Reviews of Westin Book Cadillac 4 stars

6.2

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

Very unsatisfactory
    • Traditional Double Bed Room

Could not find my reservation for an additional night. Could not find some of the reservations for the wedding party guests or the suite for my son’s wedding. Room could not be cleaned because of the strike. Charged me an additional unauthorized amount which I have yet to get an answer about.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Very nice !
    • Deluxe king bed room

Add egg whites to breakfast options.

Space in bedroom and bathroom. Complimentary breakfast and evening for Platinum members. Very nice and courteous staff. Union Workers were protesting but really didn’t impact our stay. Kudos to remaining staff.

I will be spending my money somewhere else next time I visit Detroit!
    • Traditional King Bed Room

The concierge desk never answered when I called from my room. The phone would just ring so I had to call from an outside line just to get through to them. Also when I checked into my room I immediately found a box of opened condoms and a pack of cigarettes on the floor and the room was dusty. After contacting the front desk the only thing they would do was come up and retrieve the stuff that was left.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Very nice hotel. Kinda expensive, but super comfy
    • Premium King Bed Room

I was surprised that with the price of the room, we had to pay a separate fee for internet and breakfast.

The location of the hotel was very convenient. The whole hotel, smelled amazing very clean and the comfort was amazing

Great location for our downtown event
    • Premium Double Room

The cost. I really find it hard to spend this type of money on any hotel room. It really takes the hotel off the market for most middle income families

The location is perfect for any downtown Detroit activity. The rooms are large and bright. Very comfortable beds

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Meh. It did not impress me for $387.00 per night.
    • Deluxe king bed room

The room was dirty. Their was no laundry bag, and amenities were minimal. There were few towels and what were there were thin.

The Michael Simon restaurant was excellent.

Comfortable
    • Deluxe king bed room

24Grille- the food was good the service was very poor Thursday evening July 5, 2018. Grant it we had a large group and they kept adding on but prior to their arrival it was difficult to get ice water and drinks took forever 3 ordered at the same time 2 arrived and one was not received for approx 20 minutes. It did not appear to be very crowded so I was a bit confused as to the issue.

Was here for a wedding many people were booked at this hotel and as far as I know there were no complaints. The beds were cozy the staff friendly and helpful. Great location.

The clock in myroom was off by anhour.

The clock in myroom was off by anhour.I didn't realize it when I went to sleep. I thought it was 8 AM in the morning....it was 9....I was running an hour late

The valet staff were very friendly.
    • Deluxe Double Bed Room

Paying for WiFi is absolutely ridiculous. It made me so mad that I will probably spend my $300 a night somewhere else on my next overnight in the city.

The valet staff were very friendly.

For the most part, we enjoyed our visit.
    • Traditional King Bed Room

Received a charge on my bill, at checkout, which was explained to me as part of my restaurant charge. After returning home, I studied the folio and determined that I had paid a restaurant charge directly to the restaurant. I raised the issue with management because it appeared that someone charged my room during a time I was not present in the hotel. This charge still has not been resolved.

The staff was friendly and courteous. I watched the deterioration of the building over the years and appreciate the investment in the city and revival of a historic hotel.

When I'm downtown this is my hotel.
    • Premium King Bed Room

Valet service was confused and often waited to get into hotel. Leaving was fine and fast.

Beautiful hotel, staff were friendly and helpful. Bed was great, slept well.

Great updates to a classic Detroit hotel.
    • Traditional King Bed Room

A very late party down the hall occasionally intruded in sleep.

Roast the restaurant is very nice. Delicious food, good service. The upgraded rooms are sleek and understated modern and new. Very appealing. Great bed and lovely linens.

The room was quiet.
    • Traditional King Bed Room

The room was quiet. The bed was perfectly soft. Couldn’t have asked for a better experience. Staff left us an anniversary dessert, which was very nice.

