Reviews of Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C. 4 stars

2350 M Street N.W., Northwest, Washington, DC 20037 , USA

#110 of 138 hotels in Washington

4.7

Parking was a little expensive

Comfy bed and great bathroom. The staff were very helpful and location great for all the main sites, bars and restaurants

Checking staff did not make changes to reservation requested, change credit card and membership number No staff at desk during check our we just left Called to get copy of bill put on hold and hung up on Main restaurant closed all 3 nights and empty. No one in hotel lobby no bar. Went across to Fairmont and people everywhere Charged for internet even when they said they would not This property is poorly run and survives on location Expensive

Room was nice and clean

Location was terrific. Close to a lot of DC’s sites and attractions. The staff was professional and super friendly. Being a Starwood member allowed us to be upgraded to a bigger room and higher floor which eliminated any possible street noise. Bed was super comfy and the room was really clean. Convenient parking.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

There’s a step on the shower, very slippery. I almost feel. My niece did fall. Extremely dangerous. Appart from that everything was great.

Walgreens and CVS around the corner. Starbucks right across the road.

Room service food was below average. Ordered the grilled chicken with vegetables. Chicken was very dry and the vegetables were not particularly well seasoned. For the 75.00 charge, not worth the money.

Hotel was quiet, bed was super comfortable.

Housekeeping just came into the room on our first morning there when we were still sleeping...no knock or anything, she just used her key and came in. Once she realized we were there she quickly left but it was still pretty unprofessional. Then later that evening I asked for more pillows to be brought up to the room because I’m pregnant and need firm pillows for support. Somehow the room number got mixed up and the pillows were brought to the wrong room. When I called to see if they were bringing the pillows up they told me they already did bring them to what turned out to be the wrong room because they insisted that I gave them the wrong room number. Fine so what if I did...I still need pillows. They kept harping on the fact that I told them the wrong room number so that’s why I didn’t get them. They even called me back to confirm that I initially gave them the wrong room number (literally called me back to have the same conversation we just had). It was as if they had run out of pillows...but they didn’t and eventually brought me the largest pillow that I wasn’t even able to use because it was so thick. I gotta say that ruined the stay for me because they couldn’t let it go.

I enjoyed the location a great deal since it’s close to everything we wanted to do we were able to walk to almost everywhere. We really loved the late bathtub in the bathroom which allowed us to relax on our downtime. The front desk staff was very friendly and gave great recommendations on restaurants for the time that we were there.

I like a real closet instead of a wardrobe which took up space in the room.

The Westin is in an excellent location, Foggy Bottom part of Georgetown. Restaurants, stores, eateries, salons are all within walking distance. The young man at the front desk was very professional and pleasant.

missed the breakfast buffet. Breakfast a la carte is a bit too snobby in my view.

Westin is a fairly safe choice, but it can get expensive on a busy season. Everything else was perfect! You can eve pay 5 dollars and they lend you gym apparel! awesome.

late night staff could have been nicer when dealing with the key issue. The constant in and out of the housekeeping staff to the storage closet and using the stairs, the doors made a loud clicking noise every time they opened it.

quick in and out

The hotel parking was ridiculously overpriced! $52 per night and they even tried to charge me $52 per night to valet park my motorcycle which they just were going to put in a corner anyway, not a parking space.

The location was great! Every attraction in DC was only a mile or less away.

The valet parking, felt rushed every time we arrived. Also, the power to the room went off when removing the key. Annoying and in July/August very HOT!

The bathroom was lovely, large and enjoyed the shower and bathtub!

The pool was small and only accessible until 11pm which was annoying because I would have loved to have gone for a late night dip. The minibar wouldn't open for some reason but I wasn't really too bothered about that (at least, not enough to call down about it). I had booked to stay until Monday, but got a phone call on Sunday when I was napping asking if I was checking out late? I had to inform the caller that I had booked until Monday.

The guy at check in was absolutely lovely and very accommodating, he offered for me to join a rewards program and when I joined, he upgraded me to a deluxe room! The bed was huge and soft and so comfortable! Loved the bathroom, the products provided were nice and the robe provided was made of the softest fabric I've ever felt! The building itself is beautiful and the area it's in is very beautiful and upscale too.

