Reviews of The Westin Atlanta Airport 4 stars

4736 Best Road, Atlanta, GA 30337 , USA

#147 of 250 hotels in Atlanta

I liked that it was clean, easy to get around.

I don’t like the fact parking is so high even after you pay such high prices for the room already. Seems greedy. The staff was wonderful. Everyone from check in to valet. The valet guys are wonderful, laid back, professional and friendly. These guys probably don’t get enough thank you’s. So here is one from them. You guys rock!!!! They were very helpful and polite and even let loose and laughed with is. Thanks for that!!! So thank to the young ex military valet guy and the air brush artist guy. Y’all were great!!!

I liked that it was clean, easy to get around.

Need better housekeeping service, room wasn’t ready for us.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

My reservation was missing and all went bad from there. Room was good but it wasn’t setup for us, so no enough towels or pillows neither minibar ready, remote control didn’t work. But the worst was the bathroom as they forgot to put the plastic liner for the shower, so water everywhere after we took the morning shower ( I couldn’t wait as it was in the early morning that we noticed this). I guess nobody really checked if the room was ready for guests when they assigned it to us. Very disappointed as is a good hotel and very high rated.

Nice facilities.

Bad stay

It advertise that it had an indoor pool and a jaccizz but it wasn't working and That's why I spent my money there.I cancel my reservation with booking.com to come to the West in by the airport and I could see out of my window was TREES....I WAS VERY DISAPPOINTED IN MY STAY THERE.I WOULD FOR THE HOTEL TO CALL ME ON THS DISSATISFIED NIGHT!!!!

Bed

Bad

Upon check in the man at the desk said we had no reservation there after showing him the confirmation and pin number. He then said booking.com didn't release our deposit? We paid no deposit.after 30 minutes I showed him the date and time we were reserved . He told my boyfriend no one with his last name was registered but a Tim Baxter. I booked the hotel and put Trevor C. Baxter. I again said his entire name were suddenly he said oh it was put in by booking.com as c. Baxter? Again he said there was no Baxter except a Tim registered. He was horrible. He gave us 2 days free parking but once we checked in at like 10pm the room had no air. We were burning up all night. Finally Sat. I called and they sent the engineer who complained about the hotel being cheap. And he refused to do the work required to fix the air. He said it was too much work.And he wasn't taking anything apart. I told him That morning taking a shower the pipes made a loud noise then the water cut off and I had no water pressure. Took 10 minutes to get enough water to rinse off.. He said he'd get us a new room. And he did. My boyfriend was teaching his clinic so I was alone during this time getting a new room and I had to move all our stuff alone. The front desk no one apologized for the bad experience. Or offered to send a cart to help me move luggage and bags.Up a floor to the 10th floor. It was by far a bad experience.. The white shower curtain in the new room had tan paint spilled across the top and the bathroom floor tile was broken and chipped and I cut my foot getting out of the shower.

It was the worst experience that I have had. I was expecting so much more and was totally let down.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I was not impressed at all. This was a sleepover for my baby birthday and it was horrible.

At the time of booking my reservation. I included breakfast and when I went down to get it I was told it was $25 per person.

My stay overall was not so satisfying
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I didn’t like the fact that the property lacked security. My 13 year old daughter was approached and sexually assaulted by a non guest member. Security was no where to be found we looked for them for about 15-20 minutes. Than the head security person didn’t want to participate with the officers that came to deal with the matter at hand. Management was not notified about the incident I had to bring it to their attention the next morning . Also there were too many kids unattended

What I did like is the fact that we were 5 minutes away from my daughters prom.

An airport hotel that is more than convenient it is relaxing
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Leaving the hotel, I wish I could have stayed another week. But work calls.

Marie at the front desk is amazing. From the moment she answered the phone until we left. She was very knowledgeable about the facility, the surrounding area and even helped when my mom misplaced her bag.

Great place but walls are really thin...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The walls were paper thin. If someone laughs, you can hear them. It makes it hard to have a good time.

