Reviews of The Westin Las Vegas Hotel & Spa 4 stars

160 East Flamingo Road, Las Vegas Strip, Las Vegas, NV 89109, USA

#78 of 193 hotels in Las Vegas

• Standard King Room

Room was dirty, the bathroom was old and in need of renovation, and on top of it we found two pairs of used and dirty underwear under the desk. Disgusting. We checked out earlier than expected, informed the staff who didn’t seem concerned about it. Westin rouined our honeymoon.

Next to main strip, casinos and city life

Pool.
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

Pool.... small and no smoking area Housekeeping..... did not replace towels and products on both occasions the room was cleaned - had to be requested

I'll stay here again.
    • Standard King Room

But the service of the restaurant staff was not very good.

Very friendly Receptionists. In particular, the man staff at the check-in during the daytime was very friendly and gave me a lot of information that I did not know anything about,

Nice lobby.
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

Paid extra to get city-view. On the photos it seems like a great view, but don't waste the money. All we could see was a ugly street and couple of city hotels. They asked for a good amount for my dog. I think we should have at least given a bowl, a treet or some pick up bags. Anything would have been nice.

Nice lobby. Dog friendly. Pet relief area. Cold water in the lobby. Big, clean rooms. Nice bathroom.

Nice hotel, but not worth paying extra for city view.
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

Horrible!!! More like a Holiday Inn, than a Westin!!
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds, City View

The room was super hot and they switched us to another hot room.. The manager was a jerk and the staff working at night were horrible!! Would rather sleep in my car than stay at this crappy hotel!!

The bell staff the day we arrived were amazing!!! The two front desk agents on the day of our departure were amazing as well!!!

Lovely
    • Premium King Room, City View

It was very very hot but the aircon in our room (1755) would not cool the room lower than 80degs. So we were a little disappointed with that. The foyer was cooler but hallways were also very hot.

Beautiful view of the Ferris wheel from our top floor room. Very quiet too. Great for sleeping in! It was a 10min walk to the strip. Out the lobby doors, turn right , walk to traffic lights and cross over to enter Ballys...walk thru there to access strip...very handy. Free self parking on site too. Really nice comfortable bed. Lovely linen..

Overall pleasant stay
    • Standard King Room

We found a pair of socks left by a previous guest in our room and called front desk. They sent housekeeping and gave us ticket to breakfast buffet for compensation. A little uncomfortable with this incident.

Quiet neighborhood with walking distance to Las Vegas Strip - it's up to you whether to play hard or take a good rest.

Returned for a second visit of one night before returning to London
    • Standard King Room

Advertised a shuttle to and from the airport which no longer exists

Breakfasts v good. Room clean and comfortable. Good location could walk to strip by caesars palace in 8 mins

In Las Vegas, there are many attractions.
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds, City View

The pool is little bit small.

In Las Vegas, there are many attractions. However, I liked to rest in calm and quite. This is where I could relax and have fun. It is really close to the Las Vegas strip and very peaceful place.

Slightly off the main strip making it a very nice quiet...
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

Slightly off the main strip making it a very nice quiet place. It is fun to walk the strip but much better to have a place to get away from the crazy. Would recommend this place 100% plus close to the airport.

Nice experience
    • Standard King Room

Airport shuttle should be made available

Great front desk staff / Good breakfast / sufficiently close to the strip / No casino, so no excessive crowd

i really enjoyed my stay
    • Standard King Room

the french open tennis was on but i could not find it on any channels in the room

the bed was extra comfortable. the carrot cake was great. all in all it was a great place to stay

Great experience
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

Noisy at times (sounds of engines maybe amd sometimez sounds of other guests talking loudly in the corridor)

Great Location. Lovely view of the Ferris. Cleanliness.

Excellent Quality Hotel with Proximity to the Strip!!!
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds, City View

Breakfast should be provided complementary - The rates of $25 is very expensive.

Excellent location - Proximity to the Strip! Very helpful staff. Specifically - Imelda from Concierge She was amazing!! Food at the restaurant was very nice. So, were the cocktails at the Bar.....with live music. Very convenient to stay with Family & Friends

Location, good value, comfortable beds, good space for 3...
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds, City View

Noisy A/C, curtains didn’t close well and let sunlight enter the room (#817), the day before checking out they didn’t clean the room, the only made the beds.