Excellent dining at Roast, large, lovely room but overall pricey weekend stay.
    • Premium King Bed Room

The bathtub was small for the scale of the room. A nice soaker tub for this price point room would have been better. There was an empty fridge, but a stocked minibar option would have been ideal.

The room was spacious and clean. The bed was comfortable and the flatscreen was massive. This room had enough space for 4.

EXCELLENT staff.
    • Deluxe Double Bed Room

Room had a large red stain on the floor and what appeared to be a cigarette stain. Other than that room, was clean and comfortable.

EXCELLENT staff. Very friendly and professional.

I was disappointed for the most part. No free parking, lots of extra charges. Not worth the money.
    • Traditional King Bed Room

No free WiFi. With the cost of the room, I would have expected not to be nickeled and dimed on “extras” most hotels have as complimentary. No free parking. Really?????

Bedding and pillows were very comfortable

The staff were wonderful, from the valets to reception, to...
    • Traditional King Bed Room

Update those showers (very small and old given the available bathroom space), and we’d really be cooking with gas! Valet parking is pricey given the competition (for example, it’s included in $10.35 daily hotel fee at nearby Greektown Casino Hotel).

The staff were wonderful, from the valets to reception, to the Roast bartenders, to managers. Everyone was great.

Unfriendly Receptionist
    • Traditional King Bed Room

The registration staff was terrible made me feel uncomfortable from the moment I checked in. Would not help me solve my problem even though I had called an hour prior explaining my problem and said they would take care of it!

It was great!
    • Deluxe Double Bed Room

I didn’t like having to pay for valet, after paying for my stay. It seems it should have been a courtesy.

I liked the spa services and all the employees was courteous.

Staff and cleanliness.
    • Deluxe Double Bed Room

The prices of the hotel food are a little pricey so make sure you bring some food with you or be prepared to pay a pretty penny

Staff and cleanliness.....really everything. Beautiful hotel and very friendly and patient staff

We originally booked for 3 nights and changed the...
    • Deluxe king bed room

We originally booked for 3 nights and changed the reservation to 2 nights two weeks before the arrival date. Still they charged for three nights and even not bothered to mention that to us. The manager told us Booking.com never notified them for the reservation change. I don't know who to believe because I have the confirmation email from booking.com.

The bed was incredibly soft and inviting.
    • Premium King Bed Room

The bed was incredibly soft and inviting. The room was spacious and quiet. There was a lot of space in the room. The staff at the hotel was amazing. The valets were awesome. They were super fast when retrieving vehicles and there was a warm space to wait for the vehicle delivery.

I love that a Detroit gem has had a great makeover and it's a shinier gem now.
    • Traditional King Bed Room

The elevators were a little slow but the stay overshadowed that we really didn't mind waiting and enjoying the view out of the windows on the sixteenth floor. I would recommend for any of my friends to stay here.

We had a ball and will hopefully be coming back soon, the staff was outstanding and the hotel itself was fabulous. I did enjoy the location, it is close to everything in downtown Detroit especially within walking distance.

Super convenient location, friendly staff, and extremely...
    • Traditional Double Bed Room

It is a minimal/trivial detail, however, I would expect the wifi to be free, it wasn't, I mean for the type of hotel / price point, this was a surprise.

Super convenient location, friendly staff, and extremely confortable room. Overall, perfect stay for a weekend downtown.

Beautiful hotel but expected more
    • Traditional Double Bed Room

Disappointed that the room wasn't cleaned until 4:30-5pm. By then I was out of work and had to wait to get back into my room. Valet service was very slow. Was booked a handicapped room although I did not ask for one so the shower handle was detachable and would not stand upright. No fan in bathroom. Minor inconveniences, but for being known as a luxury hotel I was expecting it to be a little better.

Very nice staff and room service, clean, modern style, great bar in the hotel, professional clientele. Nice pool, Jacuzzi, and workout room.

Room was very spacious, clean, and beautiful.
    • Traditional King Bed Room

Nothing to complain about at all!