The staff was very pleasant. They were super helpful. The facility was extremely clean and I absolutely loved the valley staff.

room key kept sticking

Staff were the ones that made this hotel really special - especially Judge the shuttle driver, and the guy in the restaurant who gave me a complimentary tea because I had had such a terrible trip and looked so tired and sick. Thank you, everyone who made the overnight stay so pleasant!

Not bad.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Parking was 20 dollars a day. Our room was very hot and musty and our thermostat didn't do much to help that. Our shower knob was broken and VERY hard to adjust. Either ice cold or steaming hot.

Staff was super friendly, and the place was clean. It was super close to the convention center and easy to get to. The amenities were great.

Very nice hotel but for price did not live up to expectations
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The room was no bigger or different from the lower prices King room so it felt like money wasted. The bathroom was really tight. We couldn't get the temperature to a comfortable setting....it was either too hot or too cold.

The bed was super comfy and the staff was very nice.

It was ok cost was to much for this hotel.
    • Junior Suite - Non-Smoking

Paying for parking on site. This Westin is not up to the standards I’m used to when staying with Westin. It’s out dated, our safe was broken. We were told we would be getting a new one. We didn’t. The price we paid was too much for the condition of the hotel.

The staff was great especially shanita and JR the valets It’s dog friendly

Busy place with lots of stranded or in-transit airline...

Busy place with lots of stranded or in-transit airline patrons, as you might expect at a big airport hotel. Restaurant was non-descript and not very inviting but food was adequate. Shuttle service was excellent.

I was extremely disappointed in this hotel.

I was extremely disappointed in this hotel. I rarely take the time to review hotels poorly because things happen and I get that. But from the beginning, this experience was unacceptable. First, they gave us a room key, and as we go to open the door, another couple is standing there in the doorway startled and horrified. Although a bit awkward, we thought, we'd just go get it squared away. When we go down to the front desk, the person seemed unphased when we told him and never apologized. He seemed almost accusatory, confusing us with someone else. He then disappeared in the back and when he returned he made no eye contact while handing me a new card and said, "Try this." (!?!?) Then we get to the room, excited to go take a dip in the hot tub as this was the main reason we picked this location. We go down and the water is filthy, with a layer of oil and who knows what on top. Then they had only one hand towel available to dry off with that we had to share. Lastly, and probably the most frustrating as it caused us to miss our flight was with the valet. We valeted our car because we thought it would be faster the next morning with our early flight. We used the text messaging service to call the car 20 minutes early so we could be ready and the car defrosted. We go downstairs - no car, no valet person. We bounce back and forth between the valet stand and the front desk trying to figure out where he is. This took another 20 minutes. Finally, we hear him on the radio, relaxed and taking his time. We tell the front desk woman, who was the only helpful person there, that we will just get it ourselves because we are going to miss our flight. My partner runs down to the area where the cars are - she shows him where it is - and he gets in the car, rushing to the gate. The valet person meets him at the key faab, giving him an ATTITUDE about taking our car out. He slowly takes his time, walking over to open the gate, knowing that we can't do it.

Nothing up to either the price or Westin standards.

The room 483, an oddly shaped wedged room was cold and couldn’t be brought above 70 in spite of noisy heater on all time. The breakfast area in the lobby was at 65F according to readings on Honeywell thermostat and staff was freezing and apologetic which is of little help. I know there was a cold snap but hey, this is the US and they should be able to heat a place like a Westin adequately. Simply nothing was up to usual Westin standard : eggs were both cold and over cooked and smoked salmon dried out on the fringe must have been leftovers from de day before. Pool was closed and gym smelly. Never again!

The traditionally comfy Westin bed and linens.

Solid place to stay if you need to catch an early flight out of ATL.

Pretty expensive for a basic airport hotel ($146). This hotel also brands itself as super healthy - but I ordered a greek yogurt with granola, and got a cup of peach yoplait (just regular yogurt) with a bowl of granola on the side. Major rip-off.

Very smooth stay. Quick check-in/check-out, easy shuttle access, free coffee in the morning!