Location, good value, comfortable beds, good space for 3 people (2 adults and 1 13 year old child)

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. This hotel is the best!

Everything was perfect!!

This is the best hotel we have ever stayed in. They were so nice at the desk. The room is amazing. The bed is so comfortable and the shower was perfect. We also used the exercise room. Thank you The Westin!!

Nice location and friendly staff
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds, City View

Delay of 2 hours for the check in, no coffee provided along the night, no food provided during late hours (not even snacks)

Nice location and friendly staff

Very good.
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

The only thing I did not like was an excuse of late arrival was use for not keeping our reserve king size bed room. I do not think that this excuse was credible.

Nice, friendly staff.
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

Just a little off the strip, but not far. No real bells and whistles, just a decent hotel with a nice staff. If you’re looking for a Las Vegas experience type hotel, this is not for you.

Nice, friendly staff. Clean. Quiet/relaxing. No casino with smoke!!

best time in Vegas
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

this was a great place! loved the bar tender Ron he was amazing! loved the location and the price you saved just to walk 5min to the strip

the distance from the strip. the food was amazing! the beds and the cleanliness

Great place to stay at!
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

Clean, vibrant and the location wasn’t that bad.I’ve stayed at The Westin before and they never disappoint. Love this hotel and will definitely stay there again.

strange policy on early checkin
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

Early checkin problem. Arrived at 12 noon and was told that checkin was 4pm and I would have to pay $25 for early checkin at noon. But if I waited until 1, I could check in without penalty. It would seem that they had a room available at noon but I couldn't have it without paying the penalty. I wouldn't mind if they said a room wasn't available, but not letting me have an available room at noon without paying a penalty rubbed me the wrong way to say the least.

Will stay again.
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

The block out curtains aren't on cross tracks so there was a constant stream of light coming in.

Tidy and comfortable. Staff were very helpful and kind.

Located walking distance to the Strip, buses.
    • Standard King Room

Didn't feel standard of room matched price, especially the bathroom which was very dated & disappointing. Huge bathroom with tiny single vanity, and shower over small discoloured bath. Clothes from previous guest found behind a chair.

Located walking distance to the Strip, buses. Room good size & comfortable

Nice buffet breakfast.
    • Standard King Room

Tried to participate in water saving procedures suggested by the hotel but towels were changed despite our having hung them up.

Nice buffet breakfast. Clean comfortable room.

Super close to everything and great price
    • Standard King Room

The pool was small so not too great if you have kids

The front desk lady was a treasure. She not only upgraded us but she also gave us tips on what to do and where to go around town. We barely used lyft because we got around so easily with her tips.

Below the regular Westin level
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

Not quite the Westin experience I have come to expect. Elevator to the garage out of service for over 24h. All ok but not quite where it should be for price / quality ratio.

Off the full on Vegas atmosphere but still close enough. Nice fitness center.

Amazing experience....
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

That I had to leave.... lol

Staff was super nice, eventho I asked for estar blankets never got them but it was fine because at the end it was upper hot. Rooms super clean, housekeeping to be more specific the lady on the 14 floor near the room 1446 was amazing and super nice to us. Facility was super nice and clean the sauna rooms amazing and their room service espectacular. The bartenders always friendly and smiling, I would definetly come back to this hotel.

So much to see and do here in Vegas and being close to the strip makes it a good walking holiday .
    • Standard King Room

No fridge . Mini bar in room is not a cooler and management told us it is . Food and drinks do not stay cold in it .

Loved the comfy bed and shower. Quiet dark room so great for sleeping. Good location off the strip easy walk to everything around here and also bus access to outlets not too big a walk away.

Nice and comfy room at competitive price
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

The price is a little high, but I think it's usual in Vegas.

Very near to the strip, it's a short 5 minutes walk. The room was good with comfy bed and nice view of the Palazzo and the mountains. Also the free parking is nice.

