Reviews of Westin Boston Waterfront 4 stars

425 Summer Street, Waterfront, Boston, MA 02210, USA

#46 of 81 hotels in Boston

Good typical 4 stars hotel
    • Traditional King Room

Internet not included in the price but paid separately (15$/day)

Very comfy bed, clean and spacius room, flat TV bigger than most/usual hotel TVs.

We would stay again, but $52 plus taxes US for the buffet of eggs, toast, coffee is overpriced.
    • Traditional King Room

The buffet breakfast was overpriced and could be improved...or a discount for hotel guests.

The bed was comfortable and the room very clean. The location is excellent and a short walk to the waterfront. We very much enjoyed our stay and Boston!!

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Disappointing to the point of spoiling a much anticipated weekend spending precious time with my fam
    • Traditional King Room

Over 35 minutes to check & being downgraded to a double room at no reduction in cost. We had documentation to say that we'd booked a king room from Booking.com- reservation made in April 2018. The hotel had sold all king size rooms due to Labour day weekend & said that had no obligation to honour 3rd party reservations. Spoiled this special weekend with my family - the king size bed was the minimum requirement for my 6' 5" son-in-law. If hotels feel they 'have no obligation to honour 3rd party reservation requirements ' then what's the point of using Booking.com!!!

Comfortable room, very good hotel for mini break.
    • Traditional Double Room

A little bit more attention to detail from maid service would have been good - left a dirty cup one day and did not replace toilet roll another day. Whilst the hotel is lovely, the name is a bit misleading - it is at least 2 or 3 streets away from the Waterfront...

Beds were really comfortable and the room was spacious. Porters, concierge and restaurant staff very friendly. Good view of the airport runway (if you enjoy watching planes!). Good location if you like being outside of the city centre - only about 15-20 minutes walk to Downtown. Air conditioning and fridge much appreciated!

Impressive reception area.
    • Parlor Room

Room decor was tired. Parlour room with only a door between next room - v noisy neighbours with tv on all night and family domestics!

Impressive reception area.

The view.
    • Traditional King Room

The pillow top mattress bed was to soft and uncomfortable regarding cleanliness, dirty wash cloth from previous guest on the bathroom floor when we arrived and still under shelving unit when we checked out

The view. The size of the room

Low cost airline
    • Traditional Double Room

The hotel is like a low cost airline. It looks like a five star,but don't let that fool u,I paid 5star prices and I was told no free WiFi. Then there was one small bottle of free water for two persons in the room. Five star prices and no free breakfast. Staff were slow while check in , not attentive and did not give proper information as to what they will block on your credit card. Thank God the beds were free. Stayed in 5stars all over the world but this one is the worst.

Beds were comfortable

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

It was nice and welcoming. I loved the comfort and the views
    • Traditional King Room

Overpriced and overpriced parking. At that price parking should be free not an additional $50

The bed was heavenly and loved the shower. It’s a nice place but seemed more for business than leisure.

My friend and I secured this room for a concert at Fenway.
    • King Room - Disability Access

Room service fees didnt quite add up... I think there was a fee, and then a tax on the fee as well.

My friend and I secured this room for a concert at Fenway... very convenient, casually strolled to the park. Had the ability to Uber or take the train back after!

Loved the foyer design and MJ O’Connors Irish style pub adjoining for their their food and drinks
    • King Room with City View - Disability Access

One let down was a charge for WiFi in the hotel rooms, there was a charge per day which was disappointing for a hotel of this status, with a teenager in the group this was a major issue, otherwise could not fault the facilities(something to think about)

Hotel was a modern hotel as you would expect from Westin Hotels with modern facilities such as pool and gym

The bed was extremely comfortable and fluffly.

They should supply 2 bathrobes, as our room only had one and most people stay with husband/wife/partner.

The bed was extremely comfortable and fluffly. Love that the tv was very large

We were allowed to check-in early but the room was not...
    • Traditional King Room

We were allowed to check-in early but the room was not prepared (missing all toiletries), toilet paper holder was broken (hanging off wall), furniture had dust (it clearly had not been cleaned recently). Arriving to the hotel unprepared after a long day of traveling did not leave us with a good impression. We have stayed at the Westin before, however, this time the hotel did not meet our expectations.