Restaurant closed early for a Friday. Bar was vacated and drink was served in a cracked glass. Front staff couldn't give me the address so I could uber a car, it kept loading wrong. Few items on the catering menu, delivered in a bag. No room in the fridge for my meds. Overall it was a disappointing visit

The lobby is beautiful, location. Was nice.

Staff at the front desk were impeccable. Were very prepared and helped us with all our needs. Never felt unwelcome or bothersome. Emma specifically was a godsend.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

• Double Studio

Our room didn't get cleaned while we were touring the city. We had to ask for toilet tissue twice before getting it. We called downstairs to get our car 15 minutes before leaving and that wasn't communicated to anyone. It took an additional 15 minutes to get the car.

Some staff were friendly but I felt the service was just ok. Not a WOW experience.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The restaurant wasn't great. Food options limited and way too expensive for what you received. Went for a group dinner in the Caucus room. Only one other table and waited 20 minutes for a drink order. Waiter was very nice, but for some reason, so very slow. Wedding Reception dinner. Besides mediocre appetizers, the rib-eye steaks were all cooked well done. Fingerling potatoes and carrots were shockingly small portions. We were all starving. Tiny ice buckets. Room wasn't ready until almost 6PM.

Convenient location. Pretty space. Very spacious rooms. Nice staff.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

My son was eating his french toast on the ground out of the container it came in, then he dropped one that had syrup on it.. and when he came to pick it up it was filled with hair on the ground. Disgusting, the room was not vacuumed. Not clean. I don't know how many of the pieces he ate had dropped on the ground and then picked up again. Also, the restaurant on the main floor has no wheelchair access to get into. My friend came to the hotel to have brunch and looks like you have to walk down a few steps to get to the restaurant. Very inconvenient I had to eat across the street. We were billed an extra beer on our room which I have no idea where that came from. So in the end, not clean, not accessible, and not billed the right way. Next time I'm going to choose the Fairmont across the street or the W

Staff was great, very friendly. The breakfast for room service was delicious, food very good. Location of hotel was great.

• Reviewed: 11 July 2016

We were packing up around 9:30 am and the maid opened the door to our room without knocking first. Appreciate the coffe/tea maker with Starbucks coffee. But would have liked real sugar, not just fake sweetener :)

Tiffany at the front desk was very friendly checking us in. She also helped us secure a reservation at Blue Duck Tavern for dinner. Bed was comfy. Room was clean. Free water bottles.

• Reviewed: 6 July 2016

I was given a room for disabilities but I did not request it. When I complained they said I had booked one but I checked the booking confirmation and I hadn't requested one. Couldn't get in the shower as a result as everything is too low down. Staff in connected bar/restaurant were rude. Not the waiters more the bar tender.

Location was good

No microwave or refrigerator

Perfect location to see many different areas of DC and Georgetown!

Clean and comfortable.

Parking

Pillows

Room

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Rooms were spacious and comfortable and it was conveniently located.

• Double Studio

Parking was $52 a day!! Ouch!!

Great room size -- mini suite with pull out couch and room for a cot.

The room I requested wasn't ready staff rude

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Indoor pool would be a blbice addition Restaurant in the hotel was overpriced

Staff Room

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The bathroom was a little dirty.

Value for money and location

Parking is too expensive. it should be complementary

Bathtub

The WiFi

The room

Restaurant Fitness centre

Room

Price of parking.

Great size rooms, friendly staff. Easy to get to everything!

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Having to pay for wifi

• Reviewed: 12 November 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Mal manejo de la reserva de Booking

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Staff was great.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

To expensive

$12.50 for one day of wifi? seriously?

Comfortable bed, friendly staff all around, lovely bathroom and shower

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

I don't have anything specific that I didn't like

I have stayed several times. I like the location, rooms are very clean and staff very kind

• Reviewed: 23 July 2016

Great location near to Georgetown

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

Wifi not free in rooms

• Reviewed: 6 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

A comfortable chair to relax in.

Room was quiet and dark at night despite being in the middle of DC.

• Reviewed: 26 June 2016

Staff was nice but slow and not overly helpful.

Easy to get to. Clean. Convenient location.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2016

The breakfast and dinner area including the nice internal square was booked out for a function and therefore not available.

Location is good, you can walk to the sites of DC while also walking into Georgetown to eat at nights.

