Reviews of Westin Kierland Resort & Spa 4 stars

6902 East Greenway Parkway, Scottsdale, AZ 85254, USA

#34 of 83 hotels in Scottsdale

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

We enjoyed our stay on Saturday & our day at the pool on Sunday, it’s a shame that it ended are so b
    • Traditional Room

We had numerous problems with our room key cards. Each time we had to go downstairs, the staff was so rude to us. We had been at the pool, we locked our I.D.’s in our room safe. They could not grasp this & continued to be very rude. It happened again on Sunday. I was still at the pool & my husband wanted to shower & rest before dinner. The staff was extremely rude. My husband begged a staff member to accompany him to our room & unlock the door & he would then show his I.D.. Even this was refused. I was at the pool with my cellphone off & not reachable. My husband had to sit on the floor outside our room for 30 minutes until a maid that recognized him, was kind enough to let him in. Henthen called the front desk, from our room, and begged someone to please bring him a new key card that would work. Please know, my husband has been through 10 major back surgeries & 2 major surgeries on his neck, it is not easy for him to walk long distances. Even this request was REFUSED. Why? We packed & went home a day early. This is not a cheap resort, we expected more. We expected to be treated with respect. Having said all of the above, I called the resort Sunday evening to ask for our invoice & finally was transferred to a manager named Sean. He was very nice & very courteous. After hearing my story, he refunded the cost of our room for the night we were not there. That made me very happy. And, it was the right thing to do. You need to fix your key card system. Out of 6 keys we were issued, only 1 key ever worked.

Nice pool. I would like to commend the wait staff at the pool, especially a waitress named April. She was so attentive & pleasant.

Relaxing Staycay
    • Deluxe Room

Paid extra for a "deluxe" room with a mountain view and double beds, was put downstairs in front of the pool in a room with a king size bed--- if I would have known that was going to happen I would have paid less for the "traditional" room since I didn't get a view anyway. The mini fridge in the room was on, but not keeping anything cold. My friend and I decided to just share a bed and make the best of it, rather than move all our stuff.

Comfy bed, awesome drinks at the pool, I love that there's an adult only pool if you're not feeling the whole kid situation. Room service was tasty.

Good family fun
    • Deluxe Room

I just felt the rooms bathroom could’ve been a little bit cleaner. There were small stains on the door that looked like poop and It just didn’t look like it was cleaned it to the best of its ability.

Room service was amazing . ALL of the staff was amazing and accommodating! I absolutely loved the pools!!!

Beautiful property, clean- comfy rooms, excellent friendly...
    • Traditional Room

Husband thought the beds were a little too hard.

Beautiful property, clean- comfy rooms, excellent friendly and helpful staff. Todd at the bell desk was exceptionally helpful.

I would be cautious about staying here - Clifford the server is the reason I would go back
    • Traditional Room

One of the beds had blood all over the sheets and the hotel tried to say it was because of my dogs- however it was in the pull out bed and there was no way my dogs who are male, not female could have left that much blood on the sheets. The hotel manager front desk who checked out us was not helpful kept saying we are lucky that they let us stay because of the dogs. The manager above him was very helpful upfront and honest. He said he was going to take off one night stay and comp 250 dollars in food and drink - We are waiting for the credit and will follow up later

THE BEST SERVER !! = Clifford - He is awesome I would give him 5 stars - The pool was nice, the people at the spa were awesome

It was beautiful!
    • Deluxe Room

Our given concierge was poor. He was hard to find as we tried to ask for simple suggestions. We also never heard from him again once we told him we were not interested in the tour to sell us a property home. His name was Kevin. Find another if this is who you are given.

It was beautiful! Well maintained and very clean. Location was excellent. Visited for the Fiesta Bowl and honeymoon. Husband got the flu and room service was a blessing. Expensive and just ok food, but very nice and quick. Our given concierge wasn’t the best but others were courteous. Desert table amazing, bagpiper was amazing and pool area. We had to cancel plans due to the illness and wish we could have a do-over!

Beautiful place, most of the staff were extremely friendly.
    • Traditional Room

A lot of extra fees added on to everything. Our parking was complimentary because we had handicap placard.