Will stay here again for sure!
    • Traditional Double Room

A little stressful checking in, but maybe that is because I had four rooms under the reservation . I also might have gotten a new employee who seemed to still be learning.

The staff went above and beyond to make our family celebration special.

We liked being in walking distance from the Boston Harbor...
    • Traditional King Room

We liked being in walking distance from the Boston Harbor Walk. It made for a nice stroll after breakfast. The accommodations were comfortable, clean and housed a Starbucks along with dining for meals. 👍🏻 no complaints

Great hotel at a very reasonable price!!
    • Traditional King Room

This is our second stay at this property! Both the property and the room were very clean and welcoming! We ate our meals at both O'Connors and the Sauciety restaurants. Awesome food and excellent service. We will definitely stay there again!

Conference hotel
    • Traditional Double Room

It’s a business hotel not great for holiday stay due to location. It’s not a great base for sightseeing it’s a little away from all the hustle and bustle of the city. Downtown or back bay would be better.

Attended a conference and this hotel is perfect for that. Great business hotel, functional.

It was close to Boston Harbor
    • Traditional King Room

No view from the room. No bath robe or slippers. Very cheap amenities, only one soap, one shampoo, one conditioner and one body cream. No cotton buds or shower cap. Fridge extremely noisy and very empty. Very basic king room. Basic decor. Nothing to do with Westin Copley Place. No luxury feel to the property.

It was close to Boston Harbor

Would stay again in a second!
    • Traditional King Room

We were not aware we had free self parking. Upon check in we were told yet had already done valet.

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Beds were amazing. Our view was top notch!!!

Blissful
    • Traditional King Room

The mini fridge didn't cool the drinks I purchased very well.

The bed and bedding were amazing. I never heard my neighbors. It was incredibly relaxing.

Great location for conferences.
    • King Room with City View - Disability Access

The only problem was that I booked a room for three grown ups with a view, but it turned out that the room with a view only had one bed. So they changed it to a room with two beds, but that did not have a view. So I had paid extra for a view that I did not get, but still the price stayed the same. But everything else was great.

The food was very good (although more expensive than printed material I had seen in the hotel). The gym was also great. The location is good.

More cons than pros. Would not stay again.
    • Traditional Double Room

Would be nice to have complimentary wifi and breakfast. Other smaller hotels have those perks. Stains on bedsheets. No shuttle to or from airport. Would likely not to come back.

Beds were nice and comfy. Location was good. Close to downtown that you can walk.

The hotel is very clean and modern.
    • Traditional King Room

The only issue we had with the hotel was that the wifi was not free. Unless you were a rewards member, the hotel charged $13 a day. I think charging for wifi in 2018 is not in the best interest of the hotel in terms of customer satisfaction.

The hotel is very clean and modern. There are great amenities within - pool, exercise room, Starbucks, etc.

5.5
    You rented me a room with a queen sized bed when I clearly...
    • King Room with City View - Disability Access

The lack of clear information to make the right choice. Also, this hotel is quite far from the city.

You rented me a room with a queen sized bed when I clearly indicated 3 people- my wife, myself, and my 17 year old son. Maybe I didn't read the fine print, but 3 people in a queen?

Beautiful motel helpful staff
    • Traditional King Room

While I realize you are an upscale facility and have your own restaurants and places to get drinks, ,etc., I would have appreciated having an ice bucket available and vending machines.

Except for breakfast i do not have any complaints.
    • Traditional King Room

Breakfast was tasteless, hard, toast was burnt. Only good thing was the orange juice.

Except for breakfast i do not have any complaints. Very clean, comfortable and friendly .

Property was nice and staff were helpful and very friendly.
    • Corner Double Room

With such a big property one more opinion for food would have been helpful especially with kids.

Property was nice and staff were helpful and very friendly.