Room was very spacious, clean, and beautiful. We were talking that this was the best hotel we have ever stayed at. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Will definitely stay there again the next time we come in for a night game

Amazingly wonderful!
    • Traditional King Bed Room

Everything from check in to check out was perfect. Our room was perfect. The bed was so amazingly comfortable. The staff were all so pleasant and went out of their way for us. Thank you. We’ll be back

A beautiful building, but the room itself left room for improvement
    • Deluxe Double Bed Room

Dust piled up under furniture in the room. Everything was a paid addition to the accommodation fee - parking, wifi, etc. Coffee in the room was undrinkable. Pool was over chlorinated.

Prime downtown location. Incredible architecture and interiors. Good fitness centre. Friendly, helpful staff.

Staff/management treated other guests better than me.

Staff/management

Staff/management treated other guests better than me. I believe they made assumptions about me based on my disheveled appearance from having spent the day driving.

Excellent service in a classy spot very convenient for exploring downtown on foot or by bike
    • Deluxe king bed room

I wanted to check out the ballroom but there was a wedding being organized :( Seems like a popular spot. I have no real complaints, everything was great.

The staff was extremely helpful for recommendations. We were in town for a wedding and wanted to spend our Sunday before our flight exploring the city by bike (MoGo, it was awesome). The staff had great advice and told us exactly where to go. We did as they suggested and had a great time biking around Detroit.

Great location, very quiet with a pleasant view.
    • Traditional King Bed Room

Prefer onsite parking but there was a lot directly across the street.

Great location, very quiet with a pleasant view. Just a few minutes walk to Comerica Park.

It was too loud. We won't stay again.
    • Deluxe king bed room

We had a terrible night of sleep because the walls are so thin. People in the hallways were not unusually loud, but we could hear everything. Doors closing, people talking at normal voice levels, and an employee on a walkie talkie interrupted our sleep. This was our first night away since our eight month was born and we slept worse here than we do at home. We wanted to love it, but we were so disappointed.

Modern design, friendly staff, great location, clean

Comfortable bed.
    • Deluxe king bed room

Room service only or restaurants with differing menus from physical to website made breakfast a little confusing.

Comfortable bed. Clean linens. Great places for dinner and lunch around.

Good place to stay.
    • Traditional King Bed Room

The pool was closed. Fortunately, we didn't visit Detroit to swim in your pool. We were notified of this inconvenience in advance but nothing was offered in lieu of this distraction. The valet parking was great but a bit costly. Sketchy location but bad.

The facility was clean. We were beside the housekeeping room so there was always some noise in the hall. It's close to Comerica Park.

charged twice for the rooms?
    • Traditional King Bed Room

I booked and paid for both rooms prior to arriving (roughly 1-1.5 months ago) My friend was charged for the second room even though it was pre paid? What's up with that?

If you paid to stay here you can pay to eat
    • Premium Double Room

No free breakfast.

I liked that the elevator would only go up if you had a room key.also didn't get robbed at this place like I did last time I stayed in Detroit. (Next door)

fair
    • Traditional Double Bed Room

The food was not at all impressive. Noise from the renovations was somewhat disruptive.

The restaurants, Roast and 24Grille were both major disappointments.

Staff was very nice and accommodating!
    • Deluxe king bed room

There was no lotion in the hotel bathroom - I feel like that's a normal staple that all hotels put in your room and was the only thing I didn't bring to get ready, our room smelled like stale cigarettes when we first got in it, and the lighting was terrible to get ready both in the bathroom and the actual room.

Staff was very nice and accommodating!! Bedding was comfortable Room Service during the day was GREAT. Late night - horrible

Stayed here to take clients to the Tiger's game, will come back!
    • Premium King Bed Room

Miscommunication about the valet parking, but figured it out.

Staff was very accommodating and professional. Roast was excellent and Anika was a fantastic host!