Check in disaster
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

I was really disappointed. First off I choose to self park which that wasn't the problem. The problem was when we had to drag our luggage down 5 flights of stairs because the elevators were out of order. Ok, things happen and I wanted to look pass that. Once I got to the front desk and I was ready to check in (the room already paid for) I had to wait 40 mins for my room keys which was insane!!! My check in time was at 4 PM Friday I arrived at 1 AM Saturday. Almost 9 hrs after check in and my room was "being cleaned". I've NEVER experienced anything like that. There were around 6 groups of ppl also waiting around the lobby for their rooms. I was also extremely annoyed that the room keys would deactivate frequently. My room was on the 9th floor, I had to go all the way to the front desk and get the keys reactivated. In one occasion when the room keys were not working we asked a house keeper to call the front desk to send over someone to let us in. She kindly called the front desk and they told her someone would be on their way for assistance. We literally waited 20 mins for someone to come help us and no one ever came, therefore I had to once again make my way down and reactive the card. It was frustrating and at that point I decided I will never stay here again!!!!

The pool was nice and the Starbucks inside the hotel was convenient.

Great Stay!

I had to get the coffee maker in my room replaced and it took the staff more than 30 minutes to do so which was a bit annoying

I stayed with my family and friends here and had a comfortable stay. Location is good with shops and strip at just a walking distance

The location was perfect - a block away from Strip - small...
    • Standard King Room

Bigger closet would be appreciated

The location was perfect - a block away from Strip - small hotel compared to the ones on Strip but it was refreshing to stay away from the "madness" and it was quiet and well maintained. Nice room with big bed, decent bathroom and good facilities

Perfect! Would definitely come again! :)
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

Loved everything about our stay! Coziest Beds + Yummy food + Fun View and more! And Billie at the front desk was amazing! She went out of her way to make our stay extra fantastic! We will be back next time we're in Vegas! :)

Delightfully smoke free!
    • Standard King Room

Delightfully smoke free! No casino, so much quieter than regular Las Vegas hotels. Just behind The Flamingo, so short walk to monorail, Paris or the strip. The concierge, Spencer, was very helpful in getting back to the motel quickly after our show.

Excellent location, clean interior, very good staff.
    • Standard King Room

Excellent location, clean interior, very good staff. Easy check in/out. Free parking where the nearby hotels charge for parking even if you stay there.

Eat at a neighboring hotel.
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

The buffet was wonderful but no price displayed or presented. Huge orice shock and a bit of entrapment with a bill afterwards of over $80 for just me and my two boys.

Everything and everyone was wonderful. I even looked pass the cockroach that ran between my feet while standing in the bathroom. It's the desert after all.

I liked everything about this location
    • Standard King Room

The only thing that bugged me was the ac/heater unit in our room constantly came in and off and it was extremely loud!

I liked everything about this location

It was wonderful. Staff was beyond nice
    • Standard King Room

I had to be switched because these people next door were partying all hours of the night. At 3am they decided to start arguing in the hall. I called security once for them to turn up their music right after they left. Then security came up again while they were in the hall screaming. I will say this the hotel made it right. They gave me that night free and switched me rooms.

The rooms were beautiful. Comfy beds good breakfast.

I won't be going back there.
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

The bathroom wasn't that clean and the furniture seemed very outdated Couldn't work the AC. The room was pretty cold. Do not eat from their restaurant (Jack and Eli)! - I ordered a burger and some potatoes and it was disgusting.

The location is acceptable - not the best, but close to the strip (5-10 min walk) The bed was comfortable

Nice hotel with quiet pool area, Starbucks on premises.
    • Premium Room with Two Double Beds, City View

A little off the beaten track

The hotel staff were very efficient, calling us when our room was ready for check in. Let us check in early and have a late check out.

For an animal its private, quiet and without incident.
    • Standard King Room

I realized if I would have booked directly through the hotel it would have been cheaper than your site. I will research much better next time.

The staff was great, location too. Allowing a dog there was a bonus, which is so much appreciated! That is why we chose your hotel. Prices & items in shops were a bit pricey.

Close to the Main Strip, loved the location.
    • Standard King Room

Got a no smoke room but the room had a very strong weed smell. Spoke with the manager who was very happy to assist us with another room. Ask for upper floor. Had no issues. Breakfast not included and expensive $22 a person. We ate at Flamingos Breakfast all inclusive buffet for two for $32.

Close to the Main Strip, loved the location. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The robes was a nice touch. Good value for the price we paid. Would stay here again.

The location of the hotel is excellent, less than 5 minutes...
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

The location of the hotel is excellent, less than 5 minutes away from the Strip, close to everything. Rooms on the upper floors come with amazing view. Rooms are very comfortable and clean. Excellent and very welcoming staff. Will definitely come back again.