Staff was friendly and helpful.
    • Traditional Double Room

Staff was friendly and helpful. We were allowed to check in early and were grateful because we only had one day in Boston! The conceige gave us wonderful directions to walk from South Boston to the Freedom Trail. Would stay here again!

The hostess at the restaurant gave my son some cereal since...
    • Traditional Double Room

Crazy busy with convention attendees.

The hostess at the restaurant gave my son some cereal since the rest of us were eating something quick from starbuck’s.

The facility is clean and the staff are very friendly.
    • Premium Room with View

You cannot get fresh air in your room. The cost of parking and the room are too much. If you are going to a convention next door, it's perfect, but if it is cold or raining outside the property is not at all convenient. You have to go several blocks before you get to restaurants, etc. It is NOT on the water. There isn't much to do but eat, drink, swim and sleep here.

The facility is clean and the staff are very friendly.

My fave Boston Hotel
    • Traditional King Room

Gym wasn't the best as far as space to use the weights and the TRX straps, I miss the old shower heads

Location in a quiet part of Boston, so close to the silver line

Expensive, but high quality and convenient.
    • Parlor Room

The bed in the parlor room appears to be a Murphy Bed, which limited the thickness of the mattress and quality of the bedframe. The bed was very comfortable, however.

If you're visiting the convention center, you can't beat the location. The food choices are also quite excellent.

High quality room but...
    • Traditional Double Room

Noisy room during night due to the fridge and air conditioning. I had the air output next to my head in the bed and even if I turned it off, I continued hearing an annoying buzz.

The room and beds were very big and comfortable.

The staff is super helpful and friendly.
    • Parlor Room

The bed sheets and the blanket are very uncomfortable. I have sensitive skin and got allergy reactions on my skin. The blanket is too heavy for me that I couldn’t move my legs easily when sleeping.

The staff is super helpful and friendly. We don’t remember to bring a parking card and they immediately gave us another one for free. I broke my ankles and called them for a bandage. They send a bunch of bandages to our rooms within 1min. I’m general the services are perfect!!!!!

Very disappointing as there was no atmosphere or any hint that we were in Boston.
    • Traditional Double Room

Location was too remote. We weren't given help with our cases even though it was obvious my husband had difficulty walking. One of the taxi drivers was cross and rude and two others didn't utter a word. The wifi connection was poor & I couldn't get any for the first 12 hours. There was a conference on and the noise in the foyer was dreadful. It looked like an airport checkin.

Nice room, nice location, but had a number of small annoyances and was pricey for what you got.

Had a three o'clock check-in and the room was not ready. They said it would be about ten minutes, forty minutes later I went up to check and it was still not ready It took well over an hour. It would not have been a big deal if they just told me it was an hour instead of saying ten minutes. Also, I reserved a room with a king bed and was told all that was available was two fulls. The "free" internet they advertise is free in the lobby and $19 a day in the room. Also, the shower had issues and I had to hold the hose just right to get full pressure. Nothing horrible, just annoying things that for the cost of the room should not have to deal with.

The room was comfortable and clean.

Great stay for the price.
    • Traditional Double Room

Signs for parking garage were hard to find. Would have liked to see more entertainment nearby but it seems like its geared for the convention center right next door.

Amenities galore, parking garage under the building, comedy club/ restaurants in the lobby and ourroom had a decent view of the harbor. Very easy to get to.

Hope to come back to Boston and this is our first choice in hotels!
    • Traditional King Room

The buffet was over priced for my daughter and I. We barely ate $15 worth of food, let alone $25 worth of food. So we ordered room service our second morning and that was much better priced for what we ate.

The rooms were perfect!!! The last few hotels I've stayed at had an odor, but our room smelled perfect!! Room service was excellent!

Great value hotel near airport.
    • Traditional Double Room

Food and drink is a little expensive on site. Hotel is a little ways from downtown Boston.

Comfortable bed and clean/neat hotel. They had hot chocolate and cider available on a brutally cold weekend, which was very nice.