Great Hotel & Location- Sassy Front Desk Lead Agent

Checking in was a disaster, the lead agent was unwilling to listen and even argued with the front desk mgr on duty, she routed my cards incorrect and would not listen, as I am very familiar with the process

Location, rooms, lobby bar & bar staff

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast buffet was fair. Requested an omelette that was poorly prepared. However, the wait staff was very courteous. Also, I've stayed at this location previously and did the "park and fly" which I confirmed as we checked in/out. When we arrived back from our trip and retrieved our car we were charged $190 for parking which should have been $-0- (as in the past). When I questioned this charge the front desk was very ill informed and rude.

We had a nice stay! Could have been a little better but it was still nice.

There wasn’t many cable channels to choose from everything cost so we brought our Netflix and the drinks at the hotel are too much money. The vending machine soda was $2.50

We used the jacuzzi this time around and it was relaxing.

The airport bus goes every 15 minuets.

I had to change rooms because they forgot to put a TV remote in my room. Also phone by the bed didn’t work and no robe in closet.

The airport bus goes every 15 minuets. The bed is wonderful.

The scenery was beautiful.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The scenery was beautiful. The rooms was in excellent condition. The staff at the front desk was also awesome. My overall stay at the Westin was very comfortable and relaxing after coming from a football game in Atlanta. I would most definitely be back.

The stay was very relaxing and convenient and worth every penny. Will be staying again.

They only have cold items on room service menu after midnight.

The staff is very helpful and friendly. Its very relaxing and quiet. Room service is 24 hours and delivered in a timely manner.

Overall I was pleased.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I did notice some dust in the vent adjacent to the shower head. It was just a weird location for a vent. I thought the pool was open a bit later than what I expected.

I just love the architecture of the hotel , the floor length mirror and the lit vanity mirror were beautiful and a major plus.

First room , bathroom as dirty and room smelled of Clorox ,...

Liked room service

First room , bathroom as dirty and room smelled of Clorox , second room the drawers on chest would not stay shut and were in walking path, room did not get serviced the first night, jacuzzi was FILTHY

Below the average for being a Westin

Useless staff. I asked for a printet copy of my bill and they gave me another one (ehm...what about privacy????), asked for a taxi and after 5 minutes waiting (it was 6.00 am there was no one at the reception desk) I decided to call a Uber.... Definitely I have seen much better Westin, both for the service and for the hotel itself (it is not one of the most modern)

Comfortable hotel not too far from the airport (unfortunately the shuttle bus leaves from the domestic terminal which means you will have to take another shuttle to get there.....I lost 45 mintues).

A noisy, dirty dissapointment.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

There was a motorcycle gang staying over that weekend. They were outside loitering and blasting their music and tailpipes all night long. Management didn't care enough to do anything about it. Those people were drunk running up and down the halls. There was USED q-tips in 3rd the hallway for over 8 hours. Dirty food containers in the hallways. The carpets were dingy and the ambivanve was dated. I should have put my friend up at my $58 a night quality inn instead of the $300 plus I paid there. It was nasty, noisy, and embarrassing.

Proximity to airport.

Will not be staying again

Was there for a wedding that weekend and stayed from fri-sat. My room wasn't cleaned at all and my do not disturb sign was not on the door. Female staff member that checked me in was not very friendly at 230 in the a.m when I arrived she seemed to have an attitude

Location was ok.

Do not stay here if you are allergic to cigarette smoke.

At 10:30pm my room was filled with cigarette smoke odor. I called to the front desk and was told that if I wanted, I could change rooms. They could have someone walk the hallways, but they didn't think that would do any good. I ended up changing rooms at 11pm. It was a late night. We had checked in early and had planned to leave by 6am. We didn't sleep that much and left late. I asked for the room to be covered and was told they could not. Not an enjoyable stay - I will not be back.

It was alright. It will be hard for me to stay there again

The pool and hot tub were filthy. The floors throughout the hotel were unpleasantly dirty. My sheets in the room were not clean

The room service was nice and cleaning ladies were nice

Worth every penny.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I didnt like we had to pay 16$ per day for parking. Thats new for me., I've never stayed at s hotel that you had to pay to park onsite.

