Reviews of Westin Galleria Dallas 4 stars

13340 Dallas Parkway, Dallas, TX 75240, USA

#33 of 173 hotels in Dallas

5.6

Not worth the expense at all.
    • Traditional King Room

The AC was so loud in room 605 that we couldn't hear the TV even turning it up. It kept waking us up everytime it would turn on. We did not get much sleep at all.

The shower was big and roomy. Great shower head. Lots of hot water. Loved it.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

I'd stay there again, but factor in extra time for departure.

The departure experience was not so good--no porter/bell hop showed up; after 45 mins, I had to lug several large luggage pieces and shopping bags down to the entrance. Parking captain was less than friendly--eventually got around to getting my car after 15 minutes of waiting.

Great room and room service

Lovely hotel.
    • Traditional King Room

While the food was good for breakfast the service was poor and the food took a long time to reach the table. It was also quite expensive. we had breakfast both mornings and both was the same experience.

Nice hotel with friendly staff. Clean and in a good location. I was there for a conference and everything we need was right where we were at. the food was good at the restaurants in the hotel. Our room was nice with nice bathroom.

We love it being attached to the mall.
    • Traditional King Room

We had two beds and mine had an odor! We were too tired to complain honestly so I slept with my daughter in the other bed We have stayed here many times and on 3 different occasions we were stuck in the elevator!

We love it being attached to the mall.. This is why we always stay here.

It was very nice.

There needs to be a small table so you can eat a meal.

The room was very nice and old fashioned. I recommend you provide a table to eat at in the room since you have to chairs.

The room and the interaction with the check in attendant.

1. Explanation of a “refreshment services fee.” 2. When reservation shows more than 1 guest, provide more than one robe.

The room and the interaction with the check in attendant.

Good location, excellent facilities. Uncomplimentary breakfast and WiFi is a low low low.

A front desk staff continued conversation while I was waiting to be attended to and the other was complimenting another staff passing behind me. I thought that was unprofessional. Paid breakfast and WiFi sounds very unusual for a hotel of that standing.

Room comfort and facilities and nearness to the Galleria Mall made it a convenient place to stay.

Snack over priced should of been free.

Snacks and drinks are over priced.

It be better if we didn't have to pay for the snack and drinks in the room. Plus the snack and drink are way over priced especially the room is already expensive enough.

Great place for Christmas shopping in luxury

The room was outstanding. The bed was comfortable, the shower was superb, the window seat overlooking the western countryside was a refreshing surprise. My wife settled on the window seat with a book and was hard to move to go to dinner.

I would definitely stay at the Westin Galleria Hotel again! The staff was great and friendly!

The only thing I didn't like was that the shower leaked some water onto the bathroom floor during showers.

The Westin Galleria was extremely accommodating and a very lovely, elegant hotel. The rooms were spacious with a wonderful view. The best part is it is attached to the Galleria mall!

The website is deficient and I got caught, but never again.
    • Traditional King Room

Been staying at the hotel for 20 years and have never had such a small dark side room. The front desk attitude to my complaint, suggesting that I had specifically booked that room was ridiculous.

I was happy to leave.

The room was excellent, very updated and clean.

If you're not traveling alone, the glass sliding bathroom door does not keep any sounds in!! Other than that, room was perfect.

The room was excellent, very updated and clean. King sized bed with loads of pillows. The shower was the best part of the room. It had a rainfall shower head with a separate spray nozzle. I stayed on the 15th floor and had a great view with a comfy window bench.

Location, Location, Location

Room was a bit small, but very nicely decorated Self Parking in the sub-garage is a bit complicated without easy access to the hotel

Location, Location, Location

No snack machines in the hotel which would be convenient but...
    • Traditional King Room

No snack machines in the hotel which would be convenient but if you go into mall there is some. Parking not the greatest. Overall stay was good. Friendly staff.

would never stay here again

they checked us into a dirty room and wanted us to stand there and wait while someone cleaned it. they didn't move us to a clean room until I complained. the check in line was horribly long and only two people were working the desk. it took forever to get an elevator every time. parking was horrible and the garage and showers smelled like sewage. I ordered a sandwich from room service and it was nothing like described in menu. I never received a call back about that. the mattress pad was so old and pilled I couldn't even sleep on the sheets. it was so rough.

room was large

Great place if your there for shopping.