Very clean, comfortable & conveniently located
    • Traditional Double Room

When we first arrived, the bar fridge in the room was very loud. After I called the front desk a couple of times, they sent a repair man, who diagnosed the problem as a broken fan. He replaced the fridge with another one, thus solving the problem.

Complimentary Granny Smith apples, bottled water, hot chocolate, and desktops computers in the lobby.

A great night on a cold evening for our family on school vacation!
    • Traditional Double Room

The pool was clean and perfect for the kids! As always the beds were comfortable and the bed linens fresh and clean! The front desk service was Quick and courteous 😀

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

The hotel room didn’t seem to be cleaned properly.
    • Traditional Double Room

The hotel room didn’t seem to be cleaned properly. I had a used soap bar with hair on it in my shower, and my trash was not emptied. Other than that the stay was enjoyable.

Great place to stay in Boston!

Only negative is the mattress was old and too soft and mushy.

The staff was absolutely excellent. Very helpful, professional, and polite. Housekeeping staff was exceptional. My room was always cleaned first thing in the morning.

The bed was very comfortable and staff were extremely...
    • Traditional King Room

I would have preferred a shower glass door rather than a shower curtain.

The bed was very comfortable and staff were extremely friendly. I would stay again.

The check in was so quick and convenient - she signed me up...
    • Traditional King Room

The check in was so quick and convenient - she signed me up for a rewards program that entitled us to free wifi and a room upgrade - I was travelling with a friend and we got a double bed each. SO comfy!! There is a convenient Starbucks in the lobby that opens at 6am. A few restaurants downstairs as well for late night food/drinks. The hotel is about a 30 minute walk from Quincy Market. Still a relatively close location but a bit far out from the action as it were. There are a few bars and restaurants around the hotel. VERY quick and convenient checkout process and the parking fee ($46) was included in the cost of the room. Parking downtown can get a bit pricey. From the hotel to the downtown area is around $8 - so its more convenient than having to find parking and pay per hour. The rooms were clean and spacious. Bathrooms very clean.

Good value for your money
    • Premium Room with View

The reception person offered me upgrades that were already included in the package as if I didn’t read the details of my reservation

Nice room, good location , spacious, reasonable price

We needed a room at this hotel to meet with a friend and the room served its purpose.

One unfriendly staff member, trash in elevator, stained carpets in corridors, not clearly explained that free parking was included in our rate so we didn’t bring car into city

Location, comfortable bed, quiet

The worst Hotel experience to date for me!!

I requested late check out twice over the phone. I was told because I booked my rooms via Booking. com. I need to request the late check out when I check in and depends on availability. When I checked in I requested late check out they told me to check the day after because they were very busy and depends on availability. even though two of my friends who did not book via Booking,com got the late check out with no issue. The room Service did not exist, Twice I requested stuff that I never got!!! A room for 4 people had only three towels. In the morning I requested towels that never arrived I had to get them myself from the cleaning crew!!!! Each Room had complimentary parking for one car. The parking manager told us we need to pay, everyone has pay Guest or not Guest. The parking drama was outrageous!! never again. The so called parking manager would not admit to anything he stated.

The bed only....

Wish we had a few more days to stay! Boston is a great city!

They need more towel racks.

Our room was very clean, with great view of city skyline. Loved the shower!! Close walking distance to the harbor and lots of attractions nearby.

Convenient hotel for business.

The bathroom in the room was outdated compared to the lobby and common areas. Price was quite high.

The meeting was at the hotel, só location was very convenient.

Awesome staff, nice facilities, great location for a conference stay in Boston 👍
    • King Room with Garden View

Irish pub in hotel had below average food but was otherwise a fun place. Food did't fit with high standard of hotel. I know it is somewhat independent but it did have room charge so it does reflect on the otherwise high standards of the hotel.