• Reviewed: 19 April 2016

The staff are very nice. I was not feeling very well when checking if, with a very sore throat and Adrian who was checking me in ensured that tea, with lemon and honey was sent to my room.

• Reviewed: 17 February 2016

I was under the impression that the tub was going to be a jacuzzi tub. The gentleman who checked me in said that he found us a nice quiet room, and there was actually construction work going on outside of our window that wasn't very quiet.

Everything was clean and comfy!

• Reviewed: 29 December 2015

Asked at checkin of the choice for the Green option and $5 voucher to do this. We did not get a voucher for $5. When using the shower - I have two body washes and no Shampoo - I thought at least the staff would check this but no staff checked the room and I was forced to wash my hair with regular soap - no shampoo twice.

Location and the rooms were nice

• Reviewed: 5 November 2015

The air-cond thermostat noise is too loud and affecting sleep. Informed twice to the hotel. While the hotel sent their engineering staff to try fix the problem, the noise issue was not resolved.

The cleanliness

• Reviewed: 20 October 2015

Lobby is a bit crowded, not mean people but setting. Not lots space when you have more people around. Would be nice to provide DC map with metro services in the room.

Very nice staff to greet us on arrival. The room is very nice setting and comfortable. There was an mistake with the charge, and they made correction quickly when inform them.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2015

Building site next door was very noisy and disruptive but once finished location should be peaceful again.

Shaded pool is good idea. Lunch was very good. Staff were very helpful and welcoming.

• Reviewed: 21 July 2015

2 of the 4 mornings we were woken by some sort of loud drilling noise that sounded like someone was trying to drill through the wall or ceiling of our room. Horrible. Front desk staff didn't seem to know what it was.

The staff was extraordinarily friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 14 June 2015

Nothing worthy of calling out

Not really in Georgetown, but convenient all the same to get around (train or cab). Hotel provided a welcome evil of luxury.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2015

The alarm clock/iPod deck didn't seem to work. The room was a bit dark as the only window was in the back corner.

Good, central location. The Caucus Room inside the Westin had great drinks and dinner. The room itself was very lovely and comfortably laid out. The bathroom was large and well-lit.

• Reviewed: 24 March 2016

breakfast buffett, no room service

we miss the buffett

• Reviewed: 8 March 2016

Driving directions & parking issues.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2015

Very basic for the price you pay for the room

The tub was spacious very quiet area

• Reviewed: 27 December 2015

Bad service from the reception staff posted his photo

• Reviewed: 1 December 2015

No complimentary breakfast

Comfort of the bed

• Reviewed: 28 October 2015

Leaving!

The staff by far were amazing! They were very accommodating and I have already booked my next trip to stay here,

• Reviewed: 22 October 2015

No Internet access without charges..

• Reviewed: 15 September 2015

The charges within the room for phones and iPads the room was spotless and extremely comfortable

• Reviewed: 11 September 2015

Staff and location wonderful. Helped get me tickets.

• Reviewed: 6 August 2015

All fabulous

Lovely friendly staff great location Adrian on front desk super!

• Reviewed: 28 July 2015

Breakfast wasn't included and there is building work going on next to the hotel which woke us at 7am!

Lovely hotel and lovely rooms

• Reviewed: 28 July 2015

Noisy AC in my room. The shower hás very little water pressure. Paid wifi...

Comfy bed, helpful and friendly staff, wonderful location.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2015

Great staff, great location.

• Reviewed: 14 July 2015

the construction going on

staff was very nice

• Reviewed: 12 July 2015

Construction in dining room (loud) Bag service poor. Room below average clean

Bed and location and concierage

• Reviewed: 26 May 2015

The location is excellent

• Reviewed: 12 May 2015

construction and expensive overnight parking

Close to everything

• Reviewed: 7 May 2015

$75.00 for a breakfast with three people,really............

• Reviewed: 6 May 2015

If you are booking more than 4 rooms, the lead coordinator should be afforded free in room wi-fi.

The staff was phenomenal.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2015

Pool wasn't available

Concierge was awesome. Great staff. Nice hotel

• Reviewed: 24 March 2015

The front desk was a lot of help.I traveled for my birthday and Dag was awesome.When I come back to this area I will be staying again

There are also 47 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.