Poor elevator service. Had to wait 20+ minutes for an elevator 3 times. Parking wasn't great. Food was pricey.

Nice accommodation, poor elevator service. Had to wait 20+ minutes for an elevator 3 times.parking wasn't great.

Before -always had a good experience. This time it was not a good choice!

It took 20 minutes to get an elevator on Friday every time I needed to use the elevators. The air conditioning in my room cut off during the night. I woke up from the heat and was miserable.

Beds and Room size were excellent.

Staff was very friendly and knowledgeable.

The rooms are not good accommodations for for our children at 3 and 4 years of age. Their diets were hard to keep up with without appropriate fridge space.

Staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. The overall customer service of everyone at the hotel was phenomenal.

The parking service.

1. The iron didn't work 2. The outlets on the lap didn't work 3. The outlet on the table didn't work 4. The sheets were dirty 5. Customer service was terrible

The parking service.

Weekend getaway

If you didn't want to pay for parking thru valet, finding a parking spot was/is treacherous. Often what I notice either people were parking to go to the restaurants or the mall, which made it hard for the hotel guests to park on site.

Location, location, location.

Rain Shower + Cloud 9 Bed + Excellent service = Still my favorite hotel in Dallas

Our room was set to 72 upon arrival- I think 69 would be a more appropriate temperature during these hot months.

The rain shower alone was worth it- but the super comfy (cloud- like) bed was The best!!

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

The hotel is fabulous, especially for one that is in a crowded city.
    • Traditional King Room

I thought it was RIDICULOUS to charge $20 to change from a room with a king bed to a room with two queens.

Very welcoming and considerate staff Wonderful bed! Nice setup of fridge, safe, coffee station, etc. Delicious Reisling wine that I could take from the bar.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

It was an alright stay, could have been better.

For how much we paid to stay here I would have expected to have a fridge and microwave. I didn't like that we really couldn't get the room cold and the staff was very rude.

The view was really nice, the bed was really comfortable and the bathroom was nice

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

Amazing!! Had a great time!!

There was what looked to be gum in the ceiling, just in one spot. But other than that everything was great!!

The bed was Amazing and the shower was like a rainfall. I didn't want to get out!!❤️❤️❤️🤗

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

Nice place, too many incompetent errors

Completely failed to get a working key card, and when you have been to reception three times to replace its useless, no not held to anything else magnetic either Took two deposits for incidentals, one still not cleared, incompetent

Access and location

The beds are so comfortable, we both got a great night's...

Paying so much for a room and having to pay extra for Wi-Fi is a little ridiculous. Even Motel 6 offers free Wi-Fi, why can't the Westin?

The beds are so comfortable, we both got a great night's sleep.

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

The nicest bathroom since Badenburg, Germany!

Free wifi would have been nice. Creamer powder is so nasty for coffee, please use ultra pasteurized liquids!

The bathroom was better than great. We loved the outside glass sliding door, the inner glass encased shower and the 2 adjustable water nozzles, vertical and horizontal. The bathroom in particular made us feel like we were in a semi Finnish tiled sauna/bathroom. Probably the most luxurious bathroom I have ever enjoyed. The bedroom had lots of room and was smartly appointed. The nicely padded window seat was comfortable and directly overlooked the pool, and included a roll down privacy screen. Now we want a similar bathroom in our next house that we have built to spec and a room with a window seat similar to what we enjoyed at the Westin Galleria Dallas.

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

Correct hotel

You need to pay for the wifi if you book through booking.com No slippers. Road side is a bit noisy Could be a bit cleaner

The dock station for your phone. Staff was ver helpful and friendly

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

Good hotel needing update

Hotel is showing its age. Shower leaked on to bathroom floor - a lot. Chairs and furniture are old. TV remote was dead and had to be changed out.

Location. Adjacent to the Galleria makes it an ideal hotel to walk, shop, eat, etc.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

The bed was very comfortable.

Very disappointed in parking situation. Should have free valet for people staying longer than 2 days. Way too expensive. Need shuttle from airport. I traveled alone and did not want a rental car. That could be only game changer for next stay Please consider benefit of these for people staying longer periods of time with you.

The bed was very comfortable. Loved your location. Great to have mall when you have bad weather. Restaurant was excellent. I would return.

I had a fantastic time at this hotel.

I called for a late clean-up for my room and house keeping never came.i had to wait til the next day to get clean towels

The location, the cleanliness of the hotel, and i loved the overall comfort of the room.