The place to stay in Detroit!
    • Deluxe king bed room

My only complaint is that I was unaware of the $35 per day parking fee to park my Vehicle. It was never discussed, not on booking.com or in any of my emails. I did pay no problem as this hotel exceeded my expectations but it would have been nicer to know that I would then have to pay $70 extra to park my car for less than 24 hours.

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The room was specious, well put together and clean.

It was okay
    • Deluxe Double Bed Room

We prepaid cash for a room and we didn't get to check into he room until 11pm at night. They did end up comping the room , but it was very frustrating

The hotel was beautiful. Location was great

The book is the best hotel in downtown Detroit!
    • Traditional King Bed Room

Valeting my car was the only issue I experienced. Dropping off to the valet was easy but picking up was awful. There was an issue with my valet ticket which caused an hour delay to get my car back. Nothing was offer to me to offset my poor experience. Not a great way to end such a nice stay.

The book is the best hotel in downtown Detroit! The bed is like a cloud, the decor is beautiful and the views are amazing.

Great location but a little diappointing
    • Traditional King Bed Room

We upgraded to axcess the executive lounge. The room was littered with breakfast food and dishes at the 6 o'clock hors d'oeuvres time. The chairs were stained from food and the floor had food all around. The curtains were literally hanging half hooked and half not. The food was ok if we could have overlooked the hair in my boyfriends shrimp. A message left at the front desk was never acknowledged. The next morning wasn't much better in terms of cleanliness although there was a girl slowly cleaning the tables. Very disappointing

Horrible experience!
    • Deluxe king bed room

First of all I paid a lot of money to stay there and I walked into my room and it was dirty! Dirty wet towels laying around, wrappers and someone's dry leaning tags laying around. Also the soaps were used. Not a happy camper

Ok. Wish our room was ready on time.
    • Traditional King Bed Room

Our check in was at 3pm and we asked for a early check in as we were going to a wedding. They did not accoodate our early check in of 2 pm and our room wasn't even ready at 3 pm. We had to wait for 45 min and I missed the ceremony of the wedding.

The bed was comfortable

Detroit's Fabulous Book Cadillac Hotel
    • Deluxe king bed room

There was constant problems getting the electronic keys to work several times I was stranded outside my room after trying keys up to 10 times. Twice I had to get keys reprogrammed or get assistance from front desk to access my room and I was on the 19th floor. Being locked out was very inconvenient.

The services and continental breakfast, spa, pool and exercise area.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

Excellent service, location, and amenities
    • Traditional King Bed Room

The decor was wonderful in the rooms and the staff was amazing! I got in a little earlier than normal check-in; however, they allowed me to get a room early.

Great hotel, hot tub out of service :(
    • Traditional King Bed Room

We were pretty upset the hot tub was out of service as this was the main reason we booked this specific hotel. Understandable these things happen but a warning would have been nice.

Amazing staff and wonderful facility. The room was beautiful. Perfect location. Loved the restaurant and bar.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

What I thought was a nicer room on your web site ended up...
    • Club King Bed Room

What I thought was a nicer room on your web site ended up being normal king room that didn't look like your pics online . Arrived at room was Very diapointed called front desk to ask about the room thinking it was a mistake :( they handle it but I had to pay more to upgrade and they felt bad and gave us a 3:00 late checkout so I really didn't save any money going Thur your site .

Heavenly Bed not as heavenly as they used to be.
    • Deluxe king bed room

The heavenly bed wasn't like they used to be. Great linens, but the mattress was Hard!!! No feather bed on mattress.

Very attentive staff! Beautiful decor everywhere.

Great Staff , beautiful Hotel that was very clean and well...
    • Deluxe king bed room

Roast Restaurant, prices are ridiculous in terms of the portions they give you for the price. Will never go again or recommend to anyone. Overrated is an understatement!!