Beautiful place, most of the staff were extremely friendly. Would definitely return

I don't know what is a genius perk is
    • Traditional Room

We found it absurd to charge $22 with fees to rent a movie in the room. On top of this the remote was awful.

I don't know what is a genius perk is

The pool felt like a bath tub.

Warmth of pool

The pool felt like a bath tub. I understand it's Arizona and hot but I have been to different resorts in Arizona around the same time and their pools were refreshing. Since that was the main reason we came to resort was for the pool it was very disappointing.

Amazing place for a short trip with the family!
    • Deluxe Room

The bed was not Ike sleeping on a cloud but it was not horrible. Pool could use more shade when the heat is unbearable.

Staff at pool are very friendly

Capitalism gone TOO FAR?
    • Traditional Room

2 Things were a REAL BUZZKILL..1)..$18.99 + Tax to watch a Movie in your room..REALLY????...AND # 2..As if The Resort Fees Taxes..etc..are not enough "Add ons"..You actually HAVE TO PAY TO PARK YOUR CAR ON THEIR PROPERTY..Cmon!!!!....What's Next?...Per use fees to use your bathroom in your room?..Additional Ice Cubes at 3 cents per cube?

Great overall experience

Dogs on property.
    • Traditional Room

Our remote didn't work . They didn't have a hairdryer. The coffee maker was old and didn't drip straight so it made a mess. We ended up going down stairs and bought coffee. I almost walked in dog poop in the lobby. Apparently some irresponsible dog owner thought it was all good to let their dog do his business in the lobby. The hotel had a lot of dogs on property. It was surprising. I'm not against dogs but the fact I almost walked in dog poop on my way to the elevator was a huge turn off. A lady walking near me told the front desk. I'm not sure if they sprayed disinfectant on the flooor after it was picked up? But it was so incredibly disgusting!!

The bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Not the best
    • Traditional Room

With such nice rooms and spending $200+ on 3 rooms for two nights it's extremely disappointing on how unsatisfactory our trip was. We came for our sons birthday. Our first morning our phone didn't work. We had to call my mother in law to get her to order coffee for us. She called at 6:15 and we didn't get our coffee till around 7:30 it was complimentary because they forgot but what a terrible way to start a day. Later in the day I called and asked for help bringing my sons cake up to our room (on the 8th floor) I was told I would be greeted with a cart and additional hands to help carry it up. Upon arriving no one had any idea about helping with a cake. we had to carry it up by ourselves while trying to bring our two children up with us. It was very disappointing.

The pool is nice, the beds are comfy.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

The buffet every morning was amazing, my daughter...
    • Deluxe Room

Two of our mornings, an employee was on a Segway going up & down our hallway floor. My daughter was not happy with the early wakeup.

The buffet every morning was amazing, my daughter couldn't wait to grab a plate and dig in!!!

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

A wonderful resort but eat elsewhere.
    • Traditional Room

We have stayed here a number of times before. This year the restaurant staff performed very indifferently and the food quality was far inferior to that in previous stays. We were very disappointed in both.

The location and setting are ideal. The physical facility is first rate.

Fantastic hotel, great experience, near perfect.
    • Traditional Room

Rooms were kind of noisy at night, both neighbors and staff (cleaning the floors outside my room at 12:15 am with 3 guys getting ordered around by their rude Manager was a bit ridiculous)

Most staff was super attentive and excited to provide incredible service. Food was great. Free parking for Audi drivers was incredibly convenient.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

The shuttle service to the commons area is great and staff...
    • Traditional Room

The shuttle service to the commons area is great and staff is friendly. The pools are great but there are no indoor pools for the colder days. The water temperature is not very warm when is 20C. We went on December and had a couple of cold days during our stay so we couldn't enjoy the pool. Also when it rains there aren't many options in the resort for families.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

Great place.
    • Traditional Room

Great place. Great staff. Just don't order the room service pizza. Easily one of the worst pizzas I've every had. I literally had better pizza in Mozambique.

Great Place For Staycation
    • Deluxe Room

Last minute getaway without the kids Room very comfortable staff very helpful and Great Breakfast This is a great place for families

great a 5 star

valley parking was 31 too much

great a 5 star

Local get away
    • Traditional Room

The bed is so comfortable.

It was very expensive which I did not anticipate
    • Deluxe Room

the costs were extravagant - too much money.