Everyone was excellent, friendly, helpful, a real plus was they have a shuttle that will drop you off and pick you up at restaurants. The room was spacious , clean and the bed was comfy. Another plus was the indoor pool since it rained while we were there. I'd definitely recommend and wld stay again.

Don't stay or eat at this hotel!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The air conditioner in our hotel room did not work or it was not cool enough. We called an technician and he advised the unit only worked on "auto". There was yelling and screaming in the hallway at 2:30 in the morning- very scary experience. We ate dinner in the hotel- the service was extremely slow, the food was nasty and the bar did not have clean martini glasses. Too many employees standing around, garbage cans over flowing with trash, loud music and a facility that needs updating.

The shuttle service to the airport was the only highlight.

The room was dirty and had a old musty damp smell. Crumbs all over the floor. Bed sheets half made and extra wrinkled. Stains all over the chairs. Pool and Jacuzzi area needs to be repaired and updated. The ceiling and floor covered in rust stains. The Jacuzzi was cracked all around the inside rims. It had some form of green rust or mold coming out of it.Highly disappointed. Will not be returning.

An average airport hotel

Carry 2 suitcases (each 15Kg) and a hand bag from the parking lot to the lobby was exhausting. Breakfast was disappointing. Variety and quality of the food was substandard and overpriced, service was a joke.

Front desk staff was very friendly and courteous. Rooms were clean and comfortable Dinner and drinks at the bar were very good, service good and prices reasonable

fine for 1 person.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

property could use an update , rooms small , bed uncomfortable, pool / hottub area not kept up. no free coffee. paid parking with nowhere to park- lot full all the time. air conditioning never really got cold.

room was in good condition.

Hotel with No Noise Ordinance?!?!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Worst Hotel stay ever!! I'm all for having a good time but Party with DJ music until 2:30 am. REALLY?!? Even mentioning to the desk clerk during check in, we had early flights the next morning. No mention of party that was going to take place or suggest another room further away ... which probably wouldn't have helped. It was that loud. Party ended at 2:30 am and had to be at airport by 5:00 am. Bar staff are not the friendliest. Friends and I took drinks and food and ate in the lounge area because of it.

They had a shuttle to the airport

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

4.5
    The breakfast the breakfast
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It was a fire in the room I was in so I got smoke inhalation and everything and no one said they were sorry or give me a free night I actually had to pay for a night and I didn't even get to go to sleep the on the Fire

The breakfast the breakfast

BEWARE Bed Bugs!
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I stayed at this hotel overnight to attend a business meeting. Woke up with some large welts on my back, clearly got bitten by something in the night. As the day progressed the itching got worse. By the time i got home i had 3 large welts and a rash that felt like a combination of the worst itch and sting. My husband instantly said i bet they are bed bugs. Googled it and the bites look identical. Almost a week later and they are still killing, actually headed to a doctor today. I was on the 6th floor.

The staff when i checked in were super quick and courteous!

nice restaurant, comfortable bed and pillows.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bathroom were in really need of maintenance. toilet paper holder broken and bath with lots of broken areas.

nice restaurant, comfortable bed and pillows. good hotel.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was a lot of confusion at checking thenmornig staff didn't communicate with the evening staff about my arrival . My authorization form was apparently misplaced after I received an email that they received it . Ended up paying cash when I planned on my room being paid for

Unable to sleep

The location of the room was above a large unit evapco on the roof that was so loud that we were unable to get sleep at night. We would not return to this hotel for this reason.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

Relaxation and comfort at its finest

As a first time guest, the staff was courteous and prompt. The room was emaculate. The bed was very comfortable, the pillows were fluffy. We definitely had a good night of rest and will be coming back.

• Reviewed: 24 November 2016

A great place to enjoy some time.

I felt embarrassed because I had no knowledge that there would be a 75.00 a day deposit for incidentals. I didn't have the extra but already paid for my non refundable room up front. So I had to negotiate on the spot in front of other guests. This was not a pleasant experience for me. I feel all booking agents should make this known to consumers so they can be prepared financially.