Concierge desk was super helpful and went beyond the call to help me find a particular item in Boston. Special shout out to Colleen (an absolute angel) with help from Ellen in that pursuit. Made me feel like had real friends at the Westin - please pass on that feedback. Also, the room was great, loved the shower contraption and the food from the main in-house restaurants was great. Best mussels ever! You can't ask for better regarding proximity to conference center of course, but it comes at a really high price. Thanks for a really great stay! Peter

It was a horrible stay.
    • Traditional King Room

Service was bad. Tv didnt work, we got a room with no balcony. We booked a room with a waterfront view and got nothing. Rooms were too small. Breakfast was supposed to be included and we got charged. We paid 500 dollars for one night and everything was awful. For that kind of money my wife and I would of got treated like a king and queen anywhere else. Dinner was bad too.

Breakfast was awful. Tasted bad

Easy, low-drama and super clean hotel in a perfect area.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access

I always prefer a stand-up shower to a tub, but the bathroom was clean and well-stocked so I'm not picky about that.

The room I had this time had a spectacular view, actually. Also, that Westin has always been extremely low drama on the check-in check-out phases.

Would definitely stay here again!

No complains

Wonderful stay! Staff was friendly with excellent service. They welcome our children with welcome bags including water bottles and Boston related booms. Easy walk to attractions but in a quieter area which was nice with 2 small children. Would definitely stay again!

Nice but $$$$$ extras
    • Traditional King Room

$46 for parking and $12 A day for internet, come on ,when the daily room fee is between $200 and $350 that's called price gouging.

Very nice clean well located hotel

I would choose this hotel again. Excellent for the cost.
    • Traditional King Room

My wife and daughter-in-law are gluten free and they both had excellent breakfasts. Workout room was new and very useful for me. Room was excellent.

Convenient location but not worth what we paid for it
    • King Room with City View - Disability Access

Check in was supposed to be at 3:00pm, we arrived at 3:47pm and the room was not ready. We asked for a time line and were told when housekeeping gets done, no idea when. It wasn't ready until almost 5pm. Messed up our whole afternoon.

The best part about this hotel is the location. We also loved the Irish restaurant on site.

Great.
    • Corner Double Room

Not a lot around for quick bite, but if you want higher options there are plenty.

Very clean and friendly staff. We were here for aconvention and it is connected to the convention center.

Loved Boston, Westin was little more than average unfortunately
    • Traditional Double Room

Small room , additional charge for wifi, very expensive at around $700 for 2 nights including parking. Location wasn't amazing either given the cost. A good 15-20 mins walk into central parts

Easy parking, friendly staff at reception and lots of dining options on site

Fabulous hotel, spotless rooms
    • Traditional Double Room

The term "waterfront " was a bit of a stretch. The VIEW of the waterfront in the distance and city scape was pretty.

The hotel was very beautiful and sparkling clean. The elevators had to be the fastest I've ever been on! We blinked and were on the 12th floor. The crib we requested was brought up immediately and was perfect for our little one. We let him crawl everywhere because the place looked impeccable!

Fantastic amenities and location
    • Parlor Room

A little pricier than anticipated.

Swimming pool was lovely. Starbucks in the Lobby friendly and with a legal seafood experimental kitchen round the corner - superb! I was really lucky as the tall ships were in town the weekend I visited and it was brilliant for access to the ships.

I didn't like the fact that I had to pay for Wi-Fi.

I didn't like the fact that I had to pay for Wi-Fi. The parking in the hotel was ridiculously expensive. For those two reasons I would not stay at this hotel again.

Comfortable room.

Dust in my room. Very expensive. Disposable Starbucks cups everywhere discredit any attempt at sustainability.

Comfortable room. Good views of the city.

Disappointed
    • Traditional King Room

Ask to stay another night at the group rate. I was told I could not do that and It would cost me additional $390.00 for 2nd might. I paid $219.00 the first night, plus $36.00 per night for parking. I fly that I was being overcharged. The convention had guarantee rates and I was not allowed to use that rate.

Location and Starbucks in hotel

will stay there again

no issues.

very quiet room, very quiet location. solid building, solid doors, well built, therefore very quiet. loved the exercise room and pool, exellent buffet breakfast. free parking is a HUGE bonus in Boston. everywhere else is 50 dollars per night

Nice stay on Marathon Weekend
    • King Room - Disability Access

Expensive, but we stayed on Marathon Weekend, so that is to be expected.