Great Staff , beautiful Hotel that was very clean and well kept.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Very nice hotel - great downtown Detroit location
    • Traditional King Bed Room

Somebody else's trash was in our wastebasket and the clock was not working.

All staff members were kind and helpful, especially the bellboy. nice tv

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

Has not been maintained
    • Deluxe king bed room

Dirty. Pillows really beat up and no pillow liners. Overall room was run down, lamp shades damaged, stains on furniture, etc. bathroom was not nearly adequately lit. Thermostat was completely wrong. When you would turn on heart or air it would not cool or hear to desired temp. Only way to cool room was to turn fan 'ON', then it would get colder but not to desired temperature, just to whatever temperature it would get to. Room could have also been more quiet. Pool was green.

The room was very comfortable and quiet.
    • Premium King Bed Room

No free WiFi. No signage directing one to the lobby on the second floor. Valet is chaotic compared to other hotel drop-offs.

The room was very comfortable and quiet. The bathroom was impressive.

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

The lady at check in was amazing, staff was very friendly...
    • Deluxe Double Bed Room

The restaurant staff was slow, I paid more than I usually do at a hotel but it was my husbands 65th birthday so I splurged,

The lady at check in was amazing, staff was very friendly,the room was beautiful ,cozy ,comfy and the view from the 21st floor was nice.

I'd stay somewhere else if I were you
    • Traditional King Bed Room

The beds were rocks. Literal rocks. I have stayed in a lot of hotels and that bed was actually miserable. The staff was frustrating to say the least. Detroit is an original 6 hockey city, but this hotel does not carry the NHL network? Really? That makes ZERO sense to me. Plus they don't tell you when you book, but you must be 21 to stay here. Luckily I was staying with someone who was 21. It was just frustrating to say the least.

I liked that I was put on the starwood preferred floor and that the location of the hotel was very nice.

Inviting
    • Traditional King Bed Room

The breakfast food was horrible, meat not done and hashbrowns overcooked. The car valet car pick up was not coordinated with the front desk for check out, took about an hour to get our car. My suggestions: get walkie talkies or some form of communication devices so valet can communicate with the front desk and put a bench down at the valet area so people can sjt down when waiting gor their car. Make sure your restaurants make their breakfast food ateable.

The room was spacious and the 24 grille food was excellent. The staff was friendly and everything was very clean.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

The hotel was beautiful.
    • Traditional King Bed Room

There was nothing to not like.

The hotel was beautiful. The room and bathroom were large. We made reservations at Roast, our show ran over by 40 minutes and they were still able to get us a table for dinner. The hotel was only a 7-10 minute walk to the Joe Louis Arena and you could walk in the Cobo Center for most of it to stay warm. Overall, the hotel was beautiful, the location was exactly what we wanted, and if you don't want to wait for valet to get your car, we parked in a little lot directly across from the hotel for the same amount as valet only without the wait.

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

These folks ran way beyond the mark to make us happy!
    • Deluxe king bed room

If you could have warmed the weather up a little that would have helped!

We were stunned at the beautiful reception and fantastic service. So many great staff members and not a sulky one among them.... ( applause please!) We were celebrating our 40th anniversary. We were given Champagne in our wonderful king room with a view of the city. Chocolates and fruit and even bottles of water with our names written on them and all the staff signed. The pool was open that night and we enjoyed swimming and visiting with other very happy guests at the pool.. Celebration and generosity continued the next morning with complimentary breakfast that was exquisite! Professional, kind, open, patient and grateful for our business. We are going to make a habit of this... anniversary or not!

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

Nice!
    • Deluxe Double Bed Room

Check in was ridiculous. Stood in line for 2 hrs when i had a check in time for 3pm. Hotel did give me some concessions but that line was crazy.

Nice place to stay.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

Beautiful hotel: friendly staff, clean, great location
    • Traditional King Bed Room

There were no negatives that would prevent me from staying again.