Didn't eat breakfast, hotel food is always over priced. The water and other incidental incredibly over priced.

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

The Westin Atlanta Airport is Wonderful!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Maybe more attention could have been given to cleaning the bathtub, but other than that no complaints.

The location, the staff, customer service and the food were simply amazing. The ease of checking in and out was awesome!!!

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

One night stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

King bed a little saggy in the middle. Ordered a new york strip dinner at about 11:50 (cut off was midnight) with fries and mac and cheese. Meal was amazing! Very friendly staff. $16 per day parking, didn't know about that until after I booked.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

Beautiful Hotel! Better take the shuttle!

The hotel was beautiful however a little confusing to locate. I recommend the shuttle.

The actual hotel is lovely. The price was more then I expected. The staff was pleasant and helpful.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

Good for short stay near ATL

Total lack of plugs near the bed. I had to reach all the way under the middle of the bed to find a power strip to plug my computer into, which I then plugged my phone into. Otherwise my phone would have been somewhere underneath the bed while charging. Restaurant food was subpar, but service was excellent.

Service was top-notch and the hotel was spacious and a nice place to work, both in the room and lobby. Comfy bed and nice room too.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

Extremly Poor and extremly Great Staff
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

the staff at the restaurant were extremely rude, we had travelled for hours and had missed our flight and very hungry, when approaching the restaurant which we was told was open till 11pm was told that in a rude way and like we was not wanted there that the restaurant if go only and we would not be able to side down and eat. however they did not suggest that the same menu can be used at the bar which was literally next to the restaurant. she had no concept of service and only was trying to fob us off. that one staff member has impacted the whole business.

great location and comfort, the staff at the bar area were fantastic and extremely welcoming.

The room comfortable.
    • Junior Suite - Non-Smoking

The room comfortable. The bed was comfortable

It was ok, I think the room was over priced

I didn’t like that parking was a surprise. I feel that it should be included with the rate

Enjoyable
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

A/C in my room did not get as cold as I would have liked even after setting temp to low.

Nice hotel atmosphere and very friendly staff.

Great place to stay

The lady in the coffee shop

Watching planes take off

Great Stay!

Great comfortable bed. Room was very quiet which was surprising being so close to airport.

Left message for upper management to call me to this date no one has!!!
    • Double Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Hair in tub

Beautiful hotel

Very clean and friendly staff

It was very clean and the staff was very nice

The beds aren't comfortable time to update them

It was very clean and the staff was very nice

Location close to airport

No microwave in room. Bathroom was really small. Food was pricey. You have to pay 25 a day for parking.

Location close to airport

The lobby.
    • Double Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The room a little odor but was so bad that I wanted to change rooms.

The lobby.

When I got there the price went up

When I got there the price went up

I used this as a place to stay before I left for the airport.

I used this as a place to stay before I left for the airport. And everything was great. The bathrooms was very nice looking.

The hot tub was out of order.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hot tub was out of order.

The bed was amazing.

The bed was amazing. Room service was great too.

6.0
    Jacuzzi and cleanliness
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Jacuzzi and cleanliness

Location and staff
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Parking was expensive and inadequate

Location and staff

Parking fee

The room was awesome

Had to Pay to park

Had to Pay to park

It was peaceful.

Paying to park.

The bed was very comfortable.

Didn’t eat

The view

Didn’t eat

It’s was ok
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The coffee maker and tv was not working in my original room

The pool and bar

The fact that I had to leave my room to use the microwave wasn't good at all.

Breakfast could have been free the price we paid.

For the rate I expected a little more then just a regular room.

Met expectations

Friendly staff

Location close to job

Staff didn’t care and cleanliness

Location close to job

Shrimp n grits

Very nice place, wish we could come back and use the pool when its open.

The pool and hottub were closed and that was the 1 thing we sought for when deciding on a hotel for the night

The bed was comfortable

Just ok....felt a little sketchy

Room cleanliness and aged old bed clothes

Staff friendliness