Exactly what I was looking for!
    • Standard King Room

I can't think of anything.

The hotel was less than 1/2 mile to the strip (an easy 10 minute walk), which allowed me to be close enough to take advantage of it, but far enough removed to get away from the "mega"-ness of it. Check-in was easy, the staff was friendly and helpful, the size of the room was pretty standard (which is all I wanted or needed), the bathroom was clean and well-appointed, and the bed was comfortable.

Loved everything, would definitely stay again!!
    • Standard King Room

Nothing, everything was great!

Staff went over and beyond to help, love the remodel, food was great, excellent drinks, super clean and comfortable rooms/beds

Excellent!!!
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

Shay, the receptionist was extremely helpful. She added all the thibgs I needed before me even asking about it... breakfast, late checkout and even gave us a room upgrade. We came from a long road trip and that really gave us time to relax and enjoy las vegas. Lobby smells good!!!

Definitly back here for my next trip in Vegas
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

We were lucky to get a very special offer from booking, but if you go with a regular price is probably a bit expensive, but cannot expect to be cheap in Vegas

Spacious and clean room, comfortable bed and pillows. The parking lot is very convenient. A few minutes walk from the Main Street, good to be a bit far from the noise of the night life in Vegas. Several restaurants around but the 24h Starbucks inside the facility is the icing on the cake. The receptionist always available to help on any question we had, especially to arrange our day trip to the Canyon

Loved the comfortable beds.
    • Standard King Room

I didn’t like the lighting in the room. Not very bright. Hard to put on makeup in the dark.

Loved the comfortable beds. Great bathrooms. Loved that there were lots of outlets for phone chargers

I would stay again but I’d hope the shower head worked properly next time
    • Standard King Room

Construction noise woke us at 6:15 am But I was credited 1 day of the resort fee for the rude noise

Bed was comfy Free bourbon tasting and dessert in their bar was a plus

Cool
    • Standard King Room

The tv system was annoying because it pushes you to buy a movie for 20 dollars just to watch it once and didn't allow for devices like chromecast because the network was sign in only.

Free non tap drinking water, awesome room and a cleaning staff that cleaned up and organized my room because i live like a 13 year old.

Liked everything
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

The windows are facing the high roller, providing a great view both in the day and at night. The bed is comfortable, neither too soft nor too hard. Water coming from the shower is great. Sean greeted us warmly and explained everything very clearly.

Great Location Just off the Strip
    • Standard King Room

Not sure why, but we didn’t receive Housekeeping service, even on days that a DnD sign was not on our door. I finally had to hunt down housekeeping for coffee and toilet paper.

The Locations was great. Room was comfortable and clean. AC works well. Front desk staff was helpful and friendly.

Bed was comfy breakfast was good
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

The parking elevators were not working which caused great fruatration because i had a baby and stroller, alsi i didnt like the fact that swimming pool was also shut

Bed was comfy breakfast was good

The room was really nice and the hotel is fairly close to the strip.
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

The resort fee is bogus, there was a weird smell in the hallway of our floor, and it took a long time to check out.

A ton of outlets, and even some in the sides of the bed. The bed was comfortable and there was a nice lounging area. The shower and bath robes were amazing. It was also pretty close to the strip.

Pick them!
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

Very nice room and staff was generally excellent and Joseph helped us a lot with booking Grand Canyon tour day before using his own mobile phone. Great location and excellent value for money.

We celebrated a perfect anniversary weekend and enjoyed our stay.
    • Standard King Room

We liked everything. I can't say anything negative about this Westin.

comfortable bed and pillows and spacious room. Great location....near the strip but not on it. No smokey casino to walk through every morning was a plus. Nice friendly check in staff. Free valet and self parking was great.

Very good hotel. Located in short distance from the main attractions. Friendly staff.
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

We were not notified that the pool was closed. We always look forward to relaxation by the pool after long day out.

Super comfortable king bed, cleanliness, quiet rooms

If I went back I would ensure a quiet room - be warned.
    • Standard King Room

We were at first put in a room with the noisiest airconditioner. We changed to another room but why the hotel should consider putting guests into such a room in the first place defies imagination. There are other rooms like it I am informed. No way anyone could sleep in it.