The staff was very friendly and efficient. We loved that they had valet, which made searching for parking a non-issue. The hotel bar was great. Bartender had an excellent selection of cocktails and there were a couple TVs to watch games. The rooms themselves were very clean, spacious, and beautifully updated. Both of the restaurant/bars on the main floor were good, especially Roast. Although the lobby area was lively during the day/evening, the room area was nice and quiet. Overall, a great place to stay: friendly staff, clean rooms, great location in downtown Detroit.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

3 Hour Wait in Line to Check In
    • Traditional Double Bed Room

We had a three hour wait in line to check in before the Lions game. Once we checked in, our room was not ready and we received no discount on the room for it not being available for the entire reservation time frame. The staff was slow and very unaccommodating. Completely unacceptable.

Always have liked a Westin Hotel.
    • Deluxe Double Bed Room

We waited a little long to get assigned a room. And in the evening the lounge closed on us, and we could not find a place to eat after the football game?

Always have liked a Westin Hotel.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

Nice place, good beds, but absolutely no or horrible service
    • Traditional King Bed Room

Service at the lobby bar, when we wanted to check out at 4am NOBODY was at the reception, anyone could have access to the guests stored bags, confidential papers including guest information in the office and on the desk. Charged me even twice for the valet parking because nobody was at the reception to fix it, I had to go into email conversations with the hotel. The email address they sens the folio from is invalid, so I had to do research on my own to get the right email address.

Furniture, Beds

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

Convenient location, great workout facilities, extremely...
    • Traditional King Bed Room

The view from our room looked at the other side of the building so we couldn't enjoy the skyline

Convenient location, great workout facilities, extremely friendly staff

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

Good location easy to find and very clean
    • Traditional King Bed Room

Easy to find, prime location close to Ford Field, Comerica Park, Greektown. Very clean, the Lions and Philadelphia Flyers stayed in the building so that was neathe.

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

Hands down best quality Hotel in downtown Detroit
    • Premium King Bed Room

From the moment you arrive, you're taken care of in every way. Multiple choices for dining and drinking. Full spa 24-hour room service beautiful architecture two blocks from Campus Martius Park Casino Joe Louis Arena Greektown Windsor Tunnel Hart Plaza and every historic gem the city has to offer. Very family friendly, safe and 100% full strive. If you want something from the store, the staff will leave, pick it up for you and deliver it right to your room.

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

The hotel is beautiful, and the rooms were clean and...
    • Deluxe Double Bed Room

The billing/payment process was a nightmare, and the front desk couldn't answer my questions about how much they were charging me or what they were charging me for, which really affected the enjoyment of my stay.

The hotel is beautiful, and the rooms were clean and comfortable. Very central location, and it was easy to get to everywhere we wanted to go.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Great service, very comfortable
    • Traditional King Bed Room

The breakfast card didn't include my room number and I didn't write it, leading to my order getting lost. They brought a new breakfast for free when I called though so I still got one

Room was quiet, very nice. Gift shop was well stocked with things you may forget, view from upper floors is awesome. Check in was simple. Self parking was available

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Great hotel but bad booking experience!
    • Traditional King Bed Room

I will never use booking.com again. You are in the business of taking bookings and you could not get my reservation to the hotel. This was very disappointing. I had to wait 30 mins in the lobby to check in after a long drive to get to the hotel.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Love downtown Detroit
    • Traditional King Bed Room

Booked room 3 months in advanced, asked for early check-in. Arrived at 430p, room was not available.

The bedding and linens are superb. Bathroom very clean. Walking distance to Ford Field, Comerica Park, Fox Theater and other attractions.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

You were on strike

You were on strike

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

The roo. Was NOT worth the money i paid. And nothing was done about the hair i found
    • Premium King Bed Room

I found someone elses hair in the bed and onnthe towels innthe bathroom.

Room look very nice

• Traditional King Bed Room

Very clean and comfortable!! Great location!! We will definitely be staying here again.