High class stay for regular senior folks

I didn't like the furniture in the room. Outdated, not very comfortable, no mini fridge and TV a little small.

The bed, was not like a cloud as I remembered it. I liked the quick check in, valet service and large room.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

Room was nice and clean.

Valet service was very disappointing. Although, The Oceanaire is a Landry's owned restaurant it's located in the Westin. It's service was also disappointing. We sat down at the bar and weren't greeted from 5+ minutes. We ended up leaving.

Room was nice and clean. It was also very spacious. Great location. My wife and I were celebrating our anniversary and we really enjoyed having access to the mall.

Pet Friendly for Only One Pet

I was disappointed that you were 'pet friendly' but only allowed one pet. I have two small well-mannered dogs that we travel with, each less than 10 lbs. I was told at check in that only one dog was allowed but they would make an exception this time and allowed both dogs. Is there a way to get around this or should I look for another hotel? Extremely bummed about this!

Perfect location - Galleria Mall, rooms were beautiful and updated. TV was HD and had plenty of channels. Very clean and spacious.

The bed are comfortable and the room was spacious

Parking was a little difficult and there wasn't a mini fridge in the room. When you are traveling you eat out alot and its nice to have somewhere to store left overs. Also no gift shop or microwave.

The bed are comfortable and the room was spacious

Great Shopping Area
    • Traditional King Room

Location, dining shopping at the Galleria.

👍

👍

satisfied
    • Traditional King Room

staff excellent room clean and comfortable

My stay was like something straight out of the Fairy Tail

Yes the bed was very soft for everyone had great personalities was very humbling experience the hospitality was awesome

Clean and efficient

Clean and efficient

Not much to say here really

It was only a very short stay, but enjoyable, the bed was super comfortable, the room appointment was excellent

Location + the bed in the window +easy entry to the mall...

Location + the bed in the window +easy entry to the mall from the lobby

First experience staying at here. Would highly recommend!

Love the accommodations and professional friendly staff

It was the best hotel stay in years

Everything professional and dedicated to comfort and security Of guests.

Very accomodating

Long line at valet

Great hotel. Nicely redone. Heavenly bed

The work out room was lacking.

The work out room was lacking.

Parking can be challenging

Great hotel

Not releasing blocked amount

Nice, Clean, Wonderful location.

Nice, except for being awoken

LOUD,at 0300 people in the next room turned on TV at high volume and were very busy.

Pillows were good

The room would not get super cool.

The room would not get super cool. Ac system had a limit to turn down to.

we will be back

cant think of anything we didn't like

Bed was great!, room very comfortable , clean.. excellent!

Amazing

Everything was great! Location, accommodations were fabulous and valet team EXCELLENT!!! I will definitely stay again.

The galleria is definitely a good option if you don't like to do a lot of driving.

I liked that the hotel was very clean and it was inside the mall.And that there was a lot to do with in 5 miles of the hotel.

• Traditional King Room

The phone in my room didn't work.

The phone in my room didn't work.

Easy access to the mall for shopping

Easy access to the mall for shopping

We were very pleased with the accommodations at the Westin.

We were very pleased with the accommodations at the Westin.

Great place to stay in Dallas.
    • Traditional King Room

Our view was of a vertical roof top about 30 ft away.

Beautiful property.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

Great place to stay.

It was very clean with friendly staff. It is also connected directly to the mall.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

Good shopping location in Dallas

Standard, the property needs investments

Nice pool in backyard

Great place, parking a pain.
    • Traditional King Room

The parking was confusing, above and below ground. Could be more clearly labeled, perhaps.

The bed was so comfy!

Location and total facilities

Trying to find a parking space for short term parking when car is out of valet parking.

Location and total facilities

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

you overcharged me on room rate

you overcharged me on room rate

I love the huge window in the room that you could sit in to see the view of the city.especially at night love all the city lights.

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

Paul at the front desk was nice and helpful

Paul at the front desk was nice and helpful

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

We'll stay again

We had the best check-in experience thanks to Paul Gager at the front desk. He was friendly and efficient.

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

Pool closed

Pool was closed

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

Another great staycation!

Another great staycation at the Westin... this property really has it all. The Galleria location cannot be beat.

40th anniversary

Amazing Stay

Wifi

The bed felt like a cloud and the shower was amazing.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017