, playground were excellent. My family and I had a great time in AZ and our suite made the trip so much better. I have a 3 yr old and having a playground made it so much better.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

• Two-Bedroom Suite with Sofa Bed

Pool could be maintained a lititle better. Some of the cement/tiles cracked.

Spacious rooms, comfy beds. Staff were super friendly, and accommodating.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite with Sofa Bed

What a wonderful full stay! The king bed was just dreamy. The leather couch & loveseat were very comfortable also. Plenty of room to have your own space. Sharing a bathroom was a little tricky, but definately not a deal breaker. Thank you so much!

• Reviewed: 30 June 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite with Sofa Bed

It was in Phoenix and the beautiful pool in the picture that sells the place was off limits. No pool use no hut tub access. Plus $10 to go online.

Nice room, the bed was comfortable and the staff was friendly. Great location for Salt River Tubing.

• Reviewed: 21 June 2016

• Two-Bedroom Suite with Sofa Bed

Had to complain about 3 of the grill areas not working. However,they were repaired in an afternoon. Observed a few maintenance items that needed repair throughout the facility

Room was adequate and convenient

Stayed in May 2016

Parking is not great.

The price and property is great

Free wi fi

The room was spacious... It felt like a small apartment . Very comfortable.

• Studio Villa

The room could have been cleaner. My tub was dirty and I did not have clean, fresh towels hanging in the bathroom.

• One-Bedroom Suite with Sofa Bed

Front desk person was not friendly at all.

The street trafic

Very clean

Noisy neighbors

Our first night we had a road side room which was noisy but the next day they got us a golf course side room which was lovely

• Studio Villa

The location was wonderful. The golf course fun to play on.

• Studio Villa

the weather was not warm

• Studio Villa

Floors needed to be cleaned

• Studio Villa

Nothing The room was filthy and the parking was not available near the room. It was not clean overall and I would never stay there again.

Everything!!!!

• One-Bedroom Suite with Sofa Bed

Everything about it was top notch.

• Studio Villa

my room was next the noisy street.

location, easy traffic, OUTSIDE PATIO.

• Studio Villa

No airport shuttle, having to buy wi fi is so out of date, no water in shower low pressure.

great bed very comfortable.

• One-Bedroom Suite with Sofa Bed

Kept my family close to everyday activities during our time of distress due to fire and having to move.

• Studio Villa

The comfort of the staff and maintenance crew, top notch individuals.

Can’t think of anything

Really enjoyed our stay. Great restaurant / lounge next door. If you like golf, nice course.

• One-Bedroom Suite with Sofa Bed

I was disappointed that they weren’t more upscale for the cost. Pretty basic.

• One-Bedroom Suite with Sofa Bed

Nice, very comfortable, easy to find.

• One-Bedroom Suite with Sofa Bed

Bed was really comfortable. One bedroom suite was excellent

• Studio Villa

The bed was super comfortable. Easy to find area. Clean. Secure. Plenty of parking.

• One-Bedroom Suite with Sofa Bed

Extremly nice rooms great value

Clean

• Studio Villa

How disgustingly dirty it was

Checking in staff

Front deck Room size

Pool

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

• Studio Villa

Bathroom was filthy, way over priced

Staff were great very friendly

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

• Studio Villa

Carpeted rooms; TV remote pause/rewind capacity

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

• Studio Villa

Walls too thin. Got an x rated evening with with drunken neighbors as entertainment. Person above us sounded like a heard of elephants.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite with Sofa Bed

The bed was a little too firm but it was nice

Everything! Room is perfect!

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

• Studio Villa

Noise from connecting room and air conditioning units.

The rooms were well stocked and comfortable.