View from the room, and location near the Strip!
    • Premium King Room, City View

At check-in, staff didnt know what was happening, as our booking wasnt uploaded on their system. Also I thought their breakie was a bit pricey!

View from the room, and location near the Strip!

Comfortable, convenient and friendly.
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

We were thinking about a swim but the pool was closed for maintenance. We fully understand this though. We were also thinking, that whilst we felt quite secure, it seemed unusual that one did not need to swipe key card to enter lifts so really any one could have had access to anywhere in the building whether they are a guest or not.

We were made to feel special and all facilities, local advice given to us by bar and reception staff (including how to play some of the machines :) ) was generous and and helpful. The location was spectacular we were close to The Strip ( just a 8 - 10 min easy walk ) without feeling the hectic vibe of The Strip 24/7. highly recommended !

Room was comfortable and luxurious feeling.
    • Standard King Room

You should avoid rooms with connective doors - you will hear EVERYTHING your neighbors say. We had multiple issues with our room, and their handling of them was very very slow. Undergoing renovations right now so has no casino

Room was comfortable and luxurious feeling. Location is pretty good - not right on the Strip but pretty close, 5-10 minutes walk. 24h Starbucks in the hotel.

Checked into room and found that a/c wasn't working.
    • Standard King Room

Checked into room and found that a/c wasn't working. Front desk immediately found another room and comped resort fees. We will return to this place!

Great location, comfortable room.
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

Air conditionning quite loud in the room.

Great location only a block away of the Strip. No casino so very quiet after a day in Vegas. Bed extra comfortable.

It's ok but nothing more - and it's not the usual Westin experience
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds, City View

I had to ask for a crib 3 times until it finally came, and our tub was clogged. Eventually I had to ask for the room to be replaced. Service is not great in this hotel.

Great bed and location was pretty good - off strip but close enough

The room is old. Not worthy at all.
    • Standard King Room

The first room - AC not working. No hot water in bathroom. The second room - was not totally cleaned. Leftover shampoo, conditioner, and soap were found in tub area. AC is noisy.

Just that the location is very close the the strip
    • Standard King Room

After booking through booking.com app which included reset fee of 29 dollars we were charged again at the hotel for each room. Parking and wifi was mentioned as free but we were told that the resort fee includes parking and wifi also. We booked two rooms 506 and 508 Bug bed stains in 506 and toilet clogged

Just that the location is very close the the strip

Good for someone under 21
    • Standard King Room

Bathroom was a bit small. Hotel is not located on the main strip so there is a 3 minute walk onto it. For the price paid, it felt like it was rather expensive compared to other hotels on the Vegas strip which seemed more luxurious.

The staff was great, we had a smooth and easy check in. The room was large, only reason why we stayed here was because most hotels in Vegas require a minimum check in age of 21 years. We were satisfied with the room, easy to find, and bed was comfortable.

Not fit to be a Westin chain.
    • Premium Room with Two Double Beds, City View

House keeping services was very poor. Skipped making our room. Room heater was very slow to heat up. Toilet hot water takes 15mins to heat up in the morning.

Nice view

Westin need maybe one just one person who can speak Spanish in the buffet
    • Standard King Room

No one speak Spanish in the buffet my coworkers try order red wine and the lady just answer I don't understand your English sorry so I order for him

No casino easy access from valet to lobby

The lobby was very nice and had a bar and restaurant.
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

The hotel was a street over from Planet Hollywood, Paris Las Vegas etc so there was a walk, but other than that the location was great.

The lobby was very nice and had a bar and restaurant.

Wonderful
    • Standard King Room

Payments were an issue. Changing credit cards the proper way then still having original card charged too. Not a huge problem but somewhat frustrating.

Comfort, cleanliness. Pleasant staff.

Wouldn’t go back until the finish the remodel.
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds, City View

Most of the hotel was under construction and we had no knowledge of this when we booked. The restaurant and the pool were closed. Our room’s AC didn’t work and it took 2 days before they were able to move us to a different room.

The beds were amazing.

Will def stay here again
    • Standard King Room

Very quiet room and no casino so no noisy smoky area to walk through. Very close -less than block from center of strip ( near Paris) awesome pillows and bedding - coffee in room

Browse The Westin Las Vegas Hotel & Spa traveller photo gallery