The food was very good

Excellent and relaxing!
    • Traditional Room

The pools, events and location were perfect.

Excellent, lovely facility with lots
    • Traditional Room

Having to pay for parking

Breakfast excellent, room clean, bathroom very good

The concierge messed up our reservations and the restaurant...
    • Traditional Room

The concierge messed up our reservations and the restaurant was overpriced and poor quality of food

Lazy river

Lazy river

The piil area, close to shopping & restaurants, evening...
    • Traditional Room

Paying to access internet, parking a bit pricey

The piil area, close to shopping & restaurants, evening light show, friendly staff

I was charged about $100 more than the price I paid on...

I was charged about $100 more than the price I paid on Booking.com

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Incredible getaway!
    • Traditional Room

Gorgeous property. Great pools, amazing staff, and good location. I'll definitely be back!

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Pool is fabulous.
    • Traditional Room

Pool is fabulous. Rooms are spacious and comfortable. Outdoor areas are beautiful.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

the pillows were not great.
    • Deluxe Room

the pillows were not great. Our power went out and we had to get up at 4:45 am to catch a flight. Is there no generator?

• Reviewed: 30 March 2016

The room we had no view due to a large tree planted in front...

The room we had no view due to a large tree planted in front of the slider. The sink was plugged in the bathroom and the shower towel had a large hole and felt like a rag!! We did not feel that this hotel reflected the rating it gets!

• Reviewed: 4 October 2015

They allowed a very early check in and check out, which is...

The resort is overpriced. It's a decent place, I'd say 3-4 stars not 4-5. We got a $139 rate for a staycation, I feel like that was almost too much for the stay. After overpriced drinks and a couple of marginal meals we spent a lot more!

They allowed a very early check in and check out, which is almost unheard of anymore! They have a nice patio in the evening, with a good musician.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2015

I loved everything!

I loved everything! The staff was so friendly from the moment we arrived. It was a very fast check in and also check out. Our room was gorgeous, we stayed on the 11th floor and the view from our balcony was amazing! We loved our stay and will be back very soon!

• Reviewed: 29 August 2015

Surrounded by fantastic golf course with gorgeous view from...

No breakfast possible due to renovation, alternative options were poor.

Surrounded by fantastic golf course with gorgeous view from the terrace. Evening entertainment with doodle player was nice. Rooms and bathroom a little outdated

• Reviewed: 25 July 2015

Close to where I work

Resort fee of $25 day. Hate it!!!!!!!!!! Just put it in the room rate, sneaky and makes me hate staying at your property. Carpet was dirty in hallways, hotel is getting tired. Used to stay here all the time. Now only if forced.

Close to where I work

• Reviewed: 14 July 2015

Eat at the Paseo Restaurant.

Didn't like that they automatically deducted more than $100 per night out of my cc "just in case I might use it." It finally was returned on Tuesday after we left on Sunday. I've never heard of that!

Eat at the Paseo Restaurant. Pricey but the food is so unique and tastey! The massage at The Agave Spa was heavenly!!!! Best I've ever had! ☺

• Reviewed: 12 July 2015

Pool was perfect for my 3 year okd

Slide was not fun. Very slow and still only about 5 seconds long. my 3 yearbd could have gone on or rode with me but I was told she did not meet the height requirement and could not ride with me or her dad

Pool was perfect for my 3 year okd

• Reviewed: 1 May 2016

There should have been an offer for an all-inclusive package.

There should have been an offer for an all-inclusive package.

• Reviewed: 17 April 2016

Location is great.

Location is great. Surrounding area is nice. Lobbyis beautiful. Scotch library is a nice touch

• Reviewed: 7 February 2016

Noisy hotel that caters to the conventions.

• Reviewed: 30 November 2015

We can travel with out dogs.

We can travel with out dogs.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2015

staff was very friendly and helpful

pool area not clean even first thing in the am

staff was very friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 5 September 2015

thee pools!

thee pools!!!!!!! the grounds, the friendly people!!!!

• Reviewed: 4 August 2015

Gorgeous hotel and staff is amazing!

Gorgeous hotel and staff is amazing!

• Reviewed: 16 July 2015

Lazy River!

Bed not extremely comfortable.

Lazy River!

There are also 25 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.