High class hotel and the staff were very professional and helpful. Hotel is walking distance to the Harpoon brewery and some other nice bars and restaurants.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

Not a good experience
    • Corner Double Room

The staff were unfriendly, except for the ladies at the giftshop. I'm a member and was told that I got free internet, but the hotel staff at the reception didn't give me the info for the internet (password etc). I was hesitant to ask because most of the staf there are cold and somewhat snob-ish. On the last day we put our luggages at the hotel after we check-out bcs we needed to go somewhere, when we got our luggages back, one of them broke(it got some cracked on the side of it)!

Big room comfy bed

Adequate
    • Premium Room

Very disappointed in the breakfast buffet. Traveled with family of 4 and each of us had multiple things on our plate that we didn't like. Second batch of powdered eggs weren't mixed fully so they had a terrible chalky consistency. Hotel was a little too far from the sites I wanted to see, stayed here because of price but in the future would stay closer to Boston Common.

Hotel itself is nice, staff was great. pool and gym were very clean and modern. liked having a full Starbucks in the lobby. I had booked two nights but at separate times, staff was able to keep me in the same room for both nights, I appreciated that.

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

A family member told the staff that we were celebrating my...
    • Parlor Room

A family member told the staff that we were celebrating my wife's birthday and that night the concierge left champagne and fruit and cheeses in our room. What a nice surprise!

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

Such a beautiful hotel with a beautiful view of Boston.
    • Premium Room

I honestly have nothing negative to say.

Your check in staff especially Angel went out of his way to accommodate an unexpected extended stay. He was friendly and so helpful.

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

Room wasn't ready, but after all we enjoyed our stay.
    • Traditional King Room

Arrived on a Saturday night around 6:30pm (check in is 3pm). Had two rooms and both were not ready until 8:30pm Hotel provided free drinks/ breakfast, but this shouldn't happen at a hotel like this.

Good location, friendly staff

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

Comfortable
    • Parlor Room

This is petty but it was the week before Christmas and there was no sign of Christmas anywhere or any holiday season.

The Room was spacious and beds were very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

Great Hotel for under 300. a night!
    • Premium Room with View

Well, taking the T anywhere would take 3-4 transfers BUT Uber worked fantastic and cost about 8.00 to the North end, Quincy Market or th the Science museum. Small price for such convenience vs. the T. I guess we ended up being Happy with Everything actually!! : )

Large Spacious Hotel, New Condition. No Crowds Rooms were fantastic, clean & comfy. Great cozy pub off the lobby with good food and even a comedy show adjacent to the pub. All right off of the lobby.

Farthest from luxury or service in hotels ever.
    • King Room - Disability Access

At check in he told me I had no reservation. Made me wait at least gen minutes and showing him numerous emails , etc before he realized he put my last name first. Second incidence was the fact there system was declining my cards until the computer was rebooted so check in took almost 30 min as he put the phone on speaker playing the wait music to call merchant services, rude. I went ahead and called my bank only to be told they couldn't even see it attempted to be run on their end therefore it was there system error. It took so long my fiancé who was in the car called to check on me, No explanation of wifi , amenities, or how to even get to the room. Better yet no apologies for anything! Once to the room the bed was stripped with all the pillows, comforter, sheets thrown all over. Call down to have room switched took 15 min only to be moved across the hall in room with no city view which is what I booked, however we were already running behind due to the prior so I couldn't call to wait even more for a correction.

There really was not a positive from start to finish it was a very unpleasant experience.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

The best employees, I have ever seen at a hotel!
    • Corner Double Room

Booking online was different than what room I received, first!! Then online free wifi was offered, then when arrived, to get online - requested a fee, employees took care of both issues!!!!

Employees "Excellent"

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

Well Served in every way - I recommend staying here.
    • King Room with Garden View

It is so expensive but not different from other Boston experiences, is all.

Staff, Service, Location, Facilities, Extra shops within the Hotel for ultra convenience. Very close to the T (MBTA) in Boston, so easy access from the airport but not dominated at all by the airport.